***UPTU/AKTU/UPSEE 2019 Result has been declared on June 3, 2019 on the UPSEE Official Website. Check Now - Click here***
What is UPSEE?
UPSEE full form is the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination and will be conducted as both online (Computer-based Test) and offline (Pen & Paper-based Test). The mode of exam will depend on the paper which the candidate is going to write. UPSEE Exam will be conducted from 21st April 2019 to 5th May 2019 (tentative).
UPSEE is conducted by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU) was established by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow in the year 2000. UPTU/UPSEE has been officially renamed as AKTU (Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University) in the year 2015. The university has been sub-divided into five zones with 150-160 colleges in each zone.
Courses: UPSEE 2019 exam helps candidates to seek admission to B.Tech, MBA, MCA, B.Arch, B.Pharma, BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, B.Des and Lateral Entry programmes in all Government and Private Institutions located all over Uttar Pradesh.
Level: The test for UPTU 2019 more commonly known as UPSEE, is a State Level Entrance Exam. It is also known as Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE).
Authority: Central Admission Board (CAB) has absolute rights for conducting UPSEE and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. CAB is an institution that comes under the Chairmanship of the Vice Chancellor, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
Repute: AKTU is one of the largest technical universities not only in India but perhaps in all of Asia. Because of its geographic dispersion, gigantic size and the number of colleges affiliated to AKTU 2019.
Affiliation: The total number of affiliated colleges under UPTU/ UPSEE exam was 49 in the year 2000 which has now gone up to 587.
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed in class XII or equivalent exam from any recognized institution in UP can apply for UPSEE. And the candidates whose parents are residing in UP can also apply. While these are one of the basic eligibility criteria candidates should also clear other eligibility criteria set by CAB.
Enrollment: Currently around 4,00,000 students are studying in various programmes in colleges/institutions which are affiliated to UPTU/ AKTU 2019.
Exam Format: UPSEE 2019 will consist of 11 papers and candidates need to select the papers and courses for which they are seeking admission through (UPTU/AKTU) UPSEE 2019 entrance examination.
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Central Admission Board (CAB)|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Examination Date||21st April 2019 and 5th May 2019|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Marking Scheme||For Correct Answer (+) 4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Lateral Entry||B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ MCA|
|Paper Medium||English & Hindi|
UPSEE/UPTU Important Dates
CAB will release the application form on 23rd January 2019 (tentative). Students can visit the official website and fill the application form and submit it before 25th March 2019. UPSEE Exam Date along with other Important Dates are in the following table:
|Events||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Application Form Start date||23rd January 2019|
|Application Form Ends date||25th March 2019|
|Admit Card date||15th April 2019|
|UPSE Exam Date||21st April 2019 to #to|
|UPSEE/AKTU/UPTU 2019 Result||3rd June 2019|
|UPSEE/AKTU/UPTU 2019 Counselling Date||25th June 2019|
Note: These dates are tentative and are subject to change under the authority of CAB. We will update the dates once they are officially announced by CAB.
UPSEE/UPTU Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should clear UPSEE Eligibility Criteria set by CAB else they will get rejected. Some of the important criteria that candidates should be aware of are:
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
|Education Qualification||B.Tech: Candidates who have completed 10+2 level examination with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 45% aggregate (40% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply for UPSEE 2019 B.Tech courses.|
|MBA: Candidates who have passed Bachelors degree course of minimum 3 years duration with minimum marks of 50% aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply for MBA course in UPSEE 2019 examination.|
|Domicile||Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in Uttar Pradesh or whose parents have UP as their domicile|
Since AKTU is offering courses in various fields UPSEE syllabus for each course varies. Syllabus for candidates who are aspiring to take undergraduate courses and MBA course are as follows.
Undergraduate Courses: UPSEE Syllabus consists of questions related to physics, chemistry, and mathematics topics of class 11th and class 12th syllabus will be asked in the paper 1 of UPSEE 2019 examination.
MBA: Candidates seeking admission to MBA programme should attempt paper-9 of UPSEE 2019 which is an aptitude test. It consists of questions related to the English Language, Numerical Aptitude, Thinking and Decision Making, General Awareness.
Once the applicaton form is released on the official website, candidates can start to apply for UPSEE. They can visit the website, fill the UPSEE Application Form Details and submit it. More detaisl about application process is given in the following sections.
UPSEE/UPTU Application Process
DATE: UPSEE 2019 registration process starts from 23rd January 2019 and ends on 25th March 2019 (tentative).
Registration: To begin the application process, candidates have to first register by entering their full name, mobile number, and email id. Then they will receive the login id and password, which they have to use to login to start filling the application form.
Details: Candidates need to fill their personal details including Adhaar card number and academic details after logging in.
Necessary Documents: Candidates have to upload the scanned Images of their recent photograph and signature.
Fee Payment: The application form is successfully completed once the examination fee is paid and the confirmation page is generated.
UPTU/UPSEE Application Form
|Mode of UPSEE/AKTU/UPTU Application Form 2019||Online|
|Application Fees||Male/General/OBC- RS.1300Female/SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- RS. 650|
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only.|
UPSEE/UPTU Exam Centers
- Exam Centre: UPSEE 2019 will be conducted in 41 centres in Uttar Pradesh and 8 centres in the other States.
- Choice of Centre: The candidates may choose only one exam centre of their choice, according to their convenience.
- Availability: The efforts will be made to allocate exam centre to the candidates in the order of the choice opted by them in their application form. However, in extraordinary circumstances, a different city or nearby exam centre may be allotted.
- Id Proof: Candidates must carry valid id proof along with the admit card to the exam centre without fail.
- Note: Candidates failing to carry a valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card) with hall ticket/admit card to the exam centre will not be allowed inside the exam hall.
UPSEE/UPTU Admit Card
- Admit Card: The admit card will be released online by the UPSEE on 15th April 2019.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry any one of the government issued id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the admit card.
- Discrepancy: In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/ her photograph/ signature shown in the admit card and Confirmation Page, the candidate must immediately approach the authority to avoid any inconvenience on the day of the exam.
- Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
UPSEE/UPTU Exam Pattern
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Questions) Offline (Pen & Paper-based Test)|
|Type of UPTU Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for the Correct Answers and there are no negative marks|
UPSEE/AKTU/UPTU 2019 Result
- Result Date: (UPTU/ AKTU) UPSEE 2019 Results will be declared on 3rd June 2019 along with the answer key and the merit list.
- Merit List: Based on the performance of the candidates a separate merit list will be prepared for each course. UPSEE 2019 score-card will contain marks obtained in each subject and the merit position/rank.
- Cut-off: The cut-off marks for the merit of qualified candidates is 25% (20% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category).
UPSEE/AKTU/UPTU 2019 Counselling
- Counselling Date: The commencement of UPSEE 2019 counselling registration and filling the choice of preferred colleges along with courses will begin on 25th June 2019.
- Counselling Process: Candidates who will feature in the merit list would be called for the document verification process. After the document verification candidates would be allowed to take part in the registration and choice locking process.
- Reservation: For scheduled caste category 21% seats will be reserved, for scheduled tribe category 2% seats will be reserved and for other backward classes 27% seats will be reserved under UPSEE 2019 for the candidates, who are seeking admission to colleges affiliated with UPTU 2019.
Courses Offered through UPSEEUPTU 2019
The courses offered and the duration of the respective courses are listed in the below table:
|Course Offered by UPTU||Course Duration|
|Bachelor of Technology||4 years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 years|
|Bachelor of Architecture||5 years|
|Bachelor of Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fashion & Apparel Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts||4 years|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years|
|Master of Computer Application||2 years|
|MBA (Integrated)||5 years|
|MCA (Integrated)||5 years|
UPSEE/UPTU 2019 Contact Details
The individuals who wish to get in touch with the Board can make use of any of the following means to communicate with UPTU 2019 authorities. The contact details are as follows:
- Address: The Registrar, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, Pincode – 226 021 (U.P.), India.
- Phone: 0522 – 2732193
- Fax: 0522 – 2732185
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Website: https://aktu.ac.in
- Toll-free Help Desk Number: 1800 180 0161 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- E-Mail: upsee.helpdesk.aktu.ac.in
UPSEE 2019 Preparation Tips
- Make a plan: Before starting your studies, plan it before in an easy way. Allot your time for each subject. Make a definite time table that you are going to complete on a daily basis.
- Go through: Go through the previous year question paper and detailed syllabus of UPSEE and give preference to the repeated questions and topics.
- Speed up: Make sure you are doing better than yesterday and try to speed up according to your self-set time table.
- Mock test: Practice by taking mock test papers and learn from your mistakes by evaluating it yourself.
- The advantage for candidates: There is no negative marking in UPTU 2019 examination. If you don't know the answer always take an educated guess and you have a 50% chance of getting the right answer.
- Materials to study: There are many study materials available easily, go through them along with the reference books to know more about the topics.
- Priority: Give more importance to the topics which you find difficult and work more on it. Don't neglect any of the topics because you find it difficult.
UPTU/AKTU 2019 Guidelines
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the UPSEE 2019 examination hall 15 minutes after the commencement of the UPTU exam.
- The candidate is supposed to paste a recent, clear passport size photograph similar to that on the confirmation page, in the space provided on the UPSEE 2019 admit card and get it duly attested by the principal/Head of institution last attended or by any Gazetted Officer.
- The candidate also has to bring two passport size photograph to the UPTU/ AKTU 2019 exam centre and submit it to the invigilator in the examination hall.
- The signature and left thumb impression of the candidates in the UPSEE 2019 admit card should match with the database retained by invigilator in the exam hall.
- Candidate should use only black ball pen while writing UPSEE 2019 examination, to fill the entries on question booklet and the OMR Answer Sheet.
- Each question booklet is related to separate OMR answer sheet kept inside the question booklet. Changing of OMR answer sheet of one set to another is strictly prohibited and shall be punishable under law.
- The use of calculators, log table, communication devices such as cellular phones is not allowed in the (UPTU/ AKTU) UPSEE 2019 examination Hall.
- The candidate is advised to check the details printed on the UPSEE 2019 admit card regarding Name/ Gender/ DOB/ Category/ Rural Weightage/ Domicile etc. In case of any discrepancy, then the candidate is advised to report to the invigilators in the examination hall during the examination.
- Candidate should note that if his/her photograph/signature printed on UPSEE 2019 admit card is blurred or incorrect or not visible then she/he must report to the nodal centre in the city of the examination allotted to her/him for the issuance of duplicate admit card.
UPTU/UPSEE 2019 Answer Keys - Download Answer Key PDFs
|Paper & Code||Link|
|Paper 1, Code AA*|
|Paper 2, Code AA*|
|Paper 3, Code AA*|
|Paper 4, Code AA*|
|Paper 5, Code AA*|
|Paper 6, Code AA*|
|Paper 7, Code AA*|