The admit card for the April and May sessions will be released later, since the examination for both the sessions has been postponed indefinitely. The application process for the April session was concluded. But the forms for the May session haven't been released yet. Information regarding the JEE Main admit card is always communicated through the candidate's registered SMS or email ID, hence it is advised that candidates keep a regular check on their text messages and emails. The JEE Main 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in). Candidates will be able to log in using the provided Application Number and Password, to download the JEE Main 2021 Hall Ticket.
- JEE Main 2021 Admit Card Highlights
- Steps to download the JEE Main 2021 Hall Ticket
- Problems in downloading the JEE Main Admit Card 2021
- Details present on the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- JEE Mains 2021 Admit Card Instructions
- Exam Schedule for JEE Main 2021
- JEE Mains 2021 Helpdesk
- JEE Main Admit Card: FAQs
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card Highlights
Carrying the admit card to the examination centre is mandatory, failing with which you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. It is mandatory to carry a valid photo identity proof to the JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre along with the admit card.
|Availability||The JEE Main 2021 Admit Card can be downloaded from the official website only.|
|Admit card release date||Postponed|
|Exam Date (April Session)||Postponed|
|Issue of Admit Card||Admit cards will be issued only to those candidates who have completed the JEE Main 2021 application process properly and satisfied the JEE Main 2021 eligibility criteria. If there are any discrepancies with the application form, the admit card will not be issued.|
Importance of JEE Main Admit Card 2021
- The admit card must be brought to the JEE Main 2021 Counselling. Therefore, it must be preserved even after the exam, for future reference.
- The hall ticket is issued provisionally. Thus, you can not claim admissions if you just possess the JEE Main admit card 2021. Your eligibility must be proven during the counselling process as well.
- Admission for eligible candidates into the participating NITs, IIITs and CFTIs will be offered through JEE Main. The exam also acts as a qualifying examination for JEE Advanced 2021.
Steps to download the JEE Main 2021 Hall Ticket
- Step 1: Go to the official website after the JEE Mains 2021 Hall Ticket/Admit Card has been released.
- Step 2: Scroll down the homepage and look for JEE Main 2021 admit card link: 'Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2021 (Server 1)' OR 'Download Admit Card of JEE Main 2021 (Server 2)'
- Step 3: Then enter your Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Pin, and click on the "Login" button.
- If you have appeared in the latest Class XII board examinations, enter your board exam's Roll Number as well.
- Verify all the details and click on ‘Download your JEE Main Admit Card’.
- Submit the details to access and download the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card. Save a pdf copy and take multiple printouts of the same for further reference.
Problems in downloading the JEE Main Admit Card 2021
The admit cards will be released on the official website of NTA later. The candidates need not panic if they come across the below-mentioned problems. The guide below will walk you through what's to be done in case of such problems, related to the JEE Main Admit Card 2021.
Application number or password recovery for JEE Main Admit Card 2021
The application number for JEE Main login 2021 can be retrieved by using the details mentioned below. The JEE Main application login details can be easily recovered from the official JEE Main website.
- Step 1 - Log on to the official website for the JEE 2021.
- Step 2 - Click on the 'Forgot Application Number' option.
- Step 3 - Enter the required information such as name, date of birth, mother's name, and father's name.
- Step 4 - Click on 'Get Application Number,' and the application will be displayed on the screen.
Make sure you take a print out of the JEE Main login application number for future use.
Server Problem or Slow Internet Connection
Lakhs of students appear for the JEE Main 2021 exam. Due to heavy traffic, the server of the portal may get overcrowded. In such situations, the candidates are advised to wait for a while and try to access the JEE Main Hall Ticket 2021 again later. If the candidate does not have a strong internet connection, he/she may connect the laptop/desktop to some other wireless internet connections available nearby, such as a mobile hotspot. Bad internet is generally temporary. The candidates can also wait for their internet connection to stabilize itself, and try again.
Errors on JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
In case candidates find any discrepancies on the JEE Main 2021 hall ticket, they must conduct the concerned authorities on the JEE Main Helpline portals given below.
Details present on the JEE Main Admit Card 2021
Candidates need to check the below-given details on the admit card before taking the printout, in case of any discrepancies candidates will have to contact the administration/authority immediately in order to get it rectified before the examination. If a candidate is found with an admit card that has faulty information then he/she will not be allowed to attempt JEE Main 2021. The table below has all the details which will be printed on the JEE Mains Hall Ticket 2021.
|Roll Number & Application Number||
Date of Examination & Timing
|Date of Birth||Exam Centre|
|Phone number||Paper Medium|
Signature of the Candidate
|State Code of Eligibility||--|
JEE Main Admit Card Instructions 2021
- Identity Proof: Along with JEE Main 2021 Admit Card you are requested to carry the same identity proof which has been submitted with the application form to the examination centre. If you are a candidate belonging to Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Assam you can give a passport, driving license, PAN Card, Voter ID as proof of identity.
- Supervising Invigilator's Signature: Every candidate must ensure to get the supervising invigilator's signature on the JEE Main 2021 to admit card. This is the proof for you that you were present for the JEE Main 2021 examination and it must be submitted at the time of document verification and admission process.
- No Tampering: The JEE Main 2021 admit card should not have been tampered with. If any of the candidates' IIT JEE Main 2021 Admit Card is found to have been tampered then the candidate will be barred from writing the examination. Candidates are advised to keep their admit cards safe until the completion of the counselling and admission process.
- Discrepancies: If there are any discrepancies on the JEE Main 2021 admit card, or if you are not able to download the same, then you must contact the conducting body through the helpline indicated on the official website.
Exam day instructions mentioned on the JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
The candidates will find the below-mentioned instructions on their JEE Main 2021 hall tickets. They must read and abide by the given instructions with the utmost care. Carelessness may result in disqualification or rejection of candidature.
- Verify all the details printed on the Admit Card and in case of any discrepancies contact the administration/authority immediately.
- Make sure you visit the allotted examination centre a day before the exam day to report in time on the exam day.
- You are advised to be punctual and make sure you are present at JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre following the reporting time.
- All stationery items like a ballpoint pen, paper for rough work during the online test will be provided at the exam centre itself.
- If you are writing Paper 2 then you are advised to bring your geometry box set pencils, erasers, and colour pencils or crayons.
- You will be strictly prohibited inside the examination hall without the admit card and ID Proof.
- Candidates with disabilities (PWD) must carry a copy of the disability certificate in the prescribed format.
- The admit card is provided on a provisional basis to you which means that the mere presence of an admit card with you does not ensure admission.
- Special provision for patients with Diabetes: The diabetic candidates will be allowed to take their medicines, fruits and water (in a transparent water bottle) to the exam centre.
- COVID-19 Specific Instructions: NTA will provide 3-Ply face masks to all the candidates at the JEE Main Exam Centre. The candidates will have to wear those masks throughout the duration of the test.
What to carry along with JEE Main Admit Card 2021
- If you are writing only Paper-I, you must carry the IIT JEE Mains 2021 Admit Card, a copy of the PwD certificate (if applicable), and Government-authorized Photo ID Proof.
- Whereas, if you are appearing for Paper-II as well, you must bring your clipboard, pencil, eraser, geometry box set, and colour pencils/crayons.
List of items prohibited inside the JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre
The candidates must refrain from carrying the below-mentioned items to the JEE Main 2021 examination centre at all costs.
- Backpacks, purses or wallets
- Shoes or footwear with thick soles/high heels
- Garments with fancy or large buttons
- Any kind of jewellery
- Head coverings such as caps, hats or scarves
- Electronic devices such as calculators or watches
Exam schedule for JEE Main 2021
- JEE Main 2021 Paper-I and Paper-II will be conducted in 258 cities, across 36 Indian states and union territories.
- You will have to choose 4 exam centres while filling the application form.
- Paper-I and Paper-II exam schedules are notified by the NTA.
- The examination will be conducted on multiple days.
- You will be allotted only one unique slot to attempt JEE Main Exam.
JEE Main 2021 February Session
The computer-based test (CBT) was conducted on multiple days starting from February 23, 2021, to February 26, 2021. The following table shows the schedule of all the events related to Paper I and Paper II of the JEE Main 2021 February Session:
|Reporting Time at the Exam Centre||7:30 AM||1:00 PM|
|Entry into the Exam Hall||9:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Test Booklet distribution||9:20 AM||1:50 PM|
|Opening seal of the test booklet||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|The deadline to enter the exam hall||9:30 AM||2:20 PM|
|Commencement of exam||9:30 AM||2:30 PM|
JEE Main 2021 March Session
The official schedule for the JEE Main 2021 March session is given below. The exam dates for Phase 2 were March 16, 2021 to March 18, 2021.
|Events||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|Reporting Time at the Exam Centre||7:00 AM||1:00 PM|
|Entry into the Exam Hall||9:00 AM||1:30 PM|
|Test Booklet distribution||9:20 AM||1:50 PM|
|Opening seal of the test booklet||9:25 AM||1:55 PM|
|The deadline to enter the exam hall||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Commencement of exam||9:30 AM||2:00 PM|
|Exam ends||12:30 PM||5:00 PM|
NOTE: The official schedule of all the sessions will be confirmed by the conducting authority prior to the exam dates.
JEE Mains 2021 Helpdesk
In case a candidate comes across any discrepancies in the details given on the JEE Mains admit card, they must mail the authorities to [email protected] within the stipulated time. JEE Main 2021 helpline will become live and active shortly. The details are given below:
- Call Centre Number: 0120-6895200
- Official Website: jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Address: Block C-20/1A/8, Sector 62, Gautam Budh Nagar, Noida - 201309 (UP)
JEE Main Admit Card: FAQs
Q. I am facing problems while downloading JEE Main 2021 Admit Card, what should I do?
Ans. Candidates having problems in downloading JEE Main Hall Ticket due to problems related to discrepancy/mismatch in their name as compared with their board data, then a correction facility will be provided. Using the correction facility, the candidates will be able to correct their names in JEE Main Form as per the board data. The candidates will be able to download the document after making the necessary corrections.
Q. My name is written as “Mahendra Kumar” on the Aadhar card, and “ Mahendra Kumar Gopal” on my class X certificate. Which one out of the two will be printed on my IIT JEE Mains admit card 2021?
Ans. You should use Mahendra Kumar at the time of applying, as that is the name printed on your Aadhar Card, and that is the document you will be carrying along with the hall ticket, to the exam centre.
Q. I do not have internet, can I get my JEE Main Admit Card through the post?
Ans. No, you cannot get your JEE Main 2021 Admit Card through the post. The admit card has to be downloaded from the official website. It is mandatory to carry the hardcopy of your downloaded hall ticket to the JEE Main 2021 Exam Centre.
Q. I have lost my IIT JEE Main Hall Ticket. How will I get my result now?
Ans. You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email, just check in your mail id, else send an email on the helpline to get your credentials.
Q. What things can I carry inside the exam hall?
Ans. You can carry only the basic stationery allowed inside the exam hall as per the directives, no electronic gadgets/books/ calculators can be carried in the exam hall.
Q. My photo is blurred on the admit card, what to do, I want a new one?
Ans. You must contact the authority at the helpline numbers, then only you will get a new admit card with a better quality photo.
Q. At what time should I report to the JEE exam centre?
Ans. You must report at least 2 hours 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam at the exam centre.
Q. What things can I carry with admit card on JEE Main exam day?
Ans. You need to carry the following items on the exam day:
- JEE Main Admit Card
- Copy of PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Government-issued Identity proof
Q. I am writing JEE paper 2, can I carry my stationery?
Ans. Yes, you have to carry your stationery as per the list below:
- Geometry box
- Colour pencils
Q. Do I have to go through biometric verification if I appear for JEE main exam?
Ans. Yes, you will have to appear for the biometric verification process on exam day.
Q. Do I need to carry my OBC certificate along with my JEE admit card?
Ans. No, you do not have to carry your Caste Certificate along with the JEE admit card on the day of the exam.
Q. I have applied for JEE main and B.Arch course, do I need to get separate admit cards for both?
Ans. Yes, separate admit cards are needed for both exams.
Q. What details do I need to download the admit card?
Ans. The details required to download the admit card are: JEE Main Application Number, Date of Birth, and Security Pin.
If you’re facing some technical issues regarding the download of the JEE Main admit card, then you should probably restart your browser or try again after clearing the caches. If the site is crashing, then try downloading the admit card at some other hour.
Q. Is there any dress code for JEE Main 2021?
Ans. There is no specific dress code for JEE Main Exam. However, it is suggested not to take the following things along with you in the examination hall:
- Any electronic item (Including wristwatch)
- Any jewel or ornaments
- Full sleeves shirts/t-shirts
- Shoes (Only sandals or slippers are permitted)
Q. Will I get I admit card for JEE main 2021 if I haven't corrected a minor mistake on my Aadhar Card?
Ans. Candidates who have recently submitted the request for updating in Aadhaar details (including biometric update) and unable to apply for the updated Aadhaar Card Details.
Such Candidates have to apply for JEE Main by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by the Aadhar centre after submitting an update request. If the date of birth is not fully or is incorrectly mentioned in the Aadhar Card or only the birth year is mentioned/The name of the candidate in Aadhaar is not exactly similar or not the same pattern as in school records.
Such candidates should submit a correction request at the Aadhar Centre and apply for JEE Main by entering 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment ID/UR No. printed on the slip issued by the Aadhar Centre after submitting updation request.
Such candidates should fill JEE Main 2021 application form with old details as in the Aadhaar card and thereafter submit a correction request at the Aadhaar centre. The updated details in Aadhaar may be corrected in JEE Main at a later stage by the process which will be notified in due course of time.
Q. What should I do if the name of the father/mother is not the same as in school records or the address mentioned in Aadhaar has been changed due to transfer or some other reason?
Ans. If these particulars are not being matched with the ones mentioned on Aadhaar, the candidates should correctly fill these particulars as per school records. The present/permanent address may also be filled accordingly since NTA does not send any communication on the candidates’ address.