Get admission into top Private and Government Institutions of Odisha with help of OJEE 2020. Every year 3 Lakh people attend the exam for admission into various courses like B.Tech, BDS, B.Pharm, B.Arch, MBA, MCA, PGDM, etc. Want to know how to crack the OJEE exam? Find preparation tips and other relevant details below.
- What is OJEE?
- OJEE Exam Dates
- OJEE Eligibility Criteria
- What is Syllabus for OJEE?
- How to prepare for OJEE?
- OJEE Exam Pattern
- How to apply for OJEE?
- OJEE Admit Card
- OJEE Results
- OJEE FAQ'S
- Related Exams
What is OJEE?
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) is a State Level Entrance Examination conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) for admission into various fields in Undergraduate, Postgraduate Level, Professional courses in Odisha. Government, Medical and other management institutions offer admissions through this exam.Odisha Joint Entrance Examination committee is formed on recommendation of Policy Planning Body with due approval by Government (Skill Development and Technical Education Department) following resolution no: I-TTE-45/2013-842/ETET dated 04.07.2013 for purpose of holding Common Entrance Examinations for admission to Undergraduate/Postgraduate Level Professional Courses in State of Odisha.
Note: Earlier there used to be two separate tests for medical colleges and engineering colleges, difference being that medical test has Biology paper while engineering test has Mathematics paper. Now due to introduction of NEET, MBBS course is not being offered by OJEE exam.
Conducting Body: OJEE exam is conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) every year. OJEE 2020 is also being conducted by the same.
Level: OJEE is a state-government controlled Centralized Examination which will be conducted in all major cities across India.
Courses Offered: OJEE offers admission to Undergraduate Courses in (Lateral Entry) Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Postgraduate courses like MBA, MCA, MCA (Lateral Entry), M.Tech, M.Plan, M.Arch, M.Pharm, and Integrated MBA in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-financed Institutes in the State.
Highlights of OJEE exam is given in table format specified below:
|Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB)|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Registration Fee||Form A, B, C, D, F - INR 1000/-Form E - INR 1500/-|
|Duration||MBA: 2 hours BAMS, BHMS: 3 hours B.Pharma, B.Pharma (Lateral Entry): 3 hours MCA/ Lateral Entry MCA: 2 hours Lateral entry B.Tech: 1 hour.|
|OJEE Marking Scheme||For each correct answer (+) 4 marks.For each wrong answer (-) 1 marks.|
|Language of Paper||English|
OJEE 2020 Exam Dates
OJEE Exam will be held in both paper-based mode (PBT) and computer-based mode (CBT). Notification for OJEE 2020 will release in month of January 2020. Candidates need to check out important dates for OJEE exam such that they should not miss out on any of important events and dates related with OJEE exam 2020.
Tentative OJEE Dates are mentioned in the table below:
|Release of Application Form Online||January 31, 2020|
|Last date of Application Form submission||March 20, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card for PBT||April 20, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card for CBT||29th May 2020|
|Exam date for Paper-based Test||May 18, 2020|
|Exam date for Computer-based Test||8th May 2020|
|Result||June 19, 2020|
|Counselling date||June 23, 2020|
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020
Before appearing for OJEE 2020 exam candidates need to cross hurdle of eligibility scenario to appear for exam. Eligibility criteria for OJEE exam 2020 is highlighted below:
|Educational qualification||For Bachelor's must have passed 10+2 from Odisha board or any other state in India, with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects. For Postgraduate must have Bachelor's degree|
|Reservation||5% Reservation for SC/ST and PWD(Person with Disabilities)|
OJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria is different for different courses and eligibility criteria for different courses is mentioned below:
|Course||Minimum Marks Required||OJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria|
SC/ST: Passing marks
Gen: Passing marks
|Candidates must have passed Class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry as main subjects along with Mathematics or Biology subjects. Candidates who have completed 10+2 education under open schooling or non-formal pattern of education are not eligible for admissions to BPharm courses|
|Lateral Entry B.Tech||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST: 40% marks
|Candidates should have completed Diploma in Engineering for admissions to LE BTech courses|
|Lateral Entry B.Pharm||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST: 40% marks
|Candidates should have completed Diploma in Pharmacy for admissions to Lateral Entry B.Pharm courses|
Gen: 50% marks
SC/ST: 45% marks
|Candidates must have completed a 3-years or 4-years bachelor degree in any stream|
|MCA / Lateral Entry MCA||
Gen: 50% marks
SC/ST: 45% marks
Candidates holding a bachelor degree in BCA/BA/BCom/BSc are eligible for admissions to MCA course. They must have studied Mathematics at Class 12th level
Note: Business Mathematics will not be considered equivalent to Mathematics subject
|Integrated MBA (5-years BBA+MBA)||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST – 40% marks
|Candidates must have qualified Class 12th in any stream i.e. Science/Commerce/Arts/Humanities|
Genl: 50% marks
SC/ST: 45% marks
For M.Tech – Candidates must have completed B.Tech degree or equivalent bachelor degree.
For M.Arch - Candidates must have completed a bachelor degree in Architecture stream.
M.Plan - Candidates must have completed a bachelor degree in Architecture, Planning, Civil Engineering or a post-graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Environmental Science, Statistics, Social Work with specialization in Community Development and Rural Development, Anthropology, Sociology, and Geography.
Gen: 55% marks
SC/ST: 50% marks
|Candidates should have completed a bachelor degree in Pharmacy or relevant subjects|
|Lateral Entry B.Sc||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST: 40% marks
|Candidates must have studied science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in first-year engineering course/diploma. They must have studied Mathematics at Class 12th level.|
OJEE 2020 Syllabus
OJEE 2020 syllabus is different for each course, so aspirants are required to select and prepare for it accordingly. OJEE 2020 syllabus structure is given below:
- B.Sc: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- B.Pharma: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.
- MBA: Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Comprehension, Computer, and Business Fundamentals.
- MCA: Computer Awareness, Mathematics.
- M.Tech/M.Arch: Branch Questions, Engineering Mathematics, and Arithmetic & Logical Reasoning.
In-Depth knowledge of OJEE Syllabus is essential, to attempt paper smoothly.
How to prepare for OJEE 2020?
Preparations for OJEE 2020 can be formulated into following strategies:
- Coaching: This is a method where you can go to a coaching centre to have a better understanding about OJEE exam and also you can get better demonstration and practical knowledge about how to crack OJEE exam 2020.
- Self -Preparation: This is a strategy where you try your best at beating exam alone. Students prefer coaching centres because those centres provide with a schedule and resources to prepare for exam, and in turn, you have to pay for those things. But if you have discipline and determination you could create your own schedule and frame your own resources without paying to any of coaching centres.
- Scavenge Resources: There is a famous quote "A good sculptor cannot sculpt even a small statue without his tools". This same concept goes with preparation of OJEE. You need to have all possible materials that would help you understand and practice questions from exam point of view. Materials for OJEE include reference books, sample question papers, educational videos, and other stuff. If you are able to secure all of exam materials at start you would know what all things you have to go through over specific period of time you have allotted to yourself.
- Time -management: Time management means that you need to create a custom timetable that fits your daily schedule. If you have secured all of materials, you need to integrate those materials into proper time schedule. Make sure to allocate appropriate time to each of exam subjects, less time to the parts you are good at and more time to parts that you are not so good at. But just creating a timetable for sake of creating schedule is of no use if you don't stick to it until you achieve your goal. So you need to make sure that you are strictly adhering your schedule.
OJEE 2020 Exam Pattern
OJEE 2020 is conducted in two different modes, one is paper-based test (PBT) and the other is a computer-based test (CBT). PBT and CBT are conducted in two separate test dates.
General exam pattern for OJEE Exam is mentioned in the below tabular format:
|Type of exam||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration||Differs for every exam|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
Detailed Course wise Exam Pattern is mentioned in below tabular format:
|B.Tech Lateral Entry||Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
|B.Sc Lateral Entry||Mathematics||30|
|Computer and Business Fundamental||10|
|Integrated MBA||Verbal Reasoning||15|
|Architectural concept related||40|
How to apply for OJEE 2020?
Step by step procedure of OJEE 2020 Application process is given below:
- Step 1: You need to go to official website of OJEE https://ojee.nic.in/
- Step 2: After going to official website link you have to click on "Registration" tab.
- Step 3: After clicking on registration tab you have to fill credentials in spaces provided for Application number, password, and captcha. Click on "Log in" option.
- Step 4: You have to input your contact details and academic details like your name, father's name, active mobile number, e-mail address, correspondence address and permanent address.
- Step 5: After filling all details, you have to upload documents
- Step 6: Once upload of documents is finished. Next step will be to pay exam application fee. Application Form will be completed only after paying Application Fee.
- Step 7: Last step is that you have to download confirmation of application form. keep it safe for future use.
How to upload Photo for OJEE 2020?
Step by step procedure for uploading photo is given below:
- Before filling up OJEE Application Form, applicants should be ready with scanned images of his/her coloured photograph, full signature and thumb impression (Left-hand thumb for boys and girls).
- These scanned files are to be uploaded by you during the submission of Application Form.
- Uploaded photograph should be without caps or goggles.
- Spectacles are allowed.
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
OJEE 2020 Registration Fee
Candidates can pay Registration Fee by Debit Card/ credit card (VISA/ MASTER/ Maestro Cards/ Internet Banking) or Remittance through e-Challan by a deposit in OJEE-2020 Bank Account with State Bank of India (State Bank Collect).
|Application Form Name||Cost of Application Form|
|A, B, C, D, F||INR 1000/-|
Application Form for OJEE 2020
Registration Date: Application Form will be available on official website i.e. www.ojee.nic.in from January 31, 2020 and last date to submit Application Form is on March 20, 2020. Highlights of Application Form is given in below tabular column:
|Application Form Code||Applying for Course|
|A||BAMS, BHMS, Pharmacy|
|B||B.Tech (Lateral Entry), Pharmacy (Lateral Entry), B.Tech (Lateral Entry for B.Sc)|
|C||MBA, MCA, MCA (Lateral Entry)|
|D||M.Tech, M.Tech (Part-Time for Working Profesional), M.Plan (PGAT), M.Arch, M.Pharm|
|E||Application for Combined Courses MBA & MCA, MBA & MCA (Lateral Entry), MBA & PGAT|
|F||Integrated MBA (5years)|
OJEE 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card will be available online for candidates from April 20, 2020 on official website of OJEE 2020. Generally, Admit Card is known as hall-ticket and without this candidates will not be permitted to enter into examination hall. After complete submission of Application Form and when Admit Cards will be available online candidates should not forget to take the print out of Admit card due to its utmost necessity in exam hall. Detailed specification of Admit Card is given as below:
- Downloading Admit Card: Candidates need to go to official website to enter Application Number along with date of birth and then they have to click on submit and Admit Card will be available for candidate to download and take a print out.
- Credentials: Candidates need to enter their Application Number, Password and Security Pin to download OJEE 2020, Admit Card.
- Specifics: OJEE Hall Ticket contains details such as Candidate's Name, Category, Registration Number, Exam Centre, Course applied for, Exam Date, etc.
Note: In case there is any discrepancy in details, same must be reported to authorities immediately. Candidates must make sure that they carry Admit Cards to Exam Centre. Candidates found without Admit Cards will not be permitted to appear for the exam.
OJEE 2020 Exam Centre
Specification of Exam Centre is highlighted below:
- Choice of Centre: Candidates have to choose any three preferred and convenient Exam Centre while filling Application Form of OJEE 2020 Exam Centre.
- Verify: Downloaded Admit Card should be signed by invigilator in Exam Hall.
- Id Proof: Candidates must carry a government id proof along with them to Examination Centre. These include PAN Card, Driving License, Voter Id, Passport or Aadhar Card.
|OJEE Test City||City Code|
Note: Allocation or discretion or addition of any new OJEE Exam Center is also in hands of conducting body.
OJEE Results 2020
Conducting body will announce OJEE result in form of merit list and Rank Card. Candidates need to log in using their roll number to access their Rank Card. This rank card is to be produced during time of Counselling. Detailed specification of OJEE 2020 results is shown below:
- Results: OJEE 2020 Results will be declared on official website for all candidates on June 19, 2020.
- Answer Key: Candidates can download OJEE 2020 Answer Key to calculate expected marks.
- Merit List: OJEEB prepares merit list on basis of performance of candidates and seperate merit list is being prepared for every course.
- Re-evaluation: Candidates have option to send their scores for re-evaluation to OJEEB for mediums such as Section-wise Marks and Re-evaluation or Re-Totalling of Marks.
OJEE 2020 Cut off
Cut off the is minimum marks based on which a candidate will be allotted a seat in his choice of institution. There is an overall Cutoff as well as a sectional cutoff in OJEE examination. Candidates who will meet cutoff criteria will be called in for Counselling process. Category wise Cut off list will be declared by Conducting authority at time of declaration of results.
Table below contains expected cutoff for OJEE 2020:
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||457-454||14058-14909|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||451-327||14240- 61231|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||451-288||14481-83162|
|Physically Handicapped - OBC||448-345||15167-61456|
|Physically Handicapped - SC||321-323||62233-67799|
|Physically Handicapped - ST||315-302||66314-73737|
Candidates who will be called for Counselling rounds on basis of merit list must appear as per schedule. Candidates who have cleared OJEE 2020 will be called for Counselling process which will be held on June 23, 2020.
OJEE 2020 Counselling Procedure
Candidates are required to register themselves before discussed date, to validate their claim for OJEE 2020 Counselling. Registration will be done on the official website.
- Registration Part I
- Registration Part II
- Details about Candidates
- Choice Filling
- Fee Payment
OJEE Counselling Fee
Candidates must pay a Counselling fee of INR 5450/- (INR 5000/- for University Registration Fee and INR 450/- Counselling Fee). Counselling fee must be paid online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) or offline (Challan paid in any SBI branch).
Documents Required for Counselling
Documents required for OJEE Counselling process are listed below:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th Class
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Candidate passport size photograph
- OJEE 2020 Admit Card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of OJEE 2020
- Scorecard of JEE Mains 2020 (if applicable)
Note: Candidates are required to carry stipulated fee and documents to allotted college to complete the admission process.
Courses offered in OJEE 2020 exam
List of UG courses offered in OJEE 2020 exam are as follows:
|Lateral Entry (B.Tech)|
List of PG courses in OJEE 2020 are as follows:
OJEE Contact details
In case of any concerns arising at any part of examination, contact conducting authorities. Given in table below are various means to contact them.
|Address||Chairman, Odisha Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Cell, Gandamunda, Khandagiri, DIST-Khordha. Bhubaneswar-751030.|
|Website||www.ojee.nic.in/ OR www.odishajee.com|
Q: When is last date to submit OJEE 2020 Application Form?
A: Last date to submit Application Form is March 20, 2020.
Q: What is eligibility criteria for MCA course?
A: A candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in any stream with minimum 3 years of duration with Mathematics as a mandatory subject at10+2 or graduation level with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST) category candidates.
Q: What is cost of Application Form for OJEE 2020?
A: Cost of OJEE 2020 Application Form varies from each course which is: Form A, B, C, D, F - INR 1000/- and for Form E -INR 1500/-
Q: What is OJEE 2020 examination procedure?
A: Answer Sheet (OMR) is divided into Part-A and Part-B. Part–A of OMR sheet contains details such as Roll Number, Question Booklet Number, Name and Signature of candidate, Name of Centre, Signature of Invigilator. Part–B of OMR answer sheet is meant for recording answers by darkening appropriate circles by candidate.
Q: How many Exam Centre I can choose for OJEE 2020?
A: A candidate can choose up to 3 Exam Centres while filling Application Form. OJEE 2020 will be conducted in 21 cities across Odisha.
Q: What is procedure for re-totalling/ re-evaluation?
A: A candidate can request for re-totaling with a fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees five hundred only) by demand draft in favour of OJEE 2020 drawn on any nationalized bank in Bhubaneswar so as to reach OJEE office within seven calendar days of publication of OJEE 2020 result.
Q: When will be OJEE 2020 conducted?
A: OJEE 2020 will be conducted Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on May 18, 2020.
Q: Is Application Fee for OJEE 2020 refundable?
A: No, Application Fee is non-refundable. Registration Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Q: What are steps involved in filling OJEE 2020 Application Form?
A: If a candidate needs to fill OJEE 2020 Application Form has to undergo following steps: Registration and Password Creation, Fill Up Application Form, Upload Left-hand Thumb Impression, Photograph, & Full Signature, Make Payment, and Download and Take Printout.
Q: When will result for OJEE 2020 be declared?
A: Result for OJEE 2020 will be declared in first week of June 2020.