JEE Main is attempted by lakhs of aspirants annually. Candidates who are willing to pursue B.Tech from the most prestigious colleges appear for this exam. To appear for JEE Mains, students often start preparing from 9th standard itself. Apart from attending school, they also attend coaching classes, and work extremely hard, just to score well in this exam. NTA finalizes the syllabus for JEE Main.
Candidates can understand how well they have prepared by attempting the mock tests which the NTA makes available on its official website. For practice, candidates can also download the various sets of question papers from previous years.
Benefits of solving the JEE Main Sample Papers
Candidates must solve the mock tests for JEE Main 2021, as well as the previous years' question papers at least two or three weeks before the date of exam. It is also advisable to solve chapter-wise mock tests, as they help candidates understand how well they have understood the entire lesson. Considering the popularity of this exam, candidates can find plenty of free JEE main mock tests in PDF format, to download and solve.
- They will be able to devise an efficient time plan to stick to, on the date of exam.
- They will be able to test their own preparation and decide if it is adequate or not, considering the level of competition. The candidates will also learn about the sections which require more attention and practice
- They'll develop a better understanding of the JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern and the marking scheme.
- Since the candidates will be familiar with the exam pattern, they will not experience any pre-exam jitters.
- Candidates will be able to analyse the important topics, on which most of the questions are based.
Registering for JEE Main 2021 Mock Tests released by NTA
NTA has created a portal where the candidates can register and attempt the mock tests for various exams, which the NTA is responsible for conducting, including JEE Main. The steps to do so are given below:
- Step 1: Go to NTA's portal for mock tests
- Step 2: Under "select exam you would like to appear for," choose JEE Main from the drop down menu.
- Step 3: Select the paper of your choice, and click on the "start mock test" button.
- Step 4: The candidates will be given the option to enter their login details, or attempt the test without logging in.
- Step 5: Read the given instructions carefully, and attempt the JEE Main mock test.
The candidates also have the option to answer the JEE Main mock tests in the regional language of their choice.
JEE Main 2021 Mock Test and Sample Papers
Given below are some PDF files containing question papers from previous years, and some free NTA JEE Main mock tests which the candidates should attempt before the date of exam, as a way of revision, or test how much of their learning is retained.