The UPSEE 2021 exam is postponed until further notice. This exam is conducted to offer candidates admission to the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam University (AKTU). This exam was formerly known as UPTU. Through this exam, candidates can take admission to MBA, Integrated MBA, MCA, Integrated MCA, B.Des, B.Pharma, BHMCT, B.Voc, BFA and BFAD. The exam was also held for B.Tech courses, but it was later scrapped. Admission for B.Tech, M.Tech, or B.Arch, at any of the colleges affiliated to AKTU, Lucknow will be granted on the basis of JEE Main scores.
- What is the UPTU Exam?
- UPTU 2021 Exam Date
- UPTU 2021 Notification
- UPTU 2021 Eligibility
- UPTU 2021 Syllabus
- UPTU 2021 Preparation
- UPTU 2021 Exam Pattern
- UPTU 2021 Registration
- UPTU 2021 Application Form
- UPTU 2021 Admit Card
- UPTU 2021 Exam Centres
- UPTU 2021 Result
- UPTU 2020 Cut Off
- UPTU 2020 Counselling
- UPTU 2021 Courses Offered
- UPTU Exam Guidelines
- Contact Details
What is the UPTU Exam?
UPTU is a state-level entrance examination conducted in the state of Uttar Pradesh for admission to MCA, MBA, BFA, B.Des and various other courses. This exam is conducted in both online (Computer-based Test) and offline (Pen & Paper-based Test) mode. The mode of the exam varies for each course.
It has now been renamed as Uttar Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (UPCET). Through this exam, the candidates can take admission to UG, PG and LE courses offered under Pharmacy, Management, Design, Computer Applications, and various other disciplines.
UPTU is conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Uttar Pradesh Technical University (AKTU), established by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow, in the year 2000. It is one of the largest universities of Asia, which has been sub-divided into five zones with 150-160 colleges in each zone.
Courses Offered: UPTU 2021 entrance exam helps candidates to seek admission to B.Tech, MBA, MCA, B.Arch, B.Pharma, BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, B.Des and Lateral Entry programs in all Government and Private Institutions located all over Uttar Pradesh.
Authority: The National Testing Agency (NTA) has absolute rights for conducting UPTU and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. It was formerly conducted by CAB, an institution that comes under the Chairmanship of Vice-Chancellor, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
Affiliation: Total number of affiliated colleges under the UPTU exam was 49 in the year 2000 which has now gone up to 587.
Enrollment: Currently around 4,00,000 students are studying in various programs in colleges/institutions which are affiliated to UPTU 2021.
Exam Format: UPTU 2021 will consist of 11 papers and candidates need to select papers and courses for which they are seeking admission through UPTU 2021 entrance examination.
Highlights of UPTU entrance exam are given in below tabular format:
|Exam Full Form||Uttar Pradesh Technical University Exam|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Mode||Depends upon the course|
|UPTU 2021 Marking Scheme||For Correct Answer- +4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Paper Medium||English & Hindi|
UPTU 2021 Exam Date
The exam dates for session 2021 of UPTU/AKTU/UPSEE is announced. The examination is postponed until further notice. All the other important dates associated with UPTU 2021 will be updated in this section post the release of the official notification.
|Application Form Start date||Apr 1, 2021|
|UPTU 2021 Application Form Last date||Jun 20, 2021|
|Online Form Correction Window
||Jun 21, 2021 - Jun 30, 2021|
|Admit Card date||To be announced|
|UPTU Exam Date||Postponed|
|UPTU 2021 Result||To be announced|
Read More: UPTU Exam Dates 2021
UPTU 2021 Notification
The UPTU 2021 official notification is released by its organizing body, the Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University and NTA, on their official websites. The notification gives out details on the important exam-related dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus, the latest exam pattern, etc. Candidates should visit this page regularly to keep a check on the events and for further updates about the examination and other associated events.
UPTU 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should clear eligibility criteria set by the NTA for UPTU else they will get rejected. Candidates should make sure to check the necessary eligibility criteria and make sure that they meet the requirements for getting selected for the next step in the examination process. Some of the important criteria parameters that should be notified before appearing in UPTU exam are specified in below tabular format:
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
|Education Qualification||B.Tech/B.Arch: Candidates need to present a valid JEE Main score for admission.|
|MBA: Candidates who have passed a Bachelors's degree course of minimum 3 years duration with minimum marks of 50% aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply for an MBA course in UPTU 2021 examination.|
|Domicile||Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in Uttar Pradesh or whose parents have UP as their domicile|
Read More: UPTU Eligibility Criteria 2021
UPTU 2021 Syllabus
The UPTU 2021 Syllabus is finalised by its organizing body, the APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. It is very important for the candidates to go through the syllabus prior to starting the preparation for the UPTU 2021 entrance exam. Knowing and understanding the syllabus helps the candidates to get an overview of the topics and its outline in the subjects. They will be able to prepare on the basis of this distribution and plan accordingly. Candidates can keep a close track of the events associated with the UPTU/AKTU 2021 Syllabus by regularly checking-in with this page, for further updates and information.
Since UPTU is offering courses in various fields, the syllabus for each course will vary. Syllabus for candidates who are aspiring to take undergraduate courses and MBA course are as follows:
Undergraduate Courses: UPTU 2021 syllabus consists of questions related to Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics topics of class 11th and class 12th syllabus will be asked in paper 1 of UPTU 2021 entrance examination.
The syllabus for the UPTU 2021 exam can be categorized on the basis of the type of exam the candidates are planning to take up. Based on the subjects, the overview of the syllabus is termed and mentioned as shown below. The main subjects are as follows:
- Motion in one dimension:
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in two dimensions
- Work, Power and Energy
- Linear Momentum & collisions
- Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Oscillatory motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Ray Optics and optical instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
- Nuclear Instability
- Classification of conductors
- Principles of Logic Gates (AND, OR and NOT):
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid-Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Periodic Table
- Preparation and Properties of the following
- General Organic Chemistry
- Preparation and Properties Of Followings
- Solid State
- Coordinate Geometry
Biology (Zoology and Botany)
- Origin of Life:
- Organic Evolution
- Mechanism of Organic Evolution
- Human Genetics and Eugenics
- Applied Biology
- Mammalian Anatomy
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Excretion and Osmoregulation
- Respiratory system
- Nervous systems
- Endocrine System
- Circulatory System
- Animal Diversity
- Plant Cell
- Seeds in angiospermous plants
- Cell differentiation Plant Tissue
- Anatomy of Root, stem and leaf
- Important phyla
Other subjects and detailed syllabus is mentioned in the UPTU 2021 syllabus link given above.
MBA: Candidates seeking admission to the MBA program should attempt paper-9 of UPTU 2021 which is an aptitude test. It consists of questions related to English Language, Numerical Aptitude, Thinking and Decision Making, General Awareness.
Read More: UPTU Syllabus 2021
How to prepare for UPTU 2021?
Preparation is one of the best methods to achieve success and to secure a good rank in the exam. Aspirants who are willing to give the UPTU exam should be well prepared and they should follow specific strategies to crack this exam. Strategies and techniques help the candidates to plan and prepare very well for the UPTU 2021 Exam and ultimately high scores can be achieved. Important strategies for preparing for UPTU 2021 are specified below:
- Plan properly: Planning is very important for exam preparation and for this purpose fixed time table should be maintained and candidates need to revise subjects daily. Apart from this Candidates need to go through the previous year's question paper and detailed syllabus of UPTU and give preference to repeated questions and topics. There are many study materials available easily and you should go through them to have an overview of different topics related to the UPTU exam. Candidates should give more importance on topics if they find it difficult and should work on it to make them strong.
- Know the topics: Candidates should know the topics in and out in order to learn and understand the concepts. Knowing the topics will allow them to learn and understand them better. It also helps them to prioritize the topics and concepts based on their difficulty and importance. Adding to this, candidates will be able to determine the time required to learn the topics.
- Speed: Apart from proper planning speed and accuracy should be maintained in solving question papers within a specific period.
- Mock tests: Mock tests and proper evaluation are very important to get a good rank in UPTU exam. Aspirants who are going to appear for the UPTU exam should give mock tests before the commencement of the exam for rectification of mistakes as if any and also to increase confidence level. Time management can be achieved by practising many mock tests. Candidates will be able to complete all the questions within the allotted time.
- Attend the known questions: The questions that are very well known and very familiar should be given the first priority. Post attending the questions successfully, candidates should try attempting the unknown questions.
- Marking Scheme: There is no negative marking in UPTU 2021 examination.
UPTU 2021 Exam Pattern
While preparing for the UPTU entrance exam it is important to know the exam pattern. Candidates will get an idea about the type and distribution of questions in the question paper and can prepare accordingly. Candidates can check the highlights of UPTU Exam Pattern and Question Paper Pattern below in the tabular format:
The detailed overview of the UPTU 2021 exam pattern is given below in the table.
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Language of exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Total marks||600 marks|
|Total sections||3 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics|
|Total number of questions in the exam||150 and the marks are equally distributed among the 3 sections.|
Marking scheme of exam
|For every correct answer - 4 marks will be awarded|
|For wrong answers – there is no negative marking|
|For unanswered questions – no marks will be awarded or deducted|
Question Paper Pattern
The details of the individual papers and subjects are provided in the table below.
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry, and Maths||50 MCQs of each subject (total 150)||600|
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||50 MCQs of each subject (total 150)||600|
Aptitude test for Arch. and Design
|50 MCQs of each Maths and AS (total 100), and 2 questions to test drawing aptitude||600|
|Paper 4||Aptitude test for General Awareness
|100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 5||Aptitude test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral entry)/ 2nd year MCA (lateral entry)||100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 6||Aptitude test for MBA/MCA||100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (lateral entry)||100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 8||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (lateral entry)||!00 MCQs in total||400|
Read More: UPTU Exam Pattern 2021
UPTU 2021 Registration
Once the application form is released on the official website, candidates can start to apply for UPTU 2021 registration. They can visit the website, and have to fill UPTU Application Form Details and submit it. Candidates are required to go through the instructions carefully before filling in the necessary details in the registration process. It is required that the candidates should make sure to clear the eligibility criteria laid down by the conducting authorities in order for the application to be validated.
How to apply for UPTU 2021?
Once the National Testing Agency releases application form for UPTU candidates need to follow specific steps for form filling and the stepwise procedure is highlighted below:
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website for registration.
- Step 2: After registering on the official website you will receive your credentials in your registered email.
- Step 3: After getting credentials you need to log in with your registered email and enter all the required details.
- Step 4: You have to upload a scanned copy of your photo and signature.
- Step 5: After uploading scanned copy you have to pay the application fee by debit card/credit card/net banking.
Once you have followed all the above-mentioned steps and submitted your application form your application process is complete and can expect your admit card on Jul 6, 2021 (tentative). Candidates are required to keep a track of the updates and notifications related to the dates and schedules of the examination associated events.
UPTU 2021 Application Form
Candidates should be aware of some of the important details about the UPTU Application Form. It is required for the candidates to check and go through the details and information before filling up the application form. Specifications and details for UPTU 2021 Application Form are highlighted below for the candidates to check.
- Dates: The application dates are announced. The application forms will be available from Apr 1, 2021 till Jun 20, 2021.
- Registration: For Online Registration, Candidates have to first register by entering their full name, mobile number, and email id, and after that, they will receive their credentials which are login id and password. After getting a login id and password they can log in and start filling the UPTU Application Form.
- Details: Candidates need to fill in their details including Adhaar card number and academic details after logging in.
- Necessary Documents: Candidates have to upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature. Dimension ad size of these documents are specified in the following table:
|Size||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Maximum Size||100 KB||30 KB|
- Fee Payment: Once Application Process is completed and the examination fee is paid, the confirmation page will get generated. Candidates can take a screenshot of the same for future reference.
Application Form Fee
Candidates should keep a note of specifications of Application Fee given in tabular format below:
|Mode of UPTU Application Form 2021||Online|
Male/General/OBC- INR 1300
Female/SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- INR 650
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only.|
UPTU 2021 Important Documents
Before you apply for UPTU you should have some documents with you. Various documents that you might need to apply for UPTU are as follows:
|Aadhaar Card||You shall have to provide your Aadhaar Number for UPTU 2021 Registration|
|Email ID||Provide your email id; If you do not have a personal id then it is advised to create one|
|Mobile Number||Provide your personal or parent’s mobile number|
|Scanned image of the Photo||As per the specifications and format|
|Scanned image of the Signature||As per the specifications and format|
|Class 10th Certificate or its equivalent exam certificate||Your name and date of birth should be as given in it|
|Class 10th Marksheet||To fill in academic information in UPTU Form|
|Class 12th Marksheet, if applicable||To fill in academic information|
Read More: UPTU Application Form 2021
UPTU 2021 Admit Card
UPTU 2021 Admit card will be released online by CAB on the official website. Candidates can download UPTU 2021 Admit Card by logging into the official website. On the exam day, candidates must carry any one of the following ID proofs: Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Driving License/Passport along with UPTU 2021 Admit Card.
Note: In case of any discrepancy in particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph/signature shown in admit card and Confirmation Page, the candidate must immediately approach authority to avoid any inconvenience on the day of the exam.
How to download UPTU Admit Card?
CAB will release the admit card on the official website. If you have completed the application process, then you can follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Step 1: You should visit the official website and click on "Download Admit card for UPTU".
- Step 2: After clicking on download admit card you will be redirected to a login page where you have to enter your credentials and click on "sign-in" Icon.
- Step 3: UPTU Admit Card will be displayed on the screen where you have to click on download.
- Step 4: After downloading is over candidates should take a print out which is of utmost necessity in the exam hall.
Read More: UPTU Admit Card 2021
UPTU 2021 Exam Centres
UPTU 2021 will be conducted in 41 centres in Uttar Pradesh and 8 centres in the other States. Candidates may choose only one exam centre of their choice, according to their convenience and vicinity.
CAB will allocate the exam centre based on vacancies in the exam centre and choice of candidate. However, in extraordinary circumstances, a different city or nearby exam centre may be allotted.
Note: Candidates must carry valid id proof along with admit card to the exam centre. If candidates fail to produce admit card and ID proof upon request then they will not be allowed to write UPTU 2021.
The UPTU 2021 Exam Centres is conducted in various cities within the state of Uttar Pradesh. The Exam centres which will be conducted through pen and paper are tabulated below for the cities of Uttar Pradesh.
AKTU/UPTU 2021 Exam Centre Table-I (OMR Based Test) [For Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4]
Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)
UPTU 2021 Exam Centres are also present in major cities outside the Uttar Pradesh State. The below given tabulated column depicts the Exam Centres in other states.
AKTU/UPTU 2021 Exam Centre Table-I (OMR Based Test) [For Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4]
Certain UPTU 2021 Exam Centres allow candidates to take up computer-based tests. Those Exam Centres for specific subjects which will be conducted as an online or computer-based test (CBT) are tabulated below:
AKTU/UPTU 2020 Exam Center Table-II (Computer Based Test) [For Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11]
Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/ Greater Noida)
Read More: UPTU Exam Centres 2021
UPTU 2021 Results
UPTU 2021 Results will be declared along with the answer keys and merit list. Candidates should be aware of the fact that the UPTU 2021 Results are entirely based on the performance of the candidates. Therefore, they need to prepare very well, prior to attending the exam and perform well during the exam. Candidates can visit the official website to check UPTU 2021 Result.
Note: Based on the performance of candidates a separate merit list will be prepared for each course. UPTU 2021 score-card will contain marks obtained in each subject and also merit position/rank.
How to check UPTU Results 2021?
Results for UPTU will be released on the official website. Candidates can follow the below-highlighted steps to check their results.
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website and click on "Result" link.
- Step 2: Now you will be redirected to a login page where you have to enter your credentials which are your application number and date of birth and after that click on the sign-in icon.
- Step 3: Results will be displayed on the screen. Click on download. Take printout in an A4 size sheet.
It is best if the candidates regularly check into this page for further updates and information associated with the results and other events.
Read More: UPTU Result 2021
UPTU 2021 Cut off
Cut off is minimum qualifying marks candidates need to score in UPTU 2021 examination to be eligible for the counselling process. UPTU 2021 Cut off will be different according to Category, Institute, and Courses. Cut off help candidates to select colleges and courses during UPTU 2021 Counselling process.
Factors which determine cutoff criteria are specified as below:
- The number of students appeared in the examination.
- The number of students qualified in the examination.
- Total Marks obtained.
- Exam difficulty level.
- Availability of seats.
- the number of Participating Universities.
- Performance of candidates.
Read More: UPTU Cut Off 2021
UPTU 2021 Counselling
Candidates who will feature in merit list would be called for the document verification process. After document verification, candidates would be allowed to take part in the registration and choice locking process.
Commencement of UPTU 2021 Counselling registration and filling choice of preferred colleges along with courses will begin on the date yet to be announced.
UPTU has some reservation criteria where the different percentage of seats will be allocated for categories like SC/ST and other backward classes. Highlights of seat allocation for different categories are specified below:
|SC||21 per cent|
|ST||2 per cent|
|Other Backward classes||27 per cent|
Read More: UPTU Counselling 2021
UPTU 2021 Courses Offered
Courses offered and duration of the respective courses are listed in below table format:
|Course Offered by UPTU||Course Duration|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 years|
|Bachelor of Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fashion & Apparel Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts||4 years|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years|
|Master of Computer Application||2 years|
|MBA (Integrated)||5 years|
|MCA (Integrated)||5 years|
UPTU 2021 Guidelines
Candidates need to follow specific guidelines before appearing for UPTU exam and specification of guidelines are highlighted below:
- No candidate will be allowed to enter UPTU 2021 examination hall 15 minutes after the commencement of UPTU exam.
- The candidate is supposed to paste a recent, clear passport size photograph similar to that on the confirmation page, in space provided on the UPTU 2021 admit card and get it duly attested by the Principal/Head of the institution last attended or by any Gazetted Officer.
- The candidate also has to bring two passport size photographs to the UPTU 2021 exam centre and submit it to the invigilator in the examination hall.
- Signature and left thumb impression of candidates in UPTU 2021 admit card should match with the database retained by the invigilator in the exam hall.
- Candidate should use only a black ball pen while writing UPTU 2021 examination, to fill the entries on question booklet and OMR Answer Sheet.
- Each question booklet is related to corresponding OMR answer sheet kept inside the question booklet. Changing of OMR answer sheet of one set to another is strictly prohibited and shall be punishable under law.
- Use of calculators, log table, communication devices such as cellular phones is not allowed in the UPTU 2021 examination Hall.
- A candidate is advised to check the details printed on the UPTU 2021 admit card regarding Name/Gender/DOB/Category/Weightage/Domicile etc. In case of any discrepancy, then-candidate is advised to report to invigilators in the examination hall during the examination.
- Candidate should note that if his/her photograph/signature printed on UPTU 2021 admit card is blurred or incorrect or not visible then she/he must report to nodal centre in the city of examination allotted to her/him for issuance of duplicate admit card.
UPTU Contact Details
Individuals who wish to get in touch with the Board can make use of any of the following means to communicate with UPTU 2021 authorities. Contact details are as follows:
- Address: The Registrar, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, Pincode – 226 021 (U.P.), India.
- Phone: 0522 – 2732193
- Fax: 0522 – 2732185
- E-Mail: [email protected]
- Website: aktu.ac.in
- Toll-free Help Desk Number: 1800 180 0161 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- E-Mail: UPTU.helpdesk.aktu.ac.in
Are UPTU, UPSEE and AKTU same?
Yes, they are the same.
How is its counselling process?
UPTU Counselling is based on good rank obtained in UPTU. Students will be allotted seats based on their rank in the college of their desire. Last year, the counselling was held online.
What is date of UPTU Exam 2020?
The UPTU Exam is scheduled to be held on September 20, 2020. Admit card dates are still to be announced.
Is the counselling process online?
Yes, its counselling is conducted online.
How can I get admission in UPTU?
You can get admission in UPTU into various bachelor and MBA/MCA courses through UPTU/AKTU Exam.
Is domicile required for UPTU?
Yes, candidates or candidates\' parents should be domicile for Uttar Pradesh.
What is the full form of UPTU?
Full form is the UPTU is Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination.
Is there any negative marking?
No, there is no negative marking for this exam.
Is UPTU counselling fee refundable?
Yes, the counselling fee is refundable. If you are allotted a seat and have attended multiple rounds then INR 2000 will be deducted for each round and if you are not allotted a seat then your full amount will be refundable.
How much is the application form fee?
The application form fee for the Male/General/OBC category is INR 1300 and for Female/SC/ST/PwD category, it is INR 650.