Gujarat Common Entrance Test commonly known as GUJCET is a state-level exam conducted by the Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board that acts as a gateway for admission in engineering and pharmacy courses offered by the colleges of Gujarat.
- July 28, 2020: The registration window for the GUJCET 2020 Examination is extended to August 7, 2020. The admit card for the examination will be released on a date after the last date to submit the application. Read More.
- July 17, 2020: GSEB has decided to re-open the application form facility for GUJCET from July 18, 2020. The last date to apply will be July 31, 2020. Read More.
- July 9, 2020: The GUJCET 2020 examination is postponed to be conducted on August 24, 2020. The admit card for the same will be announced 10 days before the commencement of the examination.
- What is the GUJCET Exam?
- GUJCET Courses Offered
- GUJCET 2020 Exam Date
- GUJCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- GUJCET 2020 Application Form
- GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- GUJCET 2020 Admit Card Released
- GUJCET 2020 Result
- Contact Information
- Related Exams
What is the GUJCET Exam?
Gujarat Common Entrance Test abbreviated as GUJCET is an entrance examination for admissions to various undergraduate programs in the state of Gujarat. GUJCET 2020 examination will be the gateway for candidates who are seeking admission into B.Tech, B.Plan, and B.Pharma programs in all private and government institutions located in the state of Gujarat. It will be conducted on August 24, 2020.
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Educational Board (GSEB) has the complete authority to conduct the GUJCET 2020 examination and the right to allocate the seats to the registered candidates based on their performance in GUJCET 2020 examination. Candidates seeking admission to Undergraduate Engineering/Pharma and Planning Programs in the top engineering/pharma colleges in Gujarat can take up the GUJCET 2020.
|Exam Name||Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Date||August 24, 2020 (New Date)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Conducting Body||Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
GUJCET 2020 Courses Offered
|B.E/ B.Tech||4 years|
GUJCET 2020 Important Dates
It is important for candidates to know the GUJCET 2020 important dates of the events that will take place for admission to various institutes in Gujarat.
GUJCET 2020 Registration Dates: Candidates can apply for GUJCET 2020 through the official website from July 18, 2020 and the last date to complete the GUJCET 2020 Application process is August 7, 2020.
GUJCET 2020 Admit Card Release Date: GUJCET 2020 admit card is available from 10 days before the exam date on the official website.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Date: GUJCET 2020 Exam will be taking place on August 24, 2020.
GUJCET 2020 Result Date: To be announced.
GUJCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility refers to the terms and conditions that a candidate appearing for the exam must satisfy in order to take the GUJCET 2020 exam. In case if a candidate clears the exam but does not fit the eligibility criteria, he or she will be disqualified from the admission process as soon as this is discovered by the authority at any stage in the process. So it is mandatory for a candidate to meet the following GUJCET 2020 Eligibility criteria.
Academic Qualification: Candidates who want to apply for GUJCET 2020 exams must have completed or pursuing Second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equal examination perceived by State/Central Government.
Nationality: Candidates should be Indian nationals and permanent residents of Gujarat to satisfy the GUJCET 2020 Eligibility criteria.
State Eligibility: Candidates should be a resident of Gujarat. If any candidate who resides outside Gujarat for certain purposes, but is a bonafide resident of Gujarat then he/she is also eligible.
Marks Criteria: Minimum aggregate marks in 10+2 should be 45% (Reserved Category have a relaxation of 5% so for them the minimum aggregate should be 40%).
GUJCET 2020 Reservation
Below table shows the percentage of seats allotted for the reserved category students in GUJCET 2020. 35% of total seats are allocated to General category students.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||7%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||15%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including widows and orphan||27%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|Persons with Disability||5%|
|Children of Defence Personnel and Ex-Servicemen||1%|
GUJCET 2020 Application Form
Before filling the application form, candidates are required to pay the GUJCET 2020 Application fee in any Punjab National Bank and should obtain their USER ID and Password. The candidate must follow the given guidelines in order to fill the application form.
- As the application form has already been released on July 18, 2020 so all the candidates must fill up the application form as soon as possible without waiting for the last date.
- Any incompletely filled forms will not be accepted by the conducting authority so the candidate must fill up the application form with utmost importance.
- If the candidate provides any wrong information in the submitted form which doesn't match with the original documents submitted by the candidate then his or her candidature will get rejected at any stage of the admission process.
The step by step process to fill the GUJCET 2020 application form is given below.
- Interested Candidates must visit the official website of the conducting authority. Click on "New Candidate Registration" and fill all the particulars in the form such as Candidate's name, Father's name, Mother's name, gender, mobile number, personal email ID.
- Candidates should fill the name according to their 12th class transcript. Change in name will result in the rejection of the applicant's registration form.
- After the registration, candidates must now login using the registered mobile number and password. In case if the candidate has forgot his/her password, they can click on "Forgot password" and change it again.
- After the login, candidate can upload their passport sized photograph and scanned copy of their signature. The file size should be in the range of 5 KB and 50 KB and in JPEG/JPG format. All the attachments uploaded by the applicant must be clearly visible.
- Candidates have to pay the GUJCET 2020 registration fee of INR 300 before the last day. They can do it through Debit card/ Credit Card or Net Banking.
- After the online payment is successful, a reference ID will be generated which should be saved for further references. Candidates do not have to send the hardcopy of the application form to the concerned authority. If the GUJCET 2020 application form is submitted successfully, candidates can download the admit card when it released by the examination authority.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board will decide the GUJCET 2020 Exam pattern based on which GUJCET 2020 will be conducted.
- Mode: The GUJCET 2020 is conducted in offline mode (Pen and Paper).
- Language: GUJCET 2020 examination will be in English, Hindi and Gujarati medium
- Number of Questions: From each subject, a total of 40 multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Total Marks: Each section will carry 40 marks. The total question paper will be of 120 marks.
- Duration: The examination will be of 3 hours.
- Subjects: For engineering exam, candidates have to attempt Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics sections. For the Biology exam, candidates can attempt Physics, Chemistry & Biology sections.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, one mark will be allotted to the candidate.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
GUJCET 2020 Admit Card
Successfully registered candidates can download the admit card from the official website. GUJCET 2020 admit card will be issued online by GSEB at gseb.org.
Candidates applied for the examination needs to enter their Application Number and Password to download the GUJCET 2020 admit card.
GUJCET 2020 Admit card contains the details such as the candidate's name, parent's name, exam centre, date of exam and other exam related information and guidelines.
Candidates must go through the instructions mentioned in order to be aware of the do's and don ts and things that are restricted inside the test centre.
It is the most important document that needs to be carried to the examination centre on the day of the exam. Aspirants will only be allowed to enter into the examination centre only if they carry their valid GUJCET 2020 Admit Card & photo ID proof with them.
GUJCET 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates are welcome to opt for their preferred locations while filling the GUJCET 2020 application form. GUJCET 2020 has arranged as many as 34 exam centres spread all across Gujarat and the candidates can choose any of the locations to write the examination.
The allotted exam centre to the candidate will be mentioned on their GUJCET admit card. Once the exam centres are allotted, it can not be altered by the conducting authority. Therefore the candidate must choose the exam centre wisely according to their convenience.
Candidates need to report to the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the exam starts. There will be multiple choices to select test cities which can be chosen by the candidate as per their preference.
The list of GUJCET 2020 exam centres are given in the table below
|List of Exam Centres|
GUJCET 2020 Syllabus
As far as the syllabus for GUJCET 2020 is concerned, candidates can expect the questions from the topics that are included in the existing Class 11 and 12 Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates can refer to the reference books and Sample papers.
The GUJCET syllabus will be comprised of class 11th & 12th standard of GSEB board. It will contain topics & chapters from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology subjects of 11th & 12th standard.
Preparation Tips :
A candidate should know some tips & tricks in order to qualify the GUJCET 2020 exam with good marks:
- Try to make a strategy & a timetable so that you can give equal time to each subject.
- Solve last 4-5 years question papers & mock tests of the examination.
- As far as preparation is concerned revision should be given an equal amount of time
GUJCET 2020 Result
GUJCET 2020 results will be out in the second week of May. The result will be declared through online mode on the official website.
Candidates can view GUJCET 2020 result by entering their application number.
The merit list will be prepared based on 60% weightage of percentile marks secured in the theory exam of class 12th & 40% weightage of percentile marks get in GUJCET exam.
Candidates can check their GUJCET 2020 results on September 10, 2020 on the official website. To download the GUJCET 2020 result, the candidates are expected to enter their Login ID and the respective Password.
GUJCET 2020 Counselling
Counselling of GUJCET 2020 tentatively will begin on September 10, 2020. All eligible candidates are expected to attend the GUJCET 2020 Counselling process to get admitted. Candidates are expected to bring all the original documents as prescribed in the GUJCET 2020 notification.
Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) will be the committee that will be responsible for conducting the GUJCET counselling 2020. It is mandatory for the students to clear the exam to be able to participate in the counselling process.
The ACPC authority will also be doing the seat allotment for the counselling process. The counselling will be carried out through the online mode. Candidates will have to fill their choice online within a stipulated time period that will be decided by the ACPC.
The counselling is expected to be started from the fourth week of May 2020 for engineering and Pharmacy. All the candidates whose names will appear in the merit list will be eligible for the counselling process. The counselling will be conducted on the basis of cut off marks. All the eligible candidate who cleared the cut off will be given the admission allotment letter after the seat are allotted to the candidates.
In other words, the committee will prepare a merit list of student names eligible for GUJCET Counselling and then allocate the Government and Management seats to those students based on their rank and preference.
GUJCET Contact Details
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board.
Near Old Sachivalaya, Sector 10B, Sector 10, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Telephone Number: 072-23220691