Get admission into top Private and Government Institutions of Odisha with the help of OJEE 2019. Every year 3 Lakh people attend the exam for admission into various courses like B.Tech, BDS, B.Pharm, B.Arch, MBA, MCA, PGDM etc. Want to know how to crack the exam? Follow the preparation steps listed below.
- What is OJEE?
- Courses Offered
- Exam Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- What is Syllabus for OJEE?
- How to prepare for OJEE?
- Application Form
- How to apply for OJEE?
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- Cut Off
- JEE 2019 Helpline Information
- Related Exams
What is OJEE?
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination (OJEE) is a State Level Entrance Examination conducted by Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) for admission into various fields in Undergraduate, Postgraduate Level Professional Courses in the State of Odisha. Many Private and Government Medical, Engineering and Management Institutions offer admission through this exam.
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination committee is formed on the recommendation of Policy Planning Body with due approval by the Government (Skill Development and Technical Education Department) following the resolution no: I-TTE-45/2013-3842/ETET dated 04.07.2013 for the purpose of holding Common Entrance Examinations for admission to the Undergraduate/Postgraduate Level Professional Courses in the State of Odisha.
Earlier there used to be two separate tests for medical colleges and engineering colleges, the difference being that the medical test has the Biology paper while the engineering test has the Mathematics paper. Now due to the introduction of NEET, the MBBS course is not being offered by the exam.
Conducting Body: It is conducted by the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) every year. OJEE 2019 is also being conducted by the same.
Level: OJEE is a State-Government controlled Centralized Examination which will be conducted in all the major cities across India.
Courses Offered: OJEE offers admission to Undergraduate Courses in (Lateral Entry) Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Postgraduate courses like MBA, MCA, MCA (Lateral Entry), M.Tech, M.Plan, M.Arch, M.Pharm, and Integrated MBA in Universities, Govt. Colleges and Self-financed Institutes in the State.
OJEE 2019 Highlights
The highlights of OJEE 2019 examination is given in a table in detail below:
|Exam Name||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Body||Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB)|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Registration Fee||Form A, B, C, D, F - INR 1000/-Form E - INR 1500/-|
|Duration||MBA: 2 hoursBAMS, BHMS: 3 hours B.Pharma, B.Pharma (Lateral Entry): 3 hours MCA/ Lateral Entry MCA: 2 hoursLateral entry B.Tech: 1 hour|
|OJEE Marking Scheme||For each correct answer (+) 4 marks.For each wrong answer (-) 1 marks.|
|Language of Paper||English|
Different courses according to their programs have been mentioned below in detail:
|B.Tech / B.Plan||MBA|
|Lateral Entry to B.Tech||MCA|
|BSc Lateral Entry||Lateral Entry to MCA|
|Lateral Entry to B.Pharm||M.Pharm|
|MBBS / BDS||M.Arch|
|BAMS / BHMS||-|
The exam is held in both the paper-based mode (PBT) and computer-based mode (CBT). The notification for the Exam has been released in the month of January. Make sure that you make a clear note of the exam dates so that you wouldn't miss any of the important events.
OJEE 2019 Exam Dates is mentioned in the table below:
|Release of Application Form Online||31st January 2019|
|Last date for submitting the application form||20th March 2019|
|Release of Admit Card for PBT||20th April 2019|
|Release of Admit Card for CBT||29th May 2019|
|Exam date for Paper-based Test (PBT)||18th May 2019|
|Exam date for Computer-based Test (CBT)||8th May 2019 and 9th June 2019|
|Result||Last week of June 2019|
|Counselling date||23rd June 2019|
Candidates must make sure that they check the eligibility before filling the application form.
|Age limit||NO upper age limit|
|Educational qualification||For Bachelor's must have passed 10+2 from Odisha board or any other state in India, with Physics and Chemistry as the Compulsory subjects. For Postgraduate must have Bachelor's degree|
|Reservation||5% Reservation for SC/ST and PWD(Person with Disabilities)|
OJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria is different for different courses. They are mentioned in the table below.
|Course||Minimum Marks Required||OJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria|
SC/ST: Passing marks
Gen: Passing marks
|Candidates must have passed Class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry as main subjects along with Mathematics or Biology subjectsCandidates who have completed 10+2 education under open schooling or non-formal pattern of education are not eligible for admissions to BPharm courses|
|Lateral Entry B.Tech||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST: 40% marks
|Candidates should have completed Diploma in Engineering for admissions to LE BTech courses|
|Lateral Entry B.Pharm||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST: 40% marks
|Candidates should have completed Diploma in Pharmacy for admissions to Lateral Entry B.Pharm courses|
Gen: 50% marks
SC/ST: 45% marks
|Candidates must have completed a 3-years or 4-years bachelor degree in any stream|
|MCA / Lateral Entry MCA||
Gen: 50% marks
SC/ST: 45% marks
Candidates holding a bachelor degree in BCA/BA/BCom/BSc are eligible for admissions to MCA course. They must have studied Mathematics at Class 12th level
Note: Business Mathematics will not be considered equivalent to Mathematics subject
|Integrated MBA (5-years BBA+MBA)||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST – 40% marks
|Candidates must have qualified Class 12th in any stream i.e. Science/Commerce/Arts/Humanities|
Genl: 50% marks
SC/ST: 45% marks
For M.Tech – Candidates must have completed B.Tech degree or equivalent bachelor degree.
For M.Arch - Candidates must have completed a bachelor degree in Architecture stream.
M.Plan - Candidates must have completed a bachelor degree in Architecture, Planning, Civil Engineering or a post graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Environmental Science, Statistics, Social Work with specialization in Community Development and Rural Development, Anthropology, Sociology and Geography.
Gen: 55% marks
SC/ST: 50% marks
|Candidates should have completed a bachelor degree in Pharmacy or relevant subjects|
|Lateral Entry B.Sc||
Gen: 45% marks
SC/ST: 40% marks
|Candidates must have studied science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in first year engineering course/diplomaThey must have studied Mathematics at Class 12th level|
The OJEE 2019 syllabus is different for each course, so the aspirants are required to select and prepare for it accordingly.
- B.Sc: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- B.Pharma: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.
- MBA: Verbal Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, General Knowledge, Comprehension, Computer, and Business Fundamentals.
- MCA: Computer Awareness, Mathematics.
- M.Tech/ M.Arch: Branch Questions, Engineering Mathematics, and Arithmetic & Logical Reasoning.
In-Depth knowledge of OJEE 2019 Syllabus is essential, to attempt the paper smoothly.
How to prepare for OJEE 2019?
Preparations are of two types. The coaching, where you go to a centre that teaches you about the exam, and then there is the self-preparation, where you try your best at beating the exam alone. People generally prefer coaching centres because those centres provide us with a schedule and resources to prepare for the exam, and in turn, we have to pay for those things. But if we have the discipline and determination we could create our own schedule and secure our own resources without paying to any of the coaching centres. Follow the steps given below to know how.
A good sculptor cannot sculpt even a small statue without his tools. This same concept goes with the preparation of OJEE. You need to have all the possible materials that would help you understand and practice the questions from the exam. The materials for the OJEE include reference books, sample question papers, educational videos and other stuff.
If you were able to secure all of these materials at the start you would know what all things you have to go through over the period of time you have allotted to yourself.
Construct a Custom Timetable
You need to create a custom timetable that fits your daily schedule. If you have secured all of the materials, you need to integrate those materials into that schedule. Make sure to allocate appropriate time to each of the subjects, less time to the parts you are good at and more time to the parts that you are not so good at.
But just creating a timetable for the sake of creating the schedule is of no use if you don't stick to it until you achieve your goal. So you need to make sure that you are strictly adhering your schedule.
Evaluate Yourself Continuously
How do you how well have prepared for the exam? Here comes the stage of evaluation. Take mock tests every week. It will help you understand how much you are improving or what more is lacking. Then revise, you may get some doubts that you didn’t notice earlier. Revising the syllabus will give you confidence over your knowledge.
Registration Date: Application Form will be available on the official website i.e. www.ojee.nic.in from 31st January 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on 20th March 2019.
|Application Form Code||Applying for Course|
|A||BAMS, BHMS, Pharmacy|
|B||B.Tech (Lateral Entry), Pharmacy (Lateral Entry), B.Tech (Lateral Entry for B.Sc)|
|C||MBA, MCA, MCA (Lateral Entry)|
|D||M.Tech, M.Tech (Part Time for Working Profesional), M.Plan (PGAT), M.Arch, M.Pharm|
|E||Application for Combined Courses MBA & MCA, MBA & MCA (Lateral Entry), MBA & PGAT|
|F||Integrated MBA (5years)|
How to apply for OJEE?
Go through the below mentioned steps for applying for OJEE.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of OJEE https://ojee.nic.in/
- Step 2: Click on the "Registration" tab.
- Step 3: Fill the credentials in spaces provided for Application number, password and captcha. Click on "Log in" option.
- Step 4: You have to input your contact details and academic details like your name, father's name, active mobile number, e-mail address, correspondence address and permanent address.
- Step 5: After filling all the details, you have to upload the documents.
- Step 6: Once the upload of documents is finished. The next step will be to pay the application fee. Your application form will be completed only after the payment of the application fee.
- Step 7: Then, you have to download the confirmation of application form. keep it safe for future use.
- Before filling up OJEE 2019 Application Form, the applicants should be ready with scanned images of his/her coloured photographed, full signature and thumb impression (Left-hand thumb for boys and girls).
- These scanned files are to be uploaded by you during the submission of the application form.
- Uploaded photograph should be without caps or goggles.
- Spectacles are allowed.
- Polaroid photos are not acceptable.
Candidates can pay the Registration Fee by Debit Card/ credit card (VISA/ MASTER/ Maestro Cards/ Internet Banking) or Remittance through e-Challan by a deposit in OJEE-2019 Bank Account with State Bank of India (State Bank Collect).
|Application Form Name||Cost of Application Form|
|A, B, C, D, F||INR 1000/-|
OJEE 2019 is conducted in two modes. These are the paper-based test mode (PBT) and computer-based test mode (CBT). They are conducted on different days.
The general exam pattern for the OJEE is mentioned in the table below.
|Type of exam||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration||It differs for every exam|
|Total Marks||- -|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
The OJEE 2019 Exam Pattern for each course is detailed in the following table.
|B.Tech Lateral Entry||Basic Electrical Engineering||40|
|B.Sc Lateral Entry||Mathematics||30|
|Computer and Business Fundamental||10|
|Integrated MBA||Verbal Reasoning||15|
|Architectural concept related||40|
The Admit Card will be available online for candidates from 20th April 2019 on the official website of the Exam.
- Downloading the Admit Card: Go to the official website, enter the application number along with the date of birth and then click on submit. The admit card will be displayed on the screen for the candidate to download and take a printout.
- Credentials: The candidates need to enter their Application Number, Password and Security Pin to download the OJEE 2019, Admit Card.
- Specifics: The OJEE 2019 Admit Card contains the details such as the candidate's name, category, registration number, exam centre, course applied for, date of exam, etc.
Note: In case there is any discrepancy in the details, the same must be reported to the authorities immediately. Candidates must make sure that they carry the admit cards to the exam centre. Candidates found without admit cards will not be permitted to appear for the exam.
OJEE 2019 will be conducted in major cities across Odisha.
- Choice of Centre: Candidates have to choose any three preferred and convenient exam centre while filling the Application Form.
- Verify: The downloaded admit card should be endorsed by the Invigilator of the examination centre.
- Id Proof: Candidates must carry a government id proof along with them to the examination centre. These include the PAN Card, Driving License, Voter Id, Passport or Aadhar Card.
|OJEE Test City||City Code|
The allocation or discretion or addition of any new OJEE Exam Center is also in the hands of the conducting body.
The conducting body will announce the OJEE result in the form of merit list and Rank Card. Candidates need to log in using their roll number to access their Rank Card. This rank card is to be produced during the time of counselling.
- Results: OJEE 2019 Results will be declared on the official website for all the candidates on 1st January 1970.
- Answer Key: Candidates can download OJEE 2019 Answer Key to calculate expected marks.
- Merit List: OJEEB prepares the merit list on the basis of performance of the candidates. Separate merit lists are prepared for every course.
- Re-evaluation: Candidates have the option to send their scores for re-evaluation to OJEEB for mediums such as Section wise Marks and Re-evaluation or Re-Totalling of Marks.
OJEE Cut off 2019 is the minimum marks based on which a candidate will be allotted a seat in his choice of institution. There is an overall cutoff as well as a sectional cutoff in the OJEE examination. The candidates who have cleared the cutoff will be called in for the Counselling procedure for OJEE. Category-wise cutoff lists and course wise cutoff lists will be released by the conducting authority along with the results.
The table below contains the expected cutoff for OJEE 2019:
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||457-454||14058-14909|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||451-327||14240- 61231|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||451-288||14481-83162|
|Physically Handicapped - OBC||448-345||15167-61456|
|Physically Handicapped - SC||321-323||62233-67799|
|Physically Handicapped - ST||315-302||66314-73737|
Candidates who will be called for the counselling rounds on the basis of the merit list must appear as per schedule. Candidates who have cleared the OJEE 2019 will be called for the counselling process which will be held on 23rd June 2019.
Candidates are required to register themselves before the discussed date, to validate their claim for OJEE 2019 Counselling. Registration will be done on the official website.
- Registration Part I
- Registration Part II
- Details about the Candidates
- Choice Filling
- Fee Payment
Candidates must pay a counselling fee of INR 5450/- (INR 5000/- for University Registration Fee and INR 450/- Counselling Fee). The counselling fee must be paid online (Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking) or offline (Challan paid in any SBI branch).
Documents Required for Counselling
The documents required for the OJEE Counselling procedure are listed below:
- Mark sheet of 10th and 12th Class
- Qualifying examination mark sheet
- Candidate passport size photograph
- OJEE 2019 Admit Card
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of OJEE 2019
- Scorecard of JEE Mains 2019 (if applicable)
Candidates are required to carry the stipulated fee and documents to the allotted college to complete the admission process.
Guidelines for Candidates
Some of the Guidelines regarding the Exam of OJEE are as follows:
- Please check the OJEE 2019 admit card carefully for your Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Center Name, and category. In case of any discrepancy, communicate to OJEE 2019 office immediately for necessary action.
- The OJEE 2019 concede card is issued temporarily to the applicant subject to his/her satisfying the qualification conditions.
- The examination rooms/hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the OJEE 2019 exam. Candidates should take their seats immediately after the opening of the examination hall.
- The candidate must show, on demand, the OJEE 2019 admit card for admission in the examination room/hall. A candidate who does not possess the OJEE 2019 admit card shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the centre superintendent.
- Applicants are encouraged to carry with them a cardboard or a clipboard on which nothing ought to be composed so they have no trouble in filling reactions in the appropriate response sheet regardless of whether the tables given in the examination room/corridor do have the smooth surface or uneven surface. They ought to likewise carry with them their own particular ballpoint pens (Black/Blue) of good quality.
- Latecomers will not be allowed to enter the OJEE 2019 exam centre after the commencement of the examination under any condition
- A seat showing seat number will be assigned to every competitor. Applicant should discover and possess their allocated situate as it were. Anyone found to have changed room or the seat on his/her own other than allocated, his/her candidature will be scratched off and no request would be acknowledged for it
- Ten minutes before the starting of the paper, sealed test booklet with an answer sheet placed inside it will be distributed to all the candidates
- After receiving the test Booklet, the competitor needs to fill in the required information on the cover page of the test booklet with ball point pen only. The aspirants are advised not to open the test booklet/break the seal of test booklet until asked by the invigilator. All the aspirants are requested to follow the specifications with the examination gingerly.
- None of the candidates is allowed to leave the examination centre unless they get special permission from centre superintendent or the concerned invigilator. Candidates are asked to follow the Centre superintendent/Invigilators instructions strictly.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any kind of baggage inside the OJEE 2019 examination centre. Candidates are self-liable for their belongings, the authority is not responsible for any of their belongings.
- Aspirants are advised not to bring any literary material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with offices of adding machine, printed or composed material, bits of papers, cell phone, pager or some other gadget.
- Smoking and eating are strictly prohibited in the examination room.
- Any kind of food or drink items is not allowed inside the OJEE 2019 examination hall.
- Candidates are allowed to leave the examination lobby only after they hand over the OJEE 2019 answer sheet to the concerned invigilators.
In case of any concerns arising at any part of the examination, contact the conducting authorities. Given in the table below are the various means to contact them.
|Address||Chairman, Odisha Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Cell, Gandamunda, Khandagiri, DIST-Khordha. Bhubaneswar-751030.|
|Website||www.ojee.nic.in/ OR www.odishajee.com|
Q: When is the last date to submit the OJEE 2019 Application Form?
A: The last date to submit the Application Form is on 20th March 2019.
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for MCA course?
A: A candidate must have passed Bachelor's Degree in any stream with minimum 3 years of duration with Mathematics as a mandatory subject at10+2 or graduation level with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST) category candidates.
Q: What is the cost of Application Form for OJEE 2019?
A: The cost of the OJEE 2019 Application Form varies from each course which is: Form A, B, C, D, F - INR 1000/- and for Form E -INR 1500/-
Q: What is the OJEE 2019 examination procedure?
A: The Answer Sheet (OMR) is divided into Part-A and Part-B. Part–A of the OMR sheet contains the details such as Roll Number, Question Booklet Number, Name and Signature of the candidate, Name of the Centre, Signature of the Invigilator. Part–B of the OMR answer sheet is meant for recording the answers by darkening the appropriate circles by the candidate.
Q: How many Exam Centre I can choose for OJEE 2019?
A: A candidate can choose up to 3 Exam Centres while filling the Application Form. OJEE 2019 will be conducted in 21 cities across Odisha.
Q: What is the procedure for re-totalling/ re-evaluation?
A: A candidate can request for re-totalling with a fee of Rs.500/- (Rupees five hundred only) by demand draft in favour of OJEE 2019 drawn on any nationalized bank in Bhubaneswar so as to reach the OJEE office within seven calendar days of the publication of OJEE 2019 result.
Q: When will be the OJEE 2019 conducted?
A: OJEE 2019 will be conducted Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) on 18th May 2019.
Q: Is the Application Fee for OJEE 2019 refundable?
A: No, the Application Fee is non-refundable. The Registration Fee once paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Q: What are the steps involved in filling the OJEE 2019 Application Form?
A: If a candidate needs to fill the OJEE 2019 Application Form has to undergo the following steps: Registration and Password Creation, Fill Up Application Form, Upload Left-hand Thumb Impression, Photograph, & Full Signature, Make Payment, and Download and Take Printout.
Q. When will the result for OJEE 2019 be declared?
Ans. The result for OJEE 2019 will be declared in the first week of June 2019.