Candidates aspiring to study at Manipal Academy of Higher Education can apply for MET, Manipal Entrance Test. Conducted at the national level, MET helps applicants get into PG, UG, and other specialized courses offered by MAHE.
- What is MU OET?
- MU OET 2021 Exam Dates
- MU OET 2021 Eligibility
- MU OET 2021 Syllabus
- MU OET 2021 Registration
- MU OET 2021 Application Form
- MU OET 2021 Exam Pattern
- MU OET 2021 Admit Card
- MU OET 2021 Result
- MU OET 2021 Counselling
What is MU OET?
Organized by Manipal Academy of Higher Education, MU OET is a university level entrance exam which offers seats into 218 programs in 19 disciplines through MU OET 2021.
MAHE is one of the largest technical institutions not just in India but in Asia too. The institution has now changed its name to the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
MAHE: T.M.A Pai established MAHE in 1953 as Kasturba Medical college. After five years, it was renamed to Manipal Academy of Higher Education. In 1979 after the death of T.M.A. Pai, Ramdas Pai took over the management in 1979. There are 19 colleges and 7 departments under the institution.
- Courses: The Manipal Academy of Higher Education offers 218 programs in 19 disciplines.
- Affiliation: There are a total of 19 colleges affiliated to MAHE and there are 7 departments in it.
- Enrollment: Currently, around 28,000 students from 57 nations are studying various programs in colleges/institutions which are affiliated with MAHE.
|Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Conducted by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)|
|Exam level||University level exam|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Total Number of B.Tech Seats through MU OET 2021||2,160|
MU OET 2021 Exam Dates
It is important for candidates to keep track of all the important dates associated with MU OET 2021 to avoid unnecessary mistakes. Important dates for MET 2021 are mentioned below:
- Application form Release Date: MAHE released MU OET 2021 application on Dec 11, 2020 and the last date to apply is Mar 31, 2021.
- MU OET 2021 Slot Booking: Manipal Slot booking dates will be announced soon.
- Exam Date: MU OET exam will tentatively be conducted on Apr 16, 2021.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||Dec 11, 2020|
|Last Date of filling Application Form||Mar 31, 2021|
|Examination Date||Apr 16, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Results||Jun 19, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Counselling (Phase-I)||To be announced|
MU OET 2021 Eligibility
It is important for candidates to carefully go through the eligibility criteria defined by the organizing authorities for MU OET 2021. Candidates who qualify the defined eligibility criteria can move forward with the application process. The prescribed MU OET 2021 eligibility criteria covers aspects like nationality, qualification, age, marks scored in the qualifying exam, etc. MU OET 2021 eligibility criteria may vary for different courses. As per the eligibility criteria, candidates applying for the exam should have passed 10+2 examination or have any other equivalent qualification with an average of 50% or more marks.
Aspirants can get detailed info on general eligibility criteria from the points given below.
- Education Qualification: The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in relevant subjects.
- Intermediate graduates or equivalent examination from a recognized board can register.
- Undergraduate Programs: Candidates should have taken relevant subjects in their 10+2 or equivalent.
- Postgraduate Programs: Candidates should have done their undergraduate in a relevant program.
- For Lateral Entry: Candidates require to have passed in 12th standard / A level / IB / American High School diploma or equivalent with English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subjects as optional subject and a minimum of 55% marks taken together in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subject.
There is an age criterion to attend the MU OET 2021 for some courses.
- Foreign nationals can apply for MU OET, but they should have certificates that MAHE demands.
- The admission process for foreign nationals will be based on merit in the qualifying exam.
MU OET 2021 Syllabus
MAHE had released a specific syllabus for various programs in MU OET. The syllabus for admissions into undergraduate programs through MU OET was based on the 10+2 syllabus. The questions that came for the MU OET entrance examination were prepared according to the syllabus of MU OET 2021. MU OET 2021 syllabus
Topics covered under MU OET 2021 Syllabus are:
- Units and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work and Energy
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Redox reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Periodic properties
- Principles and processes of metal extractions
- S-block elements
- P-block elements
- d and f block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Aldehyde and Ketones
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Relations and functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Coordinate geometry, vectors, and three-dimensional geometry
- Mathematical reasoning
- Linear programming
- Cell Biology
- Cell Reproduction
- Introduction to Biology
- Origin of life and organic evolution
- Molecular Biology
- Man in health and diseases
- Continuity of life.
- Diversity of life on earth
- Kingdom Protista
- Kingdom Mycota
- Kingdom Metaphyta
- Taxonomy and Economic Botany
- Plant histology & anatomy
- Water relations of plants
- Growth and growth regulators in plants
- Tense – Use of proper tense and sequence of tense
- Modals (have to/had to, must, should, need, ought to and their negative forms)
- Subject-verb concord
- Sentence structure
- Usages in English: Commands and requests, Statements, Questions
- Clauses: Noun clauses, Adverb clauses of condition and time, Relative clauses
- Determiners/ Use of proper articles
- Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms, Spellings, One-word substitutions
Difficulty Level: The Questions in MU OET were based on 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards/Universities.
How to Prepare for MU OET?
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is considered as one of the well-renowned colleges in India. To get into MAHE one needs to properly-plan out and create a preparation strategy to crack the MU OET 2021 examination. Given below are a few study tips that would help you clear the MU OET 2021.
- Get done with the basics first - Make sure that you are clear enough with the basics. Go through the Class 11 and 12 PCM textbooks. Understand the concepts and note down the equations, important formulas, theorems. And revise them regularly.
- Take up mock tests and solve question papers - Solving question papers will give you a better idea about the exam. Also, you will get a clear idea about where you stand and discover which areas you need improvement in.
- Time Management - Even though there is no negative marking you need to learn time management. You will only have 150 minutes to answer 200 questions. This would put your time managing skills to test.
How to Register for MU OET 2021?
Candidates who haven't registered for MU OET 2021 will not be allowed to write the exam. Fee payment can only be done through online mode. The Online Application Form for MU OET is available from Dec 11, 2020 on the official website. Candidates willing to write the MU OET Exam should follow the steps given to successfully fill the 2021 MU OET application form.
Candidates can apply for MU OET 2021 till Mar 31, 2021. Candidates are supposed to know the details of the application process, MU OET 2021 application form and various documents required. Important dates related to the MU OET 2021 registration process are given in the table below.
|S.No||MU OET 2021 Registration Events||Dates|
|1||Start of MU OET Registrations||Dec 11, 2020|
|2||Last Date of MU OET Registrations||Mar 31, 2021|
MU OET 2021 Application Form
The application form for MU OET was available on the official website from Dec 11, 2020. The last date to apply for MU OET was Mar 31, 2021.
Application Form: Candidates who want to participate in MU OET 2021 have to fill and submit the application form via online mode.
Application Form Fee: The application form fee for MU OET was INR 2000/- (Test Fee- INR 1400/- and Course Fee-INR 600/-). For NRI/Foreign International students, the application fee was INR 2500/-.
Payment: Candidates can pay the MU OET 2021 application fee through both online and offline mode of payment. Candidates could pay through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Demand Draft.
How to apply for MU OET 2021?
Students willing to appear for MU OET 2021 have to register for the exam by visiting the official site of MU OET 2021. Process of filling the application form for MU OET involves 5 steps which are:
- Step 1: The eligible candidate has to fill in their personal information, course, category, and location. After successfully filling the registration form, candidates will receive their credentials.
- Step 2: Candidates have to log in using their credentials and should enter their contact details.
- Step 3: In this step, candidates should enter their qualification details.
- Step 4: Candidates should choose 2 exam centres, the programs and should pay the fee.
- Step 5: The applicants should check their details and confirm that all the details are correct.
Note: The slot booking is a very important and essential step in the application process without which the candidates will not be allowed to receive their admit cards. Candidates have to book their slots by entering their application number and the password. The candidate can book the exam time, exam date along with the exam city or exam centre as per their own convenience. There are multiple exam dates and multiple time slots that a candidate can choose from.
MU OET 2021 Exam Pattern
MAHE will conduct MU OET 2021 as a computer-based exam for two and a half hours (150) minutes. MU OET 2021 exam pattern informs the candidates about the expected questions, mode of exam, exam duration, marking scheme, etc. The exam pattern of MU OET 2021 can help the candidates to plan out for the exam and prepare themselves and study accordingly. So the candidates need to be familiar with the exam pattern.
There are different marking schemes for different courses.
- B.Tech, M.Sc, and M.Tech: Correct answer: (+) 4 marks. Incorrect answer: (-) 1 mark.
- Other courses: Correct answer: (+) 1 mark. There is no negative marking. Candidates can take advantage of this by answering all the questions.
The exam pattern for B.Tech course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
Exam Pattern for BBA Course in MU OET is given as follows
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
Exam Pattern for MCA course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
MU OET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates will be issued MU OET 2021 admit card only if they have booked their slots using the Online Test Booking System (OTBS). The tentative date for slot bookings is March 24, 2021. Only the candidates who have submitted their application form and have made their fee payment, will be eligible to receive the admit card.
Applicants had to carry a printout of the same with them to the exam hall. Without it, candidates would not be allowed to write the exam.
|E-hall ticket number||
|Slot booking||MAHE will issue admit cards to candidates who have booked their slot using OTBS.|
How to download MU OET Admit Card?
Candidates can visit the official website of the MU OET 2021 and log in using their credentials (Application Number and password generated during the application process). Once you have logged in, you can view the MU OET 2021 admit card and download it.
MU OET 2021 Exam Centres
MU OET 2021 exam centres are spread all across India. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centre where they are willing to write the exam according to their convenience. Candidates can select 2 exam centres of their preference when they are applying for the MU OET 2021. Candidates can choose from MU OET exam centres located in India, Dubai, and Portblair.
Candidates can choose up to 2 exam centres based on their convenience and they will be allotted based on the availability of slot in that exam centre. Given below is the list of states and their cities where the MU OET 2021 exam centres are located.
|Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat|
|Haryana||Gorakhpur, Gurugram, Faridabad|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Manipal, Mysuru, Shivamogga Belgaum, Bengaluru, Mangaluru|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Kannur, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Mohali, Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Noida, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Union Territory||Chandigarh, Delhi|
MU OET 2021 Results
MAHE will release the MU OET 2021 results on the official website. MU OET result date may vary depending on each course.
Once candidates have received their scorecards, they can check their scores accordingly. Admission into the Manipal Academy of Higher Education would be done based on the ranks secured by candidates in the MU OET exam.
In the case of a tie-breaker in ranks then the following points would be taken into consideration
- The candidates who manage to score higher marks in Mathematics will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidates who will score higher marks in Physics will be considered.
- If it is still a tie then candidates who will score higher marks in Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then candidates who will be elder will be considered.
How to download MU OET Result?
MAHE will announce results for various courses on different dates. You can visit their official website and enter your application number. Once you have entered your correct application number submit it, you will be able to view and download MU OET 2021 result.
MU OET 2021 Counselling
Counselling dates for MU OET vary for different courses. Counselling will be held after the declaration of the result, as per the announcement made by the organizing authority.
The absence of the candidate or representative at the indicated reporting time and date for counselling will result in the instantaneous forfeiture of the candidate to claim a seat.
Required Documents for MU OET 2021 Counselling are:
- MU OET admit card
- MU OET scorecard or rank card
- 10th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if required)
How difficult is MU OET?
MU OET difficulty level is more than state CET and will be less than that of JEE or BITSAT.
How do I prepare for MU OET?
You can prepare for MU OET by First, go through the exam pattern and syllabus covered. Since MU OET tests your grasp in 11th and 12th subjects, clear any doubts you have in these subjects. Make a study plan and follow it. Plan according to the exam pattern. So that you get more marks in less time by concentrating on important topics. Practice physics and mathematics problems. Take mock tests and work on previous papers. And most importantly don\'t forget to revise.
When can I apply to Manipal University?
You can apply to admission into various programs at Manipal University after you have completed your 10+2 or UG. You can apply for various programs through MU OET. Application for MU OET 2020 begins from October 10, 2019 and will be available on the official website.You can apply to admission into various programs at Manipal University after you have completed your 10+2 or UG. You can apply for various programs through MU OET. Application for MU OET 2020 begins from October 10, 2019 and will be available on the official website.
Can I get admission in Manipal University?
Yes, you can. Only if you satisfy eligibility criteria set by MAHE and have performed well in MU OET.
Is there negative marking in the Manipal entrance exam?
There is a negative marking system for B.Tech, M.Sc, and M.Tech but there is no negative marking system for other courses.
Is there any entrance exam for Manipal University?
Yes, there is an entrance exam for Manipal University and it is called Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU OET).
What is OTBS?
OTBS full form is Online Test Booking System is a software used by various universities to help candidates book a test slot of their desire.
How can I book a Manipal Slot?
Once you have successfully applied for MU OET, you can book your slot by logging in to OTBS.
What is a slot booking?
Slot booking is a process where candidates book an exam slot through the Online Test Booking System.
Is Manipal University UGC approved?
Yes, Manipal University is UGC approved and it is also NAAC accredited.