A state-level test that is conducted in Maharashtra. Every year over 4 lakh students participate in the exam. It is an exam meant for students who aspire to do engineering and pharmacy courses.
**MHT CET 2020 Exam Dates have been released**
- What is MHT CET Exam?
- MHT CET Exam Dates Announced New
- MHT CET Eligibility
- MHT CET Syllabus
- Application Form
- MHT CET Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- MHT CET Exam Centers
- MHT CET Results
- MHT CET Cut off
- MHT CET Selection Process
- MHT CET Counselling
- How to prepare for MHT CET 2020
- Courses offered through MHT CET
- MHT CET FAQs
- MHT CET Latest News
- Related Exams
What is MHT CET?
MHT CET (Maharashtra Health & Technical Common Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra. This is a state-level selection test.
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharastra|
State Level UG and PG
B.Tech, B.Pharm, Pharm D, MBA, and MMS
English, Urdu, Marathi
3 hours (180 Minutes)
MHT CET 2020 Official Website
|Helpdesk Number||022 2264 115|
The MHT CET Exam Dates are released on the official website. The dates provided are tentative which means there might be certain changes in the future.
|Course Name||Accepted Entrance Test||CET Exam Dates|
|Bachelor in Engineering/
Technology (B.E/B.Tech)/ Bachelor
in Pharmacy (B.Pharm/Pharm.D),
Agriculture & Allied Courses/
Fisheries Science/ Dairy
13 -17 April 2020 & 20-23 April 2020
|Master In Computer Applications||MAH-MCA-CET 2020||28 March 2020|
|Master of Architecture||MAH-M.Arch-CET 2020||10 May 2020|
|Online Registration||January 7, 2020 to February 29, 2020|
|Online Registration with late fee of INR 500||March 1 to March 7, 2020|
|Admit Card Download||April 5, 2020 to April 23, 2020|
|Exam Date||April 13, 2020 to April 23, 2020|
|Result||June 5, 2020 (tentative)|
|Counselling||As per schedule|
What is the Eligibility Criteria of MHT CET?
The candidates have to satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria to take up the MHT CET Exam. The candidate appearing for MHT CET 2020 should be a citizen of India. The candidates who are applying should pass 10+2 mode of Examination to be eligible to take the MHT CET Exam.
There is no age limit to apply for MHT CET Exam.
|Age Limit||There is no upper age limit|
|Education Qualification||10+2 must be Passed|
|Nationality||Citizen of India|
Syllabus now includes additional new topics from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics from the XI standard. The Syllabus for the MHT CET 2020 examination will be based on the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Education.
Candidates should have a look at Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and Biology for their respective papers. Paper I, will include questions on Mathematics, paper II on Physics and Chemistry and Paper III on Botany and Zoology.
The 50 questions in each subject will be divided into 10 questions from class 11 syllabus and 40 questions from class 12 syllabus. A total of 50 questions out of 250 will now be from the syllabus of Class 11.
|Mathematics||Linear Programming, Vectors, Relations, Probability, Straight Line, Application of Derivatives, Circle Continuity, Definite Integrals, Ellipse, Hyperbola, Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles, Indefinite Integrals, Limits, Matrices, Numerical Methods, Mathematical Logic, Trigonometric Functions, Factorization, Circle and Conics, Functions, Probability, Sequence and Series|
|Chemistry||Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics and Energetics, Coordination Compounds, Nature of Chemical Bond, Redox Reactions, Alcohol Phenol Ether, D and F block elements, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Solid State, Solutions and Colligative Properties, Polymers, States of Matter (gases and liquids), Chemical Kinetics, Biomolecules, S-block elements, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Halogen Derivatives of Alkanes and Arenes, Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Electrochemistry and General Principles, Surface Chemistry, The process of Isolation of Elements, Hydrogen|
|Physics||Atoms, Kinetic theory of gases and radiation, Molecules And Nuclei, Oscillations, Rotational Motion, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction, Magnetic Effects of Electric Current, Semi-Conductors, Wave Motion, Surface Tension, Interference and Diffraction, Magnetism, Gravitation, Stationary Waves, Electrons and Photons, Elasticity, Wave Theory of Light and Communication System, Force, Refraction Of Light, Measurements Ray optics, Scalar and Vectors, Friction in Solids and Liquids.|
The registration for the MHT CET Exam 2020 will start from 2nd week of February 2020. The candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility can apply for the exam. The Application Form of MHT CET will be available on the official website of the MHT CET.
How To Apply for MHT CET?
- Step I: Register to generate a password.
- Step II: Filling the Personal Details.
- Step III: Uploading the details.
- Step IV: Final fee payment for the application form.
The MHT CET 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website of the conducting Authority. The candidates can start filling the forms from 2nd week of February 2020.
The Application form Fee is INR 800 for the General category students and for the candidates who belong to Reservation quota the Application fee is INR 600.
The payment can be made either via Credit/Debit Card(RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro) or via Net Banking or via an E-Challan payable via cash, at any State Bank of India branch near you.
Documents Required To Apply For MHT CET
The following documents are required to fill the MHT CET Exam Application Form:
- Academic details of the candidate
- Marksheet of class 10 and 12
- Scanned image file of Photograph and digital signature
- A valid credit/debit/net banking for Application Fee payment
MHT CET pattern 2020 includes various important aspects of the test like marking scheme, the total number of questions and marks, nature of the questions, mode of the exam, etc. The MHT CET 2020 examination will be held in Online Mode.
All MHT CET 2020 papers except the Mathematics paper will be available in Marathi, Urdu, and English. The exam format will be in OMR format. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers and unattempted questions in MHT CET 2020. OMR sheets are to be filled using only a black ballpoint pen.
- Sessions: The candidates are tested via three papers split into three different groups which are PCMB, PCM, and PCB.
- Exam Duration: The examination will provide 90 Minutes for each paper to complete the examination.
- Weightage: Approximately 20% weightage will be given to Std XI curriculum and 80% weightage will be given to Std XII curriculum while setting the question paper.
- Pharmacy: For the candidate seeking admission to Pharmacy/ Pharm. D degree course, it is mandatory that the candidate must appear for Paper II as well as Paper-I and/or Paper-III.
- Engineering Candidates: The candidate seeking admission to Engineering and Technology degree courses it is mandatory that the candidate must appear for both Paper I and Paper-II.
- Medical Candidates: Medical candidates will need to appear for both Paper II and Paper III.
- Marking: In MHT CET 2020 each answer with correct response shall be awarded one (1) mark for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. For Mathematics, each right answer will be awarded 2 marks.
- Division of Marks: For MHT CET 2020, 50 questions in each subject will be divided. There will be 10 questions from Std XI syllabus and 40 questions from Std XII syllabus. A total of 50 questions out of 250 will now be from the syllabus of Std XI.
- Blackening OMR sheet: The candidate will be required to mark the correct answer in MHT CET 2020 by blackening the corresponding circle against the serial number of the question in the answer sheet with black ink ballpoint pen only. Out of four circles provided for selection of an answer to a question, the candidate should fill up one circle only.
- No alteration of the marked answer: The candidates must fully satisfy themselves about the accuracy of the answer before darkening the appropriate circle in MHT CET 2020, as no change in the Answer once marked is allowed. The answer once marked is final, any change in the option once marked, done by any method, will amount to an invalid/incorrect response.
- Marking of answers: Candidate should completely darken one and the only one best response (circle) for Correct Answer in MHT CET 2020.
|Mode||MHT CET 2020 will be in Online mode|
|Sessions||MHT CET 2020 will have three papers (PCMB, PCM, PCB)|
|Duration||Students will get 90 Minutes to Complete the Exam as per the MHT CET 2020 Pattern.|
|Format||The MHT CET 2020 answers would be marked in an OMR sheet|
|Languages||The MHT CET 2020 Exam will be in English, Marathi, Urdu. Students Can give the exam as per their convenience.|
|Writing||Black Ballpoint Pen|
|Negative Marking||Negative marking is not applicable for wrong answers and unattempted questions|
MHT CET Admit Card
The admit card will be issued in the 4th week of April. The MHT CET Admit Card is equivalent to a hall ticket and can be downloaded on the official website by entering the candidate's login credentials.
The Admit Card is an important document to be carried by the candidate on the day of MHT CET 2020 examination. The candidate should also carry a photo ID proof with the admit card.
The candidate has to keep a hard copy of the admit card as it acts as a hall ticket to attend the exam.
How To Download MHT CET Admit Card?
The candidates can follow the following steps to download the Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Visit the official MHT CET website.
- Step 2: You will have to enter your application number and password obtained while filling the Application Form to log in and download the admit card.
- Step 3: Click on the Submit button and download the admit card.
- Step 4: Take a printout of the admit card for future reference.
MHT CET Exam Centers
The MHT CET Exam 2020 will be held in the 2nd week of May 2020. Candidates can choose an exam center according to their preference while filling the MHT CET 2020 application form.
The authorities will try their best to provide the candidate with an exam center in the city of their first preference.
- Advance Plan: To know MHT CET 2020 Exam centers well in advance will help you to plan well in advance to choose the exam center.
- Choice of MHT CET 2020 Exam Centres: The preference of MHT CET 2020 Exam Centres once exercised will be final.
- Candidates from outside Maharashtra: Those who have passed 12th class or equivalent exams from outside the state of Maharashtra, they have to choose their MHT CET 2020 exam center as per their preference while filling the Application form.
- Allocation of MHT CET exam centres 2020: The allotment of MHT CET 2020 Exam Centres will be done within the same district headquarters of Maharashtra from where you have passed your qualifying exam.
Documents Required On MHT CET Exam Day
The candidates will have to carry the following documents to the MHT CET Exam hall along with them:
- Admit Card
- Government ID proof
- Passport Size Photograph.
MHT CET Results
The Results of the MHT CET 2020 examination will be announced in the 1st week of June 2020. Candidates will have to use their application number, password and security code to access the Result. Candidates are advised to take a hard copy of the Results in pdf format.
- No personal notification: Candidates should note that the Results will not be emailed or posted to them.
- Discrepancies: Candidates who have discrepancies with their Results and are willing to verify their marks will have to submit a written request to the concerned authority, along with a Demand Draft of INR 1000/- in favor of the Commissionaire, State CET Cell, Mumbai, payable at Mumbai.
- Ultimate decision: If any changes are made, the candidates will be notified. The answer sheet will be sent to the candidate via post after the results have been changed. The decision of the concerned authority will be final and no representations will be entertained after the specified period
How To Download MHT CET Result?
Candidates have to follow the below-given steps to check MHT CET 2020 results:
- Step 1: Visit the official website dtemaharashtra.gov.in.
- Step 2: Click on the MHT CET 2020 Result link enter the Application Number, Password (which was produced in the MHT CET 2020 Admit card) along with Security Key. Click on Login Button and the results will be displayed.
- Step 3: The candidates need to download and take a printout of the result as it will be required for future admission process including MHT CET 2020 counselling.
MHT CET Rank List
The candidates can get the rank or merit list of MHT CET 2020 from the official website of MHT CET. The rank list for colleges participating in MHT CET is given below:
|Sr. No.||Name of Institute||Engineering Branch||Closing Rank|
|1||KJ Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai||Electronics Engineering||2998|
|2||Dwarkadas J Sanghvi College of Engineering, Mumbai||Biomedical Engineering||8750|
|3||Pune Institute of Computer Technology, Pune||Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.||4683|
|4||Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune||Polymer Engineering||9218|
|5||Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mumbai||Electronics Engineering||1828|
|6||Thadomal Shahani Engineering College, Mumbai||Biomedical Engineering||14033|
|7||Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||Dyestuff Technology||3472|
|8||KJ Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Mumbai||Electronics Engineering||4839|
|9||Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, Pune||Industrial Engineering||8664|
|10||Fr. C Rodrigues Institute of Technology, Navi Mumbai||Information Technology||4267|
MHT CET Cutoff
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is conducted every year by DTE, Maharashtra. The MHTCET 2020 Cutoff is decided by the different colleges that accept the MHT CET Exam as the benchmark for admission into their college.
The cutoffs will be released online and the candidates will be able to get the seats under the colleges through the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP).
MHT CET Selection Process
The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for MHT CET Exam. The candidates who score the marks that are eligible for the courses will be called for counselling. And in the counselling process, they will be given the seats to courses which they are eligible.
MHT CET Counseling
MHT CET 2020 Counselling Process will tentatively start in the 1st week of June 2020. Candidates selected for the Counselling Process will be informed via a notification on their registered E-mail address or Mobile number.
Candidates who have qualified for MHT CET Exam will have to appear for the Counselling process that is conducted by the Directorate of Medical Education and Research for health sciences and pharmacy courses. For Engineering courses, the Board has a separate body.
Candidates who meet all the criteria will receive a notification regarding the counselling.
Documents Required For MHT CET Counseling
Candidates have to carry original documents to the counselling process, and candidates should submit the below-mentioned documents during the Counseling:
- 10th Standard Pass Certificate & Mark Sheet
- 12th Standard Pass Certificate & Mark Sheet
- MHT CET 2020 Result
- MHT CET 2020 Admit Card
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- School Leaving Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra (if applicable)
How To Prepare For MHT CET?
The candidates who are aspiring to write MHT CET 2020 can use the following tips:
- There will be 2 papers for 90 minutes each the candidates should learn to manage time.
- Stay focused and prepare well in advance for the MHT CET Exam.
- Refer previous year Question papers and Mock papers.
- Candidates can use study materials that are available for each subject.
Courses Offered Through MHT CET
Admissions for the courses offered through MHT CET are Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech) and Pharmacy (B.Pharm/Pharm.D.) as well as some allied health sciences programs in the Government aided and private universities/institutions in Maharashtra. Candidates can also apply for MBA through this test.
MHT CET FAQs
Q. What is the Syllabus for MHT CET?
Ans. MHT CET is based on the State Board Syllabus. It is strongly recommended that the candidates can prepare what they have studied in class 11 and 12.
Q. Which are the Subjects Engineering aspirants should opt for?
Ans. They can opt for Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English.
Q. What should I do if any details on MHT CET Admit Card is given wrong?
Ans. In this case, the candidates will have to contact the conducting Authority immediately.
MHT CET Latest News
Earlier MHT CET used to be based entirely on Class 12 syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. Now, You will have to study Class 11 syllabus as well.
In MHT CET Syllabus 2020, 20% weightage is given to class 11th standard syllabus and 80% weightage is given to class 12th standard syllabus.
The level of difficulty of MHT CET 2020 will be raised in terms of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The approximate number of questions based on the 11th standard will be 10 and 40 from class 12. In MHT CET 2020, questions will not be asked from the chapter on complex numbers of Class 11.