If you have finished your Class XII or looking forward to doing B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Des/ B Pharm/ BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ B.Voc/ MBA/ MCA/ M.Tech in Uttar Pradesh then UPTU is an exam for you. It is also known as UPTU Exam. Read the following sections to know how you can get into your preferred course in Uttar Pradesh through UPTU.
Latest News on UPTU 2020
- September 20, 2020: The UPTU Answer Keys for all the papers have been released. Click here to download the answer keys.
- September 10, 2020: The UPTU 2020 Admit Card is released by the conducting authority. Candidates will need to log in to download the admit cards. Click here for the direct link.
- August 21, 2020: The UPTU 2020 Exam Results for the MTech/MPharm/MArch/MDes/MURP are announced. Click here to check the results now.
- What is the UPTU (AKTU) Exam?
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Exam Date
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Notification
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Eligibility
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Syllabus
- UPTU (AKTU) Preparation
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Exam Pattern
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Registration
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Application Form
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Admit Card
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Exam Centres
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Result
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Cut Off
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Counselling
- UPTU (AKTU) 2020 Courses Offered
- UPTU Exam Guidelines
- Contact Details
What is the UPTU Exam?
UPTU is a state-level entrance examination conducted in the state of Uttar Pradesh for admission in Engineering, biotechnology, management and other courses and this exam is conducted in both online (Computer-based Test) and offline (Pen & Paper-based Test). Mode of exam will depend on paper which candidate is going to write.
UPTU is conducted by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Uttar Pradesh Technical University and it was established by Government of Uttar Pradesh in Lucknow in the year 2000. University has been sub-divided into five zones with 150-160 colleges in each zone.
Courses: UPTU 2020 entrance exam helps candidates to seek admission to B.Tech, MBA, MCA, B.Arch, B.Pharma, BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, B.Des and Lateral Entry programs in all Government and Private Institutions located all over Uttar Pradesh.
Level: Test for UPTU 2020 more commonly known as Uttarpradesh State Entrance Examination(UPSEE).
Authority: Central Admission Board (CAB) has absolute rights for conducting UPTU and to decide about modalities of admissions and allotment of seats. CAB is an institution that comes under Chairmanship of Vice-Chancellor, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow
Affiliation: Total number of affiliated colleges under UPTU exam was 49 in the year 2000 which has now gone up to 587.
Eligibility: Candidates who have passed in class XII or equivalent exam from any recognized institution in UP can apply for UPTU and also candidates whose parents are residing in UP can also apply. While these are one of the basic Eligibility Criteria candidates should also clear other Eligibility Criteria set by CAB.
Enrollment: Currently around 4,00,000 students are studying in various programs in colleges/institutions which are affiliated to UPTU 2020.
Exam Format: UPTU 2020 will consist of 11 papers and candidates need to select papers and courses for which they are seeking admission through UPTU 2020 entrance examination.
Highlights of UPTU entrance exam is given in below tabular format:
|Exam Full Form||Uttar Pradesh Technical University Exam|
|Acronym||UPTU / AKTU|
|Conducting Body||Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|UPTU 2020 Marking Scheme||For Correct Answer (+) 4 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Lateral Entry||B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ MCA|
|Paper Medium||English & Hindi|
UPTU 2020 Exam Date
For UPTU, Central Admission Board will release application form on January 27, 2020 (tentative). Students can visit the official website and fill the application form and submit it before August 9, 2020. Post the successful submission of the application candidates will be notified about the exam date and the date of the release of the admit card for the UPTU 2020 exam. The UPTU 2020 Exam is scheduled to be conducted on September 20, 2020 by its organizing body. Candidates can keep a track of the events and further updates by regularly checking in this page. UPTU Exam Dates along with other Important Dates are in the following table:
|Application Form Start date||January 27, 2020|
|UPTU 2020 Application Form Last date||August 9, 2020|
|Online Form Correction||March 18 to June 3, 2020|
|Application Form Correction Window - Exam Centres||July 20 to July 26, 2020|
|Extended Registration Window||July 29 to August 9, 2020|
|Admit Card date||September 10, 2020|
|UPTU Exam Date||September 20, 2020 (New Date)|
|UPTU 2020 Result||To be announced|
|UPTU 2020 Counselling Date||
To be announced
Note: These dates are tentative and are subject to change under the authority of CAB. Exam dates will be notified here once there is a clarification of dates in the official website. Candidates should regularly check into this page for confirmation on the dates of the examination and other associated events of the UPTU 2020.
UPTU 2020 Notification
The UPTU 2020 Notification was released by its organizing body, the APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University and CAB, on their official websites. The application process and registration of the UPTU 2020 began on January 27, 2020 and ended on August 9, 2020. The Examination is scheduled to be organized on September 20, 2020 and the UPTU 2020 Admit Card will be released a few days prior to the examination. Candidates should visit this page regularly to keep a check on the events and for further updates about the examination and other associated events.
UPTU 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should clear eligibility criteria set by CAB for UPTU else they will get rejected. Candidates should make sure to check the necessary eligibility criteria and make sure that they meet the requirements for getting selected for the next step in the examination process. Some of the important criteria parameters that should be notified before appearing in UPTU exam are specified in below tabular format:
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
|Education Qualification||B.Tech: Candidates who have completed 10+2 level examination with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 45% aggregate (40% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply for UPTU 2020 B.Tech courses.|
|MBA: Candidates who have passed a Bachelors's degree course of minimum 3 years duration with minimum marks of 50% aggregate (45% for reserved category candidates) are eligible to apply for an MBA course in UPTU 2020 examination.|
|Domicile||Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination from any institution located in Uttar Pradesh or whose parents have UP as their domicile|
UPTU 2020 Syllabus
The UPTU 2020 Syllabus is released and stated by its organizing body, APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. It is very important for the candidates to go through the syllabus prior to starting the preparation for the UPTU 2020 Exam. Knowing and understanding the syllabus helps the candidates to get an overview of the topics and its outline in the subjects. They will be able to prepare on the basis of this distribution and plan accordingly. Candidates can keep a close track of the events associated with the UPTU 2020 Syllabus by regularly checking-in with this page, for further updates and information.
Since UPTU is offering courses in various fields, the syllabus for UPTU for each course will vary. Syllabus for candidates who are aspiring to take undergraduate courses and MBA course are as follows:
Undergraduate Courses: UPTU 2020 syllabus consists of questions related to physics, chemistry, and mathematics topics of class 11th and class 12th syllabus will be asked in paper 1 of UPTU 2020 entrance examination.
The Syllabus for the UPTU 2020 Exam can be categorized on the basis of the type of exam the candidates are planning to take up. Based on the subjects, the overview of the syllabus is termed and mentioned as shown below. The main subjects are as follows:
- Motion in one dimension:
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in two dimensions
- Work, Power and Energy
- Linear Momentum & collisions
- Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Oscillatory motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Ray Optics and optical instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
- Nuclear Instability
- Classification of conductors
- Principles of Logic Gates (AND, OR and NOT):
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid-Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Periodic Table
- Preparation and Properties of the following
- General Organic Chemistry
- Preparation and Properties Of Followings
- Solid State
- Coordinate Geometry
Biology (Zoology and Botany)
- Origin of Life:
- Organic Evolution
- Mechanism of Organic Evolution
- Human Genetics and Eugenics
- Applied Biology
- Mammalian Anatomy
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Excretion and Osmoregulation
- Respiratory system
- Nervous systems
- Endocrine System
- Circulatory System
- Animal Diversity
- Plant Cell
- Seeds in angiospermous plants
- Cell differentiation Plant Tissue
- Anatomy of Root, stem and leaf
- Important phyla
Other subjects and detailed syllabus is mentioned in the UPTU 2020 syllabus link given above.
MBA: Candidates seeking admission to the MBA program should attempt paper-9 of UPTU 2020 which is an aptitude test. It consists of questions related to English Language, Numerical Aptitude, Thinking and Decision Making, General Awareness.
How to prepare for UPTU 2020?
Preparation is one of the best methods to achieve success and to secure a good rank in the exam. Aspirants who are willing to give the UPTU exam should be well prepared and they should follow specific strategies to crack this exam. Important strategies for preparing for UPTU 2020 are specified below:
- Plan properly: Planning is very important for exam preparation and for this purpose fixed time table should be maintained and candidates need to revise subjects daily. Apart from this Candidates need to go through the previous year's question paper and detailed syllabus of UPTU and give preference to repeated questions and topics. There are many study materials available easily and you should go through them to have an overview of different topics related to the UPTU exam. Candidates should give more importance on topics if they find it difficult and should work on it to make them strong.
- Speed: Apart from proper planning speed and accuracy should be maintained in solving question papers within a specific period.
- Mock tests: Mock tests and proper evaluation are very important to get a good rank in UPTU exam. Aspirants who are going to appear for the UPTU exam should give mock tests before the commencement of the exam for rectification of mistakes as if any and also to increase confidence level.
- Marking Scheme: There is no negative marking in UPTU 2020 examination.
UPTU 2020 Exam Pattern
While preparing for the UPTU entrance exam it is important to know the exam pattern. Candidates will get an idea about the type and distribution of questions in the question paper and can prepare accordingly. Candidates can check the highlights of UPTU Exam Pattern and Question Paper Pattern below in the tabular format:
The detailed overview of the UPTU 2020 Exam pattern is given below in the table.
|Mode of exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Language of exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of exam||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Total marks||600 marks|
|Total sections||3 sections viz. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics|
|Total number of questions in the exam||150 and the marks are equally distributed among the 3 sections.|
Marking scheme of exam
|For every correct answer - 4 marks will be awarded|
|For wrong answers – there is no negative marking|
|For unanswered questions – no marks will be awarded or deducted|
Question Paper Pattern
The details of the individual papers and subjects are provided in the table below.
|Paper||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry, and Maths||50 MCQs of each subject (total 150)||600|
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology||50 MCQs of each subject (total 150)||600|
Aptitude test for Arch. and Design
|50 MCQs of each Maths and AS (total 100), and 2 questions to test drawing aptitude||600|
|Paper 4||Aptitude test for General Awareness
|100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 5||Aptitude test for B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral entry)/ 2nd year MCA (lateral entry)||100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 6||Aptitude test for MBA/MCA||100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (lateral entry)||100 MCQs in total||400|
|Paper 8||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (lateral entry)||!00 MCQs in total||400|
UPTU 2020 Registration
Once the application form is released on the official website, candidates can start to apply for UPTU 2020 registration. They can visit the website, and have to fill UPTU Application Form Details and submit it. Online form filling for UPTU is from January 27, 2020 and the last date of submission of Application Form is on August 9, 2020. Candidates are required to go through the instructions carefully before filling in the necessary details in the registration process. It is required that the candidates should make sure to clear the eligibility criteria laid down by the CAB in order for the application to be validated.
How to apply for UPTU 2020?
Once CAB releases application form for UPTU candidates need to follow specific steps for form filling and the stepwise procedure is highlighted below:
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website for registration.
- Step 2: After registering on the official website you will receive your credentials in your registered email.
- Step 3: After getting credentials you need to log in with your registered email and enter all the required details.
- Step 4: You have to upload a scanned copy of your photo and signature.
- Step 5: After uploading scanned copy you have to pay the application fee by debit card/credit card/net banking.
Once you have followed all the above-mentioned steps and submitted your application form your application process is complete and can expect your admit card on September 10, 2020 (tentative). Candidates are required to keep a track of the updates and notifications related to the dates and schedules of the examination associated events.
UPTU 2020 Application Form
Candidates should be aware of some of the important details about the UPTU Application Form. It is required for the candidates to check and go through the details and information before filling up the application form. Specifications and details for UPTU 2020 Application Form are highlighted below for the candidates to check.
- Dates: UPTU 2020 registration process starts from January 27, 2020 and ends on August 9, 2020 (tentative). Candidates are required to check for the updates regularly.
- Registration: For Online Registration, Candidates have to first register by entering their full name, mobile number, and email id, and after that, they will receive their credentials which are login id and password. After getting a login id and password they can log in and start filling the UPTU Application Form.
- Details: Candidates need to fill their details including Adhaar card number and academic details after logging in.
- Necessary Documents: Candidates have to upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature. Dimension ad size of these documents are specified in the following table:
|Size||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Maximum Size||100 KB||30 KB|
- Fee Payment: Once Application Process is completed and the examination fee is paid, the confirmation page will get generated. Candidates can take a screenshot of the same for future reference.
Application Form Fee
Candidates should keep a note of specifications of Application Fee given in tabular format below:
|Mode of UPTU Application Form 2020||Online|
Male/General/OBC- INR 1300
Female/SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- INR 650
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only.|
UPTU 2020 Important Documents
Before you apply for UPTU you should have some documents with you. Various documents that you might need to apply for UPTU are as follows:
|Aadhaar Card||You shall have to provide your Aadhaar Number for UPTU 2020 Registration|
|Email ID||Provide your email id; If you do not have a personal id then it is advised to create one|
|Mobile Number||Provide your personal or parent’s mobile number|
|Scanned image of the Photo||As per the specifications and format|
|Scanned image of the Signature||As per the specifications and format|
|Class 10th Certificate or its equivalent exam certificate||Your name and date of birth should be as given in it|
|Class 10th Marksheet||To fill in academic information in UPTU Form|
|Class 12th Marksheet, if applicable||To fill in academic information|
UPTU 2020 Admit Card
UPTU 2020 Admit card will be released online by CAB on the official website. Candidates can download UPTU 2020 Admit Card by logging into the official website. On the exam day, candidates must carry any one of the following ID proofs: Voter ID/PAN Card/Aadhar Card/Driving License/Passport along with UPTU 2020 Admit Card.
Note: In case of any discrepancy in particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph/signature shown in admit card and Confirmation Page, the candidate must immediately approach authority to avoid any inconvenience on the day of the exam.
How to download UPTU Admit Card?
CAB will release the admit card on the official website. If you have completed the application process, then you can follow these steps to download the admit card.
- Step 1: You should visit the official website and click on "Download Admit card for UPTU".
- Step 2: After clicking on download admit card you will be redirected to a login page where you have to enter your credentials and click on "sign-in" Icon.
- Step 3: UPTU Admit Card will be displayed on the screen where you have to click on download.
- Step 4: After downloading is over candidates should take a print out which is of utmost necessity in the exam hall.
UPTU 2020 Exam Centres
UPTU 2020 will be conducted in 41 centres in Uttar Pradesh and 8 centres in the other States. Candidates may choose only one exam centre of their choice, according to their convenience and vicinity.
CAB will allocate the exam centre based on vacancies in the exam centre and choice of candidate. However, in extraordinary circumstances, a different city or nearby exam centre may be allotted.
Note: Candidates must carry valid id proof along with admit card to the exam centre. If candidates fail to produce admit card and ID proof upon request then they will not be allowed to write UPTU 2020.
The UPTU 2020 Exam Centres is conducted in various cities within the state of Uttar Pradesh. The Exam centres which will be conducted through pen and paper are tabulated below for the cities of Uttar Pradesh.
AKTU/UPTU 2020 Exam Centre Table-I (OMR Based Test) [For Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4]
Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)
UPTU 2020 Exam Centres are also present in major cities outside the Uttar Pradesh State. The below given tabulated column depicts the Exam Centres in other states.
AKTU/UPTU 2020 Exam Centre Table-I (OMR Based Test) [For Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 and Paper 4]
Certain UPTU 2020 Exam Centres allow candidates to take up computer-based tests. Those Exam Centres for specific subjects which will be conducted as an online or computer-based test (CBT) are tabulated below:
AKTU/UPTU 2020 Exam Center Table-II (Computer Based Test) [For Paper 5, Paper 6, Paper 7, Paper 8, Paper 9, Paper 10 and Paper 11]
Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/ Greater Noida)
UPTU 2020 Results
UPTU 2020 Results will be declared along with the answer keys and merit list. Candidates should be aware of the fact that the UPTU 2020 Results are entirely based on the performance of the candidates. Therefore, they need to prepare very well, prior to attending the exam and perform well during the exam. Candidates can visit the official website to check UPTU 2020 Result.
Note: Based on the performance of candidates a separate merit list will be prepared for each course. UPTU 2020 score-card will contain marks obtained in each subject and also merit position/rank.
How to check UPTU Results 2020?
Results for UPTU will be released on the official website. Candidates can follow the below-highlighted steps to check their results.
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website and click on "Result" link.
- Step 2: Now you will be redirected to a login page where you have to enter your credentials which are your application number and date of birth and after that click on the sign-in icon.
- Step 3: Results will be displayed on the screen. Click on download. Take printout in an A4 size sheet.
It is best if the candidates regularly check into this page for further updates and information associated with the results and other events.
UPTU 2020 Cut off
Cut off is minimum qualifying marks candidates need to score in UPTU 2020 examination to be eligible for the counselling process. UPTU 2020 Cut off will be different according to Category, Institute, and Courses. Cut off help candidates to select colleges and courses during UPTU 2020 Counselling process.
Factors which determine cutoff criteria are specified as below:
- The number of students appeared in the examination.
- The number of students qualified in the examination.
- Total Marks obtained.
- Exam difficulty level.
- Availability of seats.
- the number of Participating Universities.
- Performance of candidates.
UPTU 2020 Counselling
Candidates who will feature in merit list would be called for the document verification process. After document verification, candidates would be allowed to take part in the registration and choice locking process.
Commencement of UPTU 2020 Counselling registration and filling choice of preferred colleges along with courses will begin on the date yet to be announced.
UPTU has some reservation criteria where the different percentage of seats will be allocated for categories like SC/ST and other backward classes. Highlights of seat allocation for different categories are specified below:
|SC||21 per cent|
|ST||2 per cent|
|Other Backward classes||27 per cent|
UPTU 2020 Courses Offered
Courses offered and duration of the respective courses are listed in below table format:
|Course Offered by UPTU||Course Duration|
|Bachelor of Technology||4 years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy||4 years|
|Bachelor of Architecture||5 years|
|Bachelor of Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fashion & Apparel Design||4 years|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts||4 years|
|Master of Business Administration||2 years|
|Master of Computer Application||2 years|
|MBA (Integrated)||5 years|
|MCA (Integrated)||5 years|
UPTU 2020 Guidelines
Candidates need to follow specific guidelines before appearing for UPTU exam and specification of guidelines are highlighted below:
- No candidate will be allowed to enter UPTU 2020 examination hall 15 minutes after the commencement of UPTU exam.
- The candidate is supposed to paste a recent, clear passport size photograph similar to that on the confirmation page, in space provided on the UPTU 2020 admit card and get it duly attested by the Principal/Head of the institution last attended or by any Gazetted Officer.
- The candidate also has to bring two passport size photographs to the UPTU 2020 exam centre and submit it to the invigilator in the examination hall.
- Signature and left thumb impression of candidates in UPTU 2020 admit card should match with the database retained by the invigilator in the exam hall.
- Candidate should use only a black ball pen while writing UPTU 2020 examination, to fill the entries on question booklet and OMR Answer Sheet.
- Each question booklet is related to corresponding OMR answer sheet kept inside the question booklet. Changing of OMR answer sheet of one set to another is strictly prohibited and shall be punishable under law.
- Use of calculators, log table, communication devices such as cellular phones is not allowed in the UPTU 2020 examination Hall.
- A candidate is advised to check the details printed on the UPTU 2020 admit card regarding Name/Gender/DOB/Category/Weightage/Domicile etc. In case of any discrepancy, then-candidate is advised to report to invigilators in the examination hall during the examination.
- Candidate should note that if his/her photograph/signature printed on UPTU 2020 admit card is blurred or incorrect or not visible then she/he must report to nodal centre in the city of examination allotted to her/him for issuance of duplicate admit card.
UPTU Contact Details
Individuals who wish to get in touch with the Board can make use of any of the following means to communicate with UPTU 2020 authorities. Contact details are as follows:
- Address: The Registrar, Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh IET Campus, Sitapur Road, Lucknow, Pincode – 226 021 (U.P.), India.
- Phone: 0522 – 2732193
- Fax: 0522 – 2732185
- E-Mail: [email protected]
- Website: https://aktu.ac.in
- Toll-free Help Desk Number: 1800 180 0161 (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- E-Mail: UPTU.helpdesk.aktu.ac.in