JEECUP admit card was released on Jun 20, 2022, for UP Polytechnic exam and is available for download on jeecup.admissions.nic.in. JEECUP 2022 exam is being conducted from Jun 27, 2022, to Jun 30, 2022.
Candidates who wish to pursue a PG Diploma or Post Diploma course in the well-known institutes of Uttar Pradesh can appear for the JEECUP Entrance Test conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education (UPBTE). Keep reading the article below to acquire all the details regarding JEECUP 2022.
Latest Updates on JEECUP
- Jun 27, 2022: JEECUP 2022 is being conducted from Jun 27-30, 2022. Read More
- Jun 21, 2022: JEECUP UP Polytechnic exam 2022 admit card was out on Jun 20, 2022. Read More
Table of Contents
- JEECUP 2022 Exam Date
- About JEECUP
- JEECUP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- JEECUP 2022 Application Form
- JEECUP 2022 Admit Card
- JEECUP 2022 Exam Centres
- JEECUP 2022 Exam Pattern
- JEECUP 2022 Syllabus
- JEECUP 2022 Answer Key
- JEECUP 2022 Result
- JEECUP 2022 Counselling
- JEECUP 2022 Reservation Policy
- JEECUP Contact Details
JEECUP 2022 Exam Date
Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE] has postponed the JEECUP 2022 examination date, which was supposed to be conducted from Jun 6-12, 2022. The authority has released the new dates which are from Jun 27-30, 2022. Admit card was released on Jun 20, 2022, for UP Polytechnic exam. Candidates can refer to the following tabular form for the detailed exam schedule for JEECUP 2022.
|Release of Admit Cards||Jun 20, 2022|
|JEECUP 2022 Exam Date||Jun 27-30, 2022|
|Release of Online Application||Feb 15, 2022|
|Last Date for Submitting the Forms||May 5, 2022|
|Application Correction Window Opens||May 7, 2022 - May 12, 2022|
|Release of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Announcement of JEECUP Result 2022||To be announced|
|Commencement of Counselling Process||Aug 2022|
The dates and time schedule for both, the online and offline papers for all the groups of JEECUP 2022 are discussed below.
|Offline Exam Schedule||Exam Dates|
|Group A (Engineering/Technology Diploma Courses)||To be announced|
|Group E1 and E2 (Diploma in Pharmacy)||To be announced|
|Online Exam Schedule|
|Group B, C, D, F, G, H, I (Other Courses)||To be announced|
|Group K1, K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7, K8
(Lateral Entry in Engg./Tech Courses)
|To be announced|
Read More: JEECUP Exam Date 2022
JEECUP is a state-level examination attempted by candidates interested in pursuing a diploma in Engineering, Pharmacy or Management disciplines from the institutes situated in Uttar Pradesh. This exam was formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (UPJEE) or UP Polytechnic. It is conducted by the Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education (UPBTE)
- About UPBTE: The State Board of Technical Education and Training was set up in May 1958. The first examination was conducted for Diploma level courses and the Draughtsman Certificate Course in 1960. The State Board of Technical Education was later renamed Uttar Pradesh Board Of Technical Education [UPBTE] in 1962.
- Exam Date & Mode: JEECUP examination was conducted from Aug 31, 2022, to Sep 4, 2022, in both online and offline modes, across UP.
JEECUP Exam Highlights
The exam paper had questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from the 10+2 level. Candidates who were willing to apply had to go through JEECUP eligibility criteria before filling out the forms. Some of the important highlights related to JEECUP 2022 are discussed below.
|Exam Name||JEECUP / UP Polytechnic|
|Full Form||Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE]|
|Courses Offered||Diploma, PG Diploma, and Post Diploma|
Offline: Group A, E1 and E2
Online: Group B, C, D, F, G, H, I, K1-K8
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Helpline Numbers||0522-2630667, 2630106, 2630678, 2630099|
|A||Engineering & Technology Diploma|
|C||Fashion Design, Home Science and Textile Design and Engineering|
|D||1. Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice 2. Library & Information Science|
|E||Diploma in Pharmacy|
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture)|
|G||Post Graduate Diploma course|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology|
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering|
|K1*||1. Civil Engineering 2. Civil Engineering (Environment & Pollution Control)|
|K2*||1. Electrical Engineering 2. Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|K3*||1. Electronics Engineering 2. Electronics Engg. (Modern Consumer Electronics Appliances) 3. Electronics Engg. (Micro Electronics) 4. Electronics Engineering(Advance Microprocessor & Interface)|
|K4*||1. Mechanical Engineering (Automobile) 2. Mechanical Engineering (Production) 3. Mechanical Engineering (Maintenance) 4. Mechanical Engineering (Refrigeration & Air Conditioning) 5. Mechanical Engineering (Computer-Aided Design)|
|K5*||1. Information Technology 2. Computer Science and Engineering|
|K7*||Fashion Design & Garment Technology|
* (K1-K8 offers Lateral entry in the 2nd year of Engineering & Technology Diploma courses)
JEECUP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
JEECUP 2022 eligibility criteria are different for Diploma, PG Diploma, and Post Diploma courses. The applicant must have completed the 10th and 12th from a recognized university. The qualifying marks will vary according to the programs. The candidate must have a domicile in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates who have studied their 10th and 12th in Uttar Pradesh can also apply. More specifications related to JEECUP eligibility criteria are discussed below.
The detailed educational qualification criteria for JEECUP are as follows.
- Diploma: The candidates must have passed a 10th standard examination in the relevant stream with a minimum of 35% marks from a recognized Board of Education
- PG Diploma: The candidates must have passed a Bachelor's Degree in the relevant stream from a recognized university
- Post Diploma: The candidates must have passed an Engineering Diploma for clear JEECUP Eligibility 2022
It was important to know about JEECUP age limit before filling up the application form. There is no upper age limit prescribed in the eligibility conditions for JEECUP 2022. However, the candidates must be 14 years of age on Jul 1, 2022, to apply for the exam.
JEECUP Domicile Criteria 2022
Candidates possessing the Uttar Pradesh State domicile certificate were eligible to apply for the exam. In addition, the candidates who have passed their 10th and 12th classes from schools in the state could also apply for the exam. The conducting authorities asked the candidates to present documents to prove their domicile, such as the electricity or water bills for the last 6-7 years.
Read More: JEECUP Eligibility Criteria 2022
JEECUP 2022 Application Form
JEECUP 2022 application process ended on May 5, 2022. The application form correction window was open from May 7, 2022 to May 12, 2022. Candidates were able make changes or corrections through this facility. JEECUP 2022 application process consists of 3 steps: filling out the application form, uploading the images, and paying the application fees. In the first step of form filling, the candidate had to enter their details, then upload the scanned images of signature, photograph, and thumb impression in the second image. Finally, candidates had to deposit the application fees. Candidates can find out more about the process below.
- Application Fee: The application fee for General and OBC category candidates was INR 300, and for SC/ST category candidates was INR 200.
- Payment Mode: Candidates could pay the registration fee online through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, or offline through the State Bank of India e-challan.
JEECUP 2022 Application Process
Candidates willing to write JEECUP 2022 exam had to apply online through the official website. It must be noted that applying for the exam offline was not possible. They could take only one application from each group, i.e. Group A or Group E1/ E2 or anyone application from the other groups: B, C, D, F, G, H, I, J, K1 TO K8.
Steps to fill Application Form
- Step 1: Visit the official website, where candidates will find application links for all the 3 groups. The candidates should click on the group for which they intend to apply.
- Step 2: After clicking on the application link, the candidate will be redirected to a new page where he will have to make a new registration by clicking on the option that says "New Registration".
- Step 3: A screen with instructions will appear; candidates should read all the instructions carefully and click on the "click here to proceed" button.
- Step 4: Now, candidates must enter their details and contact details. At this step, a candidate can choose a password for their account. Before the candidate makes the final submission, they have to confirm all the details entered and then click on "Submit".
- Step 5: Once the registration for JEECUP 2022 is done, a dashboard gets created for the candidate. In the dashboard, candidates will be able to get a link for JEECUP 2022 Application Form.
- Step 6: Now, candidates can fill out the application form and confirm the details before final submission.
- Step 7: After submitting the application form, candidates will need to upload scanned documents and then finally make payment of the application fees.
Read More: JEECUP Application Form 2022
JEECUP 2022 Admit Card
JEECUP 2022 admit card release date has been officially declared for UP Polytechnic exam, it was out from Jun 20, 2022, onwards. Exam-day instructions will also be provided on the admit card, which the candidates must strictly adhere to. Candidates are advised to download the admit cards or hall tickets from the university's official website. In addition, candidates have to carry valid government ID proof such as the Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport, and JEECUP admit card.
How to Download JEECUP 2022 Admit Card?
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: On the homepage, the candidates will be able to find an option for JEECUP admit card. Click on it.
- Step 3: Candidates will now be redirected to a login screen where they will have to enter their application number and password.
- Step 4: Once the details have been entered, click on the "Sign In" button.
- Step 5: After signing in, candidates will be able to view their JEECUP admit cards.
- Step 6: Now, candidates should download and take a print of JEECUP Admit Card for future reference.
Read More: JEECUP 2022 Admit Card
JEECUP 2022 Exam Centres
Some of the important facts related to the exam centres for JEECUP are discussed below.
- JEECUP 2022 was conducted in all major cities in Uttar Pradesh.
- Choice of JEECUP Exam Centre: Candidates had to mention the centre code and the name of their choice of test centre in the online application form.
- Change of JEECUP Exam Centre: The candidate's request for a change of exam centre and the subject will not be entertained. Hence, they had to choose the test centres thoughtfully.
Note: Students could check the name of the venue and the exam centre's address when downloading the admit card.
Read More: JEECUP Exam Centres 2022
JEECUP 2022 Exam Pattern
The UP JEECUP 2022 exam pattern will remain the same as in previous years where the candidates should answer 100 questions in 3 hours. Hence it is advised that the candidates understand the exam pattern during preparation for an effective exam day strategy. JEECUP 2022 exam pattern is briefly discussed below.
|Number of Sections||Group A - 3 Sections, Group B to K Each Group Will Have a Different Section as Per the Course|
|Question Paper Type||MCQ, Objective Type|
|JEECUP Total Marks||400 Marks|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Exam Language||English/ Hindi|
Read More: JEECUP Exam Pattern 2022
JEECUP 2022 Syllabus
JEECUP 2022 syllabus is different for each group, i.e., A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, and K [K1 to K7]. The candidates have to choose the groups for which they intended to apply, and study the syllabus thoroughly. They require rigorous study to crack the examination. Some of the highlights for JEECUP syllabus 2022 are as follows.
|Group||Exam Subjects||Standard of Syllabus & Contents Derived Standard-wise Board Syllabus)|
|Group A||Maths Physics & Chemistry||Syllabus of UP Board for 10th Standard|
|Group B||Maths- Physics, Chemistry & Agriculture||Syllabus of UP Board for 12th & 10th Standard|
|Group C||English & Hindi comprehension Reasoning & Intelligence General Awareness||Syllabus of UP Board for 10th Standard|
|Group D||English & Hindi comprehension Reasoning & Intelligence Numerical Ability General Awareness||Syllabus of UP Board for 12th & 10th Standard|
|Group E||Physics & Chemistry Biology or Maths||Syllabus of UP Board for 11th & 12th Standard|
|Group F||Chemistry Zoology Botany||Syllabus of UP Board for 11th & 12th Standard|
|Group G||English comprehension Numerical Ability Reasoning General Intelligence General Awareness||Graduations Level Exam, Based on the Competitive Exam Pattern|
|Group H||Reasoning & Logical Discussion- Numerical Ability & Scientific attitude English General Knowledge||English Exam Based on Standard 10th & 12th Syllabus|
|Group I||Physics & Chemistry- Maths-||Syllabus of UP Board for 11th & 12th Standard|
|Group K||K1 - Physics, Chemistry & Maths - Civil Engineering -||The syllabus is Based on ITI (2 year’s course) Trade-Wise|
|K2 - Physics, Chemistry & Maths - Electrical Engineering –|
|K3 - Physics, Chemistry & Maths Electronics Engineering|
|K4 - Physics, Chemistry & Maths Mechanical Engineering|
|K5 - Physics, Chemistry & Maths Information Technology|
|K6 - Physics, Chemistry & Maths Printing Technology|
|K7 - Physics, Chemistry & Maths Fashion Design & Garment Technology|
Read More: JEECUP Syllabus 2022
Students are advised to be thorough with the syllabus in order to score well in the test. Following are some tips that can be followed to aid exam preparation:
- Be aware of syllabus and exam pattern
- Go through all topics in a systematised fashion
- Attempt multiple mock tests
- Revise regularly
- Track progress
Best Books to Refer
Students can refer to practice guides in order to prepare for JEECUP. Some suggested books for effective preparation are available here.
Read more: JEECUP Books 2022
JEECUP 2022 Answer Key
JEECUP answer key was released by the Joint Entrance Examination Council of UP on their official website. All applicants could utilize JEECUP 2022 answer key to calculate their probable score and estimate their qualification chances. As per the exam pattern released by the conducting body, the marking scheme was +4 marks for the correct answer and -1 mark for every wrong answer.
How to Download JEECUP 2022 Answer Key?
The official answer key for JEECUP 2022 had been released online under candidate login on the official website of JEECUP. Therefore, download it as per the instructions provided below.
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the "JEECUP Answer Key" link.
- Step 2: Enter your roll number as per your UP Polytechnic admit card and the Question Booklet Number.
- Step 3: Click on the 'Submit' button to log in, and your answer key will appear on the screen.
- Step 4: Download it to cross-check your answers.
Note: The conducting authority released 2 answer keys: preliminary and final answer keys. After checking JEECUP 2022 preliminary answer key, candidates could submit an objection challenge against it with a document proof of the raised concern. For submitting an objection in the answer key, the candidate needed to pay an amount of INR 100 per objection. The amount was refunded to the candidates if the objections raised were correct. No candidate was allowed to raise objections after JEECUP 2022 final answer key was released.
Based on further evaluation of the objections received by the candidates, the final answer key was released. Therefore, JEECUP result 2022 was declared based on the scores as per Final Answer Key.
Read More: JEECUP Answer Key 2022
JEECUP 2022 Result
JEECUP is an entrance exam that offers admission to various diploma courses in different fields like pharmacy, engineering, technology, etc., in Uttar Pradesh. JEECUP 2022 result had been announced on the official website.
How to Check JEECUP 2022 Result?
Candidates could check their JEECUP 2022 results by going to the official website. However, the scorecard or rank card was only available online. The following are the steps to check JEECUP 2022 Result.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of JEECUP 2022.
- Step 2: The link for the result will be given in the notification section. The candidates will have to click on it.
- Step 3: The candidate will be redirected to JEECUP 2022 result portal.
- Step 4: Candidates can now log in to the portal by entering their roll number and birth date.
- Step 5: Once the candidate has logged in successfully, the result will be displayed.
- Step 6: Now, the candidates must download the scorecard for future reference.
Read More: JEECUP Result 2022
Details on JEECUP Rank Card
- Name of the candidate
- Application number
- Marks scored
- Qualifying status
JEECUP 2022 Counselling
JEECUP 2022 counselling comprises various stages and rounds. After the candidate had cleared the exam and met the cutoff, they were shortlisted for the proceeding counselling process. The process involved document verification, seat allotment, etc.
- Counselling: Candidates who cleared JEECUP 2022 exam were called for the counselling process.
- Seat Allotment: Candidates had to fill in their college and course preferences during the counselling process. Candidates got seats based on their ranks and the availability of seats in their respective colleges.
- Document Verification: Candidates had to report to JEECUP counselling centres in person for document verification.
Read More: JEECUP Counselling 2022
Reservation Policy in JEECUP 2022
As per the UP Government rules, candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them based on the relaxed JEECUP or UP Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria 2022. The reserved policy is as follows.
Vertical Reservations for JEECUP Eligibility 2022
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) if they belong to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL) - 27%
- Scheduled Castes (SC) - 21%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) - 2%
Horizontal Reservations for JEECUP 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Persons with Disability (PwD) minimum 40% disability)- 3%
- Freedom Fighters- 2%
- Ward of Military personnel- 5%
- Girl Candidate of All Categories- 20%
Note: Candidates belonging to "VIMUKTA JATIYAN" are not allowed to take any benefit of reservation as Schedule Tribes (ST) during admissions.
JEECUP Contact Details
In case of queries encountered during the process, candidates can reach out to the concerned authorities through the following portals.
What is the minimum educational qualification to apply for the JEECUP?
All interested applicants must have passed 10th standard from a recognized board or institution. Candidates should check the JEECUP Eligibility Criteria given above for the programs they wish to apply for.
Is there an option to edit the application form after submission?
No, there is no provision to edit your application forms after you have submitted it. So, be careful of the information you are entering and crosscheck before you move on to the next field.
Can the candidates who are still waiting for their results apply for the exam too?
Yes, they can. However, candidates are needed to provide their final results at the time of counseling.
Who is the point of contact in case of any doubts?
Candidates can either call on 18001200711 / 18002125711 or they can send an email to [email protected] Candidates should contact these authorities if any difficulty arises.
What are the modes of payment of application fees?
The candidates can either pay online (through debit cards, credit cards, or net banking) or offline (through bank challan).
Any age limit to apply for the JEECUP exam?
No, there is no age limit to apply as long as the candidate satisfies all the other eligibility criteria.
How to access the results of JEECUP Exam?
Results will be available on the official website after the exam. For detailed information, click here
I am not a resident of Uttar Pradesh, can I apply for the JEECUP Exam?
Yes, candidates can apply for the JEECUP Exam even if they are not from the state of Uttar Pradesh. Although, they should know that they will not be getting any reservation while getting admission to the colleges. They will be considered of the General category regardless of their actual category and will not be getting any reserved category benefits.
Is there an option to submit the JEECUP Application offline?
No. The JEECUP Application can only be done through online mode. No offline form is available.
Can I change the JEECUP Exam Center after the release of the JEECUP Admit Card?
No. Candidates cannot change the exam center once they have chosen it at the time of JEECUP Registration. It is final. No such request will be entertained by the JEECUP Exam authorities.
How is JEECUP Cut Off calculated?
The JEECUP Cut Off is declared after the declaration of the JEECUP Result. The JEECUP Cut Off changes every year. The JEECUP Cut Off depends on a few factors. Based on the candidates who passed the exam, the total number of candidates who appeared for the exam and difficulty level of the JEECUP Exam, and a bunch of other factors, the JEECUP authorities calculate the Cut Off.