Lovely Professional University (LPU) offers UG, PG, PhD programs under various disciplines. The ones seeking admission can appear for LPU NEST, the entrance exam conducted by LPU. Find all the important information related to this exam, such as the important dates, eligibility criteria, courses offered, etc, on this page.
The next schedule for exams shall commence on Sep 4, 2021, and end on Sep 30, 2021. The registrations for the same are being accepted now, the last date to register is Sep 25, 2021.
- What is LPUNEST?
- LPUNEST 2021 Exam Date
- LPUNEST 2021 Eligibility
- LPUNEST 2021 Application Process
- LPUNEST 2021 Application Form
- LPUNEST 2021 Exam Pattern
- LPUNEST 2021 Syllabus
- LPUNEST 2021 Admit Card
- LPUNEST 2021 Exam Centres
- LPUNEST 2021 Result
- LPUNEST 2021 Cutoff
- LPUNEST 2021 Counselling
- LPUNEST 2021 Reference Books
- LPUNEST Preparation Tips
- Contact Details
What is LPUNEST?
The Full form of LPUNEST is Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test. LPU is a private and one of the largest university located in Jalandhar, Punjab, India which was established in 2005 by Lovely International Trust under The Lovely Professional University Act, 2005. LPU offers a scholarship for students who are aspiring to study in one of the courses offered at the University.
Courses Offered: LPUNEST 2021 is a university level entrance exam inducted in the year 2009 for residential admissions into the Engineering, Management, Law, Design, Agriculture, Hotel Management & many other courses at Lovely Professional University.
Approvals: It also holds approvals from Punjab Pollution Control Board (PPCB) and Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL) for its campus.
Mode: The LPU NEST 2021 is conducted only through online mode, as a Computer Based Test (CBT).
Frequency: The LPUNEST 2021 is conducted only once a year, in two schedules.
International Tie-ups: The Lovely Professional University having several international tie-ups with many Universities and to name a few are the University of Iowa, University of East London, University of Missouri, California State University, Otterbein University, Murdoch University, Jonkoping University, etc.
Scholarships: It provides scholarships worth over 7.5 lakhs (for a 5-year course) for deserving candidates.
|Exam Name||LPU NEST|
|Full Form||Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test|
|Conducting Body||Lovely Professional University (LPU)|
|Exam Level||National Level Examination|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate, Postgraduation and Ph.D. programmes|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode (Computer Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
Toll Free: 1800 102 4431
Toll Free: 1800 274 0615
LPUNEST 2021 Exam Date
The registrations for LPUNEST 2021 are ongoing. The last date to apply for the exam is Sep 25, 2021. Candidates are advised to start their Slot Booking from Sep 1, 2021, and not wait until the last moment. For more details regarding the exam dates of LPUNEST, candidates can visit LPUNEST 2021 Exam Dates.
|Registration start date||Sep 1, 2021|
|Registration last date||Sep 25, 2021|
|Slot booking for online examination||
Up to 27th September 2021. Candidates can opt for any preferred LPUNEST exam slot within 3-10 days from the date of filling the application form. ( for e.g if the candidate wish to appear for the exam on 25th September, he/she must apply and book the slot on or before 22nd September 2021
|LPUNEST 2021 exam dates||All courses - Sep 4, 2021 to Sep 30, 2021|
|LPUNEST 2021 result date||Within 24 hours of conduct of exam|
|Date of interview||For MBA Programmes including (Integrated BBA-MBA)-
Sep 4, 2021 to Sep 30, 2021
|Result for Interview||Within 2 days after the conduct of the Interview|
LPUNEST 2021 Eligibility
The Lovely Professional University offers admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Therefore, the eligibility of candidates depends on the course which they are applying for. Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for the LPUNEST 2021 exam.
Eligibility for various UG courses
Applicants should have either completed or should be appearing in 2021 in the final examination of 10+2 from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or they should be appearing for the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Institution, college. These institutions must be recognized by the Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi, or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Eligibility for B.Tech
- The qualifying candidates must have secured minimum aggregate marks of 60% in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics, and English) subject to qualifying the LPUNEST (B.Tech).
- There is 5% relaxation to North-East states and Sikkim candidates/ Defence Personnel and their Dependents/ Wards of Kashmiri Migrants as far as passing marks in qualifying exam are concerned.
- There 10% relaxation to outstanding Sports Persons (i.e. A/A+ category as per Sports Scholarship) as far as passing marks in the qualifying exam is concerned, Subject to verification from the selection committee of the University. The selection committee must comprise Head (DSW), Director Sports, Deputy Director Sports, Concerned Coach and VC Nominee.
We have only mentioned a few details about the eligibility criteria. You can visit our LPUNEST 2021 Eligibility Criteria section to get full details about the criteria for the course you want.
LPUNEST 2021 Application Process
The Lovely Professional University had started the application from January 2021 on the official website. Candidates have to fill in the LPUNEST 2021 Application Form Details and proofread it before submitting. Aspirants can go through the following sections to get familiarised with the application process.
How to apply for LPUNEST Online?
Applicants should understand the LPUNEST application process carefully. Candidates can follow these steps to register themselves for the LPUNEST 2021 exam.
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates can register by visiting the official website i.e. nest.lpu.in.
- Provide all necessary details such as names, email IDs, date of birth, and valid mobile number after which registration ID will be generated and sent to their registered email ID.
Step 2: Payment of Application Fee
- After successful registration for the LPUNEST 2021, candidates can proceed with the payment of the application fee.
- The modes of paying the application fee are online using net banking, credit, or debit card.
Step 3: Filling of Online Application Form
- Post completion of application fee payment, candidates must fill all personal, academic, and contact details in the application form.
- Candidates must preview all details provided in the application form. In case the form is incomplete or incorrect then the application will be rejected.
Step 4: Uploading of Scanned Documents
- Candidates can proceed to the next steps that are to upload the scanned images of the documents after filling the details in the application form.
- Candidates should upload scanned copies of the photograph, birth certificate/Aadhaar card, and certificate of the qualifying exam as per the specifications mentioned by the university.
Step 5: Submission of Application Form
- After successfully uploading the required documents, candidates have to finally submit the application form of LPUNEST 2021 by clicking on a button given at the last of the form.
- Candidates must print a copy of the filled application form for future reference.
LPUNEST 2021 Application Form
The application forms have been released on the official website on Sep 1, 2021. The same can be filled till Sep 25, 2021. The fee, which has to be paid for a successful application, is as follows:
|Category||Cost of Application Form||Cost of Offline Application Form|
|Boys||INR 500||INR 500|
|Girls||INR 250||INR 500|
Once they have finished filling in LPUNEST 2021 Application Form details, they will have to pay the application fee. Candidates can pay the fee online only through Netbanking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
The candidates without the online internet facility can get the application form (and the LPUNEST Kit) by visiting the University Campus or any other prescribed place by paying cash.
Photograph and Signature: The candidate should have a recent photo taken against a white background. The size of the photo should be 10 Kb to 100 Kb. And candidates should have a scanned copy of their signature. They have to remember that the signature should be consistent throughout the admission process else they will be subjected to rejection.
Documents Required for LPUNEST Application Form
The official authorities at LPU require certain documents for verification purposes. The various documents that candidates require while applying for the LPUNEST 2021 exam are mentioned below:
- Marksheet of Class 10th and 12th.
- Valid Mobile Number and Email ID.
- Payment options like Debit card/Credit card/Net banking/Demand Draft.
- Scanned copy of the candidate's signature.
- A recent passport size photograph against a white background.
LPUNEST 2021 Exam Pattern
LPU conducts the LPU NEST exam as an online exam. The exam pattern will depend on paper which will depend on the course the candidate has applied for. Applicants can understand the structure and design of the LPUNEST question paper by going through the exam pattern carefully. Here we have mentioned the exam pattern for B.Tech, MBA and Law exams.
LPUNEST Exam Pattern for B.Tech
LPUNEST 2021 online proctored Exam for B. Tech consists of 95 MCQs which should be attempted within the time duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes or 90 minutes. Candidates will get less than a minute to attempt each question. So candidates have to use the time efficiently. LPU NEST 2021 exam will be conducted for a total of 270 marks. Marks distribution is as follows:
|Name||Courses for Test||Test Scheme||No. of questions||Marks (subject)||MM||Time|
|LPUNEST-2021 (B.Tech)||Physics||Physics, Chemistry, English, Maths or Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology
||Physics: 20 Questions (All MCQs)(4 marks each)||80||270 Marks||90 Minutes|
|Mathematics||Mathematics: 20 Questions (All MCQs) (4 marks each)||80|
|Chemistry||Chemistry: 20 Questions (All MCQs) (4 marks each)||80|
|Biology||Biology: 20 Questions (All MCQs) (4 marks each)||80|
|English||English: 15 Questions (All MCQs) (2 marks each)||30|
LPUNEST Exam Pattern for LLM exam
LPUNEST LLM online proctored test will have 160 MCQs. The exam duration is 120 minutes (2 hours). The marks distribution for this paper is as follows:
|Name||Courses for Test||Test Scheme||No. of questions||Marks (subject)||MM||Time|
|LPUNEST -2021 (LL.M)||English||All compulsory||English: 40 Questions (1 mark each)||40||160 Marks||120 Minutes|
|Constitutional Law||Constitutional Law: 40 Questions (1 mark each)||40|
|Jurisprudence||Jurisprudence: 40 Questions (1 mark each)||40|
|Other Law Subjects||Other Law subjects: 40 Questions (1 mark each)||40|
LPUNEST Exam Pattern MBA exam
LPUNEST MBA online proctored test will have 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ). The time duration of the exam is 150 minutes. Each correct answer fetches +3 marks and there is no penalty for incorrect or unattempted responses. The marks distribution for this paper is as follows:
|Name||Subjects||No of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|LPUNEST 2021 - MBA||English||40||120||150 Minutes|
LPUNEST 2021 Syllabus
The LPUNEST is an exam that is conducted to offer admissions into various Undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Therefore, the LPUNEST 2021 Syllabus that a candidate should concentrate on depends on the course which he/she is applying for. Applicants are advised to go through the course syllabus carefully and cover all the mentioned topics during the preparation process.
Syllabus for B.Tech: Topics are related to subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, and English. Candidates must go through the class 10th and class 12th syllabus.
Previous Year Paper/Sample Paper: Candidates can refer to the previous year question papers to get a clear idea of the syllabus, exam pattern, and marking scheme.
Other Courses: If you are applying for other courses then the syllabus will be related to the course which you are applying for. LPUNEST Syllabus will also depend on the qualifying or qualifying exam.
LPUNEST 2021 concentrates most on the students' strengths in the 11th and 12th syllabus. It puts to test the subject understanding of the candidates on how well he/she understands the studied or given syllabus. Candidates can find the LPUNEST syllabus here.
LPUNEST 2021 Admit Card
LPU, the conducting authority of LPUNEST will release the admit card on the official website. The candidate has to keep their admit card in his/her possession throughout the admission process. Candidates can download their admit cards by entering their credentials. A copy of the LPUNEST 2021 Admit Card will be mailed to the candidate's mail ID provided during registration.
How to download LPUNEST Admit Card?
The official authorities at LPU release admit cards on the university website. Once the admit card is released, candidates can download them by following the steps given below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of LPUNEST 2021.
- Step 2: Click on the “LPUNEST” icon.
- Step 3: Login using your credentials which are User ID and Password.
- Step 4: Click on submit. LPUNEST 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of the Admit Card in the A4 size sheet.
Details on the LPUNEST admit card
Details mentioned on the LPUNEST admit card is very important. Applicants should carefully go through the details mentioned on the LPUNEST admit card. Candidates can find the below-mentioned details on the LPUNEST 2021 admit card.
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- Date of Birth
- Candidate's photograph
- Test centre address
- Exam date and Slot time
- Course Name
- Exam instructions
LPUNEST 2021 Exam Centres
Exam centres are spread across 200 cities with nearly 140 exam centres. The exam centre can be selected by the candidates at the time of filling the LPUNEST application form. The candidate can choose the centre which is comfortable and convenient. LPU NEST 2021 can be attended either in English or Hindi.
The candidates are advised to read the article on LPUNEST Exam Centres before filling the application form. This will be beneficial for them in spotting the centre closest to their location.
Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Lovely Professional University is offering candidates to appear for LPUNEST 2021 using remotely proctored online exams by staying at home. The exam can be attempted if the candidate has a laptop or an Android-based smart mobile phone with proper good internet connectivity of 1 Mbps.
LPUNEST 2021 Results
The results will be declared within 24 hours after the exam is taken by the candidate on the official university portal. LPUNEST 2021 Result will be announced on the Lovely Professional University official website in PDF format. Candidates can take a printout for future reference. Candidates can check the LPU results as mentioned in the steps below.
How to check LPUNEST 2021 Results?
The LPUNEST result is announced on the official website by the organizing team of LPUNEST. Applicants can check the results by following the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of LPUNEST 2021 and click on the 'View Results' icon.
- Step 2: Enter your valid credentials, which are the LPUNEST 2021 application form number. Click on the ‘View Result’ tab.
- Step 3: Click on the submit button and you can view your LPUNEST 2021 result.
- Step 4: Take a printout of the LPUNEST 2021 result for future reference.
Details mentioned on LPUNEST 2021 Scorecard
Applicants should carefully check the details mentioned on the LPUNEST scorecard. The scorecard of LPUNEST contains the following information.
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Course name
- Composite score
- Sectional score
- Overall Marks obtained
LPUNEST 2021 Cut Off
LPUNEST Cut Off 2021 is the minimum score that the candidate must score to be eligible for admission to Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test.
The LPUNEST Cut Off 2021 marks for B.Tech courses can be judged based on the previous year's cutoffs. Candidates will also be the scholarships that score more than or equal to the cutoff marks.
Factors Determining LPUNEST Cut Off 2021
The following factors are considered while evaluating the LPUNEST Cut Off.
- The minimum marks are set by the University and are based on a number of factors.
- The number of candidates, number of vacant seats, average performance in the entrance test, and last year’s cut off.
- After the cut-off is declared, a Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ score on the entrance test.
LPUNEST 2020 Cut Off Jalandhar
The table below represents the LPUNEST Cut Off 2020 for NATA, JEE is tabulated below:
|NATA||NATA Qualified [As per 2020]|
|JEE (Main) Paper-II Architecture||80 percentile|
LPUNEST 2021 Counselling
The counselling and admission process of Lovely Professional University (LPU) will be conducted in online mode only for the year 2021. Based on the LPUNEST 2021 merit list, the candidates will be called for the LPUNEST 2021 Counselling Process. Allotment of the seats is based on the candidate’s ranking in the LPUNEST 2021 exam, preferences, and availability of the seats.
Documents Required during LPUNEST 2021 Counselling
Candidates are required to bring the following documents at the time of the LPUNEST 2021 counselling process.
- 10th Marksheet
- 12th Marksheet and Pass Certificate
- LPUNEST 2021 Admit Card
- LPUNEST 2021 Scorecard
- Any Photo identity or Government ID proof such as Aadhar, Pan Card, Driving License, Passport etc.
- Caste Certificate (If any)
- Birth Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Passport size photograph
LPUNEST 2021 Reference Books
Candidates aspiring to take admission in the Lovely Professional University (LPU) must learn and practice questions from good reference books. Since there are many courses under LPUNEST, each course has its own syllabus and reference books. The list of reference books for candidates preparing for LPUNEST 2021 is given below.
- NCERT Textbook for Class 11th and 12th (PCMB)
- Concepts of Physics(Volume 1 and 2) by HC Verma
- RD Sharma's Mathematics Class 11th and 12
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Universal’s CLAT Guide
- Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
- NIFT, NID & IIFT Entrance Exam Guide By D Mittal
- General Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning
- General Aptitude Theory and Practice by Anand Kumar and Ajay Kumar
- How To Prepare For CAT by Arun Sharma (All 3 Books - VARC/DILR/QA)
LPUNEST Preparation Tips
To prepare well for the exam and to score good marks, candidates must have a well-planned schedule. Candidates can refer to the preparation strategies to be followed before the exam. Some of these are listed below.
- Make a proper schedule
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the exam syllabus and pattern.
- Solve previous years' question papers to know the pattern of question papers.
- Attempt mock tests to manage time effectively.
- Make short notes for the important topics.
- Do a quick revision before the exam and study at least 8-10 hours per day.
For the LPUNEST 2021 exam and admission-related queries, candidates can contact the below-given address and phone number.
Official Website: www.nest.lpu.in
Address:Lovely Professional University,Jalandhar - Delhi G.T. Road,Phagwara, Punjab (India) - 144411
Contact: +911824517000, +911824404404
What are the courses offered through LPUNEST 2020?
LPUNEST offer courses from various streams such as Engineering, Management, Law, Design, Agriculture, Hotel Management, Pharmacy, Medical, and much more.
What is the Application Fee for LPUNEST 2020?
The application fee for LPUNEST kit and the application form is as follows: Cost of Application Form and Soft Copy of LPUNEST Kit For Boys - INR 800 For Girls - INR 500 Cost of Application Form and Printed LPUNEST Kit For Boys - INR 1000 For Girls - INR 700
How can I retrieve back my login credentials in case I forget?
If you forget your login password, you can click on forgot password link on the official website and enter your registered email id to retrieve back your password.
What is the eligibility criteria for B.Tech through LPUNEST?
The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Mathematics, and English as a mandatory subject with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized board of education.
When is the last date to fill LPUNEST 2020 Application Form?
The registration for LPUNEST 2020 started from June 2, 2020, and the last date to submit the filled Application Form is extended until July 15, 2020, for June and July schedule Phase II Exam.
What are the subjects covered in LPUNEST 2020?
The LPUNEST 2020 consist of topics from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, and English which will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ\'s)
On what basis are the cutoff being calculated in LPUNEST 2020?
The cut-off will be calculated based on the Number of Candidates, Number of Vacant Seats, Average Performance LPUNEST, and Last year’s cut off.
What is the counselling process of LPUNEST 2020?
The counselling for LPUNEST 2020 will be conducted online. At the first stage, the candidate documents will be verified and then the preferred seats will be allotted based on the marks secured in qualifying examination based on category.