Looking forward to doing courses related to Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, Architecture in Jharkhand? JCECE is a state-level entrance exam conducted for the local and permanent residents of Jharkhand. This exam is usually conducted in June every year.
- What is JCECE?
- JCECE 2020 Exam Date
- JCECE 2020 Eligibility
- JCECE 2020 Application Form
- JCECE 2020 Application Process
- JCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
- JCECE 2020 Syllabus
- JCECE 2020 Admit Card
- JCECE 2020 Exam Centres
- JCECE 2020 Result
- JCECE 2020 Cut off
- JCECE Selection Process
- JCECE 2020 Counselling
- How to Prepare for JCECE?
- Courses offered through JCECE
- Related Exams
What is JCECE?
The full form of JCECE is Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination. JCECE is an Entrance Exam for getting admission into first-year professional courses like engineering, medical, architecture & agriculture in government & private affiliated colleges through the JCECE board. It is a state-entrance exam organized for the candidates who want to take admission in various undergraduate courses in Jharkhand. Candidates must remember that to secure admission in various courses, they have to qualify JCECE as the admission to various government/private/universities affiliated under the JCECE Board are strictly based on the score of the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination.
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board is a self-financed, autonomous incorporated body of the State Government. The Government has constituted the Member of Board for taking decisions on policy and organizational matters in light of the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board Act 2000.
- Courses Offered: The Board conducts the exam for granting admissions into undergraduate courses like B.Tech (Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering), B.Sc. Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry in Jharkhand. The application form is to be filled and submitted online.
- Frequency: It is conducted once in a year usually in May or June every year and results are expected to be released by the end of June. And frequently the counselling happens by July.
- There are mainly three different subject groups:
- PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) for Engineering, Agriculture, Dairy Technology and Forestry courses.
- PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) for B.V.Sc Courses.
- PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology) for both Engineering and Medical courses. In PCMB a candidate can get admission into all the available courses (B.Tech, Agriculture, Animal Forestry, and B.V.Sc).
JCECE Exam Highlights
Tabulated below are certain highlights relevant to JCECE Exam.
|Exam Name||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Conducting Authority||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (J.C.E.C.E.B.) under the Government of Jharkhand|
|Level||State Level Examination|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Courses||B.Tech, B.V.Sc. and A.H and Forestry|
|Question type||Multiple Choice Questions/ Objective Type|
JCECE 2020 Exam Date
The JCECE Exam 2020 will be conducted in offline mode only i.e, Paper Based Test. The JCECE 2020 Exam will be conducted in September (Tentative) as notified by the conducting authority. Below mentioned are the dates of some of the important events related to the JCECE 2020 Exam.
|Availability of JCECE 2020 Application Form||July 8, 2020|
Last Date to Submit the JCECE 2020 Application Form
|August 8, 2020 August 31, 2020|
JCECE 2020 Admit Card Date
JCECE 2020 Exam Date
|JCECE 2020 Result Date||To be announced|
|JCECE 2020 Counselling Date||To be announced|
The subject wise timing and duration of the JCECE 2020 examination are as follows
|Biology||09:00 AM to 10:00 AM||1 Hour|
|Physics and Chemistry||10:15 AM to 12:15 PM||2 Hour|
|Mathematics||12:30 PM to 01:30 PM||1 Hour|
The Group wise timing is as follows
|PCM Group||10:15 AM to 01:30 PM|
|PCB Group||09:00 AM to 12:15 PM|
|PCMB Group||09:00 AM to 01:30 PM|
JCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Only the candidates who satisfy JCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria can apply for the Exam. The authority has the right to reject the application form of those candidates who don't abide by the preset eligibility criteria. So candidates must ensure that they are meeting all the requirements as specified by the exam authority.
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
Candidate must be a local/permanent resident in the State of Jharkhand to be eligible for the JCECE exam.
The candidates should belong to the below-mentioned age groups. The age criteria for each course may vary.
|Course Name||Age Limit|
|B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry||Completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 2020|
|Other Courses||Completed 17 years of age on July 1, 2020 and should not exceed 22 years of age|
The following table shows the academic eligibility criteria for all the courses offered in JCECE 2020 examination.
B.V.Sc. & Animal Husbandry
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects from any recognized board.
B.Sc (Hons) Forestry/Agriculture
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) as core subjects from any recognized board.
B.Sc (Hons) Horticulture
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with PCB/ PCM/ PCBM/ PC Forestry /Agriculture from any recognized board
B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering/ Dairy Technology)
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) from any recognized board.
The candidate must have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics/ Biology & Mathematics or Intermediate(Agriculture) from any recognized board.
Note: Candidates should also produce a local or permanent residential certificate of Jharkhand State issued by a verified authority at the time of the JCECE 2020 counselling process.
JCECE 2020 Application Form
- The JCECE 2020 Application Form is available online on the official website.
- The candidates can choose any mode as per their convenience.
- The Application Form was available on the official website from July 8, 2020 and the last date to submit the form was extended to August 31, 2020.
- The application fee for PCB and PCM groups belonging to the General/OBC-I /OBC-II category and those belonging to SC/ST category and female candidates are listed below:
|Category||Subject Group||Form Fee|
|General/ EWS/ Backward Caste||PCM/PCB||INR 900|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Female Applicants of all categories||PCM/PCB||INR 450|
JCECE 2020 Application Process
The last date to apply for JCECE 2020 was August 31, 2020. At the time of filling the JCECE 2020 application form, the candidates will have to first register as a new user. The candidates can follow the steps given below to complete the JCECE 2020 Application process
Registration and Form filling
- Candidates first visit the official website of JCECE - http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in/
- On the homepage of the website, click on "All Online Application Submission - JCECEB 2020". After clicking, candidates will be redirected to a new page.
- A list of different examinations by the JCECEB will be shown on the page. Click on JCECE 2020 and then select new user registration.
- Read all the instructions mentioned and then fill out the entire details such as Subject group, Candidate's Name, Parent's Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Aadhar number, and exam city.
- Click on Submit at the bottom, and a pop-up screen will appear which mentions your Application/Login ID and Password (Date of Birth). Candidates will have to use these credentials to log in again.
Educational and communication details
- The next step after creating the login ID is to fill out the educational details.
- Candidates are required to fill details such as pass status, year of passing, board name, obtained marks and total marks, roll number, and name of the institute. Click on submit.
- After submitting the education details, candidates now have to enter their communication addresses and contact number. They must provide an address, email ID, and phone number.
- Read and click on the declaration box shown below and submit.
Create Password and Upload Documents
- Candidates need to provide a new password along with a security question and save it.
- The next step involves uploading the documents. Candidates have to upload a recent passport size photograph (15 KB to 100KB), signature, and left thumb impression (10 KB to 30 KB). Submit the documents after successfully uploading the documents.
- A review page will be opened where candidates can check the details provided by them. In case of any error in the JCECE 2020 application form, the candidate can edit and rectify it. Click on "Proceed to Payment" for paying the application fee.
- The last step involves paying the JCECE 2020 application form fee. The fee details will be displayed on the basis of the category of the student.
- Candidates can pay the application form through Credit card, Debit card and Internet banking. Enter the details and the payment will be transferred to the JCECEB, conducting authority of the JCECE 2020 exam.
- After successful payment of the application fee, candidates can take the printout of the completed application form for future use.
Documents required for JCECE 2020 exam
Candidates who are applying for the JCECE 2020 exam must have the following documents in handy before they sit down to fill up their application forms:
- Marksheets of Class 10 and 12
- Category Certificate
- Scanned images of the candidate's signature and thumb impression resized as per the given specifications
- A recent passport size photograph, resized as per the provided specifications
- A valid credit/debit/net banking for the payment of the Application Fee
JCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
The JCECE 2020 Exam Pattern will follow a similar pattern just like the previous years. There are 3 groups of candidates in the examination based on the subject they are choosing - PCM, PCB, and PCMB. All the question papers are set on the basis of a common syllabus by the CBSE for 11th and 12th class. Candidates can check the detailed exam pattern of JCECE as given below.
|Paper Language||English and Hindi (Bilingual)|
|Subject Groups||PCM, PCB and PCMB|
|Mode of Examination||Offline - Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration of the exam||
Physics and Chemistry - 2 Hours
Mathematics - 1 Hour
Biology - 1 Hour
|Types of Question||Objective Type (Four options with the single correct answer)|
|Total Questions||50 questions per subject|
+1 Mark for Correct answer
0.25 Mark deduction for Incorrect answer
JCECE 2020 Subject-wise Exam Pattern
The subject-wise division of marks and subjects are listed below.
No. of Questions
Types of Questions
PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)
Physics – 50
MCQs –Multiple Choice Questions
Chemistry – 50
Mathematics – 50
PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology/ Biotechnology)
Physics – 50
Chemistry – 50
Biology/ Biotechnology – 50
PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics)
Chemistry – 50
Biology/ Biotechnology – 50
Mathematics – 50
JCECE 2020 Syllabus
The JCECE 2020 Question Paper will be based on class 11th and class 12th of the CBSE syllabus. The JCECE 2020 Syllabus comprises of 4 subjects with topics related to Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology.
It would be helpful for the candidates if they can go through the reference books for exam preparation. The below-given table shows the Syllabus of each subject:
JCECE 2020 Physics Syllabus
- Units and Measurement
- Motion in One Dimension
- Motion in Two and Three Dimensions
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Solids and Fluids
- Oscillations and Waves
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electron and Photons
- Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei
- Electrostatics and Current Electricity
- Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents
- Magnetic Effects of Currents and Magnetostatics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
- Heat and Thermodynamics/ Transference of Heat
- Solids and Semi-Conductors
- Ray Optics and Wave Optics
JCECE 2020 Chemistry Syllabus
- States of Matter
- Atomic Structure and Solutions
- Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Families Periodic Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemistry of Non-Metals-I and Non-metals-II
- Chemistry of Lighter Metals and Heavy Metals
- Chemistry of Representative Elements
- Transition Metals Including Lanthanides
- Coordination Chemistry and Organo Metallics
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Hydrocarbons and Organic Compound Containing Halogens
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Synthetic and Natural Polymers
- Bio-Molecules and Biological Processes
- Chemistry In Action
- Environmental Chemistry
JCECE 2020 Mathematics Syllabus
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Sequences and Series
- Matrices and Determinants
- Two-Dimensional Geometry
- Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Quadratic Equations
- Permutations and Combinations
- Binomial Theorem and Its Applications
- Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
JCECE 2020 Biology Syllabus
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
- Cell Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Ecology & environment
JCECE 2020 Admit Card
The applicants can download the JCECE 2020 Admit Card from the official website of JCECE, which is expected to be released in September 2020. Candidates must carry the JCECE 2020 admit card to the exam centre along with a government ID proof such as Aadhar Card, PAN card, Voter's ID, Passport, Driving License. Failing to bring the mentioned documents on the test day, the candidate will not be allowed to write the JCECE 2020 exam.
How to Download JCECE 2020 Admit Card?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the JCECE 2020 Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the JCECE.
- Step 2: On the homepage of the website, click the JCECE 2020 admit card tab.
- Step 3: A new page will be redirected where candidates need to enter the JCECE 2020 application form number, password and the security pin. Click on "Sign in".
- Step 4: The admit card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must download the admit card and take the printout of it.
JCECE Admit Card Contents
The admit card of JCECE contains these details.
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Registration ID/ Roll Number
- Course Applied for
- Centre of Exam
- Exam Date & Timing
- Instructions for exam
JCECE 2020 Exam Centres
The JCECE Exam is a State level entrance exam. It is conducted in the Cities of Jharkhand. The applicants can choose any two centres from the list to appear for this merit exam and the Board will make the final allotment of the centre. Finally, the candidates will be assigned to only one Exam Center. The test time and venue will be printed on the JCECE 2020 Admit Card.
The exam authority will conduct the JCECE 2020 exam at following Cities of Jharkhand:
Documents Required on JCECE Exam Day
The following are the Documents which a candidate has to carry to the JCECE Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID proof
- Passport size photo
Candidates should note that use of electronic devices like mobile phone and calculator are not permitted in Examination Hall. Materials like textbooks, log table, notebook, etc. should not be brought into during the JCECE 2020 examination.
JCECE 2020 Results
The JCECE Board will evaluate the answer sheets and declare the JCECE 2020 Results on the official website of JCECEB in the month of September/October.
The scorecard will have both the subject-wise score and also the total score obtained by the candidate, along with the rank secured by the candidate in the entrance exam. The JCECE Board will release both the combined merit list and the category-wise list on its official website.
The candidates should take the printout of the JCECE #scorecard, as they will need it at the time of counselling and during admission formalities.
How to check the JCECE Result?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the JCECE Results from the official website:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the JCECE Board - http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in/
- Step 2: The results link will be displayed on the homepage of the website. Click on the link.
- Step 3: Select the examination from the dropbox and enter your JCECE 2020 roll number.
- Step 4: The JCECE 2020 scorecard will be displayed on your screen showing subject wise marks and overall score.
- Step 5: Download the scorecard and take the printout for the counselling and admission process.
JCECE 2020 Cut off
The JCECE Cutoff is the minimum rank that a candidate has to score to get admission into any course offered through JCECE.
The Rank List will be released after the announcement of the JCECE Exam Results. If some candidates have scored the same marks based on the course they have applied for, the Ranks will be evaluated. There is Mark wise cutoff which will be released by the JCECE Board they are as follows:
|Above 80||Below 100|
|Less than 40||More than 1300|
JCECE Selection Process
- There will be a minimum Cutoff mark for every course.
- The candidates who have obtained the Rank that is eligible for Admission will be called for the Counselling Process.
- Only the candidates who satisfy all the Eligibility Criteria will be given Admission to the courses they have applied for.
JCECE 2020 Counselling
The JCECE Board will begin the Counselling Process soon after results are announced. After the declaration of the results, a merit list will be prepared which contains the candidate's name who is eligible to attend the JCECE 2020 Counselling Process. The Counselling will be conducted in two rounds. If seats remain vacant in the first round, they will conduct a second round to fill them. Document verification will be done on the day of counselling and it requires candidates to get all the original documents for verification.
Documents that will be needed on the day of counselling
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- JCECE Admit Card
- JCECE Scorecard
- Transfer Certificate
- Category Certificate
How to Prepare for JCECE?
The candidates who are aspiring to write JCECE can follow the important Preparation tips given below:
- Go through the JCECE Syllabus before you Start Preparing for the exam.
- Focus on all the Subjects it will help you get good Rank.
- Plan your everyday activity it will help you to manage time.
- Prepare notes whenever you are studying and refer to it when you are revising.
- There are a lot of study materials available that refer to it to cover the whole Syllabus.
- Take mock tests frequently and assess your Performance.
- For better Results do proper revision before the exam.
Courses Offered through JCECE
JCECE is conducted for three different groups i.e. PCM for Engineering, PCB for Veterinary courses, and PCMB for both Engineering and Medical groups. The following are the courses offered through JCECE:
|PCM Group||The candidates who have qualified or are appearing for class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and want to appear for JCECE 2020 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics will fall under PCM Group.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry/ B.Sc. Forestry/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture/ B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B.tech. (Dairy Technology)|
|PCB Group||The candidates who have qualified or are appearing for class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and want to appear for JCECE 2020 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology will fall under PCB Group.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture/ B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
|PCMB Group||The candidates who have qualified or are appearing for class 12th or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as well as Mathematics as an extra subject, and want to appear for JCECE 2020 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology will fall under PCMB Group.||B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture/ B.Sc. (Hons.)Forestry/ B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture/ B.V.Sc. & A.H./ B.Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)/ B.tech. (Dairy Technology)/ B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)|
If the candidates have any queries related to JCECE Exam they can contact the official conducting authority.
Address: Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board,
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum, Ranchi [Jharkhand]
E-mail: [email protected]