JEE Main result 2023 session 2 will likely be released in May 2023, by NTA. JEE Main result download 2023 link will be activated at jeemain.nta.nic.in. In addition, NTA has withheld scores of about 50 candidates under scrutiny. The agency stated that the NTA scores for these candidates would be issued after the panel finalises the report.
JEE Main Latest Notifications
- Mar 20, 2023: JEE Main Admit Card 2023 Session 2 is expected to be released soon on the official website.
- Mar 19, 2023: JEE Main 2023 75% eligibility criteria issue hearing at Bombay High Court scheduled on Apr 6, 2023. Read More
NTA JEE Main had re-introduced age criteria in the previous academic year, which will be one of the main rules in JEE Main 2023, along with JEE Main application number in ascending order as another criterion. If none of the other rules helps break the tie, the age criteria and application number will be considered in JEE Main 2023.
|JEE Main Mark Vs Rank||JEE Main Counselling 2023|
Table of Contents
- JEE Main Result 2023 Dates
- How to Check JEE Main Result Online?
- IIT JEE Main Result Date and Time
- JEE Main Result 2023 Overview
- JEE Main Result 2023 Highlights
- Details Present on JEE Main 2023 Scorecard
- What is JEE Main 2023 Final Result?
- JEE Main 2023 Result Key Components
- NTA JEE Main 2023 Normalization Process
- JEE Main Result Previous Year Trends
- JEE Main 2023 Rank List
- JEE Main 2023 Tie Breaker Rule
- JEE Main 2023 Marks vs Percentile
- What after IIT JEE Main 2023 Result?
JEE Main Result 2023 Dates
JEE Main 2023 exam is scheduled to be conducted from Apr 6 - 12, 2023. JEE Main result 2023 for session 2 is expected to be declared in May 2023, on the official website of NTA.
JEE Mains B.Arch result 2023 for Session 1 was released on Feb 28, 2023, and IIT JEE Main result for Session 1 Paper 1 exam was announced on Feb 6, 2023. The results of JEE Mains 2023 can be downloaded by candidates from the official website, jeemain.nta.nic.in or ntaresults.nic.in
To view the JEE Main result 2023, students need their application number, date of birth, and password. The top 2,50,000 qualifiers from the JEE Main 2023 results will be allowed to take the JEE Advanced 2023 exam.
Each session's IIT JEE Main 2023 results will be made available individually by NTA. After considering all the difficulties, the authorities will declare the JEE Main results 2023 for both sessions. Candidates can view the JEE Main 2023 toppers list and the NTA JEE Main result date for 2023.
How to Check JEE Main Result Online?
To check JEE Main exam result 2023, a candidate must visit the official website. JEE Main 2023 result viewing portal will appear similar to the image presented below. NTA JEE Main result 2023 by roll number and DOB (mm/dd/yyyy) and access JEE Main exam results.
Steps to Check JEE Main 2023 Result and Download Scorecard
The following are the steps to check and download JEE Main Results 2023.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of NTA JEE Main 2023.
- Step 2: Please navigate to 'JEE Main 2023 Results' option and click on it.
- Step 3: Enter NTA JEE Main result 2023 application number and date of birth on the login page.
- Step 4: Verify and submit the details to access NTA JEE Main Result 2023.
- Step 5: Save and download the scorecard for further reference.
|Events||Direct Link to View JEE Main 2023 results|
|JEE Main Session 1 Result 2023 for BE and B.Tech Paper||Click Here|
|JEE Main Session 1 Result 2023 for B.Arch and B.Plan Paper||Click Here|
When are JEE Main results 2023 declared for Session 1 and Session 2?
JEE Main B.Arch result 2023 has been declared on Feb 28, 2023, while BE/B.Tech results 2023 for was announced on Feb 6, 2023. JEE Main 2023 final answer key was released by the exam authorities on Feb 5, 2023. JEE Main result 2023 download links will be activated.
|Release of Provisional Answer Key Session 1||Feb 3, 2023|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key Session 2||Apr 2023|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 1 Results Date||
|JEE Main 2023 Session 2 Results Date||May 2023|
IIT JEE Main Result date and time 2023 for Session 1
JEE Main Session 1 will include Maths, Physics, and Chemistry results and the total in B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan. The following table provides insights into NTA JEE Main result date for 2023. JEE Main result 2023 Session 1 download link will be activated.
|JEE Main Session 1 Exam||Jan 24, 25, 28 (2nd shift only), 29, 30, 3,1 and Feb 1 2023.|
|JEE Main Result Date||
|Colleges for 90 to 80 Percentile in JEE Mains||Colleges for 60 to 70 percentile in JEE Mains|
IIT JEE Main Result date and time 2023 for Session 2
When JEE Mains result declared 2023 for Session 2 on the NTA JEE Main 2023 official website soon after JEE Main exam 2023 session 2 is conducted. JEE Main result 2023 Session 2 download link will be activated. JEE B.Arch result 2023 will be released separately after results for B.Tech/BE is released.
The below IIT JEE Main result date and time 2023 will be updated as and when available. The following table provides details on the IIT JEE Main result date and time 2023:
|JEE Main Session 2 Exam||Apr 6 - Apr 12, 2023|
|Release of JEE Main Answer Key||Apr 2023|
|JEE Main Result Date||May 2023|
IIT JEE Main Result Date and Time
The NTA is yet to release JEE Main result date 2023 for session 2. Candidates can view the tentative schedule of all the significant IIT JEE Main result dates and time 2023.
Previous year Attempts
JEE Main Result Date
JEE Main Result Time
JEE Main session 1 result time for 2022 session 2
Aug 8, 2022
JEE Main result time for 2022 session 1
Jul 11, 2022
NTA JEE Main result date and time 2021 - Session 4
Sep 15, 2021
IIT JEE Main result date and time 2021 - Session 3
Aug 6, 2021
JEE Main result time 2021 Session 2
Mar 24, 2021
JEE Main exam result time Session 1
Mar 8, 2021
People are also interested in:
JEE Main Result 2023 Overview
NTA releases JEE Main exam result 2023 via jeemain.nta.nic.in/ntaresults.nic.in for each JEE Main 2023 session separately. Candidates can enroll in various NITs, GFTIs, and other JEE Main participating institutions based on NTA JEE Main 2023 result by roll number.
A scorecard with information on the candidate's normalised percentile scores in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and the aggregate percentile score across all three subjects will be released as the JEE Mains result 2023. JEE Main session 2 results Apr 2023 exam exam will be released along with the All India Rank and JEE Main Cut off 2023 for JEE Advanced 2023. For admission to IITs, candidates who will score higher than the cutoff score are eligible to sit for the JEE Advanced 2023 exam. JEE Main result 2023 download links will be activated soon.
For the dates and times of IIT JEE Main result date and time 2023, please see the table provided:
JEE Main 2023 Result Date
JEE Main 2023 Result date
Session 1- Feb 6, 2023 (Paper 1)
Feb 28, 2023 (Paper 2)
Session 2- May 2023
NTA JEE Main Result Link
JEE Main Exam Conducting Authority
National Testing Agency (NTA)
JEE Main Result 2023 Declaration Mode
No of 100 percentile scorers in NTA JEE Main exam (Previous Year)
JEE Main Paper 1 Results 2023 (B.Tech)
JEE Main 2023 B.Tech results for both Session 1 and Session 2 will be released separately. JEE Main results 2023 will include the aggregate scores of the following three subjects:
More details will be made available as soon as JEE Main exam result 2023 are released.
|B.Tech Results Session 1||
|B.Tech Results Session 2||May 2023|
JEE Main Paper 2 Results 2023 (B.Arch & B.Plan)
JEE Main 2023 B.Arch and B.Plan results for Session 1 and JEE Main exam result 2023 for session 2 will be released individually. NTA JEE Main results 2023 for JEE Main papers 2A and 2B will be announced on the dates mentioned below:
|JEE Main B.Arch Result Session 1||Feb 28, 2023|
|JEE Main B.Plan Result Session 1||Feb 28, 2023|
|JEE Main B.Arch Result Session 2||May 2023|
|JEE Main B.Plan Result Session 2||May 2023|
JEE Main Result 2023 Highlights
Candidates can check their JEE Main result 2023 by logging in and using their JEE Main 2023 application number and date of birth or password. Since the JEE Main 2023 exam will be conducted in various shifts, the raw marks will be converted into percentile scores using the normalization process, which NTA will carry out after JEE Main 2023 Session 2 result.
To view and access IIT JEE Main 2023 results, the candidates must visit the official NTA JEE Main 2023 website and enter their roll no. and date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy). JEE Main exam result 2023 will be given as a scorecard with all the details, including the category-wise cut off marks.
- JEE Main result 2023 will also show whether the candidate has qualified for the next level, i.e., JEE Advanced or not.
- The all-India rank will be used for admission through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) and/ or Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFIs, and other institutes.
- Candidate should have scored a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in class 12 or be in the top 20% in the 12th board exam to qualify for admission to IITs/ NITs/ IIITs or CFTIs. Class 12 marks are not considered while calculating the normalized scores.
- The merit list for admission under DASA category will be prepared separately by NTA based on rank obtained in JEE Main 2023.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will be responsible for JEE Main 2023 and JEE Advanced 2023 counselling processes.
- Evaluation of multiple-choice questions of B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Planning will be carried out using final JEE answer keys, and the marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of the result of JEE Main 2023.
|Event||JEE Main exam result 2023 Link|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 1 BE/B.Tech Result||Click Here|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 1 B.Arch/B.Plan Result||Click Here|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 2 BE/B.Tech Result||To be Conducted|
|JEE Main 2023 Session 2 B.Arch/B.Plan Result||To be Conducted|
Re-evaluation of JEE Main Result 2023
NTA JEE Main 2023 result will be compiled based on the declared JEE Main final answer key 2023. Students cannot raise any objections to the NTA score in JEE Main 2023 result candidates have obtained, as the marks published on the scorecard is final. No requests for revaluation of JEE Main exam result 2023 will be entertained.
Details Present on JEE Main 2023 Scorecard
JEE Main scorecard 2023 shall contain the below-mentioned details. The candidates must check and make sure that all the fields are error-free, in their respective IIT JEE Main 2023 results.
- Name of the Candidate
- NTA JEE Main result 2023 Roll Number
- Date of birth
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- State code of eligibility
- Marks obtained in each subject
- Total marks obtained
- Category Rank
- All India Rank
- Qualifying status
- JEE Main cut off to appear for JEE Advanced 2023
Browse Top Engineering Colleges Accepting JEE Main Score: Location-Wise
What is JEE Main 2023 Final Result?
The final result of NTA JEE Main 2023 will be declared after both sessions have been conducted. NTA JEE Main result 2023 will contain all the information about the candidates, such as AIR, Cut Off, etc. Some of the details contained JEE Main Results 2023 are as follows:
- Total scores obtained
- The best out of both the sessions
- All India Rank (AIR) scored in JEE Main 2023
- Candidate’s Category
- JEE Advanced 2023 cut off
JEE Main 2023 Score and Result Important Points
All the candidates must download their score/rank cards from JEE Main official website. Scoreof JEE Main 2023 will have the actual marks obtained in Paper-I of NTA JEE Main 2023 and the status of those who qualify to appear for JEE (Advanced) – 2023 provided. The rank shall have a separate All India Rank(AIR) and All India category rank.
Note: Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through the Central Seat Allocation Board to NITs/IIITs/CFTIs/SFIs/Others, while other ranks are just for information purposes.
JEE Main 2023 Result Key Components
Key components of IIT JEE Main 2023 Result are mentioned in the table below.
|Important Changes for JEE Main 2023 Results||
|Contents of Scorecard||NTA JEE Main result/scorecard will indicate the total marks obtained, All India Rank (AIR), state rank, category-wise rank (if applicable), cut off, and eligibility for JEE Advanced 2023.|
|NTA JEE Main 2023 scorecard must be downloaded and printed for further use. It will be required for the counselling procedure and should be retained until the admissions are done.|
|OMR Sheets||Candidates will be able to view the OMR sheets after NTA JEE Main 2023 results are declared.|
|Paper I (300 Marks)||
Each right answer fetches 4 marks and each wrong answer results in the loss of 1 mark
|Paper-II (400 Marks)|
NTA JEE Main 2023 Normalization Process
The detailed normalization process involves the preparation of the following list for all the sessions of JEE main 2023.
- Step 1: Percentile calculation (to 7 decimal places) is done to reduce the chances of a tie.
- Step 2: A final merit list is prepared based on these scores.
- Step 3: A final list of students is compiled, in which only the NTA score in JEE Main 2023 result attained in an academic year is considered.
- Step 4: Seat allotment is done accordingly.
The students are advised to attempt more than one session and try to clear NTA JEE Main exam with their best NTA score in JEE Main 2023 result on the first attempt itself.
JEE Main Result Previous Year's Trends
Mentioned below are the previous years' NTA JEE Main result trends for the reference of the candidates.
|Session||Result Date||Result Time|
|2021 Session 4||Sep 15, 2021||1:35 PM|
|2021 Session 3||Aug 6, 2021||8:10 PM|
|2021 Mar||Mar 24, 2021||10:00 PM|
|2021 Feb Paper 2||Mar 18, 2021||5:00 PM|
|2021 Feb Paper 1||Mar 8, 2021||8:46 PM|
|2020 Sep||Sep 11, 2020||10.40 PM|
|2020 Jan||Jan 17, 2020||12 Noon|
|Apr 2019||Apr 29, 2019||6.19 PM|
|Jan 2019||Jan 19, 2019||11.30 AM|
JEE Main 2023 Rank List
JEE Main 2023 rank list will be released after announcing JEE Main result for session 3. The candidate's percentile NTA score in JEE Main 2023 result will be considered while preparing the merit list. If a candidate has appeared for NTA JEE Main 2023 exam more than once in the same academic session, the best score of JEE Main 2023 out of all will be considered.
Formula to Calculate JEE Main 2023 Raw Score
The formula to calculate NTA JEE Main raw score is given below,
JEE Main 2023 Raw Score= (Total Number of Correct Responses x 4) - Total Number of Incorrect Responses
NTA will derive the normalized scores and release JEE Main Rank List 2023.
Formula to Calculate JEE Main 2023 Percentile Score
The following formula calculates the percentile score in NTA JEE Main 2023.
JEE Main 2023 Percentile Score= (Total Number of Students who Attained the Same marks as the candidate in the same session) x 100 / (Total no. of candidates who appeared in that session).
What is NTA JEE Main Percentile Score?
JEE Main percentile score is calculated based on the relative performance of all the candidates who appeared in NTA JEE Main examination. The authorities calculate NTA score in JEE Main 2023 result after changing it into a scale ranging from 100 to 0 concerning each session of JEE Main conducted.
Difference Between Percentage and Percentile
|The percentage is the marks scored by a candidate out of 100||
The percentile JEE Main score obtained by a candidate shows the number of candidates that have scored below the score in the JEE Main examination.
JEE Main 2023 Tie-Breaker Rule
As mentioned earlier, if the tie persists after applying the existing rules, the age of the candidates will be considered and the older candidate will be given the chance. If this does not break the tie, the candidate who applied for JEE Main 2023 exam first will be considered for the admission process.
JEE Main 2023 Tie-Breakers for B.Tech
Several lakhs of students attempt JEE Main 2023 exam every year. Hence, the situation of the tie is common. In case of a tie, i.e., when two or more candidates obtain equal marks, the inter-merit of such candidates shall be decided in the order mentioned below.
- Resolution of Marks Obtained in Mathematics: The candidate obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Explanation of Marks Obtained in Physics: The candidate obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Marks Obtained in Chemistry: The candidate obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Resolution by Finding the Ratio of Positive Marks and Negative Marks: Candidates with a higher absolute ratio value will be given a better rank. If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates will be given the same rank.
- Resolution of Incorrect Answers in Mathematics: The candidate with lower incorrect answers will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Incorrect Answers in Physics: The candidate with lower incorrect answers will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Incorrect Answers in Chemistry: The candidate with lower incorrect answers will be given a better rank.
- Resolution by Finding the Ratio of Positive and Negative Marks: Candidates with a higher absolute ratio value will be given a better rank. Candidates will be given the same rank if the explanation is not possible after this criterion.
- Age Criteria: The older candidate will be given a higher rank.
- Application Number: The candidate who applied for the exam first will be given a better rank.
JEE Main 2023 Tie-Breakers for B.Arch & B.Planning Programs
The further tie-breakers for JEE Main 2023 B.Arch and B.Planning programs are listed below.
- Resolution by Marks Obtained in Aptitude Test in Paper 2A: Candidates obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
- Resolution of Marks Obtained in Drawing Test in Paper 2B: Candidates obtaining higher marks will be given a better rank.
JEE Main Result 2023 - Re-Evaluation/Re-Checking
Any request for a re-evaluation or re-check of the NTA JEE Main result 2023 will not be entertained by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The results of JEE Main 2023 will be used to determine candidates' final scores.
JEE Main Result by Name
JEE Main result by name cannot be checked using NTA's system. Candidates must use their NTA JEE Main result 2023 by roll number, date of birth, and password to get their NTA IIT JEE Main result.
JEE Main 2023 Marks vs Percentile
Given below is a table containing the range of marks and the probable percentile a candidate may attain on the attainment of those marks.
|300-281||100 - 99.99989145||1 - 20|
|271 - 280||99.994681 - 99.997394||80 - 24|
|263 - 270||99.990990 - 99.994029||83 - 55|
|250 - 262||99.977205 - 99.988819||210 - 85|
|241 - 250||99.960163 - 99.975034||367 - 215|
|231 - 240||99.934980 - 99.956364||599 - 375|
|221 - 230||99.901113 - 99.928901||911 - 610|
|211 - 220||99.851616 - 99.893732||1367 - 920|
|201 - 210||99.795063 - 99.845212||1888 - 1375|
|191 - 200||99.710831 - 99.782472||2664 - 1900|
|181 - 190||99.597399 - 99.688579||3710 - 2700|
|171 - 180||99.456939 - 99.573193||5003- 3800|
|161 - 170||99.272084 - 99.431214||6706 - 5100|
|151 - 160||99.028614 - 99.239737||8949 - 6800|
|141 - 150||98.732389 - 98.990296||11678 - 9000|
|131 - 140||98.317414 - 98.666935||15501 - 11800|
|121 - 130||97.811260 - 98.254132||20164 - 15700|
|111 - 120||97.142937 - 97.685672||26321 - 20500|
|101 - 110||96.204550 - 96.978272||34966 - 26500|
|91 - 100||94.998594 - 96.064850||46076 - 35000|
|81 - 90||93.471231 - 94.749479||60147 - 46500|
|71 - 80||91.072128 - 93.152971||82249 - 61000|
|61 - 70||87.512225 - 90.702200||115045 - 83000|
|51 - 60||82.016062 - 86.907944||165679 - 117000|
|41 - 50||73.287808 - 80.982153||246089 - 166000|
|31 - 40||58.151490 - 71.302052||385534 - 264383|
What After IIT JEE Main 2023 Result?
After JEE Main 2023 results are declared, the qualified candidates can take part in the admission procedure of NITs, IITs, GFTIs, and IITs.
Admission to IITs with JEE Advanced 2023 Score
Candidates who will score in the top 2,50,000 in the JEE Main exam will be able to apply for JEE Advanced 2023, and JoSAA will do the seat allocation. However, candidates who want to use the B.Arch course at IIT Kharagpur, IIT Roorkee, and IIT Varanasi will have to appear for AAT (Architecture Aptitude Test) 2023.
JEE Main 2023 Counselling
Candidates should review the points below to learn more about JEE Main 2023 Counselling.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will administrate JEE Main Counselling and seat allotment.
- NTA JEE Main counselling for supernumerary seats in the technical institutes of the North East region and Union Territories will be administered by CSAB NEUT.
- Central Seat Allocation Board will administrate the counselling for 17 Self Financing Technical Institutes (STIs).
- A maximum of six rounds of counselling will be conducted.
- The qualified candidates will be called for the JoSAA counselling rounds in order of rank obtained in JEE Main 2023 Rank list.
- 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs, and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs) will participate in JEE Main counselling by JoSAA.
JEE Main Participating Institutes
|Institute Name||Total No. of Seats|
|Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)||16053|
|National Institutes of Technology (NITs)||223506|
|Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)||5643|
|Government-funded Technical Institutes (GFTIs)||5620|
JEE Main 2023 Seat Allotment
You will be granted admission to a college based on category, AIR in JEE Main 2023 rank list, reservation norms, choice filling, and vacancies. You will get the seat allotment letter via SMS/E-mail from JoSAA a few days after filling out your choice. Here is JEE Mains seat matrix for the participating institutes.
|Category||Total Seats Offered||IITs Seat Intake||GFTIs Seat Intake||IIITs Seat Intake||NITs Seat Intake|
When will JEE Main result 2023 be declared?
JEE Main 2023 Session 1 result was declared on Feb 6, 2023, by NTA after conducting the exam.
Can I re-evaluate JEE Main result?
NTA does not conduct re-evaluation or re-checking of results.
What is CRL in JEE Main Result?
The Common Rank List (CRL) indicates the ranks of qualified candidates in JEE Main.
Can I check JEE Main result by name?
No, candidates are required to check their results using their application number.
What is a good rank in JEE Main?
250+ is considered to be a good score in JEE Mains.
Are JEE Mains 2023 result out?
The National Testing Agency (NTA) declared the JEE Main 2023 result on the official website on Feb 6, 2023.