BITSAT Exam 2021 offers admission for B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc aspirants in BITS campuses in Goa, Pilani, and Hyderabad. The full form of BITSAT is the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT Exam 2021 is scheduled between May 20, 2021 to May 31, 2021. The syllabus is based on 11th and 12th NCERT books.
Candidates can apply for the BITSAT Exam 2021 by filling the BITSAT form on the official website. To prepare for the BITSAT Exam 2021, one can use the sample paper and previous year question papers. Additional information about login details, books, and mock tests are provided below.
Latest News on BITSAT
- What is BITSAT?
- BITSAT 2021 Exam Date
- BITSAT 2021 Eligibility
- BITSAT 2021 Registration
- BITSAT 2021 Application Form
- BITSAT 2021 Registration
- BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
- BITSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- BITSAT 2021 Admit Card
- BITSAT 2021 Exam Centres
- BITSAT 2021 Answer key
- BITSAT 2021 Result
- BITSAT 2021 Cut Off
- BITSAT 2021 Counselling
- BITSAT 2021 Reference Books
- BITSAT 2021 Courses Offered
- BITSAT Contact Information
- BITSAT FAQs
- Related Exams
What is BITSAT?
BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT 2021 is an entrance exam for admission into various disciplines at Birla Institute of Technology, popularly known as BITS. BITS is a prestigious institution in India offering admissions to interested and qualifying candidates to Integrated First Degree programs offered at their campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. For this, one needs to attempt and clear the BITSAT Exam 2021. Given below are highlights of the BITSAT Exam 2021.
|Examination Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Conducted By||BITS Pilani|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, and Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Examination Type||University Level|
|Number of Questions
|Marking Scheme||(+)3 marks for every correct response; (-)1 mark for every incorrect response|
|Seats Offered||2000+ Seats in Total|
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani (BITS Pilani) has the authority to conduct BITSAT. It is a Computer-based Test that candidates have to pass to secure admission to any of the BITS campuses in India. The various courses that are offered at BITS are as follows:
- Admissions for BE honours integrated first-degree programs are offered at BITS campuses in disciplines like Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Economics, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering.
- Apart from this, aspirants can take up this examination for admission to B.Pharm honours, M.Sc honours as well as M.Sc Tech degree programs at the institute. Each year around fifty thousand students apply for the BITSAT Exam 2021, out of which only a few thousand are shortlisted ultimately.
- Applicants who wish to study at the prestigious BITS colleges, have to first appear for the BITSAT 2021 exam. Candidates who are interested in getting admission into any of the courses offered at three BITS campuses will have to take the BITSAT Exam 2021. They can apply for the BITSAT 2021 Exam by going to the official website of the exam. On successfully qualifying the BITSAT 2021 exam, candidates can get admission into BITS courses. The BITSAT 2021 Result will be available on the official website after the exam takes place. Applicants can find out more about the BITSAT 2021 exam below.
BITSAT 2021 Exam Date
Candidates who are planning to attempt the BITSAT 2021 exam, should go through the BITSAT important dates schedule carefully. BITSAT 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on May 20, 2021 to May 31, 2021. For the purpose of better preparation, applicants are advised to design their study pattern on the basis of the BITSAT exam 2021 schedule.
The detailed report of BITSAT 2021 Exam Dates is as follows. One has to understand that these dates are tentative and they may be subjected to change once the official notification is out.
- Application Form: BITSAT Application Form 2021 is made available on the official website from December 20, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is March 10, 2021.
- Admit Card: Admit Card for BITSAT Exam2021 will be released by the authorities on April 15, 2021. Candidates can download it from the official website.
- Exam Date: BITSAT exam is scheduled by the official authorities at Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani.
- Result Date: After the exam has been completed, the screen will show the score obtained by a candidate. Moreover, BITSAT 2021 Results will also be available for download from the next day on the official website. The candidates can check their score by logging in to the website with their login credentials.
|BITSAT 2021 Registrations Start Date||December 20, 2020|
|BITSAT 2021 Registrations Last Date||March 10, 2021|
|BITSAT 2021 Admit Card||April 15, 2021|
|BITSAT 2021 Exam Dates||May 20, 2021 - May 31, 2021|
For more detailed information about the BITSAT 2021 dates like the result, admission, document verification dates, check BTSAT 2021 Important dates.
BITSAT 2021 Eligibility
Candidates who do not meet the BITSAT 2021 eligibility criteria will not be able to apply for the exam. It is important for all the BITSAT 2021 aspirants to check the eligibility criteria before attempting the application.
BITSAT eligibility conditions depend upon the course the candidate has applied for. BITSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria is different according to the courses which the candidate has opted for. Candidates who want to apply for the BITSAT Exam2021 should check whether they fit the BITSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria which considers prerequisites like qualifying marks, subjects etc. BITSAT Eligibility for various disciplines is as follows:
For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have qualified their 10+2 level or it is an equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidates must have completed their 10+2 level exams with the main subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Also, he/she must possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level exams are also eligible to apply.
For Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have completed their 12th level exams or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have qualified 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
BITSAT 2021 Registration
At first, candidates were required to register before they fill the application form of BITSAT 2021 exam. Candidates were required to open the admission portal of BITSAT and should register by clicking on the “New Registration” tab. Candidates who have already registered are not required to register again. Details required while registering for the application form are given below:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
Documents required during BITSAT 2021 Registration
Candidates need to upload the required documents or details related to these documents to fill the application form. The uploads should be in JPG/JPEG format. Aspirants of BITSAT 2021 will require the following documents during registration:
- Class 10th or Birth certificate
- Class 12th (or equivalent) certificate (For those who have appeared for this exam in 2019 or before)
- Scanned images of a candidate’s photograph and signature. A photograph should be of the size in between 4 KB to 50 KB in the JPG/JPEG format and the signature should be from 1 KB to 30 KB in size and to also in JPG/JPEG format and upload in the Application Form.
BITSAT 2021 Application Form
Eligible candidates are required to first register if they wish to fill in BITSAT 2021 application form. The BITSAT 2021 Application process consists of various stages. The online application form for BITSAT Exam2021 is made available from December 20, 2020 on the official website. The candidature of an applicant will be cancelled if the admission authority receives multiple application forms for the exam from a particular candidate.
How to fill the BITSAT 2021 Application Form
It is advised that the candidates must read all the application guidelines and instructions carefully and then click on 'Allow me to apply online'. Following steps are provided in detail for the candidates on how to fill in the application form of BITSAT 2021:
Step 1: Registration (This is the first step in BITSAT 2021 Application process and requires the candidates to give details such as a valid phone number, mail ID, etc.)
Step 2: Filling the Online BITSAT Application Form (The candidate will proceed to fill the application form with more personal details)
Step 3: Uploading of Scanned Images (The candidates need to upload a scanned image of their signature, a scanned photograph which must be uploaded as per the given size instructions and other such documents)
Step 4: Payment of BITSAT Application Fee (The candidates must pay the application fees through any online mode)
After the candidates have successfully submitted the online application form, BITSAT 2021 application form number will be generated which they should keep it safe as this would be required for future references. Application form of BITSAT 2021 can be edited after the candidates have submitted the form. It is advised that before submitting their application form, candidates must review their form and check if any changes are required in their application form.
Details Required for the BITSAT 2021 Application Form
After the registration process is complete, the candidate is required to fill in the application form with details like personal details, academic details, and contact information. After providing all the necessary details in the application form, candidates will be asked to select the test centre of their choice. Following details are required to be provided in the application form:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Address of Communication
- Landline number
- Mobile number
Class 12th Examination Details:
- Name of School (current or last attended)
- Name of the Board of Examination
- Year of Passing/Appearing
- Selection of subject between Mathematics and Biology (Candidates selecting Biology will only be able to sit for the entrance exam of B.Pharm degree programs)
Selection of Exam Test Centres: After providing the above details, candidates will be given choices to choose at least three exam centres according to their preference. Candidates who wish to take select Dubai as the exam test centre will be required to choose only one option i.e. Dubai. Candidates have to confirm their selection and submit the application form.
Uploading Scanned Documents: Now, the candidates will be required to upload the necessary and supporting documents to confirm their application form. Candidate must upload the scanned images of the signature and photograph in the required format. After these documents have been uploaded, these documents will be reflecting on the right side of the page. The candidate will now have to click on the “Submit” option to proceed to the next step.
Payment of Application Fees: After the candidates have successfully uploaded the images, they will be redirected to the payment gateway to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid by the candidates in either online or offline mode. The BITSAT 2021 application form will not be accepted if the application fee is not received.
Online Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid in an online mode through Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card and PayTM. The transaction can be done from all the credit and debit cards issued by either Master or Visa only.
Offline Mode of Payment: Offline payment for the application fee can be done through the Challan at the ICICI Bank. Candidates will be required to download the "Bank Challan" and deposit the fee in cash at the nearby ICICI banks branch. Candidates must take the payment receipt from the bank officials when the payment of application fee has been done at the respective bank.
BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
According to the BITSAT 2021 Syllabus, candidates can prefer the NCERT syllabus of 11th and 12th standard to prepare for various topics. The syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning. The candidates must know the BITSAT Exam2021 syllabus in order to gather all the right study materials to prepare for the exam well.
The students who are appearing for the BITSAT 2021 Exam should be well aware of the BITSAT 2021 Syllabus because the syllabus for the engineering entrance exam is different from the syllabus of the pharmacy entrance exam. Candidates should check the BITSAT 2021 Syllabus for the respective programs. The BITSAT 2021 Exam's question papers will be developed based on the BITSAT 2021 Syllabus. The NCERT books will be usually enough to clear the basic concepts in the topics covered but it is not enough for the BITSAT Exam2021. Candidates will need to practice for the BITSAT Exam2021 by using additional study material.
Topics included in the Syllabus of BITSAT Exam2021 are given below in details for various subjects:
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.
BITSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The BITSAT Exam is conducted for admission into engineering and pharmacy courses at multiple BIT Campuses. The students who have applied for the BITSAT Exam2021 should be well aware of the exam pattern of this exam. The BITSAT exam pattern is decided by the BIT authorities. The exam is divided into four parts which are Physics, Chemistry, Logical Reasoning, and English, and the fourth part will either have Mathematics or Biology depending on which exam the student has applied for. The candidates applying for pharmacy will be having Biology in the fourth part and candidates wishing to pursue engineering will have Mathematics in the same. The following are some important points about the BITSAT 2021 Exam Pattern.
- The BITSAT Exam2021 will be conducted online.
- The exam will consist of Multiple Choice Questions i.e. MCQs
- The BITSAT Exam2021 will be available in English language only.
- A total of 150 multiple choice questions will be there in the paper. The time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- The total marks of the examination are 450.
- The exam will have a negative marking pattern. For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Candidates can prepare using the BITSAT sample papers to score well. In the below table, check the section-wise distribution of questions:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
After attempting all 150 questions, if the time remains then, there's an option of attempting 12 extra questions. Four questions each will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology sections. It should be kept in mind that once you decide to start with these 12 questions, you wouldn't be able to go back to 150 questions attempted previously.
BITSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
A BITSAT aspirant should focus on following a proper time table and giving adequate time to each subject. A candidate should know the syllabus in detail to plan his/her strategy. After a strategy has been made, the need is there for proper and timely implementation. Besides this, revising regularly can help in better retainment and application of concepts. Since the subject matter of BITSAT is the syllabus of classes 11 and 12, brushing up key concepts is paramount. It finally comes down to practising questions and question papers continuously to ace time management.
BITSAT 2021 Admit Card
The BITSAT 2021 Admit card will be available for candidates to download on April 15, 2021. Candidates must download the BITSAT hall ticket once it has been made available on the official websites. The BITSAT admit card 2021 will release after the candidates have successfully booked their slots for the BITSAT Exam2021. The BITSAT admit card is an important document without which candidates will not be able to appear for the exam.
BITSAT Admit Card will be released on the official website on April 15, 2021. Candidate has to enter his/her application number, date of birth and email ID to download the BITSAT admit card. BITSAT hall ticket includes details like, name of the candidate, photograph and signature, application number, test centre details, test date, test time, date of the exam, test slot and exam instructions.
Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in the BITSAT 2021 admit card, one may report to the conducting authority in time, for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Note: This admits card has to be preserved because candidates have to produce it during the admission process as well.
How to Download BITSAT 2021 Admit Card?
Once the BITSAT admit card has been made available on the official website, candidates have to download it and keep in possession throughout the admission process. The applicant needs to follow the steps mentioned below for successfully download the BITSAT admit card.
- Go to the BITS official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your application number, date of birth and email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
Visit BITSAT 2021 Admit Card for more details such as - availability dates, how to download steps with pictures, etc.
BITSAT 2021 Exam Centres
BITS Pilani will release the candidate's test city allotment in April 2021. Candidates can check their allotted city by using their application number and password for login. The authorities had previously released the list of all exam centres in India and abroad from which the candidates had to select 3 preferred exam centres. All aspirants must do the test centre allotment before the BITSAT application date.
For Dubai, they were required to choose only one BITSAT 2021 exam centre. The authorities concerned will allot the exam centres of BITSAT 2021 according to candidates' preferences, but it may not be candidates' first preference if any unavoidable circumstances arise.
The admit card of BITSAT 2021 will have the exam centre details, including the name and address of the allotted exam centre mentioned on it. BITSAT will be conducted at 50 exam centres across India, while outside India, it will be conducted at the Dubai exam centre only.
Documents Required at the BITSAT 2021 Exam Centre
Candidates attempting the BITSAT Exam2021, have to follow a pre-defined set of instructions given out by the official authorities. Candidates have to carry certain mandatory documents at the BITSAT exam centre, if the candidate fails to carry one of the following documents, he/she will not be allowed to attempt the exam. The required documents at BITSAT exam centre are mentioned below:
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof
- Passport size photographs
BITSAT 2021 Answer Key
The BITSAT 2021 Answer key will released on the official website and candidates with the help of the answer key can estimate the score of the BITSAT 2021 exam. If candidates have doubts over a particular answer they can challenge the answer key or in other words 'raise objection' and ask for correction. The final BITSAT 2021 answer key will be released after all the objections have been taken into account. The BITSAT 2021 results will be based on the final answer key.
To access the BITSAT 2021 answer key candidates must visit the official website, click on the answer key link provided on the homepage of the website. They can download the BITSAT 2021 Answer key for future reference.
Note: Candidates can only challenge the provisional answer key. After the BITSAT 2021 Final answer key is released no candidate will be allowed to raise an objection.
BITSAT 2021 Results
Candidates can see their results immediately after the BITSAT Exam Date. BITSAT 2021 result is scheduled to be announced on July 1, 2021. Candidates can visit the official website and check the result.
- Part-1: Candidates can check their BITSAT Score just after they complete their exams. The computer screen will display the result in terms of several total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores.
- Part-2: Admit list and a waitlist of iteration will also be released.
In addition to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online. Finally, a merit list will be prepared for those who have appeared in BITSAT Exam and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 10+2 marks, priorities and the required fees. It will also depend on the scores obtained by potential candidates.
How to download BITSAT Results?
For downloading BITSAT Result student need to follow given below steps;
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITSAT.
Step 2: Click on the “BITSAT 2021 Results” link.
Step 3: Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Download your result in PDF format and keep it safe for future references.
BITSAT Rank List
Based on the score obtained in the entrance test, authorities will prepare the admit list of BITSAT 2021. BITSAT 2021 admit list will carry the names of candidates who will be shortlisted for the BITSAT 2021 counselling process in different iteration sessions. Shortlisted candidates whose name will appear in the admission list will have to submit an admission application form before the given time frame, final date allotted. Candidates must be aware that the result of seat allotment process will be announced in the form of Iteration I, II, III, IV, and V.
BITSAT 2021 Cut off
The candidates must score the provided BITSAT 2021 cut off or more to go through the counselling process and take admissions. All the Campuses of BITS (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai) release their cutoff for the respective disciplines after the announcement of the BITSAT results. The BITSAT 2021 cut off will be calculated by taking into consideration different factors like the number of seats available, the total number of students who appeared for the exam, difficulty level of the exam for that year, and previous year cut off. Each course and each college will have a different BITSAT 2021 cut off for admissions. The candidates are required to see his/her marks and then based on the merit list, he/she can approach for counselling. BITSAT 2020 cut off was decided after considering the previous year's trends, and the same procedure will be taken into account before announcing the BITSAT 2021 cut off.
|B.E. in Chemical Engg.||280||260||257|
|B.E. in Civil Engg||274||-||258|
|B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engg.||338||308||298|
|B.E. in Mechanical Engg.||313||283||275|
The above table represents the cutoff for a few courses offered within different campuses. This will help one to predict the cutoff for the forthcoming exams.
BITSAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates who will make it in the merit list will be called for BITSAT counselling. BITSAT admission process for 2021 will commence after the BITSAT result has been released. Counselling will be conducted by the concerned BITS Campus. BITSAT counselling will consist of 4 major phases. If BITSAT 2021 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT Exam2021 score. There is no reservation followed in BITSAT admission. The BITSAT 2021 counselling process will start a few weeks after the announcement of the result. The BITSAT 2021 counselling will have several rounds where candidates will go through document verification and allotment of the available seats. These seats will be assigned based on the BITSAT marks and class 12 marks. Candidates will have to register for the counselling process separately, where they will have to enter the class 12 marks along with the preference of the institute. Authorities will declare the date for the commencement of BITSAT counselling.
BITSAT 2021 Reference Books
The BITSAT is an entrance exam for getting admission into B.Pharm and B.Tech programs at various BITSAT campuses. The BITSAT paper has a different syllabus and exam pattern according to the respective course. The engineering BITSAT 2021 Exam has Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, whereas the pharmacy entrance test is composed of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Along with these subjects, there are English and Logical Reasoning sections present as well. Candidates should know the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam before starting the preparation of the exam. NCERT Textbooks of respective subjects will cover the basic concepts of these topics but it is not sufficient to score well on BITSAT 2021 Exam. In addition to getting the basics cleared, revising the material is just as important. Students can use study guides and reference books for the revision. The following list contains books which can be helpful for BITSAT Exam2021 preparation.
- Arihant Physics - D. C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics - I. E. Irodov
- Advanced Level Physics - Nelson and Parker
- Fundamentals of Physics - Resnick, Halliday, Walker
- Atkin's Physical Chemistry - Peter Atkins
- Essential Organic Chemistry - Arihant Publications
- A Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations - R. C. Mukherjee
- Inorganic Chemistry - O. P. Tandon
- Differential Calculus - Arihant Publications
- Integral Calculus - Arihant Publications
- Objective Mathematics - R. D. Sharma
- Higher Algebra - Hall Knight Bernard Child
- Botany - A. C. Dutta
- A Textbook of Biology - P. S. Dhami, G. Chopra, Srivastava
- English Grammar and Composition - Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy - Norman Lewis
- Logical Reasoning - R. S. Agarwal
- BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning - Disha Experts
BITSAT Courses Offered
BITS offers numerous courses in various disciplines. These courses vary from one campus to another. There are 4 campuses of BITS situated at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. The various courses offered at different campuses of BITS are listed below:
|Programs||BITS Pilani Campus||Pilani||Goa||Hyderabad||Dubai|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||NA||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Instrumental Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
BITSAT Contact Information
For any query, you may contact the following numbers/address on any working day from 9:15 AM to 5:00 PM.
Address: Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani - 333 031 Rajasthan, India.
Telephone: 01596-242205, 01596-255294, 01596-255330
Email: [email protected]
BITSAT official website: www.bits-pilani.ac.in