Admit Card for JEE Main 2020 for the April session is expected to be released on July 10, 2020. Information regarding Admit Card is communicated to you either through your registered SMS or your registered email ID.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
The conducting authority of JEE Main 2020 has given you the convenience to login and download the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. You can visit the official website (https://www.jeemain.nta.nic.in/) and log in using your Application Number and Password to download Admit Card.
Note: Carry a valid ID proof (Aadhaar Card/ Voter's ID card) along with the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. If someone fails to carry it, then he or she will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
Helpdesk: In case of any queries or mismatches found on the admit card, candidates can contact the authority on [email protected]
|⭐JEE Main||⭐JEE Main Exam Date||⭐JEE Main Exam Pattern|
|⭐JEE Main Syllabus||⭐JEE Main Eligibility||⭐JEE Main Answer Key|
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Details
Carrying the Admit Card to the examination centre is mandatory, failing with which you will not be allowed to the examination hall. It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity proof to the JEE Main exam centre along with the admit card. Admit Card contains all your essential details like the location of the exam centre along with your photo and the signature.
|Availability||The JEE Main 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website.|
|Admit card release date||The admit cards will be made available tentatively on July 10, 2020.|
|Issue of Admit Card||Admit cards will be issued only to those candidates who have completed the JEE Main 2020 application process properly and satisfied the JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria. If there are any discrepancies with the application form, the admit card will not be issued.|
|Verification||You are advised to check the details mentioned on your admit card with regards to your Name, Category, Gender, Exam Centre, Date of Examination, Signature, Application Number, etc thoroughly.|
|Admit Card is Mandatory||You will not be allowed to appear for the examination without the admit card. You will have to carry a printout copy of the JEE Main 2020 admit card to the examination centre on the specified exam date.|
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Download
- Step 1: Go to the official website after the Admit Card has been released.
- Step 2: Scroll down the homepage and look for JEE Main 2020 admit card link: 'Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2020 (Server 1)' OR 'Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2020 (Server 2)'
- Step 3: Then enter your Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin and click on the "Login" button.
- If you have appeared in the latest Class XII board examinations, enter board exam Roll Number as well.
- Verify all the details and click on ‘Download Your Admit Card’.
- Submit the details to access and download the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card. Save the pdf copy and take multiple printouts of the same for further reference.
Admit Card Sample
Forgot Application Number or Password?
You require the Application Number and Password to download the admit card. If you forget the Application Number or password, you will be able to recover it by following the steps given below:
- Step 1: Open the admit card page.
- Step 2: Click on "Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2020" link.
- Step 2: Click on the "I can't access my account" link.
- Step 3: You will have to select one of the following options depending on what you want to retrieve:
- "Forgot my Password"
- "Forgot my Application Number"
- Step 4: The following options will be displayed for recovery. You will have to select any one and click on "Continue":
- Using the security question and answer selected while filling the Application Form.
- Using a verification text message (SMS) on the registered mobile number.
- Using the reset link on the registered Email.
- Step 5: This will redirect you to a page where you will have to fill the following details a per selected option:
- Candidate's name
- Mother's name
- Father's name
- Date of birth
- State Code of Eligibility
- Security pin (case sensitive)
- Step 6: Retrieve the Application number and Password.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Contents
You need to check the details on the Admit Card before taking the print out, in case of any discrepancies contact the administration / authority immediately.
|Roll Number & Application Number|
|Date of Birth|
|State Code of Eligibility|
|Date of Examination & Timing|
|Signature of the Candidate|
JEE Main 2020 Exam Schedule
- JEE Main 2020 Paper-I and Paper-II will be conducted in 258 cities, across 36 Indian states and union territories.
- You will have to choose 4 exam centres while filling the application form.
- Paper-I and Paper-II exam schedules are notified by the NTA.
- The examination will be conducted on multiple days.
- You will be allotted only one unique slot to attempt JEE Main Exam.
JEE Main 2020 January Session
Computer-based Test (CBT) was conducted on multiple days starting from January 6th to January 11th, 2020. The following table shows the tentative schedule for JEE Main 2020 January Session:
|Reporting Time at the Exam Center||7:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Entry into the Exam Hall||9:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Test Booklet distribution||9:20 AM||1:50 PM|
|Opening seal of the test booklet||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|Deadline to enter the exam hall||9:30 AM||2:20 PM|
|Commencement of exam||9:30 AM||2:30 PM|
JEE Main 2020 April Session
JEE Main 2020 April exam was supposed to be conducted on April 5, April 7 to 9, and April 11, 2020. However, due to the prevalence of the nationwide lockdown, it has now been postponed for commencement from September 1, 2020 to September 6, 2020. The Admit Cards for the JEE Main 2020 April session will be made available for download from July 10, 2020 (expected). The tentative schedule is as follows:
|Reporting Time at the Exam Center||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Entry into the Exam Hall||9:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Test Booklet distribution||9:20 AM||1:50 PM|
|Opening seal of the test booklet||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|Deadline to enter the exam hall||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Commencement of exam||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Exam ends||12:30 PM||5:00 PM|
Corrections in Admit Card
In case a candidate comes across any discrepancies in the details given on the admit card, mail the authorities on [email protected] within the stipulated time. JEE Main helpline will become live and active shortly. The details are given below:
- Call Centre Number: 0120-6895200
- Official Website: https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx
- Address: Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida - 201309 (UP)
Stationary/Documents to carry along with JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
- If you are writing only Paper-I, you must carry the JEE Main 2020 Admit Card, a copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) and Government-authorized Photo ID Proof.
- Whereas, if you are appearing for Paper-II as well, you must bring your clipboard, pencil, eraser, geometry box set and colour pencils/crayons.
Guidelines for the day of the exam
- Verify all the details printed on the Admit Card and in case of any discrepancies contact the administration/authority immediately.
- Make sure you visit the allotted examination centre a day before the exam day to report in time on the exam day.
- You are advised to be punctual and make sure you are present at JEE Main 2020 Exam Centre following the reporting time.
- All stationery items like a ballpoint pen, paper for rough work during the online test will be provided at the exam centre itself.
- If you are writing Paper 2 then you are advised to bring your geometry box set pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- You will be strictly prohibited inside the examination hall without the admit card and ID Proof.
- You are strictly advised not to bring any impermissible items inside the exam hall.
- Candidates with disabilities (PWD) must carry a copy of the disability certificate in the prescribed format.
- The admit card is provided on a provisional basis to you which means that the mere presence of admit card with you does not ensure admission.
Importance of JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
- The admit card must be with you during JEE Main 2020 Counselling. Therefore, you should preserve it safely for future reference.
- The hall ticket is issued provisionally. Thus, you can not claim admissions if you just possess the admit card. Your eligibility must be proven during the counselling process.
- Admission for eligible candidates into the participating NITs, IIITs and CFTIs will be offered through JEE Main. The exam also acts as a qualifying examination for JEE Advanced 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card Instructions
- Identity Proof: Along with JEE Main 2020 Admit Card you are requested to carry the same identity proof which has been submitted along with the JEE Main 2020 application form to the examination centre. If you are a candidate belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam you can give passport, driving license, PAN Card, Voter ID as proof of identity.
- Supervising Invigilator's Signature: Every candidate must ensure to get the supervising invigilator's signature on the JEE Main 2020 admit card. This is the proof for you that you were present for the JEE Main 2020 examination and it must be submitted at the time of document verification and admission process.
- No Tampering: The JEE Main 2020 admit card should not have been tampered with. If any of the candidates' JEE Main 2020 Admit Card is found to have been tampered then the candidate will be barred from writing the examination. Candidates are advised to keep their Admit cards safe until the completion of counselling and admission process.
- Discrepancies: If there are any discrepancies in the JEE Main 2020 admit card or if you are not able to download the same then you must contact the conducting body through the helpline indicated on the official website.
JEE Main Admit Card FAQs
Q. I am facing problems while downloading JEE Main Admit Card. What should I do?
Ans. Candidates having problems in downloading JEE Main Hall Ticket due to problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, then a correction facility will be provided. Using the correction facility, the candidates will be able to correct their names in JEE Main Form as per the board data. The candidates will be able to download the document after making the necessary corrections.
Q. My name is written as “Manoj Kumar” in Aadhaar card, and in my class 10th certificate the name reads, “ Manoj Kumar Gopal”, what name will come on my admit card?
Ans. Manoj Kumar will come on your admit card as the Aadhar card name is the accepted name on your ID.
Q. I do not have internet, can I get my JEE Main admit card through the post?
Ans. No, you cannot get your JEE Main admit card through post.
Q. I have lost my admit card, how will I get my JEE Main result?
Ans. You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email, just check in your mail id, else send an email on the helpline to get your credentials.
Q. What things can I carry inside the exam hall?
Ans. You can carry only the basic stationery allowed inside the exam hall as per the directives, no electronic gadgets/books/ calculators can be carried in the exam hall.
Q. What is the helpline number for JEE Main admit card?
Ans. Helpline No.- releasing shortly
Q. My name spelling is incorrect on the admit card, what should I do?
Ans. Contact the authorities at the helpline number, to get it corrected.
Q. I have lost my admit card, how can I get its duplicate copy?
Ans. Login to the JEE application portal and repeat the process for downloading JEE Main admit card.
Q. My photo is blurred in admit card, what to do, I want a new one?
Ans. You must contact the authority at the helpline numbers, then only you will get a new admit card with a better quality photo.
Q. At what time should I report at the JEE exam centre?
Ans. You must report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the commencement of exam at the exam centre.
Q. What things can I carry with admit card on JEE Main exam day?
Ans. You need to carry the following items on the exam day:
- JEE Main Admit Card
- Copy of PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Government-issued Identity proof
Q. I am writing JEE paper 2, can I carry my stationery?
Ans. Yes, you have to carry your stationery as per the list below:
- Geometry box
- Colour pencils
Q. If I do not have Aadhar card, can I download the JEE admit card still?
Ans. Yes, you can download the admit card with the help of the enrolment number.
Q. Do I have to go through biometric verification if I appear for JEE main exam?
Ans. Yes, you will have to appear for the biometric verification process on the exam day.
Q. Do I need to carry my OBC certificate along with my JEE admit card?
Ans. No, you do not have to carry your Caste Certificate along with the JEE admit card on the day of the exam.
Q. I have applied for JEE main and B.Arch course, do I need to get separate admit cards for both?
Ans. Yes, separate admit cards are needed for both the exams.
Q. What details do I need to download the admit card?
Ans. The details required to download the admit card are: JEE Main Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin.
Q. If I forget my JEE Main hall ticket, on exam day, can I get a duplicate at the exam centre?
Ans. No, you cannot get a duplicate copy of the hall ticket at the exam centre.
Q. Can I obtain JEE Main Hall Ticket from an offline source?
Ans. No, you can only download JEE Main Admit Card from the official website.
Q. I am unable to download my JEE Main Admit Card 2020. What should I do?
Ans. If you are unable to download the hall ticket due to the occurrence of any error, a correction facility will be provided to correct the same. If still, the problem continues, contact the authorities immediately.
If you’re facing some technical issues regarding the download of JEE Main admit card, then you should probably restart your browser or try again after clearing the caches. If the site is crashing, then try downloading the admit card at some other hour.
Q. I have lost my JEE Main Admit Card. What should I do?
Ans. If by some unfortunate event you happen to lose your JEE Main Admit Card, do not worry. You can go back to the official website of JEE Main and download and reprint your admit card by logging in to your candidate’s profile till the exam day.
Q. Is there any dress code for JEE Main 2020?
Ans. There is no specific dress code for JEE Main Exam. However, it is suggested not to take the following things along with you in the examination hall:
- Any electronic item (Including wristwatch)
- Any jewel or ornaments
- Full sleeves shirts/t-shirts
- Shoes (Only sandals or slippers are permitted)
Q. Will I get my admit card for JEE main 2020 if I haven't corrected a minor mistake on Aadhar Card?
Ans. Candidates who have recently submitted the request for updating in Aadhaar details (including biometric update) and unable to apply for the updated Aadhaar Card Details.
Such Candidates have to apply for JEE Main by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by adhaar centre after submitting update request. If the date of birth is not fully or is incorrectly mentioned in Aadhaar card or only birth year is mentioned/The name of the candidate in Aadhaar is not exactly similar or not the same pattern as in school records.
Such candidates should submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre and apply for JEE Main by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by aadhaar centre after submitting updation request.
Such candidates should fill JEE Main 2020 application form with old details as in Aadhaar card and thereafter submit a correction request at Aadhaar centre. The updated details in Aadhaar may be corrected in JEE Main at the later stage by the process which will be notified in due course of time.
Q. What should I do if the name of father/ mother is not the same as in school records or the address mentioned in Aadhaar has been changed due to transfer or some other reason?
Ans. If these particulars are not being matched with the ones mentioned on Aadhaar, the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since NTA does not send any communication on the candidates’ address.