Want to do Maritime Courses? Want to study Maritime is one of the best colleges in India? Give the IMU CET 2020 and get into the best college in India.
- July 2, 2020: The IMU CET 2020 exam is scheduled to be conducted on August 16, 2020. The detailed exam schedule will be updated shortly.
- What is the IMU CET?
- IMU CET 2020 Exam Dates
- IMU CET 2020 Eligibility
- How to Prepare for IMU CET?
- IMU CET 2020 Registration
- IMU CET 2020 Syllabus
- IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
- IMU CET 2020 Exam Centres
- IMU CET 2020 Admit Card
- IMU CET 2020 Reference Books
- IMU CET 2020 Results
- IMU CET 2020 Counselling
- IMU CET Related Exams
What is the IMU CET?
IMU CET 2020 is a National level entrance exam conducted for the candidates of India for admissions in the Maritime courses.
- Background: The Indian Maritime University has it's headquarters at Chennai and has its regional campuses at Mumbai, Cochin, Visakhapatnam, and Kolkata and the new headquarters building is being worked at 300 acres of land arrive apportioned to IMU at Semmancherry, Chennai which lies in the middle of East Coast Road and Old Mahabalipuram Road.
- IMU CET Exam Level: IMU CET 2020 is a National level examination conducted by the Indian Maritime University, Chennai.
- IMU CET 2020 Courses: Candidates can seek admissions for B.Sc, M.Sc, B.Tech, M.Tech, BBA and MBA courses in the Marine field. For admissions in various MBA programs, the candidates can appear for exams like GMAT, MAT, etc.
- Frequency: IMU CET is conducted once a year usually in the month of May/June and the interested candidates are expected to make use of this opportunity.
- IMU CET Authority: Indian Maritime University, Chennai has the complete rights for conducting the IMU CET 2020 examination and to allocate the seats for the interested candidates.
|Exam Name||Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Indian Maritime University, Chennai|
|Application Fee||For General- INR 1000/-; For SC/ST- INR 700/-|
|Question Type||Multiple choice questions with a single correct response|
|Total Questions||200 Questions|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Marking Scheme||For every correct response (+) 1 mark|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marking|
IMU CET 2020 Exam Dates
Application Form: Candidate can start applying for Examination from July 1, 2020 and the CET 2020 application process will end on July 26, 2020 for UG/PG course and 15th May 2020 for BBA course.
Admit Card: The IMU CET 2020 admit card will be available from July 26, 2020.
All the IMU CET 2020 Important Dates is given below:
|Application Form begins||July 1, 2020|
|Application Form ends||July 26, 2020|
|Admit Card releases||July 26, 2020|
|Exam Date||August 16, 2020|
|Result Announcement||August 30, 2020|
|Counselling||August 30, 2020|
IMU CET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to give IMU Exam must ensure that they are qualifying the eligibility criteria given by Indian Maritime Univerisity, The detailed eligibility criteria for the exam is given below;
IMU CET 2020 Educational Qualification: For B.Sc, 10+2/ equivalent (PCM-60% and a minimum of 50% marks in English subject in 10th / 12th Examination). In the case of SC/ST candidates, there will be a 5% relaxation in eligibility marks; however, it will not apply to English marks.
IMU CET 2020 Age Limit: The minimum age is 17 years and the maximum age should be 25 years on or before August 1 2020 (5 years relaxation for reserved candidates), unmarried and physically fit.
How to Prepare for IMU CET 2020?
Preparation for IMUCET or any entrance exam for that matter needs mainly three things. Those things are determination, patience, and perseverance. You need a strong determination to crack the exam at any cost. You need the enormous patience to go through every step needed to achieve your goal. Finally, you need the perseverance to not be disappointed even when faced with difficulties along the way. So make sure you are in possession of these three things before you start your preparation.
Brush Up the Fundamentals
The sections of English Proficiency and Mathematics are purely concept-driven. So, everyone should be brushing up on their concepts to develop the required levels of competence for the exam. If you are strong on the basics then you will be able to answer the question however the way they have twisted it. The first stage of the preparation involves concentrating mainly on the basic concepts of all the subjects.
Intense Practice Sessions
The sections of Logical Reasoning and some parts of English Language Proficiency can only be answered if you have enough practice with those types of questions. Gather as many practice papers, mock tests, and other stuff so that you could practice as much as you can. Intense practices make you familiar with the structure and type of questions in these sections.
Increase your Knowledge through Reading
The section of General Awareness contains questions that are based on current affairs and other such things. So you need to develop a very important habit of reading newspapers, blogs, and magazines daily. This will increase your knowledge about the things that are happening around you. If you develop this habit, you will be able to answer the General Awareness section in the least amount of time, so that you could use the rest of the time to answer the other sections.
IMU CET 2020 Registration
Candidates can fill the IMU CET 2020 Application Form through the official website and should upload their scanned signature, photograph, 10th Mark Sheet, and Caste certificate (SC/ST).
- Visit the official website of the IMU (https://www.imu.edu.in/).
- Click on the link IMU CET 2020 application.
- Fill in your academic and demographic details along with the preference of the exam centre.
Pay the stipulated application fee. The details related to the application fee are mentioned below.
IMU CET 2020 Syllabus
While preparing for the IMU CET Exam candidate must prepare according to the syllabus prescribed by Indian Maritime University, No need of studying anything extra than the syllabus because all the questions will come within the IMU CET 2020 Syllabus.
For UG Programmes: The syllabus for all the UG programs offered are - English, General Aptitude, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics at Class 12 level.
For MBA and M.Sc Programmes: The syllabus for MBA and M.Sc programs includes Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning.
IMU CET 2020 Exam Pattern
IMU CET 2020 will be held in Online Mode (computer-based) and the duration of the exam is 3hrs.
|Mode of Exam||Online only|
|Number of Questions asked||200 MCQ Type|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Sections in Paper||6 (PCM, GK, English, Aptitude)|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
IMU CET 2020 Exam Centres
- Synchronous: The IMU CET 2020 exam will be held at the 36 different IMU CET 2020 centres simultaneously in a single shift usually in the afternoon time.
- Locations: Some of the exam centres are located in these cities - Agra, Kota, Bangalore, Chennai, Trivandrum, Varanasi, etc.
IMU CET 2020 Admit Card
The IMU CET Admit Card will be issued only through online mode and the registered students can download the IMU CET 2020 admit card same from the internet on the official website.
Login Credentials: The IMU CET 2020 Admit Card contains important details such as the name of the applicant, registration number, date of the examination, etc.
How to download IMU Admit Card?
The candidate needs to follow these steps for downloading the admit card.
- Go to the IMU official website and log in by entering your credentials.
- Enter your Application number, date of birth, and Email ID.
- Download and take the print out of the admit card.
IMU CET 2020 Reference Books
- For UG Programmes: Candidates applying for UG programs through IMU CET 2020 can refer the A.S Agarwal for General Aptitude and the NCERT Class 11 and 12 Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics books for conceptual topics.
- For MBA and M.Sc Programmes: Candidates applying for MBA and M.Sc programs through IMU CET 2020 can refer the general aptitude books such as Fast Track Apti Cracker, Aptitude by A.S Agarwal, etc.
IMU CET 2020 Results
The IMU CET 2020 Results will be announced on August 30, 2020 and the registered students can download their results on the official website.
Cutoff: Depending on the number of candidates applied for IMU CET 2020 the cutoff will be decided and will be published by the Indian Maritime University.
How to download IMU CET Results?
For downloading IMU Result student need to follow given below steps;
Step 1: Visit the official website of IMU.
Step 2: Click on the “IMU 2020 Results” link.
Step 3: Provide your hall ticket number and other information required.
Step 4: The result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5: Download the result in PDF format and check your result.
IMU CET 2020 Counselling
Aspirants who are shortlisted will have to participate in the online counselling of IMU CET 2020.
- They will have to register themselves for the online IMU CET 2020 counselling for the programs that are offered in various IMU campuses.
- Before the candidates choose the program and institute in which they wish to do the admission, they will have to first pay the non-refundable counselling fee of INR 10,000 either through net banking, credit, or debit card for registration.
- Candidates will be allotted the seat to the IMU CET Campus on the basis of their rank in the IMU CET 2020 exam, the category of the candidate, choice of program, and campus; the number of seats that are available.
- After the allotment of seats, candidates will be issued a provisional seat allotment letter, which they can download once they logged in.
- Once the seat is allotted to the hopefuls, they will have to pay a non-refundable program fee of INR 25,000 before the stipulated date.
Note: The IMU CET 2020 counselling is only for the programs that are offered at the five campuses of IMU CET. The affiliated colleges will conduct their counselling separately and aspirants will have to apply directly for admission to these institutes.
IMU CET Courses Offered
Under Graduate Course:
|IMU CET 2020 Programmes||Course Duration|
|B.Tech in Marine Engineering||4 Years|
|B.Tech in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering||4 Years|
|BBA in Logistics, Retailing & E-commerce||3 Years|
|B.Sc in Maritime Science||3 Years|
|B.Sc in Nautical Science||3 Years|
|B.Sc in Ship Building & Repairs||3 Years|
|Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to B.Sc (Applied Nautical Science)||1 Year|
Post Graduate Course:
|IMU CET 2020 Programmes||Course Duration|
|M.Tech in Marine Engineering & Management||2 Years|
|M.Tech in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Tech in Dredging & Harbour Engineering||2 Years|
|M.Sc in Commercial Shipping and Logistics||2 Years|
|MBA in Port & Shipping Management||2 Years|
|MBA in Internation Transportation & Logistics Management||2 Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering (PGDME)||1 Year|
IMU CET Paper Analysis
- Physics Section: Physics section was direct with 50 questions altogether. Questions were not much tedious but rather were minimal dubious. It comprised of questions related to 4 questions on Nuclear Physics, 5 on Energy and Power, 7 on Electrostatics, 5 on Properties of Matter, 9 questions on Laws of Motion and Work, 7 questions on Semiconductor Devices, 8 questions on Current Electricity, 5 questions on Magnetic Effects.
- Chemistry Section: Chemistry section had 25 questions altogether with direct trouble level. Questions were additional tedious here. Subjects incorporated into this area were: 5 questions on Electrochemistry, 3 on Thermodynamics, 6 on Carbonyl Compounds, 3 on Atomic structure, 4 on Carboxylic Acids, 4 on Chemical Equilibrium.
- Mathematics Section: Questions in Mathematics section area took up more often than not of the understudies consequently considered as the most troublesome segment. Altogether, it had 50 questions. The topics were of 3 questions on Matrics, 9 on Trigonometry, 7 on Vector Algebra, 3 on Differential Calculus, 5 on Differential Equations,6 on Probability Distributions, 4 on Integral Calculus, 6 on Discrete Mathematics, 7 on Series Completion.
- English Section: English Section was considered as the most effortless by the competitors. It was the slightest tedious. The segment contained 25 questions altogether. Topics covered were: 2 questions on Passage Completion, 7 on Error Correction, 8 on Cloze Test, 8 questions on Comprehension Passage i.e. 2 passages with 4 questions each.
- Aptitude Section: Aptitude Section was the trickiest segment of the exam included 25 questions altogether. Different subjects covered were: 5 questions on Series completion, 3 on Blood Relations, 4 on Directions, 5 on Puzzles, 4 on Data sufficiency, 4 on Arrangements.
- General Knowledge Section: General knowledge area tested the General Awareness of the applicant and had 25 questions altogether contained different topics as 5 questions on Business News, 4 on International News, and 8 on National News.
|Chennai Campus||Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Semmencherry Chennai - 600119||+91 (44) 2453 9020||[email protected]|
|Cochi Campus||Indian Maritime University, NH-47A, Near Alexander Parambithra Bridge, Matsyapuri (P.O.), Willingdon Island, Cochin||0484 2989402||[email protected]|
|Kolkata Campus||Indian Maritime Univesity, Kolkata Campus P - 19, Taratalla Road, Kolkata - 700088||(033) 2401 4673/ 76 & 78||[email protected]|