Get admission into Symbiosis International University or any of its affiliated institutes with help of SET 2020 exam. The exam allows admission of the candidates into courses of Law, Design, Engineering, etc. Want to know how to crack Exam? Follow preparation tips listed below.
- What is SET Exam?
- SET Exam Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- What is syllabus for SET?
- How to Prepare for SET Exam?
- Exam Pattern
- How to apply for SET Exam?
- Application Form
- SET Exam Admit Card?
- Exam Centres
- SET Exam 2020 Results
- Courses Offered
- Contact Details
- International Students - Guidelines
- SET FAQs
- Related Exams
What is SET Exam?
Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET] is a University Level Entrance Test conducted by Symbiosis International University, Pune for admission into Various Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses.
Entrance Exams: Symbiosis International University conducts various entrance exams depends on course opted i.e. Symbiosis Law Admission Test [SLAT], Symbiosis Entrance Exam for Design [SEED], SIT Engineering Entrance Exam [SITEEE], and Symbiosis Entrance Test [General SET].
Level: SET 2020 is a University Level Entrance Test conducted once in every year.
Conducting Body: Symbiosis International University, Pune has authority to conduct SET every year for admissions at 14 constituent Institutions of Symbiosis International University.
Mode & Date: Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET] is conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for all aspirants on May 4, 2020.
Highlights of SET exam 2020 is given below:
|Exam Name||Symbiosis Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Exam Date||May 4, 2020|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes|
|Helpline Number||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 020-67298050, 020-28116226/ 27|
SET 2020 Exam Dates
Official dates for SET 2020 have been announced by conducting body. Notification will be released in month of January 2020. Before appearing for SET 2020 exam dates are very crucial from exam point of view. Applicants who will be appearing for SET 2020 need to be very cautious about events related with exam dates. Candidates need to check for SET 2020 exam dates before appearing for exam. Exam date contains some specific parameters and parameters are listed as below:
- Registration: Application Form will be available on the official website of Symbiosis International University i.e. https://bit.ly/2BRhYyl from January 24, 2020 and last date to submit Application Form will be on April 21, 2020.
- Admit Card: Admit Card will be released online for all aspirants on April 24, 2020.
- Exam: Symbiosis Entrance Test will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for all aspirants on May 4, 2020.
- Results: Results will be declared on official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks on May 14, 2020.
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared Symbiosis Entrance Test [SET 2020] will be called for counselling process which will be held on May 31, 2020.
SET 2020 Exam Dates are given in list below.
|Important Events/ Schedules||Exam Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||January 24, 2020|
|Application Form Last Date||April 21, 2020|
|Late Date for Application Form Payment||21st April 2020|
|Admit Card Availability||April 24, 2020|
|SET 2020 Exam Date||May 4, 2020|
|SET 2020 Exam for Odisha and West Bengal||11th May 2020|
|Results Announcement||May 14, 2020|
|Commencement of Counselling||May 31, 2020|
SET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who will be appearing for exam need to meet eligibility scenaro at any circumstance because after meeting eligibility scenario they will be allowed to fill Application Form of SET 2020. SET 2020 eligibility criteria for admission to various programs in Symbiosis colleges require following qualification:
Educational Qualification: Eligibility criteria vary for different exams and they are listed as below:
- SLAT: Candidates must have completed 10+2 examination in relevant stream with minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
- SEED: Candidates must have completed 10+2 examination in relevant stream or 10+3 Diploma from a Government Approved Institute with minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
- SITEEE: Candidates must have completed 10+2 examination in relevant stream with minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
- General SET: Aspirants must have completed 10+2 examination in relevant stream with minimum 45% marks for general and 40% marks for SC/ST category candidates from a recognized Board of Education.
Reservation Criteria: As per UGC guideline 2006, institutes under University have different reservation policies. Highlights of reservation criteria is tabulated below:
|Category||Percentage of Intake|
|Kashmir Migrants||2 seats per program|
|Defence Quota||5% for SLS-PUNE and SICSR|
SET 2020 Eligibility for each institute and course differs. Variation of Eligibility Criteria institute wise is specified below:
|Sr. No.||Name of Institute||Name of Programme||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||SLS-Pune||Symbiosis Law School - Pune [SLS-BA LLB] Hons.||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Law School - Pune [SLS-BBA LLB] Hons.|
|2||SLS-NOIDA||Symbiosis Law School - Noida [SLS-BA LLB]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Law School - Noida [SLS-BBA LLB]|
|3||SLS-Hyderabad||Symbiosis Law School - Hyderabad [SLS-BA LLB]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Law School - Hyderabad [SLS-BBA LLB]|
|4||SCMS- Pune||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies [SCMS]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|5||SCMS-NOIDA||Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies[SCMS]- Noida||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|6||SICSR||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research [SICSR-BBA]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research [SICSR-BCA]|
|7||SID||Symbiosis Institute of Design [SID]||Standard XII (10+2) pass or equivalent examination from any recognized board OR equivalent Government approved Diploma (10+3) with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|
|8||SIT||Symbiosis Institute of Technology [SIT]||Standard XII (10+2) pass from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject. Obtained at least 45% marks or equivalent grade (40% marks or equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes) in the above subjects taken together.|
|9||SCMC||Symbiosis Centre for Media and Communication [SCMC]|
|10||SSE||Symbiosis School of Economics [SSE]|
|11||SSLA||Symbiosis School for Liberal Arts [SSLA]|
|12||SSCA||Symbiosis School of Culinary Arts [SSCA]|
What is Syllabus of SET Exam 2020?
Official syllabus for Symbiosis SET has not been defined. Syllabus is very much similar to class 12 syllabus for English and class 10 syllabus for Mathematics. Specification of SET 2020 syllabus structure is specified below:
- Syllabus: SET 2020 Syllabus will be decided by conducting authority every year.
- Subjects: Question paper comprises of following topic English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Analytical & Logical Reasoning.
- Reference Books: Candidates can refer to books which are preferred by conducting authority.
|Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Geometry and Measurement|
|Permutation and Combination|
|General Awareness||Business and Corporate|
|Awards and Entertainment|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Coding|
|Definitely True or False, Probably True or False Statements|
How to prepare for SET Exam 2020?
Your preparation for SET can be over a year long or just 2 months, it doesn't matter. What does matter is amount of commitment you have given to cause. So, before starting SET preparation or any preparation for that matter, it is crucial that you set your mind to that goal. Every task you do you should bear in mind that end result will make all of this worth it.
Now if you have fully committed yourself, follow the preparation steps given below:
Know Yourself First
Biggest part of preparation is knowing your strong points and your weak points. In this stage, you should be true to yourself and find out which areas you should really put in more effort. This will help you in managing huge amounts of material in front of you, as now you know where you need to practice more. Also, you must work on perfecting your strong points for those easy grabbing of marks in test.
Calculate estimated time you are giving for preparations (the total time you allocate from now to time of exam) and divide it equally as per the syllabus of SET Exam. Adjust your average time for solving each of questions as per your capability. Make a custom timetable for preparation as per your daily routine and make sure to include short breaks between long study periods. Divide preparation into several steps and complete them one by one. Completing preparation step by step would make you keep a track of how much preparation you have completed and how much preparation is yet to be done.
Study Material & Previous Year Question Papers
Students can prepare for this exam through study materials available in book stores or Internet. Mock tests are also a good way for preparations of exam. Students can practice mock test and work on their difficult points. Students can also practice previous year question papers of this exam. This will help students to understand type of questions, question weightage and pattern of exam.
SET Exam Pattern 2020
It is very essential that candidates should develop a clear idea about exam pattern before appearing for Symbiosis Entrance Test. Examination will be conducted for four different programs namely General, Law, Engineering and Design. Specifications involved in SET Exam Pattern is highlighted below:
- Mode: Symbiosis Entrance Test will be conducted online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT) for all aspirants on May 4, 2020.
- Question Type: Question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- Questions & Topics: Number of questions and topics will differ according to various SET conducted by Symbiosis International University
- Duration: Time given to complete for all examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes.
- Negative Marking: There will be No Negative Marking for wrong answers.
- Medium: Question paper will be in English.
SET 2020 Exam Pattern details are tabulated below:
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes i.e. 150 minutes|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
There are 4 types of exams in SET 2020 and each of it has a different pattern. They are mentioned as below:
- SLAT [Law]: Timing of SLAT exam is from 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Questions involved in SLAT exam 2020 are tabulated below:
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
- SEED [Design]: Timing of exam is from 09:30 AM to 12:00 PM. Exam Pattern of SEED is tabulated below:
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
- SITEEE [Engineering]: Timing of exam is from 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM. Question Pattern for SITEEE exam is given below:
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
- General SET: The timing of exam is from 02:30 PM to 05:00 PM. Question Pattern for General SET is given below:
|S.No.||Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|4||Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||30|
SET Registration Process 2020
Steps involved in registration process of SET Application Form are Listed below:
- Step 1: Candidates need to register yourself with Name, Email, Mobile Numbers, Password, Course, State, and City and after filling personal details click on submit.
- Step 2: Email and Mobile Number will be verified for future reference.
- Step 3: Applicants should fill Application Form with valid details such as Personal, Academic, Contact details.
- Step 4: You have to upload necessary document (Photograph) in Application Form
- Step 5: You have to Pay Application Fee through online (Debit Cards/ Credit Cards/ Net Banking) or Offline (Demand Draft in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat [STS]” payable at Pune)
SET 2020 Application Form
SET is entrance exam for law aspirants conducted by Symbiosis International University. Application form for Symbiosis Entrance Test can only be filled in online mode. Specifications of Application Form is specified as below:
- Registration Date: Application Form will be available on official website of Symbiosis International University from January 24, 2020 and last date to submit Application Form will be on April 21, 2020.
- Registration Fee: Candidates have to pay registration fee while filling SET 2020 Application Form of INR 1750/- for all candidates. If candidates wish to appear in two entrance Test i.e. Morning and Afternoon session then he/ she should pay INR 3500/-.
- Payment Mode: Candidates can pay Application Fee online (Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card) and offline (Demand Draft from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat [STS]” payable at Pune). Contact details where payment through Demand Draft should be processed is specified below:
Symbiosis Test Secretariat (STS)
Symbiosis International University(Deemed University)
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
SET 2020 Application Fee
Symbiosis SET 2020 Application Fee is INR 1750/- (one program), which is non-refundable. Category of candidates has no effect on fee amount for taking exam. Fee can be paid via online or offline mode.
- Online mode: Credit card, Net Banking, Indian Bank Net Banking
- Offline mode: Cash and Demand Draft.
Highlights of Application Fee is tabulated below:
|Registration Mode||Online and Offline|
For One Exam INR 1750/-
For Two Exams INR 3500/-
SET 2020 Admit Card
Admit cards for SET 2020 was available for download from official website. Admit card contains specific parameters and parameters are specified as below:
- Availability: SET 2020 Admit Card will be available on official website from April 24, 2020.
- Download: Candidates should download Hall-Tickets from University website. They have to enter SET ID and Password to access hall-ticket.
- Id Proof: Candidate must carry anyone government id proof such as Voter Id, PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, Passport along with the Admit Card.
Admit Card Details
List of particulars that should be present on SET Admit Card are as follows:
- Name of Candidate
- Roll Number/ Application Number of Candidate
- Exam Date
- Exam Time
- Exam Venue
- Photo and Signature of Candidate
- General Instruction
Note: Candidates are advised to read instructions on admit card carefully and follow them during conduct of the examination.
SET Exam Centres 2020
Online examination for SET/ SLAT/ SEED/ SITEEE 2020 will be conducted across India. Test centre allotted to candidates for SET exam will be mentioned on their admit card only. Parameters involved in exam centers are mentioned below:
- Centre: SET 2020 is conducted in 80 major cities across India.
- Choice of Centre: Candidate should mention Centre Code and Name of his/ her choice of Test Centre while filling Online Application Form.
- Change of Centre: Requests for change of Test Centre and Subject opted by candidate in Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Changes by Authority: Symbiosis Test Secretariat reserves right to change or allot a city other than one requested by candidate in event of requested city not being available for any reason.
List of exam centres are tabulated below
|Sr. No.||City||Sr. No.||City||Sr. No.||City|
|1||Agra - Uttar Pradesh||28||Gangtok / Bardang – Sikkim||55||Nagpur - Maharashtra|
|2||Ahmedabad – Gujarat||29||Guwahati – Assam||56||Nashik - Maharashtra|
|3||Ahmednagar - Maharashtra||30||Gwalior - Madhya Pradesh||57||Navi Mumbai - Maharashtra|
|4||Ajmer - Rajasthan||31||Hooghly - West Bengal||58||Noida - G Noida – Ghaziabad - Delhi NCR|
|5||Aligarh - Uttar Pradesh||32||Hyderabad – Telangana||59||Panipat - Haryana|
|6||Allahabad - Uttar Pradesh||33||Indore - Madhya Pradesh||60||Panjim - Goa|
|7||Ambala - Haryana||34||Jabalpur - Madhya Pradesh||61||Patiala- Punjab|
|8||Amravati - Maharashtra||35||Jaipur – Rajasthan||62||Patna - Bihar|
|9||Amritsar - Punjab||36||Jalandhar – Punjab||63||Port Blair - Andaman and Nicobar Island|
|10||Asansol - West Bengal||37||Jammu - Jammu and Kashmir||64||Pune - Maharashtra|
|11||Aurangabad - Maharashtra||38||Jamshedpur – Jharkhand||65||Raipur - Chhattisgarh|
|12||Bareilly - Uttar Pradesh||39||Jhansi - Uttar Pradesh||66||Rajkot – Gujarat|
|13||Bengaluru - Karnataka||40||Jodhpur – Rajasthan||67||Ranchi - Jharkhand|
|14||Bhilai - Chhattisgarh||41||Kanpur - Uttar Pradesh||68||Roorkee - Uttarakhand|
|15||Bhopal - Madhya Pradesh||42||Karnal – Haryana||69||Shillong - Meghalaya|
|16||Bhubaneswar - Odisha||43||Kochi / Ernakulam – Kerala||70||Shimla - Himachal Pradesh|
|17||Bilaspur - Chhattisgarh||44||Kolhapur – Maharashtra||71||Siliguri - West Bengal|
|18||Chandigarh / Mohali - Punjab||45||Kolkata - West Bengal||72||Surat - Gujarat|
|19||Chennai - Tamil Nadu||46||Kota – Rajasthan||73||Thane - Maharashtra|
|20||Coimbatore - Tamil Nadu||47||Kottayam – Kerala||74||Thiruvananthapuram - Kerala|
|21||Cuttack - Odisha||48||Kozhikode – Kerala||75||Thrissur - Kerala|
|22||Dehradun - Uttarakhand||49||Lucknow - Uttar Pradesh||76||Udaipur - Rajasthan|
|23||Delhi Gurugram - Delhi NCR||50||Ludhiana – Punjab||77||Vadodara - Gujarat|
|24||Dhanbad - Jharkhand||51||Madurai - Tamil Nadu||78||Varanasi - Uttar Pradesh|
|25||Dibrugarh - Assam||52||Meerut - Uttar Pradesh||79||Vijayawada - Andhra Pradesh|
|26||Faridabad - Delhi NCR||53||Mumbai - Maharashtra||80||Visakhapatnam - Andhra Pradesh|
|27||Gandhinagar - Gujarat||54||Mysuru – Karnataka||--||--|
Note: While all efforts will be made to ensure that candidate gets a test city as per his/her preferences, however, in some exceptional circumstances, a different test city in nearby area may be allotted.
SET 2020 Results
Merit list will be prepared in order of marks scored by candidates. Both merit list and results will be declared by official conducting authority. Parameters involved in Result section are as follows:
- Result Date: SET 2020 Results will be declared on official website for all category candidates based on qualified marks on May 14, 2020.
- Credentials: Candidates can check their result on official website in 'Symbiosis SET 2020 Results' link by using their User ID and Password. Save scorecard and print it out for future references.
- Cut-off: SET 2020 Cut-off is a minimum score that will be required to qualify for PI-WAT.
SET 2020 Counselling
Counselling process will start in month of June and candidates who are qualified in SET 2020 exam only can attend this process. Parameters involved in Counselling process are explained in detail below:
- Counselling: Candidates who have cleared Symbiosis Entrance Test 2020 will be called for SET 2020 Counselling which will be held on May 31, 2020.
- Selection: Admission will be based on marks secured in Symbiosis Entrance Test.
Note: All candidates must appear for counselling without fail on date mentioned by University.
Documents Required for SET 2020 Counselling Process
Candidates should carry necessary documents which are listed by University at time of counselling. Documents which should be brought without fail at time of Counselling are listed as below:
- Class X marks sheet and qualifying certificate
- Class XII marks sheet and qualifying certificate
- Symbiosis SET 2020 Admit Card
- JEE Main Score Card
- Migration and School Leaving Certificate
- Caste certificate if necessary.
SET 2020 Courses Offered
Symbiosis International University offer a number of courses. Highlights of courses and affiliated institutes under Symbiosis International University are tabulated below:
|SLAT||Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Laws (BA LLB Hons.)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration & Bachelor of Laws (BBA LLB Hons.)|
|General SET||Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)|
|Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication) or BA (MC)|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A)-(Liberal Arts)|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) in Culinary Arts|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) in (Economics) Hons.|
|Bachelors of Science (B.Sc) in Liberal Arts|
|SEED||Bachelor of Design (B.Des)|
|SITEEE||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)|
|Bachelor of Business Administration Information Technology (BBA-IT)|
SET Contact Details
In case of any discrepancies at any stage of Exam process, you should contact conducting authorities as soon as possible. Following table consists of contact details of SET exam authorities.
|Address||Symbiosis Test Secretariat Symbiosis International University, Gram- Lavale, Taluk- Mulshi, District: Pune - 412115, Maharashtra|
|Phone||020-67298050, 020-28116226/ 27|
SET 2020 International Students - Guidelines
Some rules and instructions for international students attempting SET 2020 Exam are as follows:
- Admissions of international students are centralized for all constituent institutes of Symbiosis International (Deemed University) and are routed through Symbiosis Center for International Education (SCIE).
- SCIE earmarks 15% of total intake of respective program for international students which include, Foreign Nationals (FN), Person of Indian Origin (PIO) Card Holders, Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) Card Holders, and Non-Resident Indians (NRI).
- A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she is a citizen of any country other than India and holds a foreign passport.
- As per Government of India notification dated 9th January 2015, all existing Persons of Indian Origin cardholders registered as such shall be deemed to be Overseas Citizens of India cardholders.
- A student is eligible to apply as OCI if he/she is granted with Overseas Citizenship of India and has an OCI card.
Q. How many times does Symbiosis Exam is conducted in a year?
Ans. It is conducted once a year by Symbiosis University.
Q. Can I register for SET in offline mode?
Ans. No. Application Form for SET will be available for filling in online mode only.
Q. Why SET Exam is required?
Ans. Exam is taken by candidates to get admission into various courses of Symbiosis International University and its other affiliated institutes.
Q. Is there any correction facility provided in SET Application Form 2020?
Ans. Candidates are informed to fill application form carefully because there will be no correction facility provided by authority.
Q. Is there any application fee concession for reserved category students?
Ans. No. There is reservation for seats in admission process but registration fee is same for all category candidates.
Q. I have completed my schooling from NIOS. Can I fill application form?
Ans. Yes. You are eligible to apply for exam.
Q. I want to get admission in B.Tech and I have a JEE Main scorecard. So still, I have to give SET 2020 entrance test?
Ans. No. If you have valid JEE Main scores then, you need not appear SET.
Q. Does my application form fee be refunded if I were to be absent for SET Exam?
Ans. No, application fee once paid by candidate is non-refundable. Any request in this regard will not be entertained.