HITSEEE stands for the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Engineering Entrance Examination. It is usually conducted every year in April. It is conducted for admission to B.Tech, BArch and B.Des. The examination is conducted every year for the intake of the candidates aspiring admission to BTech program in HITS, Chennai. To know more about HITSEEE 2021, read the full article below.
- February 9, 2021: The examination dates for HITSEEE 2021 has been released. The candidates can apply for HITSEE 2021 latest by April 10, 2021.
- January 11, 2021: The application form for HITSEEE 2021 is released. Candidates interested to get admission at HITS can start applying for the entrance test now. The application process is expected to end in the third week of April 2021. Visit the HITSEEE Application Form page for more information.
- What is HITSEEE?
- HITSEEE 2021 Important Dates
- HITSEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- HITSEEE 2021 Application Process
- HITSEEE 2021 Admit Card
- HITSEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
- HITSEEE 2021 Syllabus
- HITSEEE 2021 Exam Centres
- HITSEEE 2021 Exam Results
- HITSEEE 2021 Exam Counselling
- HITSEEE 2021 Scholarship
- HITSEEE Contact Details
What is HITSEEE?
The HITSEEE 2021 is a national level examination conducted by the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, which offers a total of 52 undergraduate programs and 20 postgraduate programs. HITS is an autonomous institute of the UGC with an “A” grade and accredited by NAAC.
Out of this, there are sixteen B.Tech courses in various specializations and three B. Des courses, and one B.Arch course.
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Highlights
The table mentioned below gives the details about HITSEEE 2021 Exam Highlights. Candidates can refer to this table for their better understanding.
|Exam Name||Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Engineering Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Authority||Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Courses Offered||BTech, BDes and BArch|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Dates
The tentative dates for HITSEEE 2021 Exam are given below. The official dates will be updated once the notification is out from the conducting authority.
|HITSEEE 2021 Application form Start date||Nov 10, 2021|
|HITSEEE 2021 Application form Last date||Mar 22, 2021|
|Availability of HITSEEE 2021 Admit Card||Apr 14, 2021 (tentative)|
|HITSEEE 2021 Exam Date||Apr 19, 2021 to Apr 19, 2021|
|HITSEEE 2021 Result Date||May 4, 2021 (tentative)|
|HITSEEE 2021 Counselling Date||To be announced|
HITSEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying for HITSEEE 2021 must ensure that they are eligible to appear before registering for the examination. One should meet the conditions such as age limit, subjects studied, marks obtained etc. Applicants must not fill the form if they do not meet the HITSEEE 2021 eligibility criteria. The eligibility can vary according to each course offered by the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science. The HITSEEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below.
Indian nationals who are residing in India can only apply for the HITSEEE 2021 examination.
Only the applicants born on or after July 1, 1999, will be eligible for the HITSEEE 2021 examination. There is no age limit relaxation for both general and reserved candidates.
The educational qualification needed to apply for HITSEEE 2021 is different for each undergraduate program. However, the age limit remains the same for all the applications. The details of the educational qualifications required are given below.
- All the candidates must obtain an average score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from a recognized board of higher education.
- For vocational streams, candidates must score a minimum of 50% in vocational subjects (Practical and theory) and related subjects.
- For B. Tech in Biotechnology, candidates must secure a combined score of 50% in Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- NATA: All the candidates applying for the B. Arch program must write the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA), conducted by the Council of Architecture, India, and secured the minimum eligible marks.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at the end of 10+2 or pass 10+3 Diploma examination with Maths as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates applying for Bachelor of Design should secure a minimum average of 50% in any stream to be eligible for HITSEEE 2021.
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Application Process
Candidates must ensure that they complete the HITSEEE 2021 application process before the deadline. Only after the successful submission of the application form will a candidate be able to write the HITSEEE 2021 exam.
The step by step process to complete the HITSEEE 2021 exam application process is given below.
Visit the website
- Candidates need to visit the official website of Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science.
- Click on “Apply Now,” and it will redirect you to the HITSEEE 2021 registration page.
- Candidates need to provide their credentials such as Name, Email ID, and Mobile number.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number, which needs to be entered below the mobile number.
- Choose a strong password of your choice, which will be used again for login.
- Select the course you are applying for and also select your State and City.
- Click on “Register,” and you will get a confirmation email and SMS when your HITSEEE 2021 Exam user account is created.
- After the HITSEEE 2021 user account is created, candidates need to login and enter all the credentials.
- Enter all the credentials such as Permanent Address, Date of Birth, Educational details, Test city preferences, etc.
- After filling all the details, candidates must click on the “Submit” button.
Upload Photograph and Signature
- Candidates must upload the scanned copy of their latest photograph and signature.
- The specification of the candidate's photograph and signature are given below in the table.
|Photograph||Size - Equal to or less than 100-200 kb.
Dimension - 3.5 cm (Width) X 4.5 cm (Height)
|Signature||Size - Equal to or less than 100-200 kb
Dimension - 6 cm X 3 cm
- After the photograph and signature are uploaded successfully, candidates need to submit and proceed for fee payment.
HITSEEE 2021 Registration Fee Payment
- The final step of the HITSEEE 2021 exam application process is the fee payment, which can be done online or offline.
- For Online payment, candidates need to pay an amount of INR 945 for HITSEEE 2021 exam application form. They can pay online using Debit card/credit card or HDFC Net banking.
- After the payment is done, applicants can take the printout of the HITSEEE 2021 fee receipt and preserve it for future references.
- For Offline payment, candidates need to pay INR 1000 in cash or by Demand Draft (DD) in favour of the institute “Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science” payable at Chennai.
- After the fee payment, candidates must send the Demand Draft along with the completed HITSEEE 2021 application form to the university before the last date.
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Admit Card
The Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science will release the HITSEEE 2021 admit card tentatively on Apr 14, 2021. The admit card will only be available online. Candidates before downloading HITSEE 2021 Admit Card need to fill the application form clearly because without filling application form neatly candidates will not be able to download admit card. The candidates need to download the HITSEEE 2021 admit card from the official website by simply entering their application number and the date of birth.
- The HITSEEE 2021 Exam Admit card contains all the relevant details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, address of the exam centre, date, and the examination time.
- Candidates must carry the HITSEEE 2021 Exam Admit Card along with a photo identity proof on the day of the examination.
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Pattern
It is very necessary to check the HITSEE 2021 Exam Pattern while preparing for the examination. The HITSEEE 2021 will follow a similar pattern as the previous years. Candidates will be evaluated based on subject knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 11 and class 12.
Candidates appearing for the examination can check the HITSEEE 2021 exam pattern, as mentioned below in the given table.
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|HITSEEE 2021 Exam Duration||2 Hours ( No sectional timing)|
|Types of Question||Objective (MCQ)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Total Questions||120 (40 questions per subject)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for the correct answer|
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Syllabus
An exam syllabus is an important tool that can be used during the preparation process for any entrance examination. The HITSEEE 2021 Syllabus will help the aspirants to understand all the topics that will be referred to prepare for the examination paper. It will also help the candidates figure out the topics that they might find difficult to cope up with. Applicants are advised to go through the HITSEEE 2021 Exam Syllabus once, which is mentioned in the given list below.
HITSEEE 2021 Exam: Physics Syllabus
- Atomic and Nuclear Physics
- Current and Electricity
- Semiconductor Devices and Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Magnetism and Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
HITSEEE 2021 Exam: Chemistry Syllabus
- Atomic Structure
- Carbonyl compounds
- Isomerism in organic compounds
- P, D and F block elements
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Chemical equilibrium
- Carbonyl compounds
- Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- Isomerism in organic compounds
- Coordination chemistry and solid-state chemistry
HITSEEE 2021 Exam: Mathematics Syllabus
- Integral calculus and its application
- Probability distributions
- Vector algebra
- Differential equations
- Complex numbers
- Discrete mathematics
- Application of matrices and determinants
- Analytical geometry of 3D
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Centres
Before the commencement of the exam, candidates need to look at the exam centre name mentioned on top of the HITSEEE 2021 Admit Card. The list of HITSEEE 2021 Exam centres is given in the table below. Candidates can choose their desired city at the time of application form filling.
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Trichy, Salem, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Cuddalore, Thoothukudi, Villupuram, Tanjore, Vellore, Nagercoil|
|Kerala||Kochi, Kozhikode, Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Malappuram, Wayanad, Kasaragod, Thrissur, Palakad, Kollam, Trivandrum|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow|
|West Bengal||Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur, Guntur, Nellore, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Godavari, Ongole, Kurnool, Kakinada, Cudapah, Chittoor, Krishna, Vizag|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
|Karnataka||Bangalore, Mangalore, Mysore|
|Madhya Pradesh||Gwalior, Bhopal, Indore|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Kota, Udaipur|
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Results
The Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science is expected to publish the HITSEEE 2021 Results in the first week of May 2021. The conducting authority will be uploading the result on their official website.
- The HITSEEE 2021 Exam Result can be checked on the official website, by entering the application number and date of birth.
- The overall performance of the candidate will be displayed on the mark sheet, which includes marks scored and All India Rank as well. Students who crack the exam and score in the top 100 will receive a fee waiver from the institution.
HITSEEE 2021 Exam Counselling
The candidates who have successfully cracked the exam will be called for the HITSEEE 2021 counselling session for the allocation of branches.
- Allocation of the course is done based on All India Rank scored in the HITSEEE 2021 examination.
- The counselling process will be held at the Hindustan Admission Office, Chennai. The HITSEEE 2021 counselling dates will be notified at the time of results. Candidates can check the official website or call the admission office to check the counselling dates.
HITSEEE 2021 Scholarship
The top 100 performers of the HITSEEE 2021 Exam may win a massive scholarship. The details of the HITSEEE 2021 performance scholarship are given below.
|Performance||Tuition Fee Waiver|
|HITSEEE 2021 Exam Rank 1 - 25||100%|
|HITSEEE 2021 Exam Rank 26 - 50||75%|
|HITSEEE 2021 Exam Rank 51 - 100||50%|
|Central and State Board Toppers||100%|
HITSEE Contact Details
Address: 40, G.S.T Road, St. Thomas Mount,
Chennai - 600 016. India.
Phone Number : +91-44-2234 1389 / 2234 2508
Fax: +91-44-2234 2170
Email: [email protected]
Which courses are offered in the HITSEEE 2020 examination? Is it for undergraduate students or postgraduate students?
HITSEEE 2020 is offering undergraduate courses like B. Tech, B. Arch, and B. Des to the candidates who apply for this exam. No, it is not applicable to postgraduate courses.
When is the last date to apply for HITSEEE 2020?
Candidates should apply on or before July 31, 2020, to appear for the HITSEEE 2020.
Is there any tuition fee waiver awarded to candidates who appear for the HITSEEE 2020 Examination?
Yes, candidates who secure All India Rank 1- 100 are awarded fee scholarships from 50% to 100%.
I scored 65% in class 12. Will I be eligible for the HITSEEE 2020 examination?
Yes. All candidates who secure more than 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics combined will be eligible for the HITSEEE 2020 examination.
Is there any sectional timing for each subject in the HITSEEE 2020 examination?
No, there is no sectional timing for a particular subject. The total duration of the HITSEEE 2020 exam will be 2 hours. Candidates can attempt any section as per his/her wish.
Will the HITSEEE 2020 exam be conducted on August 8 in Jaipur city?
No, the candidates must note that the exam will be conducted from August 5 to August 9, 2020, only in the city of Chennai. Other cities will hold the HITSEEE 2020 exam from August 5, 2020, to August 7, 2020.