Gujarat Common Entrance Test, commonly known as GUJCET, is a state-level exam conducted by the Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board that acts as a gateway for admission in engineering and pharmacy courses colleges of Gujarat. Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) announced the Round 2 seat allotment result of GUJCET 2021 on Oct 6, 2021.
Candidates can look below to know the details about GUJCET, how to apply for the exam, application process, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility to appear for the exam, etc.
Latest Updates for GUJCET:
- Oct 6, 2021: Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) has announced the Round 2 seat allotment result of GUJCET 2021.
- Sep 23, 2021: Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) has announced the Round 1 seat allotment result of GUJCET 2021. The last date to confirm the allotted seat and pay the fee is Sep 29, 2021.
- Sep 15, 2021: The choice locking and filling for GUJCET 2021 Counselling Round 1 has started today. Candidates are required to fill in and lock their choices by Sep 19, 2021.
- Aug 23, 2021: The counselling schedule for GUJCET 2021 is revised. Check the new schedule at GUJCET Counselling.
- What is GUJCET Exam?
- GUJCET 2021 Exam Date
- GUJCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- GUJCET 2021 Application Form
- GUJCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- GUJCET 2021 Syllabus
- GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
- GUJCET 2021 Exam Centres
- GUJCET 2021 Answer Key
- GUJCET 2021 Result
- GUJCET 2021 Counselling
- GUJCET 2021 Cut Off
- GUJCET Contact Information
What is GUJCET Exam?
Gujarat Common Entrance Test, abbreviated as GUJCET, is an entrance examination for admissions to various undergraduate programs in the state of Gujarat. GUJCET 2021 examination will be the gateway for candidates who are seeking admission into B.Tech, B.Plan, and B.Pharma programs in all private and government institutions located in the state of Gujarat. GUJCET 2021 exam will be held on Aug 6, 2021.
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Educational Board (GSEB) has the complete authority to conduct the GUJCET 2021 examination and allocate the seats to the registered candidates based on their performance in the GUJCET 2021 examination. Candidates seeking admission to Undergraduate Engineering/Pharma and Planning Programs in the top Engineering/Pharma colleges in Gujarat can take up the GUJCET 2021.
Approximately 1.2 Lakh students register for the exam every year; out of which more than 75,000 students register for Engineering Stream, and around 50,000 students register for the Pharmaceutical stream.
|Full Form||Gujarat Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducted Body||Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
GUJCET 2021 Courses Offered
Candidates appearing for the GUJCET exam can get admitted to several courses offered by the institute. Following are the undergraduate courses offered through the GUJCET 2021 examination.
|B.E/ B.Tech||4 years|
GUJCET Exam Date 2021
It is important for candidates to know the GUJCET 2021 important dates of the events that will take place for admission to various institutes in Gujarat. Candidates can check the important dates of the GUJCET 2021 examination below.
|Application Form Release Date||Jun 23, 2021|
|Application Form Last Date||Jul 14, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||Jul 24, 2021|
|Exam Date||Aug 6, 2021|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||Aug 14, 2021|
|Objection Window||Aug 14, 2021 - Aug 17, 2021|
|Result Declaration||Aug 21, 2021|
GUJCET 2021 Counselling Dates
The counselling schedule has been released for GUJCET. The candidates can register for GUJCET 2021 Counselling from Jul 26, 2021.
Read more: GUJCET 2021 Counselling Dates
GUJCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility refers to the terms and conditions that a candidate who appears for the exam must satisfy to take the GUJCET 2021 exam. Suppose a candidate clears the exam but does not fit the eligibility criteria. In that case, they will be disqualified from the admission process as soon as the authority discovers this at any stage in the process. So a candidate must meet the following GUJCET 2021 Eligibility criteria. Some of the eligibility criteria are discussed below.
Candidates have to be the citizen of India in order to satisfy the GUJCET eligibility criteria 2021.
Candidates have to be permanent residents of the state of Gujarat. The domicile rules are as follows. The candidate must fall under any one of the points mentioned below.
- The candidate must be a Gujarat resident by birth
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 in a school situated in Gujarat
- Parents of the candidate must belong to Gujarat and must be living there at the time of admission
The age of the candidate should not be less than 17 years.
The educational qualification required to be eligible for the GUJCET exam are as follows.
- Candidates should have passed Class 12 from institutions recognized by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Board.
- Even the final year candidates of class 12 can apply for this exam.
- Applicants must have secured a minimum of 45% of marks (General Category) and 40% (Reserved Category) of marks in Class 12 examinations.
Read More: GUJCET Eligibility 2021
GUJCET 2021 Application Form
The candidates must follow the given guidelines to fill the application form.
- The application form can be filled before the last date of the application form.
- In case the forms are incomplete, then the conducting authority will not accept the application forms. So the candidate must fill up the application form with utmost importance.
- Suppose the candidate provides any wrong information in the submitted form that doesn't match the candidate's original documents. In that case, his or her candidature will get rejected at any stage of the admission process.
The step by step process to fill the GUJCET 2021 application form is given below.
- Interested Candidates must visit the official website of the conducting authority. Click on "New Candidate Registration" and fill in all the particulars in the form, such as candidate's name, father's name, mother's name, gender, mobile number, personal email ID.
- Candidates should fill in the name according to their 12th class transcript. A change in the name will result in the rejection of the applicant's registration form.
- After the registration, candidates must now log in using the registered mobile number and password. If the candidate has forgotten his/her password, they can click on "Forgot password" and change it again.
- After the login, the candidate can upload their passport-sized photograph and scanned copy of their signature. The file size should be in the range of 5 KB and 50 KB and JPEG/JPG format. All the attachments uploaded by the applicant must be visible.
- Candidates have to pay the GUJCET 2021 registration fee of INR 300 before the last day. They can do it through Debit Card/ Credit Card or Net Banking.
- After the online payment is successful, a reference ID will be generated, saved for further references. Candidates do not have to send the hard copy of the application form to the concerned authority. If the GUJCET 2021 application form is submitted successfully, candidates can download the admit card when the examination authority releases it.
Read More: GUJCET Application Form 2021
GUJCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must know the exam pattern of GUJCET 2021 to fetch more marks and crack the exam. The Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board will decide the GUJCET 2021 Exam pattern based on which the exam will be conducted. The pattern summary is tabulated below.
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Number of Questions||120 questions|
Read More: GUJCET Exam pattern 2021
GUJCET 2021 Syllabus
For a better result, preparation of topics from the syllabus is a must. Various subjects and topics on which the questions will be asked inGUJCET 2021 are given below. In the academic year 2020-21, after reducing the thirty percent syllabus, the seventy percent syllabus prescribed for the higher secondary certificate examination standard-12, science stream by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board will be the syllabus for GUJCET 2021.
GUJCET 2021 Physics Syllabus
Physics is one of the most important sections of the GUJCET exam. Following is the list of topics from Physics.
|Electric Charge & Electric Field||Ray Optics|
|Electrostatic Potential & Capacitance||Wave Optics|
|Current Electricity||Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter|
|Magnetic Effect of Electric Current||Atoms|
|Magnetism & Matter||Nucleus|
|Electromagnetic Induction||Semi-Conductor Electronics|
|Alternating Current||Communication System|
GUJCET 2021 Chemistry Syllabus
Following is the list of topics from Chemistry.
|Solid State||Surface Chemistry|
|Solutions||f Block Elements|
|Electrochemistry||Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound|
|General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements||Aldehydes|
|P-Block Elements – II||Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|Phenols and Ethers||Polymers|
|Chemical Kinetics||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
GUJCET 2021 Mathematics Syllabus
Following is the list of topics from Mathematics.
|Definite Integration||Sets, Relations & Functions|
|Indefinite Integration||Theory of Equations|
|Limit||Three Dimensional Geometry|
|Permutation & Combination||-|
GUJCET 2021 Biology Syllabus
The topics covered in biology are fairly simple and short. Following is the list of topics from Biology.
|Plant Biology and Physiology||Genetics and Molecular basics of inheritance|
|Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Reproduction in Organism||Biotechnology: Principles and Processes|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology-1 and 2||Ecology and Evolution|
A candidate should know some tips & tricks in order to qualify for the GUJCET 2021 exam with good marks. Some tips are shared below.
- Try to make a strategy & a timetable so that you can give equal time to each subject.
- Solve the last 4-5 years question papers & mock tests of the examination.
- As far as the preparation is concerned revision should be given a fair amount of time.
Read More: GUJCET Syllabus 2021
GUJCET 2021 Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully registered for the GUJCET 2021 examination can download the admit card from the official website. GUJCET 2021 admit card is always issued online by the GSEB at the official website. The GUJCET 2021 admit card contains important details such as the Candidate's Name, Roll Number, Parent's Name, Application Form Number, Exam Centre, Medium of Paper, Seat Number, Date of Exam, and other exam-related information and guidelines.
How to Download the GUJCET 2021 Admit Card?
Follow these steps to download GUJCET 2021 admit card.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.gujacpc.nic.in/
- Step 2: Click on the GUJCET admit card link.
- Step 3: Enter your application number and date of birth.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘submit’ option.
- Step 5: The candidate's GUJCET 2021 admit card will appear on your computer screen.
- Step 6: Download the GUJCET 2021 admit card and take its printout.
GUJCET 2021 Admit Card Content
The GUJCET Admit Card contains the following details.
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s Name
- Roll Number
- Exam Date
- Exam Time Slot
- Seat Number
- Examination Centre Address
Note: It is the most important document that needs to be carried to the examination centre on the day of the exam. Aspirants will only be allowed to enter the examination centre only if they carry their valid GUJCET 2021 admit card and a Government Photo ID proof with them. Candidates must go through the instructions mentioned in order to be aware of the dos and don'ts, and things that are restricted inside the test centre.
Read More: GUJCET Admit Card 2021
GUJCET 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates are welcome to opt for their preferred locations while filling the GUJCET 2021 application form. GUJCET 2021 has arranged as many as 34 exam centres spread all across Gujarat, and the candidates can choose any of the locations to write the examination. The allotted exam centre to the candidate will be mentioned on their admit card. Once the exam centres are allotted, they can not be altered by the conducting authority. Therefore the candidate must choose the exam centre wisely according to their convenience. The list of exam centres is given in the table below.
|S.No||District||Test Centre Name|
|2||Ahmedabad (Rural)||Ahmedabad (Rural)|
|7||Junagadh & Diu||Junagadh|
|16||Valsad & Daman, Dadranagar Haveli||Valsad|
|30||Chhota Udepur||Chotta Udepur|
Note: Candidates need to report to the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the exam starts. There will be multiple choices to select test cities which can be chosen by the candidate as per their preference.
Read More: GUJCET Exam Centers 2021
GUJCET 2021 Answer Key
Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board has released the GUJCET 2021 Provisional Answer Key on Aug 14, 2021. The last date to submit objections in the answer key is Aug 17, 2021. Candidates can submit their objections via email. With the help of the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key, candidates will be able to calculate the qualifying exam scores. The final answer key was released after all of the objections were checked. Candidates must remember that the authority takes no responsibility for sending the answer key via email or post. So they must follow these steps to download the GUJCET 2021 answer key.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Candidates need to click on the “Answer Key” link.
- Step 3: After accessing the link, the PDF format of “GUJCET 2021 Answer Key” will be shown on the screen.
- Step 4: Download the PDF to calculate your approximate score.
How to Challenge the GUJCET 2021 Answer Key?
The authority provides an option for the candidates to challenge the answer key in case they find any discrepancies in the answer key. The steps to challenge the GUJCET 2021 answer key are listed below:
- Step 1: A form will be released on the official website of GUJCET to challenge the answer key. Candidates need to fill up that form.
- Step 2: Candidates should download the form. After downloading it, enter question no. with the response number against which the objection is raised.
- Step 3: After filling the form, candidates should proceed with the payment. For each objection, candidates have to pay INR 500. The payment should be done through E-challan.
- Step 4: After the payment, candidates need to mail their form to the authorities on the given mail ID: gse[email protected] Along with the form candidates also need to attach their account no, IFSC code, bank name, and bank details.
- Step 5: The authorities will release the final answer key after delegation on each challenge posed. If the objections raised by the candidates are correct, then the amount paid for that objection will be refunded.
Read More: GUJCET Answer Key 2021
GUJCET 2021 Result
The merit list will be prepared based on 60% weightage of percentile marks secured in the theory exam of class 12th & 40% weightage of percentile marks get in the GUJCET exam.
Candidates can check their GUJCET 2021 results from the official website. To download the GUJCET 2021 result, the candidates will be required to enter their Login ID and the respective Password. Candidates should download and take the printout of the GUJCET 2021 scorecard for counselling and the admission process.
How to Download GUJCET Result 2021?
Candidates are advised to visit the official website and access the results using their 6-digit seat number. Follow the steps mentioned below to access the GUJCET 2021 Result:
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the result link.
- Step 3: Enter the 6-digit seat number and click on “Go”.
- Step 4: The result will be displayed.
- Step 5: Candidates can download the result and take a printout of the same. It must be noted that the GUJCET result validity is one year.
Details on the GUJCET 2021 Result
The following details are mentioned in the GUJCET 2021 result scorecard.
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s 6-digit Seat Number
- Exam Group
- Subject-wise Marks
- Total Marks
- Percentile Rank
Read More: GUJCET Results 2021
GUJCET 2021 Counselling
Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) has announced the Round 2 seat allotment result of GUJCET 2021 on Oct 6, 2021. All eligible candidates are expected to attend the GUJCET 2021 counselling process to get admitted. Candidates are expected to bring all the original documents as they will be prescribed in the notification.
- Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) is the committee responsible for conducting the GUJCET counselling 2021. The students must clear the exam to be able to participate in the counselling process.
- The ACPC authority will also be doing the seat allotment for the counselling process. The counselling will be carried out through the online mode. Candidates will have to fill their choice online within a stipulated period that the ACPC will decide.
- All the candidates whose names appeared on the merit list will be eligible for the counselling process. The counselling will be conducted based on cut off marks. All the qualified candidates who cleared the cut off will be given the admission allotment letter after the seat are allotted to the candidates.
- In other words, the committee will prepare a merit list of student names eligible for GUJCET Counselling and then allocate the Government and Management seats to those students based on their rank and preference.
Documents Required During Counselling
The following documents are required during the counselling procedure.
HSC (10+2) Mark Sheet
Income Certificate (for TFWs candidates)
Schedule Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribes Certificate
Certificate of Socially and Educationally Class (SEBC)
Certificate of EWSs (Economically weaker sections)
Certificate of In-Serviceman candidate
Persons with Disability (PWD) Certificate
Read More: GUJCET Counselling 2021
GUJCET 2021 Cut Off
Every year Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Educational Board publishes the GUJCET cutoff 2021. Candidates who clear the cut off will be called for further rounds of the admission process. It is essential for candidates to clear the eligibility requirements in order to secure a seat. Some of the important factors that are considered for cut off are listed below.
- Performance of the candidate in the qualifying exam
- Previous years cut off trends
- The total number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- The total number of questions in the paper.
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Seat availability
GUJCET Cut Off 2021
The conducting authorities released the institute-wise and course-wise rank lists for all candidates on the official website. Candidates can check the same in the table created below. The GUJCET cutoff for medical, GUJCET cutoff for engineering, etc. can be found on the website.
|Cutoff Marks (Institute Wise)||Click here|
|Cutoff Marks (Course Wise)||Click here|
|Cutoff Marks (Category Wise)||Click here|
GUJCET Contact Details
Address: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board.
Near Old Sachivalaya, Sector 10B, Sector 10, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Telephone Number: 072-23220691
Can we do any changes if we have done a mistake while applying for the GUJCET 2021 Exam?
No, changes cannot be done in the application form of GUJCET 2021 Exam after submitting it.
When will the GUJCET 2020 examination be conducted?
GUJCET 2020 Exam is going to be held on August 24, 2020.
What is the academic qualification required for applying the GUJCET 2021 Exam?
The students must have completed or pursuing Second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equal examination perceived by State/Central Government in order to apply for the GUJCET 2021 Exam.
When is the final date for submitting the online application form for GUJCET 2020?
Last date for Submission of completed online application for GUJCET 2020 is July 31, 2020.
What are the key factors which determines the cutoff marks of GUJCET examination?
The cutoff marks will be evaluated by the conducting authority based on the total number of candidates appeared for the GUJCET exam, overall difficulty level of the question paper and relative performance of the entire candidates. The cutoff marks varies each year on the basis of the factors mentioned.