Get admission into the Symbiosis International University or any of its affiliated institutes with the help of the SET 2019 exam. The exam allows the admission of the candidates into the courses of Law, Design, Engineering etc. Want to know how to crack the Exam? Follow the preparation tips listed below.
- What is the Symbiosis Entrance Test?
- Courses Offered
- Exam Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- How to Prepare for Symbiosis Entrance Test?
- Registration Process
- Application Form
- Exam Centres
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Contact Details
- Rules/Instruction for International Students
- Latest News
- Related Exams
What is the Symbiosis Entrance Test?
Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET] is a University Level Entrance Test conducted by Symbiosis International University, Pune for admission into Various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
Entrance Exams: Symbiosis International University conducts various entrance exams depends on the course opted i.e. Symbiosis Law Admission Test [SLAT], Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design [SEED], SIT Engineering Entrance Exam [SITEEE], and Symbiosis Entrance Test [General SET].
Level: SET 2019 is a University Level Entrance Test conducted once in every year.
Conducting Body: Symbiosis International University, Pune has the authority to conduct SET every year for admissions at the 14 constituent Institutions of the Symbiosis International University.
Mode & Date: Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET] is conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for all the aspirants on 4th May 2019.
Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Highlights
|Exam Name||Symbiosis Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Exam Date||4th May 2019|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes|
|Official Website||Symbiosis Entrance Test 2019|
|Helpline Number||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 020-67298050, 020-28116226/ 27|
The list of courses that by the Symbiosis International University and its affiliated Institutes are mentioned in the table below.
|SLAT||Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws (BA LLB Hons.)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration & Bachelor of Laws (BBA LLB Hons.)|
|General SET||Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)|
|Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) or BA (MC)|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A)-(Liberal Arts)|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) in Culinary Arts|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) in (Economics) Hons.|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) in Liberal Arts|
|SEED||Bachelor of Design (B.Des)|
|SITEEE||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration Information Technology (BBA-IT)|
The official dates for the SET 2019 have been announced by the conducting body. The notification was released in the month of January 2019.
- Registration: Application Form will be available on the official website of Symbiosis International University i.e. https://bit.ly/2BRhYyl from 24th January 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on 21st April 2019.
- Admit Card: The Admit Card will be released online for all the aspirants on 24th April 2019.
- Exam: Symbiosis Entrance Test will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for all the aspirants on 4th May 2019.
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks on 14th May 2019.
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] will be called for the counselling process which will be held on 31st May 2019.
The Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Important Dates are given in the list below.
Important Events/ Schedules
|Application Form Start Date||24th January 2019|
|Application Form Last Date||21st April 2019|
|Late Date for Application Form Payment||21st April 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||24th April 2019|
|SET 2019 Exam Date||4th May 2019|
|SET 2019 Exam for Odisha and West Bengal||11th May 2019|
|Results Announcement||14th May 2019|
|Commencement of Counselling||31st May 2019|
SET 2019 eligibility criteria for admission to various programmes in Symbiosis colleges require the following qualification:
- Educational Qualification: The eligibility criteria vary for each of the exams and are listed below:
- SLAT: The candidates must have completed 10+2 examination in the relevant stream with minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
- SEED: The candidates must have completed 10+2 examination in the relevant stream or 10+3 Diploma from a Government Approved Institute with minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
- SITEEE: The candidates must have completed 10+2 examination in the relevant stream with minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
- General SET: The candidates must have completed 10+2 examination in the relevant stream with minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
Reservation Criteria: As per the UGC guideline 2006, the reservation policy for all the institutes under the University is as follows within the sanctioned intake:
Percentage of Intake
|Kashmir Migrants||2 seats per program|
|Defence Quota||5% for SLS-PUNE and SICSR|
The Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Eligibility Criteria for each institute and course differs. They are listed in the table below.
Name of the Institute
Name of the Programme
|1||SLS-Pune||Symbiosis Law School - Pune [SLS-BA LLB] Hons.||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Law School - Pune [SLS-BBA LLB] Hons.|
|2||SLS-NOIDA||Symbiosis Law School - Noida [SLS-BA LLB]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Law School - Noida [SLS-BBA LLB]|
|3||SLS-Hyderabad||Symbiosis Law School - Hyderabad [SLS-BA LLB]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Law School - Hyderabad [SLS-BBA LLB]|
|4||SCMS- Pune||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|5||SCMS-NOIDA||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies[SCMS]- Noida||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|6||SICSR||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research [SICSR-BBA]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research [SICSR-BCA]|
|7||SID||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board OR equivalent Government approved Diploma (10+3) with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|8||SIT||Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]||Standard XII (10+2) pass from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject. Obtained at least 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes) in the above subjects taken together.|
|9||SCMC||Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication [SCMC]|
|10||SSE||Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]|
|11||SSLA||Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts [SSLA]|
|12||SSCA||Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts [SSCA]|
The official syllabus for Symbiosis SET has not been defined. The syllabus is very much similar to class 12 syllabus for English and class 10 syllabus for Mathematics.
- Syllabus: The Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Syllabus will be decided by the conducting authority every year.
- Subjects: The question paper comprises of the following topic English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- Reference Books: Candidates can refer to the books which are preferred by the conducting authority.
|Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Geometry and Measurement|
|Permutation and Combination|
|General Awareness||Business and Corporate|
|Awards and Entertainment|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Coding|
|Definitely True or False, Probably True or False Statements|
How to prepare for Symbiosis Entrance Test?
Your preparation for SET can be over a year long or just 2 months, it doesn't matter. What does matter is the amount of commitment you have given to the cause. So, before starting the SET preparation or any preparation for that matter, it is crucial that you set your mind to that goal. Every excruciating task you do you should bear in mind that the end result will make all of this worth it.
Now if you have fully committed yourself, follow the preparation steps given below.
Know Yourself First
The biggest part of preparation is knowing your strong points and your weak points. In this stage, you should be true to yourself and find out which areas you should really put in more effort. This will help you in managing the huge amounts of material in front of you, as now you know where you need to practice more. Also, you must work on perfecting your strong points for those easy grabbing of marks in the test.
Calculate the estimated time you are giving for preparations (the total time you allocate from now to the time of the exam) and divide it equally as per the syllabus of the SET Exam. Adjust your average time for solving each of the questions as per your capability. Make a custom timetable for preparation as per your daily routine and make sure to include short breaks between the long study periods. Divide the preparation into several steps and complete them one by one. Completing the preparation step by step would make you keep a track of how much preparation you have completed and how much preparation is yet to be done.
Study Material & Previous Year Question Papers
Students can prepare for this exam through the study materials available in the book stores or the Internet. Mock tests are also a good way for preparations of the exam. Students can practice the mock test and work on their difficult points. Students can also practice the previous year question papers of this exam. This will help students to understand the type of questions, question weightage and pattern of the exam.
The steps involved in the registration process of the SET Application Form are Listed below:
- Step 1: Register yourself with the Name, Email, Mobile Numbers, Password, Course, State, and City then submit.
- Step 2: The Email and Mobile Number will be verified for future reference.
- Step 3: Now fill the Application Form with the valid details such as Personal, Academic, Contact details.
- Step 4: Pay the Application Fee through online (Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Net Banking) or Offline (Demand Draft in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat [STS]” payable at Pune)
- Step 5: Upload the necessary document (Photograph) along with the Application Form and submit it.
The application form for the Symbiosis Entrance Test can only be filled in the online mode.
- Registration Date: Application Form will be available on the official website of Symbiosis International University i.e. https://bit.ly/2BRhYyl from 24th January 2019 and the last date to submit the Application Form will be on 21st April 2019.
- Registration Fee: The candidates have to pay the registration fee while filling the Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Application Form of INR 1750 for all candidates. If the candidates wish to appear in two entrance Test i.e. Morning and Afternoon session then he/ she should pay INR 3500.
- Payment Mode: Candidates can pay the Application Fee online (Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card) and offline (Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat [STS]” payable at Pune).
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT [STS]
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Symbiosis SET 2019 Application Fee is ₹ 1750 (one program), which is non-refundable. The category of candidates has no effect on the fee amount for taking the exam. The fee can be paid via online or offline mode.
- Online mode: Credit card, Net Banking, Indian Bank Net Banking
- Offline mode: Cash and Demand Draft.
|Registration Mode||Online and Offline|
|Registration Fee||For One Exam INR 1750For Two Exams INR 3500|
The online mode examination for SET/ SLAT/ SEED/ SITEEE 2019 will be conducted across India. The test centre allotted to candidates for SET exam will be mentioned on their admit card only.
- Centre: Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] is conducted in 80 major cities across India.
- Choice of Centre: Candidate should mention the Centre Code and Name of his/ her choice of Test Centre while filling the Online Application Form.
- Change of Centre: Requests for change of Test Centre and Subject opted by the candidate in the Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Changes by Authority: Symbiosis Test Secretariat reserves the right to change or allot a city other than the one requested by the candidate in the event of the requested city not being available for any reason.
|1||Agra - Uttar Pradesh||28||Gangtok / Bardang – Sikkim||55||Nagpur - Maharashtra|
|2||Ahmedabad – Gujarat||29||Guwahati – Assam||56||Nashik - Maharashtra|
|3||Ahmednagar - Maharashtra||30||Gwalior - Madhya Pradesh||57||Navi Mumbai - Maharashtra|
|4||Ajmer - Rajasthan||31||Hooghly - West Bengal||58||Noida - G Noida – Ghaziabad - Delhi NCR|
|5||Aligarh - Uttar Pradesh||32||Hyderabad – Telangana||59||Panipat - Haryana|
|6||Allahabad - Uttar Pradesh||33||Indore - Madhya Pradesh||60||Panjim - Goa|
|7||Ambala - Haryana||34||Jabalpur - Madhya Pradesh||61||Patiala- Punjab|
|8||Amravati - Maharashtra||35||Jaipur – Rajasthan||62||Patna - Bihar|
|9||Amritsar - Punjab||36||Jalandhar – Punjab||63||Port Blair - Andaman and Nicobar Island|
|10||Asansol - West Bengal||37||Jammu - Jammu and Kashmir||64||Pune - Maharashtra|
|11||Aurangabad - Maharashtra||38||Jamshedpur – Jharkhand||65||Raipur - Chhattisgarh|
|12||Bareilly - Uttar Pradesh||39||Jhansi - Uttar Pradesh||66||Rajkot – Gujarat|
|13||Bengaluru - Karnataka||40||Jodhpur – Rajasthan||67||Ranchi - Jharkhand|
|14||Bhilai - Chhattisgarh||41||Kanpur - Uttar Pradesh||68||Roorkee - Uttarakhand|
|15||Bhopal - Madhya Pradesh||42||Karnal – Haryana||69||Shillong - Meghalaya|
|16||Bhubaneswar - Odisha||43||Kochi / Ernakulam – Kerala||70||Shimla - Himachal Pradesh|
|17||Bilaspur - Chhattisgarh||44||Kolhapur – Maharashtra||71||Siliguri - West Bengal|
|18||Chandigarh / Mohali - Punjab||45||Kolkata - West Bengal||72||Surat - Gujarat|
|19||Chennai - Tamil Nadu||46||Kota – Rajasthan||73||Thane - Maharashtra|
|20||Coimbatore - Tamil Nadu||47||Kottayam – Kerala||74||Thiruvananthapuram - Kerala|
|21||Cuttack - Odisha||48||Kozhikode – Kerala||75||Thrissur - Kerala|
|22||Dehradun - Uttarakhand||49||Lucknow - Uttar Pradesh||76||Udaipur - Rajasthan|
|23||Delhi Gurugram - Delhi NCR||50||Ludhiana – Punjab||77||Vadodara - Gujarat|
|24||Dhanbad - Jharkhand||51||Madurai - Tamil Nadu||78||Varanasi - Uttar Pradesh|
|25||Dibrugarh - Assam||52||Meerut - Uttar Pradesh||79||Vijayawada - Andhra Pradesh|
|26||Faridabad - Delhi NCR||53||Mumbai - Maharashtra||80||Visakhapatnam - Andhra Pradesh|
|27||Gandhinagar - Gujarat||54||Mysuru – Karnataka||--||--|
Note: While all efforts will be made to ensure that the candidate gets a test city as per his/her preferences, however, in some exceptional circumstances, a different test city in the nearby area may be allotted.
It is very essential that candidates should develop a clear idea about the exam pattern before appearing for Symbiosis Entrance Test. The examination will be conducted for four different programs namely General, Law, Engineering and Design.
- Mode: Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for all the aspirants on 4th May 2019.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- No. of Questions & Topics: The no. of questions and the topics will differ according to the various SET conducted by Symbiosis International University
- Duration: The time given to complete for all the examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes.
- Negative Marking: There will be No Negative Marking for wrong answers.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English.
Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Exam Pattern details are given in the table below:
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
SET Exam-Wise Exam Pattern of Symbiosis Entrance Test
There are 4 types of exams in SET 2019 and each of it has a different pattern. They are detailed below:
- SLAT [Law]: The timing of the exam is from 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Number of Questions
- SEED [Design]: The timing of the exam is from 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Number of Questions
- SITEEE [Engineering]: The timing of the exam is from 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM
Number of Questions
- General SET: The timing of the exam is from 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM
Number of Questions
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
Admit cards for SET 2019 was available for download from the official website.
- Availability: Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Admit Card will be available on the official website from 24th April 2019.
- Download: Candidates should download the Hall-Tickets from the University website. They have to enter the SET ID and Password to access the hall-ticket.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
Details on Admit Card
The list of particulars that are present on the SET Admit Card are as follows:
- Name of the Candidate
- Roll Number/ Application Number of the Candidate
- Exam Date
- Exam Time
- Exam Venue
- Photo and Signature of the Candidate
- General Instruction
Note: The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the admit card carefully and follow them during the conduct of the examination.
The merit list will be prepared in order of the marks scored by candidates. Both the merit list and the results will be declared by the official conducting authority.
- Result Date: Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Results will be declared on the official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks on 14th May 2019.
- Credentials: Candidates can check their result on the official website in the 'Symbiosis SET 2019 Results' link by using their User ID and Password. Save the scorecard and print it out for future references.
- Cut-off: Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Cut-off is a minimum score that will be required to qualify for PI-WAT.
The counselling process starts in the month of June and the candidates who are qualified in the SET 2019 exam only can attend this process.
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared the Symbiosis Entrance Test 2019 will be called for the Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Counselling which will be held on 31st May 2019.
- Selection: Admission will be based on the marks secured in the Symbiosis Entrance Test.
- Appear: All the candidates must appear for the counselling without fail on the date mentioned by the university.
Candidates should carry the necessary documents which are listed by the university at the time of counselling. They are as follows:
- Class X marks sheet and qualifying certificate
- Class XII marks sheet and qualifying certificate
- Symbiosis SET 2019 Admit Card
- JEE Main Score Card
- Migration and School Leaving Certificate
- Caste certificate if necessary.
In case of any discrepancies at any stage of the Exam process, you should contact the conducting authorities as soon as possible. The following table consists of the contact details of the SET exam authorities.
|Address||SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIATSYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY, Lavale, Mulshi Taluk, District: Pune - 412115, Maharashtra|
|Phone||020-67298050, 020-28116226/ 27|
Rules/Instructions for International Students
Some rules and instructions for international students attempting the SET 2019 Exam are as follows:
- Admissions of international students are centralized for all the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) and are routed through the Symbiosis Center for International Education (SCIE).
- SCIE earmarks 15% of the total intake of the respective program for international students which include, Foreign Nationals (FN), Person of Indian Origin (PIO) Card Holders, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card Holders, and Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
- A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she is a citizen of any country other than India and holds a foreign passport.
- As per the Government of India notification dated 9th January 2015, all the existing Persons of Indian Origin cardholders registered as such shall be deemed to be Overseas Citizens of India cardholders.
- A student is eligible to apply as OCI if he/she is granted with Overseas Citizenship of India and has an OCI card.
Some news regarding the Symbiosis Entrance Test are listed below:
- The SET 2019 Exam was rescheduled for Odisha and West Bengal test centres due to the Cyclone FANI.
- Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] Registration was started from 24th January 2019 and the last date to submit is on 21st April 2019.
- Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2019] will be conducted in two sessions:
- SLAT and SEED - 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM
- General SET and SITEEE - 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM
Q. How many times does the Symbiosis Exam is conducted in a year?
Ans. The Symbiosis Entrance Test SET is conducted once a year.
Q. Can I register for Symbiosis SET in offline mode?
Ans. No. The application form for SET will be available for filling in online mode only.
Q. Why SET Exam is required?
Ans. The exam is taken by the candidates to get admission into various courses of the Symbiosis International University and its other affiliated institutes.
Q. Is there any correction facility provided in SET Application Form 2019?
Ans. Candidates are informed to fill the application form carefully because there will be no correction facility provided by the authority.
Q. Is there any application fee concession for reserved category students?
Ans. No. There is reservation for seats in the admission process but the registration fee is the same for all category candidates.
Q. I have completed my schooling from NIOS. Can I fill the application form?
Ans. Yes. You are eligible to apply for the exam.
Q. I want to get admission in B.Tech and I have a JEE Main scorecard. So still, I have to give the SET 2019 entrance test?
Ans. No. If you have valid JEE Main scores then, you need not appear SET.
Q. Does my application form fee be refunded if I were to be absent for the SET Exam?
Ans. No, the application fee once paid by the candidate is non-refundable. Any request in this regard will not be entertained.