Get admission into PES University, Bangalore with the help of the university level exam PES Scholastic Aptitude Test PESSAT 2020. This exam allows admission of candidates into various programs such as B.Tech, BBA, M.Tech, MBA, MCA, MSC in PES University. Want to know how to crack PESSAT exam? Follow preparation tips given below.
- What is PESSAT?
- PESSAT Exam Dates
- Who can apply for PESSAT?
- Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for PESSAT?
- How to apply for PESSAT?
- Admit Card
- PESSAT Exam Centres
- How to check PESSAT Results?
- Related Exams
What is PESSAT?
PESSAT stands for People's Education Society Scholastic Aptitude Test. PESSAT 2020 is a National-level online entrance exam conducted by the PES University, Bangalore, Karnataka to screen candidates for 2020 intake into various courses offered by it. PESSAT is the foremost step for candidates who want to get admissions into PES University for Under-Graduate (UG) and Post-Graduate (PG) programs.
Commitment: University is committed to providing an “Education for the Real World” that inspires students to realize their potential and push their boundaries.
Admissions: Based on the candidate's performance in the PESSAT 2020, PES University offers admissions to its various courses.
Registration: Application forms will be available for students on PESSAT 2020 Official website from October 5, 2019.
Exam centers: Engineering Exams will be conducted at various exam centers which are located all over the country for PESSAT. But, the test centers for all other courses will be conducted in Bangalore only at the campus of PES University.
Scores accepted: Aspirants for Bachelor of Design have to appear for PESSAT DAT. Admissions to B. Arch is done on the basis of NATA score and for BBA LLB (Hons) admission CLAT score will be considered.
B. Tech programs: Admissions for B.Tech programs can be taken through PESSAT 2020. Various B.Tech courses offered by PESSAT are Biotechnology, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering as well as Mechanical Engineering.
- PES University ranked #1 in Karnataka
- It is placed seventh on the list of 'India's Most Trusted' Educational Institutes
- PES University is in the list of Top 25 M.Tech colleges in India.
|Exam Name||Peoples Education Society Scholastic Aptitude Test 2020|
|Conducting body||PES University, Bangalore|
|Exam Level||University Level|
|Category||Undergraduate and Post Graduate|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode (Except for B.Des)|
|Registration Fee||INR 1050/-|
|Duration of the Exam||120 mins to 180 mins, depending upon the course|
|Medium of Exam||English|
Courses Offered through PESSAT
PES University offers various courses from various domains like Engineering, Computer Science to Management and Law. Courses offered in various domains are given below:
- BBA, LLB
- M.Sc (Applied Economics)
PESSAT Exam Dates
Notification for PESSAT 2020 examination will be released in the month of September 2020.
- Registration Date: The application form for the PESSAT 2020 will be released by PES University via online mode on the official website.
- Exam Date: PESSAT will begin on 2nd May 2020 and will be held till 20th May 2020.
- PESSAT Result Date: PESSAT Results for 2020 will be declared in the month of May 2020.
List of the tentative PESSAT 2020 Exam Dates are mentioned in the table below:
|Online Application Form Start Date||October 5, 2019|
|Online Application Form Finish Date for Candidates Outside of Bangalore||April, 12 2020|
|Online Application form Finish Date for Candidates from Bangalore||April, 14 2020|
|Commencement of Slot Booking||April, 19 2020|
|Date of Examination||April 21, 2020 to May 14, 2020|
|Announcement of Result||May 22, 2020|
|1st Round of Counselling||June 3, 2020|
|2nd Round of Counselling||July 2020|
Eligibility for PESSAT
Candidates who are interested in appearing for the PESSAT 2020 must ensure that they fulfill all of the eligibility criteria set forth by the PES University.
- Eligibility Criteria: PESSAT 2020 Eligibility varies from course to course, so candidates are required to check the eligibility for the course they are applying for.
- Attempts: Candidates will have only one attempt and no 2nd attempt to improve scores will be given.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates need to have cleared 10+2 examination or any proportionate exam approved by any recognized board with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
|B.Tech Course||Candidates must have completed their 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board|
|Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry|
|Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination|
|M.Tech Course||Candidates must have completed B.Tech/BE from a recognized university in a relevant branch|
|BBA Course||Candidates must have completed their 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board|
|MBA Course||Candidates must have completed their Bachelor Degree from a recognized university in any discipline|
|Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply|
|MCA Course||Candidates must have completed their Bachelor Degree from a recognized university in any discipline|
|Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination with Computer Science or Mathematics or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics or Statistics as one of the elective subjects.|
|Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination|
|B.Arch and BBA LLB Courses||Candidates must have passed the NATA examination for getting admission into the B.Arch program|
|Candidates must have passed the CLAT examination for getting admission into the BBA LLB Programme.|
|Candidates need to upload their NATA and CLAT scorecard while filling PESSAT 2020 application form|
Most of the Syllabus for the various courses of the PESSAT Exam is comprised of the 11th and 12th class of the CBSE board subjects.
- Engineering Course: Class 11th and 12th level questions from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are the PESSAT 2020 Syllabus for engineering courses. Candidates should have a good understanding of the subjects in order to clear the examination.
- Other Courses: Questions from Analytical & Logical Reasoning, English Comprehensive/Verbal Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, and General Awareness will be asked for other courses.
|B.Tech||Syllabus for PESSAT 2020 for this course will include these subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English. For Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, candidates are advised to follow their Class 12 syllabus. The English section here will contain questions on grammar only.|
|BBA||Syllabus for PESSAT 2020 for this course will include these subjects: English Comprehensive / Verbal Ability, Analytical & Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning|
|B.Des||Syllabus for PESSAT 2020 for this course will include these subjects: Basic Knowledge of Colors and Form, General Knowledge, Sensitivity to Aspects of Typography, Spatial Sense, Ability to Visualize/Imagine, 3D Visualization, Free-Hand Sketching, Interpreting Natural Laws and Basic Engineering, Basic English, Basic Analytical Ability. PESSAT for B.Des in the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) and it is a paper and pen test. Candidates are requested to bring with them pens, sketching pencils, eraser and a portfolio of any creative works done.|
|M.Tech||Syllabus for PESSAT 2020 for this course will include these subjects: Mathematics, Analytical & Logical Ability, Computer Awareness, English Comprehension.|
|MBA/M.Com||Syllabus for PESSAT 2020 for this course will include these subjects: English Comprehensive / Verbal Ability, Analytical & Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, General Awareness.|
|MCA||Syllabus for PESSAT 2020 for this course will include these subjects: Mathematics, Analytical & Logical Ability, Computer Awareness, English Comprehension.|
|M.Sc (Applied Economics)||Syllabus for PESSAT 2020 for this course will include these subjects: English Comprehensive / Verbal Ability, Analytical & Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Indian Economic Development.|
PESSAT Exam Pattern
The examination of PESSAT 2020 will only be conducted in online mode and each of the course has a different exam pattern.
- Duration: PESSAT 2020 Exam Pattern is very simple in which candidates will have 3 hours (180 Minutes) of time to complete the PESSAT exam who applied for B.Tech courses. The exam duration for other courses is 2 hours (120 Minutes).
- Number of Questions: There will be about 180 MCQs for 180 marks (1 mark for each question) and there will be no negative marking. The candidate can take full advantage of the no negative marking system and attempt all the questions.
- Sample Paper: Candidates can refer to previous year PESSAT Sample paper from the previous year to have an idea of the exam pattern.
The exam pattern for each of the courses offered by the PESSAT are given in the table below:
|Course||Subject||No. of Questions|
|BBA||English Comprehension/ Verbal Ability||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||45|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||20|
|MBA/M.Com||English Comprehension/ Verbal Ability||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||20|
|M.Sc (Applied Economics)||English Comprehension/ Verbal Ability||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30|
|Indian Economic Development||30|
How to prepare for PESSAT?
Preparation for PESSAT or any entrance exam for that matter needs mainly three things. Those are determination, patience, and perseverance. You need the determination to crack the exam no matter what. You need the patience to go through every step needed to achieve your goal. Finally, you need the perseverance to not be disappointed when faced with difficulties along the way. So make sure you possess these three things before you start your preparation.
Create a Custom Schedule
The first and foremost thing you need to do is to create a schedule for your preparation. Make a practical study plan that incorporates smoothly into your daily schedule. Make sure that you are able to stick to it. Planning your way will always have you ready to face unforeseen circumstances.
Divide all the subjects you need to prepare into multiple parts and distribute them evenly in your preparation schedule. Also, don't forget to include short breaks in between the preparation sessions so that you feel fresh throughout the preparation journey.
Your ability to manage your time in an exam is a major factor that determines your performance in that exam. So you need to cultivate a habit of assessing the time you take to answer each of the questions and the exam as a whole in the preparation stage itself. Practice mock test and come up with your own time-saving techniques that you could implement in the actual exam.
Practice Every Material
Try to complete every practice test, previous papers, mock tests, and sample questions you could lay your hands upon. This will familiarize you with all of the types of questions and techniques that are present in the exam, thereby giving you an advantage over others. You also will realize which areas you lack and where you are strong. Thus, you can restructure your schedule to include topics that you are weak in.
PESSAT Application Form
The application form is only made available to register in the online mode and the candidate has to visit the official website to fill in the form.
- Application Form Release: PESSAT 2020 Application Form will be released by the PES University on October 5, 2019.
- Mode of Application: Candidates can apply for PESSAT 2020 only through online mode.
- Application Fee: PESSAT exam fee is INR 1050/- which can either be paid through a debit/credit card online or offline by issuing a demand draft drawn in favour of 'PES University General Fund' which is payable at Bangalore, or by Challan.
Uploading of Documents
The candidates are needed to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature. They should be of the prescribed format which is the JPEG/ JPG or PNG only. Make sure that the photograph is a more recent one.
Note: There is no facility for correction of the PESSAT Application Form once it is submitted.
PESSAT Application Process
Candidates who are interested in taking the exam should visit the official website and register an account there. Follow the steps given below to register for the exam.
- Visit the official website of PES University.
- Enter the necessary details such as Course, Name, Gender, Date of Birth and Email.
- The Login ID is generated and sent to your email address.
- Using that login ID the candidate needs to log into the website and fill in the application form.
Note: Any error during application form filling may result in cancellation of candidature whether it might be intentionally or otherwise. But such candidates can apply through another application and this will be considered.
The PESSAT 2020 Admit Card will not be sent to the candidates individually and is only available in the official website of the PSE University.
- Release Date for B.tech: PESSAT 2020 Admit Card for B.Tech can be obtained from the month of April 2020.
- Release Date for other courses: Admit card for other courses will be available from the month of January 2020.
Note: The candidate will not be permitted into the Exam Centre without admit card, so it is a compulsory document to be carried along during the date of the exam.
The exam center for PESSAT 2020 will be mentioned on the admit card of candidates.
- Exam centers: PESSAT 2020 Exam Centres are spread around India in 39 cities. The number of test cities has been reduced by 3 from 42 test cities to 39 test cities this year. The slot booking is based on first come first serve.
- Select: Candidates have the liberty to choose the appropriate centres feasible for them to attend during the application form filling process.
- Frequency: PESSAT exam is conducted many times, but a candidate can only attempt once in a year.
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|New Delhi||New Delhi|
The PESSAT 2020 results will be announced on the official website of the University. Candidates can only check their results through online mode.
- Results: Results for PESSAT 2020 will be announced by the conducting authority 'PES University'. Results for B.Tech admissions will be announced on 27th May 2020, and the results for other courses will be declared a week after the date of the exam.
- Checking of Results: PESSAT 2020 Results can be checked on the PES website by entering the candidate's registration number and date of birth. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their exam scores and the performance in the interview.
It is the minimum score required by the candidate to acquire eligibility for admission and to take part in counselling. The cutoff will depend on the number of seats available and the candidates score in the PESSAT 2020. The cut off marks depend on various parameters and factors such as the total number of candidates appeared for the examination, the difficulty level of the examination and the availability of seats.
The counselling process is done to allot seats in the PES University. Only those who have made it in the merit list are allowed for the Counselling Process. Applicants who are selected on the basis of merit will be required to fill an application online with their details and secured marks.
- Counselling Process: PESSAT 2020 Counselling Process will begin from June and the first round of counselling is on 3rd June 2020. And the second round of counselling will be held on July 2020.
- Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on their score and number of seats available. All the shortlisted candidates will be called for the counselling session according to their allocated dates.
- Proxy Counselling: Candidates need to download the authorization letter from the website online, fill it and duly sign it to attend proxy counselling.
Documents required for the Counselling Process
Selected candidates should submit their authentic documents for verification. These documents include:
- PESSAT 2020 Admit Card
- PESSAT 2020 Rank Card
- 10+2 Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet if applicable
- Transfer Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- 6 Passport-sized photographs
- 2 DDs worth INR 2,80,000/- and INR 5,000/- in favour of "PES University General Fund" that is payable at Bangalore.
Some of the important instructions regarding the PESSAT 2020 exam are as follows:
- No candidate will be allowed to move out of the examination hall once the exam has commenced.
- Do not forget to take the PESSAT Admit Card along with you to the exam, it is the most important document and will be checked before starting the examination.
- Along with the admit card you also need to take a valid photo id proof to the exam.
- In case if the candidate has any problem with the computer they are provided with, he/she should immediately contact the invigilator.
- Candidates do not require to carry any pen, paper or any material of that sort. All of these things will be supplied by the examination centre.
- Before starting the exam, some rules and instructions will appear on the computer screen. Candidates are advised to read these carefully so that they can know how to operate the exam.
- Candidates that are found violating those will have to face certain consequences.
Contact the official authorities of the Examination in case of any problem with any stage of the examination. Their contact details are listed below:
|Address||PES University, 100 Feet Ring Road, BSK III Stage, Bangalore – 560 085|
|Phone||+91 80 26721983, +91 80 26722108|
Q. Is PESSAT 2020 online exam?
Ans. The PESSAT Exam is completely online and is a computer-based test.
Q. Is there any negative marking in PESSAT?
Ans. According to the exam pattern of the PESSAT, there is no negative marking for wrong answers, so candidates should be attempting as many problems as possible.
Q. Is there Management Quota in PES University?
Ans. Management quota seats are available for NRI/Indian students for higher tuition fees payable every year.
Q. I am appearing for the +2 exam, am I eligible for the PESSAT Exam?
Ans. Yes. Any candidate who is appearing for their qualifying exam is eligible for the exam provided that their results are announced before the admission into the university.
Q. How many chances can I take for PESSAT exam?
Ans. A candidate can take the PESSAT exam only once a year.
Q. I have already paid PESSAT application fee, but the PES portal says the fee is still pending, what do I do?
Ans. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and they see to that it is cleared.
Q. When can I book my slot to take the PESSAT exam for B.Tech?
Ans. The test slot booking for B.Tech starts in April every year.
Q. Is PESSAT score considered for admission at all PES Institutions?
Ans. No. PESSAT score is only considered for admission into the PES University.