The results will be declared on the official website for all the candidates. The candidates who have appeared for the GCET exam can download their scorecards by using their login credentials.
GCET Results 2020
The Result will be available from January 1, 1970 in the official website which will be declared by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa. The provisional merit list of GCET 2020 will consist of the ranks secured by the candidates along with their 12th standard and GCET 2020 scores. Based on the cut-off marks DTE will prepare the merit list.
Tie Break: Situations where two or more candidates securing the same aggregate, marks may arise during the preparation of GCET 2020 merit list based on Marks obtained in one subject (subject priority Mathematics> Chemistry> Physics). If still, the tie is not breaking, then DET will check 12ts mathematics. If still, The tie is not breaking then higher age will get a higher rank.
Cut-off: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa will determine cut-off based on various factors, like Total capacity of the seat by specific course, Total seat available by the college, Performance of the candidate, Reservation for ST/SC/OBC, etc.
How to Check GCET/ GOA CET 2020 Results?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of GCET i.e. dte.goa.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on the link ‘GCET Results Declared’.
- Step 3: The result will display in a pdf format. All the qualified student's name will be displayed in that pdf file.
- Step 4: In a result, the candidate's Name, Roll Number Category, Marks Scored in each subject, and Rank will be mentioned.
- Step 5: Qualified candidates must download and take a printout of the scorecard which will be asked during the counselling process.
Details on the GCET/ GOA CET Scorecard
The scorecard will include the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Individual Subject Scores
- Total Marks
GCET/ GOA CET 2020 Merit List
Candidates will be able to access the provisional GCET 2020 Merit List after 2 weeks of the declaration of result. The provisional merit list of GCET 2020 will consist of the ranks secured by the candidates along with their 12th standard and GCET 2020 scores. The shortlisted candidates for GCET 2020 Counselling will be selected based on the GCET Merit List 2020.
- The Merit List for GCET 2020 will be published at the admission centre as well as online for all candidates.
- The name of the candidates, their 12th standard and GCET 2020 scores along with the ranks will be available in GCET Merit List.
- The candidates will be able to check their ranks as per their category in online mode.
- After checking their ranks, the candidates are advised to verify their allotted marks and details in the provisional merit list of GCET.
- If any mistakes are found in the released merit list, then the candidates will have to report to the committee within 24 hours. Objections raised after 24 hours will not be accepted.
Situations where two or more candidates securing the same aggregate marks may arise during the preparation of GCET 2020 Merit List. To break the tie in these situations, the authorities will use the following methods as per the listed order:
- Candidate with more marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- If there is a tie in Mathematics score, then the candidate who has scored more in Chemistry will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is still not broken, then the candidate with higher aggregate marks of Physics and Mathematics in the 12th standard will be ranked higher. If the tie still persists, then those candidates who have scored higher in Mathematics (12th standard) will be placed higher in the rank list.
- Finally, if the tie is still not broken, then the candidate who is older in age will be given preference.
GCET/ GOA CET 2020 Cut-off
- DTE, Goa conducts GCET 2020 and is the competent authority that decides GCET 2020 Cut-off marks.
- GCET 2020 cut-off determinants include various factors like candidates’ performance, seat capacity of the respective courses and the college, total number of test takers, the difficulty level of the paper and reservation policy.
- Applicants failing to meet GCET Cut-off 2020 will not be considered eligible for admissions to B.Tech/ BE programs at the universities and colleges in Goa.
- On the basis of GCET 2020 cut-off, Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa prepares GCET 2020 merit list for the examinees.
- Seats are allocated to candidates as per their ranks in GCET 2020 Merit List.