JEE Main 2021 third and fouth phase exams have been postponed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 surge. The exam for April 2021 session was scheduled to be held between Apr 27, 2021, and Apr 30, 2021. The conducting authorities also paused the application process for May 2021 session. NTA is expected to release the revised schedule for both phases by Jun 31, 2021. The exams are likely to be held in July or August 2021.
Earlier, the Union Education Minister, Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' had also announced certain relaxations in the eligibility criteria for the B.Arch course for the current academic session. Candidates can visit the JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2021 page for more details.
- May 25, 2021: The latest reports about JEE Main 2021 state that the April-May exams are most likely to be held in July-August 2021. The NTA will release an official statement based on the CBSE and State Board final exams.
- May 4, 2021: The JEE Main May 2021 session has been postponed due to the present COVID-19 situation in the country. The new exam dates for the April and May Sessions will be announced soon. The registration process for the May 2021 session will also be conducted later.
- April 18, 2021: The JEE Main April 2021 session has been postponed due to the massive spike in COVID-19 cases. The new exam dates will be announced shortly.
Latest News on JEE Main 2021
- NTA JEE and NEET Exams Receive Timetable, Clarifications - Published on Jun 16, 2021
- JEE Main April and May 2021 Exams Likely to be Held in July-August - Published on May 25, 2021
- JEE Main May Session Application Form to Release on 3 May 2021 - Published on April 28, 2021
- JEE Main 2021 April Session Exam Postponed; Check Details Here - Published on April 19, 2021
- JEE Main 2021 Application Form Correction Window to Close Today - Published on April 7, 2021
- JEE Main April Application Correction Date Extended - Published on April 6, 2021
- What is JEE Main Exam?
- JEE Main 2021 Exam Date
- JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- JEE Main 2021 Registration
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- JEE Main 2021 Exam Centres
- JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
- JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
- JEE Main 2021 Reference books
- JEE Main 2021 Result
- JEE Main 2021 Cut Off
- JEE Main 2021 Counselling
- JEE Main 2021 Courses Offered
- JEE Main Preparation Tips
- JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
- JEE Main 2021 Helpdesk
What is JEE Main Exam?
The full form of JEE Main is Joint Entrance Examination - Main. JEE Main is one of the most premier engineering examinations in India. It is now conducted 4 times starting in 2021. Lakhs of candidates from across the country apply for this examination so that they can have a shot at studying at any one of the most prestigious educational institutes in India. This national level entrance exam is conducted by NTA for admission into Engineering (B.E./B.Tech) and Architecture (B.Arch/B.Plan) courses in the top CFTIs, like the NITs, IIITs, and SFIs, State Engineering Colleges of the participating states, and other participating institutions.
|Exam Name||JEE Main|
|Full-Form||Joint Entrance Examination Main|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency||Four times a year (February, March, April, and May)|
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) & Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) only for (Drawing)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Drawing|
|Exam Duration||3 hours, i.e., 180 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for each correct response | -1 mark for each incorrect response|
|Medium of question paper||English, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Odiya, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, and Urdu|
|Helpline Number||7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has been developed as an autonomous, specialist, and self-sustained testing organization responsible for conducting entrance examinations for admission to top educational institutions by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India and it is responsible for conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) since 2019. From the 2021 session, JEE Main for Paper 1 will be held four times a year, i.e., in February, March, April, and May. For Paper 2, the examination will be held bi-annually, in February and May. The examination will be conducted for two individual papers, where Paper 1 is for Engineering (BE/ B.Tech) courses, and Paper 2 is for Architecture (B .Arch./B.Plan.).
JEE Main 2021 Exam Date
The various sessions and rounds of the JEE Main 2021 may seem confusing. For a better understanding, go through the JEE Main 2021 Exam Dates given below:
The exam which was going to be held between Apr 27, 2021, and Apr 30, 2021, has been postponed indefinitely due to the massive rise in the number of COVID-19 cases in the country. The new dates for JEE Main April 2021 examination and the application process for JEE Main May 2021 will be announced once the situation comes under control. It has been reported that these events will be carried out in July or August 2021. The candidates will be updated once the NTA comes to a decision.
|Important Events||Dates (February Session) - Concluded||Dates (March Session) - Concluded||Dates (April Session) - Postponed||Dates (May Session) - Postponed|
|Application Form Start Date||December 16, 2020||March 2, 2021||March 25, 2021||To be announced|
|Application Form Last Date||January 23, 2021||March 9, 2021 (extended)||April 4, 2021||To be announced|
|JEE Main 2021 Correction Window Dates||January 27, 2021, to January 30, 2021||March 9, 2021||Until April 7, 2021 (11:50 PM)||--|
|JEE Main 2021 Admit Card Availability||February 11, 2021||March 11, 2021||To be announced||To be announced|
|JEE Main Exam Date 2021||February 23 - February 26, 2021||March 16, 2021 - March 18, 2021||Postponed||Postponed|
|JEE Main 2021 Results Announcement||Paper 1: March 8, 2021
Paper 2: March 18, 2021
|March 24, 2021||To be announced||To be announced|
Read more: JEE Main Exam Dates 2021
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates planning to write JEE Main 2021 need to make sure that they fit the eligibility requirements put forth by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The basic eligibility requirement for all candidates is to have passed Class 10 and 12 examinations, or equivalent. In addition, the other aspects of the eligibility criteria are listed below:
The NTA does not specify an age limit for the candidates willing to appear for the exam. However, each candidate must understand that a majority of the participating colleges, such as the IITs, NITs, GFTIs, etc. have prescribed age limits. Details regarding the same will be made available in the information brochure for JEE Main 2021. It is important to plan one's attempts accordingly.
The candidates who have passed 10+2 or any other equivalent examination in the year 2019 or 2020 or are appearing in 2021, from a recognized educational board are eligible to appear for the JEE Main 2021.
Admission to NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs participating through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)
The following are the educational requirements for candidates seeking admission in B.E, B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Plan courses across the various participating NITs, IIITs and GFTIs through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB).
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or any other equivalent examination with Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects, along with one among the following subjects - Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subjects, with a minimum of 75% marks for general category candidates and 65% for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized educational board.
- The eligibility criteria for B.Arch have been relaxed for the current academic session. The candidates were earlier required to score a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, combined. However, for JEE Main session 2021-22, the aggregate is relaxed to 'just pass' 12th Class with PCM subjects/10+3 diploma in Mathematics or the aforementioned subject combination.
Reservation of Seats
As per the set of ruled laid out by the Government of India, a fixed percentage of seats is reserved for certain categories. The applicants who belong to these categories are also given several relaxations in age and marks scored in the qualifying examination.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL).
- Scheduled Castes (SC).
- Scheduled Tribes (ST).
- Persons with Disability (PwD) with 40% or more disability.
- General - Economically Weaker Section (Gen-EWS)
Availing the relaxation for the above categories of students is subject to the verification of the relevant documents and certificates at the time of application and counselling.
Provisions for Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
- Application: The applicants must specify the type and percentage of their disability accurately in the online form for JEE Main 2021.
- Scribe/Reader: The applicants who have a disability that exceeds the 39% mark have the discretion of opting for a scribe or a reader. They may submit the request to the centre superintendent for the same.
- Essentials for Reader or Scribe: Once the request is made, the centre superintendent will identify the scribe/reader. The candidate would be permitted to meet the scribe one day prior to the JEE Main 2021 examination, to verify the scribe's suitability.
Read more: JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2021 Registration
Due to the spike in the cases of COVID-19, the application process for JEE Main May 2021 has been postponed. New dates for the same will be announced shortly. The entire application process for JEE Main is held online. To complete the application process, the candidates will have to pay the application fee through online payment gateways such as credit cards, debit cards, net banking, or UPI.
The step by step procedure on how to apply for JEE Main 2021 is given below:
Step 1: Registration
Candidates will be required to register on the official website of JEE Main 2021 by entering valid credentials in the fields provided. The candidates will also have to pay the fee through net banking, credit card, or debit card. The registration fee applicable for JEE Main 2021 is given in the table below:
|JEE Main 2021 Test Papers||Category||In India||Outside India|
|Paper-I - Engineering (B.E./B.Tech.) OR Paper-II - Architecture (B.Arch./B.Plan.)||General/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ Gen-EWS||
Boys - INR 650
Girls - INR 325
Boys - INR 3000
Girls - INR 1500
Boys - INR 325
Girls - INR 325
Boys - INR 1500
Girls - INR 1500
|Both Paper-I - Engineering (B.E./B.Tech.) AND Paper-II - Architecture (B.Arch./B.Plan.)||General/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/ Gen-EWS||
Boys - INR 1300
Girls - INR 650
Boys - INR 6000
Girls - INR 3000
Boys - INR 650
Girls - INR 650
Boys - INR 3000
Girls - INR 3000
Step 2: Uploading the documents
While filling out the registration form for JEE Main 2021, candidates will have to upload scanned copies of a recently clicked passport size photograph and signature as per the dimensions mentioned in the table below. Use relevant resizing and compressing tools on the internet to make sure this is a smooth process.
|Photograph||-||10 KB to 200 KB||.jpg/.jpeg|
|Signature||3.5 cm width x 1.5 cm height||4 KB to 30 KB||.jpg/.jpeg|
Note: The candidates should keep the scanned copy of his/her recently clicked passport size photograph and signature in running handwriting ready before they begin filling the application form for JEE Main 2021. These scanned images are to be uploaded during the submission of the JEE Main 2021 application form. The photograph should be coloured or black & white, (but clear contrast). It must have the name of the candidate and the date when the photograph was clicked printed on it.
Read more: JEE Main 2021 Application Form
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
JEE Main April 2021 has been postponed. The admit card for the same will be released later. Those candidates who are unable to access the JEE Main 2021 hall ticket from the official website due to any reason can approach the provided helpline numbers from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
How to download JEE Main 2021 Admit Card?
The hall ticket will not be sent to any candidate's residence. It has to be downloaded from the official website once it has been released. The candidates can do so by following the steps given below:
- Go to the NTA JEE Main's official website - jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Find the "Download Admit Card" link given on the homepage, and click on it.
- The candidates will now be directed to a login link.
- They must enter their Application Numbers, Date of Birth, Password, and Security Pin correctly.
- The candidates will now be able to view and download their JEE Main 2021 hall tickets.
- Cross-check all the details on the admit card before downloading it.
Read more: JEE Advanced Admit Card
Details provided in the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can find the below-mentioned details on their JEE Main 2021 admit cards.
|Applicant’s name||Application number|
|Roll number||Father's name|
|Course name||Date of birth|
|State of Eligibility||Candidate's Signature and Photograph|
|PwD Status||Centre Code|
|Test City||Date of Examination|
|Time of Examination (Paper-I / Paper-II / Paper-III)||Candidate’s Parent Signature|
Documents to be carried along with JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
On the day of the exam, the candidate must mandatorily carry the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card. However, it is not the only document which is to be carried. A candidate may also be asked to show a government-issued photo ID, as a valid proof of identity. To be considered admissible to the centre on the date of exam, the candidates must bring the below-listed documents to the venue:
- A Government-issued photo ID (Aadhar Card, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID)
- A recent passport size photograph
- PwD Certificate
Read More: JEE Main Admit Card 2021
JEE Main 2021 Exam Centres
JEE Main 2021 Exam Centres will be based in all the major cities across India. The candidates may choose up to 4 centres where they would prefer to take the exam. NTA will make the best of efforts to allocate the exam centre in the order of preference.
NTA introduced 3 more test centres, which are based in India (Kargil, Ladakh) and overseas centre Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and Abuja/ Lagos in Nigeria
- ID Proof: Candidates must carry a valid photo ID proof along with the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail.
- Authority: The decision of the NTA regarding the allotment of Exam Centre, Date, and Shift shall be final. So no candidate can request a change in the exam centre.
Important Note: Candidates failing to produce a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/Voter ID Card) along with the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card/Hall Ticket to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
Test Practice Centres
To help students prepare for the JEE Main 2021 exam the National Testing Agency (NTA) has set up a network of Test Practice Centres all over India. Students can get familiar with the Computer-Based Test Mode by practising there.
There will be experienced, qualified and professional Nodal officers and staff to help the candidates and clear their doubts.
Read More: JEE Main 2021 Exam Centres.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
Being thorough with the JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern shall give the candidate a strategic advantage. Given below are the various modes in which JEE Main 2021 will be conducted for different courses:
|Course/Programme||Test Type/Subjects Included|
|B.E./B.Tech.||Online, as a computer-based test|
|B.Arch.||Part-I: Mathematics and Part-II: Aptitude Test in Online mode, i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)
Part-III: Drawing Test in Offline mode, i.e., Pen & Paper Based (PBT)
|B.Planning||Part-I: Mathematics, Part-II: Aptitude Test, and Part-III: Planning Based Questions in Computer-based Test (CBT) mode only|
Some of the important facts relevant to the JEE Main Exam Pattern 2021 are given below:
- Question Type: The first and the second paper will have various Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Drawing is a subjective type of paper.
- Topics: The JEE Main Question Paper 2021 will comprise of the following topics:
- Paper-I: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Paper-II: Aptitude Test, Mathematics, and Drawing
- Duration: The candidates will be given 180 minutes to solve the entire JEE Main 2021 question paper.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer, and one mark will be deducted for incorrect answers. For drawing, two questions will be asked for 100 marks.
- Alternative Section: A new pattern has been introduced in the JEE Main 2021 exam; there will be no negative marking in the additional 15 alternative questions. All candidates must attempt 75 questions out of 90, which can be further identified as 25 out of the 30 in each section, i.e., Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Medium/Language: The NTA JEE Main 2021 can now be attempted in 13 different languages, including English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Odiya and Urdu.
Section-wise Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2021 Paper-I (Latest)
|Subjects||Section A||Section B||Marks|
*NOTE: Each subject will have two sections. Section A will be of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) and Section B will contain questions with numerical values as answers. In Section B, candidates will be required to answer any five questions out of 10. Incorrectly attempted questions in section B will not lead to negative marking
Section-wise Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2021 Paper-II
|Part-II: Aptitude Test||50||200|
*NOTE: The paper will contain 20 MCQs, and 5 questions which are numerical value-based. Incorrectly attempted numerical value-based questions will not lead to negative marking.
|Part-II: Aptitude Test||50||200|
*NOTE: 20 questions will be MCQs and 5 questions will have answers to be filled as a numerical value out of 10. There will be no negative marking for the numerical value.
Read More: JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Main 2021 will be based on the subjects and topics from Classes 11 and 12. This is common for both NTA JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Just that the difficulty level of these sections is higher in the JEE Advanced Exam. JEE Mains and Advanced Syllabus 2021 for Paper-I and Paper-II are discussed below:
- Paper-I: Physics, Chemistry (Organic and Inorganic), and Mathematics.
- Paper-II: Aptitude Test, Mathematics, and Drawing. [Aptitude Test is for B.Arch./B.Planning].
The lists below will give an idea about the topics included in each subject.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus for Mathematics
Sequence and Series, Matrices and Determinants, Differential Equations, Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and its simple applications, Limit, Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning.
JEE Main 2021 Physics Syllabus
Physics and Measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational Motion, Laws of Motion, Electronic Devices, Oscillations and Waves, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, and Alternating Currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Kinetic Theory of Gases, etc.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry: Core and Basic concepts in Chemistry, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical Kinetics, States of Matter, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, etc.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of Organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic Compounds containing Halogens, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry, etc.
- Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D and F block elements, Environmental Chemistry, Hydrogen, Block Elements - group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus Aptitude
This section is believed to be more abstract and logical reasoning.
Awareness of places, persons, buildings and materials, Texture and Objects related to Architecture, Visualizing 3D objects from 2D drawings, Visualizing Different sides of 3D Objects, Mental Ability, Analytical Reasoning, Color Texture, Contrast and Harmony, Building Forms and Elements, 3D-Perception, and Appreciation of scale and proportion of objects.
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus for Drawing
Drawing and Designing of geometrical or abstract shapes & patterns in pencil, Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union, Elevation and 3D views of objects rotation, Development of Surfaces and Volumes, Generation of Plan, Creating 2D & 3D compositions using given shapes and forms, and Sketching of activities of urban scenes from memory.
The syllabus gives an idea of the topics that come under that ambit of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. However, the type of questions and methods to solve them are best learned from practice and reference books. It is not just basic questions asked from the above-mentioned topics. The application of the concepts forms a significant part of the exam.
Read more: JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
JEE Main 2021 Reference Books
Candidates are advised to refer to the following books, which are recommended by the conducting authority (NTA) itself, for JEE Main 2021 preparation.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Concepts of Modern Physics (SIE)||Arthur, Sobita Mahajan, and S. Rai Choudhury|
|Understanding the Physics of Electricity & Magnetism||DC Pandey|
|Understanding Physics for JEE Main & JEE Advanced for Waves & Thermodynamics||DC Pandey|
|Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations||RC Mukherjee|
|Organic Chemistry Objective||Arihant|
|Organic Chemistry||Robert Thornton Morrison|
|A Master Resource Book in Chemistry||Sanjay Sharma|
|Maths 12th Grade Text Book||NCERT|
|Maths 10th Grade Text Book||NCERT|
|Mathematical Analysis||G.N. Berman|
|Trigonometry for JEE Main & JEE Advanced||Arihant|
JEE Main is one of the most difficult exams conducted by the NTA agency. The candidates are also advised to take mock tests and go through the question papers of the last 4-5 years.
Read More: JEE Main 2021 Books
JEE Main 2021 Result
The National Testing Agency released the result for JEE Main March 2021 session on March 24, 2021. The latter sessions were postponed due to COVID-19. Candidates can check the results on the official website. The JEE Main 2021 results for the B.Tech./B.E., B.Arch and B.Planning are declared separately. The result will be compiled and normalized for all the sessions once the exam is complete.
The number of candidates appearing for this exam is in millions. The chances of a tie are fairly high. In such situations, NTA considers a candidate's best score in the below-listed subjects, in descending order to determine who ranks higher (in B.E./B.Tech courses).
If the scores in the given subjects are the same, the candidate chooses the given two options to decipher the high ranker.
- Candidates having a lesser number of negative responses in the paper.
- Candidates older in age.
If there's a tie among two B.Arch candidates, the following criteria in the descending order help in determining who ranks higher:
- Aptitude Test
- Drawing Test
- Candidates having a lesser number of negative responses in the paper
- Candidates older in age
Percentile Scores: This score is based on the relative performance of all those who appear for the examination. For all the sessions, the marks obtained in the JEE Main exam are transformed into a scale that ranges from 100 to 0. The formula for calculating the percentile score can be found below:
[100*Number of Candidates Appearing in a Session with the Raw Score Equal To or Less than the Candidate] / Total Number of Candidates Appearing in a Session
Re-evaluation/ Re-checking: Any requests made from the end of the candidates, to re-check or re-evaluate the JEE Main 2021 result will not be entertained.
Read More: JEE Main 2021 Result
JEE Main 2021 Cut Off
Candidates who qualify the JEE Main exam can apply for admission to various colleges that accept the JEE Main scores, or appear for the JEE Advanced which will be held later in the year. The cut off for this exam will be released along with the result, by the conducting authority, NTA, on the official website of JEE Main 2021. Candidates can check the same by logging into the designated portal.
Read more: JEE Main Cut Off 2021
JEE Main 2021 Counselling
Candidates who clear the JEE Main 2021 successfully will be called to participate in the counselling rounds. The aspirants can take admission into any of the institutions such as NITs, IIITs, and CFTIs for the B.E, B.Tech, B.Planning and other offered courses, based on their respective All India Ranking (AIR).
It is important for the candidates to meet the eligibility conditions laid out by the institute that they want admission in. They should have secured a minimum of 75% marks in their 12th standard board examination, or be one among the top 20 percentile in their All India Senior School Certificate Examination or equivalent.
The admission process for each institute shall vary from the other. Hence, candidates must visit the JoSAA/ CSAB or the concerned state university website for updates regarding counselling. Before applying for the counselling, it is important for the applicants to understand the ranking system and the dual allotment system.
Seat Allocation Procedure
Aspirants are offered admission by following the JEE Main 2021 seat allocation procedure. They will be given seats based on their AIR ranks, as well as their choice of courses. To choose a program, the candidates have to visit the concerned institute's website regularly and make their choices within the stipulated time.
The document verification process is an important part of the JEE Main counselling. It aims to check the below-listed particulars:
- Qualifying examination
- State of eligibility,
- Category and disability (if any)
Candidates have to produce the below tabulated documents at the time of JoSAA 2021 registration:
|3 Passport size photographs in white background||Provisional Seat Allotment Letter|
|Class XII Performance Check||Proof of Fee Payment (Receipt)|
|Admit Card of JEE (Mains and Advanced)||Scorecard of JEE (Mains and Advanced)|
|Class X Marks Sheet||Class XII Marks Sheet|
|Medical Certificate||Category Certificate (if applicable)|
|Registration cum locked choices for the seat allotment||DS certificate (if applicable)|
|Passport of the students and parents (if applicable)||--|
Read more: JEE Main 2021 Counselling
JEE Main 2021 Courses Offered
Clearing JEE Main 2021 will help a student pursue different engineering degree programs in various engineering colleges. For IITs, after JEE Mains, a candidate must clear JEE Advanced to be eligible for admission. For other colleges such as the NITs, IIITs, and GFTIs including various other institutions, JEE Main 2021 scores along with Class 12 board marks are the educational criterion to be met for admission. The table below shows the important courses offered through the JEE Main exam. Specializations under each of these courses vary among colleges.
|Engineering||BE (Bachelor of Engineering)|
|B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology)|
|Architecture||B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture)|
|B.Plan (Bachelor of Planning)|
JEE Main 2021 Preparation Tips
Given below are pointers to enhance the preparatory efforts for the JEE Main 2021 Exam:
- Know your syllabus thoroughly.
- Understand the exam pattern and the topics included.
- Make a realistic timetable and map out a preparation plan
- Invest in quality reference material and practice books. Coaching centres can help with gathering information and adequate guidance.
- Practice until you are perfect using mock tests and previous year's papers available.
- Do not neglect your health and well-being, they are important too. Rest well and eat well.
- For your exam day strategy, try to keep calm and focused, go according to a plan that is the most time-efficient for you.
JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
The provisional answer key for the March session of JEE Main 2021 was released on March 20, 2021. NTA accepted the objections against it till March 22, 2021. The final answer key has been released on March 24, 2021. To view the answer key, candidates can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the official website - jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Locate the 'News & Events' column on the homepage.
- Find 'JEE (Main) 2021 Final Answer Key', and click on it.
- The PDF file containing the answer key will open up in a new tab.
- The candidates can download this file and preserve it for further reference.
Click for more information on the JEE Main 2021 Answer Key.
JEE Main Helpdesk
For any doubts or queries, candidates can contact the concerned authorities using the details given below.
Address for correspondence
Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62,
Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida -201309 (UP)
HelpLine: For Technical Support, you can contact only during working days between 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
JEE Main 2021 Helpline Number: 0120-6895200
Official Website: jeemain.nta.nic.in
When will JEE Mains 2021 be held?
The dates for JEE Mains 2021 are mentioned below. JEE Main 2021 February Session Exam Dates - February 23 to February 26, 2021 JEE Main 2021 March Session Exam Dates - March 15, 2021 to March 18, 2021 JEE Main 2021 April Session Exam Dates - April 27, 2021 to April 30, 2021 JEE Main 2021 May Session Exam Dates - May 24, 2021 to May 28, 2021 Visit JEE Main Important Dates for detailed information.
Will JEE Mains 2021 be postponed?
No, JEE Main exam has commenced in February and will conclude in May, 2021. The candidates have been advised to take all necessary COVID-19 precautions while appearing for the exam.
How many questions are there in JEE Mains?
JEE main will have 90 questions to be answered. Out of these 90, 60 will be MCQs whereas rest will be non-MCQ type questions.Candidates can read more about JEE Main Exam Pattern.
How many students registered for JEE Mains 2021?
According to NTA, 6.6 lakh candidates appeared for JEE Main in 2021 for Phase 1. Approximately, 20 lakh candidates applied for the exam.
How many times JEE Mains conducted in a year?
Starting 2021, JEE Main is beeing conducted 4 times a year. It will be held in February, March, April and May.
What should be the pincode in the address section if the candidate is a foreign national?
If the candidate is not a resident of India, he/she must enter 000000 in the pincode field.
Will papers 2A and 2B also be held four times a year?
No, the candidates must note that they can only attempt paper 2A and 2B in the February and May sessions. It involves a drawing test, which is conducted in offline mode.
How will the student get the important updates about JEE Main 2021?
A student will have to register with his/her active mobile number and email ID. He/she will then receive important updates about JEE Main 2021 on the registered mobile number and email ID.
How many languages will JEE Main be conducted in?
JEE Main will be conducted in English, Hindi, and Gujarati. From January 2021, JEE Main can be attempted in at least 11 languages which include English, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Odiya, Telugu, Tamil, and Urdu.
Joint Entrance Exam Main [JEE Main]
Joint Entrance Exam Main [JEE Main]
Did JEE Main get postponed?