- The MU OET 2020 Counselling Process has started. To register for the counselling process, click here.
- The merit list for the Manipal Entrance Test 2020 is uploaded on the MAHE Website. Candidates whose names are mentioned in this list are eligible to apply for the MU OET 2020 Counselling Session. Visit the MU OET 2020 Results section to check the merit list.
Candidates aspiring to study at Manipal Academy of Higher Education can apply for MU OET organized by the Manipal University. Conducted at the national level, MU OET helps applicants get into PG, UG, and other specialized courses offered by Manipal University.
- What is MU OET?
- MU OET 2020 Exam Dates
- MU OET 2020 Eligibility
- MU OET 2020 Syllabus
- MU OET 2020 Registration
- How to apply for MU OET?
- MU OET 2020 Application Form
- MU OET 2020 Exam Pattern
- MU OET 2020 Admit Card
- MU OET 2020 Result Released
- MU OET 2020 Counselling
What is MU OET?
MU OET is a university level entrance exam and is conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). MAHE offers seats into 218 programs in 19 disciplines through MU OET 2020.
MAHE is one of the largest technical institutions not just in India but in Asia too. Not only because of its gigantic size but also for the number of colleges affiliated to it and for geographic dispersion. Manipal University (MU) has now changed its name to the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
MAHE: T.M.A Pai established MAHE in 1953 as Kasturba Medical college. After five years, it was renamed to Manipal University. In 1979 after the death of T.M.A. Pai, Ramdas Pai took over the management in 1979. There are 19 colleges and 7 departments under the institution.
- Courses: The Manipal Academy of Higher Education offers 218 programs in 19 disciplines.
- Affiliation: There are a total of 19 colleges affiliated to MAHE and there are 7 departments in it.
- Enrollment: Currently, around 28,000 students from 57 nations are studying various programs in colleges/institutions which are affiliated with MAHE.
|Exam Name||Manipal University Online Entrance Test|
|Conducted by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)|
|Exam level||University level exam|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Total Number of B.Tech Seats through MU OET 2020||2,160|
MU OET 2020 Exam Dates
Due to Covid-19 pandemic, exam dates have been fluctuating, and candidates are advised to stay updated. It is important for candidates to keep track of all the important dates associated with MU OET 2020 to avoid unnecessary mistakes. Important dates for MO OET 2020 are mentioned below:
- Application form Release Date: MAHE released MU OET 2020 application on October 5, 2019 and the last date to apply was July 31, 2020.
- MU OET 2020 Slot Booking: Manipal Slot booking was conducted from July 21, 2020 to July 25, 2020.
- Exam Date: MAHE conducted MU OET exam as a remote proctored online test from August 1, 2020 to August 12, 2020.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||October 5, 2019|
|Last Date of filling Application Form||July 31, 2020|
|Examination Date||August 1, 2020 to August 12, 2020 (Remote Proctored Online Test)|
|Results||August 13, 2020|
|Counselling (Phase-I)||August 18, 2020|
MU OET 2020 Eligibility
The prescribed MU OET 2020 eligibility criteria covers aspects like nationality, qualification, age, marks scored in the qualifying exam, etc. MAHE sets the eligibility criteria for various courses offered through MU OET. Candidates should satisfy all criteria set by MAHE else he/she will be subjected to rejection. MU OET 2020 eligibility criteria may vary for different courses. As per the eligibility criteria, candidates applying for the exam should have passed 10+2 examination or have any other equivalent qualification with an average of 50% or more marks.
Aspirants can get detailed info on general eligibility criteria from the points given below.
- Education Qualification: The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in relevant subjects.
- Intermediate graduates or equivalent examination from a recognized board can register.
- Undergraduate Programs: Candidates should have taken relevant subjects in their 10+2 or equivalent.
- Postgraduate Programs: Candidates should have done their undergraduate in a relevant program.
- For Lateral Entry: Candidates require to have passed in 12th standard / A level / IB / American High School diploma or equivalent with English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subjects as optional subject and a minimum of 55% marks taken together in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subject.
There is an age criterion to attend the MU OET 2020 for some courses.
- Foreign nationals can apply for MU OET, but they should have certificates that MAHE demands.
- The admission process for foreign nationals will be based on merit in the qualifying exam.
MU OET 2020 Syllabus
MAHE had released a specific syllabus for various programs in MU OET. The syllabus for admissions into undergraduate programs through MU OET was based on the 10+2 syllabus. The questions that came for the MU OET entrance examination were prepared according to the syllabus of MU OET 2020. MU OET 2020 syllabus
Topics covered under MU OET 2020 Syllabus are:
- Units and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work and Energy
- The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- The behavior of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Basic concepts in Chemistry
- States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Redox reactions and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Periodic properties
- Principles and processes of metal extractions
- S-block elements
- P-block elements
- d and f block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Basic principles of organic chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens
- Organic compounds containing oxygen
- Aldehyde and Ketones
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Relations and functions
- Trigonometric functions
- Coordinate geometry, vectors, and three-dimensional geometry
- Mathematical reasoning
- Linear programming
- Cell Biology
- Cell Reproduction
- Introduction to Biology
- Origin of life and organic evolution
- Molecular Biology
- Man in health and diseases
- Continuity of life.
- Diversity of life on earth
- Kingdom Protista
- Kingdom Mycota
- Kingdom Metaphyta
- Taxonomy and Economic Botany
- Plant histology & anatomy
- Water relations of plants
- Growth and growth regulators in plants
- Tense – Use of proper tense and sequence of tense
- Modals (have to/had to, must, should, need, ought to and their negative forms)
- Subject-verb concord
- Sentence structure
- Usages in English: Commands and requests, Statements, Questions
- Clauses: Noun clauses, Adverb clauses of condition and time, Relative clauses
- Determiners/ Use of proper articles
- Vocabulary: Synonyms, Antonyms, Spellings, One-word substitutions
Difficulty Level: The Questions in MU OET were based on 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards/Universities.
How to Prepare for MU OET?
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is considered as one of the well-renowned colleges in India. To get into MAHE one needs to properly-plan out and create a preparation strategy to crack the MU OET 2020 examination. Given below are a few study tips that would help you clear the MU OET 2020.
- Get done with the basics first - Make sure that you are clear enough with the basics. Go through the Class 11 and 12 PCM textbooks. Understand the concepts and note down the equations, important formulas, theorems. And revise them regularly.
- Take up mock tests and solve question papers - Solving question papers will give you a better idea about the exam. Also, you will get a clear idea about where you stand and discover which areas you need improvement in.
- Time Management - Even though there is no negative marking you need to learn time management. You will only have 150 minutes to answer 200 questions. This would put your time managing skills to test.
How to Register for MU OET 2020?
Candidates who haven't registered for MU OET 2020 will not be allowed to write the exam. Fee payment can only be done through online mode. The Online Application Form for MU OET was available from October 5, 2019 on the official website. Candidates willing to write the MU OET Exam should follow the steps given to successfully fill the 2020 MU OET application form.
Candidates could apply for MU OET 2020 till July 31, 2020. Candidates are supposed to know the details of the application process, MU OET 2020 application form and various documents required. Important dates related to the MU OET 2020 registration process are given in the table below.
|S.No||MU OET 2020 Registration Events||Dates|
|1||Start of MU OET Registrations||October 5, 2019|
|2||Last Date of MU OET Registrations||July 31, 2020|
How to apply for MU OET 2020?
Students willing to appear for MU OET 2020 had to register for the exam by visiting the official site of MU OET 2020. Process of filling the application form for MU OET involves 5 steps which are:
- Step 1: The eligible candidate has to fill in their personal information, course, category, and location. After successfully filling the registration form, candidates will receive their credentials.
- Step 2: Candidates have to log in using their credentials and should enter their contact details.
- Step 3: In this step, candidates should enter their qualification details.
- Step 4: Candidates should choose 2 exam centres, the programs and should pay the fee.
- Step 5: The applicants should check their details and confirm that all the details are correct.
MU OET 2020 Application Form
The application form for MU OET was available on the official website from October 5, 2019. The last date to apply for MU OET was July 31, 2020.
Application Form: Candidates who want to participate in MU OET 2020 had to fill and submit the application form via online mode.
Application Form Fee: The application form fee for MU OET was INR 2000/- (Test Fee- INR 1400/- and Course Fee-INR 600/-). For NRI/Foreign International students, the application fee was INR 2500/-.
Payment: Candidates could pay the MU OET 2020 application fee through both online and offline mode of payment. Candidates could pay through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Demand Draft.
Note: The slot booking was a very important and essential step in the application process without which the candidates were not allowed to receive their admit cards. Candidates had to book their slots by entering their application number and the password. The candidate could book the exam time, exam date along with the exam city or exam centre as per their own convenience. There were multiple exam dates and multiple time slots that a candidate could choose from.
MU OET 2020 Exam Pattern
MAHE conducts MU OET 2020 as a computer-based exam for two and a half hours (150) minutes. MU OET 2020 exam pattern informs the candidates about the expected questions, mode of exam, exam duration, marking scheme, etc. The exam pattern of MU OET 2020 can help the candidates to plan out for the exam and prepare themselves and study accordingly. So the candidates need to be familiar with the exam pattern.
There are different marking schemes for different courses.
- B.Tech, M.Sc, and M.Tech: Correct answer: (+) 4 marks. Incorrect answer: (-) 1 mark;
- Other courses: Correct answer: (+) 1 mark. There is no negative marking. Candidates can take advantage of this by answering all the questions.
The exam pattern for B.Tech course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
Exam Pattern for BBA Course in MU OET is given as follows
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
Exam Pattern for MCA course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
MU OET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates were issued MU OET 2020 admit card only if they had booked their slots using the Online Test Booking System (OTBS). The dates for slot bookings was July 21, 2020, to July 25, 2020. Only the candidates who have submitted their application form and have made their fee payment were eligible to receive the admit card.
Applicants had to carry a printout of the same with them to the exam hall. Without it, candidates would not be allowed to write the exam.
|E-hall ticket number||
|Slot booking||MAHE will issue admit cards to candidates who have booked their slot using OTBS.|
How to download MU OET Admit Card?
Candidates can visit the official website of the MU OET 2020 and log in using their credentials (Application Number and password generated during the application process). Once you have logged in, you can view the MU OET 2020 admit card and download it.
MU OET 2020 Exam Centres
MU OET 2020 exam centres are spread all across India. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centre where they are willing to write the exam according to their convenience. Candidates can select 2 exam centres of their preference when they are applying for the MU OET 2020. Candidates can choose from MU OET exam centres located in India, Dubai, and Portblair.
Candidates can choose up to 2 exam centres based on their convenience and they will be allotted based on the availability of slot in that exam centre. Given below is the list of states and their cities where the MU OET 2020 exam centres are located.
|Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat|
|Haryana||Gorakhpur, Gurugram, Faridabad|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Manipal, Mysuru, Shivamogga Belgaum, Bengaluru, Mangaluru|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Kannur, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Mohali, Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Noida, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Union Territory||Chandigarh, Delhi|
MU OET 2020 Results
MAHE has released the MU OET 2020 results on the official website. MU OET result date may vary depending on each course.
Once candidates have received their scorecards, they can check their scores accordingly. Admission into the Manipal Academy of Higher Education would be done based on the ranks secured by candidates in the MU OET exam.
In the case of a tie-breaker in ranks then the following points would be taken into consideration
- The candidates who manage to score higher marks in Mathematics will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidates who will score higher marks in Physics will be considered.
- If it is still a tie then candidates who will score higher marks in Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then candidates who will be elder will be considered.
How to download MU OET Result?
MAHE will announce results for various courses on different dates. You can visit their official website and enter your application number. Once you have entered your correct application number submit it, you will be able to view and download MU OET 2020 result.
MU OET 2020 Counselling
Counselling dates for MU OET vary for different courses. Counselling will be held on August 18, 2020 as per the announcement made by the organizing authority.
The absence of the candidate or representative at the indicated reporting time and date for counselling will result in the instantaneous forfeiture of the candidate to claim a seat.
Required Documents for MU OET 2020 Counselling are:
- MU OET admit card
- MU OET scorecard or rank card
- 10th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if required)