WBJEE is a state-level entrance test that is conducted in West Bengal. Every year more than 4 lakh students participate in the exam. It is an exam meant for students who aspire to pursue Engineering, Technology, Architecture, and Pharmacy courses.
***WBJEE 2020 Answer Key Released!!!***
- What is WBJEE Exam?
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Date
- WBJEE 2020 Eligibility
- WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
- WBJEE 2020 Registration
- WBJEE 2020 Application Form
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Centres
- WBJEE 2020 Pre-Exam Analysis
- WBJEE 2020 Exam Analysis
- WBJEE Results 2020
- WBJEE Counselling & Colleges
- WBJEE Related Exams
What is WBJEE?
The full form of WBJEE is West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination. West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board conducts the WBJEE exam for admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture. It is a state-level exam, candidates across West Bengal take WBJEE exam to get admission into these courses.
For Engineering, you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects. And, for Pharmacy you should have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Chemistry along with any one of Mathematics / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects.
Placement: Through the WBJEE exam one can get admission into undergraduate/Bachelors's degree programs. More than hundreds of colleges in the state of West Bengal are offering courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture.
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEE Board)|
|Courses Offered||Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Exam Date||February 2, 2020|
|Duration||Paper 1: 120 minutes and Paper 2: 120 minutes|
|WBJEE Helpline Number 2020||1800-102-3781 (Toll-Free),
033- 23671149/ 23671159
WBJEE 2020 Exam Date
Candidates who are willing to take WBJEE can apply for it from October 18, 2019. WBJEE Application Form is available on the WBJEE official website i.e. www.wbjeeb.in and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on November 13, 2019.
WBJEE Board has released the Admit Card on January 24, 2020. Candidates who have completed the application process can visit the website and download the Admit Card. WBJEE 2020 will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT). And WBJEE Exam Date is on February 2, 2020.
WBJEE Board will declare the results on the official website on June 10, 2020 (tentative). Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2020 will be called for the counselling process which will be held on July 18, 2020 (tentative).
|Important Events of WBJEE 2020||Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||October 18, 2019|
|Last Date to apply for WBJEE||November 13, 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||January 24, 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Date||February 2, 2020|
|WBJEE 2020 Result Date||June 10, 2020 (tentative)|
Note: The dates which are mentioned as tentative will be announced officially later. Other dates are officially announced.
WBJEE 2020 Eligibility
Candidates willing to apply for WBJEE 2020 for admissions in Engineering, Pharmacy, and Architecture courses must fulfill the criteria of eligibility for WBJEE as set by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam Board.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized Board of Education.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India and should be a resident of West Bengal.
- Candidates must be above 17 years of age.
- Candidates should have secured a minimum of 45% of marks in all the 3 subjects. In the case of SC/ ST/ OBC-A /OBC-B / PwD candidates, they should have secured a minimum of 40% of marks.
- They should have passed the English subject with a minimum of 30% marks.
More details regarding WBJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria are in the following table.
|Education||Passed 10+2 or equivalent|
|Minimum Marks||45% in all 3 subjects - General 40% in all 3 subjects - SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD|
|Age Limit||Candidate should be minimum of 17 years old|
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus
WBJEE Board is offering admissions for candidates who have completed their class XI or equivalent and for candidates who are looking to take admission into professional courses like Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture.
WBJEE 2020 Syllabus for WBJEE is similar to the syllabus of physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects of class XI and class XII. The topics for WBJEE 2020 are mentioned below:
- Physics: Current Electricity, Heat & Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism, Work Energy Power, Wave Motion, Nuclear Physics, Solids & Semiconductor Devices, Modern Physics - Atomic Models, Laws of Motion, Rotational Motion.
- Chemistry: Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Bonding, Transition Elements (d & f block), S-block elements, General Organic Chemistry, p-Block Elements, Redox Reactions, Ionic Equilibrium, Chemical Equilibrium, Coordination Compounds, Carboxylic Acids & Derivatives, Alcohol Phenol Ether, Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Mathematics: Vectors, Probability, Three Dimensional Geometry, Matrices Determinants, Limits, 3-D Geometry, Indefinite Integration, Definite Integration, Sets, Relation & Functions, Theory of Equations, Permutation & Combination, Complex Numbers.
WBJEE 2020 Registration
WBJEE Board has released the application form on October 18, 2019 on their official website which is www.wbjeeb.in. You have to fill in the various WBJEE 2020 Application Form and have to submit before November 13, 2019. You can read the following sections to get more details about the application form.
How to apply for WBJEE 2020?
Students can read the following steps to know about the application process of WBJEE. And they have to remember that they have to apply before November 13, 2019.
- Registration: Find the page of the Application Form on the official website. Enter your Name, Email, and Mobile Number for registration purposes.
- Login: Login with the Application Number and Password which is sent to the registered Phone Number and Email.
- Fill Online Application Form: Candidates can fill the online Application Form by entering details such as Examination, Personal, Academic, Contact, and Parents/Guardian.
- Upload of Documents: Candidates must upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph and signature.
- Payment of Registration Fee: The registration fee of INR 700 should be paid by the candidate's Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Paytm.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form.
|Examination Fees||INR 700/-||INR 500/-|
WBJEE 2020 Application Form Details
Once the application form is released, candidates can visit the official website and start filling the application form. Having said that the application is already released for 2020. Some of the important details which the candidate should know are given below:
- Application Dates: The application is available from October 18, 2019 and candidates must apply before November 13, 2019.
- Correction Window: As per the official notification there will be no correction window. So candidates must give valid and proper information while filling the form. However, the correction window might be opened after a few days but the information is uncertain.
- Documents Upload: Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph, left thumb impression, and signature as per dimension mentioned below:
|Photograph||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 100 KB||4 cm X 3 cm|
|Signature||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
|Left-Hand Thumb Impression||jpeg/jpg||3 KB to 30 KB||4 cm X 1.5 cm|
Documents required to apply for WBJEE 2020
Various documents and details that candidates should have before applying for WBJEE are as follows:
- Candidate's Name
- Father's Name
- Mother's Name
- Date of Birth and a certificate indicating the same.
- Valid mobile number and email ID.
- Candidate's Address, category, and aadhar number.
- Income Tax Certificate.
- Class X Certificate/Mark sheet.
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (If applicable)
WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
WBJEE is an offline exam (Pen & Paper-based Test) and the WBJEE Exam Date is February 2, 2020. The question paper will have multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
The question paper of WBJEE has 2 parts, Part I and Part II. The first part is the Mathematics Paper and Second Paper contains Physics and Chemistry. Candidates who are taking engineering and Architecture should attend both parts. And those who are aspiring for Pharmacy courses have the option to take only the first part.
According to WBJEE 2020 Exam Pattern, the question paper will be in English and will contain 155 questions and will have a maximum mark of 200. Candidates have to complete the exam is 4 hours and each part will be given 2 hours.
Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.25 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers. Since there is negative marking, candidates are advised to answer carefully.
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Duration||Paper 1 - 2 hour, Paper 2 - 2 hours|
|Total Marks||Paper 1 - 100, Paper 2 - 100|
|Marking Scheme||+1 Marks for Correct Answers -1/4 Marks for Wrong Answers|
WBJEE 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card was released on the official website on January 24, 2020 and is available for download now. On the Exam Date candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
If there is any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page, the candidate may immediately approach the authority.
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the WBJEE 2020 Admit Card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
How to Download WBJEE 2020 Admit Card?
Once the admit card is released by the conducting authority candidates can follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Visit the official website and click on the icon "Download Admit Card".
- Enter your details like application number, date of birth, and security pin and submit it.
- Now the admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the admit card and go through it once for any discrepancy.
- Take a printout of the WBJEE Admit Card in an A4 size sheet.
WBJEE 2020 Exam Centres
The WBJEE will be conducted in 23 major cities in the state of West Bengal and 2 centres in the other states. Candidates can choose up to 3 Exam Centre as their choice of location which is convenient for them and close to them.
The efforts will be made to allocate the city of the exam to the candidates in order of the choice opted by them in their Application Form. However, due to administrative reasons, a different city or nearby area may be allotted.
Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail. The decision of the WBJEE Board regarding allotment of Centre, date & shift shall be final. No further correspondence or request shall be entertained.
Note: Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with Hall Ticket/ Admit Card to the Exam Centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
WBJEE 2020 Pre-exam Analysis
The WBJEE(West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam) 2020 is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the West Bengal education board. This exam facilitates candidates who have qualified 10+2 or higher secondary education to step into professional courses such as engineering or technology, pharmacy, and architecture. Eligible candidates across the state of West Bengal can take up the examination.
The WBJEE 2020 Exam is being conducted on the 2nd of February 2020. This is an offline mode i.e; Pen and Paper-based test.
- The test will consist of 2 papers i.e; Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- The syllabus for the WBJEE exam is Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology, corresponding to the syllabus/topics covered in 10+2 or higher secondary syllabus.
- There are three categories of questions that are going to be asked concerning these topics.
- Category 1 questions are going to be awarded 1 mark for every correct response, and 1/4th of the allotted marks are going to be deducted for every wrong response.
- Category 2 questions are going to be awarded 2 marks for every correct response and 1/4th of the allotted marks are going to be deducted for every wrong response.
- Category 3 questions are questions that have more than one of the given options as the correct response. These questions will be marked as incorrect if any one of the selected responses is wrong, these questions do not have negative marking.
WBJEE 2020 Paper Analysis
The WBJEE 2020 exam was held on 2nd February 2020 and the paper was conducted in two shifts, i.e; Paper 1 was mathematics and Paper 2 was Physics and Chemistry.
The analysis for the exam is as follows:
Most of the students found the mathematics paper to be lengthy and difficult compared to the previous year. Paper 1 was conducted in the morning and Paper 2 was conducted in the afternoon session. The candidates who appeared for the examination said that the WBJEE 2020 paper followed the JEE mains exam pattern of difficulty of the questions.
Paper 1 - Mathematics:
- The paper was lengthy and difficult when compared to the previous year’s papers.
- A few of the questions were based on concepts and were easy to solve.
- Some questions were application based and were time-consuming.
- The paper consisted of three sections and the number of questions and difficulty level of these sections are as follows.
- The sections are differentiated based on the category of questions that will be appearing in them. (Category 1, 2, or 3)
|Section A||Moderate||50 Questions - 50 Marks|
|Section B||Difficult||15 Questions - 30 Marks|
|Section C||Easy||10 Questions - 20 Marks|
Paper 2 - Physics and Chemistry
- This paper was conducted in the afternoon session on Feb 2nd, 2020.
- The physics section consisted of questions from the JEE mains syllabus and the State board syllabus. Students mentioned that the physics questions were easy.
- The chemistry questions were moderate. All three parts of the syllabus i.e; Organic, Inorganic, and Physical were covered equally in the paper.
- The paper had a total of 80 questions divided into 3 sections based on the category/type of questions.
|Section A||Easy||30 questions each from Physics and Chemistry|
|Section B||Moderate||5 questions each from Physics and Chemistry|
|Section C||Easy||5 questions each from Physics and Chemistry|
WBJEE 2020 Results
Results will be declared on the official website on June 10, 2020, WBJEE 2020 Results will be based on marks the candidates have scored in the exam.
Answer Key: Once the exams are over, the WBJEE Board will release Answer Key after 2 to 3 days. Candidates can download the model WBJEE answer key from the wbjeeb.nic.in. In case, candidates do not agree with the responses indicated in the answer key, they can submit a challenge against any answer/key with an additional fee of INR 500.
Merit List: Merit List will be prepared based on the candidate's performance in WBJEE 2020. WBJEE Board will release 2 merit lists and they are:
- GMR (General Merit List): Used for admission to Engineering/ Architecture courses and Pharmacy course at Jadavpur University.
- PMR (Pharmacy Merit List): Used for admission to all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University.
Cut-off: If candidates obtain marks equal/above the WBJEE cut-off then candidates who have written both the papers of WBJEE 2020 will secure both GMR and PMR. While candidates appearing only in Paper 2, will get PMR rank only.
WBJEE 2020 Cut off
WBJEE Board Cutoff will be released online for each of the programs after the declaration of the WBJEE results. The cutoff score varies each year based on the difficulty level of the paper and the availability of seats as well as the overall performance of the candidates appearing for the examination. Find the expected ranks based on the marks scored in the WBJEE exam as per the past year and the 2020 exam analysis.
199 – 188
Ranks < 10
187 – 175
11 – 50
174 – 163
51 – 1000
162 – 150
1001 – 2500
149 – 138
2501 – 4000
137 – 125
4001 – 6000
124 – 100
6001 – 10000
99 – 75
10001 – 16000
74 – 63
16001 – 25000
62 – 50
25001 – 35000
WBJEE 2020 Counselling
Candidates who have cleared the WBJEE 2020 will be called for the counseling process. WBJEE 2020 Counselling will be held on July 18, 2020.
The WBJEE Counselling involves the following steps:
- Choice Locking,
- Seat Allotment,
- Document Verification and Reporting to the College.
The availability of the seats in various colleges/ universities will be published before the counseling by the competent authorities.
Check WBJEE Colleges here
WBJEE 2020 News
- WBJEE 2020 Admit Card is released on the official website, candidates can download it by entering their application number and date of birth.
Check Other important details below: