Candidates who want to get admissions in reputed institutions of Bihar can opt for BCECE Exam. BCECE 2020 will be a gate of opportunities for the students who want to pursue a shining career in Engineering and Pharmacy. Candidates can read about the tentative dates for BCECE 2020 below.
- What is BCECE?
- Exam Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- BCECE Syllabus
- Exam Pattern
- How to apply for BCECE?
- Admit Card
- BCECE Results
- Courses Offered
- Related Exams
What is BCECE?
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) is a state-level examination conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) to allow students admissions into undergraduate programs in prestigious colleges and universities of Bihar for medical, engineering, and agriculture streams. BCECE is also known as Bihar CET.
BCECE is one of the most prominent examinations in India that encourages thousands of brilliant students across the country to start their career in the top-notch categories. Students can directly visit www.bceceboard.com to apply for the examination.
BCECE 2020 Overview
|Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Examination Type||State Level|
|Examination Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Examining Authority||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)|
|Date of Examination||April 26, 2020 and May 10, 2020 (tentative)|
Details regarding examination fees, form, admission card and BCECE Exam Dates are discussed below.
BCECE Important Dates 2020 mentioned below are tentative. The actual dates for BCECE exam 2020 will be released when the notification will be released on the official website.
|Commencement of Registration||March 8, 2020|
|Last date to apply for the exam||March 31, 2020|
|Date of Admit Card release||April 21, 2020|
|BCECE 2020 Exam Day||April 26, 2020|
|Declaration of Results||June 22, 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||July 24, 2020|
Eligibility Criteria is different for different courses a candidate is applying for. BCECE Eligibility for different courses are discussed as follows:
For Engineering Courses
Educational Qualification: An applying candidate should have qualified 10+2 with a minimum of 45% marks (Gen/OBC) or 40% marks (for SC/ST) in a recognized board of India. General and OBC candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks in 10+2 and SC/ST candidates should obtain at least 40% marks to be eligible to apply for the exam.
Candidates should have Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects and one of Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology as an optional subject.
For Pharmacy Courses
Candidates who are interested to apply for Pharmacy courses should have qualified 10+2 with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects and one of the Mathematics or Biology as optional subjects. Candidates who are appearing for the 10+2 can also apply. But they should be able to produce the passing certificate of 10+2 at the time of the admission for BCECE.
Residential Requirements of Candidates
Candidates who satisfy the following requirements will be eligible for attempting BCECE exam:
- Candidates whose parents are residents of the state of Bihar and India also. OR
- Candidates whose parents are unarmed refugees in Bihar. OR
- Candidates whose parents are from other states but are the employees of the Govt. of Bihar. OR
- Candidates whose parents are employees of the former Govt. of Bihar whose cadre has not been divided yet and those whose post is still transferable in the state of Bihar/Jharkhand. OR
- Candidates whose parents are Govt. of India employees posted in Bihar or employees of Government of India-run factories or institutions located in Bihar (PSU of Govt of India)
The BCECE Syllabus will be based on the 10th, 11th and 12th class syllabus. Candidates will be asked the questions from the respective courses for which they have applied for. The syllabus will have topics from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
Candidates will be allotted a time of 90 minutes (1.5 hours) for attempting BCECE exam. This exam will be conducted through online mode. Questions asked in the paper will be of MCQ format i.e. multiple choice will be provided while selecting the answer. Three subjects will be asked in the paper depending on the course chosen by the candidate.
The whole exam of BCECE will be divided into two stages: Stage-I and Stage-II. Stage-I will have 50 questions each from the three sections and will have no negative marking. 3 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. Stage-II exam will have three sections which will contain 100 questions each. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer and 3 marks will be awarded for the right answer. Know more about BCECE Exam Pattern.
How to apply for BCECE?
A step-by-step BCECE Application Process is given below:
- Step 1: First, a candidate has to go to the official website of BCECE exam and click on "Apply on BCECE-2020" link.
- Step 2: Afterwards, a candidate will have to fill the online registration form and provide a valid email ID and mobile number to register. Candidates will be sent an activation code on the registered mobile number. Upon a candidate inputs the activation code in the field provided, he/she has to sign in using an email and a password.
- Step 3: Next, a candidate has to fill in the personal details and complete this process and click on "Save & Next".
- Step 4: After that, a candidate will need to upload signature and photograph and click on "Save & Next".
- Step 5: The next step will be to review your application form. Candidates can review their filled information in above-mentioned steps and finally tick the "Declaration" checkbox.
- Step 6: The last step will be the payment of the fee. Candidates will be able to pay the fee through Offline and Online mode both. After that, they will be able to download their completely filled form which they can preserve for future use.
Candidates can pay the fee via offline mode through Bank Challan and NEFT Challan option. They will have to choose "Challan" option while paying the fee. They will get a print out of the Challan and then take it to the associated bank to pay the fee through cash. Candidates might have to pay the processing fee also for this transaction.
To pay from online mode, a candidate will have to pay the fee through Credit/Debit Card/Netbanking. Candidates will have to bear the processing charge for the fee.
If a candidate wants to appear for only three subjects (PCM/PCB/MBA/CBA/PCA/MCA), then they have to pay a fee of INR 1000/- (for General/OBC). If a candidate belongs to SC/ST category, then they will have to pay a fee of INR 500/-.
If a candidate has to apply for all four streams (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Mathematics), then they will need to pay a fee of INR 1100/- (for General/OBC). But if SC/ST candidates are applying for the same, they will have to pay INR 550/-.
BCECE 2020 Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit cards from the official website (bceceboard.bihar.gov.in). Candidates have to bring this admit card to the examination hall on the day of examination. If a candidate finds any mistake in his/her admit card, then they can report it to the official authorities five days before the commencement of exam.
How to download BCECE admit card?
Download your BCECE Admit Card by following the steps:
- Step 1: Candidates have to go to the official website of BCECE (bceceboard.bihar.gov.in)
- Step 2: After landing on the page, candidates have to click on "Download Admit Card BCECE" notification.
- Step 3: After that, you have to go on the portal and type their registration number and then click on "Submit" button. Otherwise, you can also log in with your email ID and password and access your admit card.
Candidates will be able to check their results on the official website only. BCECE Results will be declared in the form of a merit list and are expected to be released on June 22, 2020.
Courses Offered by BCECE
- B. Occupation Therapy
- Para Medical Bachelor
- Graduate Programs (Lab Tech, O.T. Assistant, Xray Tech, Ophthalmic Assistant, and Orthotics, and Prosthetics) and other similar programs
Engineering and Pharmacy Courses
Various engineering and pharmacy courses are available in both government and institutions accredited by Government of Bihar. These courses are available in colleges outside Bihar with quota seats as well.