BITSAT opens up the door for a candidate aspiring to pursue B.E, B.Pharm, and M.Sc courses. There are campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. Reading this page completely will help one to streamline preparation and score well in this test.
- What is BITSAT?
- BITSAT Significant Details
- Exam Dates
- BITSAT Application Form
- How to fill BITSAT Application
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- How to download BITSAT Admit Card?
- Exam Center
- How to Download BITSAT Results?
- Rank List
- How to Prepare for BITSAT?
- Courses Offered
- BITSAT Contact Information
- BITSAT FAQs
- Related Exams
What is BITSAT?
BITSAT (Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test) is an entrance exam for admission into various disciplines in BITS. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani is a prestigious institution in India offering admissions for interested candidates to Integrated First Degree programs offered at BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani (BITS Pilani) has the authority to conduct BITSAT. It is a Computer-based Test which candidates have to pass in order to secure admission in any of the BITS campuses in India. The various courses that are offered at BITS are as follows:
- Admissions for BE honors integrated first-degree programs are offered at BITS campuses in disciplines like Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Economics, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- Apart from this, aspirants can take up this examination for admission to B.Pharm honors, M.Sc honors as well as M.Sc Tech degree programs at the institute.
BITSAT Significant Details
The details about BITSAT 2020 have been provided in the table below:
|BITSAT 2020 Highlights|
|Examination Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Conducted By||BITS Pilani University|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, and Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Examination Type||University Level|
|Number of Questions
|Marking Scheme||(+)3 marks for every correct response(-)1 mark for every incorrect response|
|Seats Offered||2000+ Seats in Total|
BITSAT notification was released in January 2020. The availability of the correction window for application started in the month of March and was open until the end of April. The Exam is scheduled in May and final results are expected to be issued in the third or final week of May.
- Application Form: BITSAT Application Form 2020 will be available on the official website from 4th January 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on 31st March 2020
- Admit Card: The Admit card was released by the authorities on 12th April 2020. Candidates can download it from the official website of BITSAT.
- Exam Date: BITSAT Exam Date is on 16th May 2020 and 26th May 2020. It will be conducted as a Computer-based Test (CBT Online).
- Result Date: After the examination has been completed the result will be displayed on the official website as "No. of Questions with Correct Answer and Wrong Answer". Moreover, BITSAT 2020 Results will also be declared in the form of Scorecard by the authority. BITSAT final Results will be most likely out in the final week of May.
What is the eligibility of BITSAT?
The BITSAT eligibility conditions depend upon the course the candidate has applied for. The criteria basically revolve around the subjects that the candidate has studied during his/her XII class. The BITSAT Eligibility for various disciplines is as follows:
For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed their 10+2 level or it is an equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidates must have passed their 10+2 level exams with the main subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Also, he/she must possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level exams are also eligible to apply.
For Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their 12th level exams or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have passed their 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
According to the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus, candidates can prefer the NCERT syllabus of 11th and 12th standard to prepare for various topics. The syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning. Topics included in the Syllabus of BITSAT 2020 are given below in details for various subjects:
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.
The eligible candidates are required to first register if they wish to fill in the BITSAT Application Form. The online application form of BITSAT 2020 was available for the candidates till March 31. The candidature is cancelled if the admission authority receives multiple application forms for the entrance examination from a particular candidate. It is advised that the candidates must read all the application guidelines and instructions carefully and then click on “Allow me to apply online” Following steps are provided in detail for the candidates on how to fill in the application form of BITSAT:
Step 1 – Registration
Step 2 - Filling the Online Application Form
Step 3 – Uploading of Scanned Images
Step 4 – Payment of Application Fee
At first, candidates were required to register before they fill the application form of BITSAT 2020. Candidates were required to open the admission portal of BITSAT and should register by clicking on the “New Registration” tab. Already registered candidates are not required to register again. Following details are required while registering for the application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
How to fill BITSAT Application?
After the registration process is complete, the candidate is required to fill in the application form with details like personal details, academic details, and contact information. After providing all the necessary details in the application form, candidates will be asked to select the test center of their choice. Following details are required to be provided in the application form:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Address of Communication
- Landline number
- Mobile number
Class 12th Examination Details:
- Name of School currently studying in or last attended
- Name of the Board of Examination
- Year of Passing/Appearing
- Selection of subject between Mathematics and Biology (Candidates selecting Biology will only be able to sit for the entrance exam of B.Pharm degree programs)
Selection of Exam Test Centres: Candidates after providing the above details will then be required to choose at least three exam test centers according to their preference. Candidates who wish to take select Dubai as the exam test center will be required to choose only one option i.e. Dubai. Candidates will then be required to confirm their selection and submit the application form.
The application form of BITSAT 2020 can be edited after the candidates have submitted the form. It is advised that before confirming to submit the application form, candidates must preview their application form and check if any changes are required in the application form.
After the candidates have successfully submitted the online application form, the BITSAT 2020 application form number will be generated which they should keep it safe as this would be required for all future reference.
Uploading Scanned Documents: Now, the candidates will be required to upload the necessary and supporting documents to confirm their application form. Candidate must upload the scanned images of signature and photograph in the required format. After these documents have been uploaded, these documents will be reflecting on the right side of the page. The candidate will now have to click on “Submit” option to proceed to the next step.
Payment of Application Fees: After the candidates have successfully uploaded the images, they will be redirected to the payment gateway to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid by the candidates in either online or offline mode. The BITSAT 2020 application form will not be accepted if the application fee is not received.
Online Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid in an online mode through Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card and PayTM. The transaction can be done from all the credit and debit cards issued by either Master or Visa only.
Offline Mode of Payment: The offline mode of payment for the application fee can be done through the payslips at the ICICI Bank. Candidates will be required to download the pay slips and deposit the fee in cash at the nearby ICICI banks branch. Candidates must take the payment receipt from the bank officials when the payment of application fee has been done at the respective bank.
Documents Required during registration
Candidates need to upload the required documents and details related to these documents in the online application form. The uploads should be in JPG/JPEG format. The aspirants of BITSAT 2020 will require the following documents during registration:
- Class 10th or Birth certificate
- Class 12th (or equivalent) certificate (For those who have appeared for this exam in 2019 or before)
- Scanned images of a candidate’s photograph and signature (That is a photograph in the size of 4KB to 50KB in the JPG/JPEG format and the signature should be in the size of 1KB to 30KB in the JPG/JPEG format and upload in the Application Form).
BITSAT 2020 entrance test will be conducted in online CBT mode in the third to last week of May 2020.The question paper will be available in English. It will contain four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Logical reasoning, and English proficiency.
- Total of 150 multiple choice questions will be there in the paper. The time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Candidates can prepare using the BITSAT sample papers to score well. In the below table, check the section-wise distribution of questions:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
BITSAT Admit Card has been released on the official website on 12th April 2020. Candidate has to enter his/her Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the BITSAT Admit Card. The BITSAT Hall Ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, Application Number, Test Centre details, Test date, Test time, Date of the Exam, Test slot and Exam instructions.
Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT Admit Card, one may report to the conducting authority in time, for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Note: This admit card has to be preserved because candidates have to produce it during the admission process
How to download BITSAT Admit Card?
Candidate needs to follow these steps for downloading the admit card.
- Go to the BITS official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your Application number, date of birth and Email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
BITS Pilani will release the candidates' test city allotment on April 2020. Candidates can check their allotted city by using their application number and password for login. The authorities had previously released the list of all exam centers in India and aboard from which the candidates had to select 3 preferred centers. All aspirants must do the test center allotment before the BITSAT Application date.
For Dubai, they were required to choose only one BITSAT 2020 exam center. All those venues where candidates will be able to take up the exam will be the exam centers of BITSAT 2020. The BITSAT 2020 application form will release on January 4. The authorities concerned will allot the exam centers of BITSAT 2020 according to candidates' preferences but if any unavoidable circumstances arise, it may not be candidates' first preference.
Candidates will be able to check their allotted BITSAT 2020 exam centers by using their application number, gender, date of birth and email ID. The admit card of BITSAT 2020 will have the name and address of the allotted exam center mentioned on it. BITSAT will be conducted at 50 exam centers across India, while outside India, it will be conducted at Dubai exam center only.
The documents that a person must carry to the exam hall are given below. Students must carry it, and if anyone fails to carry it one must he or she will not be allowed inside the hall.
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof
- Passport size photographs
Candidates can see their results immediately after the BITSAT Exam Date. The BITSAT 2020 result will be announced on the basis of the correct and wrong answer with the actual score. The result is released in two parts:
- Part-1: Candidates can check their BITSAT Score just after they complete their exam. The computer screen will display the result in terms of a number of total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores.
- Part-2: Admit list and a Waitlist of iteration will also be released.
In addition to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online. Finally, a merit list will be prepared for those who have appeared in BITSAT 2019 and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 10+2 marks, priorities and the required fees. It will also depend on the scores obtained by potential candidates.
How to download BITSAT Results?
For downloading BITSAT Result student need to follow given below steps;
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITSAT.
Step 2: Click on “BITSAT 2020 Results” link.
Step 3: Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Download the result in PDF format and check your result.
Based on the score obtained in the entrance test, authorities will prepare the admit list of BITSAT 2020. The BITSAT 2020 admit list will carry the names of candidates who will be shortlisted for BITSAT 2020 counselling process in different Iteration sessions. BITSAT merit list 2020 will be released before each iteration round. Shortlisted candidates whose name will appear in the admission list will have to submit an admission application form before the given time frame, final date allotted. Candidates must be aware that result of seat allotment process of will be announced in the form of Iteration I, II, III, IV, and V.
All the Campuses of BITS (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai) release their own cutoff for the respective disciplines after the announcement of the results. The candidate is required to see his/her marks and then on the basis of the merit list, he/she can approach for counselling. The Expected cutoff for 2020 can be accessed from the link Expected Cutoff 2020.
|B.E. Electrical & Electronics||338||308||298|
The above table represents the cutoff of BITSAT 2018 exam for few courses offered in different campuses. This will help one to predict the cutoff for the forthcoming exams.
Candidates who will make it in the merit list will be called for BITSAT Counselling 2020. BITSAT Admission process for this year will commence from 11th June 2020. It will be conducted by the concerned BITS Campus. The Counselling will be conducted through 4 phases. If BITSAT 2020 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 Score. There is no reservation followed in BITSAT Admission.
How to Prepare for BITSAT?
Candidate should focus on following a Proper Time Table and giving adequate time to each subject. The candidate should know the syllabus in detail in order to plan his/her strategy. After a strategy has been made, the need is there for proper and timely implementation. Besides this, revising regularly can help in better retainment and application of concepts.
BITS offers numerous courses in various discipline. These courses vary from one campus to another. There are 4 campuses of BITS situated at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. The various courses offered at different campuses of BITS are listed below:
|Programs||BITS Pilani Campus||Pilani||Goa||Hyderabad||Dubai|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||NA||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Instrumental Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
BITSAT Full Form
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for candidates to appear for BITSAT?
Candidates should have obtained at least 75% marks in their 10+2 board examination. The institution that the candidate studied must be recognized by the government of India.
Q: Is ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering) available in Pilani campus?
No. The course is available only in the Hyderabad campus.
Q: If multiple payments are made for a single application, will it be refunded?
Yes. The extra amount paid to a single application form will be refunded. The candidate should provide bank details through the official website.
Q: Can the BITSAT exam be rewritten by the candidate, if necessary?
Yes. The candidate can rewrite the exam provided that he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
Q: Is the reservation system followed in BITSAT?
No. Reservation system is not followed in BITSAT.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for candidates from other countries?
There are no separate eligibility criteria for those candidates.
Q: What is the application process for the NRI candidates?
Eligibility criteria must be satisfied by the candidates. They can apply through International students admission scheme.
Q: Does the university provide a scholarship for the students?
Yes. The university provides scholarship to the students based on the marks obtained in BITSAT, IIT-JEE.
Q: What is the minimum cut-off for BITSAT?
The minimum cut-off varies from 213-378 for Pilani campus, 252-347 for Goa campus and 177-334 for Hyderabad campus. The cut-off varies for different courses.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for candidates to apply for M.Sc?
The M.Sc program is a 4-year integrated program. Candidates can apply for M.Sc after completion of class XII. B.Sc degree is not required.
Q: How many exam centers can a candidate select?
Candidates can select 3 centers based on their preference. If the candidate opts for the exam centre in Dubai, he/she can select only one centre.
Q: How to acquire details about the exam center?
Candidates can know all the details about the exam center from the admit card. Candidates can avail their admit card from the official website.