A state-level test that is conducted in West Bengal. Every year more than 4 lakh students participate in the exam. It is an exam meant for students who aspire to do Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Pharmacy courses.
- What is WBJEE Exam?
- WBJEE Exam Date
- WBJEE 2020 Registration
- WBJEE 2020 Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- WBJEE Results 2020
- WBJEE Counselling & Colleges
- WBJEE Related Exams
What is WBJEE?
Full form of WBJEE is West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board conducts WBJEE exam for admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. It is a state-level exam, candidates across West Bengal take WBJEE exam to get admission into these courses.
WBJEE Application is live from October 18, 2019 to
November 13, 2019
For Engineering, you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects. And, for Pharmacy you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
Placement: Through WBJEE exam one can get admission into undergraduate/Bachelors's degree programmes. More than hundreds of colleges in the state of West Bengal are offering courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture.
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE Board)|
|Courses Offered||Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Exam Date||February 2, 2020|
|Duration||Paper 1- 120 minutes and Paper 2- 120 minutes|
|Helpline Number||1800-102-3781 (Toll-Free),
033- 23671149/ 23671159
WBJEE Exam Dates
Candidates who are willing to take WBJEE can apply for it from October 18, 2019. WBJEE Application Form is available on the WBJEE official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on November 13, 2019.
WBJEE Board will release Admit Card on January 27, 2020 (tentative). Candidates who have completed the application process can visit the website and download the Admit Card. WBJEE 2020 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT). And WBJEE Exam Date is on February 2, 2020.
WBJEE Board will declare the results on the official website on June 10, 2020 (tentative). Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2020 will be called for the counselling process which will be held on July 18, 2020 (tentative).
|Important Events of WBJEE 2020||Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||October 18, 2019|
|Last Date to apply for WBJEE||November 13, 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||January 27, 2020 (tentative)|
|WBJEE 2020 Date||February 2, 2020|
|Results Announcement||June 10, 2020 (tentative)|
Note: The dates which are mentioned as tentative will be announced officially later. Other dates are officially announced.
Eligibility for WBJEE
Candidates willing to apply for WBJEE 2020 for admissions in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Architecture courses must fulfil the criteria of eligibility for WBJEE as set by West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board of Education.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India and should be a resident of West Bengal.
- Candidates must be above 17 years of age.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 45% of marks in all the 3 subjects. In the case of SC/ ST/ OBC-A /OBC-B / PwD candidates, they should have secured a minimum of 40% of marks.
- They should have passed the English subject with a minimum of 30% marks.
More details regarding WBJEE Eligibility Criteria are in the following table.
|Education||Passed 10+2 or equivalent|
|Minimum Marks||45% in all 3 subjects - General 40% in all 3 subjects - SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be minimum of 17 years old|
WBJEE Board is offering admissions for candidates who have completed their class XI or equivalent and for candidates who are looking to take admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture.
WBJEE Syllabus for WBJEE is similar to the syllabus of physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects of class XI and class XII. The topics for WBJEE 2020 are mentioned below:
- Physics: Current Electricity, Heat & Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Work Energy Power, Wave Motion, Nuclear Physics, Solids & Semiconductor Devices, Modern Physics - Atomic Models, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion.
- Chemistry: Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Bonding, Transition Elements (d & f block), S-block elements, General Organic Chemistry, p-Block Elements, Redox Reactions, Ionic Equilibrium, Chemical Equilibrium, Coordination Compounds, Carboxylic Acids & Derivatives, Alcohol Phenol Ether, Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Mathematics: Vectors, Probability, Three Dimensional Geometry, Matrices Determinants, Limits, 3-D Geometry, Indefinite Integration, Definite Integration, Sets, Relation & Functions, Theory of Equations, Permutation & Combination, Complex Numbers.
WBJEE Board has released the application form on October 18, 2019 on their official website which is www.wbjeeb.in. You have to fill in the various WBJEE Application Form and have to submit before November 13, 2019. You can read the following sections to get more details about the application form.
How to apply for WBJEE?
Students can read the following steps to know about the application process of WBJEE. And they have to remember that they have to apply before November 13, 2019.
- Registration: Find the page of the Application Form on the official website. Enter the Name, Email, and Mobile Number for registration purposes.
- Login: Login with the Application Number and Password which is sent to the registered Phone Number and Email.
- Fill Online Application Form: Candidates can fill the online Application Form by entering details such as Examination, Personal, Academic, Contact, and Parents/Guardian.
- Upload of Documents: Candidates must upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph and signature.
- Payment of Registration Fee: The registration fee of INR 700 should be paid by the candidate's Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Paytm.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form.
|Examination Fees||INR 700/-||INR 500/-|
WBJEE Application Form Details
Once the application form is released, candidates can visit the official website and start filling the application form. Having said that the application is already released for 2020. Some of the important details which the candidate should know are given below:
- Application Dates: The application is available from October 18, 2019 and candidates must apply before November 13, 2019.
- Correction Window: As per the official notification there will be no correction window. So candidates must give valid and proper information while filling the form. However, the correction window might be opened after a few days but the information is uncertain.
- Documents Upload: Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph, left thumb impression and signature as per dimension mentioned below:
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 100 KB||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Documents required to apply for WBJEE
Various documents and details that candidates should have before applying for WBJEE are as follows:
- Candidate's Name
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Date of Birth and a certificate indicating the same.
- Valid mobile number and email ID.
- Candidate's Address, category, and aadhar number.
- Income Tax Certificate.
- Class X Certificate/Mark sheet.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (If applicable)
WBJEE Exam Pattern
WBJEE is an offline exam (Pen & Paper-based Test) and the WBJEE Exam Date is February 2, 2020. The question paper will have multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
The question paper of WBJEE has 2 parts, Part I and Part II. The first part is the Mathematics Paper and Second Paper contains Physics and Chemistry. Candidates who are taking engineering and Architecture should attend both parts. And those who are aspiring for Pharmacy courses have the option to take only the first part.
According to WBJEE Exam Pattern, the question paper will be in English and will contain 155 questions and will have a maximum mark of 200. Candidates have to complete the exam is 4 hours and each part will be given 2 hours.
Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers. Since there is negative marking, candidates are advised to answer carefully.
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||Paper 1 - 2 hour, Paper 2 - 2 hours|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 - 100, Paper 2 - 100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Marks for Correct Answers -1/4 Marks for Wrong Answers|
WBJEE Admit Card
The Admit Card will be released by the WBJEE online on the official website on January 27, 2020 (tentative). On the Exam Date candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
If there is any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the authority.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the WBJEE Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
How to Download WBJEE Admit Card?
Once the admit card is released by the conducting authority candidates can follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website and click on the icon "Download Admit Card".
- Enter your details like application number, date of birth and security pin and submit it.
- Now the admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the admit card and go through it once for any discrepancy.
- Take a printout of the WBJEE Admit Card in an A4 size sheet.
WBJEE Exam Centres
The WBJEE will be conducted in 23 major cities in the state of West Bengal and 2 centres in the other states. Candidates can choose up to 3 Exam Centre as there choice of location which is convenient for them and close to them.
The efforts will be made to allocate the city of the exam to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their Application Form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city or nearby area may be allotted.
Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail. The decision of the WBJEE Board regarding allotment of Centre, date & shift shall be final. No further correspondence or request shall be entertained.
Note: Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/ Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
Know more about WBJEE Exam Centres
Results will be declared on the official website on June 10, 2020, WBJEE Results will be based on marks the candidates have scored in the exam.
Answer Key: Once the exams are over, WBJEE Board will release Answer Key after 2 to 3 days. Candidates can download model WBJEE answer key from the wbjeeb.nic.in. In case, candidates do not agree with the responses indicated in the answer key, they can submit a challenge against any answer/key with an additional fee of INR 500.
Merit List: Merit List will be prepared based on the candidate's performance in WBJEE 2020. WBJEE Board will release 2 merit lists and they are:
- GMR (General Merit List): Used for admission to Engineering/ Architecture courses and Pharmacy course at Jadavpur University.
- PMR (Pharmacy Merit List): Used for admission to all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University.
Cut-off: If candidates obtain marks equal/above the WBJEE cut-off then candidates who have written both the papers of WBJEE 2020 will secure both GMR and PMR. While candidates appearing only in Paper 2, will get PMR rank only.
Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2020 will be called for the counselling process. WBJEE Counselling will be held on July 18, 2020.
The WBJEE Counselling involves the following steps:
- Choice Locking,
- Seat Allotment,
- Document Verification and Reporting to the College.
The availability of the seats in various colleges/ universities will be published before the counselling by the competent authorities.
Check WBJEE Colleges here
Q: Can my application form be submitted offline?
Ans. No, there is no option of offline submission of the application form. The application process for WBJEE 2020 is completely online.
Q: Is the WBJEE 2020 Application Fee refundable?
Ans. No, the application fee is not refundable under any circumstance.
Q: Can I correct wrongly entered information in my WBJEE 2020 Application Form?
Ans. Yes, you may correct the wrongly entered information on your WBJEE 2020 Application Form. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) provides a 'Correction Facility' window period. However, information such as Name, Father's/Mother's Name, Date of Birth, and Gender cannot be corrected.
Q: Is there an upper age limit while applying for WBJEE 2020?
Ans. No, there is no age upper age limit set by the WBJEEB. However, students aspiring to apply for Marine Engineering courses must be 25 years of age or older.
Q: What is a Domicile Certificate? And when is the last date for submitting the Domicile Certificate for WBJEE 2020?
Ans. A Domicile Certificate certifies that the bearer is a resident of a State/UT. A Domicile Certificate must be submitted for WBJEE 2020 stating that the candidate has been a resident of West Bengal for 10 years or more as on 31st December 2020. Hence the domicile certificate for WBJEE 2020 must be issued on December 31st, 2020 or later.
Q: What are the mandatory documents required for filling out the WBJEE 2020 Application Form?
Ans. Scanned copies of the candidate's photograph and signature are required during the time of uploading WBJEE 2020 Application Form, failing which the application will not be accepted.
Q: Should I provide an income certificate while applying for WBJEE 2020? If yes, when should it be issued?
Ans. Yes, an income certificate for the financial year 2018-19 needs to be provided while applying for WBJEE 2020. This certificate must not be issued earlier than 31st March 2020.
Q: I am a PwD Category student. For WBJEE 2020 what is the considered percentage of disability?
Ans. The usual percentage of PwD considered for the exam is between 40% to 70%
Q: I have re-uploaded my photograph and signature for the WBJEE exam. It says 'Admin Approval Required' what does that indicate?
Ans. Once the photograph and signature are re-uploaded, it takes the Board 3 days to approve the new images. During which time, the candidate gets an alert message- 'Admin Approval Required' at the time of login.
Q: I forgot to download the Confirmation Page for WBJEE. Is it possible to get a duplicate of the confirmation page?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to get a duplicate of the confirmation page. Candidate's need to apply to the Board and pay INR 500 as a processing fee utilizing a demand draft in the name of 'West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board' payable in Calcutta.
Q: I have forgotten the password I created for my WBJEE Application. Are there any ways to retrieve the password?
Ans. The only way to log in would be to click on the 'Forgot Password' link provided either retain or create a new password for your WBJEE Application.
Q: What are the documents that must be carried by the candidate on the exam day?
Ans. A candidate must carry the following documents that are listed below to enter the exam centre.
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
- Two copies of colour photograph (uploaded during online application)
- The original copy of a valid government ID
Q: When can the candidates download the admit card of WBJEE?
Ans. Candidates can download the admit card on the official website from January 27, 2020 (tentative) onwards.
Q: What if the candidate lost the admit card and unable to download it? What should the candidate do?
Ans. It is important for the candidates to immediately save the admit card once it has been issued. The candidates should take a few copies of the admit card and kept safely. If the candidate has lost the admit card and unable to download it, he/she can generate a duplicate admit card only till April 22, 2020. The candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a demand draft in the name of "West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board" payable in Kolkata.
Q: Is there a possibility that the exam centre can be changed once the admit cards are issued?
Ans. No, it is not possible to change the Exam Centre once the admit cards have been issued.
Q: I am not able to download WBJEE Admit Card 2020. What should I do?
Ans. Listed below are the probable reasons to why you are unable to download your document:
- Low internet speed
- If the application form is incomplete
- Entering incorrect credentials
Q: Will the admit card of WBJEE 2020 is delivered personally to our addresses?
Ans. No, mode of availability of WBJEE 2020 Admit Cards is only online. The document will not be delivered personally to your address.
Q: Is there any provision to download a duplicate copy of the hall ticket?
Ans. Yes, you can generate WBJEE Admit Card’s duplicate, in case you lost it or defaced it, but only till the date of examination, i.e. April 22, 2020. After that, if you request a duplicate admit card, the board will issue it, but it will be chargeable.
Q: What is the fee for a duplicate admit card after the examination?
Ans. Requesting a duplicate admit card, after WBJEE Exam, will cost you INR 500. The fee has to be remitted by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board” payable at Kolkata. So be careful, with your WBJEE Admit Card.
Q: How can I locate or find directions to the examination hall of WBJEE 2020?
Ans. The admit card will have the exam address of the exam centre of WBJEE 2020.
Q: What can I do if there are any incorrect details on the admit card?
Ans. Candidates are supposed to check all the details carefully once the admit card is released. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates are supposed to report it to the official authority, WBJEE and get it resolved.
Q: If the board has issued a correct admit card, which WBJEE 2020 Admit Card should I bring to the exam centre?
Ans. It is advisable that the candidate, who got their respective admit cards corrected for whatever reason may be, brings both of the admit cards to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
WBJEE 2020 News
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card is released on the official website, candidates can download it by entering their application number and date of birth.
Check Other important details below: