The JEE Main 2021 Admit Card for the January session is expected to release on January 4, 2021. Information regarding the JEE Main Admit Card is always communicated through the candidate's registered SMS or email ID.
JEE Main Admit Card Details
The JEE Main 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in). Login using the Application Number and Password to download the Admit Card.
Note: Carry a valid ID proof (Aadhaar Card/ Voter's ID card) along with the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card. Both of these documents are mandatory.
Helpdesk: In case of any queries or mismatches found on the admit card, candidates can contact the authority on [email protected]
|⭐JEE Main 2021||⭐JEE Main 2021 Exam Date||⭐JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern|
|⭐JEE Main 2021 Syllabus||⭐JEE Main 2021 Eligibility||⭐JEE Main 2021 Answer Key|
Admit Card Highlights
Carrying the Admit Card to the examination center is mandatory, failing with which you will not be allowed to the examination hall. It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity proof to the JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre along with the admit card.
|Availability||The JEE Main 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website.|
|Admit card release date||The admit cards were made available on January 4, 2021.|
|Issue of Admit Card||Admit cards will be issued only to those candidates who have completed the JEE Main 2021 application process properly and satisfied the JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria. If there are any discrepancies with the application form, the admit card will not be issued.|
|Verification||You are advised to check the details mentioned on your admit card with regards to your Name, Category, Gender, Exam Centre, Date of Examination, Signature, Application Number, etc thoroughly.|
|Admit Card is Mandatory||You will not be allowed to appear for the examination without the admit card. You will have to carry a printout copy of the JEE Main 2021 admit card to the examination centre on the specified exam date.|
JEE Main Admit Card Download
- Step 1: Go to the official website after the Admit Card has been released.
- Step 2: Scroll down the homepage and look for JEE Main 2021 admit card link: 'Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2021 (Server 1)' OR 'Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2021 (Server 2)'
- Step 3: Then enter your Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin and click on the "Login" button.
- If you have appeared in the latest Class XII board examinations, enter board exam Roll Number as well.
- Verify all the details and click on ‘Download Your Admit Card’.
- Submit the details to access and download the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card. Save the pdf copy and take multiple printouts of the same for further reference.
Admit Card Sample
A sample JEE Main Admit card is provided to help candidates get an idea about all the details mentioned on the admit card. The admit card will contain all the important details related to the candidates, the exam center and a few important instructions to be followed in the examination hall.
Forgot Application Number or Password?
You require the Application Number and Password to download the admit card. If you forget the Application Number or password, you will be able to recover it by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: Open the admit card page.
- Step 2: Click on the "Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2021" link.
- Step 2: Click on the "I can't access my account" link.
- Step 3: You will have to select one of the following options depending on what you want to retrieve:
- "Forgot my Password"
- "Forgot my Application Number"
- Step 4: The following options will be displayed for recovery. You will have to select any one and click on "Continue":
- Using the security question and answer selected while filling the Application Form.
- Using a verification text message (SMS) on the registered mobile number.
- Using the reset link on the registered Email.
- Step 5: This will redirect you to a page where you will have to fill in the following details per selected option:
- Candidate's name
- Mother's name
- Father's name
- Date of birth
- State Code of Eligibility
- Security pin (case sensitive)
- Step 6: Retrieve the Application number and Password.
JEE Main Admit Card Contents
Candidates need to check the details on the Admit Card before taking the printout, in case of any discrepancies candidates will have to contact the administration/authority immediately in order to get it rectified. If a candidate is found with an admit card that has faulty information then he/she will not be allowed to attempt the JEE Main 2021 Exam. The table below has all the details which will be printed on the admit card.
|Roll Number & Application Number|
|Date of Birth|
|State Code of Eligibility|
|Date of Examination & Timing|
|Signature of the Candidate|
JEE Main 2021 Exam Schedule
- JEE Main 2021 Paper-I and Paper-II will be conducted in 258 cities, across 36 Indian states and union territories.
- You will have to choose 4 exam centers while filling the application form.
- Paper-I and Paper-II exam schedules are notified by the NTA.
- The examination will be conducted on multiple days.
- You will be allotted only one unique slot to attempt JEE Main Exam.
JEE Main 2021 January Session
The computer-based test (CBT) will be conducted on multiple days starting from January 16, 2021 to January 22, 2021. The following table shows the tentative schedule of all the events related to Paper I and Paper II of the JEE Main 2021 January Session:
|Reporting Time at the Exam Center||7:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Entry into the Exam Hall||9:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Test Booklet distribution||9:20 AM||1:50 PM|
|Opening seal of the test booklet||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|The deadline to enter the exam hall||9:30 AM||2:20 PM|
|Commencement of exam||9:30 AM||2:30 PM|
JEE Main 2021 April Session
The official schedule for the JEE Main April session shall be announced later. JEE Main 2020 April exam was held between September 1, 2020 to September 6, 2020.
|Reporting Time at the Exam Center||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Entry into the Exam Hall||9:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Test Booklet distribution||9:20 AM||1:50 PM|
|Opening seal of the test booklet||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|The deadline to enter the exam hall||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Commencement of exam||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Exam ends||12:30 PM||5:00 PM|
Corrections in Admit Card
In case a candidate comes across any discrepancies in the details given on the admit card, mail the authorities to [email protected] within the stipulated time. JEE Main helpline will become live and active shortly. The details are given below:
- Call Centre Number: 0120-6895200
- Official Website: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
- Address: Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida - 201309 (UP)
Stationary/Documents to carry along with JEE Main Admit Card
- If you are writing only Paper-I, you must carry the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card, a copy of the PwD certificate (if applicable), and Government-authorized Photo ID Proof.
- Whereas, if you are appearing for Paper-II as well, you must bring your clipboard, pencil, eraser, geometry box set, and color pencils/crayons.
Guidelines for the day of the exam
- Verify all the details printed on the Admit Card and in case of any discrepancies contact the administration/authority immediately.
- Make sure you visit the allotted examination center a day before the exam day to report in time on the exam day.
- You are advised to be punctual and make sure you are present at JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre following the reporting time.
- All stationery items like a ballpoint pen, paper for rough work during the online test will be provided at the exam center itself.
- If you are writing Paper 2 then you are advised to bring your geometry box set pencils, erasers, and color pencils or crayons.
- You will be strictly prohibited inside the examination hall without the admit card and ID Proof.
- You are strictly advised not to bring any impermissible items inside the exam hall.
- Candidates with disabilities (PWD) must carry a copy of the disability certificate in the prescribed format.
- The admit card is provided on a provisional basis to you which means that the mere presence of an admit card with you does not ensure admission.
Importance of JEE Main Admit Card
- The admit card must be with you during JEE Main 2021 Counselling. Therefore, you should preserve it safely for future reference.
- The hall ticket is issued provisionally. Thus, you can not claim admissions if you just possess the admit card. Your eligibility must be proven during the counseling process.
- Admission for eligible candidates into the participating NITs, IIITs and CFTIs will be offered through JEE Main. The exam also acts as a qualifying examination for JEE Advanced 2021.
JEE Main Admit Card Instructions
- Identity Proof: Along with JEE Main 2021 Admit Card you are requested to carry the same identity proof which has been submitted along with the JEE Main 2021 application form to the examination center. If you are a candidate belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam you can give a passport, driving license, PAN Card, Voter ID as proof of identity.
- Supervising Invigilator's Signature: Every candidate must ensure to get the supervising invigilator's signature on the JEE Main 2021 to admit card. This is the proof for you that you were present for the JEE Main 2021 examination and it must be submitted at the time of document verification and admission process.
- No Tampering: The JEE Main 2021 admit card should not have been tampered with. If any of the candidates' JEE Main 2021 Admit Card is found to have been tampered then the candidate will be barred from writing the examination. Candidates are advised to keep their Admit cards safe until the completion of the counseling and admission process.
- Discrepancies: If there are any discrepancies in the JEE Main 2021 admit card or if you are not able to download the same then you must contact the conducting body through the helpline indicated on the official website.
JEE Main Admit Card FAQs
Q. I am facing problems while downloading JEE Main 2021 Admit Card, what should I do?
Ans. Candidates having problems in downloading JEE Main Hall Ticket due to problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, then a correction facility will be provided. Using the correction facility, the candidates will be able to correct their names in JEE Main Form as per the board data. The candidates will be able to download the document after making the necessary corrections.
Q. My name is written as “Manoj Kumar” in Aadhaar card, and in my class 10th certificate the name reads, “ Manoj Kumar Gopal”, which name will be printed on my admit card?
Ans. Manoj Kumar will come on your admit card as the Aadhar card name is the accepted name on your ID.
Q. I do not have internet, can I get my JEE Main Admit Card through the post?
Ans. No, you cannot get your JEE Main 2021 Admit card through the post.
Q. I have lost me admit card, how will I get my JEE Main result?
Ans. You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email, just check in your mail id, else send an email on the helpline to get your credentials.
Q. What things can I carry inside the exam hall?
Ans. You can carry only the basic stationery allowed inside the exam hall as per the directives, no electronic gadgets/books/ calculators can be carried in the exam hall.
Q. What is the helpline number for JEE Main admit card?
Ans. Helpline No.- releasing shortly
Q. My name spelling is incorrect on the admit card, what should I do?
Ans. Contact the authorities at the helpline number, to get it corrected.
Q. I have lost me admit card, how can I get its duplicate copy?
Ans. Login to the JEE application portal and repeat the process for downloading JEE Main admit card.
Q. My photo is blurred on the admit card, what to do, I want a new one?
Ans. You must contact the authority at the helpline numbers, then only you will get a new admit card with a better quality photo.
Q. At what time should I report to the JEE exam center?
Ans. You must report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam at the exam center.
Q. What things can I carry with admit card on JEE Main exam day?
Ans. You need to carry the following items on the exam day:
- JEE Main Admit Card
- Copy of PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Government-issued Identity proof
Q. I am writing JEE paper 2, can I carry my stationery?
Ans. Yes, you have to carry your stationery as per the list below:
- Geometry box
- Color pencils
Q. If I do not have an Aadhar card, can I download the JEE admit card still?
Ans. Yes, you can download the admit card with the help of the enrolment number.
Q. Do I have to go through biometric verification if I appear for JEE main exam?
Ans. Yes, you will have to appear for the biometric verification process on the exam day.
Q. Do I need to carry my OBC certificate along with my JEE admit card?
Ans. No, you do not have to carry your Caste Certificate along with the JEE admit card on the day of the exam.
Q. I have applied for JEE main and B.Arch course, do I need to get separate admit cards for both?
Ans. Yes, separate admit cards are needed for both the exams.
Q. What details do I need to download the admit card?
Ans. The details required to download the admit card are: JEE Main Application Number, Date of Birth, and Security Pin.
Q. If I forget my JEE Main hall ticket, on exam day, can I get a duplicate at the exam center?
Ans. No, you cannot get a duplicate copy of the hall ticket at the exam center.
Q. Can I obtain JEE Main Hall Ticket from an offline source?
Ans. No, you can only download JEE Main Admit Card from the official website.
Q. I am unable to download my JEE Main Admit Card 2021. What should I do?
Ans. If you are unable to download the hall ticket due to the occurrence of any error, a correction facility will be provided to correct the same. If still, the problem continues, contact the authorities immediately.
If you’re facing some technical issues regarding the download of the JEE Main admit card, then you should probably restart your browser or try again after clearing the caches. If the site is crashing, then try downloading the admit card at some other hour.
Q. Is there any dress code for JEE Main 2021?
Ans. There is no specific dress code for JEE Main Exam. However, it is suggested not to take the following things along with you in the examination hall:
- Any electronic item (Including wristwatch)
- Any jewel or ornaments
- Full sleeves shirts/t-shirts
- Shoes (Only sandals or slippers are permitted)
Q. Will I get I admit card for JEE main 2021 if I haven't corrected a minor mistake on Aadhar Card?
Ans. Candidates who have recently submitted the request for updating in Aadhaar details (including biometric update) and unable to apply for the updated Aadhaar Card Details.
Such Candidates have to apply for JEE Main by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by Aadhaar center after submitting an update request. If the date of birth is not fully or is incorrectly mentioned in Aadhaar card or only birth year is mentioned/The name of the candidate in Aadhaar is not exactly similar or not the same pattern as in school records.
Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar center and apply for JEE Main by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by Aadhar center after submitting updation request.
Such candidates should fill JEE Main 2021 application form with old details as in Aadhaar card and thereafter submit a correction request at the Aadhaar center. The updated details in Aadhaar may be corrected in JEE Main at a later stage by the process which will be notified in due course of time.
Q. What should I do if the name of father/ mother is not the same as in school records or the address mentioned in Aadhaar has been changed due to transfer or some other reason?
Ans. If these particulars are not being matched with the ones mentioned on Aadhaar, the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since NTA does not send any communication on the candidates’ address.