- July 7, 2020: The Manipal Entrance Test and the slot booking facility for the same are postponed. The new exam dates will be announced soon. The MAHE arrived at this decision due to the alarming increase in the number of COVID-19 cases across the country and decided that conducting an examination would not be appropriate, and thus postponed the MET 2020.
Want to study at the Manipal Academy of Higher Education? What's stopping you then? Prepare yourself for the MU OET (now known as MET or Manipal Entrance Test) by going through the preparation tips given below and crack the exam with ease.
- What is MU OET?
- MU OET 2020 Exam Dates
- MU OET 2020 Eligibility
- MU OET 2020 Syllabus
- MU OET 2020 Registration
- How to apply for MU OET?
- MU OET 2020 Application Form
- MU OET 2020 Exam Pattern
- MU OET 2020 Admit Card
- MU OET 2020 Result
- MU OET 2020 Counselling
What is MET (Formerly MU OET)?
MET 2020 full form is Manipal Entrance Test 2020. MET or MU OET is a university level entrance test and is conducted by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). MAHE offers seats into 218 programs in 19 disciplines through MU OET 2020.
MAHE is one of the largest technical institutions not just in India but in Asia too. Not only because of its gigantic size but also for the number of colleges affiliated to it and for geographic dispersion. Manipal University (MU) has now changed its name to the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
MAHE: T.M.A Pai established MAHE in 1953 as Kasturba Medical college. After five years, it was renamed to Manipal University. In 1979 after the death of T.M.A. Pai, Ramdas Pai took over the management in 1979. There are 19 colleges and 7 departments under the institution.
- Courses: The Manipal Academy of Higher Education offers 218 programs in 19 disciplines.
- Affiliation: There are a total of 19 colleges affiliated to MAHE and there are 7 departments in it.
- Syllabus: Candidates can refer to the MU OET 2020 syllabus to prepare for the test. MU OET 2020 syllabus is released by the conducting body. Candidates can download MU OET sample papers and refer them to prepare for the exam.
- Enrollment: Currently, around 28,000 students from 57 nations are studying various programs in colleges/institutions which are affiliated with MAHE.
- Application Form: Candidates can apply for MU OET 2020 through the online application. MAHE has not provided an option to apply for MU OET 2020 through an offline application form. The online application form is available from October 5, 2019 till June 30, 2020.
|Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Conducted by||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)|
|Exam level||University level exam|
|Examination Date||Phase I: July 24 to July 27 and Phase II: Aug 4 to Aug 7, 2020|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 4 marks|
|Negative Marking||For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted|
|Duration of Exam||2 and a half hours|
|Total Number of B.Tech Seats through MU OET 2020||2,160|
MET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can now check the important dates of MU OET 2020 to know the important details regarding the application dates, date of examination, counselling dates, rank announcement or merit list, result dates, and more. MU OET 2020 important dates will help the candidates appearing for the exams. Make sure that you do not miss out on any important dates regarding the exam.
Candidates should also be aware of the MU OET 2020 Exam Date along with all other MU OET important dates. Some of the important dates which candidates should remember are:
- Application form Release Date: MAHE will release MU OET 2020 application form on October 5, 2019 and the last date to apply is June 30, 2020.
- MU OET 2020 Slot Booking: Dates for Slot booking for MU OET 2020 haven't been released by MAHE.
- Exam Date: MAHE will conduct MET exam in two phases namely Phase-I and Phase-II. Phase I will be conducted between July 24 and July 27, 2020. While Phase-II will be conducted from Aug 4 to Aug 7, 2020.
|Start Date of filling Application Form||October 5, 2019|
|Last Date of filling Application Form||June 30, 2020|
|Results||Yet to be announced|
|Counselling (Phase-I)||Yet to be announced|
MU OET 2020 Eligibility
The prescribed MU OET 2020 eligibility criteria have aspects like nationality, qualification, age, and marks scored in the qualifying exam, etc. MAHE sets the eligibility criteria for various courses offered through MU OET. Candidates should satisfy all criteria set by MAHE else he/she will be subjected to rejection. MU OET 2020 eligibility criteria vary for different courses. As per eligibility criteria, candidates applying for the exam should have passed 10+2 examination or have any other equivalent qualification with an average of 50% or above marks.
Aspirants can get detailed info on general eligibility criteria from the points given below.
- Education Qualification: The candidate should have a minimum of 50% marks in relevant subjects.
- Intermediate graduates or equivalent examination from a recognized board can register.
- Undergraduate Programs: Candidates should have taken relevant subjects in their 10+2 or equivalent.
- Postgraduate Programs: Candidates should have done their undergraduate in a relevant program.
- For Lateral Entry: Candidates require to have passed in 12th standard / A level / IB / American High School diploma or equivalent with English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subjects as optional subject and a minimum of 55% marks taken together in Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Biotechnology or Mathematics or any other Life Sciences subject.
There is an age criterion to attend the MET 2020 for some courses.
- Foreign nationals can apply for MU OET, but they should have certificates that MAHE demands.
- The admission process for foreign nationals will be based on merit in the qualifying exam.
MU OET 2020 Syllabus
MAHE has released a specific syllabus for various programs in MU OET. The syllabus for admissions into undergraduate programs through MU OET will be based on the 10+2 syllabus. The questions that come for the MU OET entrance examination is prepared according to the syllabus of MU OET 2020. Understanding MU OET 2020 syllabus will help the candidates to prepare themselves for the entrance exam.
Some of the important details are:
- Test papers: MAHE has divided MU OET 2020 paper into five sections namely Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and General English.
- MU OET 2020 Syllabus will concentrate on student's grasp on the 11th and 12th syllabus and also the candidate's fluency in English.
- Difficulty Level: The Questions will in MU OET be based on 10+2 syllabus followed by major 10+2 Boards/Universities.
How to Prepare for MU OET?
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) is considered as one of the well-renowned colleges in India. To get into MAHE one needs to properly-plan out and create a preparation strategy for themselves to crack the MU OET 2020 examination. Given below are a few steps that would help you clear the MU OET 2020.
- Get done with the basics first - Make sure that you are clear enough with the basics. Go through the Class 11 and 12 PCM textbooks. Understand the concepts and note down the equations, important formulas, theorems. And revise them regularly.
- Take up mock tests and solve question papers - Solving question papers will give you a better idea about the exam. Also, you will get a clear idea about where you stand and discover which areas you need improvement in.
- Time Management - Even though there is no negative marking you need to learn time management. You will only have 150 minutes to answer 200 questions. This would put your time managing skills to test.
How to Register for MU OET 2020?
Candidates who haven't registered for MU OET 2020 will not be allowed to write the exam. Fee payment can only be done through online mode. The Online Application Form for MU OET will be available from October 5, 2019 on the official website. Candidates willing to write the MU OET Exam should follow the steps given to successfully fill the 2020 MU OET application form.
Candidates can apply for MU OET 2020 till June 30, 2020. Candidates are supposed to know the details of the application process, MU OET 2020 application form Details and various documents required. Important events and their dates that are related to the MU OET 2020 registration process are given in the table below.
|S.No||MU OET 2020 Registration Events||Dates|
|1||Start of MU OET Registrations||October 5, 2019|
|2||Last Date of MU OET Registrations||June 30, 2020|
How to apply for MU OET 2020?
Students willing to appear for MU OET 2020 will have to register for the exam by visiting the official site of MU OET 2020. Process of filling the application form for MU OET involves 5 steps which are:
- Step 1: The eligible candidate has to fill in their personal information, course, category, and location. After successfully filling the registration form, candidates will receive their credentials.
- Step 2: Candidates have to log in using their credentials and should enter their contact details.
- Step 3: In this step, candidates should enter their qualification details.
- Step 4: Candidates should choose 2 exam centres, the programs and should pay the fee.
- Step 5: The applicants should check their details and confirm that all the details are correct.
MU OET 2020 Application Form
The application form for MU OET will be available on the official website from October 5, 2019. The last date to apply for MU OET is June 30, 2020. MU OET 2020 application form is available as an online application.
Application Form: Candidates who want to participate in MU OET 2020 have to fill and submit the application form via online mode.
Application Form Fee: The application form fee for MU OET is INR 2000/- (Test Fee- INR 1400/- and Course Fee-INR 600/-). For NRI/Foreign International students, the application fee is INR 2500/-.
Payment: Candidates can pay the MU OET 2020 application fee through both online and offline mode of payment. Candidates can pay through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Demand Draft.
MU OET 2020 Exam Pattern
MAHE conducts MU OET 2020 as a computer-based exam for two and a half hours (150) minutes. MU OET 2020 exam pattern informs the candidates about the expected questions, mode of exam, exam duration, marking scheme, etc. The exam pattern of MU OET 2020 can help the candidates to plan out for the exam and prepare themselves and study accordingly. So the candidates need to be familiar with the exam pattern.
There are different marking schemes for different courses.
- B.Tech, M.Sc, and M.Tech: Correct answer: (+) 4 marks. Incorrect answer: (-) 1 mark;
- Other courses: Correct answer: (+) 1 mark. There is no negative marking. Candidates can take advantage of this by answering all the questions.
The exam pattern for B.Tech course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
Exam Pattern for BBA Course in MU OET is given as follows
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
Exam Pattern for MCA course is given as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
MU OET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will be issued MU OET 2020 admit card only if they have booked their slots using the Online Test Booking System (OTBS). The dates for slot booking haven't been issued yet. Only the candidates who have submitted their application form and have made their fee payment are eligible to receive the admit card.
The Manipal Entrance Test admit card can be downloaded from the official website of MAHE. Applicants need to carry a printout of the same with them to the exam hall. Without it, candidates would not be allowed to write the exam.
|E-hall ticket number||
|Slot booking||MAHE will issue admit cards to candidates who have booked their slot using OTBS.|
How to download MU OET Admit Card?
Candidates can visit the official website of the MU OET 2020 and log in using their credentials (Application Number and password generated during the application process). Once you have logged in, you can view the MU OET 2020 admit card and download it.
MU OET 2020 Exam Centres
MU OET 2020 exam centres are spread all across India. Candidates can choose their preferred exam centre where they are willing to write the exam according to their convenience. Candidates can select 2 exam centres of their preference when they are applying for the MU OET 2020. Candidates can choose from MU OET exam centres located in India, Dubai, and Portblair.
Candidates can choose up to 2 exam centres based on their convenience and they will be allotted based on the availability of slot in that exam centre. Given below is the list of states and their cities where the MU OET 2020 exam centres are located.
|Andhra Pradesh||Anantapur, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Vishakhapatnam, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool|
|Bihar||Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Baroda, Rajkot, Surat|
|Haryana||Gorakhpur, Gurugram, Faridabad|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Manipal, Mysuru, Shivamogga Belgaum, Bengaluru, Mangaluru|
|Kerala||Ernakulam, Kannur, Kozhikode, Thrissur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Pune, Thane|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Mohali, Ludhiana|
|Rajasthan||Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Erode, Trichy|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Khammam, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Noida, Varanasi|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Union Territory||Chandigarh, Delhi|
MU OET 2020 Results
Candidates who have appeared for the MU OET can get the results of the same online. MAHE will release the MU OET 2020 results on the official website. MU OET result date will vary depending on the course.
Once they receive their scorecards, they can check their scores. Admission into the Manipal Academy of Higher Education would be done based on the ranks secured by candidates in the MU OET exam.
In the case of a tie-breaker in ranks then the following points would be taken into consideration
- The candidates who manage to score higher marks in Mathematics will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then the candidates who will score higher marks in Physics will be considered.
- If it is still a tie then candidates who will score higher marks in Chemistry will be considered.
- If the tie still exists then candidates who will be elder will be considered.
How to download MU OET Result?
MAHE will announce results for various courses on different dates. You can visit their official website and enter your application number. Once you have entered your correct application number submit it, you will be able to view and download MU OET 2020 result.
MU OET 2020 Counselling
Counselling dates for MU OET vary for different courses. Counselling schedule will be announced by the Institution after the results are declared.
The absence of the candidate or representative at the indicated reporting time and date for counselling will result in the instantaneous forfeiture of the candidate to claim a seat.
Required Documents for MU OET 2020 Counselling are:
- MU OET admit card
- MU OET scorecard or rank card
- 10th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- 12th or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Character certificate
- Category certificate (if required)