If you have finished your Class XII or looking forward to do MBA/MCA in Uttar Pradesh then UPTU is exam for you. It is also known as UPTU Exam. Read following sections to know how you can get into your preferred course in Uttar Pradesh through UPTU.
- What is UPTU?
- UPTU Exam Dates
- Who to apply for UPTU?
- What is syllabus for UPTU?
- How to prepare for UPTU?
- UPTU Exam Pattern
- How to apply for UPTU?
- UPTU Admit Card
- How to check UPTU Results?
- UPTU FAQs
- Related Exams
What is UPTU?
UPTU is a state-level entrance examination conducted in state of Uttarpradesh for admission in Engineering, bio-technology, management and other courses and this exam is conducted in both online (Computer-based Test) and offline (Pen & Paper-based Test). Mode of exam will depend on paper which candidate is going to write. UPTU Exam will be conducted from April 21, 2020 to May 5, 2020 (tentative).
UPTU is conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Uttar Pradesh Technical University and it was established by Government of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow in year 2000. UPTU has been officially renamed as AKTU (Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University) in year 2015. University has been sub-divided into five zones with 150-160 colleges in each zone.
Courses: UPTU 2020 exam helps candidates to seek admission to B.Tech, MBA, MCA, B.Arch, B.Pharma, BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, B.Des and Lateral Entry programs in all Government and Private Institutions located all over Uttar Pradesh.
Level: Test for UPTU 2020 more commonly known as Uttarpradesh State Entrance Eamination(UPSEE).
Authority: Central Admission Board (CAB) has absolute rights for conducting UPTU and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. CAB is an institution that comes under Chairmanship of Vice-Chancellor, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
Affiliation: Total number of affiliated colleges under UPTU exam was 49 in the year 2000 which has now gone up to 587.
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed in class XII or equivalent exam from any recognized institution in UP can apply for UPTU and also candidates whose parents are residing in UP can also apply. While these are one of the basic Eligibility Criteria candidates should also clear other Eligibility Criteria set by CAB.
Enrollment: Currently around 4,00,000 students are studying in various programs in colleges/institutions which are affiliated to UPTU 2020.
Exam Format: UPTU 2020 will consist of 11 papers and candidates need to select papers and courses for which they are seeking admission through UPTU 2020 entrance examination.
Highlights of UPTU exam is given in below tabular format:
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Central Admission Board (CAB)|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Examination Date||April 21, 2020 and May 5, 2020|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Marking Scheme||For Correct Answer (+) 4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Lateral Entry||B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ MCA|
|Paper Medium||English & Hindi|
UPTU 2020 Exam Dates
For UPTU, Central Admission Board will release application form on January 23, 2020 (tentative). Students can visit official website and fill application form and submit it before March 25, 2020. UPTU Exam Dates along with other Important Dates are in following table:
|Events||Important Dates (tentative)|
|Application Form Start date||January 23, 2020|
|Application Form Ends date||March 25, 2020|
|Admit Card date||April 15, 2020|
|UPTU Exam Date||April 21, 2020 to May 5, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Result||June 3, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling Date||June 25, 2020|
Note: These dates are tentative and are subject to change under authority of CAB. Exam dates will be notified here once there is clarification of dates in official website.
UPTU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should clear eligibility criteria set by CAB for UPTU else they will get rejected. Some of important criteria parameters that should be notified before appearing in UPTU exam are specified in below tabular format:
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
|Education Qualification||B.Tech: Candidates who have completed 10+2 level examination with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 45% aggregate (40% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply for UPTU 2020 B.Tech courses.|
|MBA: Candidates who have passed Bachelors degree course of minimum 3 years duration with minimum marks of 50% aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply for MBA course in UPTU 2020 examination.|
|Domicile||Candidates must have passed qualifying examination from any institution located in Uttar Pradesh or whose parents have UP as their domicile|
UPTU 2020 Syllabus
Since UPTU is offering courses in various fields, syllabus for UPTU for each course will vary. Syllabus for candidates who are aspiring to take undergraduate courses and MBA course are as follows.
Undergraduate Courses: UPTU 2020 syllabus consists of questions related to physics, chemistry, and mathematics topics of class 11th and class 12th syllabus will be asked in paper 1 of UPTU 2020 examination.
MBA: Candidates seeking admission to MBA program should attempt paper-9 of UPTU 2020 which is an aptitude test. It consists of questions related to English Language, Numerical Aptitude, Thinking and Decision Making, General Awareness.
How to prepare for UPTU 2020?
Preparation is one of the best methods to achieve success and to secure good rank in exam point of view. Aspirants who are willing to give UPTU exam should be well prepared and they should follow specific strategies to crack this exam. Important strategies for preparing for UPTU 2020 are specified below:
- Plan properly: Planning is very important for exam preparation and for this purpose fixed time table should be maintained and candidates need to revise subjects on a daily basis. Apart from this Candidates need to go through previous year question paper and detailed syllabus of UPTU and give preference to repeated questions and topics. There are many study materials available easily and you should go through them to have an overview of different topics related with UPTU exam. Candidates should give more importance on topics if they find it difficult and should work on it to make them strong.
- Speed: Apart from proper planning speed and accuracy should be maintained in solving question papers within a specific time period.
- Mock tests: Mock tests and proper evaluation are very important to get good rank in UPTU exam. Aspirants who are going to appear for UPTU exam should give mock tests before commencement of exam for rectification of mistakes as if any and also to increase confidence level.
- Marking Scheme: There is no negative marking in UPTU 2020 examination.
UPTU 2020 Exam Pattern
While preparing for UPTU exam it is important to know exam pattern and highlights of UPTU Exam Pattern is given below in tabular format:
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Language of exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Total marks||600 marks|
|Total sections||3 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics|
|Total number of questions in the exam||150 and the marks are equally distributed among the 3 sections.|
Marking scheme of exam
|For every correct answer - 4 marks will be awarded|
|For wrong answers – there is no negative marking|
|For unanswered questions – no marks will be awarded|
UPTU 2020 Registration
Once the application form is released on official website, candidates can start to apply for UPTU 2020 registration. They can visit the website, and have to fill UPTU Application Form Details and submit it. Online form filling for UPTU is from January 23, 2020 and last date of submission of Application Form is on March 25, 2020.
How to apply for UPTU 2020?
Once CAB releases application form for UPTU candidates need to follow specific steps for form filling and stepwise procedure is highlighted below:
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit official website for registration.
- Step 2: After registering in official website you will receive your credentials in your registered email.
- Step 3: After getting credentials you need to log in with your registered email and enter all the required details.
- Step 4: You have to upload scanned copy of your photo and signature.
- Step 5: After uploading scanned copy you have to pay application fee by debit card/credit card/net banking.
Once you have followed all above mentioned steps and submitted your application form your application process is complete and can expect your admit card on April 15, 2020 (tentative).
UPTU Application Form 2020
Candidates should be aware of some of important details about the UPTU Application Form. Specifications about application form is highlighted below:
- Dates: UPTU 2020 registration process starts from January 23, 2020 and ends on March 25, 2020 (tentative).
- Registration: For Online registration, Candidates have to first register by entering their full name, mobile number, and email id and after that, they will receive their credentials which are login id and password. After getting login id and password they can log in and start filling UPTU Application Form.
- Details: Candidates need to fill their personal details including Adhaar card number and academic details after logging in.
- Necessary Documents: Candidates have to upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature. Dimension ad size of these documents are specified in the following table:
|Size||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Maximum Size||100 KB||30 KB|
- Fee Payment: Once Application Process is successfully completed and examination fee is paid, confirmation page will get generated.
Candidates should keep a note of specifications of Application Fee given in tabular format below:
|Mode of UPTU Application Form 2020||Online|
|Application Fees||Male/General/OBC- INR 1300/- Female/SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- INR 650/-|
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only.|
UPTU 2020 Important Documents
Before you apply for UPTU you should have some documents with you. Various documents that you might need to apply for UPTU are as follows:
|Aadhaar Card||You shall have to provide your Aadhaar Number for UPTU 2020 Registration|
|Email ID||Provide your personal email id; If you do not have a personal id then it is advised to create one|
|Mobile Number||Provide your personal or parent’s mobile number|
|Scanned image of the Photo||As per the specifications and format|
|Scanned image of the Signature||As per the specifications and format|
|Class 10th Certificate or its equivalent exam certificate||Your name and date of birth should be as given in it|
|Class 10th Marksheet||To fill in academic information in UPTU Form|
|Class 12th Marksheet, if applicable||To fill in academic information|
UPTU Admit Card 2020
Admit card will be released online by CAB on April 15, 2020 (tentative). Candidates can download UPTU 2020 Admit Card by logging into the official website. On the exam day, candidates must carry any one of the following ID proofs: Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Driving License/Passport along with UPTU 2020 Admit Card.
Note: In case of any discrepancy in particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph/signature shown in admit card and Confirmation Page, candidate must immediately approach authority to avoid any inconvenience on the day of the exam.
How to download UPTU Admit Card?
CAB will release admit card on April 15, 2020 (tentative). If you have completed application process, then you can follow these steps to download admit card.
- Step 1: You should visit official website and click on "Download Admit card for UPTU".
- Step 2: After clicking on download admit card you will be redirected to a login page where you have to enter your credentials and click on "sign-in" Icon.
- Step 3: UPTU Admit Card will be displayed on screen where you have to click on download.
- Step 4: After downloading is over candidates should take a print out which is of utmost necessity in exam hall.
UPTU Exam Centres 2020
UPTU 2020 will be conducted in 41 centres in Uttar Pradesh and 8 centres in the other States. Candidates may choose only one exam centre of their choice, according to their convenience.
CAB will allocate exam centre based on vacancy in exam center and choice of candidate. However, in extraordinary circumstances, a different city or nearby exam centre may be allotted.
Note: Candidates must carry valid id proof along with admit card to exam centre. If candidates fail to produce admit card and ID proof upon request then they will not be allowed to write UPTU 2020.
Exam Centres for UPTU which will be conducted through pen and paper are tabulated below:
|S.No.||AKTU/UPTU/UPTU 2020 Exam Centre Table-I (OMR Based Test) [For Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4]|
|1||UPTU exam centres for Cities in Uttar Pradesh State||Agra|
|31||Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)|
|42||UPTU exam centres for cities in the Other States||Bhopal|
Exam Centres for some subjects which will be conducted as an online or computer-based test (CBT) are tabulated below:
|Sl. No.||UPTU 2020 Exam Center Table-II (Computer Based Test) [For Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11]|
Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/ Greater Noida)
UPTU Results 2020?
UPTU 2020 Results will be declared on June 3, 2020 along with answer keys and merit list. Candidates can visit official website to check UPTU 2020 Result.
Note: Based on performance of candidates a separate merit list will be prepared for each course. UPTU 2020 score-card will contain marks obtained in each subject and also merit position/rank.
How to check UPTU Results 2020?
Results for UPTU will be released on official website. UPTU 2020 Results will be released on June 3, 2020 (tentative). Candidates can follow the below highlighted steps to check their results.
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit official website and click on "Result" link.
- Step 2: Now you will be redirected to a login page where you have to enter your credentials which are your application number and date of birth and after that click on sign-in icon.
- Step 3: Results will be displayed on the screen. Click on download. Take printout in an A4 size sheet.
UPTU Cut off 2020
Cut off is minimum qualifying marks candidates need to score in UPTU 2020 examination to be eligible for counselling process. UPTU 2020 Cut off will be different according to Category, Institute, and Courses. Cut off help candidates to select colleges and courses during UPTU 2020 Counselling process.
Factors which determine cutoff criteria are specified as below:
- Number of students appeared in examination.
- Number of students qualified in examination.
- Total Marks obtained.
- Exam difficulty level.
- Availability of seats.
- Number of Participating Universities.
- Performance of candidates.
UPTU Counselling 2020
Candidates who will feature in merit list would be called for document verification process. After document verification, candidates would be allowed to take part in registration and choice locking process.
Commencement of UPTU 2020 Counselling registration and filling choice of preferred colleges along with courses will begin on June 25, 2020.
UPTU has some reservation criteria where different percentage of seats will be allocated for categories like SC/ST and other backward classes. Highlights of seat allocation for different categories are specified below:
|Other Backward classes||27 percent|
UPTU 2020 Courses Offered
Courses offered and duration of the respective courses are listed in below table format:
|Course Offered by UPTU||Course Duration|
|Bachelor of Technology||4 years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 years|
|Bachelor of Architecture||5 years|
|Bachelor of Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fashion & Apparel Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts||4 years|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years|
|Master of Computer Application||2 years|
|MBA (Integrated)||5 years|
|MCA (Integrated)||5 years|
UPTU 2020 Guidelines
Candidates need to follow specific guidelines before appearing for UPTU/UPTU exam and specification of guidelines are highlighted below:
- No candidate will be allowed to enter UPTU 2020 examination hall 15 minutes after the commencement of UPTU exam.
- Candidate is supposed to paste a recent, clear passport size photograph similar to that on the confirmation page, in space provided on the UPTU 2020 admit card and get it duly attested by the Principal/Head of the institution last attended or by any Gazetted Officer.
- Candidate also has to bring two passport size photograph to UPTU/AKTU 2020 exam centre and submit it to the invigilator in examination hall.
- Signature and left thumb impression of candidates in UPTU 2020 admit card should match with the database retained by invigilator in the exam hall.
- Candidate should use only black ball pen while writing UPTU 2020 examination, to fill the entries on question booklet and on OMR Answer Sheet.
- Each question booklet is related to corresponding OMR answer sheet kept inside the question booklet. Changing of OMR answer sheet of one set to another is strictly prohibited and shall be punishable under law.
- Use of calculators, log table, communication devices such as cellular phones is not allowed in the UPTU 2020 examination Hall.
- A candidate is advised to check the details printed on the UPTU 2020 admit card regarding Name/Gender/DOB/Category/Weightage/Domicile etc. In case of any discrepancy, then candidate is advised to report to invigilators in the examination hall during the examination.
- Candidate should note that if his/her photograph/signature printed on UPTU 2020 admit card is blurred or incorrect or not visible then she/he must report to nodal centre in the city of examination allotted to her/him for issuance of duplicate admit card.
UPTU Contact Details
Individuals who wish to get in touch with the Board can make use of any of the following means to communicate with UPTU 2020 authorities. Contact details are as follows:
- Address: The Registrar, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, Pincode – 226 021 (U.P.), India.
- Phone: 0522 – 2732193
- Fax: 0522 – 2732185
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Website: https://aktu.ac.in
- Toll-free Help Desk Number: 1800 180 0161 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- E-Mail: UPTU.helpdesk.aktu.ac.in
Q. Are UPTU, UPSEE and AKTU same?
Ans. Yes, they are the same exam.
Q. How is its Counselling process?
Ans. UPTU Counselling is based on good rank obtained in UPTU. Students will be allotted seats based on their rank in the college of their desire.
Q. What is date of UPTU Exam 2020?
Ans. Exam date of UPTU/AKTU will be on April 21, 2020. Dates of exam are tentative and may vary.
Q. Is the counselling process online?
Ans. Yes, its counselling is conducted online.
Q. How can I get admission in UPTU?
Ans. You can get admission in UPTU into various bachelor and MBA/MCA courses through UPTU Exam.
Q. Is domicile required for UPTU?
Ans. Yes, candidates or candidates' parents should be domicile for Uttar Pradesh.
Q.What is the full form of UPTU?
Ans. Full form is the UPTU is Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination.
Q. Is there any negative marking?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking for this exam.
Q. Is UPTU Counselling fees refundable?
Ans. Yes, the counselling fee is refundable. If you are allotted a seat and have attended multiple rounds then Rs. 2000 will be deducted for each round and if you are not allotted a seat then your full amount will be refundable.