BITSAT Exam offers admission for B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc aspirants in BITS campuses in Goa, Pilani, and Hyderabad. The full form of BITSAT is the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT 2020 online tests are scheduled between September 16, 2020 to September 23, 2020. The syllabus is based on 11th and 12th NCERT books.
Candidates can apply for the exam by filling the BITSAT form on the official website. To prepare for the exam, one can use the sample paper and previous year question papers. Additional information about login details, books, and mock tests are provided below.
Latest News on BITSAT 2020
- September 29, 2020: The BITSAT 2020 Result is announced. Candidates can download the scorecard by logging in. Click here for the direct link.
- The BITSAT 2020 admission for Integrated First-Year Courses will close on September 29, 2020. Candidates will be allowed to check and edit their applications on one day i.e; September 30, 2020 (from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM). Further requests to edit the application will not be entertained.
- September 13, 2020: The admit cards for the BITSAT 2020 Exam are out.
- What is BITSAT?
- BITSAT 2020 Exam Date
- BITSAT 2020 Eligibility
- BITSAT Preparation Tips
- BITSAT 2020 Application Form
- BITSAT 2020 Registration
- BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
- BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
- BITSAT 2020 Exam Centres
- BITSAT 2020 Answer key
- BITSAT 2020 Result
- BITSAT 2020 Cut Off
- BITSAT 2020 Counselling
- BITSAT 2020 Reference Books
- Courses Offered
- Contact Information
- BITSAT FAQs
- Related Exams
What is BITSAT?
BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. BITSAT is an entrance exam for admission into various disciplines at Birla Institute of Technology, popularly known as BITS. BITS is a prestigious institution in India offering admissions to interested and qualifying candidates to Integrated First Degree programs offered at their campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. For this, one needs to attempt and clear the BITSAT Exam.
Given below are highlights of the BITSAT Exam.
|Examination Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Conducted By||BITS Pilani|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, and Master of Science (M.Sc.)|
|Examination Type||University Level|
|Number of Questions
|Marking Scheme||(+)3 marks for every correct response; (-)1 mark for every incorrect response|
|Seats Offered||2000+ Seats in Total|
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani (BITS Pilani) has the authority to conduct BITSAT. It is a Computer-based Test that candidates have to pass to secure admission to any of the BITS campuses in India. The various courses that are offered at BITS are as follows:
- Admissions for BE honours integrated first-degree programs are offered at BITS campuses in disciplines like Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Economics, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering.
- Apart from this, aspirants can take up this examination for admission to B.Pharm honours, M.Sc honours as well as M.Sc Tech degree programs at the institute. Each year around fifty thousand students apply for the BITSAT Exam, out of which only a few thousand are shortlisted ultimately.
- Applicants who wish to study at the prestigious BITS colleges, have to first appear for the BITSAT 2020 Exam. Candidates who are interested in getting admission into any of the courses offered at three BITS campuses will have to take the BITSAT Exam. They can apply for the BITSAT 2020 Exam by going to the official website of the exam. On successfully qualifying the BITSAT 2020 Exam, candidates can get admission into BITS courses. The BITSAT 2020 Result will be available on the official website after the exam takes place. Applicants can find out more about the BITSAT 2020 Exam below.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
BITSAT notification was released in January 2020. The Exam was scheduled in May and final results were expected to be issued in the third or final week of May. The BITSAT 2020 Exam was to be conducted in the first week of August but now the BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates had been postponed. Along with the exam dates, other events of the exam like admit card release, slot booking, result date, and counselling schedule dates had also been postponed.
The tentative dates for BITSAT 2020 Exam have been announced. The exam is to be conducted on September 16 to September 18, 2020 and September 21 to September 23, 2020. The BITSAT authorities have also declared test centre cities. Rest of the dates will also be announced on the website soon.
The detailed report of BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates is as follows. One has to understand that these dates are tentative and they may be subjected to change once the official notification is out.
- Application Form: BITSAT Application Form 2020 is made available on the official website from January 11, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is May 11, 2020.
- Admit Card: Admit Card for BITSAT will be released by the authorities soon. Candidates can download it from the official website.
- Exam Date: BITSAT Exam dates are currently postponed and the new dates will be announced soon. It will be conducted online as a Computer-based Test (CBT).
- Result Date: After the exam has been completed, the screen will show the score obtained by a candidate. Moreover, BITSAT 2020 Results will also be available for download from the next day on the official website. The candidates can check their score by logging in to the website with their login credentials.
|BITSAT 2020 Registrations Start Date||January 11, 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 Registrations Last Date||May 11, 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 Admit Card||September 13, 2020|
|BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates||September 16 to September 18, 2020
September 21 to September 23, 2020
For more detailed information about the BITSAT 2020 dates like the result, admission, document verification dates, check BTSAT 2020 Important dates.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility
Candidates who do not meet the BITSAT 2020 eligibility criteria will not be able to apply for the exam. It is important for all the BITSAT 2020 aspirants to check the eligibility criteria which is given below.
BITSAT eligibility conditions depend upon the course the candidate has applied for. The criteria revolve varies as per the subjects that the candidate has studied during his/her XII class and the BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria is different according to the courses. Candidates who want to apply for the BITSAT 2020 Exam should check whether they fit the BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria which considers prerequisites like qualifying marks, subjects etc. Candidates can check their BITSAT 2020 Eligibility below. BITSAT Eligibility for various disciplines is as follows:
For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have qualified their 10+2 level or it is an equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Applying candidates must have completed their 10+2 level exams with the main subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Also, he/she must possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level exams are also eligible to apply.
For Admission into B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have completed their 12th level exams or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: He/she must have qualified 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
BITSAT 2020 Preparation Tips
A BITSAT aspirant should focus on following a proper time table and giving adequate time to each subject. A candidate should know the syllabus in detail to plan his/her strategy. After a strategy has been made, the need is there for proper and timely implementation. Besides this, revising regularly can help in better retainment and application of concepts. Since the subject matter of BITSAT is the syllabus of classes 11 and 12, brushing up key concepts is paramount. It finally comes down to practising questions and question papers continuously to ace time management.
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates are required to first register if they wish to fill in BITSAT 2020 application form. The BITSAT 2020 Application process consists of various stages. The online application form for BITSAT 2020 is made available from January 11, 2020 on the official website. The candidature of an applicant will be cancelled if the admission authority receives multiple application forms for the exam from a particular candidate. It is advised that the candidates must read all the application guidelines and instructions carefully and then click on “Allow me to apply online” Following steps are provided in detail for the candidates on how to fill in the application form of BITSAT:
- Step 1 - Registration (This is the first step in BITSAT 2020 Application process and requires the candidates to give details such as a valid phone number, mail ID, etc.)
- Step 2 - Filling the Online Application Form (The candidate will proceed to fill the application form with more personal details)
- Step 3 - Uploading of Scanned Images (The candidates need to upload a scanned image of their signature, a scanned photograph which must be uploaded as per the given size instructions and other such documents)
- Step 4 - Payment of Application Fee (The candidates must pay the application fees through any online mode)
BITSAT 2020 Registration
At first, candidates were required to register before they fill the application form of BITSAT 2020. Candidates were required to open the admission portal of BITSAT and should register by clicking on the “New Registration” tab. Candidates who have already registered are not required to register again. Details required while registering for the application form are given below:
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
How to fill the BITSAT 2020 Application form?
After the registration process is complete, the candidate is required to fill in the application form with details like personal details, academic details, and contact information. After providing all the necessary details in the application form, candidates will be asked to select the test centre of their choice. Following details are required to be provided in the application form:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Address of Communication
- Landline number
- Mobile number
Class 12th Examination Details:
- Name of School (current or last attended)
- Name of the Board of Examination
- Year of Passing/Appearing
- Selection of subject between Mathematics and Biology (Candidates selecting Biology will only be able to sit for the entrance exam of B.Pharm degree programs)
Selection of Exam Test Centres
After providing the above details, candidates will be given choices to choose at least three exam centres according to their preference. Candidates who wish to take select Dubai as the exam test centre will be required to choose only one option i.e. Dubai. Candidates have to confirm their selection and submit the application form.
Application form of BITSAT 2020 can be edited after the candidates have submitted the form. It is advised that before submitting their application form, candidates must review their form and check if any changes are required in their application form.
After the candidates have successfully submitted the online application form, BITSAT 2020 application form number will be generated which they should keep it safe as this would be required for future references.
Uploading Scanned Documents: Now, the candidates will be required to upload the necessary and supporting documents to confirm their application form. Candidate must upload the scanned images of the signature and photograph in the required format. After these documents have been uploaded, these documents will be reflecting on the right side of the page. The candidate will now have to click on the “Submit” option to proceed to the next step.
Payment of Application Fees: After the candidates have successfully uploaded the images, they will be redirected to the payment gateway to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid by the candidates in either online or offline mode. The BITSAT 2020 application form will not be accepted if the application fee is not received.
Online Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid in an online mode through Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card and PayTM. The transaction can be done from all the credit and debit cards issued by either Master or Visa only.
Offline Mode of Payment: Offline payment for the application fee can be done through the Challan at the ICICI Bank. Candidates will be required to download the "Bank Challan" and deposit the fee in cash at the nearby ICICI banks branch. Candidates must take the payment receipt from the bank officials when the payment of application fee has been done at the respective bank.
Documents required during registration
Candidates need to upload the required documents or details related to these documents to fill the application form. The uploads should be in JPG/JPEG format. Aspirants of BITSAT 2020 will require the following documents during registration:
- Class 10th or Birth certificate
- Class 12th (or equivalent) certificate (For those who have appeared for this exam in 2019 or before)
- Scanned images of a candidate’s photograph and signature. A photograph should be of the size in between 4 KB to 50 KB in the JPG/JPEG format and the signature should be from 1 KB to 30 KB in size and to also in JPG/JPEG format and upload in the Application Form.
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus
According to the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus, candidates can prefer the NCERT syllabus of 11th and 12th standard to prepare for various topics. The syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning. The candidates must know the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus in order to gather all the right study materials to prepare for the exam well.
The students who are appearing for the BITSAT 2020 Exam should be well aware of the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus because the syllabus for the engineering entrance exam is different from the syllabus of the pharmacy entrance exam. Candidates should check the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus for the respective programs. The BITSAT 2020 Exam's question papers will be developed based on the BITSAT 2020 Syllabus. The NCERT books will be usually enough to clear the basic concepts in the topics covered but it is not enough for the BITSAT 2020 Exam. Candidates will need to practice for the BITSAT 2020 Exam by using additional study material.
Topics included in the Syllabus of BITSAT 2020 are given below in details for various subjects:
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The BITSAT Exam is conducted for admission into engineering and pharmacy courses at multiple BIT Campuses. The students who have applied for the BITSAT 2020 Exam should be well aware of the exam pattern of this exam. The exam pattern of the BITSAT 2020 Exam is decided by the BIT authorities. The exam is divided into four parts which are Physics, Chemistry, Logical Reasoning, and English, and the fourth part will either have Mathematics or Biology depending on which exam the student has applied for. The candidates applying for pharmacy will be having Biology in the fourth part and candidates wishing to pursue engineering will have Mathematics in the same. The following are some important points about the BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern.
- The BITSAT 2020 Exam will be conducted online.
- The exam will consist of Multiple Choice Questions i.e. MCQs
- The BITSAT 2020 Exam will be available in English language only.
- A total of 150 multiple choice questions will be there in the paper. The time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- The total marks of the examination are 450.
- The exam will have a negative marking pattern. For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Candidates can prepare using the BITSAT sample papers to score well. In the below table, check the section-wise distribution of questions:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
After attempting all 150 questions, if the time remains then, there's an option of attempting 12 extra questions. Four questions each will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology sections. It should be kept in mind that once you decide to start with these 12 questions, you wouldn't be able to go back to 150 questions attempted previously.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
The BITSAT 2020 Admit card will be available for candidates to download from September 13 2020. Candidates must download the hall ticket during this time. The BITSAT Admit card 2020 will release after the candidates have successfully booked their slots for the BITSAT 2020 exam. The BITSAT 2020 is an important document without which candidates will not be able to appear for the exam.
BITSAT Admit Card will be released on the official website on September 13, 2020. Candidate has to enter his/her Application Number, Date of Birth and Email ID to download the BITSAT Admit Card. BITSAT Hall Ticket includes the following details: Name of the candidate, Photograph and Signature, Application Number, Test Centre details, Test date, Test time, Date of the Exam, Test slot and Exam instructions.
Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information in the BITSAT 2020 Admit Card, one may report to the conducting authority in time, for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Note: This admits card has to be preserved because candidates have to produce it during the admission process as well.
How to download BITSAT 2020 Admit Card?
The applicant needs to follow these steps for downloading the admit card.
- Go to the BITS official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your Application number, date of birth and Email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
Visit BITSAT 2020 Admit Card for more details such as - availability dates, how to download steps with pictures, etc.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Centres
BITS Pilani will release the candidate's test city allotment in April 2020. Candidates can check their allotted city by using their application number and password for login. The authorities had previously released the list of all exam centres in India and aboard from which the candidates had to select 3 preferred centres. All aspirants must do the test centre allotment before the BITSAT Application date.
For Dubai, they were required to choose only one BITSAT 2020 exam centre. The authorities concerned will allot the exam centres of BITSAT 2020 according to candidates' preferences but if any unavoidable circumstances arise, it may not be candidates' first preference.
Admit card of BITSAT 2020 will have the name and address of the allotted exam centre mentioned on it. BITSAT will be conducted at 50 exam centres across India, while outside India, it will be conducted at the Dubai exam centre only.
Documents that a person must carry to the exam hall are given below. Students must carry it, and if anyone fails to carry it one must he or she will not be allowed inside the hall.
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof
- Passport size photographs
BITSAT 2020 Answer Key
The BITSAT 2020 Answer key is released on the official website and candidates with the help of the answer key can estimate the score of the BITSAT 2020 Exam. If candidates have doubts over a particular answer they can challenge the answer key or in other words "raise objection". The final BITSAT 2020 Answer key will be released after all the objections have been taken into account. The BITSAT 2020 results will be based on the final Answer key.
Visit here for BITSAT 2020 Answer keys for previous years' answer keys.
The candidates to check the BITSAT 2020 Answer key must visit the official website. Then click on the answer key link provided on the website. They can download the BITSAT 2020 Answer key for future reference.
Note: Candidates can only challenge the provisional answer key. After the BITSAT 2020 Final answer key is released no candidate will be allowed to raise objection.
BITSAT 2020 Results
Candidates can see their results immediately after the BITSAT Exam Date. BITSAT result will be announced based on the correct and wrong answer with the actual score. The result is released in two parts:
- Part-1: Candidates can check their BITSAT Score just after they complete their exams. The computer screen will display the result in terms of several total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores.
- Part-2: Admit list and a waitlist of iteration will also be released.
In addition to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online. Finally, a merit list will be prepared for those who have appeared in BITSAT Exam and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 10+2 marks, priorities and the required fees. It will also depend on the scores obtained by potential candidates.
How to download BITSAT Results?
For downloading BITSAT Result student need to follow given below steps;
Step 1: Visit the official website of BITSAT.
Step 2: Click on the “BITSAT 2020 Results” link.
Step 3: Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Download your result in PDF format and keep it safe for future references.
BITSAT Rank List
Based on the score obtained in the entrance test, authorities will prepare the admit list of BITSAT 2020. BITSAT 2020 admit list will carry the names of candidates who will be shortlisted for the BITSAT 2020 counselling process in different iteration sessions. Shortlisted candidates whose name will appear in the admission list will have to submit an admission application form before the given time frame, final date allotted. Candidates must be aware that the result of seat allotment process will be announced in the form of Iteration I, II, III, IV, and V.
BITSAT 2020 Cut off
The candidates must score the provided BITSAT 2020 cut off or more in order to go through the counselling process and take admissions. All the Campuses of BITS (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai) release their cutoff for the respective disciplines after the announcement of the results. The BITSAT 2020 Cut Off will be calculated by taking into consideration different factors like the number of seats available, the total number of students who appeared for the exam, difficulty level of the exam for that year and previous year cut off. Each course and each college will have different BITSAT 2020 Cut Off for admissions. The candidate is required to see his/her marks and then based on the merit list, he/she can approach for counselling. Expected cutoff for 2020 can be accessed from the link Expected BITSAT 2020 Cut off.
|B.E. in Chemical Engg.||280||260||257|
|B.E. in Civil Engg||274||-||258|
|B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engg.||338||308||298|
|B.E. in Mechanical Engg.||313||283||275|
The above table represents the cutoff for a few courses offered within different campuses. This will help one to predict the cutoff for the forthcoming exams.
BITSAT 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will make it in the merit list will be called for BITSAT Counselling. BITSAT Admission process for this year will commence from January 1, 1970. It will be conducted by the concerned BITS Campus. Counselling will be conducted through 4 phases. If BITSAT 2020 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 Score. There is no reservation followed in BITSAT Admission. The BITSAT 2020 Counselling process will start a few weeks after the announcement of the result. The BITSAT 2020 Counselling will have several rounds where candidates will go through document verification and allotment of the available seats. These seats will be assigned based on the performance of the candidate in the BITSAT 2020 Exam and class 12 marks. Candidates will have to register for the counselling process separately where they will have to enter the class 12 marks along with the preference of the institute. Authorities will declare the date for commencement of counselling.
BITSAT 2020 Reference Books
The BITSAT is an entrance exam for getting admission into B.Pharm and B.Tech programs at various BITSAT campuses. The BITSAT 2020 Exam has different syllabus and exam pattern according to the respective course. The engineering BITSAT 2020 Exam has Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics whereas the pharmacy entrance test is composed of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Along with these subjects, there are English and Logical Reasoning sections present as well. Candidates should know the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam before starting the preparation of the exam. NCERT Textbooks of respective subjects will cover the basic concepts of these topics but it is not sufficient to score well on BITSAT 2020 Exam. In addition to getting the basics cleared, revising the material is just as important. Students can use study guides and reference books for the revision. The following list contains books which can be helpful for BITSAT 2020 Exam preparation.
- Arihant Physics - D. C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics - I. E. Irodov
- Advanced Level Physics - Nelson and Parker
- Fundamentals of Physics - Resnick, Halliday, Walker
- Atkin's Physical Chemistry - Peter Atkins
- Essential Organic Chemistry - Arihant Publications
- A Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations - R. C. Mukherjee
- Inorganic Chemistry - O. P. Tandon
- Differential Calculus - Arihant Publications
- Integral Calculus - Arihant Publications
- Objective Mathematics - R. D. Sharma
- Higher Algebra - Hall Knight Bernard Child
- Botany - A. C. Dutta
- A Textbook of Biology - P. S. Dhami, G. Chopra, Srivastava
- English Grammar and Composition - Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy - Norman Lewis
- Logical Reasoning - R. S. Agarwal
- BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning - Disha Experts
BITSAT Courses Offered
BITS offers numerous courses in various disciplines. These courses vary from one campus to another. There are 4 campuses of BITS situated at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. The various courses offered at different campuses of BITS are listed below:
|Programs||BITS Pilani Campus||Pilani||Goa||Hyderabad||Dubai|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||NA||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Instrumental Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
For any query, you may contact the following numbers/address on any working day from 9:15 AM to 5:00 PM.
Address: Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani - 333 031 Rajasthan, India.
Telephone: 01596-242205, 01596-255294, 01596-255330
Email: [email protected]