Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination is a National Level Entrance Examination of KIIT University. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology conducts KIITEE to offer admission in various Undergraduate & Postgraduate Engineering and Law courses to aspirants through KIITEE. Get detailed information on the KIITEE Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Application Form, Admit Card, Exam Pattern and more.
- What is KIITEE Exam?
- Exam Date 2020
- Exam Pattern
- How to apply for KIITEE 2020?
- Admit Card
- KIITEE FAQs
What is KIITEE Exam?
KIIT University (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology) Bhubaneshwar, Odisha is the conducting authority of KIITEE exam and it manages and administers KIITEE every year. KIIT University conducts KIITEE exam every academic year to provide admissions in various Undergraduate (UG)and Postgraduate(PG) programmes.
KIITEE is an online exam which means candidates have to take KIITEE as a computer-based test. KIITEE 2020 will be conducted from April 15, 2020 to April 24, 2020. Candidates can apply for KIITEE through KIITEE application form released on the official website. Nearly 1.5 lakh candidates appear for KIIT exam every year.
KIITEE exam opens a gateway to various Bachelor's and Master's Degree courses. Some of the major undergraduate programmes that it offers include B.Tech, BBA, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Arch, etc. Postgraduate programmes include courses like M.Tech, M.Com, M.Sc, MCA, MBA, M.Sc, etc.
|Exam Name||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Marks||+4 for Correct Answers -1 for Incorrect Answers for Unattempted Answers|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
KIITEE Exam Dates 2020
Candidates should be aware of KIITEE Exam Date and other important dates. Some of the important details are mentioned in this section.
Application Form will be available on the official website of KIIT from November 16, 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on April 10, 2020. After registering successfully for the exam KIITEE Admit Card will be issued online for the candidates on April 5, 2020.
Important Exam Dates
All the important exam events and their dates are mentioned in the table given below. KIITEE application form releases in November 2019 and the entire process ends with the counselling of KIITEE exam that is expected to be held from May 8, 2020, to May 10, 2020. KIITEE exam dates are very important from the examinee point of view. Failure to meet any of the given dates might lead to rejection to appear in the exam or the counselling.
|Release of KIITEE Application Form 2020||November 16, 2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||April 10, 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 5, 2020|
|Last date to download KIITEE 2020 Admit Card||April 15, 2020|
|KIITEE 2020 Exam Date||April 24, 2020|
|KIITEE 2020 Result Date||April 30, 2020|
|Counselling for KIITEE 2020||May 15, 2020|
NOTE: The above-mentioned dates are tentative. It will be updated after the conducting authority releases the dates.
KIITEE Eligibility 2020
KIIT sets the eligibility criteria for KIITEE. The eligibility criteria are different for different courses. Candidates who want to apply for Kalinga Institute of Technology must meet the following eligibility criteria for KIITEE 2020:
Age Limit: A candidate should be born on or after July 1, 1999.
Educational Qualification: Eligibility criteria also include educational qualification as a standard to be eligible to apply for KIITEE exam. It concentrates on the academic performance and background of the student. To be eligible to apply for any exam every student has to qualify the threshold marks set by the conducting body, if candidate manages to cross the threshold barrier then he/she is eligible to be a qualified candidate according to criteria.
- Candidates who have cleared 10+2 exams in the year 2018 or 2019 or appearing in the year 2020 are eligible to apply but they need to produce proof at the time of counselling.
- Candidates should have scored at least 60% in 10+2 exam or its equivalent in aggregate in PCM subjects (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
- For B.Tech & M.Tech (Dual Degree) programme in Biotechnology, candidates should have cleared class 12th or its equivalent with 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
KIITEE Eligibility for UG Courses
Eligibility criteria for KIITEE exam are mentioned here in the table given below. KIITEE eligibility for UG courses includes the following major criteria that include educational qualification, minimum aggregate in 10+2 school exam is 60% and the age limit of the candidate is strictly taken into consideration. For any of the UG courses if the candidates fail to meet the eligibility criteria then he/she will not be allowed to appear for KIITEE examination.
|B.Tech||Education Qualification||Candidate should have passed 10+2.|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 60%.|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be born after the 1st of July 1999.|
|B.Tech (Architecture)||Education Qualification||Candidate should have passed 10+2 with mathematics as a mandatory subject.|
|Required Examination||Applicant should have passed NATA.|
|Minimum aggregate||Aspirants should have a minimum of 60% aggregate in their 10+2.|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be born after the 1st of July 1999. SC/ST candidates have an age relaxation of 5 years.|
|BBA Programmes||Education Qualification||Candidate should have passed 10+2 with mathematics/business mathematics/economics and statics as one of his/her subjects.|
|Minimum aggregate||Aspirants should have a minimum of 60% aggregate in their 10+2.|
|Age Limit||The applicant should be born on or after the 1st of July 1999.|
|BA LLB/ BBA LLB/ B.Sc.LLB||Education Qualification||Candidate should have passed 10+2, and for B.Sc LLB, the candidate should be from science stream.|
|Minimum aggregate||Applicants should have a minimum of 45% aggregate in their 10+2.|
|Age Limit||Aspirants should not be more than 21 years before 1st July 2020.|
|BCA||Education Qualification||Candidate should have passed 10+2 in any stream with mathematics as a mandatory subject.|
|Minimum aggregate||Applicants should have a minimum aggregate of 50%.|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be born after the 1st of July 1999.|
KIITEE Eligibility for PG Courses
Eligibility criteria for Master's Degree courses through KIITEE are different from those of undergraduate courses. Candidates applying for a PG course through the KIITEE exam have different eligibility criteria. Candidates seeking admission to KIIT University has to satisfy all of the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to be eligible to apply for the PG course. List of all the eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
|M.Tech in Electronics and Electricals/power electronics and drivers/power energy and system/ power system engineering||Education Qualification||Candidate should have passed in B.tec/B.E or any other Equivalent degree in electronics and electrical, electronics and communication, electronics and telecommunication and electronics and telecommunication|
|Minimum aggregate||Applicants should have passed in first class|
|M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering||Education Qualification||Candidates should have passed in B.Tech/B.E or any equivalent degree in computer science, information technology, electrical and electronics, electronics and communication, electronics and instrumentation.|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have passed in first class|
|Candidates who have MCA or M.Sc in computer science/ information technology can also apply.|
|M.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication/ VSLI & embedded system/ Microwave RS Engineering||Education Qualification||Applicants should have B.Tech/BE or any equivalent degree in electronics and telecommunication, electronics and instrumentation and can also have M.Sc in electronics|
|Minimum aggregate||Aspirants should have passed in first class|
|M.Tech in Mechanical /Manufacturing Process and System/ Thermal and Machine Design Engineering||Education Qualification||Candidate should have studied B.Tech/B.E or any equivalent degree in mechanical/production engineering.|
|Minimum aggregate||Applicants should have passed in First Class|
|M.Tech in Civil/construction and management/ structural engineering/ geotechnical/ water resource engineering||Education Qualification||Candidates should have a B.E/B.Tech in the field of civil engineering or above degrees|
|Minimum aggregate||Students should have passed in First Class|
|M.Sc (2 years) in Biotechnology and Microbiology||Education Qualification||Students should have a Bachelor's degree in science/agriculture/pharmacy/veterinary/ engineering/technology/medicine|
|Minimum aggregate||Applicants should have a minimum aggregate of 55%|
|LLM||Education Qualification||Candidates should have passed BA LLB/ BBA LLB/ B.Sc LLB/ BL or any other equivalent degree|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have 55% aggregate|
|M.Sc in Nursing||Education Qualification||Applicants should have passed B.Sc Nursing/B.Sc Hons nursing/ post-basic nursing|
|Minimum aggregate||Students should have a minimum aggregate of 55% (50% for SC/ST candidate)|
|Candidates should have B.Sc degree from a university/institution which is under the Indian Nursing Council|
|Experience||Candidates should have a minimum of 1-year experience|
|Public Health||Education Qualification||Aspirants should have a Bachelor Degree in health science from any recognized university/institution|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 55%|
|Hospital Administration||Education Qualification||Applicants should have a bachelor's degree in MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BHMS BNYS/BPT/B.Sc(nursing)/BPharma/B.Sc in allied health science/bachelor's degree in arts/commerce/science/law from a recognized university/institution|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 55%|
|MA in Yoga Therapy||Education Qualification||Applicants should have a bachelor degree in science/arts/law/commerce from a recognized university/institution|
|Minimum aggregate||Aspirants should have a minimum aggregate of 50%|
|Integrated dual degree M.Sc - Ph.D. (Applied Physics/chemistry/ mathematics/data science)||Education Qualification||Applicants should possess a bachelor's degree in B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E with Mathematics/Physics/ Chemistry as one of the main subjects|
|Minimum aggregate||Students should have a minimum of 60%|
|Ph.D. Candidates||Education Qualification||Applicants should have an M.Tech/MBA/ME/MCA/ M.Sc/M.Com/MA/LLM|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have 60% aggregate (M.Tech/MBA/ME/MCA)|
|Applicants should have a minimum of 55% if they have M.Sc/M.Com/MA/LLM|
|MCA||Education Qualification||Aspirants should have a bachelors degree and should have Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 or equivalent subjects|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have a minimum of 50% aggregate in Bachelor's|
|Age Limit||Applicants should be born on or after 1st July 1996|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||Education Qualification||Students must have passed or appeared for 2018 bachelor's exam in BCA or B.Sc (IT or Computer) course duration of duration 3 years|
|Minimum aggregate||Candidates should have a minimum aggregate of 50%|
|Age Limit||Applicant should be born on or after 1st of July 1996|
Syllabus for KIITEE differs for each of the courses. KIITEE syllabus is based on subjects ranging from higher secondary to graduation level. Before beginning preparation for the KIITEE 2020, applicants should go through the detailed KIITEE Syllabus to prepare for the exam in the best way possible. All the topics have been well defined and segregated based on the subjects on which the examinee will be tested.
To strategize and prepare for the exam each of the aspirants has to select the important topics and leave out the rest of unimportant topics for the exam. Subjects along with their respective topics have been enlisted on this table. Check thoroughly the entire table for KIITEE syllabus.
|Physics||Units and Measurement, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia, Gravitation, Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Transference of Heat, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents, Magnetic Effects of Currents, Magnetostatics, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Ray Optics, Wave Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electron and Photons, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Solids and Semi-Conductors.|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Solutions, Chemical Energetics and Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Families Periodic Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemistry of Non-Metals - 1, Chemistry of Non-metals-II, Chemistry of Lighter Metals, Heavy Metals, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Transition Metals Including Lanthanides, Coordination Chemistry and Organo Metallics, Nuclear Chemistry, Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Some Basic Principles, Hydrocarbons, Organic Compound Containing Halogens, Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Synthetic and Natural Polymers, Bio-Molecules and Biological Processes, Chemistry In Action, Environmental Chemistry.|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers, Matrices and Determinants, Quadratic Equations, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Its Applications, Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Two-Dimensional Geometry, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion, Probability, Trigonometry|
KIITEE 2020 will be conducted through Online (Computer-based Test) as a pen-paper test is no more available as an option. KIITEE examination will be available only in English language. Test duration will be of 180 minutes (3 hours) for a total of 120 questions. KIITEE has an objective type question paper pattern. For each correct answer, the candidate is awarded (+4 marks) and or each incorrect answer (-1 marks) is deducted. No marks deduction for unattempted questions.
The examinee/ candidates have to freedom to move from one section to another without the restriction of any sectional completion. KIITEE examination pattern is explained in brief below:
- Mode of Examination: KIITEE exam will be a computer-based online test.
- Paper Medium: Medium of paper is English.
- Paper Duration: Duration of paper is three hours only.
- Total number of questions: It consists of 120 objective type questions. Each question is followed by four answer options, a candidate has to select only one correct option.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be awarded for every correct response and one mark will be deducted for every incorrect response. No mark deduction for unattempted question. Total weightage of the paper is 480 marks.
- No Sectional restriction: Candidates are allowed to move to other sections/windows of the questions without any restriction.
Aspirants seeking admission into KIIT University for UG and PG courses have to appear for the KIITEE examination. Before a candidate appears for the examination, everyone has to register themselves in the examination portal. After the registration is complete, the candidate can proceed with the application form fill up. Application form consists of several sections and each of the fields marked with an '*' has to be filled up.
KIITEE registration process is explained below in detail:
- Visit the official website of KIIT University (https://kiitee.kiit.ac.in)
- Go to 'KIITEE Registration'.
- Fill the registration form with required information like Name, Email ID, Phone Number, etc. You will receive an OTP on your registered email ID.
- Enter OTP to verify your credentials. You will receive login ID and Password, using this you can continue to the application form fill up.
KIITEE Admit Card 2020 will be available for download only after the submission of Application Form. Candidates can register for KIITEE from November 16, 2020 and last to date to register is April 10, 2020. They have to fill in various KIITEE Application Form Details and proofread it before submitting it. Then they can download the admit card once it is released.
Documents needed during KIITEE Application Form 2020 fill-up
Candidates can continue with KIITEE Application Form fill-up after they are done with the registration process. Before candidates proceed with the application process, they need to have certain documents in handy which will help them during the application process. The essential documents to be kept during the application form fill up includes:
- Photograph of the candidate
- Scanned signature of the candidate
- Class 10th mark sheet.
How to apply for KIITEE 2020/KIITEE Application Procedure
Candidate can fill out the application form once the KIITEE application form issue date is announced. Aspirants are eligible to apply only when they have completed the KIITEE registration successfully. KIITEE application form fill-up requires a step-by-step procedure for a successful application. This form is divided into four major sections, namely: Personal Details, Academic Details, Test centre selection, and Document Uploadation. Each section has various fields that have to be filled with the required information.
KIITEE application form fill up procedure is described in detail below:
- Log in using your login ID and Password that you received via email.
- Select the course you want to apply for and click on 'Apply Online'. Application form window opens. Fill in the details asked in each of the sections.
- First is the Personal Details section, which asks about candidate's details like Candidate's Name, Parents' name, Permanent Address, Gender, D.O.B, and Nationality.
- Second is Academic Qualification section where all details regarding std. X and XII marks are to be filled.
- Third section is the exam centres are to be selected in decreasing order of preference.
- Fourth is Document Uploadation where all the required scanned copies of the documents have to be submitted like, scanned signature copy, scanned photograph copy, reservation category certificates, etc.
- KIITEE Application Fee is free of cost, so no fee payment is to be made.
- After the application procedure is complete, candidate can wait for the confirmation of application status.
Application Form Details
KIITEE application form contains many fields that aim to know about the candidates' personal information, academic qualification, their choice of test cities according to which the test centres are also allotted to the candidates. As the application process is online then all the document upload is done online. These uploaded documents include a scanned copy of the candidate's photograph along with a scanned copy of candidate's signature.
If the candidate falls under any of the reservation categories like SC, ST, OBC, PwD, etc. then the applied candidate has to upload scanned copies of the reservation certificates also
- Mode: Registration for KIITEE will be done through Online mode.
- Registration: KIITEE 2020 Application Form is available on the official website of KIIT from November 16, 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on April 10, 2020.
- Photograph: Upload the photograph of specifications (4 cm X 5 cm).
- Signature: Browse and attach your digital signatures which will be displayed on your application form of specifications (3.5 cm X 1.5 cm)
- The photograph should have been taken after 1st December 2020.
- Registration Fee: Registration fee is free of cost, so no application fee has to be paid.
Once candidates have booked exam slot they can download their KIITEE Admit Card from the official website. KIITEE Admit Card consists of all the details regarding the examination, including examination slot, day as well as the allotted test centres. Candidates are advised to check the application form before submission as it is not allowed to change any information after KIITEE admit card is issued.
- Issue Date: Admit Card for KIITEE 2020 will be available to download from the official website from April 5, 2020.
- Slot Booking: Before downloading KIITEE Admit Card candidates have to undergo a process of slot booking. In the process, candidates have to choose the slot of time and date as per their convenience. After slot booking candidates can download their Admit Card.
- Information on Admit Card: Name, Date of Birth, Roll Number, Photograph, Signature, Examination Date, Examination Time, Examination Venue, KIITEE 2020 Instruction.
How to download KIITEE Admit Card?
Candidates can download their admit card when the admit card issue date is announced by the conducting body in the official website of KIITEE. Candidates can download KIITEE admit card from only the official website for KIITEE exam only. Admit cards will be issued or is available for download only till the day of the examination.
- Visit candidates portal on the official website of KIITEE.
- Enter your KIITEE application number and date of birth and submit it.
- Then you have to book a KIITEE Exam slot which is convenient for you.
- KIITEE Admit Card will be displayed on your screen. You can download it and take the printout in an A4 size sheet.
Note: In case of any discrepancy in the KIITEE Admit Card candidates should contact the admission director to resolve their problem.
Candidates can choose their preferences of KIITEE Exam Center from 27 states during KIITEE Application Form submission. Once Exam Center is allotted to the candidates no request will be accepted for the change of the Exam Center.
Information related to Exam Center will be present on KIITEE Admit Card. Candidate should bring the Admit Card along with any one of the Government Id Proof to the Exam Centre.
|Name of the State/City||Exam. Centre||Centre Code|
|Andaman Nicobar||Port Blair||01|
Results will be announced on the official website by the conducting authority on April 30, 2020. Candidates can view the KIITEE Result with the help of their Registration No. and Date of Birth. KIITEE 2020 Answer Key will be published by KIIT University within a few days after the exam date. Candidates can calculate the marks and accordingly calculate the marks. If by any chance candidate gets marks lower than their expectation then they can give their answer form for a review.
Merit list will be produced based on marks scored by the candidates participating in the KIITEE examination. According to the merit list rank and marks normalisation, KIITEE percentile can be calculated based on which the candidates will be called for counselling to KIIT University.
How to check KIITEE Result?
After the dates of the KIITEE result are declared the candidate can check the official website for the scorecard. To view KIITEE scorecard the candidate has to enter his KIITEE registration number and D.O.B as login to view the results.
Steps related to viewing KIITEE results online are as follows:
- Once KIIT publishes the result on the official website, you can visit the official website and search for "KIITEE Results 2020" and click on it.
- Now you will be redirected towards a student login page, here you have to enter your application number and date of birth as entered during the registration process.
- Candidates can view their KIITEE Result and Download it.
- It is advised to keep a hardcopy of the KIITEE result as it is necessary even in the KIITEE counselling process.
Counselling for KIITEE will commence from May 15, 2020. Candidates who manage to score marks above the cut-off score qualifies and will be called for the counselling and seat allotment process.
There are tentatively two rounds of KIITEE Counselling for which the candidates should appear on time. Successful candidates will be intimated of their final selection through admission offer letter containing the terms and conditions of the admission.
- You are going to take KIITEE as a computer-based online Test at a workstation.
- You are required to be present in the Test Centre 45 minutes before the starting time of the Test as specified in the admit card.
- The Proctor will announce the commencement and completion of the KIITEE Examination.
- Candidates should leave their seats on hearing the announcement of completion.
- The candidate must show, on-demand, the valid Admit Card for admission into the KIITEE Examination Hall.
- A candidate, without a valid Admit Card, will not be permitted to enter the KIITEE Examination Hall under any circumstances.
- A seat indicating KIITEE Application Number will be allotted to each candidate. Candidates should find out and occupy their allotted seats only.
- The candidature of a candidate, found to have changed Hall or seat on his/her own, shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any Textual, Material, Calculator, Slide Rule, Log Table, Electronics Watch, Printed or Written Material, Papers, Mobile Phone, Pager or any other device except the Admit Card and Pen/Pencil inside the Examination Hall.
- No candidate, without the permission of the Centre Superintendent/ Proctor, can leave his/her seat or KIITEE Examination Hall until the completion of the Examination.
- Smoking in the Examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
- Tea coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed inside the KIITEE Examination Hall.
Q. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for KIITEE?
Ans. Eligibility is different for B.Tech, B.Arch, MCA, MBA, BA LLB, and B.Sc. Please go through the eligibility section for complete information.
Q. What is the validity of the scorecard?
Ans. It will be valid for only one year.
Q. Is KIIT UGC approved?
Ans. Yes, UGC has granted the status of the deemed university to KIIT.
Q. Is KIIT a tier 1 university?
Ans. Yes, KIIT has recently got Tier 1 accreditation.
Q. What is the eligibility to apply for a Ph.D.?
Ans. Candidates with M.Tech/ MBA/ ME/ MCA should have a minimum aggregate of 60% and Candidates with M.Sc/M.Com/MA/LLM should have a minimum aggregate of 55% to apply for the Ph.D. programme.
Q. What is the exam pattern for B.Tech?
Ans. The KIITEE exam will be held in the online mode i.e, Computer Based Test. Duration of the exam is three hours and consists of three sections on Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. There will be a total of 120 questions and one mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
Q. Is KIIT a good university?
Ans. KIIT has recently got tier 1 accreditation and is ranked as number 32 by MHRD in the year 2016. So yes, it is a good university.
Q. What is the reservation criteria in KIITEE?
Ans. The University will announce separate merit lists for each category. Categories and reservation percentage are as given below:
- General Category (GE): 44.5%
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15% seats
- Scheduled Tribe (ST): 7.5% seats
- Physically challenged (PC): 3% seats
- Women Candidates: 30% ( B.Tech/ B.Tech & M.Tech(Dual Degree)/ B.Tech & MBA(Dual Degree) )
Q. How can I register for the MCA Programme?
Ans. Candidates can register on the official website of KIITEE by providing the required details (name, email and phone number). Next step is to fill the application form which will be available from November 16, 2019.
Q. From where can I get the application form for the Ph.D. programme?
Ans. Eligible candidates can apply online or download the application from the KIIT website.