Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test, commonly known as MHT CET, is conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai. The Maharashtra Higher and Technical Education Minister, Uday Samant has stated that if the situations comes under control, they will conduct the exam in the last week of July or first week of August 2021. The application process has commenced, and will end on Jul 7, 2021. The dates, once announced, will be updated on this page.
Those candidates who wish to pursue a course in Engineering and Technology, Architecture, or Pharmacy at any of the colleges affiliated to the state university must apply for this exam. It is a computer-based test, which the candidates have to complete in three hours. All the information related to MHT CET, such as the dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, etc., has been discussed on this page.
Latest News on MHT CET 2021
- CET 2021 to be Held in July Last Week or the First Week of August - Published on Jun 16, 2021
- Jun 8, 2021: Registration for MHT-CET 2021 (B.Enginnering, B.Pharmacy, Agriculture Course Examination) has started. Candidates can apply online at the official website.
- What is MHT CET Exam?
- MHT CET 2021 Exam Date
- MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- MHT CET 2021 Syllabus
- MHT CET 2021 Application Form
- MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
- MHT CET 2021 Admit Card
- MHT CET 2021 Exam Centers
- MHT CET 2021 Result
- MHT CET 2021 Cut off
- MHT CET 2021 Selection Process
- MHT CET 2021 Counselling
- MHT CET 2021 Preparation
- MHT CET 2021 Reference Books
- MHT CET 2021 Latest Changes
What is MHT CET 2021?
MHT CET (Maharashtra Health & Technical Common Entrance Test) is an entrance exam now conducted by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai. Till 2018, the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, was responsible for organizing this exam. Candidates seeking admission to one of the colleges affiliated to the state university of Maharashtra to study B.E., B.Tech, B.Pharma, or Pharma.D courses have to give this exam mandatorily. Find some of the important facts related to MHT CET 2021 in the table given below:
Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharastra|
State Level UG and PG
B.Tech, B.Arc, B.Pharm, Pharm D, MBA, and MMS
English, Urdu, Marathi
3 hours (180 Minutes)
|Helpdesk Number||022 2264 115|
MHT CET 2021 Exam Date
The application process for MHT CET 2021 has begun on Jun 8, 2021. Aspirants can fill the application forms till Jul 7, 2021. It has also been said that the examination will be held in the last week of July 2021, or the first week of August 2021. However, the precise dates haven't been announced yet. The tentative dates are mentioned below:
|Course Name||Accepted Entrance Test||CET Exam Dates|
|Bachelor in Engineering/
Technology (B.E/B.Tech)/ Bachelor
in Pharmacy (B.Pharm/Pharm.D),
Agriculture & Allied Courses/
Fisheries Science/ Dairy
|MHT-CET 2021||Last week of July 2021|
|Master In Computer Applications||MAH-MCA-CET 2021||First week of August 2021|
|Master of Architecture||MAH-M.Arch-CET 2021||
First week of August 2021
The tentative dates for all the important events related to the MHT CET 2021 exams are tabulated below:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online Registration||Jun 8, 2021 to Jul 7, 2021|
|Online Registration with late fee of INR 500||To be announced|
|Admit Card Download||To be announced|
|Exam Date||Last week of July or first week of August 2021|
|Result||To be announced|
|Counselling||To be announced|
Read More: MHT CET Exam Dates 2021
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria to take up MHT CET. The basic eligibility criteria is summarized below:
|Age Limit||There is no upper age limit|
|Education Qualification||The applicant must have passed 10+2|
|Nationality||Citizen of India|
The course-specific MHT CET 2021 eligibility criteria is as follows:
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility for B.Tech, B.E., & B.Arch
Candidates have to meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria to appear for the MHT CET 2021 exam for engineering courses:
Maharashtra State Candidature
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- Candidates must have passed class 12th or HSC Examination with Physics, Chemistry, English, and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subjects.
- Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates) must be obtained
- Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category)
- Obtained qualifying marks in JEE Main paper 1 (All India Candidature Candidates, Jammu, and Kashmir migrant Candidature Candidates)
Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature, All India Candidature
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- Candidates must have passed HSC 10 + 2, or it is equivalent with Mathematics and Physics as mandatory subjects, as well as one of the Chemistry or Biology or Technical or Biotechnology or Vocational subject and should have obtained the required percentage
For Children of Workers in Gulf Countries, NRI, OCI, PIO
- Candidates must have passed HSC 10 + 2, or it is equivalent with Mathematics and Physics as a mandatory subject as well as one of the Chemistry or Biology or Technical or Biotechnology or Vocational subject and should have obtained the required percentage
MHT CET 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Pharmacy Courses
Candidates have to meet the below-given eligibility criteria to appear for the MHT CET 2021 exam for Pharmacy courses:
Maharashtra State Candidature
- Candidates should be an Indian National
- The applicant must have completed class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject. For candidates of the general category, the minimum percentage criterion is 45% and 40% for the reserved category
- There is no age limit applicable to this course.
Read More: MHT CET Eligibility Criteria 2021
MHT CET 2021 Syllabus
As per the latest update, the MHT CET 2021 exam will have a revised syllabus that will not contain questions from the sections of the Class 12 syllabus deleted by the Maharashtra State Board in lieu of the COVID-19 pandemic. The MHT CET 2021 syllabus will be based on the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education.
Candidates should prepare from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and Biology for their respective papers. Paper 1 will include questions on Mathematics, Paper 2 on Physics and Chemistry, and Paper 3 on Botany and Zoology. The 50 questions in each subject will be divided into 10 questions from the class 11 syllabus and 40 questions from the class 12 syllabus. A total of 50 questions out of 250 will now be asked from the PCM or PCB syllabus of class 11.
Some of the important topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are tabulated below:
|Electromagnetic Induction||Alcohol, Phenol, and Ether||Calculus|
|Magnetic Effects of Current||Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen||3D Geometry|
|Kinetic Theory of Gases and Radiation||Solid State||Differentiation|
|Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei||Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics||Integration|
|Rotational Motions||p Block Elements||Functions|
|Electrostatics||d Block Elements and f Block Elements||Probability, Limits, Continuity, & Differentiability|
|Wave Motion||Solutions and Colligative Properties||Application of Derivatives|
Read More: MHT CET Syllabus 2021
MHT CET 2021 Application Form
The interested applicants who satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned above can proceed to fill the MHT CET 2021 application forms online. The process to enroll successfully is discussed below:
How to apply for MHT CET 2021?
The application process for MHT CET 2021 requires the candidates to register using their email addresses and valid mobile numbers. The steps to apply for MHT CET 2021 are discussed below:
- Candidates must go to the official website of MHT CET 2021: cetcell.mahacet.org
- Find the tab for CET registration.
- Register by filling the given fields with valid contact information. Without completing the registration process, the candidates will not be able to fill the application form.
- Fill the application form: The candidates will be required to enter their personal, educational, and contact details in the MHT CET 2021 application form. The candidates should not leave any field blank, otherwise, their form will not be accepted.
- MHT CET 2021 application fee payment: The candidates will now be directed to a page where they will be asked to pay the application fee for the MHT CET exam.
- Take a printout of the application form and the payment receipt for further reference.
MHT CET 2021 Application Fee
The MHT CET 2021 application form fee is INR 800 for the General category students and for the candidates who belong to the reserved categories, the application fee is INR 600. Please note that the method of payment is online-only, MHT CET 2021 does not accept any Demand Draft or Cash Payment.
The payment can be made either via Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/ Visa/ MasterCard/ Maestro) or via Net Banking or an E-Challan payable via cash, at any State Bank of India branch near you. Make sure the transaction of the fee is not interrupted. And keep a receipt of the same for further use.
|MHT-CET 2021 Groups||General||Caste (MS Candidates only)||PwD|
|PCM||INR 800||INR 600||INR 600|
|PCB||INR 800||INR 600||INR 600|
If a candidate fails to make the payment on time, then the below fee will be charged for late payment:
|MHT-CET 2021 Groups||General||Caste (MS Candidates only)||PwD|
|PCM||INR 800 + INR 500 = INR 1300||INR 600 + INR 500 = INR 1100||INR 600 + INR 500 = INR 1100|
|PCB||INR 800 + INR 500 = INR 1300||INR 600 + INR 500 = INR 1100||INR 600 + INR 500 = INR 1100|
Documents Required To Apply For MHT CET 2021
The following documents are required to fill the MHT CET 2021 Application Form:
- Academic details/degrees/certificates
- Marksheets of Class 10 and 12
- Scanned image file of Photograph and digital signature (5 kB- 50 kB size in jpeg format)
- A valid Credit/ Debit/ Net-Banking card for MHT CET 2021 Application Fee payment
Read More: MHT CET Application Form 2021
MHT CET 2021 Exam Pattern
Being well-versed with the exam pattern can help in effectively preparing for the actual exam. Details of the MHT CET 2021 exam pattern include various important aspects of the test like marking scheme, the total number of questions and marks, nature of the questions, mode of the exam, etc.
- All MHT CET 2021 papers except the Mathematics paper will be available in Marathi, Urdu, and English.
- There will be no negative marking for wrong answers and unattempted questions in MHT CET 2021
- Sessions: The candidates are tested via three papers split into three different groups which are PCMB, PCM, and PCB.
- Exam Duration: Candidates will have 180 minutes to attempt the whole question paper.
- Weightage: Approximately 20% weightage will be given to the Class 11 curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to the Class 12 curriculum while setting the question paper. This would mean that out of 50 questions, 10 will be from Class 11, and 40 will be from Class 12.
- Pharmacy: The candidate must appear for Paper II as well as Paper-I and/or Paper 3.
- Engineering Candidates: The candidate must appear for both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Marking: Each answer with the correct response shall be awarded one (1) mark for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. For Mathematics, each right answer will be awarded 2 marks.
- Division of Questions: In each of the sections, 10 questions will be based on class 11's syllabus. The rest 40 will be based on the syllabus of class 12.
- No alteration of the marked answer: Candidates must be sure of the answer before darkening the appropriate circle in MHT CET 2021, as no change in the answer once marked is allowed.
Given below are the highlights of the MHT CET 2021 exam pattern
|Sessions||MHT CET 2021 will have three papers (PCMB, PCM, PCB)|
|Languages||English, Marathi, Urdu|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
Read More: MHT CET Exam Pattern 2021
MHT CET 2021 Admit Card
The release of the MHT CET admit card 2021 has been postponed due to the alarming rise in the cases of COVID-19. The new date for the release of the MHT CET 2021 hall ticket will be updated on this page once it is announced. The hall ticket will only be issued to those candidates who submitted a duly filled application form and deposited the application fee within the dates provided to complete the process.
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the MHT CET 2021 Admit Card from the official website:
- Go to the official website of MHT CET 2021 - cetcell.mahacet.org
- Find the link to the "MHT CET 2021 Admit Card" and click on it.
- Enter the User ID and Password which was obtained at the time of registration, and proceed to "log in."
- You will now be able to view your admit card.
- Candidates should now download their admit cards and take 2-3 hard copies of the document.
Read More: MHT CET Admit Card 2021
MHT CET 2021 Exam Centers
Candidates can choose an exam centre according to their preference while filling the MHT CET 2021 application form. The authorities will try their best to provide the candidate with an exam centre in the city of their first preference. It is based on availability.
- Choice of MHT CET 2021 Exam Centres: The preference of MHT CET 2021 exam centres once exercised will be final
- Candidates from outside Maharashtra: Those who have passed 12th class or equivalent exams from outside the state of Maharashtra will have to choose their MHT CET 2021 exam centre as per their preference while filling the application form
- Allocation of MHT CET exam centres 2021: The allotment of MHT CET 2021 exam centres will be done within the same district headquarters of Maharashtra from where you have passed your qualifying exam.
Documents required on MHT CET 2021 exam day
The candidates will have to carry the following documents to the MHT CET 2021 exam hall along with them:
- Admit Card
- Government ID proof
- Passport Size Photograph
Read More: MHT CET Exam Centres 2021
MHT CET 2021 Result
The MHT CET 2021 result will be announced a few weeks after the exam is held. Candidates will have to use their application number, password, and security code to access the result on the mentioned link seen on the official website. Candidates are advised to take a hard copy of the result and also save a soft copy in pdf format.
- No personal notification: Candidates should note that the results will not be emailed or posted to them, hence they must keep a regular check on the website
- Discrepancies: Candidates who have spotted discrepancies in their results, and wish to request revaluation of their marks will have to submit a written request to the concerned authority, along with a Demand Draft of INR 1000/- in favor of the Commissionaire, State CET Cell, Mumbai, payable at Mumbai.
- Ultimate Decision: If any changes are made, the candidates will be notified. The answer sheet will be sent to the candidate via post after the results have been changed. The decision of the concerned authority will be final and no representations will be entertained after the specified period
How to download MHT CET 2021 Result?
Candidates have to follow the below-given steps to check MHT CET 2021 results:
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the MHT CET 2021 result link in the notification section.
- Step 3: Enter the Application Number, Password along with Security Key in order to login.
- Step 4: View the results displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: The candidates need to download and take a printout of the result as it will be required for future admission processes including MHT CET 2021 counselling
Read More: MHT CET Result 2021
MHT CET 2021 College Rank List
The candidates can get the rank or merit list of MHT CET 2021 from the official website. The rank list for colleges participating in MHT CET is given below:
|Name of Institute||Engineering Branch||Closing Rank|
|KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai||Electronics Engineering||2998|
|Dwarkadas J Sanghvi College of Engineering, Mumbai||Biomedical Engineering||8750|
|Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune||Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.||4683|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune||Polymer Engineering||9218|
|Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai||Electronics Engineering||1828|
|Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai||Biomedical Engineering||14033|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||Dyestuff Technology||3472|
|KJ Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Mumbai||Electronics Engineering||4839|
|Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune||Industrial Engineering||8664|
|Fr. C Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi Mumbai||Information Technology||4267|
MHT CET 2021 Cut Off
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is conducted every year by the State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra. The MHT CET 2021 cut off is decided by the different colleges that accept this exam as the benchmark for admission into their college. The students who clear the cutoff will get their name in the MHT CET 2021 Merit List. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of score and reservation criteria.
The MHT CET 2021 cut off is determined by various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, the total number of seats available, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, previous year cutoff trends, and the category of the candidate. The MHT CET 2021 cut offs will be released online and the candidates will be able to get the seats under the colleges through the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). Candidates can refer to the cutoffs of various colleges and courses before appearing for the counselling process.
Read More: MHT CET Cut Off 2021
MHT CET 2021 Selection Process
The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for MHT CET exam. The candidates who score the marks that are eligible for the courses will be called for the counselling. And in the counselling process, they will be given the seats to courses in which they are eligible. The selection process will require uploading of all the required documents, so the candidates should be prepared for that.
MHT CET 2021 Counselling
Candidates selected for the MHT CET 2021 counselling process will be informed via a notification on their registered email address or mobile number. Candidates who have qualified for MHT CET will have to appear for the counselling process that is conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research for Health Sciences and Pharmacy courses. For Engineering courses, the board has a separate body. Only those candidates who meet all the criteria will receive a notification regarding the counselling. At the time of counselling, candidates will be required to produce several documents for verification. Go through the following section to keep these documents handy during counselling.
After the seat allotment of MHT CET 2021, candidates will be required to submit the fee at their respective colleges to get the admission. If a candidate fails to do that, their admission may get cancelled. And the seat will be opened again.
Documents required for MHT CET 2021 Counselling
Candidates have to carry original documents to the counselling process, and candidates should submit the below-mentioned documents during the MHT CET 2021 Counselling:
|10th Standard Pass Certificate and Mark Sheet||12th Standard Pass Certificate and Mark Sheet|
|MHT CET 2021 Result||MHT CET 2021 Admit Card|
|Character Certificate||Migration Certificate|
|School Leaving Certificate||Category Certificate|
|Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra (if applicable)|
Read More: MHT CET Counselling 2021
How to prepare for MHT CET 2021?
Candidates aspiring to write MHT CET 2021 can take a look at the following tips to enhance their preparatory efforts:
- It is advised that the candidates start their preparation at least 3 months before the exam is supposed to be held.
- The candidates must go through the syllabus and sort the topics on the basis of difficulty.
- The candidates must plan their study hours wisely. The time-plan created must be practical, and easy to follow. It should also contain sufficient time for rest and exercise.
- It is important to look for quality study material. Several MHT CET preparation books are available in the market. Along with that, the candidates can also look for mock tests, practices questions, video tutorials, and revision notes online.
- The question paper will be lengthy. To enhance speed and accuracy, it is advised that the candidates solve as many MHT CET mock tests, as possible.
MHT CET 2021 Reference Books
Reference books for MHT CET 2021 mostly comprise of practice papers. Since the MHT CET 2021 syllabus pertains to Class 11 and 12 topics, textbooks of these classes are the best point of reference. Apart from this, here are a few more MHT CET reference books:
|Reference Book||Author / Publication|
|MHT CET Physics 2020||M.K. Dikshit|
|MHT CET Biology||Arihant Publications|
|MHT CET Chemistry 2020||R.P. Singh|
|MHT CET Mathematics 2020||Sushil Verma|
Read More: MHT CET Books 2021
MHT CET 2021 Latest Changes
Keeping the entire situation created by COVID-19 in mind, several changes have been incorporated in the examination pattern, syllabus, and other aspects of MHT CET. All the new changes which the candidates must be aware of are discussed below:
- Before cancelling the HSC Board examination, the State Cell had reduced the syllabus for various subjects. The candidates must prepare according to the latest, revised syllabus only.
- Candidates will be expected to answer 10 questions in each section, based on the syllabus of class 11. 20% of the weightage is occupied by class 11th's syllabus.
- The level of difficulty of MHT CET 2021 may be raised.
- In MHT CET 2021, no questions will be asked from the chapter on 'Complex Numbers, from Class 11.'
MHT CET 2021 Contact Information
If case of any doubts or queries, the candidates can reach out to the conducting authorities via phone or email. The contact information is given below:
- Contact No: 022-22016153/ 57/ 59
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Website: dtemaharashtra.gov.in
- Address: Directorate of Technical Education, 3, Mahapalika Marg, Dhibi Talao, Near Metro Cinema, Mumbai - 4
What is the syllabus for MHT CET?
MHT CET is based on the Maharashtra State Board Syllabus. It is strongly recommended that candidates prepare what they have studied in Class 11 and 12. OF 250 questions, 50 questions will be from the Class 11 syllabus and the rest from Class 12. Find the topics here, MHT CET Syllabus
What are the subjects that engineering aspirants should opt for?
They must opt for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English.
What should I do if any details on MHT CET Admit Card issued is wrong?
In this case, the candidates will have to contact the conducting Authority immediately for rectification.
What is the application fee for MHT CET Exam?
The Application form Fee is INR 800 for the General category students and for the candidates who belong to Reservation quota the Application fee is INR 600.
Can I apply for MBA program through MHT CET Exam?
Candidates can also apply for MBA through this test. Admissions for the courses offered through MHT CET are Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech) and Pharmacy (B.Pharm/Pharm.D.) as well as some allied health sciences programs in the Government aided and private universities/institutions in Maharashtra.
What are the courses offered through the MHT-CET Exam?
The courses offered through MHT CET are MBA, Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech), and Pharmacy (B.Pharm/Pharm.D.) as well as a few allied health sciences programs in the Government aided and private universities/institutions in Maharashtra.