Get complete information on top B.Tech Entrance Exams in India to get admission into popular B.Tech colleges. Find latest updates regarding B.Tech Entrance Exams 2021 Dates, Syllabus, Question Papers and more.
The most common bachelor’s degree chosen currently in India is engineering. B.E or B.Tech degrees are currently highly sought after by a majority of students in the country. This high demand for the engineering degree has lead to the creation of various B.Tech entrance exams both national and state levels for students to take part in and thus earn an education in a college/university based on their scores in the B.Tech entrance exams. The most common B.Tech entrance exams are JEE Mains, BITSAT, KCET, COMEDK, SRMJEEE, etc.
Top B.Tech Entrance Exams in India
Here is a list of top B.Tech entrance exams, both national and state level.
National level B.Tech Entrance Exams
National-level examinations are usually conducted by private colleges for admissions into their college, except for JEE which is conducted by government organizations for IITs, IIITs, and NITs.
State Level B.Tech Entrance Exams
State-level examinations are conducted by the state education boards for admission into all participating colleges (either private, government-aided, or government colleges) in the examination.
B.Tech Entrance Exams Syllabus
The syllabus for B.Tech entrance exam is mostly similar for all the test, it consists of mainly Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, English, and Aptitude. A general overview of syllabus is listed below, this will provide a knowledge of the topics that are covered in the syllabus.
|Logical Reasoning and General Awareness||
B.Tech Entrance Exams Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the national and state-level B.Tech entrance examinations are different. They are discussed below to give you an idea about the various criteria to be satisfied to apply for the examination. If any candidate is found to not satisfy the eligibility criteria, his/her candidature might be cancelled without notice. This is why interested candidates must have an idea about the eligibility criteria for the B.Tech entrance examinations.
National Level Examinations
- Some examinations require the candidate to be a citizen of India, whereas a few exams such as JEE, LPUNEST, etc do not have any such requirements (i.e; the candidate can be a citizen of another country too) as long as the candidate satisfies the educational requirements.
- The minimum educational qualification to be eligible for the examination is that the candidate must have cleared his/her higher secondary education with a minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized educational institution. The minimum percentage of marks varies for each entrance examination and the category of the candidate (i.e; general or reservation category).
- Most examinations do not have an upper age limit but they do have a lower age limit to be eligible for the exam. The candidate is required to be at least 18 years of age in the year the exam is to be conducted.
- Most state-level entrance examinations require that the candidate be a resident of the state for at least 5 years before applying for the examination. Candidates whose parents who were previously residents of the respective state can also apply as long as they have proof of residency for a minimum of 5 years.
- Candidates are required to be at least 18 years of age in the year the examination is to be conducted. The upper age limit is 25 years of age based on the education board of the respective state. There are relaxations in the upper age limit for various reservation categories.
- The candidates are required to have a minimum educational qualification of higher secondary education with a minimum percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination. The minimum percentage of marks varies among various states.
Candidates who have a diploma are also eligible to apply for these examinations given that they satisfy the eligibility criteria. Some states have a different set of examinations for students who graduate from diploma courses such as TS DEECET, AP DEECET, JEECUP, DCECE, etc.
B.Tech Entrance Exams Exam Pattern
Having an idea about the exam pattern and the syllabus will be a great help in preparing for the examination. Candidates can also practice for the examination by referring to the previous year's papers of the examination to get an idea of how the questions are going to be structured. Here are the exam patterns for a few of the B.Tech entrance exams.
|JEE Main Exam Pattern||
|KCET Exam Pattern||
|UPESEAT Exam Pattern||
|LPUNEST Exam Pattern||
|MU OET Exam Pattern||
A good score in the B.Tech entrance exam means a better chance of getting admission to a good engineering college. This is why preparation for the exam is one of the most important processes. If you commit to the preparation process, then you will easily be able to clear the examination and get a really good score.
B.Tech Entrance Exams Sample Papers
Here are the sample papers for a few B.Tech Entrance Examinations:
- JEE Main Sample Papers
- WBJEE Sample Papers
- BITSAT Sample Papers
- UPESEAT Sample Papers
- IPU CET Sample Papers
Referring to sample papers will always help you prepare better for the examination. This also serves as a type of revision for the examination, and it will help you understand where and how you can improve yourself.
Why choose a career in engineering?
An engineer not only has a wide range of job opportunities but also can create a whole new set of jobs. Individuals who have graduated from an engineering course have an innovative way of looking at the world and are always willing to explore and learn. Engineering is one of the most versatile fields of study where students have opportunities to explore and create. Here are a few other reasons why you would benefit from choosing a career in engineering:
- Job satisfaction: It is important to have a career where you enjoy the work you do. And a career in engineering is going to be satisfactory as there are a lot of unexplored areas and a lot of discoveries and inventions to be made.
- A potential benefit to society: Engineers are always coming up with innovative ideas that make our day to day lives easier and more advanced. Engineers are also responsible for various innovative techniques that are responsible for the betterment of the environment.
- Challenging work environment: As an engineer, you will have a world of possibilities, a range of solutions for each problem and enough opportunities to test a few of them either in real-time or in a simulated environment. There is always room for experimentation and improvements in the field of engineering.
- Opportunities for intellectual development and growth: An engineer has a lot of job opportunities, and sometimes if you are good at what you do, you will have opportunities to work with the military sector of your country and help in developing systems and equipment that will benefit your country. Opportunities such as this will help you grow in your career and help in the development of your skills and knowledge.
- Creative thinking: Though it may not seem like it, a career in engineering requires a lot of creativity. The world is in a time of rapid changes in society and technology, and this means that engineers need to be able to think more creatively than ever before.
If you have decided to pursue engineering as a career path after considering the above reasons, now your main concern would be to choose the right college and course. Over the years of engineering education, there are a lot of courses that have developed in engineering, and all these courses have good job opportunities. Similarly, with the increasing requirement of B.Tech degrees, the number of engineering colleges have also substantially increased. There are several B.Tech entrance exams conducted for students to get admission into these colleges. It is always beneficial to have an idea about the entrance exams so that you can get into your desired college and course through the entrance exam that makes it easier for you.
Finally, Engineering is a great career path for individuals who are passionate about creating new technologies and machines that make the society’s life easier and simpler. It is an added benefit the individual is creative and innovative by nature, as engineering will be a great career for that individual to grow and succeed in.
“Scientists are people who theorize dreams but engineers are people who make those dreams a reality.” - Anonymous