JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, and Results
- July 11, 2020: The JEECUP 2020 examination will be held on September 12, 2020 and September 15, 2020.
- July 8, 2020: The JEECUP 2020 exam dates are postponed due to the situation caused by COVID-19. The exams will no longer be conducted on July 19 and July 25, 2020, and the new dates will be announced soon.
- The admit card the JEECUP 2020 examination will be available 8 days before the commencement of the examination on the new exam dates that will be announced soon.
- The last date to submit the JEECUP 2020 application form has been extended to June 21, 2020. This decision was arrived upon by the conducting authority due to the extension of the national lockdown to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- What is JEECUP (UP Polytechnic)?
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Exam Date
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Application Form Extended
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Exam Pattern
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Syllabus
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Admit Card
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Exam Centres
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Result
- JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Counselling
- Related Exams
What is JEECUP (UP Polytechnic)?
- About JEECUP: Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh [JEECUP] is a State-level Entrance Exam conducted by Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE] for admission into Diploma, PG Diploma, and Post Diploma courses in the fields of Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Management.
- Formerly known as JEECUP was formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination [UPJEE]. It is also known as the UP Polytechnic exam.
- About UPBTE: The State Board of Technical Education and Training was set up in the state in May 1958. The first examination was conducted for Diploma level courses and also for the Draughtsman Certificate Course in 1960. The State Board of Technical Education was later renamed as Uttar Pradesh Board Of Technical Education [UPBTE] in 1962.
- Conducting Body: Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE] conducts JEECUP annually.
- Level: JEECUP is a State-level Entrance Examination for admission into various diploma courses.
- Exam Date & Mode: JEECUP 2020 will be conducted on September 12, 2020 offline, i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT).
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) Summary
Given below are the highlights of the JEECUP Exam.
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh|
|Acronym||JEECUP / UP Polytechnic|
|Conducting Body||Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE]|
|Courses Offered||Diploma, PG Diploma, and Post Diploma|
Offline for Group A & E
Online for Group B,C,D,F,G,H,I & Group K1 to K8
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|No. of Questions||100|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Email ID||[email protected]|
|Helpline Numbers||0522-2630667, 2630106, 2630678, 2630099|
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Exam Dates
Keep visiting this page regularly for the latest updates on JEECUP exam dates.
- Registration: Registration for the JEECUP 2020 exam started on January 1, 2020.
- Admit Card: The JEECUP 2020 admit cards will be available for download from July 8, 2020.
- Exam Date: Postponed.
- Results: To be announced.
- Counselling: To be announced.
|Offline Exam Schedule||Exam Dates|
|Group A (Engineering/Technology Diploma Courses)||September 12, 2020 (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)|
|Group E1 and E2 (Diploma in Pharmacy)||September 12, 2020 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
|Online Exam Schedule||Exam Dates|
|Group B, C, D, F, G, H, I (Other Courses)||September 15, 2020 (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon)|
Group K1, K2, K3, K4, K5, K6, K7, K8
|September 15, 2020 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
NOTE: The date of the exam has already been released on the official website. Other important dates are tentative and candidates must wait for the official announcement.
For more information, visit JEECUP 2020 Exam Date section.
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Education Qualification:
- Diploma: The candidates must have passed the 10th standard examination in the relevant stream with a minimum of 35% marks.
- PG Diploma: The candidates must have passed Bachelor's Degree in the relevant stream.
- Post Diploma: The candidates must have passed an Engineering Diploma.
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for applying, but the candidates must be at least 14 years of age.
|Group||Courses/ Programmes||Eligibility Criteria|
|Group A||Diploma in Engineering and Technology||Passed 10th standard with a minimum of 35% marks|
|Group B||Agriculture Engineering||Passed the 10th Standard with Agriculture as a subject with a minimum of 35% marks or must clear Agriculture subject in the 12th Standard|
|Group C||Home Science Fashion Design, and Textile Design and Engineering||Passed 10th standard with a minimum of 35% marks|
|Group D||Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice||Pass the 12th standard with English and Hindi as a subject in class 10th and 12th|
|Library & Information Science||Passed the 12th standard|
|Group E||Diploma in Pharmacy||Passed the 12th standard with Science as a subject with a minimum of 50% marks and (40% marks for SC/ ST category candidates)|
|Group F||Post Graduate in Biotechnology||Passed B.Sc in Biology, Chemistry/ Biotechnology|
|Group G||Post Graduate Diploma Courses||Passed Graduation in any stream|
|Group H||Diploma in Hotel Management||Passed the 12th standard with 50% marks and (40% marks for SC/ ST category candidates)|
|Group I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Passed the 12th standard with Science as a subject with a minimum of 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics|
|Group J||Post Diploma in Information Technology||Passed Engineering Diploma from BTE UP affiliated Institution|
|Group K1 to K7||Lateral Entry (Engineering & Technology Diploma Courses)||Passed 12th standard/ ITI|
Go through JEECUP 2020 Eligibility section for more information.
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Application Form
- Application Date: Application Form is available on the official website of Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education [UPBTE] from January 1, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on June 21, 2020.
- Application Fee: The application fee for General and OBC category candidates is INR 300/- and for SC/ST category candidates is INR 200/-
- Payment Mode: Candidates can pay the Registration Fee either online through Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, or offline through State Bank of India e-challan.
- Note: Candidates are advised to download and take the printout of the filled-in JEECUP 2020 Application Form for their future use.
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode: JEECUP 2020 will be conducted offline, i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on September 12, 2020.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions: JEECUP 2020 question paper will consist of 100 questions in total.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours, i.e. 180 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer and -1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English and Hindi.
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Syllabus
- Syllabus: The syllabus will be of 10th or 12th standard subjects.
- Preparation: Candidates must prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus.
- Engineering: For engineering, the syllabus will comprise of Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
- Diploma: For Diploma in Pharmacy, the syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.
- Reference Books: Candidates can refer to the 10th and 12th standard books to prepare for JEECUP 2020.
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Admit Card
- Availability: JEECUP 2020 Admit Cards or Hall Tickets will be available on the official website from July 8, 2020.
- Download: Candidates should download the Admit Cards or Hall Tickets from the University website: https://jeecup.nic.in/cms/public/home.aspx
- Id Proof: Candidates must carry a valid government ID proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
- Exam instructions will be provided on the admit card and candidates are advised to follow them carefully.
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Exam Centres
- Centre: JEECUP 2020 will be conducted in all major cities in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Choice of Centre: Candidates should mention the Centre Code and Name of their choice of Test Centre in the Online Application Form.
- Change of Centre: Request for change of exam centre and subject by the candidate will not be entertained.
- Note: Students can check the name and venue of the exam center at the time of downloading the admit card.
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Result
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks on September 20, 2020.
- Merit List: JEECUP 2020 merit list will be prepared based on marks secured by the candidates. UPBTE will be responsible for listing the merit and updating it on the official website.
- Cut-off: After the declaration of the result, the cut-off will be released. The cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate needs to secure to proceed for the further rounds of the admission process.
- The cut-off marks will be calculated based on the following factors:
- Total number of candidates appeared in the exam
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Previous year cut-off marks
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Counselling
- Counselling: Candidates who clear the JEECUP 2020 will be called for the counselling process which will be held on September 20, 2020.
- Seat Allotment: During the counseling process, candidates have to fill in their college and course preferences. Candidates will get seats based on their ranks and the availability of seats in the respective colleges.
- Rounds: The JEECUP 2020 Counselling will consist of 4 rounds for all category candidates.
- Registration Fee: All the candidates have to pay INR 250 as registration fee to appear in JEECUP 2020 Counselling.
- Document Verification: Candidates have to report at the counselling centres for document verification.