If you seek admission into Diploma, PG Diploma, Post Diploma courses in the colleges and institutes of Uttar Pradesh, then you have to appear for the JEECUP Entrance Test organized by the Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education. For more information on JEECUP 2020 Exam read below.
Latest News on JEECUP 2020
- November 27, 2020: JEECUP 2020 Direct Admission Round (or Round 10 of the counselling session) will be held from today to November 30, 2020. Candidates who wish to participate for direct admissions can do so by clicking on the link provided in the counselling section. Check the counselling section for more details.
- The seat allotment for JEECUP 2020 Counselling Round 9 will be released tomorrow, i.e; November 28, 2020.
- What is JEECUP?
- JEECUP 2020 Exam Date
- JEECUP 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- JEECUP 2020 Application Form
- JEECUP 2020 Application Process
- JEECUP 2020 Exam Pattern
- JEECUP 2020 Syllabus
- JEECUP 2020 Admit Card
- JEECUP 2020 Exam Centres
- JEECUP 2020 Answer Key
- JEECUP 2020 Result
- JEECUP 2020 Counselling
- Related Exams
What is JEECUP?
- About JEECUP: Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh [JEECUP] is a State-level Entrance Exam conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE] for admission into Diploma, PG Diploma, and Post Diploma courses in the fields of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Management.
- Formerly known as JEECUP was formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination [UPJEE]. It is also known as the UP Polytechnic exam.
- About UPBTE: The State Board of Technical Education and Training was set up in the state in May 1958. The first examination was conducted for Diploma level courses and also for the Draughtsman Certificate Course in 1960. The State Board of Technical Education was later renamed as Uttar Pradesh Board Of Technical Education [UPBTE] in 1962.
- Conducting Body: Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE] conducts JEECUP annually.
- Level: JEECUP is a State-level Entrance Examination for admission into various diploma courses.
- Exam Date & Mode: JEECUP 2020 will be conducted on September 12, 2020 offline, i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT).
Candidates who are seeking admission into Diploma, PG Diploma and Post diploma in the state of Uttar Pradesh will have to appear for the JEECUP Exam, which is an entrance exam for all these courses. They can register for the JEECUP Exam by going to the official website of the JEECUP Exam which is given below in the summary. The JEECUP Exam will consist of questions based on 10+2, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Although the JEECUP Exam does not have any age limit or criteria about age it is advisable that students check if they fit in other eligibility criteria for the JEECUP Exam and then only apply for the JEECUP Exam.
Given below are the highlights of the JEECUP Exam.
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh|
|Acronym||JEECUP / UP Polytechnic|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE]|
|Courses Offered||Diploma, PG Diploma, and Post Diploma|
Offline for Group A & E
Online for Group B,C,D,F,G,H,I & Group K1 to K8
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Helpline Numbers||0522-2630667, 2630106, 2630678, 2630099|
JEECUP 2020 Exam Date
Keep visiting this page regularly for the latest updates on JEECUP exam dates.
- Registration: Registration for the JEECUP 2020 exam started on January 1, 2020.
- Admit Card: The JEECUP 2020 admit cards were available for download from 8 days before the exam date.
- Exam Date: September 12, 2020 [Group A, Group E1 and E2], September 15, 2020 [Group B,C,D,F,G,H,I and Group K1 to K8].
- Answer Key: The JEECUP 2020 Answer key will release after all the objections have been taken into account.
- Results: From September 28, 2020 onwards
- Counselling: From September 30, 2020 onwards.
The below table displays all the information regarding JEECUP 2020 online and offline Exam Dates
|Offline Exam Schedule||Exam Dates|
|Group A (Engineering/Technology Diploma Courses)||September 12, 2020 (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)|
|Group E1 and E2 (Diploma in Pharmacy)||September 12, 2020 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
|Online Exam Schedule||Exam Dates|
|Group B, C, D, F, G, H, I (Other Courses)||September 15, 2020 (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)|
Group K1, K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7, K8
|September 15, 2020 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
NOTE: The date of the exam has already been released on the official website. Other important dates are tentative and candidates must wait for the official announcement.
All Important dates regarding the JEECUP #year Counselling process are tabulated in the exam dates page. For more information, visit JEECUP 2020 Exam Date section.
JEECUP 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The JEECUP 2020 Eligibility criteria are different for diploma, PG diploma, and Post Diploma. The applicant must have completed the 10th and 12th from a recognized university. The qualifying marks will vary according to the programs. It is necessary for the candidate to have a domicile of the state of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who have studied their 10th and 12th in the state of Uttar Pradesh can also apply. Candidates can read below for more information about the JEECUP 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
It is important for the aspirants to read the eligibility criteria carefully before filling the JEECUP 2020 Application form. Candidates must fulfil all the eligibility criteria given below.
- Education Qualification:
- Diploma: The candidates must have passed the 10th standard examination in the relevant stream with a minimum of 35% marks.
- PG Diploma: The candidates must have passed Bachelor's Degree in the relevant stream.
- Post Diploma: The candidates must have passed an Engineering Diploma.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for applying, but the candidates must be at least 14 years of age.
|Group||Courses/ Programmes||Eligibility Criteria|
|Group A||Diploma in Engineering and Technology||Passed 10th standard with a minimum of 35% marks|
|Group B||Agriculture Engineering||Passed the 10th Standard with Agriculture as a subject with a minimum of 35% marks or must clear Agriculture subject in the 12th Standard|
|Group C||Home Science Fashion Design, and Textile Design and Engineering||Passed 10th standard with a minimum of 35% marks|
|Group D||Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice||Pass the 12th standard with English and Hindi as a subject in class 10th and 12th|
|Library & Information Science||Passed the 12th standard|
|Group E||Diploma in Pharmacy||Passed the 12th standard with Science as a subject with a minimum of 50% marks and (40% marks for SC/ ST category candidates)|
|Group F||Post Graduate in Biotechnology||Passed B.Sc in Biology, Chemistry/ Biotechnology|
|Group G||Post Graduate Diploma Courses||Passed Graduation in any stream|
|Group H||Diploma in Hotel Management||Passed the 12th standard with 50% marks and (40% marks for SC/ ST category candidates)|
|Group I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Passed the 12th standard with Science as a subject with a minimum of 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics|
|Group J||Post Diploma in Information Technology||Passed Engineering Diploma from BTE UP affiliated Institution|
|Group K1 to K7||Lateral Entry (Engineering & Technology Diploma Courses)||Passed 12th standard/ ITI|
Go through JEECUP 2020 Eligibility section for more information.
JEECUP 2020 Application Form
The JEECUP 2020 Application form was available online only and no offline form was available. The JEECUP 2020 Application process consists of 3 steps that are filling the application form, uploading the images and paying the application fees. In the first step of form filling, the candidate will have to enter his/her personal details, then upload the scanned images of signature, photograph, and thumb impression in the second image. Finally, candidates will have to the fees, they can pay the JEECUP 2020 Application Form fees online as well as offline. Candidates can find out more about the process below.
- Application Date: Application Form is available on the official website of Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE] from January 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on June 21, 2020.
- Application Fee: The application fee for General and OBC category candidates is INR 300 and for SC/ST category candidates is INR 200
- Payment Mode: Candidates can pay the Registration Fee either online through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, or offline through State Bank of India e-challan.
- Note: Candidates are advised to download and take the printout of the filled-in JEECUP 2020 Application Form for their future use.
JEECUP 2020 Application Process
Candidates are able to apply to the JEECUP 2020 Exam for a maximum of three times. They can make only one application from each of the groups i.e. Group A or Group E1/E2 or one application from the rest of the groups B, C, D, F, G, H, I, J, K1 TO K8. As mentioned candidates have to apply for the JEECUP 2020 Exam by going to the official website. The step by step JEECUP 2020 Application Process is given below.
Steps to apply for the JEECUP 2020 Application
- Visit the official website where candidates will find application links for all 3 groups. Candidate should click on the group for which he intends to apply.
- After clicking on the application link, the candidate will be redirected to a new page where he will have to make a new registration by clicking on the option that says "New Registration".
- A screen with instruction will appear, candidates should read all the instructions carefully and then click on the "Click here to Proceed" button.
- Now, candidates will have to enter their [ersonal details and contact details. At this step, a candidate can choose a password for his/her account. Before the candidate does the final submission, he/she has to confirm all the details entered by him/her and then click on "Submit".
- Once the registration for JEECUP 2020 Exam is done a dashboard gets created for the candidate. In the dashboard, candidates will be able to get a link for JEECUP 2020 Application Form.
- Now candidates can fill the application form, and confirm the details before final submission.
- After submitting the application form, candidates will need to upload scanned documents and then finally make payment of the application fees.
JEECUP 2020 Exam Pattern
The JEECUP 2020 exam pattern is given in detail below. Candidates must know the exam pattern well in order to prepare for the exam.
- Mode: JEECUP 2020 will be conducted offline, i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on September 12, 2020.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: JEECUP 2020 question paper will consist of 100 questions in total.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours, i.e. 180 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer and -1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English and Hindi.
JEECUP 2020 Syllabus
The JEECUP 2020 Syllabus and exam subjects are different according to the group so the JEECUP 2020 Syllabus is different for each group i.e A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K [K1 to K7]. Understanding the exam subjects and the JEECUP 2020 Syllabus is key to the preparation of the JEECUP 2020 Exam. As mentioned above, the syllabus is different for different groups, candidates are advised to check the JEECUP 2020 Syllabus for the respective group they will be taking and prepare for the JEECUP 2020 Exam accordingly.
- Syllabus: The syllabus will be of 10th or 12th standard subjects.
- Preparation: Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus.
- Engineering: For engineering, the syllabus will comprise of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Diploma: For Diploma in Pharmacy, the syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
- Reference Books: Candidates can refer to the 10th and 12th standard books to prepare for JEECUP 2020.
JEECUP 2020 Admit Card
Once candidates successfully register for the JEECUP 2020 Application and make payment of the application fees, they will get the Admit Card when it is released. The JEECUP 2020 Admit Card will be available on the official website 8 days prior to the date of examination. The JEECUP 2020 Exam is scheduled to be held on September 12, 2020 and September 15, 2020 so candidates can expect the Admit Card to release in the first week of September, 2020. All candidates must download and take prints of the Admit Card as it is an essential document that will be required at the time of the exam and later.
- Availability: JEECUP 2020 Admit Cards or Hall Tickets will be available on the official website in September, 2020. Exam instructions will be provided on the admit card and candidates are advised to follow them carefully.
- Download: Candidates should download the Admit Cards or Hall Tickets from the University website.
- Id Proof: Candidates must carry a valid government ID proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
How to download JEECUP 2020 Admit Card
- Visit the official website.
- On the website, candidates will be able to find an option for JEECUP Admit Card. Click on that option.
- Candidates will be presented with a login screen where they will have to enter their application number and password.
- Once the details have been entered, click on "Sign In".
- After signing in, candidates will be able to view their JEECUP Admit Cards.
- Now, candidates should download and take a print of the JEECUP Admit Card for future references.
JEECUP 2020 Exam Centres
- Centre: JEECUP 2020 will be conducted in all major cities in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Choice of Centre: Candidates should mention the Centre Code and Name of their choice of Test Centre in the Online Application Form.
- Change of Centre: Request for change of exam centre and subject by the candidate will not be entertained.
- Note: Students can check the name and venue of the exam centre at the time of downloading the admit card.
JEECUP 2020 Answer Key
The JEECUP 2020 Provisional answer key has released on September 16, 2020. Candidates can now raise objections or challenge the answer key. The last date to challenge and download the JEECUP 2020 answer key is September 19, 2020.
JEECUP 2020 answer key is released by the Joint Entrance Examination Council of UP at their official website jeecup.nic.in. All applicants can utilize the JEECUP 2020 answer key to calculate their probable score and thereby estimate their qualification chances. As per the exam pattern released by the conducting body, the marking scheme is +4 marks for the correct answer and -1 mark for every wrong answer.
How to Download JEECUP 2020 Answer Key?
The official answer key for JEECUP 2020 is released online under candidate login on the official website of JEECUP. You can download it as per the instructions provided below.
Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the “JEECUP Answer Key” link.
Step 2: Enter your 'Roll number' as per your UP Polytechnic admit card and the 'Question Booklet Number'.
Step 3: Click on the ‘Submit’ button to login and your answer key will appear on the screen.
Step 4: Download it, and you can cross-check your answers.
NOTE: The conducting authority releases 2 answer keys: Preliminary and Final Answer Key. After checking the JEECUP 2020 preliminary answer key, candidates can submit an objection challenge against it with a document proof of the raised concern. For submitting an objection in the answer key, you need to pay an amount of Rs. 100 per objection. The amount will be refunded to the candidates if the objections raised are correct. No candidate will be allowed to raise objections after the JEECUP 2020 Final answer key is released.
Based on further evaluation of the objections received by the candidates, the final answer key is released. The JEECUP 2020 Result is declared based on the scores as per Final Answer Key.
JEECUP 2020 Result
The JEECUP is an entrance exam for admission into various diploma courses in different fields like pharmacy, engineering, technology, etc. The registrations for the JEECUP 2020 Exam started on January 1, 2020 and ended on June 21, 2020. The authorities have released the exam dates which are to be conducted in September, 2020. After the conclusion of the exam, the JEECUP 2020 Result will be declared after which counselling for admissions will take place. The JEECUP 2020 Result dates have not been announced yet.
The JEECUP 2020 Result will be declared on the official website. The candidates will be able to check the JEECUP 2020 Result using their roll number and date of birth. These details can be found on the JEECUP 2020 Admit Card or on the registered email id of the candidate. The JEECUP 2020 Result is declared in the form of a rank card or scorecard online which can be downloaded. The JEECUP 2020 Result will be needed at the time of JEECUP 2020 Counselling. Candidates will not receive any physical scorecard.
The JEECUP 2020 Result will have candidate details like,
- Name of the candidate
- Name of the parent
- Roll number
- Date of birth
- Total marks
- Qualified for counselling
Candidates are instructed to check the official website regularly to get the latest updates regarding the JEECUP 2020 Exam. Read below to find out specifications of the JEECUP 2020 Result and steps to check the result.
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks in September, 2020.
- Merit List: JEECUP 2020 merit list will be prepared based on marks secured by the candidates. UPBTE will be responsible for listing the merit and updating it on the official website.
- Cut-off: After the declaration of the result, the cut-off will be released. The cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate needs to secure to proceed for the further rounds of the admission process.
- The cut-off marks will be calculated based on the following factors:
- Total number of candidates appeared in the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Previous year cut-off marks
How to check the JEECUP 2020 Result?
Candidates can check their JEECUP 2020 Result by going to the official website of the JEECUP. The scorecard or rank card of the JEECUP 2020 Result will only be available online. The following are the steps to check the JEECUP 2020 Result.
- Go to the official website of the JEECUP 2020 Exam.
- The link for the JEECUP 2020 Result will be given in the notification section. Find the link and click on it.
- The candidate will be redirected to the JEECUP 2020 Result portal after clicking on the link Result link.
- Candidates can now login to the JEECUP 2020 Result portal by entering their roll number and birth date.
- Once the candidate has logged in successfully, the JEECUP 2020 Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Now, candidates can check the JEECUP 2020 Result and download the result for future references.
JEECUP 2020 Counselling
The JEECUP 2020 counselling comprises of various stages and rounds. After the candidate has qualified the exam or met the JEECUP 2020 cut off the candidates will be shortlisted for the JEECUP 2020 Counselling process. The counselling process will include document verification, seat allotment, etc. The JEECUP 2020 from September 30, 2020. The first three rounds of the counselling process will be held for candidates belonging to Uttar Pradesh only. There will be multiple rounds of the JEECUP 2020 Counselling. For detailed counselling dates check JEECUP 2020 important dates.
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the JEECUP 2020 will be called for the counselling process which will be held after the JEECUP Result is announced.
- Seat Allotment: During the counselling process, candidates have to fill in their college and course preferences. Candidates will get seats based on their ranks and the availability of seats in the respective colleges.
- Rounds: The JEECUP 2020 Counselling will consist of 4 rounds for all category candidates.
- Registration Fee: All the candidates have to pay INR 250 as registration fee to appear in JEECUP 2020 Counselling.
- Document Verification: Candidates have to report at the counselling centres for document verification.
Visit JEECUP 2020 Counselling and Seat Allotment for more details about the counselling process.
Participate in the JEECUP 2020 Direct Admission Round by Clicking Here.