What is WBJEE?
The full form of WBJEE is West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. WBJEE Board conducts WBJEE exam for admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. It is a state level exam, candidates across West Bengal take WBJEE exam to get admission into these courses.
For Engineering, you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects. And, for Pharmacy you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
Mode & Date: WBJEE Board will conduct WBJEE 2019 as a Pen and Paper test (i.e. offline test) on 26th May 2019.
Payment: The application fee can be paid either in online mode (Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card) or offline mode (using Allahabad Bank e-challan) with Core Banking Services.
Placement: Through WBJEE exam one can get admission into undergraduate/Bachelors degree programmes. More than hundreds of colleges in the state of West Bengal are offering courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture.
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE Board)|
|Courses Offered||Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Exam Date||26th May 2019|
|Duration||Paper 1- 120 minutes and Paper 2- 120 minutes|
|Helpline Number||1800-102-3781 (Toll-Free),
033- 23671149/ 23671159
- What is WBJEE?
- WBJEE Exam Date
- WBJEE Eligibility
- WBJEE Syllabus
- WBJEE Registration
- WBJEE Exam Pattern
- WBJEE Admit Card
- WBJEE Exam Centres
- WBJEE Results
- WBJEE Counselling
- WBJEE FAQs
- WBJEE 2019 News
- Related Exams
WBJEE Exam Date
Candidates who are willing to take WBJEE can apply for it from 26th December 2018. WBJEE Application Form will be available on the WBJEE official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on 22nd January 2019.
If candidates have made any mistakes in the application form then the WBJEE Board will give a correction window for candidates. The correction window will be available for the candidates to change any particulars or to change any mistakes in the Application Form.
Admit Card: WBJEE Board will release Admit Card on 14th May 2019. Candidates who have successfully completed the application process can visit the website and download the Admit Card.
Examination: WBJEE 2019 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT). And WBJEE Exam Date is 26th May 2019.
Results: WBJEE Board will declare the results on the official website on 2nd July 2019.
Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2019 will be called for the counselling process which will be held on 18th July 2019.
Various tentative important dates for WBJEE 2019 is given in the following table.
|Important Events to WBJEE 2019||Dates (tentative)|
|Application Form Start Date||26th December 2018|
|Last Date to apply for WBJEE||22nd January 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||14th May 2019|
|WBJEE 2019 Date||26th May 2019|
|Results Announcement||2nd July 2019|
Note: These dates are tentative, once the dates are officially announced, it will be updated.
Candidates willing to apply for WBJEE 2019 for admissions in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Architecture courses must fulfil the Eligibility Criteria as set by WBJEE Board.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board of Education.
- Applicant must be a citizen of India and should be a resident of West Bengal.
- Candidates must be above 17 years of age.
- Candidates should have secured minimum 45% of marks in all the 3 subjects. In case of SC/ ST/ OBC-A /OBC-B / PwD candidates, they should have secured a minimum of 40% of marks.
- They should have passed the English subject with a minimum of 30% marks.
More details regarding WBJEE Eligibility Criteria are in the following table.
|Education||Passed 10+2 or equivalent|
|Minimum Marks||45% in all 3 subjects - General 40% in all 3 subjects - SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be minimum of 17 years old|
WBJEE Board is offering admissions for candidates who have completed their class XI or equivalent and for candidates who are looking to take admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture.
WBJEE Syllabus for WBJEE is similar to the syllabus of physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects of class XI and class XII. The topics for WBJEE 2019 are mentioned below:
- Physics: Current Electricity, Heat & Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Work Energy Power, Wave Motion, Nuclear Physics, Solids & Semiconductor Devices, Modern Physics - Atomic Models, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion.
- Chemistry: Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Bonding, Transition Elements (d & f block), S-block elements, General Organic Chemistry, p-Block Elements, Redox Reactions, Ionic Equilibrium, Chemical Equilibrium, Coordination Compounds, Carboxylic Acids & Derivatives, Alcohol Phenol Ether, Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Mathematics: Vectors, Probability, Three Dimensional Geometry, Matrices Determinants, Limits, 3-D Geometry, Indefinite Integration, Definite Integration, Sets, Relation & Functions, Theory of Equations, Permutation & Combination, Complex Numbers.
WBJEE Board will release the application form on 26th December 2018 (tentative) on their official website which is www.wbjeeb.in. You have to fill in the various WBJEE Application Form Details and have to submit before 22nd January 2019 (tentative). You can read the following sections to get more details about the application form.
How to apply for WBJEE?
Students can read the following steps to know about the application process of WBJEE. And they have to remember that they have to apply before 22nd January 2019 (tentative).
- Registration: Find the page of the Application Form on the official website. Enter the Name, Email, and Mobile Number for registration purpose.
- Login: Login with the Application Number and Password which is sent to the registered Phone Number and Email.
- Fill Online Application Form: Candidates can fill the online Application Form by entering details such as Examination, Personal, Academic, Contact, and Parents/Guardian.
- Upload of Documents: Candidates must upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph and signature.
- Payment of Registration Fee: The registration fee of INR 500 should be paid by the candidates Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Paytm or in cash (through e-challan at Allahabad Bank of India Branches only).
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form.
|Examination Fees||INR 500/-||INR 500/-|
WBJEE Application Form Details
Once the application form is released, candidates can visit the official website and start filling the application form. Some of the important details which the candidate should know are given below:
- Application Dates: The application will be available from 26th December 2018 and candidates will have to apply before 22nd January 2019.
- Correction Window: If candidates have made any mistakes then there is correction window available for the candidates. Candidates can correct the info from 23rd January 2019 to 25th January 2019.
- Registration Fee: WBJEE Registration fee is INR 500 and candidates can pay the fee through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Paytm or in cash using Allahabad Bank e-challan.
- Documents Upload: Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph, left thumb impression and signature as per dimension mentioned below:
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 100 KB||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Documents required to apply for WBJEE
Various documents and details that candidates should have before applying for WBJEE are as follows:
- Candidate's Name
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Date of Birth and a certificate indicating the same.
- Valid mobile number and email ID.
- Candidate's Address, category and aadhar number.
- Income Tax Certificate.
- Class X Certificate/Mark sheet.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (If applicable)
WBJEE Exam Pattern
WBJEE is an offline exam (Pen & Paper-based Test) and WBJEE Exam Date is 26th May 2019. The question paper will have multiple choice questions (MCQs).
The question paper of WBJEE has 2 parts, Part I and Part II. The first part is the Mathematics Paper and Second Paper contains Physics and Chemistry. Candidates who are taking engineering and Architecture should attend both parts. And those who are aspiring for Pharmacy courses have the option to take only first part.
According to WBJEE Exam Pattern, the question paper will be in English and will contain 155 questions and will have a maximum mark of 200. Candidates have to complete the exam in 4 hours and each part will be given 2 hours.
Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers. Since there is negative marking, candidates are advised to answer carefully.
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||Paper 1 - 2 hour, Paper 2 - 2 hours|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 - 100, Paper 2 - 100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Marks for Correct Answers -1/4 Marks for Wrong Answers|
WBJEE Admit Card
The Admit Card will be released by the WBJEE online on the official website on 14th May 2019 (tentative). On the Exam Date candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
If there is any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the authority.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the WBJEE Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
How to Download WBJEE Admit Card?
Once the admit card is released by the conducting authority candidates can follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website and click on the icon "Download Admit Card".
- Enter your details like application number, date of birth and security pin and submit it.
- Now the admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the admit card and go through it once for any discrepancy.
- Take a printout of WBJEE Admit Card in an A4 size sheet.
WBJEE Exam Centres
The WBJEE will be conducted in 23 major cities in the state of West Bengal and 2 centres in the other states. Candidates can choose up to 3 Exam Centre as there choice of location which is convenient for them and close to them.
The efforts will be made to allocate city of the exam to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their Application Form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city or nearby area may be allotted.
Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail. The decision of the WBJEE Board regarding allotment of Centre, date & shift shall be final. No further correspondence or request shall be entertained.
Note: Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/ Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
Results will be declared on the official website on 2nd July 2019, WBJEE Results will be based on marks the candidates have scored in the exam.
Answer Key: Once the exams are over, WBJEE Board will release Answer Key after 2 to 3 days. Candidates can download model WBJEE answer key from the wbjeeb.nic.in. In case, candidates do not agree with the responses indicated in the answer key, they can submit a challenge against any answer/key with an additional fee of INR 500.
Merit List: Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidate's performance in WBJEE 2019. WBJEE Board will release 2 merit lists and they are:
- GMR (General Merit List): Used for admission to Engineering/ Architecture courses and Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University.
- PMR (Pharmacy Merit List): Used for admission to all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University.
Cut-off: If candidates obtain marks equal/above the WBJEE cut-off then candidates who have written both the papers of WBJEE 2019 will secure both GMR and PMR. While candidates appearing only in Paper 2, will get PMR rank only.
Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2019 will be called for the counselling process. WBJEE Counselling will be held on 18th July 2019.
The WBJEE Counselling involves the following steps:
- Choice Locking,
- Seat Allotment,
- Document Verification and Reporting to the College.
The availability of the seats in various college/ universities will be published before the counselling by the competent authorities.
Q: Can my application form be submitted offline?
Ans. No, there is no option of offline submission of the application form. The application process for WBJEE 2019 is completely online.
Q: Is the WBJEE 2019 Application Fee refundable?
Ans. No, the application fee is not refundable under any circumstance.
Q: Can I correct wrongly entered information in my WBJEE 2019 Application Form?
Ans. Yes, you may correct wrongly entered information on your WBJEE 2019 Application Form. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board (WBJEEB) provides a 'Correction Facility' window period. However, information such as Name, Father's/Mother's Name, Date of Birth, and Gender cannot be corrected.
Q: Is there an upper age limit while applying for WBJEE 2019?
Ans. No, there is no age upper age limit set by the WBJEEB. However, students aspiring to apply for Marine Engineering courses must be 25 years of age or older.
Q: What is a Domicile Certificate? And when is the last date for submitting the Domicile Certificate for WBJEE 2019?
Ans. A Domicile Certificate certifies that the bearer is a resident of a State/UT. A Domicile Certificate must be submitted for WBJEE 2019 stating that the candidate has been a resident of West Bengal for 10 years or more as on 31st December 2019. Hence the domicile certificate for WBJEE 2019 must be issued on December 31st 2019 or later.
Q: What are the mandatory documents required for filling out the WBJEE 2019 Application Form?
Ans. Scanned copies of candidate's photograph and signature are required during the time of uploading WBJEE 2019 Application Form, failing which the application will not be accepted.
Q: Should I provide an income certificate while applying for WBJEE 2019? If yes, when should it be issued?
Ans. Yes, an income certificate for the financial year 2018-19 needs to be provided while applying for WBJEE 2019. This certificate must not be issued earlier than 31st March 2019.
Q: I am a PwD Category student. For WBJEE 2019 what is the considered percentage of disability?
Ans. The usual percentage of PwD considered for the exam is between 40% to 70%
Q: I have re-uploaded my photograph and signature for the WBJEE exam. It says 'Admin Approval Required' what does that indicate?
Ans. Once photograph and signature are re-uploaded, it takes the Board 3 days time to approve the new images. During which time, the candidate gets an alert message- 'Admin Approval Required' at the time of login.
Q: I forgot to download the Confirmation Page for WBJEE. Is it possible to get a duplicate of the confirmation page?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to get a duplicate of the confirmation page. Candidate's need to apply to the Board and pay INR 500 as a processing fee by means of a demand draft in the name of 'West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board' payable in Calcutta.
Q: I have forgotten the password I created for my WBJEE Application. Are there any ways to retrieve the password?
Ans. The only way to log in would be to click on the 'Forgot Password' link provided either retain or create a new password for your WBJEE Application.
Q: What are the documents that must be carried by the candidate on the exam day?
Ans. A candidate must carry the following documents that are listed below to enter the exam centre.
- WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
- Two copies of color photograph (uploaded during online application)
- The original copy of a valid government ID
Q: When can the candidates download the admit card of WBJEE?
Ans. Candidates can download the admit card on the official website from 14th May 2019 (tentative) onwards.
Q: What if the candidate lost the admit card and unable to download it? What should the candidate do?
Ans. It is important for the candidates to immediately save the admit card once it has been issued. It is advisable that the candidates take a few copies of the admit card and kept safely. If the candidate has lost the admit card and unable to download it, he/she can generate a duplicate admit card only till April 22, 2019. The candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a demand draft in the name of "West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board" payable in Kolkata.
Q: Is there a possibility that the exam centre can be changed once the admit cards are issued?
Ans. No, it is not possible to change the Exam Centre once the admit cards have been issued.
Q: I am not able to download WBJEE Admit Card 2019. What should I do?
Ans. Listed below are the probable reasons to why you are unable to download your document:
- Low internet speed
- If the application form is incomplete
- Entering incorrect credentials
Q: Will the admit card of WBJEE 2019 be delivered personally to our addresses?
Ans. No, mode of availability of WBJEE 2019 Admit Cards is only online. The document will not be delivered personally to your address.
Q: Is there any provision to download a duplicate copy of the hall ticket?
Ans. Yes, you can generate WBJEE Admit Card’s duplicate, in case you lost it or defaced it, but only till the date of examination, i.e. April 22, 2019. After that, if you request for a duplicate admit card, the board will issue it, but it will be chargeable.
Q: What is the fee for a duplicate admit card after the examination?
Ans. Requesting a duplicate admit card, after WBJEE Exam, will cost you INR 500. The fee has to be remitted by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board” payable at Kolkata. So be careful, with your WBJEE Admit Card.
Q: How can I locate or find directions to the examination hall of WBJEE 2019?
Ans. The admit card will have the exam address of the exam centre of WBJEE 2019.
Q: What can I do if there are any incorrect details in the admit card?
Ans. Candidates are supposed to check all the details carefully once the admit card is released. In case of any discrepancy, the candidates are supposed to report it to the official authority, WBJEE and get it resolved.
Q: If the board has issued a correct admit card, which WBJEE 2019 Admit Card should I bring to the exam centre?
Ans. It is advisable that the candidate, who got their respective admit cards corrected for whatever reason may be, brings both of the admit cards to the exam centre on the day of the exam.
WBJEE 2019 News
- WBJEE 2019 Admit Card is released on the official website, candidates can download it by entering their application number and date of birth.