JCECE is an annual entrance exam to admit qualifying students to various courses. JCECE offers admission in a multitude of courses from Engineering, Law, and Medicine. This is conducted as a state-level entrance examination. All details about the application, important dates, exam pattern, counselling, etc are given below.
- What is JCECE?
- JCECE 2021 Exam Date
- JCECE 2021 Eligibility
- JCECE 2021 Application Form
- JCECE 2021 Admit Card
- JCECE 2021 Exam Centres
- JCECE 2021 Exam Pattern
- JCECE 2021 Syllabus
- JCECE 2021 Reference Books
- JCECE 2021 Result
- JCECE 2021 Cut off
- JCECE 2021 Answer Key
- JCECE 2021 Counselling
- JCECE 2021 Courses Offered
- JCECE 2021 Helpdesk
What is JCECE?
The full form of JCECE is Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. JCECE is an Entrance Exam for getting admission into undergraduate professional courses related with Engineering, Medical & Agriculture. Eligible candidates can seek admission in government & private affiliated colleges, through the JCECE board. It is a state-entrance exam organized for candidates who want to take admission in Jharkhand. Candidates must remember that to secure admission in these courses, they have to secure minimum qualifying marks in the JCECE. Admission to all the programs is strictly based on academic merit.
JCECE 2021 Highlights
The JCECE is conducted by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (J.C.E.C.E.B.) under the Government of Jharkhand. The exam is conducted once a year, usually in May or June and results are expected to be released by the end of June.
|Full-Form||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Conducting Authority||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (J.C.E.C.E.B.) under the Government of Jharkhand|
|Level||State Level Examination|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Courses||B.Tech, B.V.Sc. and A.H and Forestry|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Questions/ Objective Type|
JCECE 2021 Important Dates
Generally, the JCECE is conducted in offline mode only i.e. Paper Based Test. The JCECE 2021 will be conducted in June (tentative). The official dates of the JCECE 2021 are yet to be released. Below mentioned are the tentative dates of some of the important events related to the JCECE 2021.
|Availability of JCECE 2021 Application Form||May 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the JCECE 2021 Application Form||4th week of May 2021|
|JCECE 2021 Admit Card Date||2nd week of June 2021|
|JCECE 2021 Exam Date||3rd week of June 2021|
|Release of JCECE 2021 Answer Key||3rd week of June 2021|
|JCECE 2021 Result Date||4th week of June 2021|
|JCECE 2021 Counselling Date||1st week of July 2021|
The subject-wise timing and duration of the JCECE 2021 are as follows:
|Biology||09:00 AM to 10:00 AM||1 Hour|
|Physics and Chemistry||10:15 AM to 12:15 PM||2 Hour|
|Mathematics||12:30 PM to 01:30 PM||1 Hour|
The group-wise timing is as follows:
|PCM Group||10:15 AM to 01:30 PM|
|PCB Group||09:00 AM to 12:15 PM|
|PCMB Group||09:00 AM to 01:30 PM|
JCECE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Only the candidates who satisfy JCECE 2021 Eligibility Criteria can apply for the exam. The authority has the right to reject the application form of those candidates who don't abide by the preset eligibility criteria. So candidates must ensure that they are meeting all the requirements as specified by the exam authority.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be a local/permanent resident in the State of Jharkhand to be eligible for the JCECE.
- The candidates should belong to the below-mentioned age groups. The age criteria for each course may vary.
|Course Name||Age Limit|
|B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry||Completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 2021|
|Other Courses||Completed 17 years of age on July 1, 2021 and should not exceed 22 years of age|
- Academic Qualification: Course specific academic eligibility for various courses are as listed below:
B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects from any recognized board.
B.Sc (Hons) Forestry/Agriculture
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) as core subjects from any recognized board.
B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with PCB/ PCM/ PCBM/ PC Forestry /Agriculture from any recognized board.
B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering/ Dairy Technology)
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) from any recognized board.
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics/ Biology & Mathematics or Inter(Agriculture) from any recognized board.
Note: Candidates should also produce a local or permanent residential certificate of Jharkhand State issued by a verified authority at the time of the JCECE 2021 counselling process.
JCECE 2021 Application Form
The JCECE 2021 Application Form is available online on the official website. The application form will not be available in any other mode. Interested candidates can complete the entire application process online. There is a mandatory application fee.
JCECE 2021 Application Process
At the time of filling the JCECE 2021 application form, the candidates will have to first register as a new user. The candidates can follow the steps given below to complete the JCECE 2021 Application process.
Registration and form-filling
- Candidates must first visit the official website of JCECE.
- On the homepage of the website, click on "All Online Application Submission - JCECEB 2021". After clicking, candidates will be redirected to a new page.
- A list of different examinations by the JCECEB will be shown on the page. Click on JCECE 2021 and then select new user registration.
- Read all the instructions mentioned and then fill out the entire details such as Subject group, Candidate's Name, Parent's Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Aadhar number, and Exam City.
- Click on submit at the bottom, and a pop-up screen will appear which mentions your Application/Login ID and Password (Date of Birth). Candidates will have to use these credentials to log in again.
Educational and communication details
- The next step after creating the login ID is to fill out the educational details.
- Candidates are required to fill in details such as pass status, year of passing, board name, obtained marks and total marks, roll number, and name of the institute. Then click on submit.
- After submitting the education details, candidates now have to enter their communication addresses and contact number. They must provide an address, email ID, and phone number.
- Read and click on the declaration box shown below and submit.
Create a password and upload documents
- Candidates need to provide a new password along with a security question and save it.
- The next step involves uploading the documents. Candidates have to upload a recent passport size photograph, signature, and left thumb impression. Submit the documents after successfully uploading the documents.
- A review page will be opened where candidates can check the details provided by them. In case of any error in the JCECE 2021 application form, the candidate can edit and rectify it. Then click on "Proceed to Payment" for paying the application fee.
The last step involves paying the JCECE 2021 application form fee. The fee details will be displayed based on the category of the student.
- Candidates can pay the application form through a credit or debit card. Enter the details and the payment will be transferred to the JCECEB.
- After successful payment of the application fee, candidates can take the printout of the completed application form for future use.
JCECE 2021 Exam Pattern
The JCECE 2021 Exam Pattern will follow a similar pattern just like the previous years. There are 3 groups of candidates in the examination based on the subjects they choose - PCM, PCB, and PCMB. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern of JCECE given below.
|Paper Language||English and Hindi (Bilingual)|
|Subject Groups||PCM, PCB and PCMB|
|Mode of Examination||Offline - Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration of the exam||
Physics and Chemistry - 2 Hours
Mathematics - 1 Hour
Biology - 1 Hour
|Types of Question||Objective Type (Four options with the single correct answer)|
|Total Questions||50 questions per subject|
|Total Marks||150 (PCM/PCB) 200 (PCMB)|
+1 Mark for Correct answer
-0.25 Mark deduction for Incorrect answer
JCECE 2021 Syllabus
The JCECE 2021 question paper will be based on class 11th and class 12th CBSE syllabus. The JCECE 2021 Syllabus comprises 4 subjects with topics related to Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology.
JCECE 2021 Syllabus: Important Topics
These are some of the important topics from the above-mentioned subjects that candidates must be aware of and study for:
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Current Electricity
- Chemical Kinetics
- “p” Block Elements
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- 3D and Vectors
- Complex Numbers
- Quadratic Equation
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Ecology and Environment
JCECE 2021 Reference Books
Selecting the correct books is the first step towards preparing well for JCECE. Candidates can refer to the tips mentioned below to make sure they buy the best books that will help them ace the JCECE 2021.
- Verify the date of publication and edition of the book: Candidates should buy books that have the most up-to-date material.
- Purchase books of well-known and authentic authors: Renowned author’s books are less likely to have inauthentic or fabricated information.
- Gather insights from coaching institutions: Coaching institutions are well-equipped to recommend you material that is beneficial for your preparation.
- Buy books that have previous year’s question papers attached to them. This can strengthen your preparation.
JCECE 2021 Admit Card
The applicants can download the JCECE 2021 Admit Card from the official website of the JCECE. Candidates must carry the JCECE 2021 admit card to the exam centre along with valid ID proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN card, Voter's ID, Passport, Driving License. Those candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to write the JCECE 2021 exam.
How to Download JCECE 2021 Admit Card?
The admit card can be downloaded online from the official website. The official date of release of the admit card is yet to be notified. The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the JCECE 2021 admit card from the official website:
- Visit the official website of the JCECE (jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in)
- On the homepage of the website, click the JCECE 2021 admit card tab.
- Candidates will be redirected to a new page where they will need to enter the JCECE 2021 application form number, password, and security pin.
- Then Click on "Sign in".
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must download the admit card and take a printout of it.
JCECE 2021 Exam Centres
The JCECE is a State level entrance exam. Therefore, it is conducted in the cities of Jharkhand only. Generally, the applicants can choose any two centres from the list to appear for this exam and the board will decide the final allotment of the centre. The test time and venue will be printed on the JCECE 2021 admit card. The exam authority will conduct the JCECE 2021 exam in the following cities of Jharkhand:
JCECE 2021 Answer Key
Jharkhand Common Entrance Competitive Exam Board will release the JCECE 2021 answer key on its official website. With the help of the JCECE 2021 answer key, candidates can evaluate their scores in the qualifying exam. For calculation of the marks, they have to cross-check their answers with the answers provided in the JCECE 2021 answer key. In case the candidates find any discrepancies, they can raise objections against the answer key. For that, they have to pay a prerequisite amount in favor of the authority and submit valid proof against that answer. If the objection raised is correct then the authority will refund the fee that was charged to the candidates. The authority will publish the final answer key after checking the objections. Candidates can download the answer key from the official website (jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in).
JCECE 2021 Results
The JCECE board will evaluate the answer sheets and declare the JCECE 2021 Results on the official website of JCECEB.
The scorecard will have both the subject-wise score and also the total score obtained by the candidate, along with the rank secured by the candidate in the entrance exam. The JCECE board will release both the combined merit list and the category-wise list on its official website.
The candidates should take the printout of the JCECE scorecard, as they will need it at the time of counselling and during admission formalities.
JCECE Scorecard Details
The scorecard of JCECE contains the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number
- Registration Number
- Overall Rank
- Total Percentile
JCECE 2021 Cut off
The JCECE cut off is the minimum rank that a candidate has to score to get admission into any course offered through JCECE.
The rank list will be released after the announcement of the JCECE 2021 results. If some candidates have scored the required marks based on the course they have applied for, the ranks will be evaluated.
JCECE Selection Process
Given below is the outline of the JCECE selection process.
- There will be a minimum cut off mark for every course.
- The candidates who have obtained the rank that is eligible for admission will be called for the counselling process.
- Only the candidates who satisfy all the eligibility criteria will be given admission to the courses they have applied for.
JCECE 2021 Counselling
The JCECE board will be preparing a merit list for the candidates based on the JCECE 2021 results. This merit list will contain the candidates' names who are eligible to attend the JCECE 2021 Counselling Process. The counselling will be conducted in two rounds. If seats remain vacant in the first round, there will be a second round to fill them. Document verification will be done on the day of counselling and it requires candidates to get all the original documents for verification.
Documents that will be needed on the day of counselling
These are the documents required for counselling.
- Marksheets and admit cards of class 10 and 12
- JCECE Admit Card
- JCECE Scorecard
- Local Residency Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Passport size photo
JCECE 2021 Courses Offered
JCECE is conducted for three different groups i.e. PCM for Engineering, PCB for Veterinary courses, and PCMB for both Engineering and Medical groups. The following are the courses offered through JCECE:
|PCM Group||The candidates who have qualified or are appearing for class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and want to appear for JCECE 2021 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry/ B.Sc. Forestry/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture/ B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B.tech. (Dairy Technology)|
|PCB Group||The candidates who have qualified or are appearing for class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and want to appear for JCECE 2021 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture/ B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
|PCMB Group||The candidates who have qualified or are appearing for class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as well as Mathematics as an extra subject, and want to appear for JCECE 2021 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture/ B.Sc. (Hons.)Forestry/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B.tech. (Dairy Technology)/ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
Top colleges accepting JCECE 2021 scores
Here's a list of some of the engineering colleges that accept JCECE score:
|Cambridge Institute of Technology, Ranchi||RVS College of Engineering and Technology|
|Ramgovind Institute of Technology||KK College of Engineering and Management|
|National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology||BIT, Sindri|
If the candidates have any queries related to JCECE Exam they can contact the official conducting authority.
Address: Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board,
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum, Ranchi [Jharkhand]
E-mail: [email protected]
Can the candidates from other states also apply for JCECE examination?
No, JCECE examination is conducted for local and permanent residents of Jharkhand only.
How can I crack the JCECE examination and secure 80+ marks?
The best way to score good marks and crack JCECE examination is to practice the previous year question papers. Candidates will get an idea about the pattern and the type of questions asked. They will understand the strengths and weaknesses in few topics and subjects. Candidates must have good knowledge of Class 11th and 12th topics and master each concepts.
Is the JCECE application form fee refundable?
No, candidates must note that the JCECE application form fee is non refundable. Once the form has been submitted by the candidate, he/she cannot ask for the refund at any cost.
Is it necessary to submit a copy of the Application Form to the board?
No, there is no need for the candidates to submit Application Form to the board.
What are the various subject groups in JCECE exam?
There are a total of 3 subject groups in JCECE examination. They are PCM, PCB and PCMB.