Get admission into SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) and it's various campuses across India with the help of NPAT 2021. The exam allows the admission of the candidates into the courses of Undergraduate and Integrated graduate level. Want to know how to crack the exam? Follow the preparation tips given below.
- February 16, 2021: Registrations for NMIMS NPAT has started today. For more details visit NPAT 2021 Application form details.
- What is NPAT 2021 Exam?
- NPAT Courses Offered
- NPAT 2021 Participating Institutes
- NPAT 2021 Exam Date
- NPAT 2021 Eligibility
- NPAT 2021 Syllabus
- How to Prepare for NPAT 2021?
- NPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- How to Apply for NPAT?
- NPAT 2021 Application Form
- NPAT 2021 Admit Card
- NPAT 2021 Exam Centres
- NPAT 2021 Result
- NPAT 2021 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is NPAT Exam?
NPAT full form is NMIMS Programs after Twelfth (NPAT) is a National-level selection test for aspirants looking for admission into Undergraduate Courses and Integrated Degree Programs in Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS). The NMIMS offers undergraduate programs like BCom[Hons], BSc Economics, BSc Finance, BBA, BTech, BA[Hons] Liberal Arts, BDes, etc, and also offers Integrated programs like BTech + MBA [Tech] or BPharm + MBA [Pharm Tech]. For every course, the date of admission/counselling will be different, so candidates are advised to keep track of updates on this page.
|Exam Name||NMIMS Programs After Twelfth|
|Conducting Body||Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Duration||100 minutes|
|Number of Questions||120 questions|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Integrated Graduate|
|Exam Date||May 15, 2021 and May 16, 2021 (Expected)|
Technical Helpline - 1800 266 7079
Program-Related Queries - 1800 102 5138
The NPAT examination is the official entrance test for courses offered by constituent schools of SVKM's Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (Deemed to be University) at Mumbai, Shirpur, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Indore, Dhule, and Navi Mumbai campuses. NMIMS is a standout institute considered amongst the best colleges in India and gives different subject alternatives to the competitors.
UG Courses: The Undergraduate courses offered through NPAT 2021 exam are:
- B.Tech, B.Com (Hons.)
- BBA, B.Des (Humanising Technology)
- B.Sc (Finance)
- B.Sc (Economics) and
- BA (Hons.) in Liberal Arts.
- BBA Branding & Advertising
Integrated Courses: MBA Tech (B.Tech + MBA Tech) and B.Pharm + MBA (Pharma. Tech).
Seats: Around 3565 seats are accessible for aspirants looking for admission in the undergrad program and 850 seats in the Integrated program through the NPAT Exam.
Syllabus and Pattern: The syllabus and pattern for the NPAT examination are based on the 10+2 subjects. NPAT exam pattern is different for Engineering and Non-Engineering programs.
Age Limit: Applicants Exceeding 25 years of age are not qualified for applying for the Exam.
NMIMS NPAT 2021 Exam Date: The exam will be conducted on dates May 15, 2021 and May 16, 2021.
NMIMS Registration 2021: NPAT 2021 Application form will be available on the official website and candidates can apply till Apr 19, 2021. Applicants who had passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from Open or Distance learning (ODL) are also eligible to apply, provided that the school has been approved by the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
NPAT 2021 Courses Offered
The NPAT 2021 offers both the undergraduate and integrated degree programs for the candidates. The following table consists of the list of various courses offered under NMIMS NPAT.
|Undergraduate Degree Programmes||B.Tech|
|BBA Branding & Advertising|
|B.Des (Humanising Technology)|
|B.A (Hons.) Liberal Arts|
|Integrated Degree Programmes||MBA Tech (B.Tech + MBA Tech)|
|MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharma + MBA)|
NPAT 2021 Participating Institutes
The institutes participating under the NPAT 2021 Exam are compiled in the table below:
|NMIMS School of Design|
|Shobhaben Pratapbhai Patel School of Pharmacy and Technology Management (SPPSPTM)|
|Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce (ASSOC)|
|Sarla Anil Modi School of Economics (SAMSOE)|
|Mukesh Patel School of Technology Management &Engineering (MPSTME)|
|Jyoti Dalal School of Liberal Arts (JDSoLA)|
|School of Branding & Advertising|
NPAT 2021 Exam Dates
The official dates of the NPAT are yet to be released by the conducting authority. Follow the dates so that you wouldn't miss out on any of the important events.
- NPAT Registration: The registration will start from Feb 16, 2021 (tentative) and the last date is Apr 19, 2021.
- NPAT Admit Card: The admit card will be released on May 6, 2021 (expectedly).
- NPAT Exam Date: The exam will be held for 2 days on May 15, 2021 and May 16, 2021. It will be conducted in online mode.
The NPAT 2021 Exam Dates are listed in the table below:
|Important Events||Dates (tentative)|
|NPAT Application Form Start Date||February 16, 2021|
|NPAT Application Form Finish Date||To be announced|
|Admit Card Download Download Date||To be announced|
|NPAT 2021 Exam Dates||May 15, 2021 to May 16, 2021 (Expected)|
|NPAT Results||Jun 1, 2021 (Expected)|
|NPAT Counselling||To be announced|
NPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
For a candidate to be eligible to take the exam, they should satisfy the following criteria:
- Age Criteria: The age limit for the candidates is 25 years.
- IB Certificate holders are not eligible for the exam. Candidates can submit IB diploma,but it should be awarded by a recognized Institute.
- Qualification: NPAT 2021 Eligibility includes the candidates should be completed or pursuing a 10+2 examination with English as a compulsory subject & secure at least 50% marks in PCM. A candidate needs to pass the qualifying exam in one attempt.
|B.Tech and MBA Tech||Candidates should have passed XII in PCM with a minimum percentage of 50%|
|The contestant with IB Diploma is eligible only if he/she has offered Mathematics at a higher level.|
|Candidates who have passed Diploma in Engineering with a minimum of 50% are also eligible to apply.|
|Candidates appearing for class 12th examination can also apply|
|MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharma + MBA)||Applicant must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam plus Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) or Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a required subject|
|Candidate must have scored at least 50% marks in PCM/PCB to be eligible to apply for NPAT 2021|
|B.Sc Economics||A contender must have passed the higher secondary or equivalent exam with minimum 60% marks the first attempt including Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma in any stream|
|They are required to have Mathematics as a subject in Class XII examination|
|BBA / B.Sc Finance/ B.Com (Hons.)||A candidate must have passed 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first attempt including Indian Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma|
|Candidates must have passed Mathematics/ Statistics subject in HSC or equivalent to be eligible to apply for NPAT 2021.|
NPAT 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for the examination varies from streams to stream. The level of the syllabus is 10+2 for each paper.
Sections: The NPAT 2021 Common/non-engineering paper has 3 sections, they are Language skills, Quantitative and numerical ability, Reasoning, and general intelligence. The Engineering paper has 5 sections.
Design Paper will have sections such as Spatial ability and Visualization, Observation and problem solving, General awareness, and Design.
Syllabus for Engineering Subjects
The NPAT 2021 Syllabus for taking the engineering exam is mentioned below:
The syllabus for Mathematics section is tabulated below. The candidate has to finish this section in a span of 30 minutes.
- Sets and Functions
- Complex Number and Quadratic equation
- Matrices and Determinants
- Permutation and Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial theorem and its Application
- Sequence and Series
- Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
The syllabus for the Physics section for the exam is provided in the table below. The time allotted to the candidates to attempt this exam is 30 minutes.
- Physics and measurement
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Rotational motion
- Laws of motion
- Properties of solids and liquids
- Electronic devices
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, electromagnetic waves
The syllabus for the Chemistry section is tabulated in the table below. 30 minutes will be provided to the candidates in the exam to attempt it.
- Physical Chemistry
- Some basic concepts in chemistry, States of matter
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Solutions, Equilibrium
- Redox reactions and electrochemistry
- Chemical kinetics
- Organic Chemistry
- Purification and characterization of organic compounds
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Principles related to practical chemistry
- Organic compounds containing halogens, Oxygen & Nitrogen
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
- P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, D and F - block elements
- Co-ordination compounds
- Environmental chemistry
- General principles and processes of isolation of metals
Logical Intelligence Syllabus
The syllabus for logical intelligence is provided in the table below. The time allotted to attempt for this section is 20 minutes.
Critical Thinking: Decision Making (Take into cognizance various rules/ conditions and make decisions based upon those rules/conditions) Problem Solving (To analyze the given information and condense all the information in a suitable form and answer the questions asked)
Verbal-logical reasoning: Derive conclusions from logical premises or assess the validity of arguments based on the statement of factsNumerical reasoning: Venn Diagram (Identify the class-subclass relationship among the given group of items and illustrate it diagrammatically) Mathematical Equalities
Data Interpretation: Be able to use the information given in graphs and charts to answer questions.
Proficiency in English Syllabus
The syllabus for Proficiency in the English section has been provided in the table below. The section will have to be attempted by the candidate within 10 minutes.
- Error Recognition: Recognising grammatical structure and usage.
- Applied Grammar: Using prepositions, determiners, connectives, tenses appropriately.
- Contextual Usage: Using appropriate words in the given context
- Sequencing of Ideas: Putting ideas into a logical sequence by putting jumbled sentences in the correct order
- Reading Comprehension (1 Passage of maximum 350 words with 4 items): Locating Information, grasping ideas, identifying relationships, interpreting ideas, moods, characteristics of characters, the tone of the passage, inferring, getting the central theme, evaluating.
How to study for NPAT 2021 Entrance Exam?
NPAT Exam preparation tips can come in handy to qualify the examination. They help you prepare a proper preparation schedule and crack the exam by getting good scores.
Candidates should make a common habit of practising the mock questions for the exam. Practising the questions will make you understand how to approach the questions and how long will it take to answer them, thus you can create the average time to answer the questions. Also, you could find out your weak points and strong points in the subject. You could work on your weak points accordingly.
Read Every Material Ever
You should inculcate the habit of reading any newspapers and magazines which cover all of the contemporary topics. This will help you in building your vocabulary and will also help massively in the general knowledge section. You need to brush up the basics of grammar to tackle the error detection questions and sentence correction. So, reading newspapers and magazines will improve your skills to a huge extent.
Create Your Own Tricks and Shortcuts
Learn all the tricks and shortcuts that are out there but don't rely solely on the various tips and shortcuts that the other people teach. You might not be able to recollect them in the exam and would cost you a couple of questions. So instead you need to come up with your own version of the tips and tricks. When you create them on your own you will not be forgetting them in the exam.
Also, using these tricks and shortcuts to solve a question will help you to secure extra time, that could be used to solve tougher questions in the exam.
NPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The Exam pattern for the NPAT 2021 is different for the Engineering papers and Non-Engineering paper. It differs according to the course candidates will be applying to.
Mode and Duration: Mode of conduction of NPAT 2021 Exam is Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT). There are 2 papers for NPAT. Paper-I is of the duration of 100 minutes and Paper-II will be of 90 minutes.
Paper-I will contain the Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Reasoning & General Intelligence and Proficiency in the English Language. Whereas, the Paper-II will contain the Spatial Intelligence and the Visualization Skills, Observation and Problem Solving and General Awareness and Problem Sensibility.
- Paper-I will be attempted by the candidates who want to go for the non-engineering courses like B.Pharma + MBA (Pharma Tech), BBA, B.Com (Hons.), B.Sc Finance, B.Sc Economics, B.Des (Humanising Technology), BA (Hons.) Liberal Arts.
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Time|
|Quantitative Aptitude & Numerical Ability||40||100 minutes|
|Reasoning & General Intelligence||40|
|Proficiency in the English Language||40|
The candidates who are appearing for the B.Des (Humanising Technology) course have to sit in both the papers i.e Paper-I and Paper-II.
|Name of the Section||No. of Questions||Time|
|Spatial Intelligence and the Visualization Skills||20||90 minutes|
|Observation and Problem Solving||20|
|General Awareness and Problem Sensibility||20|
The new NPAT Pattern of Mukesh Patel School of Technology, Management & Engineering [MPSTME] for the engineering subjects is as follows:
|Name of the Exam Section||No. of Questions||Time Allotted||Marks|
How to Apply for NPAT 2021 Exam?
Candidates who are interested to get admission into NMIMS should apply for the NPAT Exam. Candidates will need to register with the official website before starting the process of filling up the forms. Unregistered candidates will not be allowed to participate in the entrance exam. They can register for the exam only from the online mode.
- First, go to the official NPAT website.
- Click on the 'Register' button in the upper part of the homepage.
- Enter the specifics asked on the page such as the name, date of birth, etc.
- After filling in the information, click on 'Register'.
- The ID and Password for your account will be sent to your mailbox.
- From then you can carry on with the further process of the registration for the exam.
Note: If there are multiple registrations, then registration for NPAT will not be considered & registration fee will be forfeited.
NPAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates can now fill the application form of NPAT 2021 in online mode. Along with the filling of the application form, candidates must also pay application fee without which the form filling will be incomplete. Candidates must make sure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria to avoid rejection at any later stage.
- Registration: Registration for the NPAT 2021 started from Feb 16, 2021 and the last date is Apr 19, 2021.
- Process: The candidates have to visit the official website and fill their personal details in the NPAT 2021 Application Form. A unique NPAT login ID and password should be created and used for the main registration process.
Candidates have to enter his/her educational details and choose an exam centre after logging in. Candidates have to check the entered information and click on the final submit button.
Uploading the Documents
The registration process of the NPAT 2021 Exam involves uploading documents such as the coloured photograph and the signature of the candidate. The scanned images should be in the prescribed format by the NMIMS website. At this stage, the candidate can edit their form if needed. Once the fee is paid, no correction is allowed to be made in the submitted application form.
- Passport Size Photograph
- Scanned Copy of Signature
- Aadhar Card
Payment of Fee
The fee for taking the exam is INR 1800. But to apply for multiple programs in various schools, the application fee increases. The following table shows the school wise application fee.
|No. choices of School(s)||Fee|
|One School||INR 1800|
|Two School||INR 3000|
|Three School||INR 4000|
|Four School||INR 5000|
|Five School||INR 6000|
The application fee can only be paid in the online mode through Debit Card/Credit Card or Net Banking. Make sure you pay using a proper internet connection so that your payment does not dop in between. Applicants are requested to keep the receipt safe and take a print of it for future reference.
NPAT 2021 Admit Card
- Date: The conducting authority had released the admit card on May 6, 2021 (expectedly) at NPAT website.
- Process: The candidate needs to visit the official website and login to their registered accounts. Then, enter the necessary details to get the preview of the NPAT 2021 Admit Card.
- Printout: Download the admit card from the website and take a print out of the admit card to produce at the centre of the examination as proof.
Steps to Download Admit Card:
Step 1: Go to the NPAT official website.
Step 2: Click on the 'NMIMS - NPAT Admit Card' Tab on the dashboard
Step 3: You will be redirected to a login page, then log in using your credentials
Step 4: NMIMS-NPAT #Admit Card will appear on the screen, review it and then hit download.
Step 5: Take a print of your Admit Card
Note: Candidates are not allowed inside the examination hall without the admit card. Any tampering of the admit card will also result in them being barred from the exam. Make sure the details in your Admit Card are correctly spelt and match with your official IDs.
How to Report Errors in NMIMS NPAT 2021 Admit Card
Candidates should review their NPAT Admit Card thoroughly, as it will be verified at the exam centre and any error may cause you problem. Moreover, the NPAT Admit Card is used in the Admission Process until enrolment, candidates are required to lodge a formal request of correction at the helpdesk mentioned at the bottom of this page. The candidates can write ane mail with the screenshot of Admit Card with error, and correction request.
NPAT 2021 Exam Centres
NPAT is a national level exam. The exam will be conducted in 49 cities across India. The Centre will be mentioned in your admit card along with reporting time. It is advisable to reach the Exam Centre before reporting time. Also, locate your test centre at least a day before.
Documents required at the exam hall:
- Photo Id (Voter Id/Aadhar Card/PAN Card/Passport)
- NPAT Admit Card
- School/College Id
NPAT 2021 Results
The results for the NPAT 2021 are generally published on the official NPAT website.
- Date: Dates for NPAT 2021 Results have not been released yet.
- Process: Candidates have to visit the official website and login to your registered account and find the results.
- List: After the declaration of NPAT result, the concerned authority declares the Merit List, Call Letter & Admission Letter for various courses.
There is no official cut off released by the conducting authority NMIMS for the NPAT 2021 exam. The merit lists are prepared based on marks obtained by the candidate in the examination. NPAT Cutoff will depend upon the following factors:
- Number of students participating
- The difficulty level of exam
- Number of seats available
NPAT 2021 Counselling
Once the results of the NPAT Exam are announced, then merit lists are prepared. The counselling process and the seat allocation of all the qualified candidates will start after the releasing of first merit list.
- Call Letters: For various courses, NMIMS releases a call letter to candidates which is used in the counselling process. You can download it after the declaration of result.
- Seat allotment: Seats in different programs will be allotted to qualified candidates as per the merit list, choice and availability of discipline.
- Requirements: For the NPAT 2021 Counselling, the candidates are required to keep their admit card and score card handy and in proper condition.
- Number of Rounds: There are usually three rounds in the process of NPAT counselling.
- Location: The counselling takes place at designated centres set up by NMIMS.
Candidates will require to submit the fee of admission and first semester to secure the seat in NMIMS. If a candidate fails to do so in due time, he/she/x will not get the admission, and the seat will be open for the waitlist. Also, the NPAT counselling will require document verification, here is the list of documents required:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Character Certificates
- Transfer Certificates
- Migration Certificate
- Aadhar Card/Voter Id/PAN Card
- School/College Id
- Caste Certificate (If applicable)
Candidates are advised to check the website regularly if their name appears in any of the three merit lists, so they can report at the centre on time to confirm their seat allotment.
Toll-Free Number: 1800 266 7079 (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM | Monday To Saturday except for holidays)
E-mail: [email protected]
Official Website of NPAT: https://www.npat.in
Toll-Free Number: 18001025138 | Timings: 7:30 AM to 10:00 PM (Monday To Saturday except for holidays)
Boardline Number: 022-4235-5555 | Timings: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (Monday To Saturday except for holidays)
E-mail: [email protected]
What is the NPAT Exam for?
National Test for Programs After Twelfth (NPAT) is the authorized entrance exam for admissions to Undergraduate Degree and Integrated Degree Programmes at the NMIMS University.
What is a Good Score in NPAT 2020?
There is no official NPAT cutoff that has been released by the NMIMS. But scoring between 85-87 will give you a good chance at a good score.
Does NPAT 2020 have negative marking?
No. There is no negative marking in the NPAT examination for wrong answers since the NPAT Exam does not have a penalty for incorrect answers.
Is maths compulsory for BBA in NMIMS?
Yes. It is compulsory for the candidates seeking admission into the BBA course in NMIMS to have studied Mathematics or Statistics.
Is there a different form to apply to the University, in addition to NMIMS-NPAT?
No, there is no different form to apply to the university. The candidate has to choose from the schools/program options in the NMIMS NPAT only.
Is uploading of the id proof mandatory?
No. the candidate can just take the id proof along with them to the exam centre to provide as proof.
Can the test date be rescheduled? How?
Please refer to the Admission Information handout for the NPAT test delivery dates. It will be delivered only on the 2 dates mentioned therein. The test date can be edited from the given date options before the payment of the registration fees. After the registration fee payment, the candidate can add the date as per the options are given.
What is the mode of the NPAT Exam?
NPAT Exam is conducted online which means it is a computer-based test.