Candidates aspiring to study at the premier institutions of Bihar can opt for the BCECE Exam. BCECE 2020 will provide plenty of opportunities for students who want to pursue a career in Engineering, Agriculture, and Pharmacy. Information about the tentative exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, and the like for BCECE 2020 is given in the article below.
Latest Update: BCECE 2020 Exam Dates have been postponed owing to the Covid-19 pandemic situation. The new exam dates will be announced soon.
- What is BCECE?
- BCECE 2020 Exam Date
- BCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- BCECE 2020 Syllabus
- BCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
- BCECE 2020 Application Form
- BCECE 2020 Admit Card
- BCECE 2020 Result
- BCECE 2020 Counselling
- BCECE Courses Offered
- Related Exams
What is BCECE Exam?
BCECE stands for Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. BCECE is a state-level examination conducted by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) to allow students admissions into undergraduate programs in prestigious colleges and universities of Bihar in medical, engineering, and agriculture streams. BCECE exam is also known as Bihar CET.
BCECE is one of the most prominent examinations in India that encourages thousands of brilliant students across the country to pursue higher education in top-notch colleges of Bihar. Students can directly visit www.bceceboard.com to apply for the examination. Some of the popular courses offered through this examination are MBBS, B.E. B.Tech, BDS, BSc. Agriculture, B. Pharm., etc. Details about the eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, results and, counselling for BCECE 2020 are mentioned in detail under the various heading of the article.
BCECE 2020 Overview
Given below are the highlights of the BCECE Exam:
|Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Examination Type||State Level|
|Examination Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Examining Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)|
|Date of Examination||To be announced|
Details regarding examination fees, form, admission card, and BCECE Exam Dates are discussed below.
BCECE 2020 Exam Date
Mentioned below are the dates according to the official notification released on February 19, 2020, by the BCECE board on their official website.
|Commencement of Registration||May 26, 2020|
|Last date to apply for the exam||June 9, 2020|
|Application Form correction Dates||June 12 to June 15, 2020|
|BCECE 2020 Admit Card release date||To be announced|
|BCECE 2020 Exam Date|
|Declaration of Results|
|Commencement of Counselling|
BCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is different for different courses the candidate is applying for. BCECE 2020 Eligibility for different courses are discussed below:
For Engineering Courses
Educational Qualification: The candidate should have qualified 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks (Gen/OBC) or 40% marks (for SC/ST) from a recognized board of India. General and OBC candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks in 10+2 and SC/ST candidates should obtain at least 40% marks to be eligible to apply for the exam.
Candidates should also have Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and one of Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology as an optional subject.
Age: There is no prescribed age limit to apply. But it is understood that passing Class 12 is essential to be eligible to apply.
For Pharmacy Courses
Educational Qualification: Candidates who are interested to apply for Pharmacy courses should have qualified 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and one of the Mathematics or Biology as optional subjects. Candidates who are appearing for the 10+2 can also apply. But they should be able to produce the passing certificate of 10+2 at the time of the admission for BCECE.
Age: There is no prescribed age limit to apply. But it is understood that passing Class 12 is essential to be eligible to apply.
Residential Specifications for Candidates
Candidates who satisfy the following requirements will be eligible for attempting the BCECE exam:
- Candidates whose parents are residents of the state of Bihar and India also. OR
- Candidates whose parents are unarmed refugees in Bihar. OR
- Candidates whose parents are from other states but are the employees of the Govt. of Bihar. OR
- Candidates whose parents are employees of the former Govt. of Bihar whose cadre has not been divided yet and those whose post is still transferable in the state of Bihar/Jharkhand. OR
- Candidates whose parents are Govt. of India employees posted in Bihar or employees of Government of India-run factories or institutions located in Bihar (PSU of Govt of India)
BCECE 2020 Syllabus
The BCECE 2020 Syllabus includes topics from the Class 10 and 12 syllabi. Candidates will be asked the questions from the respective courses for which they have applied for. The syllabus will have topics from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology of Class 11 and 12 difficulty levels. It is important that candidates are thorough with the syllabus in order to prepare well and score better marks.
Given below is a list of important topics under each subject.
- Sets and Functions
- Algebra I and Algebra II
- Functions and Relations
- Calculus I and Calculus II
- Linear Programming
- Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Organic Chemistry - Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- p-block Elements
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Kinetics
- Oscillation and Waves
- Magnetic effect of Current and Magnetism
- Electronic Devices
- Laws of Motion
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- The Living World
- Biological Classification
- Principles of Inheritance and Variation
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Chemical Control and Integration
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Environmental Issues
- Plant Kingdom
- Morphology in flowering Plants
BCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
- Candidates will be allotted a time of 90 minutes (1.5 hours) for attempting the BCECE exam.
- This exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Questions asked in the paper will be of MCQ format i.e. multiple choices will be provided while selecting the answer.
- The paper will be broadly divided into 3 subjects based on the chosen course.
- The whole exam of BCECE will be divided into two stages: Stage-I and Stage-II.
- Stage-I will have 50 questions each of the three sections. There will be no negative marking in this section and 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- The stage-II exam will have three sections which will contain 100 questions each. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer and 3 marks will be awarded for the right answer.
In Stage-I, the subjects will be Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology. The candidate can choose Mathematics for Engineering courses and Biology for Pharmacy courses. The same goes for Stage-II as well except that it has more questions so it is more challenging. Know more about this including the division of marks by clicking, BCECE 2020 Exam Pattern.
BCECE 2020 Application Form
BCECE extended the dates to June 9, 2020 for filling the application form. The window was reopened between June 12, 2020 to June 15, 2020 to make any edits to the application form.
A step-by-step BCECE Application Process is given below:
- Step 1: First, a candidate has to go to the official website of the BCECE exam and click on the "Apply on BCECE-2020" link.
- Step 2: Afterwards, a candidate will have to fill the online registration form and provide a valid email ID and mobile number to register. Candidates will be sent an activation code on the registered mobile number. Upon a candidate inputs the activation code in the field provided, he/she has to sign in using an email and a password.
- Step 3: Next, a candidate has to fill in the personal details and complete this process and click on "Save & Next".
- Step 4: After that, a candidate will need to upload signature and photograph and click on "Save & Next".
- Step 5: The next step will be to review your application form. Candidates can review their filled information in the above-mentioned steps and finally tick the "Declaration" checkbox.
- Step 6: The last step will be the payment of the fee. Candidates will be able to pay the fee through Offline and Online mode both. After that, they will be able to download their completely filled form which they can preserve for future use.
BCECE Application Fee
Candidates have the option to pay the application fee via Net Banking, Credit Card to Debit Card or through the offline mode by submitting the bank Challan.
Candidates can pay the fee via offline mode through Bank Challan and NEFT Challan option. They will have to choose the "Challan" option while paying the fee. They will get a print out of the Challan and then take it to the associated bank to pay the fee through cash. Candidates might have to pay the processing fee also for this transaction. The last date to pay the application fee through a challan was June 10, 2020.
To pay from online mode, a candidate will have to pay the fee through Credit/Debit Card/Netbanking. Candidates will have to bear the processing charge for the fee. The last date to pay the application fee through online mode was June 11, 2020. Please note that additional internet charges are applicable in case of online payment of the fee.
If a candidate wants to appear for only three subjects (PCM/PCB/MBA/CBA/PCA/MCA), then they have to pay a fee of INR 1000 (for General/OBC). If a candidate belongs to SC/ST category, then they will have to pay a fee of INR 500.
If a candidate has to apply for all four streams (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics), then they will need to pay a fee of INR 1100 (for General/OBC). But if SC/ST candidates are applying for the same, they will have to pay INR 550.
BCECE 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit cards from the official website (www.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in). Candidates have to bring this admit card to the examination hall on the day of examination. If a candidate finds any mistake in his/her admit card, then they can report it to the official authorities five days before the commencement of the exam and get the error rectified. Failure to produce the admit card at the exam centre would mean that a candidate will not be allowed to write the exam.
How to download BCECE admit card?
Download your BCECE 2020 Admit Card by following the steps:
- Step 1: Candidates have to go to the official website of BCECE (www.bceceboard.bihar.gov.in)
- Step 2: After landing on the page, candidates have to click on the "Download Admit Card BCECE" notification.
- Step 3: After that, you have to go on the portal and type their registration number and then click on the "Submit" button. Otherwise, you can also log in with your email ID and password and access your admit card.
- Step 4: Cross-check details on the admit card before downloading it.
BCECE 2020 Results
BCECE 2020 results will be declared soon after the exam. It is yet to be announced. Candidates will be able to check their results on the official website only. BCECE 2020 Result will be declared in the form of a merit list. To access the results:
- the candidate must visit the official website bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. and click on the 'Results BCECE 2020' link.
- Enter the required details which could be the roll number and date of birth or application number and a security pin.
- Check scorecard, BCECE board will declare a merit list for the exam in a PDF format.
BCECE 2020 Counselling
After the exam results are declared, candidates can begin registering for the counselling.
- First candidates will have to register for counselling on the official website.
- Next, the will have to select the preferences for the colleges and courses after which they will be given provisional allotment to these colleges and courses based on merit.
- After that, verification of handwriting will be done only after which the candidates will qualify for final seat allotment.
- Finally, document verification is done for the candidate, and seats are allotted.
Since counselling is based on merit and BECE Ranks, candidates must aim to score high marks in order to be able to choose the college and course they wish to.
BCECE Courses Offered
The following courses are offered in medicine:
- B. Occupation Therapy
- Para Medical Bachelor
- Graduate Programs (Lab Tech, O.T. Assistant, Xray Tech, Ophthalmic Assistant, and Orthotics, and Prosthetics) and other similar programs
Engineering and Pharmacy Courses
Various engineering and pharmacy courses are available in both government and institutions accredited by the Government of Bihar. These courses are available in colleges outside Bihar with quota seats as well.
BCECE 2020 will make a candidate eligible for admission to the Agriculture colleges of Bihar as well.