WBJEE is a state-level entrance test that is conducted in West Bengal. Every year more than 4 lakh students participate in the exam. It is an exam meant for students who aspire to pursue Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and Pharmacy courses.
- September 11, 2020: The registration for Round 2 of the WBJEE 2020 Counselling process is being accepted from today. The last date to register is September 18, 2020. Click here to register.
- August 31, 2020: The WBJEE 2020 Counselling Round 1 Seat Allotment Result is announced.
- August 26, 2020: The counselling schedule for the WBJEE 2020 is revised. Check the Exam Date Section for the revised dates.
- August 12, 2020: WBJEE 2020 counselling to begin today. The detailed schedule is mentioned in the WBJEE 2020 Exam Dates section.
- What is WBJEE Exam?
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Date
- WBJEE 2020 Eligibility
- WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
- WBJEE 2020 Application Form
- WBJEE 2020 Application Process
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- WBJEE 2020 Reference Books
- WBJEE 2020 Previous Year Question Papers
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Centres
- WBJEE 2020 Pre-Exam Analysis
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Analysis
- WBJEE 2020 Results Out Now!
- WBJEE 2020 Cut Off
- WBJEE 2020 Selection Process
- WBJEE Counselling & Colleges
- WBJEE 2020 Preparation Tips
- WBJEE Contact Details
- WBJEE Related Exams
What is WBJEE?
The full form of WBJEE is West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board conducts the WBJEE exam for admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. It is a state-level exam, candidates across West Bengal take the WBJEE exam to get admission into these courses.
For Engineering, you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects. And, for Pharmacy you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
Through the WBJEE exam, one can get admission into undergraduate/Bachelors's degree programs. More than hundreds of colleges in the state of West Bengal are offering courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. If you wish to take admission into any of these courses in the state of West Bengal then candidates have to appear for the WBJEE Exam, which is an entrance test and first step in the admission process for any of these programs. Candidates can register for this exam by going to the official website of the WBJEE Exam. After the WBJEE results are declared, candidates can apply to their desired degree programs using the WBJEE Result. More information about the WBJEE Exam is given below.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Highlights
The table below shows some highlights of the WBJEE 2020 Exam.
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE Board)|
|Courses Offered||Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Duration||Paper 1: 120 minutes and Paper 2: 120 minutes|
WBJEE 2020 Exam Date
The applications for WBJEE 2020 Exam started from October 18, 2019. WBJEE 2020 Application Form was made available on the WBJEE official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in and the last date to submit the application form was on November 13, 2019.
WBJEE Board released the Admit Card on January 24, 2020. Candidates who completed the application process could visit the website and download the Admit Card. WBJEE 2020 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT). And WBJEE Exam Date was on February 2, 2020.
WBJEE Board declared the results on the official website on August 7, 2020. The WBJEE 2020 Counselling will have multiple rounds. The first round of counselling started on August 12, 2020. The WBJEE 2020 Counselling will likely continue till the mnth of October. Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2020 will be called for the counselling process which will be held on after the announcement of the WBJEE Result.
|Important Events of WBJEE 2020||Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||October 18, 2019|
|Last Date to apply for WBJEE||November 13, 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||January 24, 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Date||February 2, 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Result Date||August 7, 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Counselling Date||August 12, 2020|
Note: The dates which are mentioned as tentative will be announced officially later. Other dates are officially announced.
WBJEE 2020 Eligibility
Candidates willing to apply for WBJEE 2020 for admissions in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Architecture courses must fulfill the criteria of eligibility for WBJEE as set by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board. The candidates before filling the WBJEE 2020 Application form must check and read the eligibility criteria carefully. The candidates must fulfil the required criteria in order to appear for the WBJEE 2020 exam and no candidate who does not meet the eligibility criteria will be allowed to apply or appear for the exam.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board of Education or any recognized institution.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India and should be a resident of West Bengal.
- Candidates must be above 17 years of age.
- Candidates belonging to the General category should have secured a minimum of 45% of marks in all the 3 subjects. In the case of SC/ ST/ OBC-A /OBC-B / PwD and other reserved category candidates, they should have secured a minimum of 40% of marks.
- They should have passed the English subject with a minimum of 30% marks.
- Candidates applying for the BTech programs should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any of the subjects among Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Computer Application, or any vocational subjects. They should have scored 45% aggregate in 3 subjects as mentioned and reserved category candidates should have scored 40%. The board qualifying exam has to be recognized by the Central government of India or the state government.
- Candidates who are seeking to get admission to the Marine Engineering course have to be above 17 years and below 25 years of age. Candidates above not falling in the given age range will not be considered for admission.
More details regarding WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria are in the following table.
|Education||Passed 10+2 or equivalent|
|Minimum Marks||45% in all 3 subjects - General 40% in all 3 subjects - SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be minimum of 17 years old|
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
WBJEE Board is offering admissions for candidates who have completed their class XI or equivalent and for candidates who are looking to take admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. All WBJEE 2020 aspirants must go through the syllabus thoroughly in order to gather all the study materials to prepare for the exam well.
The WBJEE Board releases the WBJEE 2020 Syllabus along with their official notification every year. The WBJEE 2020 Exam's question paper will be created based on the WBJEE 2020 Syllabus itself and nothing out of the syllabus is asked. Before candidates start preparing for the WBJEE Exam, they are instructed to go through the entire WBJEE 2020 Syllabus so that they can make their preparation strategy accordingly.
Out of the mentioned WBJEE 2020 Syllabus, some topics are more important than others. Some topics have more weightage than others. Candidates should chalk out a plan by studying the syllabus and follow it in order to do well on the exam. Candidates should study topics of high weightage to score well in the WBJEE 2020 Exam.
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus for WBJEE is similar to the syllabus of physics, chemistry, and mathematics subjects of class XI and class XII. The topics for WBJEE 2020 are mentioned below:
- Physics: Current Electricity, Heat & Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Work Energy Power, Wave Motion, Nuclear Physics, Solids & Semiconductor Devices, Modern Physics - Atomic Models, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion.
- Chemistry: Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Bonding, Transition Elements (d & f block), S-block elements, General Organic Chemistry, p-Block Elements, Redox Reactions, Ionic Equilibrium, Chemical Equilibrium, Coordination Compounds, Carboxylic Acids & Derivatives, Alcohol Phenol Ether, Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Mathematics: Vectors, Probability, Three Dimensional Geometry, Matrices Determinants, Limits, 3-D Geometry, Indefinite Integration, Definite Integration, Sets, Relation & Functions, Theory of Equations, Permutation & Combination, Complex Numbers.
WBJEE 2020 Application Form
Once the application form is released, candidates can visit the official website and start filling the application form. Having said that the application is already released for 2020. The WBJEE 2020 Application process consists of many steps that the candidates must strictly follow. The WBJEE 2020 Application details are given below -
- Application Dates: The application is available from October 18, 2019 and candidates must apply before November 13, 2019.
- Correction Window: As per the official notification there will be no correction window. So candidates must give valid and proper information while filling the form. However, the correction window might be opened after a few days but the information is uncertain.
- Documents Upload: Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph, left thumb impression, and signature as per the dimension mentioned below:
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 100 KB||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Documents required to apply for WBJEE 2020
Various documents and details that candidates should have before applying for WBJEE are as follows:
- Candidate's Name
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Date of Birth and a certificate indicating the same.
- Valid mobile number and email ID.
- Candidate's Address, category, and Aadhar number.
- Income Tax Certificate.
- Class X Certificate/Mark sheet.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (If applicable)
WBJEE 2020 Application Process
WBJEE Board has released the application form on October 18, 2019 on their official website which is www.wbjeeb.in. You have to fill in the various WBJEE 2020 Application Form and have to submit before November 13, 2019. You can read the following sections to get more details about the application form.
How to apply for WBJEE 2020?
Students can read the following steps to know about the application process of WBJEE. And they have to remember that they have to apply before November 13, 2019.
- Registration: The first step of the WBJEE 2020 is the registration process. Find the page of the Application Form on the official website. Enter your Name, Email, and Mobile Number for registration purposes.
- Login: After the candidates have successfully registered, they will need to log in with the Application Number and Password which is sent to the registered Phone Number and Email.
- Fill Online Application Form: After the login credentials have been sent to the candidates, they can fill the online Application Form by entering details such as Examination, Personal, Academic, Contact, and Parents/Guardian.
- Upload of Documents: The candidates must upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph and signature. The documents must be according to the size given as per the instructions.
- Payment of Registration Fee: The payment of the WBJEE 2020 fees is an online process. The registration fee of INR 700 should be paid by the candidate's Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Paytm.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Download the complete WBJEE 2020 application form and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form. This is mandatory and candidates must take out the print out and keep it for future reference.
|Examination Fees||INR 700||INR 500|
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
WBJEE is an offline exam (Pen & Paper-based Test) and the WBJEE Exam Date is February 2, 2020. The question paper will have multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
The question paper of WBJEE has 2 parts, Part I and Part II. The first part is the Mathematics Paper and Second Paper contains Physics and Chemistry. Candidates who are taking engineering and Architecture should attend both parts. And those who are aspiring for Pharmacy courses have the option to take only the first part.
According to WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern, the question paper will be in English and will contain 155 questions and will have a maximum mark of 200. Candidates have to complete the exam is 4 hours and each part will be given 2 hours.
Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers. Since there is negative marking, candidates are advised to answer carefully.
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||Paper 1 - 2 hour, Paper 2 - 2 hours|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 - 100, Paper 2 - 100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Marks for Correct Answers -1/4 Marks for Wrong Answers|
WBJEE 2020 Reference Books
The WBJEE 2020 Exam syllabus is much similar to the Science subjects of class 11 and class 12. Candidates must prepare these for these subjects very well and thoroughly if they wish to qualify for the WBJEE 2020. The reference books are important for all WBJEE 2020 aspirants in order to prepare for the WBJEE exam well.
In order to be thorough with all the preparation materials, aspiring candidates must start with the right books. Some of the books that the candidates must study are -
- Higher Algebra 4th edition by Hall and Knight
- A problem book in Mathematical analysis by G.N Berman
- Objective Mathematics by R.D Sharma
- Objective Physics Volume 1 or 2 by DC Pandey and Arihant Team
- Principles of Physics by Resnick, Halliday, and Walker.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C Mukherjee
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D Lee
For more details on the WBJEE 2020 Reference Books, check WBJEE Reference Books.
WBJEE 2020 Previous Year Question Papers
Along with reference books, previous year question papers are also very important for all WBJEE 2020 aspirants. They help the candidates get a clear idea of the exam and help them prepare better.
The WBJEE 2020 Exam is an entrance test conducted for engineering, pharmacy, and other courses in the state of West Bengal. The WBJEE 2020 Syllabus consists of all the topics from class 11 and 12. It is important to prepare well for the WBJEE 2020 Exam, in order to get a good rank. In addition to using study material like practice guides and reference books, candidates should also make use of WBJEE 2020 Previous Year Question Papers. By doing so, candidates will understand the exam pattern, and they will get to know about the types of questions asked. Candidates will get an idea about the difficulty level of the actual exam. Solving old question papers will help applicants with accuracy at the time of the WBJEE 2020 Exam. Candidates can also solve sample papers and mock tests. Click here to get WBJEE 2020 Previous Year Question Papers and sample papers/mock tests.
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
The WBJEE 2020 Admit card is an important document that contains many important details and without which the candidate shall not be able to sit in the exam hall. The Admit Card was released on the official website on January 24, 2020 and is available for download now. On the Exam Date candidate must carry any government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
If there is any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the authority.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the WBJEE 2020 Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination. The admit card will contain all necessary information like the exam date, exam centre or the exam venue, exam time, the documents to be carried to the examination hall and other regulations.
How to Download WBJEE 2020 Admit Card?
Once the admit card is released by the conducting authority candidates can follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website and click on the icon "Download Admit Card".
- Enter your details like application number, date of birth, and security pin and submit it.
- Now the admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the admit card and go through it once for any discrepancy.
- Take a printout of the WBJEE Admit Card in an A4 size sheet.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Centres
The WBJEE 2020 will be conducted in 23 major cities in the state of West Bengal and 2 centers in the other states. Candidates can choose up to 3 Exam Centre as their choice of location which is convenient for them and close to them. Some of the exam centres are Malda, Garbeta, Kharagpur, Medinipur, Haldia, Contai, Tamluk, North Kolkata, South Kolkata, Central Kolkata, Jalpaiguri, Srirampur, Burdawan, etc. The two other centres in other States are Silchar in the state of Assam and Agartala in the state of Tripura.
The efforts will be made to allocate the city of the exam to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their Application Form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city or nearby area may be allotted.
Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail. The decision of the WBJEE Board regarding allotment of Centre, date & shift shall be final. No further correspondence or request shall be entertained.
Note: Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/ Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
WBJEE 2020 Pre-exam Analysis
The WBJEE(West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam) 2020 is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the West Bengal education board. This exam facilitates candidates who have qualified 10+2 or higher secondary education to step into professional courses such as engineering or technology, pharmacy, and architecture. Eligible candidates across the state of West Bengal can take up the examination.
The WBJEE 2020 Exam is being conducted on the 2nd of February 2020. This is an offline mode i.e; Pen and Paper-based test.
- The test will consist of 2 papers i.e; Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The syllabus for the WBJEE exam is Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology, corresponding to the syllabus/topics covered in 10+2 or higher secondary syllabus.
- There are three categories of questions that are going to be asked concerning these topics.
- Category 1 questions are going to be awarded 1 mark for every correct response, and 1/4th of the allotted marks are going to be deducted for every wrong response.
- Category 2 questions are going to be awarded 2 marks for every correct response and 1/4th of the allotted marks are going to be deducted for every wrong response.
- Category 3 questions are questions that have more than one of the given options as the correct response. These questions will be marked as incorrect if any one of the selected responses is wrong, these questions do not have negative marking.
WBJEE 2020 Paper Analysis
The WBJEE 2020 exam was held on 2nd February 2020 and the paper was conducted in two shifts, i.e; Paper 1 was mathematics and Paper 2 was Physics and Chemistry.
The analysis for the exam is as follows:
Most of the students found the mathematics paper to be lengthy and difficult compared to the previous year. Paper 1 was conducted in the morning (from 11 am to 1 pm) and Paper 2 was conducted in the afternoon (from 2 pm to 4 pm) session. The candidates who appeared for the examination said that the WBJEE 2020 paper followed the JEE mains exam pattern of difficulty of the questions.
Paper 1 - Mathematics:
- The paper was lengthy and difficult when compared to the previous year’s papers.
- A few of the questions were based on concepts and were easy to solve.
- Some questions were application based and were time-consuming.
- The paper consisted of three sections and the number of questions and difficulty level of these sections are as follows.
- The sections are differentiated based on the category of questions that will be appearing in them. (Category 1, 2, or 3)
|Section A||Moderate||50 Questions - 50 Marks|
|Section B||Difficult||15 Questions - 30 Marks|
|Section C||Easy||10 Questions - 20 Marks|
Paper 2 - Physics and Chemistry
- This paper was conducted in the afternoon session on Feb 2nd, 2020.
- The physics section consisted of questions from the JEE mains syllabus and the State board syllabus. Students mentioned that the physics questions were easy.
- The chemistry questions were moderate. All three parts of the syllabus i.e; Organic, Inorganic, and Physical were covered equally in the paper.
- The paper had a total of 80 questions divided into 3 sections based on the category/type of questions.
|Section A||Easy||30 questions each from Physics and Chemistry|
|Section B||Moderate||5 questions each from Physics and Chemistry|
|Section C||Easy||5 questions each from Physics and Chemistry|
WBJEE 2020 Results
The WBJEE 2020 Exam was conducted on February 2, 2020 and the WBJEE 2020 Result was announced on August 7, 2020. After the WBJEE 2020 results have been declared all the shortlisted candidates who have scored the given cut off will be called for the counselling process.
The WBJEE 2020 Results will are based on marks the candidates have scored in the exam. Candidates can check the WBJEE 2020 Result by going to the official website, by entering their user id and password. Candidates will receive their WBJEE Result in the form of a scorecard or a rank card. The scorecard or the rank card of the WBJEE 2020 Exam will contain the marks obtained by the student in the WBJEE 2020 Exam and also their rank in the WBJEE 2020 Exam. After qualifying the WBJEE 2020 Exam, candidates can go for the WBJEE 2020 Counselling.
Along with the WBJEE 2020 Result, authorities will also publish two merit list on the basis of papers in the WBJEE 2020 Exam. One merit list will be GMR i.e. General Merit List and the other will be PMR i.e. Pharmacy Merit List. The GMR will be considered by all the universities and colleges for engineering/technology/architecture degree admission along with pharmacy degree admission at Jadavpur University. The PMR list will be considered for all the degree level pharmacy course admissions in all the colleges and universities. More information about the answer key and merit list can be found below. The candidates whose names appear in the merit lists prepared by the WBJEEB will be able to attend WBJEE 2020 Counselling.
The WBJEE 2020 has been announced in the first week of August.
Answer Key: Once the exams are over, the WBJEE Board releases the answer key after 2 to 3 days. The answer key for WBJEE 2020 has been released. Candidates can download the model WBJEE 2020 answer key from the wbjeeb.nic.in. Candidates must click on the 'WBJEE 2020 Answer Key' and enter the application number, the password, and the security pin after which the answer key shall be displayed on the screen. The candidate can also take a print out of the same.
In case, candidates do not agree with the responses indicated in the answer key, they can submit a challenge against any answer/key with an additional fee of INR 500.
Merit List: Merit List will be prepared based on the candidate's performance in WBJEE 2020. WBJEE Board will release 2 merit lists and they are:
- GMR (General Merit List): Used for admission to Engineering/ Architecture courses and Pharmacy course at Jadavpur University.
- PMR (Pharmacy Merit List): Used for admission to all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University.
Cut-off: If candidates obtain marks equal/above the WBJEE cut-off then candidates who have written both the papers of WBJEE 2020 will secure both GMR and PMR. While candidates appearing only in Paper 2, will get PMR rank only.
Steps to check WBJEE 2020 Result
- Visit the official website of WBJEE. [wbjeeb.nic.in]
- Find an option that says "WBJEE Result" and click on it.
- A login screen will appear where students will have to enter their roll number and registration number.
- After filling the details, click on submit.
- The WBJEE 2020 Result will be displayed.
- Candidates can view the result and download it. The WBJEE 2020 Result should be printed for future reference.
WBJEE 2020 Cut Off
WBJEE Board Cutoff will be released online for each of the programs after the declaration of the WBJEE results. The cutoff score varies each year based on the difficulty level of the paper and the availability of seats as well as the overall performance of the candidates appearing for the examination. The WBJEE 2020 Cut Off depends on the several factors decided by the WBJEED officials which include the number of students who have appeared for the exam, the difficulty level of the exam, and the total number of seats available. The Cut Off will change each year and each institute will have different WBJEE 2020 Cut Off for every course available at that institute. Only those candidates will proceed to the WBJEE 2020 Counselling process who have scored the cut off marks or more.
Find the expected ranks based on the marks scored in the WBJEE exam as per the past year and the 2020 exam analysis.
199 – 188
Ranks < 10
187 – 175
11 – 50
174 – 163
51 – 1000
162 – 150
1001 – 2500
149 – 138
2501 – 4000
137 – 125
4001 – 6000
124 – 100
6001 – 10000
99 – 75
10001 – 16000
74 – 63
16001 – 25000
62 – 50
25001 – 35000
WBJEE 2020 Selection Process
The WBJEE 2020 Selection process includes a few significant stages that each candidate must follow thoroughly. The first stage is the release of the WBJEE 2020 Notification which shall mark the beginning of the application process. The WBJEE 2020 notification shall contain much important information which the candidates must read carefully before filling the application. They must fulfill all the required eligibility criteria and then proceed to fill the WBJEE 2020 application form.
The WBJEE 2020 Application form must be filled very carefully where the candidates must upload all the required documents and must pay the fees. The process can be completed through online or offline mode whichever is available. After the successful completion of the WBJEE 2020 application process, the candidates must then download the admit card. The WBJEE 2020 admit card is another significant stage. The candidates must download the admit card and print it out before the last date.
After the WBJEE 2020 Admit card is released the exam will take place. The candidates must read all the instructions given on the WBJEE 2020 Admit card thoroughly and carry all the required documents to the exam centre along with the admit card.
After the WBJEE 2020 exam completed, the cut off shall be released online on the official website. The candidates who have scored the given cut off marks shall proceed to the WBJEE 2020 Counselling process. This is the last stage where the candidates will be allotted their respective seats.
WBJEE 2020 Counselling
The WBJEE 2020 Round 1 of the counselling process has ended that started from August 12. The WBJEE 2020 Round 2 of the Counselling process has begun on September 11, 2020 and the Round 3 of the WBJEE 2020 Counselling will begin from October 6, 2020. Visit here to check all the Counselling details and the dates for WBJEE 2020 Counselling.
The WBJEE Counselling 2020 started from August 12, 2020 and the various rounds of seat allotment were scheduled to commence in August. Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2020 Examination or have met the cut-off and secured a rank can now participate in the WBJEE 2020 Counselling process. Candidates must mandatorily participate in all the three rounds of the WBJEE 2020 Counselling Process. The WBJEE 2020 Counselling shall be conducted online. The candidates who have successfully secured a rank in the JEE Mains 2020 Exam can also participate in one round of Counselling by paying a fee of INR 500.
All essential details about the WBJEE 2020 have been given below.
WBJEE Counselling is an online process for which candidates must not pay any amount of fee to participate in the multiple rounds of the process. The process will provide the candidates all the details and information regarding the different institutes along with all the available courses, the candidates must choose the institute and the course they want to take admission in. There will be a total of three rounds of counselling in which there will be separate rounds for candidates qualifying through JEE Main and WBJEE. After the process of counselling where seats are allotted to candidates as per their merit and course choice, the next round or step for document verification will commence.
Candidates will be required to carry certain documents with them at the time of WBJEE 2020 Counselling. Original documents and attested copies of these original documents are required at the WBJEE 2020 Counselling for the final confirmation of seats. Following are documents which a candidate must carry to the WBJEE 2020 Counselling,
- Class 10 and Class 12 Marksheet
- Class 10 and Class 12 Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character certificate [Medical Fitness Certificate/Undertaking]
- Income Certificate [If applicable]
- Category Certificate [If applicable]
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
The WBJEE 2020 Counselling involves the following steps:
- Registration: Once the result is declared, candidates who have qualified will have to register themselves on the official website of the WBJEE 2020 Exam, so that they can take part in the WBJEE 2020 Counselling.
- Choice Locking: After registering and paying the counselling fees, candidates will be able to select colleges and courses according to their preferences.
- Seat Allotment: The seat allotment will be done for candidates who have filled the choices for colleges and courses. The seats will be assigned to the candidate according to the preference given by the candidate and availability of the seat.
- Document Verification and Reporting to the College: After the seat allotment takes place, candidates who have been given the seats will have to report at the counselling centres for the document verification. Candidates will receive a provisional allotment letter at the time of WBJEE 2020 Counselling.
The availability of the seats in various colleges/ universities will be published before the counselling by the competent authorities.
Check WBJEE Colleges here
WBJEE 2020 Preparation Tips
The WBJEE 2020 Preparation Tips are as follows-
- Aspirants of WBJEE 2020 must firs properly learn the syllabus.
- Candidates must prepare a time-table and stick to it. The candidates must revise every week or so in order to develop better memory skills and to remember every topic they have studied.
- If in case candidates have doubts, they must seek professional help to clear those doubts.
- The candidates must also focus on time management and accuracy; they must remember how to move forward to the exam with these hand in hand.
- The candidates must also most importantly practice sample papers and previous year question papers in order to get a clear idea of the exam.
- The last point the candidates must remember if they want to clear the WBJEE 2020 exam is that they must avoid studying any new topics at the last moment and must start preparing months before the exam.
WBJEE 2020 News
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card is released on the official website, candidates can download it by entering their application number and date of birth.
Check Other important details below:
WBJEE Contact Details
In case of any doubts or queries, candidates are advised to contact the exam authorities. The contact details of the WBJEE exam authorities are given below.
Address: AQ 13/1, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 91
Phone Numbers: 033-23671149/23671159/23671199
Toll-Free Number: 1800 102 3781