Around 2,15,000 students appear for the TS EAMCET exam for Engineering, Agriculture and Pharmacy courses combined. TS EAMCET is an exam which opens various doors for students in Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Fields. Give the TS EAMCET 2020 exam to enroll yourself in the best colleges of Telangana State.
- July 8, 2020: The last date to apply for the TS EAMCET 2020 with late fee of INR 10,000/- is extended to July 15, 2020.
- The Telangana State Education Board has decided to postpone the examination further due to the alarming increase in the number of COVID-19 cases. The new TS EAMCET 2020 exam dates will be updated soon.
- What is TS EAMCET?
- Courses Offered
- TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Date
- TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility
- TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus
- TS EAMCET Exam Pattern
- TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form Extended
- TS EAMCET 2020 Application Process
- TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Centres
- TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card
- TS EAMCET 2020 Results
- TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling
- Contact Details
- Exam Instructions
- Related Exams
What is TS EAMCET 2020?
- About: TS EAMCET 2020 is a state-level entrance examination. It stands for Telangana Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test and serves as a gateway for the students to get admissions to Agricultural, Medical, and Engineering courses such as B.Sc (Hons), B.Tech, B.V.Sc, B.Pharma, B.F.Sc, and Pharma-D. The aspirants who qualify this exam are eligible to take admission into the best colleges of the state of Telangana. The students may get admission in government colleges and private as well which are based only in Telangana. Those aspirants who qualify entrance exam, will be able to take admission in various engineering and medical colleges.
- Grandiosity: Be it for creative examination design, presentation of innovation into the assessment procedure, reporting of results, the applicants to compose bother free test, there has been each endeavour attempted every year as far as raising the quality and level of the lead of TS EAMCET 2020.
- Level: TS EAMCET 2020 is a state-level exam conducted for the candidates from the newly formed Telangana state.
- Admissions: Candidates seeking admissions in Top engineering colleges, Top pharmacy colleges, and Top agriculture colleges in the state of Telangana can take up the TS EAMCET 2020.
- Frequency: TS EAMCET 2020 is conducted once a year usually in the month of May.
- Authority: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance (TS EAMCET 2020) is being conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
TS EAMCET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Telangana State Engineering Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTUH), Hyderabad|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium||Urdu, English, and Telugu|
|TS EAMCET Official Website||tseamcet.nic.in|
|Helpline number||7660009768, 7660009769|
Courses Offered Through TS EAMCET 2020
Below mentioned are the courses that are offered through TS EAMCET 2020. Candidates who get through the exam and the counseling process can get admissions to the courses mentioned below.
Courses available for Agriculture through TS EAMCET Exam are given below in the table:
|B.Sc.Hons (Agriculture)||B.Sc (CA & BM) (Bi.P.C)-Bachelor of Science (Commercial Agriculture & Business Management)|
|B.Sc.Hons (Horticulture)||BAMS-Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery|
|B.V.Sc & Animal Husbandry||BNYS-Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science|
|B.F.Sc-Bachelor of Fisheries & Science||B.Pharma (Bi.P.C)-Bachelor Of Pharmacy Pharm-D (Bi.P.C)-Doctor of Pharmacy|
|B.Tech-Food Science & Technology||B.Tech BioTechnology (Bi.P.C)-Bachelor Of Technology In Bio-Technology|
The courses available for the Engineering category after TS EAMCET are given below:
|B.E/ B.Tech||Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology|
|B.Tech (Agri.Engg)||Bachelor Of Technology (Agriculture Engineering)|
|B.Tech (Bio-Technology) (M.P.C)||Bachelor Of Technology (Bio-Technology)(M.P.C)|
|B.Tech (Dairy Technology)||Bachelor of Technology (Dairy Technology)|
|B.Tech (Food Science & Technology)||Bachelor Of Technology (Food Science & Technology)|
|B.Tech/ B.Sc(CA & BM)(M.P.C)||Bachelor Of Science (Commercial Agriculture & Business Management)|
TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Date
- Application Form: The Application Form is available on the official website
- Admit Card: TS EAMCET 2020 admit card will be released on the official website.
- Exam Date: TS EAMCET 2020 exam dates are updated in the important dates section.
- The exam will happen in the forenoon and in the afternoon session. The timings have been scheduled and the morning session will take place from 10 am to 1 pm and the afternoon sessions are conducted between 3 pm and 6 pm.
- Result: Result for the completed TS EAMCET 2020 will be declared by the conducting authority on the official website.
- The counselling schedule will be announced shortly after the results are declared.
- The official dates are yet to be released. It will be updated in the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Dates section.
|Important Events of TS EAMCET 2020||Dates|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form Start Date||February 21, 2020|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form Last Date||June 10, 2020|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Date||To be announced|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Result Date||To be announced|
TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Domicile: Candidate should be an Indian National. Candidates should belong to the state of Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh and should fulfil Local/ Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh in order to fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/ and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates applying for Engineering and Pharmacy courses should be at least 16 years of age on or before December 31 2020.
- Educational qualifications: Eligibility Criteria are different for different courses, candidates should have passed or appeared for the final exam of 10+2 where the exam should consist of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as a mandatory subject conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana / Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates must have passed in 10+2 or appearing in order to be eligible to apply for TS EAMCET. Candidates must have scored at least 45% of marks or 40% of marks in the case of SC/ST/OBC.
- For admissions to the Pharmacy or Agriculture program, you can only appear for PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subject group and for the Engineering program, candidates can only appear in the PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) group.
- Diploma: Candidate who had completed there diploma degree can also appear for TS EAMCET 2020
- To know about the eligibility criteria for agricultural courses, go through the TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility section
|Education||10+2 or Equivalent|
|Age Limit||16 years of age on or before December 31 2020|
TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus
Authority: The Board of Intermediate Education of Telangana releases the syllabus of TS EAMCET every year.
Topics: TS EAMCET Engineering paper will consist of questions from Physics & Chemistry and Mathematics. TS EAMCET Agriculture paper will consist of questions from Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Important Topics for Physics: Thermodynamics & Heat, System of Particles, Energy & Power, Laws of Motion, Motion in a Plane, Moving Charges, Magnetism, Gravitation, Current Electricity, Oscillations & Waves, Kinetic Theory, Waves Optics, Electric Charges and Fields, Current Electricity.
- Important Topics for Chemistry: Mole Concept, Atomic Structure, and Chemical Bonding, Electrochemistry, Classification of Elements, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Surface Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, Gaseous and Liquid States, Hydrocarbon, Metals and Metallurgy, Ethers, Phenols, Carbohydrate, Amines, Polymers, Amino acids, and proteins.
- Important Topics for Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Vectors, Probability, Analytical Geometry, Calculus.
- Important Topics for Zoology: Invertebrate Phyla, Phylum: Chordata, Ecology & Environment, Human Anatomy, and Physiology - 1, Human Reproduction, Genetics, Organic Evolution, Applied Biology, Structural Organisation in Animals.
- Important Topics for Botany: Diversity in the Living World, Morphology of Flowering Plants, Reproduction in Plants, Cell - The Unit of Life, Plant Ecology, Plant Physiology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Internal Organisation of Plants, Biotechnology and its applications, Plants, Microbes and Human Welfare.
Reference Books: EAMCET Physics (Andhra Pradesh & Telangana) by Arihant Experts, EAMCET Chemistry (Andhra Pradesh & Telangana) by Arihant Experts, EAMCET Mathematics (Andhra Pradesh & Telangana) by Arihant Experts, EAMCET Crash Course Biology by Annapurna Experts.
TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Duration & Questions: TS EAMCET 2020 will be conducted for 3 hours and a total of 160 questions will be asked from subjects like Mathematics (80 questions), Physics (40 questions), and Chemistry (40 questions). TS EAMCET 2020 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT).
The question paper has objective type questions and the language of the question paper will be in English, Telugu or Urdu. All questions will be of objective type (multiple-choice questions) and each question carries one mark and there is no negative marking.
TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus includes topics from Class 11 and Class 12 of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
To know about the number of sections in the question paper, students are advised to go through the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern section.
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||Physics & Chemistry - 2 Hours, Biology or Mathematics - 1 Hour|
|Total Marks||160 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Marks for Correct Answers No Negative Marking|
|Medium||English, Telugu, and Urdu|
TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form
TS EAMCET Application Form released on the official website on February 21, 2020. TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form corrections can be done on the official website.
The conducting authority, JNT University, Hyderabad will conduct the examination in online mode. It is expected that around two lakh students are applying for the TS EAMCET this year.
TS EAMCET 2020 Application Process
Candidates who are appearing for TS EAMCET 2020 have to enter their Qualifying Examination, Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket No, Year of Appearing / Passing, Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Stream, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, SSC or 10th Class Hall Ticket Number while completing the Application Process. Candidates are supposed to enter the details required and are advised to fill the correct information.
The payment for TS EAMCET 2020 can be done in two ways. One can pay by visiting the AP/ TS Online Centers/ Mee Seva Centers/ e-Seva centers in Telangana/ AP and the other method is through Online payment using the Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
Detailed step-by-step instruction of how to fill the form and upload the necessary documents is provided in TS EAMCET 2020 Application Process.
|Registration Fee||Engineering/ Agriculture: General - INR 800/-; SC/ST - INR 400/-|
|Both Agriculture & Engineering: General - INR 1600/-; SC/ST- INR 800/-|
|Photograph Size||Less than 50 KB|
|Signature Size||Less than 30 KB|
TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates will be given the choice to select the TS EAMCET Exam Centres preferences when they will be filling their form. Exam centres for TS EAMCET are 18 in total which are located in various cities of Telangana (14 centers) and Andhra Pradesh (4 centers).
- Hyderabad is divided into five zones namely Hyderabad West, Hyderabad North, Hyderabad Central, Hyderabad East, and Hyderabad South- East.
- Once the option is selected, request for change of test zone/center will not be entertained later.
- Convener reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Convener reserves the right to allocate any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
Note: The candidates are advised to check the feasibility to reach any exam centre while the selection of choices to ensure the allotment of an exam centre that would be accessible from their residence.
TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card
- Official Website: The registered candidates can download their Admit Card from the official site of TS EAMCET by entering the necessary credentials.
- Details on Admit Card: The candidates can find their Name, Exam Date, Exam Centre, Date of Birth, Photo, Signature, etc., in their respective Admit Cards.
- Verify: Before downloading the TS EAMCET Admit Card, candidates are advised to verify all the details mentioned in the card.
- Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy, it must be reported immediately to the concerned authorities.
TS EAMCET 2020 Results
- Result Date: TS EAMCET 2020 Results are announced by the conducting body, JNTU Hyderabad online on Telangana EAMCET official website.
- Separate Results: The results are released separately for Engineering and Agriculture & Medical examinations.
- Rank Card:
- A separate Rank Card will there on the official website.
- The rank is calculated based on 75% weightage to the Normalised marks secured in TS EAMCET
- 25% weightage to the marks secured in the relevant group subjects namely Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry of the qualifying examination.
- Cut-off: Minimum of 25% marks is required to qualify in TS EAMCET for General/ OBC category and there are no qualifying marks for reserved category.
TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling
- Schedule: TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling will take place shortly after results declaration and all the eligible candidates are required to attend the counselling without fail.
- Certificate Verification: Certificate or document verification is held at any one of the designated HLCs (Help Line Centers).
- Documents required: Candidates need to bring their original Admit Card, Rank Card, Marks Sheets, Photo Id for proof to the Counselling Centre.
- Rank: Candidates are called for the admissions according to their TS EAMCET 2020 Ranks.
- Course & College: Post verification, candidates have to fill in the option of courses/ colleges as per their preferences.
- The counselling process involves document verification. Hence, the required documents should be brought by the students on the counseling day.
TS EAMCET 2020 Contact Details
- Address: Examinations Building, Ground Floor, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Kukatpally, Hyderabad - 500 085. Telangana.
- Phone: +91-40-2315 0362
- Timings: 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: eamcet.tsche.ac.in
Important Instructions for TS EAMCET 2020
- TS EAMCET 2020 Hall Ticket along with Filled In Online Application Form with duly affixed recent colour photograph attested by Gazetted Officer
- The principal of the College where the TS EAMCET 2020 candidate has studied the qualifying examination. However, the Signature of the candidate and Left-Hand Thumb impression is to be filled in the respective spaces provided in the Filled In Online Application form in the presence of Invigilator only.
Normalization of TS EAMCET 2020 Score
As the examination conducted in multiple sessions, in order to maintain equality and fairness, JNTUH follows normalization of the TS EAMCET Score. The TS EAMCET normalization formula is explained below:
Calculation of Normalised Marks:
SASD: Sum of Average (A) and Standard Deviation (SD) of the subject of a session in which the candidate appeared.
GASD: Sum of Average (A) and Standard Deviation (SD) of all the candidates across all sessions of the subject put together.
STA: Average mark of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the subject of a session in which the candidate appeared.
GTA: Average mark of the top 0.1% of all the candidates across all the sessions of the subject put together.
Other Important Instructions
- TS EAMCET 2020 Hall ticket issued to the candidate is an important document. Candidates are required to preserve it carefully.
- Hall ticket is not transferable. Hall Tickets should not be tampered with, or it will lead to the disqualification of candidature.
- The candidate shall arrive at the examination hall at least half an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall once the examination has begun.
- Candidates are required to bring the following to the examination hall:
- Hall Ticket
- A good Ball Point Pen (Blue or Black)
- Filled In Online Application Form and
- Attested copy of Caste certificate (in case of SC/ST category candidates only).
- Candidates should not bring Log books, Tables, Calculators, Pagers, Cell Phones, etc. are not allowed inside the examination room and any candidate is found to carry any forbidden material will be disqualified from attending the exam.
- The TS EAMCET 2020 Question Paper Booklet given to the candidate shall consist of 160 questions (multiple choice type) in three different sections subject wise with four responses given to each question out of which only one response is correct for the given question.
- Candidates shall mark the correct answer in the TS EAMCET 2020 Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet by shading in Dark the appropriate circle with Blue/ Black Ball Point Pen.
- The candidates are required to answer all the questions. All questions carry equal marks. There is no negative mark for an incorrect answer.