SRMJEEE is a national-level entrance exam conducted for aspirants seeking admission into B.Tech and M.Tech courses under the various campus of the SRM University across India. SRMJEEE Application Form (UG) has been released and the same can be accessed by students on SRMJEEE Official Website.
- SRMIST has announced that the SRMJEEE 2020 will be cancelled for the year 2020, as the situation caused by COVID-19 has made it unsafe to conduct the examination. The admission of the candidates to the BE/BTech courses will be done based on the scores of the qualifying examination of their 10+2/equivalent courses.
Admit Card for SRMJEEE exam will be released after the successful booking of slots by students. Every year over 1.7 lakh students attempt this exam and so every aspirant should focus on preparing well with proper study materials like previous year SRMJEEE sample papers to crack this exam. More information regarding SRMJEEE is provided below.
- What is SRMJEEE?
- SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Dates
- SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility
- SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
- How to Apply for SRMJEEE 2020?
- SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form
- SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
- SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Centres
- SRMJEEE 2020 Result
- SRMJEEE 2020 Cut-off
- SRMJEEE 2020 Selection Process
- How to Prepare for SRMJEEE 2020?
- Coaching Centres
- Courses Offered
- Guidelines for SRMJEE 2020
- Contact Details
What is SRMJEEE?
The full form of SRMJEEE is SRM Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering. SRMJEEE is a National level entrance exam conducted for admissions to B.Tech and M.Tech degree programs. Every year nearly 1.7 lakh candidates appear for SRMJEEE.
Through this exam, students can apply for the SRM group of Universities which are SRM Institue of Science & Technology, SRM University AP - Amaravati, and SRM University Haryana - Sonepat.
The exam is conducted by SRM Institute of Science and Technology formerly known as SRM University, Chennai (recognized by the University Grants Commission, India). Candidates who qualify for the exam will be eligible for seeking admission to various B.Tech and M.Tech programs.
Candidates qualifying in SRMJEEE 2020 will be eligible for admission to the various campuses of SRM University which are mentioned below:
To support and to encourage candidates with exemplary talent, SRM offers direct admission with a full scholarship. SRM also offers various scholarships to other students. Students who want to get admission into the Sri Ramaswamy Institute of Science and Technology have to apply for the SRMJEE Exam. Candidates can go to the official website of the SRMIST and apply for the SRMJEE Exam.
Although students should not that this year the SRMJEE has been canceled due to the COVID-19 situation and SRMIST has adapted to a different method of admitting students. Students will be given the admissions based on their 10+2 or Pre-University marks along with the JEE score and SAT score. If students have already made the application for the SRMJEE then they should make the necessary changes in their application or see the details of the revised admission process, in any case, students are advised to visit the official website for the latest updates.
The various details related to SRMJEEE are as follows:
|Exam Name||SRM Joint Entrance Examination for Engineering|
|Conducting Body||Sri Ramaswamy Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech & M.Tech|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Questions||Physics – 35; Chemistry – 35; Mathematics – 40/ Biology – 40; English - 5; Aptitude - 10|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English & Aptitude|
|Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes i.e. 150 Minutes|
|Marks||3 Marks for Correct Answer. No Negative Marking|
|No. of Seats||7000 Approx.|
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Dates
The application form for SRMJEEE was released on the institute's official website in October 12, 2019, and the portal will remain open until the last week of March 2020. The SRMJEEE 2020 is cancelled for the year 2020 based on the situation that has resulted due to the highly infectious coronavirus. The SRMJEEE 2020 Important Dates are as follows:
The application form will be available on the SRM University website until March 30, 2020. After submission of his/her application form and payment of the application fee INR 1100, candidates can access the admit card/hall ticket through the official website from April 3, 2020.
SRMJEEE will be conducted as an online test i.e., Computer-based Test (CBT) between July 30, 2020 and August 4, 2020. All candidates can check their results on the SRM university official website soon after.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility
- Candidates who are either appearing or have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2 pattern) with PCM/B as major subjects in a full-time stream from any State Board within India, CBSE or ICSE are eligible for SRMJEEE.
- A candidate must be 16 years or older as of 31st July 2020.
- Indian National, Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and holder of PIO or OCI card issued by the Government of India are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE.
- NRIs, holders of PIO or OCI card issued by the Government of India must apply under the International student category only. And such candidates will be given a reduction in fees once they are admitted.
- Candidates with an exemplary track record will be offered direct admission into various courses and will get a full scholarship.
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus will consist of topics prescribed by CBSE for the curriculum of science in XIth and XIIth grades. And the exam will test their grasp on the subjects. Questions will be based on four subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics from their knowledge of the same in their Higher Secondary level exam (qualifying exam).
Applicants who will attempt Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in SRMJEEE will be eligible for B.Tech. in Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, and Genetic engineering programs and also for various other programs in Health Sciences.
How to Apply for SRMJEEE?
The candidate has to keep all the required documents handy before starting to fill the Online Application Form. The candidate can fill the form in the following way:
- Each new candidate has to register himself/herself with basic information before filling the Application Form.
- The candidates then have to Log in with credentials provided after the Registration process.
- Fill the Application Form with valid details. Upload recent photograph and signature as per the required specifications.
- Pay the registration fee at the end, through online or offline mode (Demand Draft).
SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form
Candidates who aspire to study at SRM University this year have to appear for SRMJEEE 2020 by filling and submitting the application form. Candidates can access the application form, from the official website.
SRMJEEE Application Form is available on the official website of SRM University from October 12, 2019, and the last date to submit Application Form online is March 30, 2020.
Candidates have to pay INR 1100 online through Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking for the registration and entrance examination fee.
The candidate has to upload the scanned copies of the following documents:
- Recent Photograph
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet (For M.Tech Admission)
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
SRMJEEE will be conducted through an online process i.e. (Computer-based Test). The question paper will contain 5 Sections with Physics and Chemistry carrying 35 questions, 40 in Mathematics/Biology, 5 questions in English and 10 questions in Aptitude with a total of 125 Multiple Choice Question's (MCQs). Marks given for the answers are +1 for Correct Answers and there is No Negative Marking. Thus the maximum marks a candidate can get is 125.
The exam will be of 2.5 hours (150 minutes) and the medium of instruction throughout the admission process will be in English.
Since there is no negative marking, candidates are advised to attempt all questions, which will enhance the chances of their selection. Learn more about SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern.
SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
SRMJEEE Admit Card will be available for download on SRMIST official website from April 3, 2020. The admit card is only available online and no hard copy will be sent through post or any other offline means.
Candidates must thoroughly go through the details of the Admit Card, in case any printing mistakes are found, they should immediately contact the program coordinator.
How to Download SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card?
Candidates can download their admit card/hall ticket by accessing it through SRMIST website and print multiple photocopies for any future use. The following steps are to be undertaken for downloading it:
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of SRMJEEE.
- Step 2: Click on the link provided for the SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card download.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to the SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card download page.
- Step 4: Enter your SRMJEEE Application Number and other details requested. The SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card will now be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Download and print the SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Centres
SRMJEEE 2020 will be conducted in 29 States across India in various Exam Centres. SRMJEEE 2020 exam is conducted in 127 centers across various states in India and 5 centers overseas. The candidate has to choose 3 centers (mandatory) and enter the proper center code, which will be available on the SRMIST website. Students can choose the center based on their location and preference. Once an Exam Centre is chosen, it cannot be altered. Check the list of SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Centres.
Documents Required at SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Centre
Candidates should carry necessary documents like Admit Card, Government ID Proof to the Exam Centre. Without these, the candidate will not be allowed in the Examination hall.
SRMJEEE 2020 Results
SRMJEEE 2020 Results will be declared via online mode on the official website of SRMJEEE soon after the examination. The Answer Key 2020 will be available for all candidates after the entrance exam.
Based on the number of students who have appeared for SRMJEEE 2020, the number of seats available and marks secured by candidates, a merit list will be prepared. Once the merit list is prepared, a cut-off is decided based on the number of seats available and the number of students willing to join.
- Normalization: This is done to judge all the students on a common standard, irrespective of the relative difficulty of his/her slot in comparison with other slots.
- Raw marks: These are the marks that the candidate got.
- Normalized marks: These are the modified marks offered to a candidate, considering the relative difficulty of his/her slot compared to the difficulty of other slots of his discipline.
How to download SRMJEEE 2020 Result?
The candidate has to visit the official website of SRMJEEE. After that, the candidate has to enter the application credentials such as Application number, Program applied and Date of Birth. Thereby the candidate can download the admit card and take a photocopy of it.
SRMJEEE 2020 Cut-off
The SRMJEEE 2020 Cut-off will be released soon after the declaration of the result.. The cut-off will be released campus-wise for all four campuses of SRM University. The SRMJEEE 2020 Cut Off will be based on the following factors:
- The number of candidates appearing for SRMJEEE 2020.
- Previous year cut-off trends.
- The difficulty level of the examination.
- The number of seats available for a particular course.
- A total number of applicants for a particular course.
Based on the rank of the candidate and the cutoff decided by the campus, candidates will be called for counseling.
SRMJEEE 2020 Selection Process
After giving the exam and publishing of results, candidate based on merit and cutoff of each campus will have to undergo the following process:
- Counseling will be there based on merit rank.
- Candidates can choose their preferred specialization/branch in a particular SRM campus, depending on the availability of the preferred specialization on that particular campus.
- After the selection of the branch, the candidate has to pay the tuition and other applicable fees.
- The candidate's admission will be confirmed after issuing of Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL).
Counselling Process for SRMJEEE Exam
To appear for the SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling, qualified candidates must download the SRMJEEE Counseling call letter from the official site of SRMJEEE. The Counselling process will consist of one or more rounds depending on the vacancy of seats.
How to Prepare for SRMJEEE?
Before starting preparation, the candidate should have thorough knowledge about the Syllabus for SRMJEEE exam. After knowing the syllabus, the next thing is to get knowledge about the exam pattern. Different topics have different weightage, thus priority should be given, based on their respective weightage.
SRMJEEE Previous Year Question Papers
Solving the previous year question papers gives a candidate a kind of live experience of the actual Question paper. Also, it helps him/her to analyze the pattern of the paper and the areas in which the candidate needs improvement.
SRMJEEE Mock Test
The mock tests will help the candidate to analyze his/her speed of solving questions. Moreover, as a result of solving the mock test, the candidate can become aware of the areas that are taking more time and thus require more practice. Download SRMJEEE Mock test papers.
SRMJEEE Study Material
NCERT books are a must for this exam. These books help in forming the conceptual foundation of the subjects. Other than the NCERT books, the candidate can also refer to other books for preparation. Check SRMJEEE Reference Books.
Offline Coaching: For offline coaching, various reputed coaching centers can be opted for, some of them are as follows:
- Nucleus Education
- Vibrant Academy
- Resonance Eduventures.
- Bansal Classes.
- Allen Career Institute.
- Motion IITJEE.
Online Coaching: You can purchase courses from reputed online Education training institutes like:
- FIIT JEE
- Various Youtube Channels, providing coaching free of cost.
Courses Offered By SRM
Different specializations are available for engineering courses being offered by SRMIST. The candidate can take admission into any course based on his/her preference/interest and rank in the merit list.
Guidelines for SRMJEEE 2020
The instructions for SRMJEEE 2020 are provided below. Please go through it, to have clarity on the conduction of the exam.
Admit Card Details: Candidates need to check their Admit Card carefully for their Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Exam Centre Name, City, State.
Reporting Time: Candidates are advised to reach the venue well before the commencement of the examination to complete the registration formalities well before the commencement of the exam. The registration desk will close 5 minutes before the examination.
Relaxation Under PwD: A copy of PwD certificate in the prescribed format must be carried along by the candidate, to claim relaxation under PwD category.
Question Paper Medium: Candidates should ensure that the question paper available on the computer is as per their choice of Medium. The concerned invigilator should be notified, in case the question paper is in the Medium other than their choice.
- Seat Allotment: Candidates are not allowed to enter the SRMJEEE exam centers after the commencement of the examination. A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. The candidature will be canceled if the candidate is found to have changed their room/seat allotted.
Prohibited Items: Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, calculators, docu pen, slide rules, log tables, electronic watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone or any other electronic device.
No Smoking & Eating: Smoking or eating is strictly prohibited in the SRMJEEE 2020 exam hall. No edible item is allowed inside the examination hall.
No Leaving Before the Allotted Time: Candidates cannot leave their seats or the examination hall until the standard duration of the exam without the permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator.
SRM Admission Contact Details
Candidates should feel free to contact the SRM helpdesk through e-mail, phone or website. The details are given below.
|Address||Kattankulathur Campus, Chennai SRM Nagar, Kattankulathur - 603203, Kancheepuram District, Tamil Nadu.|
|Phone Number||044-27455510, 044-47437500|