JEE Main result 2022 for Phase 1 will be announced tentatively between Jul 7 - 9, 2022, on the official website by NTA. JEE Main 2022 Phase 1 was conducted from Jun 23 - 29, 2022. According to past year result trends, the JEE Main results were always made official by NTA one week after the release of the JEE Main answer keys.
Both session JEE Main 2022 results will be announced separately. NTA released the modified JEE Main 2022 rules for tie-breaking. They have re-introduced age criteria as one of the rules in JEE Main 2022, along with the application number in ascending order as another criterion. If none of the other rules helps break the tie, the age criteria and application number will be considered in JEE Main 2022.
JEE Main scorecard will include information such as the candidate's normalized percentile score in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, the candidate's overall percentile score in all three subjects, and the candidate's All India Rank and JEE Main Cut Off 2022 for JEE Advanced. Candidates will be given direct access to view their JEE Main results here.
|JEE Main Exam Paper Analysis 2022||JEE Main 2022 Exam Guidelines|
|JEE Main Previous Question Papers||JEE Main Answer Key 2022|
JEE Main Latest Notifications
- Jul 7, 2022: NTA released JEE Main 2022 Phase 1 (BE/BTech) provisional final answer key on Jul 6, 2022.
- Jul 6, 2022: NTA reopened JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 registration window from Jul 6 - 9, 2022.
- Jul 6, 2022: NTA is likely to release JEE Main 2022 Phase 1 results between Jul 7 - 9, 2022.
- Jul 4, 2022: NTA extended JEE Main 2022 answer key challenge to Jul 4, 2022, 11:50 pm.
Table of Contents
- JEE Main 2022 Result Highlights
- JEE Main 2022 Result Dates
- JEE Main 2022 Session 1 Results
- JEE Main 2022 Session 2 Results
- JEE Main 2022 Paper 1 Result (B.Tech)
- JEE Main 2022 Paper 2 Result (B.Arch & B.Plan)
- JEE Main 2022 Final Result
- JEE Main 2022 Result Statistics
- JEE Main 2022 Result Key Components
- Details Present on JEE Main 2022 Scorecard
- NTA JEE Main 2022 Normalization Process
- JEE Main Result Previous Year Trends
- JEE Main 2022 Rank List
- JEE Main 2021 Result Toppers
- JEE Main 2022 Tie Breaker Rule
- JEE Main 2022 Marks vs Percentile
- JEE Main 2022 Expected Cut Off
- JEE Main 2022 Answer Key
- JEE Main Previous Year Cut Off
- What after JEE Main 2022 Result?
- Top B.Tech Colleges as per NIRF 2021 Ranking
JEE Main Result 2022 Highlights
Candidates can check their JEE Main result 2022 by logging in and using their JEE Main 2022 application number and date of birth or password. Since the JEE Main 2022 exam is conducted in various shifts, the raw marks will be converted into percentile scores using the normalization process, which NTA carries out.
To view and access JEE Main 2022 results, the candidates must visit the official website and enter their roll no. and date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy). The result will be given as a scorecard with all the details, including the category-wise cut off marks.
- The result will also show whether the candidate has qualified for the next level, i.e., JEE Advanced or not.
- The all-India rank will be used for admission through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and/ or Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs, and other institutes.
- Candidate should score a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in class 12 or be in the top 20% in the 12th board exam to qualify for admission to IITs/ NITs/ IIITs or CFTIs. Class 12 marks are not considered while calculating the normalized scores.
- The merit list for admission under DASA category will be prepared separately by NTA based on rank obtained in JEE Main 2022.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will be responsible for JEE Main and JEE Advanced counselling processes for 2022.
- Evaluation of multiple-choice questions of B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Planning will be carried out using final answer keys, and the marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the result of JEE Main 2022.
Re-evaluation of JEE Main Result 2022
NTA JEE Main result is compiled based on the declared final answer key. Students cannot raise any objections to the score they have obtained, as the marks published on the scorecard will be final. No requests for revaluation of the result will be entertained.
How to Check JEE Main Result Online?
To check JEE Main Result, a candidate must visit the official website. The result viewing portal will appear similar to the image presented below. Enter JEE Main Roll Number and DOB (mm/dd/yyyy) and access the results.
Steps to Check JEE Main 2022 Results and Download Scorecard
The following are the steps to check and download JEE Main Results 2022.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of JEE Main.
- Step 2: Please navigate to 'JEE Main 2022 Results' option and click on it.
- Step 3: Enter the roll number and date of birth on the login page.
- Step 4: Verify and submit the details to access JEE Main Result 2022.
- Step 5: Save and download the scorecard for further reference.
JEE Main 2022 Scorecard/ Rank card Sample
On JEE Main scorecard, the candidate’s details like the following will be displayed.
- Roll Number
- Name of their father
- State code of eligibility
JEE Main 2022 Score and Result Important Points
All the candidates have to download their score/rank cards from JEE Main official website.
This score will have the actual marks obtained in Paper-I of JEE Main 2022 and the status of those who qualify to appear for JEE (Advanced) – 2022 provided. The rank shall have a separate All India Rank(AIR) and All India category rank.
Note: Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through the Central Seat Allocation Board to NITs/IIITs/CFTIs/SFIs/Others, while other ranks are just for information purposes.
JEE Main 2022 Result Dates
JEE Main result dates 2022 are tabulated below.
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||Jul 2, 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 Results Date||Jul 7 - 9, 2022 (tentative)|
JEE Main 2022 Session 1 Results
JEE Main Session I results will be announced shortly after the final answer key is released by the exam authorities. The final answer key will be released post corrections to the provisional answer key, if any, are made. Phase 1 exams are set to be conducted from Jun 20, 2022, to Jun 29, 2022. Session 1 results will include results for Math, Physics, and Chemistry and the total in B.E/B.Tech. The following table provides more insights on the Session 1 result date:
|Phase 1 Exam||Jun 23, 2022-Jun 29, 2022|
|Release of Final Answer Key||To Be Announced|
|Result Date||Jul 7 - 9, 2022 (tentative)|
JEE Main 2022 Session 2 Results
JEE Main Session II results will be declared on the official website soon after the exam is conducted. Results of Session 2 will include those of B.Arch, and B.Plan. The order of events will be as follows,
- JEE Main 2022 Phase 2 Exam
- Release of Provisional Answer Key
- Release of Final Answer Key
Details of each of the above events will be updated as and when available. The following table provides details on the same:
|Phase 2 Exam||Jul 21, 2022-Jul 30, 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||To Be Announced|
|Result Date||To Be Announced|
JEE Main Paper 1 Results 2022 (B.Tech)
B.Tech results for both Session 1 and Session 2 will be released separately. These results will include the aggregate scores of the following three subjects:
- Physics, and
Results will be announced soon after the exam is conducted. The dates of JEE Main phase 1 exam are Jun 23, 2022-Jun 29, 2022, and those of JEE Main Phase 2 are Jul 21, 2022-Jul 30, 2022. The answer key will be released before the results are out. More details will be made available as soon as they are released.
|B.Tech Results Session 1||Jul 7-9, 2022 (tentative)|
|B.Tech Results Session 2||To Be Announced|
JEE Main Paper 2 Results 2022 (B.Arch & B.Plan)
B.Arch and B.Plan results for Phase 1 and phase 2 exams will be released individually once the exam is conducted. The results for papers 2A and 2B will be announced on the dates mentioned below:
|B.Arch Result Session 1||Jul 7-9, 2022 (tentative)|
|B.Plan Result Session 1||Jul 7-9, 2022 (tentative)|
|B.Arch Result Session 2||To Be Announced|
|B.Plan Result Session 2||To Be Announced|
What is JEE Main 2022 Final Result?
The final result of JEE Main 2022 will be declared after both sessions have been conducted. JEE Main result will contain all the information about the candidates, such as AIR, Cut Off, etc. Some of the details contained JEE Main Results are as follows:
- Total scores obtained
- The best out of both the sessions
- All India Rank (AIR) scored in JEE Main 2022
- Candidate’s Category
- JEE Advanced 2022 cutoff
JEE Main Result Statistics
Mentioned below are the result statistics of JEE Main 2021.
- A total of 10,48,012 candidates registered in JEE Main 2021, out of which only 9,39,008 candidates appeared for the examination.
- 100 percentile was scored by a total of 44 candidates, out of which only 18 candidates scored AIR -1.
- Among the 18 candidates who scored AIR-1, 2 candidates were female.
- JEE Main qualifying cut off for 2021 was lower as compared to 2020. The JEE Main 2022 cut off was 87.8992241, 66.2214845, and 68.0234447 for the General, EWS, and OBC categories, respectively.
- 3 candidates secured a 100 percentile in B.Arch (Paper 2A), while only 2 scored a 100 percentile in B.Plan (Paper 2B).
JEE Main 2022 Result Key Components
Key components of JEE Main 2022 Result are mentioned in the table below.
|Important Changes for JEE Main 2022 Results||
|Contents of Scorecard||The result/scorecard will indicate the total marks obtained, All India Rank (AIR), state rank, category-wise rank (if applicable), cut off, and eligibility for JEE Advanced 2022.|
|JEE Main 2022 scorecard must be downloaded and printed for further use. It will be required for the counselling procedure and should be retained until the admissions are done.|
|OMR Sheets||Candidates will be able to view the OMR sheets after the results are declared.|
|Paper I (300 Marks)||
Each right answer fetches 4 marks and each wrong answer results in the loss of 1 mark
|Paper-II (400 Marks)|
Details Present on JEE Main 2022 Scorecard
JEE Main scorecard 2022 shall contain the below-mentioned details. The candidates must check and make sure that all the fields are error-free, in their respective JEE Main 2022 results.
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- State code of eligibility
- Marks obtained in each subject
- Total marks obtained
- Category Rank
- All India Rank
- Qualifying status
- The cut off to appear for JEE Advanced 2022
NTA JEE Main 2022 Normalization Process
The detailed normalization process involves the preparation of the following list for all the sessions of JEE main 2022.
- Step 1: Percentile calculation (to 7 decimal places) is done to reduce the chances of a tie.
- Step 2: A final merit list is prepared based on these scores.
- Step 3: A final list of students is compiled, in which only the best score attained in an academic year is considered.
- Step 4: Seat allotment is done accordingly.
The students are advised to attempt more than one session and try to clear the exam with their best score on the first attempt itself.
JEE Main Result Previous Year Trends
Mentioned below are the previous years' JEE Main result trends for the reference of the candidates.
|Session||Result Date||Result Time|
|2021 Session 4||September 15, 2021||1:35 PM|
|2021 Session 3||August 6, 2021||8:10 PM|
|2021 March||March 24, 2021||10:00 PM|
|2021 February Paper 2||March 18, 2021||5:00 PM|
|2021 February Paper 1||March 8, 2021||8:46 PM|
|2020 September||September 11, 2020||10.40 PM|
|2020 January||January 17, 2020||12 Noon|
|April 2019||April 29, 2019||6.19 PM|
|January 2019||January 19, 2019||11.30 AM|
JEE Main 2022 Rank List
JEE Main 2022 rank list will be released after announcing the result for session 3. The candidate's percentile score will be considered while preparing the merit list. If a candidate has appeared for the exam more than once in the same academic session, the best score out of all will be considered.
Formula to Calculate JEE Main 2022 Raw Score
The formula to calculate the raw score is given below,
JEE Main 2022 Raw Score= (Total Number of Correct Responses x 4) - Total Number of Incorrect Responses
NTA will derive the normalized scores and release JEE Main Rank List 2022.
Formula to Calculate JEE Main 2022 Percentile Score
The following formula is employed to calculate the percentile score in JEE Main 2022.
JEE Main 2022 Percentile Score= (Total Number of Students who Attained the Same marks as the candidate in the same session) x 100 / (Total no. of candidates who appeared in that session).
What is NTA JEE Main Percentile Score?
JEE Main percentile score is calculated based on the relative performance of all the candidates who appeared in the examination. The authorities calculate the score after changing it into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 with respect to each session of JEE Main conducted.
Difference Between Percentage and Percentile
|The percentage is the marks scored by a candidate out of 100||
The percentile score obtained by a candidate shows the number of candidates that have scored below the score in the examination.
JEE Main 2021 Result Toppers
Candidates can find a list of some of JEE Main result 2022 toppers, who scored 100 percentile given below.
|Name of the candidate||State|
|Ranjit Prasad Das||Delhi|
|Ananth Krishna Kidambi||Gujarat|
JEE Main 2022 Tie-Breaker Rule
As mentioned earlier, if the tie persists after applying the existing rules, the age of the candidates will be considered and the older candidate will be given the chance. If this does not break the tie, the candidate who applied for JEE Main 2022 exam first will be considered for the admission process.
JEE Main 2022 Tie-Breakers for B.Tech
Several lakhs of students attempt JEE Main 2022 exam every year. The situation of the tie is not uncommon. In case of a tie, i.e., when two or more candidates obtain equal marks, the inter-merit of such candidates shall be decided in the order mentioned below.
- Resolution of Marks Obtained in Mathematics: The candidate obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Marks Obtained in Physics: The candidate obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Marks Obtained in Chemistry: The candidate obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Resolution by Finding the Ratio of Positive Marks and Negative Marks: Candidates with a higher absolute ratio value will be given a better rank. If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.
- Resolution of Incorrect Answers in Mathematics: The candidate with lower incorrect answers will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Incorrect Answers in Physics: The candidate with lower incorrect answers will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Incorrect Answers in Chemistry: The candidate with lower incorrect answers will be given a better rank.
- Resolution by Finding the Ratio of Positive and Negative Marks: Candidates with a higher absolute ratio value will be given a better rank. If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.
- Age Criteria: The older candidate will be given a higher rank.
- Application Number: The candidate who applied for the exam first will be given a better rank.
JEE Main 2022 Tie-Breakers for B.Arch & B.Planning Programs
The further tie-breakers for JEE Main 2022 B.Arch and B.Planning programs are listed below.
- Resolution by Marks Obtained in Aptitude Test in Paper 2A: Candidates obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Marks Obtained in Drawing Test in Paper 2B: Candidates obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
JEE Main 2022 Marks vs Percentile
Given below is a table containing the range of marks and the probable percentile a candidate may attain, on the attainment of those marks.
JEE Main 2021 Marks vs Percentile vs Rank
|300-281||100 - 99.99989145||1 - 20|
|271 - 280||99.994681 - 99.997394||80 - 24|
|263 - 270||99.990990 - 99.994029||83 - 55|
|250 - 262||99.977205 - 99.988819||210 - 85|
|241 - 250||99.960163 - 99.975034||367 - 215|
|231 - 240||99.934980 - 99.956364||599 - 375|
|221 - 230||99.901113 - 99.928901||911 - 610|
|211 - 220||99.851616 - 99.893732||1367 - 920|
|201 - 210||99.795063 - 99.845212||1888 - 1375|
|191 - 200||99.710831 - 99.782472||2664 - 1900|
|181 - 190||99.597399 - 99.688579||3710 - 2700|
|171 - 180||99.456939 - 99.573193||5003- 3800|
|161 - 170||99.272084 - 99.431214||6706 - 5100|
|151 - 160||99.028614 - 99.239737||8949 - 6800|
|141 - 150||98.732389 - 98.990296||11678 - 9000|
|131 - 140||98.317414 - 98.666935||15501 - 11800|
|121 - 130||97.811260 - 98.254132||20164 - 15700|
|111 - 120||97.142937 - 97.685672||26321 - 20500|
|101 - 110||96.204550 - 96.978272||34966 - 26500|
|91 - 100||94.998594 - 96.064850||46076 - 35000|
|81 - 90||93.471231 - 94.749479||60147 - 46500|
|71 - 80||91.072128 - 93.152971||82249 - 61000|
|61 - 70||87.512225 - 90.702200||115045 - 83000|
|51 - 60||82.016062 - 86.907944||165679 - 117000|
|41 - 50||73.287808 - 80.982153||246089 - 166000|
|31 - 40||58.151490 - 71.302052||385534 - 264383|
JEE Main 2022 Expected Cut Off
The marks obtained in an individual subject and the total marks obtained in JEE Main 2022 will also be displayed. The eligibility/cut off scores for JEE Advanced will be displayed as per the category.
- The JEE Main 2022 scorecard will not be sent via post/email/SMS to the candidate. It can be only accessed online. Candidates will have to download the JEE Main 2022 scorecard from the JEE Main 2022 official website to be allowed to participate in the JEE Main 2022 counselling.
- The conducting authority NTA will also release JEE Main Rank list for B.Tech admissions.
- The JEE Main 2022 scorecard will have the All India Rank, category-wise rank, total marks obtained, the candidate’s name, and roll number.
The category-wise JEE Main 2022 expected cut off is listed below.
|Category||Expected Cut Off|
|Unreserved Category (UR)||90-95|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||50-55|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||35-40|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||67-75|
|Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||67-75|
|People with Disabilities (PwD)||0-2|
Note: The data we have mentioned for cut off keeps changing every year. Hence, candidates must also check the JEE Main 2022 official website for first-hand information.
JEE Main 2022 Answer Key
After each phase, NTA will release JEE Main 2022 answer keys and question papers attempted by the candidate on NTA's website.
- Visit the official website, and using "JEE Main Login", candidates will be able to check JEE Main 2022 Answer Keys once the same has been released.
- The time and date to challenge answer keys will be notified after the answer keys have been released. The payment for the process mentioned above can be made using a credit card, debit card, net banking, or any UPI.
- The challenge fee, once paid, will not be refunded. NTA's decision on the challenges will be final, and no further communication will be entertained; once subject experts examine all the challenges received, a final answer key will be displayed and declared.
JEE Main Previous Year Cut Off
The JEE Main 2022 cut off for the previous year is below given for reference -
JEE Main Qualifying Cut off 2021
|Category||Minimum %||Maximum %|
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
|Economically Weaker Sections||70.24355|
What After JEE Main 2022 Result?
After JEE Main 2022 results are declared, the qualified candidates will be able to take part in the admission procedure of NITs, IITs, GFTIs, and IITs.
Admission to IITs with JEE Advanced 2022 Score
Candidates who will score in the top 2,50,000 in the JEE Main exam will be able to apply for JEE Advanced 2022, and the seat allocation will be done by JoSAA. Candidates who want to apply for the B.Arch course at IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, and IIT Varanasi will have to appear for AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) 2022.
JEE Main 2022 Counselling
Candidates are recommended to go through the points below to know more about JEE Main 2022 Counselling.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will administrate JEE Main Counselling and seat allotment.
- The counselling for supernumerary seats in the technical institutes of the North East region and Union Territories will be administered by CSAB NEUT.
- Central Seat Allocation Board will administrate the counselling for 17 Self Financing Technical Institutes (STIs).
- A maximum of six rounds of counselling will be conducted.
- The qualified candidates will be called for the counselling rounds in order of rank obtained in JEE Main 2022 Rank list.
- 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) will participate in the counselling.
JEE Main Participating Institutes
|Institute Name||Total No. of Seats|
|Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)||16053|
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)||223506|
|Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)||5643|
|Government-funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)||5620|
JEE Main 2022 Seat Allotment
You will be granted admission to a college based on category, AIR in JEE Main 2022 rank list, reservation norms, choice filling, and vacancies. You will get the seat allotment letter via SMS/E-mail from JoSAA a few days after filling out your choice. Here is a seat matrix for the participating institutes.
|Category||Total Seats Offered||IITs Seat Intake||GFTIs Seat Intake||IIITs Seat Intake||NITs Seat Intake|
Top B.Tech Colleges as per NIRF 2021 Ranking
Following is the list of Top Engineering colleges as per NIRF 2021 ranking:
When will JEE Main result 2022 be declared?
Results will be declared shortly after the exam is conducted.
Can I re-evaluate JEE Main result?
NTA does not conduct re-evaluation or re-checking of results.
What is CRL in JEE Main Result?
The Common Rank List (CRL) indicates the ranks of qualified candidates in JEE Main.
Can I check JEE Main result by name?
No, candidates are required to check their results using their application number.
What is a good rank in JEE Main?
250+ is considered to be a good score in JEE Mains.