Gujarat Common Entrance Test, commonly known as GUJCET, is a state-level exam conducted by the Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board that acts as a gateway for admission in engineering and pharmacy courses colleges of Gujarat. Candidates can look below to know the details about GUJCET, how to apply for the exam, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility to appear for the exam, etc. Read below to know more.
- What is the GUJCET Exam?
- GUJCET 2021 Exam Date
- GUJCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- GUJCET 2021 Application Form
- GUJCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- GUJCET 2021 Syllabus
- GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
- GUJCET 2021 Exam Centres
- GUJCET 2021 Answer Key
- GUJCET 2021 Result
- GUJCET 2021 Counselling
- Contact Information
What is the GUJCET Exam?
Gujarat Common Entrance Test, abbreviated as GUJCET, is an entrance examination for admissions to various undergraduate programs in the state of Gujarat. GUJCET 2021 examination will be the gateway for candidates who are seeking admission into B.Tech, B.Plan, and B.Pharma programs in all private and government institutions located in the state of Gujarat. GUJCET 2021 exam shall tentatively be held August 2021.
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Educational Board (GSEB) has the complete authority to conduct the GUJCET 2021 examination and allocate the seats to the registered candidates based on their performance in the GUJCET 2021 examination. Candidates seeking admission to Undergraduate Engineering/Pharma and Planning Programs in the top Engineering/Pharma colleges in Gujarat can take up the GUJCET 2021.
Approximately 1.2 Lakh students register for the GUJCET exam every year; out of which more than 75,000 students register for Engineering Stream, and around 50,000 students register for the Pharmaceutical stream.
GUJCET 2021 Exam Highlights
GUJCET stands for Gujarat Common Entrance Test, which is a state-level examination. The exam dates have not been announced officially yet. Some of the key details for GUJCET 2021 are tabulated below.
|GUJCET Full Form||Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Exam Date||August, 2021|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Conducting Body||Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
GUJCET 2021 Courses Offered
Candidates appearing for the GUJCET exam can get admitted to several courses offered by the institute. Following are the undergraduate courses offered through the GUJCET 2021 examination.
|B.E/ B.Tech||4 years|
GUJCET 2021 Exam Date
It is important for candidates to know the GUJCET 2021 important dates of the events that will take place for admission to various institutes in Gujarat. Candidates can check the important dates of the GUJCET 2021 examination below. Please note that these dates are tentative in nature and are subject to change when the official notification is released.
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|GUJCET 2021 application form release date||Jun, 2021|
|GUJCET 2021 application form last date||To be announced|
|GUJCET 2021 admit card release date||To be announced|
|GUJCET 2021 exam date||To be announced|
|Release of provisional answer key||To be announced|
|GUJCET 2021 result declaration||To be announced|
GUJCET 2021 Counselling Dates
GUJCET counselling will start soon after the conducting authorities announce the results. The authorities have not released the official GUJCET 2021 counselling schedule as of now. The following dates are tentative in nature and may change with the release of the official notification.
|Registration for GUJCET Counselling||To be announced|
|Release of provisional merit list||To be notified|
|Choice filling for mock round||To be notified|
|Declaration of mock round allotment||To be notified|
|Final merit list||To be notified|
|Filling and editing of choices Round 1||To be notified|
|Seat allotment Round 1||To be notified|
|Online deposition of token tuition fees and generation of admission letter Round 2||To be notified|
|Display of vacancy after Round 1||To be notified|
|Online cancellation off admission: Round 1||To be notified|
|Declaration of procedure of Round 2||To be notified|
GUJCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility refers to the terms and conditions that a candidate who appears for the exam must satisfy to take the GUJCET 2021 exam. Suppose a candidate clears the exam but does not fit the eligibility criteria. In that case, they will be disqualified from the admission process as soon as the authority discovers this at any stage in the process. So a candidate must meet the following GUJCET 2021 Eligibility criteria. Some of the eligibility criteria are discussed below.
Candidates who want to apply for GUJCET 2021 exams must have completed or pursuing Second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equal examination perceived by State/Central Government.
Candidates should be Indian nationals and permanent residents of Gujarat to satisfy the GUJCET 2021 Eligibility criteria.
Candidates should be a resident of Gujarat. If any candidate who resides outside Gujarat for certain purposes, but is a bonafide resident of Gujarat then he/she is also eligible.
Minimum aggregate marks in 10+2 should be 45% (Reserved Category have a relaxation of 5% so for them the minimum aggregate should be 40%).
GUJCET 2021 Reservation
Below table shows the percentage of seats allotted for the reserved category students in GUJCET 2021. 35% of total seats are allocated to General category students.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||7%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||15%|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including widows and orphan||27%|
|Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|Persons with Disability||5%|
|Children of Defence Personnel and Ex-Servicemen||1%|
Read More: GUJCET Eligibility 2021
GUJCET 2021 Application Form
Before filling the application form, candidates must pay the GUJCET 2021 Application fee in any branch of Punjab National Bank and obtain their User ID and Password. The candidate must follow the given guidelines to fill the application form.
- The application form can be filled before the last date of the application form.
- In case the forms are incomplete, then the conducting authority will not accept the application forms. So the candidate must fill up the application form with utmost importance.
- Suppose the candidate provides any wrong information in the submitted form that doesn't match the candidate's original documents. In that case, his or her candidature will get rejected at any stage of the admission process.
The step by step process to fill the GUJCET 2021 application form is given below.
- Interested Candidates must visit the official website of the conducting authority. Click on "New Candidate Registration" and fill in all the particulars in the form, such as Candidate's Name, Father's Name, Mother's name, gender, mobile number, personal email ID.
- Candidates should fill in the name according to their 12th class transcript. A change in the name will result in the rejection of the applicant's registration form.
- After the registration, candidates must now log in using the registered mobile number and password. If the candidate has forgotten his/her password, they can click on "Forgot password" and change it again.
- After the login, the candidate can upload their passport-sized photograph and scanned copy of their signature. The file size should be in the range of 5 KB and 50 KB and JPEG/JPG format. All the attachments uploaded by the applicant must be visible.
- Candidates have to pay the GUJCET 2021 registration fee of INR 300 before the last day. They can do it through Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking.
- After the online payment is successful, a reference ID will be generated, saved for further references. Candidates do not have to send the hardcopy of the application form to the concerned authority. If the GUJCET 2021 application form is submitted successfully, candidates can download the admit card when the examination authority releases it.
Read More: GUJCET Application Form 2021
GUJCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must know the exam pattern of GUJCET 2021 to fetch more marks and crack the exam. The Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board will decide the GUJCET 2021 Exam pattern based on which GUJCET 2021 will be conducted. The GUJCET 2021 Exam pattern summary is tabulated below.
|Mode||Pen and Paper Test (Offline)|
Physics & Chemistry (Paper I) - 2 hours; Mathematics (Paper-II) - 1 hour
|Total Question||120 (40 questions per subject)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple-choice questions (Objective)|
+1 mark for each correct response; 0.25 mark deduction for wrong answers
|Paper Medium||English, Hindi and Gujarati|
|Subjects||PCM and PCB|
Read More: GUJCET Exam pattern 2021
GUJCET 2021 Syllabus
As far as the syllabus for GUJCET 2021 is concerned, candidates can expect the questions from the topics included in the existing Class 11 and 12 Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Candidates can refer to the reference books and sample papers.
The GUJCET syllabus will be comprised of class 11th & 12th standards of the GSEB board. It will contain topics & chapters from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology subjects of 11th & 12th. The detailed topic-wise chapters for all the subjects have been given below.
GUJCET 2021 syllabus for Physics
- Electric Charge & Electric Field
- Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Electric Current
- Magnetism and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Alternating currents
- Communication System
- Electromagnetic waves
- Ray Optics
- Wave Optics
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Semiconductor Electronics
GUJCET 2021 syllabus for Chemistry
- Chemistry in Solid State
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-Block Elements
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- D and F-Block Elements
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Biomolecules and Polymers
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
GUJCET 2021 syllabus for Mathematics
- Complex Numbers
- Definite Integration
- Indefinite Integration
- Matrices Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Relations & Functions
- Theory of Equations
- Three-Dimensional Geometry
GUJCET 2021 syllabus for Biology
- Plant Biology and Physiology
- Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
- Reproduction in Organism
- Human Anatomy and Physiology-1 and 2
- Genetics and Molecular basics of inheritance
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Ecology and Evolution
A candidate should know some tips & tricks in order to qualify the GUJCET 2021 exam with good marks:
- Try to make a strategy & a timetable so that you can give equal time to each subject.
- Solve the last 4-5 years question papers & mock tests of the examination.
- As far as the preparation is concerned revision should be given a fair amount of time.
Read More: GUJCET Syllabus 2021
GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered for the GUJCET 2021 examination can download the admit card from the official website. GUJCET 2021 admit card is always issued online by the GSEB at the official website.
The GUJCET 2021 Admit card contains important details such as the Candidate's Name, Roll Number, Parent's Name, Application Form Number, Exam Centre, Medium of Paper, Seat Number, Date of Exam, and other exam-related information and guidelines.
How to download the GUJCET 2021 Admit Card?
Follow these steps to download GUJCET 2021 Admit Card.
- Candidates need to first visit the official website.
- On the homepage, the candidate will be able to see "Click here to download GUJCET Hall Ticket 2021". Clicking on that will redirect you to the hall ticket login page.
- Enter the registered Mobile number/Email ID and Date of Birth/GUJCET Application Form number as credentials. Enter the 4 digit captcha and click on "Search Hall Ticket".
- The GUJCET 2021 Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates can download and take the printout.
GUJCET 2021 Admit Card Content
The GUJCET Admit Card contains the following details:
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s name
- Roll number of GUJCET 2021
- Exam date
- Exam time slot
- Seat number
- Examination centre address
Note: It is the most important document that needs to be carried to the examination centre on the day of the exam. Aspirants will only be allowed to enter into the examination centre only if they carry their valid GUJCET 2021 Admit Card and a Government Photo ID proof with them. Candidates must go through the instructions mentioned in order to be aware of the dos and don'ts, and things that are restricted inside the test centre.
Read More: GUJCET Admit Card 2021
GUJCET 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates are welcome to opt for their preferred locations while filling the GUJCET 2021 application form. GUJCET 2021 has arranged as many as 34 exam centres spread all across Gujarat, and the candidates can choose any of the locations to write the examination
The allotted exam centre to the candidate will be mentioned on their GUJCET admit card. Once the exam centres are allotted, they can not be altered by the conducting authority. Therefore the candidate must choose the exam centre wisely according to their convenience. The list of GUJCET 2021 exam centres are given in the table below.
|List of Exam Centres|
Note: Candidates need to report to the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the exam starts. There will be multiple choices to select test cities which can be chosen by the candidate as per their preference.
Read More: GUJCET Exam Centers 2021
GUJCET 2021 Answer Key
Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board will release the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key a few days after the exam. The last date to submit objections in the answer key would be given. Candidates can submit their objections via email. With the help of the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key, candidates will be able to calculate the qualifying exam scores. The final answer key will be released after all of the objections are checked. Candidates must remember that the authority takes no responsibility for sending the answer key via email or post. So they must follow these steps to download the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key:
- Visit the official website of GUJCET.
- Click on the link GUJCET answer key 2021.
- Click on the download button to save the PDF of the answer key.
- Candidates after downloading the answer key can compare their answers.
How to challenge the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key?
The authority provides an option for the candidates to challenge the answer key in case they find any discrepancies in the answer key. The steps to challenge the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key are listed below:
- The authority releases a form for challenging the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key.
- Candidates who want to challenge the answer has to fill the form.
- In the form, candidates have to mention the question paper number and the question number, which they want to challenge.
- Candidate has to pay a fee of INR 500 through e-challan for every question.
- Post completion of the form, email to [email protected].
- Provide the Bank account number, Bank Name, IFSC Code, and Bank Branch.
- After a few days, GSEB authorities will release GUJCET final answer key 2021.
- In case the challenging question is found correct, then the candidate will get the refund of the amount in the bank account.
Read More: GUJCET Answer Key 2021
GUJCET 2021 Result
The merit list will be prepared based on 60% weightage of percentile marks secured in the theory exam of class 12th & 40% weightage of percentile marks get in the GUJCET exam.
Candidates can check their GUJCET 2021 results from the official website. To download the GUJCET 2021 result, the candidates will be required to enter their Login ID and the respective Password. Candidates should download and take the printout of the GUJCET 2021 scorecard for counselling and the admission process.
How to Download GUJCET Result 2021?
Candidates are advised to visit the official website and access the results using their 6-digit seat number. Follow the steps mentioned below to access the GUJCET 2021 Result:
- Visit the official GSHSEB website.
- Click on the “GUJCET 2021 Result” link
- Enter the 6-digit seat number and click on “Go”
- The GUJCET 2021 Result result will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates can download the result and take a printout of the same
Details on the GUJCET 2021 Result
The following details are mentioned in the GUJCET 2021 Result:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s 6-digit seat number
- Exam group
- Subject-wise marks obtained by the candidate
- Total marks obtained by the candidate
- Percentile rank
Read More: GUJCET Results 2021
GUJCET 2021 Counselling
All eligible candidates are expected to attend the GUJCET 2021 Counselling process to get admitted. Candidates are expected to bring all the original documents as they will be prescribed in the GUJCET 2021 notification.
Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) will be the committee responsible for conducting the GUJCET counselling 2021. The students must clear the exam to be able to participate in the counselling process.
The ACPC authority will also be doing the seat allotment for the counselling process. The counselling will be carried out through the online mode. Candidates will have to fill their choice online within a stipulated period that the ACPC will decide.
All the candidates whose names appeared on the merit list will be eligible for the counselling process. The counselling will be conducted based on cut off marks. All the qualified candidates who cleared the cut off will be given the admission allotment letter after the seat are allotted to the candidates.
In other words, the committee will prepare a merit list of student names eligible for GUJCET Counselling and then allocate the Government and Management seats to those students based on their rank and preference.
Documents required during Counselling
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- GUJCET 2021 scorecard
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- Non-Creamy Layer certificate (Only for OBC category)
- Physical disability certificate issued by the competent medical authority for physically handicapped candidates.
- Photograph of the candidate for states other than Gujarat secondary and higher secondary school examination board
- Certificate of ex-serviceman, duly issued by the Director, Sainik welfare board (SWB), Gujarat state or by the district Sainik welfare officer
- A copy of the certificate of in-serviceman issued by the CO of the respective unit in which he is serving.
- Income certificate
Read More: GUJCET Counselling 2021
GUJCET Contact Details
Address: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board.
Near Old Sachivalaya, Sector 10B, Sector 10, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Telephone Number: 072-23220691
Can we do any changes if we have done a mistake while applying for the GUJCET 2021 Exam?
No, changes cannot be done in the application form of GUJCET 2021 Exam after submitting it.
When will the GUJCET 2020 examination be conducted?
GUJCET 2020 Exam is going to be held on August 24, 2020.
What is the academic qualification required for applying the GUJCET 2021 Exam?
The students must have completed or pursuing Second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equal examination perceived by State/Central Government in order to apply for the GUJCET 2021 Exam.
When is the final date for submitting the online application form for GUJCET 2020?
Last date for Submission of completed online application for GUJCET 2020 is July 31, 2020.
What are the key factors which determines the cutoff marks of GUJCET examination?
The cutoff marks will be evaluated by the conducting authority based on the total number of candidates appeared for the GUJCET exam, overall difficulty level of the question paper and relative performance of the entire candidates. The cutoff marks varies each year on the basis of the factors mentioned.