Looking forward to doing courses like B. Tech and B.E from top institutes in Jammu and Kashmir? JKPOBEE conducts a state level entrance exam for candidates who belong to Jammu and Kashmir.
Latest News on JKCET
- November 24, 2020: The mop-up round of the physical counselling process for JKCET 2020 for up-gradation or allotment of seats will be held on November 7 and November 28, 2020. Check the JKCET Counselling page for more details.
- What is JKCET?
- JKCET 2020 Exam Date
- JKCET 2020 Eligibility
- JKCET 2020 Syllabus
- JKCET 2020 Application Form
- JKCET 2020 Registration
- JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
- JKCET 2020 Admit Card
- JKCET 2020 Exam Centres
- JKCET 2020 Result
- JKCET 2020 Cut off
- JKCET Selection Process
- How to prepare for JKCET?
- Guidelines for JKCET
What is JKCET?
Organized by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE), Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) is for candidates aspiring to get admission into Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) courses offered by different government and private colleges.
JKCET Exam is conducted once in a year for admission in Engineering programs. These programs are offered by the various government and private institutions situated in Jammu & Kashmir state. Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance exam for the residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
JKCET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE)|
|Questions Type||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|JKCET 2020 Exam Mode||Pen & Paper (Offline)|
|JKCET 2020 Marking Scheme||1 Mark for each correct answer;
1/4 Mark deducted for every incorrect answer
|JKCET 2020 Helpline||0194-2437647 0194-2433590 0191-2479371 0191-2470102|
JKCET 2020 Exam Date
The JKBOPEE has decided to cancel the JKCET 2020 Exam and conduct the admission process based on the merit list that is generated using the Class 12/Equivalent scores of the registered candidates. The merit list is released and any candidate who has objections with the merit list can submit their objections only in person at the J&K Board Office, Jammu/Srinagar. Any objections sent online through email will not be considered. JKCET Application Form was available on the official website which is www.jkbopee.gov.in.
|Availability of JKCET 2020 Application form||March 12, 2020|
|Last Date to submit the JKCET 2020 Application form||August 31, 2020|
|JKCET 2020 Admit Card Date||Cancelled|
|JKCET 2020 Exam Date||Cancelled|
|JKCET 2020 Result Date (Merit List - Final)||October 7, 2020|
JKCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Only the candidates who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria can apply for JKCET 2020. The Eligibility Criteria for JKCET 2020 is defined by the organizing authorities. Eligibility conditions for JKCET 2020 are mentioned below:
- An applicant must be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir to be eligible for the JKCET Exam.
- Aspirants from General Category should have passed the 10+2 examination from a recognized school or institution with 50% Marks in English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- If a student is from the reserved categories like SC/ST, the minimum eligibility aggregate goes down to 40%.
- Candidates appearing for the final exam of Class 12 can also appear.
JKCET 2020 Syllabus
JKCET 2020 Syllabus will be comprised of the class 12 NCERT Syllabus. The subjects that will be asked in the JKCET Exam are Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
The subjects that are given above has various topics that are listed below:
- Physical-world & Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Energy & Power
- Motion of system of particles & rigid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Behavior of perfect gas & Kinetic theory
- Oscillation & waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual Nature of matter & radiation
- Atoms & Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication system
- Chemical arithmetic & Atomic structure
- Chemical equilibrium
- Chemical kinetics
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox reactions & Electrochemistry
- Solid-state & States of matter
- Surface chemistry, Periodic Properties
- Chemical bonding & molecular structure
- Chemistry of representative elements
- Transition elements including lanthanides
- Coordination chemistry
- Nomenclature & basic concepts in Organic chemistry
- Organic chemistry based on the functional group I, II, III
- Molecules of Life
- Relations & Functions
- Complex numbers
- Linear equation
- Linear programming
- Sequence & Series
- Permutation & Combination
- Binomial theorem
- Trigonometric & inverse trigonometry functions
- Matrices & Determinants
- Continuity & Differentiation
- Integration & differential equations
- Straight lines & conic sections
- Statistics & Probability
- Vectors & three-dimensional geometry
JKCET 2020 Application Form
JKCET 2020 Application Form was available on the official website from March 12, 2020 to August 31, 2020. The candidates applying for the JKCET Exam have to select the group of the examination while filling the Application Form, as per their choice.
They can select one among PCM, PCB & PCMB. The candidates applying for Engineering should choose PCM. All applicants should enter the required details such as personal details, qualification details, contact details, etc while filling the JKCET 2020 Application Form.
Candidates have to pay the JKCET 2020 Application Form fees to complete Registration. The cost of the Application Fee is INR 1200/- which can be paid online with the help of a Credit Card/Debit Card and by net banking also.
How to Register for JKCET 2020?
Before applying for the JKCET 2020 Exam the candidates will have to register themselves. The candidates can follow the steps given below to register for the JKCET 2020 Exam.
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the 'CET Engineering 2020' link.
- Step 3: Read the instructions and Register to get the Application number.
How to Apply for JKCET 2020?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to apply for JKCET 2020:
- Step 1: Fill both Personal Details and Educational Qualification.
- Step 2: Payment of Application Fee.
- Step 3: Upload the scanned image of photograph, thumb impression, and signature.
- Step 4: Submit and take a printout of the Application Form.
Documents required to Apply for JKCET 2020
The following are the documents which a candidate will require when he/she is applying for JKCET:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Scanned image of Photograph
- Scanned image of Signature (with a black pen) and Thumb impression (the thumb impression must be with blue/black stamp pad on a white paper, must be Left Thumb impression or LTI)
- Domicile Certificate
- A valid credit/debit/net banking for Application Fee payment
Candidates after applying for JKCET 2020 can also check whether their application has been successfully accepted or rejected. To do this the candidates are very well provided with the application status facility. Candidates must click on the application status link by entering their application number and the date of birth after which the status of the application will be visible to the candidate.
JKCET 2020 Exam Pattern
The JKCET 2020 Exam is conducted in offline mode. The paper will be divided into 2 sections: A and B. Section A comprises Physics/Chemistry, while section B contains Mathematics.
|Exam Pattern for JKCET 2020|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Exam||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of questions||180|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for a correct answer, -0.25 for incorrect answer|
Since there is negative marking the candidates are advised to only answer the questions which they are very sure about.
JKCET 2020 Admit Card
JKCET 2020 Admit Card will be made available for only those candidates who have filled the JKCET 2020 Application Form successfully. Admit Card will be issued online and the candidates can download using their unique credentials once the authorities have announced the availability date.
Aspiring Candidates without an internet connection can avail of this facility as well. They can fetch their JKCET 2020 Admit Card from the help desk of the I.T. section of the J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations with a prior telephonic appointment. A nominal fee of Rs. 100/- has to be paid on any working day to get their Admit Card.
Aspirants must thoroughly check for discrepancies in the JKCET Admit Card. If they happen to find anything, then the candidates must get in touch with the authorities concerned.
How to download JKCET 2020 Admit Card?
The precise date for the release of JKCET 2020 admit card has not been announced yet. The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the JKCET 2020 Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the Admit Card link.
- Step 3: Enter the Application number and DOB to log in.
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of the Admit Card.
NOTE: The candidates will have to paste a recent passport size photograph on the Admit Card.
JKCET 2020 Exam Centres
JKCET Exam will be conducted across 15 centres in Srinagar and 6 centres in Jammu. The candidates can choose a JKCET Exam centre when are they are filling the Application Form.
Once the Exam Centre is allotted it will not be changed. The Test Centre details will be available on the Admit Card of the candidate.
Documents required on JKCET Exam Day
The following are the documents that a candidate should carry to the JKCET Exam Centre:
- Admit Card
- Government ID Proof
- Passport size photo
JKCET 2020 Result
JKCET 2020 Results will be declared on the official website. For this year JKCET 2020 admissions will be done on the basis of the merit list released by the organizing authorities on the official website. The merit list is generated using the Class 12/Equivalent scores of the registered candidates.
The cut-off for JKCET 2020 will be prepared after the analysis of JKCET 2020 Result. To clear the cutoff, candidates have to secure more than 50% in the qualifying examination.
How to Download JKCET Result?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to Download the JKCET Result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Result' link.
- Step 3: Enter Application Number and Password to log in.
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of the Result.
JKCET 2020 Cut off
JKCET Cut off is the minimum marks that a candidate has to score to be eligible for admission. The opening and closing rank for each participating college will be given the candidates should score minimum marks or more than that to be eligible. The candidates who belong to the general category should score 50% and the candidates who belong to SC/ST and OBC Category should score 40%.
The following are the factors that will be considered while determining the JKCET Cut off:
- The total number of candidates who have applied for the exam.
- The number of seats available.
- Previous year Cut off trends.
- Level of difficulty of the question paper.
JKCET Selection Process
The candidates who have scored the minimum Cut off marks will be called for the Counselling Process. Only the candidates who satisfy all the Eligibility Criteria will be given admission to the course that they have applied for.
JKCET 2020 Counselling
JKCET 2020 Counselling dates have not been announced and it is expected to occur in the third week of May. Two rounds of JKCET Counselling will take place.
An aspirant has to pay a Counselling Fee of INR 1200/- online before the commencement date. During the Counselling, candidates have to produce the necessary documents to get admission.
The following are the institutes that participate in JKCET 2020:
|Government College of Engineering and Technology (GCET), Jammu||B.E./ B.Tech|
|Model Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET), Jammu|
|Mahant Bachitar Singh College of Engineering and Technology (MBSCET), Jammu|
|Yogananda College of Engineering and Technology (YCET), Jammu|
|Bhargava College of Engineering and Technology (BCET), Supwal|
|SSM College of Engineering and Technology, Pattan, Kashmir|
How to prepare for JKCET?
The following are some of the important tips for the candidates who are aspiring to write JKCET:
- Go through the Syllabus and prepare according to it.
- Plan your everyday activity this will help you to manage time.
- Concentrate more on a subject which is tough according to you.
- Prepare notes whenever you are studying and refer to it when you are revising.
- There are a lot of reference books available. Refer them to cover the Syllabus.
- Take mock tests frequently to assess your performance.
- For better results do a proper revision.
- Note down all the formulas.
Guidelines for JKCET 2020
- Aspirants should read all the given instructions carefully and comply with the same.
- Exam Centres will open 15 minutes before the reporting time. So, students are advised to be present on time. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after the distribution of answer sheets.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without JKCET Hall Ticket.
- Test-takers are advised not to carry any textual material, printed/ handwritten material inside the exam hall. Mobile phones/ calculators/ pocket transistors/ electronic watches with facilities of calculator/ slide rules/ or any other such aid are not allowed inside JKCET 2020 examination hall.
- Tea, coffee, cold drinks, snacks, and smoking are not allowed in the examination hall during the commencement of the JKCET Exam.
- Test-takers are not allowed to change their allotted seat in any case. They are expected to sit only in their assigned place.
- Aspirants are not allowed to leave the hall before the completion of the given time and without handing over the answer sheet to the invigilator on duty.
- No person other than those authorized by the board (BOPEE) shall be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- A candidate’s misbehaviour may lead to disqualification from the exam. Any kind of disturbance may also lead to strict action against that candidate.
JKCET Contact Details
If there are any queries related to JKCET 2020 Exam the candidates can contact the official conducting authority.
|Address||4th Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu - 180012||Baghat-i-Barzulla, Opposite J&K Bank, Srinagar - 190005|
|Contact Numbers||+91 191 - 2470102, +91 191 - 2479371||+91 194 - 2433590, +91 194 - 2433760, +91 194 - 2437647|
Other Related Exams