BITS Pilani has released an official notification regarding the release of the application form of BITSAT 2021 along with the official brochure. Candidates who will be writing the exam can start filling in their application form from Feb 23, 2021. The last date to apply online for BITSAT 2021 is extended to Jun 30, 2021 till 5:00 PM. The BITSAT Exam Date 2021 has been postponed.
BITSAT Exam 2021 offers admission to its campuses in Goa, Pilani, and Hyderabad for B.E, B.Pharm and M.Sc aspirants. BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test. The BITSAT 2021 syllabus is based on the 11th and 12th NCERT books.
Candidates can apply for the BITSAT exam 2021 by filling in their BITSAT 2021 form on the official website. To prepare for the BITSAT exam 2021, candidates can use the sample paper and the previous year question papers. More information about login details, books, and mock tests have been mentioned below.
Latest News on BITSAT 2021
- BITSAT 2021 Exam Postponed; Application Deadline Extended to 30 June - Published on May 15, 2021
- May 15, 2021: The last date to apply for BITSAT 2021 has been extended to June 30, 2021. The exam has been postponed and the new dates will be released soon. For more information, Visit BITSAT 2021 Admission Form Details.
- What is BITSAT?
- BITSAT 2021 Exam Date
- BITSAT 2021 Eligibility
- BITSAT 2021 Registration
- BITSAT 2021 Application Form
- BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
- BITSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- BITSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
- BITSAT 2021 Admit Card
- BITSAT 2021 Exam Centres
- BITSAT 2021 Answer key
- BITSAT 2021 Result
- BITSAT 2021 Cut Off
- BITSAT 2021 Counselling
- BITSAT 2021 Reference Books
- BITSAT 2021 Courses Offered
What is BITSAT?
BITSAT stands for Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test. It is an entrance exam for admission into various disciplines at various campuses of Birla Institute of Technology, popularly known as BITS. BITS is one f the most prestigious institutions in India offering admissions to interested and qualifying candidates to its integrated first degree programs offered at their campuses in Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. To get admissions to these courses one needs to attempt and clear the BITSAT exam 2021. Given below are some of the highlights of the BITSAT exam 2021.
|Exam Name||Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test|
|Conducted By||BITS Pilani|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Pharmacy, and Master of Science (M.Sc)|
|Examination Type||University Level|
|Number of Questions
|Marking Scheme||(+)3 marks for every correct response; (-)1 mark for every incorrect response|
|Seats Offered||2000+ seats in Total|
Birla Institute of Technology and Science Pilani (BITS Pilani) is the exam conducting authority of BITSAT 2021. It is a computer-based test that candidates have to pass to secure admission to any of the BITS campuses in India. The various courses that are offered at BITS have been listed below:
- Admissions for BE honours integrated first-degree programs are offered at BITS campuses in disciplines such as Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical and Economics, Mechanical Engineering, and Chemical Engineering.
- Apart from this, aspirants can also take up the BITSAT examination for admission to courses such as B.Pharm honours, M.Sc honours as well as M.Sc Tech degree programs at the institute. Each year around fifty thousand students apply for the BITSAT exam 2021, out of which only a few thousand are shortlisted ultimately.
- Candidates who are interested in getting admission at any of the three BITS campuses will have to take the BITSAT exam 2021. They can apply for the BITSAT 2021 exam by visiting the official website of the exam. Once they have successfully qualified for the BITSAT exam 2021, candidates can get admission into BITS courses. The BITSAT 2021 result will also be available on the official website after the exam has been conducted. Applicants can find out more about the BITSAT 2021 exam below.
BITSAT 2021 Exam Date
Candidates who are planning to attempt the BITSAT exam in 2021 are requested to go through the BITSAT important dates and schedule carefully. BITSAT 2021 is postponed and the new date will be announced soon. Candidates are advised to prepare their study schedule around the BITSAT 2021 timeline.
The detailed report of BITSAT 2021 exam dates has been tabulated below.
|Release of BITSAT application form 2021||Feb 23, 2021|
|Last date to apply for BITSAT 2021||Jun 30, 2021|
|BITSAT 2021 Admit Card||To be announced|
|Test Centre Allotment||To be announced|
|BITSAT Exam Date 2021||Postponed|
|Announcement of BITSAT 2021 Result||To be announced|
Read More: BITSAT Exam Dates 2021
BITSAT 2021 Eligibility
If the candidate who wishes to take up the BITSAT 2021 does not meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by BITS, they will not be able to apply for the exam. All the BITSAT 2021 aspirants need to check the eligibility criteria before filling in the applications.
The eligibility criteria for BITSAT depends on the course the candidate has applied for. BITSAT 2021 eligibility criteria varies according to the courses the candidate has opted for. Candidates who want to apply for the BITSAT exam 2021 should check whether they fit the BITSAT 2021 eligibility criteria which considers prerequisites like qualifying marks, subjects etc. The BITSAT eligibility for various disciplines has been listed below:
For First degree program except for B.Pharm
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have qualified their 10+2 level or an equivalent exam from any recognized board/ University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates who are applying must have completed their 10+2 level exams with the main subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths. Also, he/she must also possess adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates are expected to have an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing in the 12th level exams are also eligible to apply.
For Admission into B.Pharm courses
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates who are applying must have completed their 12th level exams or its equivalent exam from any recognized board/University.
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidates must have qualified 12th level exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as the main subjects. Also, he/she must have adequate proficiency in English.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates must have scored an aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Mathematics subjects. In each of the subjects, he/she must have secured 60% marks.
Read More: BITSAT Eligibility 2021
BITSAT 2021 Registration
Candidates are first required to register themselves before they fill in their BITSAT 2021 application form. Candidates are required to open the admission portal of BITSAT 2021 and should register by clicking on the “New Registration” tab. Candidates who have already registered can skip this. Details required while registering for the application form are given below:
- Name of the candidate
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
Documents required during BITSAT 2021 Registration
Candidates need to upload the required documents or details related to these documents to fill in their application form. The uploads should be in JPG/JPEG format. Aspirants of BITSAT 2021 will require the following documents during registration:
- Class 10th or Birth certificate
- Class 12th (or equivalent) certificate (For those who have appeared for this exam in 2019 or before)
- Scanned images of a candidate’s signature. A photograph should be of dimensions between 4 KB to 50 KB in the JPG/JPEG format and the signature should be from 1 KB to 30 KB in size and also in JPG/JPEG format and upload in the application form.
BITSAT 2021 Application Form
Eligible candidates are required to first register if they wish to fill in their BITSAT 2021 application form. The BITSAT 2021 application process consists of various stages. The online application form for BITSAT exam 2021 is available from Feb 23, 2021 to Jun 30, 2021 on the official website. The candidature of an applicant will be cancelled if the admission authority receives multiple application forms for the exam from a particular candidate.
How to fill the BITSAT 2021 Application form?
It is advised that the candidates read all the application guidelines and instructions carefully and then click on 'Allow me to apply online'. Following steps are provided in detail for the candidates on how to fill in their application form of BITSAT 2021:
- Registration (This is the first step in the BITSAT 2021 Application process and requires the candidates to give details such as a valid phone number, mail ID, etc.)
- Filling the Online BITSAT Application Form (The candidate will proceed to fill the application form with more personal details)
- Uploading of Scanned Images (The candidates need to upload a scanned image of their signature, a scanned photograph which must be uploaded as per the given size instructions and other such documents)
- Payment of BITSAT Application Fee (The candidates must pay the application fees through any online mode)
After the candidates have successfully submitted their online application form, the BITSAT 2021 application form number will be generated which they should keep safe as this would be required for future references during counselling and other process. The application form of BITSAT 2021 can be edited after the candidates have submitted the form when the correction window is open. It is advised that before submitting their application forms, candidates must review their form and check if any changes are required.
Details required for the BITSAT 2021 Application form
After the registration process is completed, the candidate is required to fill in the application form with details like personal details, academic details, and contact information. After providing all the necessary details in the application form, candidates will be asked to select the test centre of their choice. Following details are required to be provided in the application form:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Address of Communication
- Landline number
- Mobile number
Class 12th Examination Details:
- Name of School (current or last attended)
- Name of the Board of Examination
- Year of Passing/Appearing
- Selection of subject between Mathematics and Biology (Candidates selecting Biology will only be able to sit for the entrance exam of B.Pharm degree programs)
Selection of Exam Test Centres: After providing the above details that are required, candidates will be given choices to choose at least three exam centres according to their preference. Candidates who wish to take select Dubai as an exam test centre will be required to choose only one option i.e. Dubai. Candidates have to confirm their selection and submit the application form.
Uploading Scanned Documents: After the selection of test centres, the candidates will be required to upload the necessary and supporting documents to confirm their application form. The candidate must upload the scanned images of their signature and photograph in the required format. After these documents have been uploaded, these documents will then reflect on the right side of the page. The candidate will now have to click on the “Submit” option to proceed to the next step.
Payment of Application Fees: After the candidates have successfully uploaded the images, they will be redirected to the payment gateway page to pay the application fee. The application fee can be paid by the candidates in either online or offline mode. The BITSAT 2021 application form will not be accepted if the application fee is not received.
Online Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid in online mode through Net Banking, Debit Card or Credit Card and PayTM. The transaction can be done from all the credit and debit cards issued by either Master or Visa only.
Offline Mode of Payment: Offline payment for the application fee can be done through challan at the ICICI Bank. Candidates will be required to download the "Bank Challan" and deposit the fee in cash at the nearby ICICI banks branch. Candidates must take the payment receipt from the bank officials when the payment of the application fee has been done at the respective bank.
BITSAT 2021 Application Fees
While filling out the application form, candidates will be asked for centre preferences for taking the BITSAT 2021 exam. Candidates will get the option to choose centres from within India and Dubai.
- If a candidate opts to write the exam in India, then he/she will have to provide three preferences and the allotted exam centre will be on e among their preference.
- If a candidate opts for Dubai centre, he/she will not be asked for any centre preference and will be allotted Dubai centre only.
The application fees for both male & female candidates for BITSAT 2021 examination are tabulated below:
|Male candidates||INR 3400|
|Female candidates||INR 2900|
|Candidates opting Dubai exam centre (males and females)||INR 7000|
Read More: BITSAT Application Form 2021
BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
According to the BITSAT 2021 syllabus, candidates can refer the NCERT syllabus of 11th and 12th standard to prepare for various topics. The syllabus will include various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, English Proficiency, and Logical Reasoning. The candidates must know the BITSAT exam 2021 syllabus to gather all the right study materials to prepare for the exam well.
The students who are appearing for the BITSAT Exam 2021 should be well aware of the BITSAT 2021 syllabus because the syllabus for the engineering entrance exam is different from the syllabus of the pharmacy entrance exam. Candidates should check the BITSAT 2021 syllabus for the respective programs. The BITSAT 2021 exam's question papers will be developed based on the BITSAT 2021 syllabus. The NCERT books will be usually enough to clear the basic concepts in the topics covered but it is not enough for the practice. Candidates will need to practice for the BITSAT Exam 2021 by using additional study materials.
Topics included in the syllabus of BITSAT exam 2021 are given below in details for various subjects:
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Rotational Motion, Work and Energy, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, atomic structure, Physical and Chemical Equilibrium, Hydrogen and s-block elements, p- d- and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, etc.
- English Proficiency: Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension and Composition.
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal reasoning – Classification, Analogy, Logical Deduction – Reading Passage, Chart Logic ETC. Nonverbal reasoning – Pattern Perception, Figure Matrix, Paper Cutting, Rule Detection, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Linear Programming, etc.
Read More: BITSAT Syllabus 2021
BITSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The BITSAT exam is conducted for admission into engineering and pharmacy courses at multiple BITS Campuses. The students who have applied for the BITSAT Exam 2021 should be well aware of the exam pattern. The BITSAT exam pattern is decided by the BITS Pilani authorities. The exam is divided into four parts which are Physics, Chemistry, Logical Reasoning, and English, and the fourth part will either have Mathematics or Biology depending on which exam the student has applied for. The candidates applying for pharmacy will be having Biology in the fourth part and candidates wishing to pursue engineering will have Mathematics. The following are some important points about the BITSAT 2021 exam pattern.
- The BITSAT Exam 2021 will be conducted online.
- The exam will consist of Multiple Choice Questions i.e. MCQs
- The BITSAT Exam 2021 will be available in the English language only.
- A total of 150 multiple choice questions will be there in the paper. The time duration of the exam will be of 3 hours.
- The total marks of the examination are 450.
- The exam will have a negative marking for every wrong answer. For each correct answer, 3 marks will be awarded. 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer, and no marks will be added or deducted if the question is left unattempted.
Candidates can prepare using the BITSAT sample papers to score well. In the below table, check the section-wise distribution of questions:
|Sections||Subjects||Number of questions|
After attempting all 150 questions, if the time remains then, there's an option of attempting 12 extra questions. Four questions each will be from Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology sections. It should be kept in mind that once you decide to start with these 12 questions, you wouldn't be able to go back to 150 questions attempted previously, and attempting these extra 12 questions will give the candidate a higher scope to get admissions into one of the BITS campuses.
BITSAT 2021 Preparation Tips
A BITSAT aspirants should focus on following a proper time table and giving adequate time to each subject. Candidates should know the syllabus in detail to plan his/her strategy. Besides this, revising regularly can help in better retainment and application of concepts. Since the subject matter of BITSAT is the syllabus of classes 11 and 12, brushing up on key concepts will be of great help. It finally comes down to practising questions and question papers continuously to ace time management.
BITSAT 2021 Admit Card
The BITSAT 2021 admit card is yet to be announced. Candidates must download the BITSAT hall ticket once it has been made available on the official websites. The BITSAT admit card 2021 will release after the candidates have successfully booked their slots for the BITSAT Exam 2021. The BITSAT admit card is an important document without which candidates will not be able to appear for the exam. Candidates are expected to preserve their BITSAT admit card for future reference.
The candidate has to enter his/her application number, date of birth and email ID to download the BITSAT admit card. BITSAT hall ticket includes details like the name of the candidate, photograph and signature, application number, test centre details, test date, test time, date of the exam, test slot and exam instructions.
Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy or incorrect information on the BITSAT 2021 admit card, one may report to the conducting authority in time, for the generation of a new admit card with correct information.
Note: This admits card has to be preserved because candidates have to produce it during the admission process as well.
How to Download BITSAT 2021 Admit Card?
Once the BITSAT admit card has been made available on the official website, candidates have to download it and keep it in possession throughout the admission process. The applicant needs to follow the steps mentioned below to successfully download the BITSAT admit card.
- Go to the BITS official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your application number, date of birth and email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
Read More: BITSAT Admit Card 2021
BITSAT 2021 Exam Centres
BITS Pilani will release the candidate's test city allotment in April 2021. Candidates can check their allotted city by using their application number and password for login. The authorities had previously released the list of all exam centres in India and abroad from which the candidates had to select 3 preferred exam centres. All aspirants must do the test centre allotment before the BITSAT application date.
For Dubai, they are required to choose only one BITSAT 2021 exam centre. The authorities concerned will allot the exam centres of BITSAT 2021 according to candidates' preferences, but it may not be candidates' first preference if any unavoidable circumstances arise.
The admit card of BITSAT 2021 will have the exam centre details, including the name and address of the allotted exam centre mentioned on it. BITSAT will be conducted at 50 exam centres across India, while outside India, it will be conducted at the Dubai exam centre only.
Documents required at the BITSAT 2021 Exam centre
Candidates attempting the BITSAT Exam 2021, have to follow a pre-defined set of instructions given out by the official authorities. Candidates have to carry certain mandatory documents at the BITSAT exam centre, if the candidate fails to carry one of the following documents, he/she will not be allowed to attempt the exam. The required documents at the BITSAT exam centre are mentioned below:
- Admit Card/ Hall ticket
- Identity Proof
- Passport size photographs
Read More: BITSAT Exam Centre 2021
BITSAT 2021 Answer Key
The BITSAT 2021 answer key will be released on the official website and candidates with the help of the answer key can estimate the score of the BITSAT 2021 exam. If candidates have doubts over a particular answer they can challenge the answer key or in other words 'raise objection' and ask for correction. The final BITSAT 2021 answer key will be released after all the objections have been taken into account. The BITSAT 2021 results will be based on the final answer key.
To access the BITSAT 2021 answer key candidates must visit the official website, click on the answer key link provided on the homepage of the website. They can download the BITSAT 2021 answer key for future reference.
Read More: BITSAT Answer Key 2021
BITSAT 2021 Results
Candidates can see their results immediately after the BITSAT Exam Date. BITSAT 2021 result date is yet to be announced. Candidates can visit the official website and check the result.
- Part 1: Candidates can check their BITSAT score just after they complete their exams. The computer screen will display the result in terms of several total correct answers and wrong answers along with the scores.
- Part 2: Admit list and a waitlist of iteration will also be released.
In addition to this, the college also releases a tentative score report online. Finally, a merit list will be prepared for those who have appeared in BITSAT exam and who have submitted the application for admission in the prescribed form with 10+2 marks, priorities and the required fees. It will also depend on the scores obtained by potential candidates.
How to download BITSAT Results?
For downloading the BITSAT Result student need to follow given below steps;
- Visit the official website of BITSAT.
- Click on the “BITSAT 2021 Results” link.
- Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download your result in PDF format and keep it safe for future references.
BITSAT Rank List
Based on the scores obtained in the entrance test, authorities will prepare the admit list of BITSAT 2021. BITSAT 2021 admit list will carry the names of candidates who will be shortlisted for the BITSAT 2021 counselling process in different iteration sessions. Shortlisted candidates whose name will appear in the admission list will have to submit admission application form before the given time frame, final date allotted. Candidates must be aware that the result of the seat allotment process will be announced in the form of iteration I, II, III, IV, and V.
Read More: BITSAT Results 2021
BITSAT 2021 Cut off
The candidates must score the provided BITSAT 2021 cut off or more to go through the counselling process and take admissions. All the Campuses of BITS (Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai) release their cut off for the respective disciplines after the announcement of the BITSAT results. The BITSAT 2021 cut off will be calculated by taking into consideration different factors like the number of seats available, the total number of students who appeared for the exam, difficulty level of the exam for that year, and previous year cut off. Each course and each college will have a different BITSAT 2021 cut off for admissions. The candidates are required to see his/her marks and then based on the merit list, he/she can approach for counselling. BITSAT 2020 cut off was decided after considering the previous year's trends, and the same procedure will be taken into account before announcing the BITSAT 2021 cut off.
|B.E. in Chemical Engg.||280||260||257|
|B.E. in Civil Engg||274||-||258|
|B.E. in Electrical & Electronics Engg.||338||308||298|
|B.E. in Mechanical Engg.||313||283||275|
The above table represents the cut off for a few courses offered within different campuses. This will help one to predict the cut off for the forthcoming exams.
Read More: BITSAT Cut Off 2021
BITSAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates who will make it to the merit list will be called for BITSAT counselling. BITSAT admission process for 2021 will commence after the BITSAT result has been released. Counselling will be conducted by the concerned BITS Campus. BITSAT counselling will consist of 4 major phases. If BITSAT 2021 total score is the same for two candidates then, the candidate who obtained higher marks in Mathematics/ Biology will be given preference in allotment of seats.
Direct admissions will be given to all those students who will obtain the first rank in their respective State/ Central board exams, irrespective of their BITSAT Exam 2021 score. There is no reservation followed in BITSAT admission. The BITSAT 2021 counselling process will start a few weeks after the announcement of the result. The BITSAT 2021 counselling will have several rounds where candidates will go through document verification and allotment of the available seats. These seats will be assigned based on the BITSAT marks and class 12 marks. Candidates will have to register for the counselling process separately, where they will have to enter their class 12 marks along with the preference of the institute. Authorities will declare the date for the commencement of BITSAT counselling.
BITSAT 2021 Reference Books
The BITSAT is an entrance exam for getting admission into B.Pharm and B.Tech programs at various BITSAT campuses. The BITSAT paper has a different syllabus and exam pattern according to the respective course. The engineering BITSAT 2021 exam has Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, whereas the pharmacy entrance test is composed of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Along with these subjects, there are English and Logical Reasoning sections present as well. Candidates should know the syllabus and exam pattern of the exam before starting the preparation of the exam. NCERT textbooks of respective subjects will cover the basic concepts of these topics but it is not sufficient to score well on BITSAT 2021 exam. In addition to getting the basics cleared, revising the material is just as important. Students can use study guides and reference books for revision. The following list contains books that can be helpful for BITSAT Exam2021 preparation.
- Arihant Physics - D. C. Pandey
- Problems in General Physics - I. E. Irodov
- Advanced Level Physics - Nelson and Parker
- Fundamentals of Physics - Resnick, Halliday, Walker
- Atkin's Physical Chemistry - Peter Atkins
- Essential Organic Chemistry - Arihant Publications
- A Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations - R. C. Mukherjee
- Inorganic Chemistry - O. P. Tandon
- Differential Calculus - Arihant Publications
- Integral Calculus - Arihant Publications
- Objective Mathematics - R. D. Sharma
- Higher Algebra - Hall Knight Bernard Child
- Botany - A. C. Dutta
- A Textbook of Biology - P. S. Dhami, G. Chopra, Srivastava
- English Grammar and Composition - Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy - Norman Lewis
- Logical Reasoning - R. S. Agarwal
- BITSAT English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning - Disha Experts
Read More: BITSAT Counselling 2021
BITSAT Courses Offered
BITS offers numerous courses in various disciplines. These courses vary from one campus to another. There are 4 campuses of BITS situated at Pilani, Goa, Hyderabad, and Dubai. The various courses offered at different campuses of BITS are listed below:
|Programs||BITS Pilani Campus||Pilani||Goa||Hyderabad||Dubai|
|Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||NA||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Electronics and Instrumental Engineering||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
BITSAT Contact Information
For any query, you may contact the following numbers/address on any working day from 9:15 AM to 5:00 PM.
Address: Admissions Office, BITS, Pilani - 333 031 Rajasthan, India.
Telephone: 01596-242205, 01596-255294, 01596-255330
Email: [email protected]
BITSAT official website: www.bits-Pilani.ac.in
What is the eligibility criteria for candidates to appear for BITSAT?
Candidates should have obtained at least 75% marks in their 10+2 board examination with relevant subjects. The institution that the a candidate studied in must be recognized by the government of India.
Is ECE (Electronics and Communication Engineering) available in Pilani campus?
No. This course is available only in the Hyderabad campus and nowhere else. Candidates are instructed to check the details on the official website before applying.
If multiple payments are made for a single application, will it be refunded?
Yes. The extra amount paid to a single application form will be refunded. The candidate should provide bank details through the official website. Refund will be initiated by the bank and should reflect in the account within a few days.
Can the BITSAT exam be rewritten by the candidate, if necessary?
Yes. The candidate can rewrite the exam provided that he/she satisfies the eligibility criteria.
Is the reservation system followed in BITSAT?
No. Reservation system is not followed in BITSAT. Qualifying parameters are merit-based.
What is the eligibility criteria for candidates from other countries?
International Students have to submit SAT scores as part of the admission process.
What is the application process for the NRI candidates?
International applicants might have to take the SAT Exam as an entry requirement. BITSAT Eligibility criteria must be satisfied by the candidates. They can apply through International student\'s admission schemes. More can be found out about the same on the official website.
Does BIT offer any financial aid for needy students?
Yes, the university provides scholarships to the students based on the marks obtained in BITSAT, IIT-JEE. Along with it, students who do not qualify for the scholarships at the Institute can also apply for educational loans. At the time of BITSAT Counselling, the SBI will have their stalls on campus and students can avail the educational loans on the spot. Having an SBI account will be helpful for students who are seeking an educational loan from the SBI.
What is the minimum cut-off for BITSAT?
The minimum cut-off varies from 213-378 for Pilani campus, 252-347 for the Goa campus and 177-334 for the Hyderabad campus. The cut-off varies for different courses.
What is the eligibility criteria for candidates to apply for M.Sc?
The M.Sc program is a 4-year integrated program. Candidates can apply for M.Sc after completion of class XII. B.Sc degree is not required.
How many exam centers can a candidate select?
Candidates can select 3 centers based on their preferences. If the candidate opts for the exam center in Dubai, he/she can select only one centre.
How to acquire details about the exam center?
Candidates can know all the details about the exam center from the admit card. Candidates can avail of the admit cards from the official website as and when it is released.
Do I have to apply separately for each BITS campus?
No. You need not fill separate forms. Candidates will only have to fill one BITSAT Application form where they can give preferences for the degree programs at all three BITS Campuses.
What will be the medium for the BITSAT Exam?
The BITSAT Exam will only be available in the English language. No other language is available.
How many attempts can students take for the BITSAT Exam?
Applicants can take BITSAT Exam any number of times as long as they fulfill the Eligibility criteria although they cannot take the BITSAT Exam twice in one year.