Around 2,15,000 students appear for the TS EAMCET exam for Engineering, Agriculture and Pharmacy courses combined. TS EAMCET is an exam which opens various doors for students in Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Fields. Give the TS EAMCET 2020 exam to enrol yourself in the best colleges of Telangana State.
Latest News on TS EAMCET 2020
- September 21, 2020: The admit card for the Agriculture and Medicine Exams of the TS EAMCET 2020 is out now. Candidates can click here to log in and download the same.
- September 18, 2020: The provisional answer keys for the TS EAMCET 2020 Engineering Exam are released now. Candidates can submit their objections until September 20, 2020 (5:00 PM). Check the TS EAMCET 2020 Answer Key section for more details.
- The admit card for the Agriculture and Medicine Exam will be available between September 21 and September 25, 2020.
- The TS EAMCET 2020 Engineering Exam was successfully conducted from September 9 to September 14, 2020. The provisional answer keys will be released soon.
- What is TS EAMCET?
- Courses Offered
- TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Date
- TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility
- TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus
- TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form
- TS EAMCET 2020 Application Process
- TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Centres
- TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card
- TS EAMCET 2020 Answer key
- TS EAMCET 2020 Results
- TS EAMCET 2020 Cutoffs
- TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling
- Contact Details
- Exam Instructions
- Related Exams
What is TS EAMCET 2020?
TS EAMCET stands for Telangana Engineering, Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test. TS EAMCET is a state-level entrance examination for the students to get admissions for Agricultural, Medical, and Engineering courses such as B.Sc (Hons), B.Tech, B.V.Sc, B.Pharma, B.F.Sc, and Pharma-D in colleges of Telangana. The aspirants who qualify this exam are eligible to take admission into the best colleges of the state of Telangana. The students may get admission in government colleges and private as well which are based only in Telangana. Those aspirants who qualify the entrance exam will be able to take admission to various engineering and medical colleges.
- Level: TS EAMCET 2020 is a state-level exam conducted for the candidates from the newly formed Telangana state.
- Admissions: Candidates seeking admissions in Top engineering colleges, Top pharmacy colleges, and Top agriculture colleges in the state of Telangana can take up the TS EAMCET.
- Frequency: TS EAMCET is conducted once a year usually in the month of May.
- Authority: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance (TS EAMCET) is being conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) on behalf of Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE).
TS EAMCET 2020 Highlights
Given below are the highlights of the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam.
|Exam Name||Telangana State Engineering Agriculture & Medical Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTUH), Hyderabad|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Medium||Urdu, English, and Telugu|
|TS EAMCET Official Website||tseamcet.nic.in|
|Helpline number||7660009768, 7660009769|
Courses Offered Through TS EAMCET 2020
Below mentioned are the courses that are offered through TS EAMCET 2020. Candidates who get through the exam and the counseling process can get admissions to the courses given below.
Courses available for Agriculture through TS EAMCET 2020 Exam are given below in the table:
|B.Sc.Hons (Agriculture)||B.Sc (CA & BM) (Bi.P.C)-Bachelor of Science (Commercial Agriculture & Business Management)|
|B.Sc.Hons (Horticulture)||BAMS-Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery|
|B.V.Sc & Animal Husbandry||BNYS-Bachelor of Naturopathy & Yogic Science|
|B.F.Sc-Bachelor of Fisheries & Science||B.Pharma (Bi.P.C)-Bachelor Of Pharmacy Pharm-D (Bi.P.C)-Doctor of Pharmacy|
|B.Tech-Food Science & Technology||B.Tech BioTechnology (Bi.P.C)-Bachelor Of Technology In Bio-Technology|
The courses available for the Engineering category after TS EAMCET 2020 are given below:
|B.E/ B.Tech||Bachelor of Engineering/ Bachelor of Technology|
|B.Tech (Agri.Engg)||Bachelor Of Technology (Agriculture Engineering)|
|B.Tech (Bio-Technology) (M.P.C)||Bachelor Of Technology (Bio-Technology)(M.P.C)|
|B.Tech (Dairy Technology)||Bachelor of Technology (Dairy Technology)|
|B.Tech (Food Science & Technology)||Bachelor Of Technology (Food Science & Technology)|
|B.Tech/ B.Sc(CA & BM)(M.P.C)||Bachelor Of Science (Commercial Agriculture & Business Management)|
TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Date
- Application Form: The TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form was available on the official website until August 31, 2020.
- Admit Card: TS EAMCET 2020 admit card will be released on the official website once the exam dates are decided.
- Exam Date: TS EAMCET 2020 exam dates are updated in the important dates section.
- The exam will happen in the forenoon and in the afternoon session. The timings have been scheduled and the morning session will take place from 10 am to 1 pm and the afternoon sessions are conducted between 3 pm and 6 pm.
- Result: Result for the completed TS EAMCET 2020 will be declared by the conducting authority on the official website.
- The counselling schedule will be announced shortly after the results are declared.
- The official dates are yet to be released. It will be updated in the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Dates section.
|Important Events of TS EAMCET 2020||Dates|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form Start Date||February 21, 2020|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form Last Date||June 10, 2020|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card Release Date - Engineering||September 3, 2020 - September 7, 2020|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card Release Date - AM||September 21, 2020 - September 25, 2020|
|TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Date||Engineering: September 9, 10, 11 and 14, 2020
Agriculture: September 28 and 29, 2020
Medical: September 28 and 29, 2020
|TS EAMCET 2020 Result Date||To be announced|
TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the pointers mentioned below carefully. It is important to meet the TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam.
- The candidate should be an Indian National. Candidates should belong to the state of Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh and should fulfill Local/ Non-Local status requirements as laid down in the Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh in order to fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/ and Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) can also apply for the exam.
Candidates applying for Engineering and Pharmacy courses should be at least 16 years of age on or before December 31, 2020.
Eligibility Criteria are different for different courses, candidates should have passed or appeared for the final exam of 10+2 where the exam should consist of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as mandatory subjects conducted by the Board of Intermediate Education, Telangana / Andhra Pradesh. Candidates must have passed in 10+2 or appearing in order to be eligible to apply for TS EAMCET. Candidates must have scored at least 45% of marks or 40% of marks in the case of SC/ST/OBC.
- For admissions to the Pharmacy or Agriculture program, you can only appear for PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subject group, and for the Engineering program, candidates can only appear in the PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) group.
- Diploma: Candidates who have completed their diploma degree can also appear for TS EAMCET 2020.
To know about the eligibility criteria for agricultural courses, go through the TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility section. The fundamentals of the TS EAMCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria are tabulated below.
Citizen of India, Domicile of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh
Persons of Indian Origin and Overseas Citizens of India are also eligible to apply
|Education||10+2 or Equivalent|
|Age Limit||16 years of age on or before December 31, 2020|
TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus
The Board of Intermediate Education of Telangana releases the Syllabus of TS EAMCET 2020 every year. TS EAMCET 2020 Engineering paper will consist of questions from Physics & Chemistry and Mathematics. TS EAMCET Agriculture paper will consist of questions from Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, and Physics. Given below are a few important topics from each subject.
- Important Topics for Physics: Thermodynamics & Heat, System of Particles, Energy & Power, Laws of Motion, Motion in a Plane, Moving Charges, Magnetism, Gravitation, Current Electricity, Oscillations & Waves, Kinetic Theory, Waves Optics, Electric Charges and Fields, Current Electricity.
- Important Topics for Chemistry: Mole Concept, Atomic Structure, and Chemical Bonding, Electrochemistry, Classification of Elements, Atomic Structure, Thermodynamics, Surface Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Chemical Kinetics, Gaseous and Liquid States, Hydrocarbon, Metals and Metallurgy, Ethers, Phenols, Carbohydrate, Amines, Polymers, Amino acids, and proteins.
- Important Topics for Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Vectors, Probability, Analytical Geometry, Calculus.
- Important Topics for Zoology: Invertebrate Phyla, Phylum: Chordata, Ecology & Environment, Human Anatomy, and Physiology - 1, Human Reproduction, Genetics, Organic Evolution, Applied Biology, Structural Organisation in Animals.
- Important Topics for Botany: Diversity in the Living World, Morphology of Flowering Plants, Reproduction in Plants, Cell - The Unit of Life, Plant Ecology, Plant Physiology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Internal Organisation of Plants, Biotechnology and its applications, Plants, Microbes and Human Welfare.
TS EAMCET 2020 Reference Books
A list of reference books is mentioned in the table below. Candidates can utilize reference books to understand difficult topics in detailed manner.
|Book||Author / Publication|
|EAMCET Physics (Andhra Pradesh & Telangana)||Arihant Experts|
|EAMCET Chemistry (Andhra Pradesh & Telangana)||Arihant Experts|
|EAMCET Mathematics (Andhra Pradesh & Telangana)||Arihant Experts|
|EAMCET Crash Course Biology||Annapurna Experts|
TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be aware of the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern thoroughly as it will give them an advantage in terms of preparation and cracking the exam. The highlights of the Exam Pattern are listed below:
- Mode of Examination: TS EAMCET 2020 will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Duration: TS EAMCET 2020 will be conducted for 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Questions: A total of 160 questions will be asked from subjects like Mathematics (80 questions), Physics (40 questions), and Chemistry (40 questions).
- Question Type: The question paper has objective type questions
- Language: TS EAMCET 2020 can be attempted in English, Telugu, or Urdu.
- Marking scheme: Each question carries one mark and there is no negative marking. Unattempted questions also do not affect the scores.
TS EAMCET 2020 Syllabus includes topics from Class 11 and Class 12 of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
To know about the number of sections in the question paper, students are advised to go through the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern section. The gist of the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Pattern is tabulated below.
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||Physics & Chemistry - 2 Hours, Biology or Mathematics - 1 Hour|
|Total Marks||160 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Marks for Correct Answers | No Negative Marking|
|Medium||English, Telugu, and Urdu|
TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form
TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form released on the official website on February 21, 2020. TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form corrections can be done on the official website.
The conducting authority, JNT University, Hyderabad will conduct the examination in online mode. It is speculated that around two lakh students would be applying for the TS EAMCET 2020
TS EAMCET 2020 Application Form: Important Documents
A candidate must keep the below-mentioned documents handy, before sitting down to fill-up the TS EAMCET 2020 application form:
- TS Online /AP online/credit card/debit card receipt form.
- Hall ticket number of 10+2 or equivalent.
- Date of birth certificate / SSC or equivalent certificate.
- Hall Ticket Certificate of Senior Secondary Certificate (SSC) or equivalent examination.
- Local Status (Andhra University (AU), Sri Venkateswara University (SVU) and Osmania University (OU) regions/ Non-local) certificate issued by MRO or competent authority.
- Income certificate, issued by MRO / competent authority.
- Study certificates from 10+2 / equivalent.
- Caste certificate issued by the MRO / Competent Authority.
- Special Category (NCC) Physically Handicapped (PH), Sports, CAP, etc.) certificate.
- Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI.
TS EAMCET 2020 Application Process
Given below are steps to complete the TS EAMCET 2020 Application Process:
- Go to the official website of TS EAMCET 2020 and complete the registration.
- Using credentials given in the registration, log in to the account and proceed to fill the application form.
- Candidates will have to enter their Qualifying Examination, Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket No, Year of Appearing / Passing, Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Stream, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, SSC or 10th Class Hall Ticket Number while completing the Application Process. Candidates are supposed to enter the details required and are advised to fill the correct information. They will also be asked to upload certain documents.
- The next step is to proceed to fee payment. The payment for TS EAMCET 2020 can be done in two ways. One can pay by visiting the AP/ TS Online Centers/ Mee Seva Centers/ e-Seva centres in Telangana/ AP and the other method is through Online payment using the Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Cross-check details in the application and after the payment is successful, submit the application form.
Detailed step-by-step instruction of how to fill the form and upload the necessary documents is provided in TS EAMCET 2020 Application Process. Given below are highlights of the TS EAMCET 2020 Application Fee and the Document specifications.
|Registration Fee||Engineering/ Agriculture: General - INR 800/-; SC/ST - INR 400/-|
|Both Agriculture & Engineering: General - INR 1600/-; SC/ST- INR 800/-|
|Photograph Size||Less than 50 KB|
|Signature Size||Less than 30 KB|
TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Centres
Candidates will be given the choice to select the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam Centres preferences when they fill out the application form. Exam centres for TS EAMCET are 18 in total which is located in various cities of Telangana (14 centres) and Andhra Pradesh (4 centres).
- Hyderabad is divided into five zones namely Hyderabad West, Hyderabad North, Hyderabad Central, Hyderabad East, and Hyderabad South- East.
- Once the option is selected, request for change of test zone/centre will not be entertained later.
- Convener reserves the right to add or delete some test zones notified.
- The Convener reserves the right to allocate any test zones other than that opted by the candidates.
Note: The candidates are advised to check the feasibility to reach any exam centre while the selection of choices to ensure the allotment of an exam centre that would be accessible from their residence.
TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card is required to be produced by the candidate at the exam centre in order to appear for the exam. The conducting authorities of the TS EAMCET 2020 Exam will release the admit card at least 10 days before the date of the exam. Candidates must download this and carry it on the day of the exam.
Given below are steps to download the TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card:
- The registered candidates can download their Admit Card from the official site of TS EAMCET 2020 by entering the necessary credentials.
- The candidates can find their Name, Exam Date, Exam Centre, Date of Birth, Photo, Signature, and other details mentioned below on their respective Admit Cards.
- Before downloading the TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card, candidates are advised to verify all the details mentioned in the card.
- In case of any discrepancy, it must be reported immediately to the concerned authorities.
TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card Contents
Candidates are advised to verify all the details mentioned in the TS EAMCET 2020 Admit Card
Date of Birth
Exam Date and Time
TS EAMCET Exam Center
Category and Gender of Candidate
TS EAMCET Hall Ticket Number
Candidate’s Photograph and Signature
Signature of Convener
Important Instructions for the Exam
TS EAMCET 2020 Answer key
The Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) will release the official answer keys a few weeks after the successful conduction of the TS EAMCET 2020 exam. Candidates can compare the answer key with their answers to arrive at the possible score. Candidates can follow the below steps in order to view the answer keys.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: In the notification, section click on the "Answer key" link.
Step 3: View the Pdf and download it.
Step 4: Take a print out of the same for future reference.
TS EAMCET 2020 Results
- Result Date: TS EAMCET 2020 Results are announced by the conducting body, JNTU Hyderabad online on Telangana State EAMCET official website.
- Separate Results: The results are released separately for Engineering and Agriculture & Medical examinations.
- Rank Card:
- A separate Rank Card will be available on the official website.
- The rank is calculated based on 75% weightage to the Normalised marks secured in TS EAMCET.
- 25% weightage to the marks secured in the relevant group subjects namely Mathematics or Biology, Physics, Chemistry of the qualifying examination.
- Cut-off: Minimum of 25% marks is required to qualify in TS EAMCET for the General/ OBC category and there are no qualifying marks for the reserved category.
Candidates can follow the steps given below to view the TS EAMCET 2020 Result.
Step 1: Visit the official website.
Step 2: In the notification section, click on the 'results' link.
Step 3: Login using the credentials provided at the time of registration.
Step 4: View and download the result.
Step 5: Take a printout of the same.
Apart from this, cut-offs are set every year based on which ranks will be calculated. Having an idea of previous year cut offs can be instrumental in planning how to crack the TS EAMCET Exam. To view cutoffs of previous years, click here.
TS EAMCET 2020 Cutoffs
Cutoff marks will be declared on the TS EAMCET 2020 official website a few days after the exam. TS EAMCET 2020 Cutoff marks are determined by the difficulty level of the exam, number of candidates who appeared for the exam, etc. Take a look at TS EAMCET 2019 Cutoffs for reference.
|JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad||140||127||125||98||120||91|
|Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Gandipet||145||111||111||65||103||51|
|Vasavi College Of Engineering, Ibrahimbagh||139||101||99||67||89||50|
|JNTU College Of Engineering, Karimnagar||134||101||103||65||96||54|
|Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Technology, Kokapet||133||101||100||42||91||36|
|MVSR Engineering College, Nadergul||122||88||103||55||96||45|
|Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bachupally, Kukatpally||144||112||108||67||99||61|
|Kakatiya Institute of Technology and Science, Warangal||121||56||99||41||81||37|
|University College of Engineering Osmania University, Hyderabad||134||98||102||67||97||61|
TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling
- Schedule: The TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling will take place shortly after results declaration and all the eligible candidates are required to attend the counselling without fail.
- Document Verification: Certificate or document verification is held at any one of the designated HLCs (Help Line Centers). Candidates need to bring their original Admit Card, Rank Card, Marks Sheets, and Photo ID for proof to the Counselling Centre.
- Rank: Candidates are called for the admissions according to their TS EAMCET 2020 Ranks.
- Course & College: Post verification, candidates have to fill in the option of courses/ colleges as per their preferences.
TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling Dates
The TS EAMCET 2020 counselling will be conducted by Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE) in offline mode for candidates who have qualified.
Below you will find dates for TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling:
TS EAMCET 2020 counselling payment Date
To be announced
To be announced
Freezing of options
To be announced
TS EAMCET 2020 seat allotment Result
To be announced
Tuition Fee payment & self-reporting
To be announced
Internal sliding at the institution
To be announced
Spot Admissions Completion
To be announced
NOTE: TS EAMCET Counselling process depends on merit i.e. the candidate's scores and ranks matter. Therefore, one must aim at rank marks in order to be called for counselling and to be able to choose the desired college and course. Document Verification is very important during the counselling process. Candidates are advised to keep the above-mentioned documents in hand.
Documents Required for TS EAMCET 2020 Counselling
Candidates must carry the below documents at the time of Counselling :
- TS EAMCET 2020 Rank Card
- TS EAMCET 2020 Hall Ticket
- Aadhar Card
- Transfer Certificate
- Income Certificate issued after January 1, 2018 (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate
- SSC certificate or its equivalent mark sheet
TS EAMCET 2020 Contact Details
- Address: Examinations Building, Ground Floor, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad, Kukatpally, Hyderabad - 500 085. Telangana.
- Phone: +91-40-2315 0362
- Timings: 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: eamcet.tsche.ac.in
Important Instructions for TS EAMCET 2020
- TS EAMCET 2020 Hall Ticket along with Filled In Online Application Form with duly affixed recent colour photograph attested by Gazetted Officer
- The principal of the College where the TS EAMCET 2020 candidate has studied the qualifying examination. However, the Signature of the candidate and Left-Hand Thumb impression is to be filled in the respective spaces provided in the Filled In Online Application form in the presence of Invigilator only.
Normalization of TS EAMCET 2020 Score
As the examination conducted in multiple sessions, in order to maintain equality and fairness, JNTUH follows normalization of the TS EAMCET Score. The TS EAMCET normalization formula is explained below:
Calculation of Normalised Marks:
SASD: Sum of Average (A) and Standard Deviation (SD) of the subject of a session in which the candidate appeared.
GASD: Sum of Average (A) and Standard Deviation (SD) of all the candidates across all sessions of the subject put together.
STA: Average mark of the top 0.1% of the candidates in the subject of a session in which the candidate appeared.
GTA: Average mark of the top 0.1% of all the candidates across all the sessions of the subject put together.
Other Important Instructions
- TS EAMCET 2020 Hall ticket issued to the candidate is an important document. Candidates are required to preserve it carefully.
- Hall ticket is not transferable. Hall Tickets should not be tampered with, or it will lead to the disqualification of candidature.
- The candidate shall arrive at the examination hall at least half an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall once the examination has begun.
- Candidates are required to bring the following to the examination hall:
- Hall Ticket
- A good Ball Point Pen (Blue or Black)
- Filled In Online Application Form and
- Attested copy of Caste certificate (in case of SC/ST category candidates only).
- Candidates should not bring Log books, Tables, Calculators, Pagers, Cell Phones, etc. are not allowed inside the examination room and any candidate is found to carry any forbidden material will be disqualified from attending the exam.
- The TS EAMCET 2020 Question Paper Booklet given to the candidate shall consist of 160 questions (multiple choice type) in three different sections subject wise with four responses given to each question out of which only one response is correct for the given question.
- Candidates shall mark the correct answer in the TS EAMCET 2020 Optical Mark Reader (OMR) answer sheet by shading in Dark the appropriate circle with Blue/ Black Ball Point Pen.
- The candidates are required to answer all the questions. All questions carry equal marks. There is no negative mark for an incorrect answer.