DCECE is a state-level entrance examination for admission into various Polytechnic courses in the state of Bihar. This state-level entrance examination is held for candidates to get admission into Undergraduate Pharmacy, Health Science and Agriculture courses in the state of Bihar. Go through the tips and tricks to clear the Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam given below to crack the exam.
- July 5, 2020: The Application Correction window for DCECE 2020 is open. The form correction window closes on July 8, 2020. Correct your application forms now, if there are any mistakes to be corrected or updates to be made.
The last date to apply for the DCECE 2020 has been extended to July 2, 2020. The exam that was to be conducted on May 9, 2020 has been postponed. The revised exam dates will be announced soon. Read more about the extension of the last date to apply on our news section.
- What is Bihar Polytechnic DCECE?
- DCECE 2020 Exam Date
- DCECE 2020 Eligibility
- DCECE 2020 Application Process
- DCECE 2020 Application Form Released
- DCECE 2020 Syllabus
- DCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
- DCECE 2020 Admit Card
- DCECE Preparation Tips
- DCECE 2020 Exam Centres
- DCECE 2020 Result
- DCECE 2020 Merit List
- DCECE 2020 Counselling
- DCECE 2020 Cut off
- DCECE Reference Books
- Contact Details
What is the Bihar Polytechnic DCECE Entrance Exam?
The Bihar Polytechnic entrance exam is also known as DCECE. The full form of DCECE is Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination.
Conducting Authority: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) has all authority to Bihar Polytechnic 2020 Entrance Exam.
- Courses Offered: It offers courses like Polytechnic Engineering (PE), Part-time Polytechnic Engineering (PPE), Para-Medical-Dental (PMD Matric Level) and Para Medical (PM Intermediate Level).
- Level: Bihar Polytechnic 2020 (DCECE 2020) is a state-level exam conducted for the candidates living in the state of Bihar.
- Frequency: The DCECE is held once in a year across many cities in Bihar, India.
Bihar Polytechnic DCECE 2020 Exam Dates
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) has announced the schedule of Bihar Polytechnic 2020.
|Registration||From March 18, 2020 to July 2, 2020|
|Admit Card||To be announced|
|Counselling - Round 1|
|Counselling - Round 2|
|Counselling - Final Round|
|Commencement of Classes|
Note: It is up to the authority to decide on the dates of the exam and the other schedule of the admission process. The committee will not entertain requests from the candidate's side. They also reserve the right to change the Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam Dates in case of emergencies or whenever it is required.
DCECE 2020 Eligibility
Domicile – A candidate can register for this exam only if,
- The parent is a permanent resident of Bihar
- Parent enjoys refugee status in the state
- The parent is employed with Bihar government
- The parent is employed with the central government in Bihar
- Parent works with the UN and is currently posted in the state
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility for PE
Academic Qualification: Candidates should have passed Class X conducted by the Bihar Board or an equivalent. The candidates should have secured at least 35% marks. Candidates who are appearing for the final exams of Class X are also eligible to apply.
Age Limit: There is no particular age limit for the candidates to be eligible for Bihar Polytechnic 2020.
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility for PEE
Academic Qualification: Candidates must have cleared Class X exam or an equivalent and also hold a two-year ITI certificate.
Age Limit: Candidates have to be 18 years of age as on July 1, 2020.
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 Eligibility for PMD
Academic Qualification: The candidate should have passed Class X or an equivalent exam with Science and English as compulsory subjects.
Age Limit: The candidate should be between 15 and 30 years of age.
DCECE 2020 Application Process
- Visit the official website of DCECE 2020.
- Check for 'Click here to Apply' and click on it.
- Fill in the basic information such as name, date of birth, contact number, registered email address.
- Click on the 'DCECE 2020 Application Form'
- Information such as Candidate's Name, Parents' Name, Nationality, Date of Birth, Course Applied for, Gender, Qualifying Examination, Residential Address, Permanent Address, Registered phone number etc. should be entered in the DCECE 2020 Application Form.
- It is important to note that the email address and the phone number should be valid. It must belong to the candidate since most of the communication happens through the registered contact information.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature in the Bihar Polytechnic 2020 Application Form.
- The photograph should be a recent one and clear. Candidates are not supposed to wear sunglasses, caps, or any other accessories that will cover up the face.
- The photograph and signature should be in the specified format, dimension, and file size.
Payment of Application Fee
- After filling in the necessary information and uploading the documents, candidates can pay the application fee online as well as offline.
- For online payment, candidates can use Net Banking, or Credit Card, or Debit Card.
- For offline payment, candidates are supposed to take a printout of the State Bank's challan and submit the required amount of fee in the nearest branch of State Bank of India.
- The candidate must deposit the money within 7 days of filling up the application form.
- Candidates can check their payment status in the applicant's login menu using his/her login credentials.
DCECE 2020 Application Form
Once the candidates register for the DCECE 2020, he/she will receive an email notification that has the login credentials. Candidates are not supposed to disclose the credentials to anyone and those credentials help the candidates to access the applicant's login.
- Application Fee:
|Courses Applied||General||SC / ST/ PWD|
- Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the application fee either online or offline
- Online Payment: In case the candidates want to pay the application fee they can use either of the options such as Net banking or Credit Card or Debit Card and pay the fee (additional transaction fee may be charged by the Bank).
- Offline Payment: In case the candidates want to pay using the offline mode, they are required to drop a State Bank Challan for the required amount at the nearest State Bank branch. Candidates are required to pay the application fee within 7 days from filling in the application form and submitting it.
- The status of the payment will be reflected in the applicant's login, for which the candidates have to use the login credentials to check. There isn't any relaxation concerning the application fee, all the candidates irrespective of the categories they belong should pay the application fee.
- Note: The candidates need to save the payment receipt that will be displayed on the screen and the payment receipt given by the bank for future reference.
Candidates are requested to upload a couple of documents while filling in the application form. Candidates cannot submit the application form without uploading the document. The conducting authority has set some parameters to upload the documents
Candidate's Photograph: The size of the photograph should be less than 100 KB, that is if the photograph is more than the file size it will not be uploaded. The dimensions of the photograph are 35mm X 45mm. The format of the file should be JPEG.
Candidate's Signature: The dimensions of the signature should be 45mm X 35 mm. The size of the signature should be less than 100 KB. The format of the file should be JPEG. The signature will not be uploaded if they are not in the specified details.
DCECE 2020 Syllabus
Candidates should prepare for Bihar DCECE according to the prescribed syllabus and exam pattern. The students must be familiar and well practised as per the given Bihar DCECE 2020 Syllabus.
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Physics Syllabus
|Units and Dimensions|
|Scales & Measurements|
|Scalars & Vectors|
|Simple Harmonic Motion|
|Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia|
|Current Electricity & Magnetism|
|Physical World and Measurement|
|Oscillations and Waves|
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Mathematics Syllabus
|Sequence & Series|
|Principle of Mathematical Induction|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Determinants and Their Properties|
|Trigonometrical ratios of compound angle up to conditional Trigonometrical Identities|
|Properties of Triangle|
|The solution of Triangles & General Value|
|Inverse Circular Function|
|Two dimensional: Up to equation of circles|
|Three dimensional: Up to straight line|
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Chemistry Syllabus
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry|
|Structure of Atom|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids|
|General Introduction of P-Block Element|
|D-and F-Block Elements|
|Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic compounds containing Nitrogen|
|Chemistry in Everyday life|
DCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates have to choose exam centres according to their convenience at the time of registration. The exam will take place in around 40 districts of Bihar.
Exam Pattern for DCECE PE and PPE -
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes (145 minutes). There will be a total of 90 questions.
- There will be a total of three sections. Each section has 30 questions.
- The candidate will be awarded 5 marks for every correct answer. The total marks are 450.
- The question paper will be set in English and Hindi. The candidates will be given OMR sheets to mark the answers for the questions provided.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
Exam Pattern for DCECE PM -
- The question paper has 90 objective type questions, and each question carries five marks which amount to a total of 450 marks.
- Candidates will be given 145 minutes to complete the exam.
- The candidates will be given OMR sheets to mark the answers for the questions provided.
- The question paper will be set in English and Hindi.
|General Science (Chemistry, Physics, and Zoology)||25||125|
Exam Pattern for DCECE PMD -
- The question paper will be available in English and Hindi.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- OMR sheets will be provided for the candidates to answer the questions
- There will a total of 90 questions.
- The Polytechnic Entrance Exam model paper in Hindi and English are available on the official website of DCECE 2020.
DCECE 2020 Admit Card
Once the admit cards are issued, the official website will contain the link to download the Bihar Polytechnic 2020 Admit Card. Candidates are required to follow the instructions provided below.
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the link that says "Admit Card"
- Step 3: Candidates are required to provide the login credentials to log into the account. The login credentials will be provided to the candidate when the registration is complete.
- Step 4: Register Number and Date of Birth will be the login credentials.
- Step 5: Candidates will be able to view the DCECE 2020, Admit Card. Download and take a few printouts and keep it till the admission process is complete.
Note: The login credentials should not be disclosed to anyone at any point of time.
How to prepare for the Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam?
Few tips and tricks to crack the Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam are as follows -
Proper Study Plan - Prepare a study plan for you. Candidates have to practice according to the time table which you have made for yourself in such a manner so that you will attain your goals. Make sure that you make a good study plan that includes all the subjects. Candidates have to focus on the NCERT syllabus first so that they manage to score good marks in BCECE 2020.
Time Management - They have to give an equal amount of time to all the concerned subjects that are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics. You need to learn how to manage time. Writing practise papers and taking up mock tests would help you improve your time management skills. While writing the BCECE Exam, start with attempting the questions which are difficult for you.
Study Material - Collection of the reference books, previous year question papers, sample paper and study material are very important for preparing for the BCECE Exam. You have to use proper study material that will help you prepare for all the subjects. The questions that are going to be asked for the exam would be from the syllabus so you need to have a deeper knowledge of the important topics and concepts of the NCERT syllabus. After that, you have to practice the sample paper and previous year question papers.
DCECE 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates have to choose exam centres according to their convenience during the registration process. The exam will take place in around 40 districts of Bihar.
|BCECE Exam Centre||Centre Code||BCECE Exam centre||centre Code|
|West Champaran||20||Other cities outside Bihar||99|
DCECE 2020 Result
The DCECE 2020 Result (Bihar Polytechnic 2019 Result) would be available in the form of rank cards, which can be downloaded by logging into the official website using the roll number provided to the candidate and their date of birth. The DCECE 2020 Results Card will consist of details like the total score obtained by the candidate and also the qualifying status.
Step 1: Go to the official website, click on the link provided that will be redirected to the results page.
Step 2: Use the login credentials, such as the candidate's roll number and date of birth.
Step 3: Once you view the rank card on the screen, check for the marks scored in each subject.
Step 4: Download the rank card and take a few printouts for future reference.
DCECE 2020 Merit List
Once the exams are done, the authorities will prepare a merit list along with the rank cards. The merit list will help the candidates to figure out if they are shortlisted for the counselling or not. Downloading the merit list is simpler, as it does not involve any credentials to be provided by the candidate.
DCECE 2020 Counselling
Candidates are required to fill in details such as Registration Number, Date of Birth, and Security Code. Once the candidates have registered, they have to fill the choices in order of their preferences. It is recommended to the candidates that they fill as many choices as possible because it will help the candidates getting the admission.
Seat Allotment: Based on the marks secured, the seat allotment will be conducted online. Those who have been allotted seats will have to report to the Reporting Centre on the date scheduled. If the person fails to show up for the DCECE 2020 Counselling Process not abiding by the polytechnic exam time table 2020, the conducting authority reserves the right to cancel the admission.
Payment: The candidates are supposed to pay an amount of Rs. 1000 through Demand Draft that should be drawn in favour of the principle of the concerned institution.
Document Verification: Candidates are supposed to bring the listed documents for the authorities to verify if they are original and true.
- Copy of downloaded Part-A & Part-B of Application Form
- Admit Card in Original
- Rank Card
- Copy of allotment letter (3 copies)
- Passport-sized photograph (6 copies)
- 10th Board Certificate /Matric/equivalent Certificate and Admit Card as proof of age and identity.
- Aadhar card for ID Proof.
- School Leaving Certificate
- Residential proof by natives of Bihar
- Caste certificate
- Character certificate
- Refugee certificate (if applicable)
DCECE 2020 Cut Off
DCECE 2020 Qualifying & Cut Off Marks:
Here, we are providing DCECE cut off & qualifying marks as per the categories:
|Candidate Category||Qualifying Marks||Cut Off Marks|
|General Category (GEN)||50%||600|
|Reserved Category (OBC, SC & ST)||40%||480|
|General Category – PH||45%||540|
|Reserved Category - PH||40%||480|
DCECE Cut off for PCB Group:
Here, we include PCB Group Cut Off Rank according to the categories of the candidates:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||361|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||352|
|Extremely Backward Caste (EBC)||449|
|Backward Caste (BC)||472|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||464|
|Disabled Quota (DQ)||270|
DCECE cut off for PCM Group:
In this section, candidates can check the last year PCM Group Cut Off rank & marks of 2nd counselling:
|Category||Rank||Cut Off Marks|
|Disabled Quota (DQ)||118||14|
|Service Men’s Quota (SMQ)||133||26|
|Open Merit (GEN)||9281||111|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||194||85|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||1807||71|
|Extremely Backward Caste (EBC)||3397||85|
|Backward Caste (BC)||4377||95|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||1880||83|
Previous Year Cut Off for Engineering:
Mentioned below are the previous year engineering streams closing cut off ranks after round 2 counselling.
|Sr. No.||Branch||Closing Rank|
|4||Electronics and Communication Engineering||1069|
|5||Computer Science Engineering||1576|
|7||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||2434|
DCECE Preparation Books
Subject wise Bihar Polytechnic Books
The Bihar Polytechnic Exam consists of 5 subjects:
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Physics Reference Books
The reference books given below covers all the topics which will come in the exam like laws of motion, work, power and energy, electricity and magnetism etc. The book also contains all the important details of the syllabus which are difficult to find in other books. The books are of the latest pattern and also consist of unsolved objective type questions for practice.
Here we have listed the best books for the Bihar Polytechnic exam -
|Bihar Polytechnic Combined Entrance Examination||Dr Lal|
|Bihar Polytechnic Entrance Exam Guide||Vidya Editorial Board|
|Bihar Polytechnic Combined Entrance Examination Solved Papers (Engineering Group)||Pratiyogita Darpan|
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Chemistry Reference Books
The book will cover the topics including organic and inorganic chemistry, elements, compounds and mixtures, atomic structure, equations and formulas etc. The book also contains multiple-choice unsolved questions for practice.
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Mathematics Reference Books
|Bihar Polytechnic 18 Practice Sets (Combined Entrance Test with Solved 2014 Entrance Paper) 2015||GKP|
|Bihar Polytechnic Sanyukt Pravesh Pariksha Solved Papers (Engineering Pathyakram)||N/A|
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Biology Reference Books
|NCERT Biology Book of Class XI and XII||-|
|Trueman’s Biology Class XI and XII||-|
|BCECE Explorer by MTG or BCECE||Arihant|
Bihar Polytechnic 2020 - Agriculture Reference Books
|B.Sc Agriculture Entrance Exam.||Dr Lalita Gaur|
|Agriculture at a Glance Revised Edition (An Enhanced Competition Explorer)||R.K.Sharma, S.K.Bhoi, N.Pandey and S.Shinde|
|B.Sc. Agriculture Entrance Exam 2019||Arihant Experts|
Bihar Polytechnic Previous Years Question papers/ Model Papers -
Apart from preparing from books candidates can also prepare from previous years model papers and question papers which will give them the idea of the exam pattern and time management so that they can score better marks in the examination.
|Bihar Polytechnic BCECE 2017 Combined Entrance Competitive Examination||Experts Compilation|
|Solved Papers (1997-2014) Bihar Polytechnic Bcece 2017 Sanyukat Parvesh Pariksha||Experts Compilation|
BCECE Board Patna Office Address
IAS Association Building,
Near Patna Airport,
Patna – 800014 (Bihar)
BCECE Board Patna Contact No./ Helpline No.
Contact No- 0612- 2220230 , 0612-2225387