BITSAT Exam offers admission for B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc aspirants in BITS campuses in Goa, Pilani, and Hyderabad. The full form of BITSAT is Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT 2020 Exam Date is set to be in the 2nd or 3rd week of May 2020. The syllabus is based on 11th and 12th NCERT books.
Candidates can apply for the exam by filling the BITSAT form on the official website. To prepare for the exam one can use the sample paper and previous year question papers. Additional information about login details, books, and mock tests are provided below.
- What is BITSAT?
- Exam Dates
- Preparation Tips
- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Results & Counselling
- BITSAT FAQs
- Related Exams
What is BITSAT?
The full form of BITSAT is Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT is an entrance exam for admission in various disciplines in BITS. BITS, Pilani is a prestigious institution in India offering admissions for interested candidates to Integrated First Degree programs offered at BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani (BITS Pilani) has the authority to conduct BITSAT. It is a Computer-based Test that candidates have to pass to secure admission to any of the BITS campuses in India. The various courses that are offered at BITS are as follows:
- Admissions for BE honors integrated first-degree programs are offered at BITS campuses in disciplines like Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Economics, Mechanical Engineering and Chemical Engineering.
- Apart from this, aspirants can take up this examination for admission to B.Pharm honors, M.Sc honors as well as M.Sc Tech degree programs at the institute.
|Examination Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Conducted By||BITS Pilani|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, and Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Examination Type||University Level|
|Number of Questions
|Marking Scheme||(+)3 marks for every correct response ; (-)1 mark for every incorrect response|
|Seats Offered||2000+ Seats in Total|
BITSAT notification is expected to release in January 2020. The Exam is scheduled in May and final results are expected to be issued in the third or final week of May.
The detailed report of BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates is as follows. One has to understand that these dates are tentative and they may be subjected to change once the official notification is out.
- Application Form: BITSAT Application Form 2020 will be available (tentatively) on the official website from January 4, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on March 20, 2020.
- Admit Card: Admit Card for BITSAT will be released by the authorities in April 2020. Candidates can download it from the official website.
- Exam Date: BITSAT Exam will be expectedly conducted from May 16, 2020 to May 26, 2020. It will be conducted online as a Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Result Date: After the exam has been completed, the screen will show the score obtained by a candidate. Moreover, BITSAT 2020 Results will also be available for download from the next day from the official website. A candidate will have to login with the credentials to check them. BITSAT final Results will be most likely out in the final week of May.
Who can apply for BITSAT?
BITSAT eligibility conditions depend upon the course the candidate has applied for. The criteria revolve varies as per the subjects that the candidate has studied during his/her XII class. BITSAT Eligibility for various disciplines is as follows:
For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have qualified their 10+2 level or it is an equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidates must have completed their 10+2 level exams with the main subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Also, he/she must possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level exams are also eligible to apply.
For Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have completed their 12th level exams or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have qualified 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
Candidate should focus on following a proper time table and giving adequate time to each subject. A candidate should know the syllabus in detail to plan his/her strategy. After a strategy has been made, the need is there for proper and timely implementation. Besides this, revising regularly can help in better retainment and application of concepts.
Eligible candidates are required to first register if they wish to fill in BITSAT 2020 application form. The online application form of BITSAT 2020 will be available from January 2020 tentatively. The candidature of an applicant will be cancelled if the admission authority receives multiple application forms for the exam from particular candidate. It is advised that the candidates must read all the application guidelines and instructions carefully and then click on “Allow me to apply online” Following steps are provided in detail for the candidates on how to fill in the application form of BITSAT:
- Step 1 - Registration
- Step 2 - Filling the Online Application Form
- Step 3 - Uploading of Scanned Images
- Step 4 - Payment of Application Fee
BITSAT 2020 Registration
At first, candidates were required to register before they fill the application form of BITSAT 2020. Candidates were required to open the admission portal of BITSAT and should register by clicking on the “New Registration” tab. Candidates who have already registered are not required to register again. Details required while registering for the application form are given below:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
How to fill BITSAT 2020 Application form?
After the registration process is complete, the candidate is required to fill in the application form with details like personal details, academic details, and contact information. After providing all the necessary details in the application form, candidates will be asked to select the test center of their choice. Following details are required to be provided in the application form:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Address of Communication
- Landline number
- Mobile number
Class 12th Examination Details:
- Name of School (current or last attended)
- Name of the Board of Examination
- Year of Passing/Appearing
- Selection of subject between Mathematics and Biology (Candidates selecting Biology will only be able to sit for the entrance exam of B.Pharm degree programs)
Selection of Exam Test Centres
After providing above details, candidates will be given choices to choose at least three exam exam centers according to their preference. Candidates who wish to take select Dubai as the exam test center will be required to choose only one option i.e. Dubai. Candidates have to confirm their selection and submit the application form.
Application form of BITSAT 2020 can be edited after the candidates have submitted the form. It is advised that before submitting their application form, candidates must review their form and check if any changes are required in their application form.
After the candidates have successfully submitted the online application form, BITSAT 2020 application form number will be generated which they should keep it safe as this would be required for future references.
Uploading Scanned Documents: Now, the candidates will be required to upload the necessary and supporting documents to confirm their application form. Candidate must upload the scanned images of signature and photograph in the required format. After these documents have been uploaded, these documents will be reflecting on the right side of the page. The candidate will now have to click on the “Submit” option to proceed to the next step.
Payment of Application Fees: After the candidates have successfully uploaded the images, they will be redirected to the payment gateway to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid by the candidates in either online or offline mode. The BITSAT 2020 application form will not be accepted if the application fee is not received.
Online Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid in an online mode through Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card and PayTM. The transaction can be done from all the credit and debit cards issued by either Master or Visa only.
Offline Mode of Payment: Offline payment for the application fee can be done through the Challan at the ICICI Bank. Candidates will be required to download the "Bank Challan" and deposit the fee in cash at the nearby ICICI banks branch. Candidates must take the payment receipt from the bank officials when the payment of application fee has been done at the respective bank.
Documents required during registration
Candidates need to upload the required documents or details related to these documents to fill the application form. The uploads should be in JPG/JPEG format. Aspirants of BITSAT 2020 will require the following documents during registration:
- Class 10th or Birth certificate
- Class 12th (or equivalent) certificate (For those who have appeared for this exam in 2019 or before)
- Scanned images of a candidate’s photograph and signature. A photograph should be of the size in between 4 KB to 50 KB in the JPG/JPEG format and the signature should be from 1 KB to 30 KB in size and to also in JPG/JPEG format and upload in the Application Form.
According to the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus, candidates can prefer the NCERT syllabus of 11th and 12th standard to prepare for various topics. The syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning. Topics included in the Syllabus of BITSAT 2020 are given below in details for various subjects:
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.
BITSAT 2020 entrance test will be conducted in online CBT mode in the third to last week of May 2020. The question paper will be available in English. It will contain four sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Logical reasoning, and English proficiency.
- A total of 150 multiple choice questions will be there in the paper. The time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Candidates can prepare using the BITSAT sample papers to score well. In the below table, check the section-wise distribution of questions:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
After attempting all 150 questions, if the time still remains then, there's an option of attempting 12 extra questions. Four questions each will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology sections. It should be kept in mind that once you decide to start with these 12 questions, you wouldn't be able to go back to 150 questions attempted previously.
BITSAT Admit Card has been released on the official website on April 12, 2020. Candidate has to enter his/her Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the BITSAT Admit Card. BITSAT Hall Ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, Application Number, Test Centre details, Test date, Test time, Date of the Exam, Test slot and Exam instructions.
Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in BITSAT 2020 Admit Card, one may report to the conducting authority in time, for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Note: This admit card has to be preserved because candidates have to produce it during the admission process
How to download BITSAT 2020 Admit Card?
The applicant needs to follow these steps for downloading the admit card.
- Go to the BITS official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your Application number, date of birth and Email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
BITS Pilani will release the candidate's test city allotment in April 2020. Candidates can check their allotted city by using their application number and password for login. The authorities had previously released the list of all exam centers in India and aboard from which the candidates had to select 3 preferred centers. All aspirants must do the test center allotment before the BITSAT Application date.
For Dubai, they were required to choose only one BITSAT 2020 exam center. The authorities concerned will allot the exam centers of BITSAT 2020 according to candidates' preferences but if any unavoidable circumstances arise, it may not be candidates' first preference.
Admit card of BITSAT 2020 will have the name and address of the allotted exam center mentioned on it. BITSAT will be conducted at 50 exam centers across India, while outside India, it will be conducted at the Dubai exam center only.
Documents that a person must carry to the exam hall are given below. Students must carry it, and if anyone fails to carry it one must he or she will not be allowed inside the hall.
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof
- Passport size photographs
Candidates can see their results immediately after the BITSAT Exam Date. BITSAT result will be announced based on the correct and wrong answer with the actual score. The result is released in two parts:
- Part-1: Candidates can check their BITSAT Score just after they complete their exams. The computer screen will display the result in terms of several total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores.
- Part-2: Admit list and a waitlist of iteration will also be released.
In addition to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online. Finally, a merit list will be prepared for those who have appeared in BITSAT Exam and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 10+2 marks, priorities and the required fees. It will also depend on the scores obtained by potential candidates.
How to download BITSAT Results?
For downloading BITSAT Result student need to follow given below steps;
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITSAT.
Step 2: Click on “BITSAT 2020 Results” link.
Step 3: Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Download your result in PDF format and keep it safe for future references.
Based on the score obtained in the entrance test, authorities will prepare the admit list of BITSAT 2020. BITSAT 2020 admit list will carry the names of candidates who will be shortlisted for BITSAT 2020 counselling process in different iteration sessions. Shortlisted candidates whose name will appear in the admission list will have to submit an admission application form before the given time frame, final date allotted. Candidates must be aware that result of seat allotment process will be announced in the form of Iteration I, II, III, IV, and V.
All the Campuses of BITS (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai) release their cutoff for the respective disciplines after the announcement of the results. The candidate is required to see his/her marks and then based on the merit list, he/she can approach for counselling. Expected cutoff for 2020 can be accessed from the link Expected Cutoff 2020.
|B.E. in Chemical Engg.||280||260||257|
|B.E. in Civil Engg||274||-||258|
|B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engg.||338||308||298|
|B.E. in Mechanical Engg.||313||283||275|
The above table represents the cutoff for a few courses offered within different campuses. This will help one to predict the cutoff for the forthcoming exams.
Candidates who will make it in the merit list will be called for BITSAT Counselling. BITSAT Admission process for this year will commence from June 11, 2020. It will be conducted by the concerned BITS Campus. Counselling will be conducted through 4 phases. If BITSAT 2020 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 Score. There is no reservation followed in BITSAT Admission.
BITS offers numerous courses in various disciplines. These courses vary from one campus to another. There are 4 campuses of BITS situated at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. The various courses offered at different campuses of BITS are listed below:
|Programs||BITS Pilani Campus||Pilani||Goa||Hyderabad||Dubai|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||NA||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Instrumental Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
For any query you may contact on the following numbers/address on any working day from 9:15 AM to 5:00 PM.
Address: Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani - 333 031 Rajasthan, India.
Telephone: 01596-242205, 01596-255294, 01596-255330
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for candidates to appear for BITSAT?
A: Candidates should have obtained at least 75% marks in their 10+2 board examination with relevant subjects. The institution that the a candidate studied in must be recognized by the government of India.
Q: Is ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering) available in Pilani campus?
A: No. The course is available only in the Hyderabad campus.
Q: If multiple payments are made for a single application, will it be refunded?
A: Yes. The extra amount paid to a single application form will be refunded. The candidate should provide bank details through the official website.
Q: Can the BITSAT exam be rewritten by the candidate, if necessary?
A: Yes. The candidate can rewrite the exam provided that he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
Q: Is the reservation system followed in BITSAT?
A: No. Reservation system is not followed in BITSAT.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for candidates from other countries?
A: There are no separate eligibility criteria for those candidates.
Q: What is the application process for the NRI candidates?
A: Eligibility criteria must be satisfied by the candidates. They can apply through International student's admission schemes.
Q: Does the university provide a scholarship for the students?
A: Yes, the university provides scholarships to the students based on the marks obtained in BITSAT, IIT-JEE.
Q: What is the minimum cut-off for BITSAT?
A: The minimum cut-off varies from 213-378 for Pilani campus, 252-347 for the Goa campus and 177-334 for the Hyderabad campus. The cut-off varies for different courses.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for candidates to apply for M.Sc?
A: The M.Sc program is a 4-year integrated program. Candidates can apply for M.Sc after completion of class XII. B.Sc degree is not required.
Q: How many exam centers can a candidate select?
A: Candidates can select 3 centers based on their preferences. If the candidate opts for the exam center in Dubai, he/she can select only one centre.
Q: How to acquire details about the exam center?
A: Candidates can know all the details about the exam center from the admit card. Candidates can avail of the admit cards from the official website.