SLIET 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, and Results
- What is the SLIET Exam?
- Programs Offered
- SLIET 2020 Exam Dates
- SLIET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- SLIET 2020 Admit card
- SLIET 2020 Exam Pattern
- SLIET 2020 Syllabus
- SLIET 2020 Result
- SLIET 2020 Counselling
- Related Exams
What is the SLIET Exam?
Latest Update: The SLIET SET 2020 Registration process was started on March 5, 2020. Candidates can submit their application forms before May 7, 2020.
- About: The full form of SLIET is Sant Longowal Institute Of Engineering And Technology. SLIET received Deemed University status in 2007. It is located in Longowal, Sangrur, Punjab. It was established by the Government of India and was set up in 1989 under Rajiv Gandhi - Longowal accord to fulfill the cherished dreams of late Sant Harchand Singh Longowal. It runs various UG and PG courses with its academic pattern being approved and recognized by AICTE.
- Institute: It is an autonomous body, fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD), Govt. Of India, and controlled by SLIET society. It is registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It is committed to provide the best possible technical education and to cater to the technical manpower requirements with an emphasis on practical training in the industry.
- Conducting Authority: The Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology-Guna (SLIET) conducts the SLIET Entrance Test which is a university-level annual test to seek admissions into various programmes.
- Courses Offered: Admissions are offered for major programmes in various streams of Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Humanities, and Management. It conducts various Certificate, Diploma, Degree, PG, and Ph.D. level programmes. Each semester span is for about eighteen weeks which excludes semester examinations. The academic study schemes are balanced at each level with various co-curricular activities.
- Features: Special lectures/invited talks by eminent personalities on the varied topic of academic relevance are organized at the department level. To motivate and encourage the students, a counselling system is also in-place which involves various faculty members. They act as the chief counsellor and class counsellors. It provides technical education in many emerging domains of Engineering & Technology. The educational programmes of this institute are non-conventional, innovative, practical oriented, and contain all aspects of the new education policy (1986) of Govt. of India.
- Evaluation: Students are evaluated continually throughout the semester by the course coordinators. The medium of instruction is English for all the courses run by the Institute.
SLIET 2020 Programs Offered
|SLIET 2020 Test Code||Program SLIET 2020|
|SLIET Entrance Test-I (SET-I)||Integrated Certificate Diploma (ICD)|
|SLIET Entrance Test-IA (SET-II)||For B.Tech|
|SLIET Entrance Test-III (SET-III)||Lateral Entry in B.Tech|
|SLIET Entrance Test-IV (SET-IV)||M.Tech, M.Sc, MBA|
|SLIET Entrance Test-V (SET-V)||P.h.D. Programs|
SLIET 2020 Important Dates
- SLIET 2020 Application Form for registration was released on March 5, 2020
- The last date of filling the Application Form will be May 7, 2020
- Admit Card for SLIET 2020 will be available on May 25, 2020 on its official website.
- Get more information about important dates in SLIET 2020 Important Dates section.
SLIET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- According to SLIET 2020 Eligibility Criteria, the aspirants applying for the UG programs must have completed 10/10+2 with a minimum score of 55% for the general category, and 50% score for reserved categories.
- For the diploma courses, a minimum score of 50% for general category and 45% for reserved categories is necessary.
- For PG courses, a minimum score of 60% for general category and 55% for reserved category and having a valid UG degree from a recognized institute is a must.
- There is no age limit to appear for the SLIET 2020 examination.
- Get more information about eligibility criteria at the SLIET 2020 Eligibility Criteria section.
SLIET 2020 Admit Card
- After having successfully submitted the SLIET Application form, the candidates can download the SLIET 2020 Admit Card, after its release on May 25, 2020, from the official website.
- There will be mention of important details of the candidate on the admit card such as the applicant's name, registration number, date of examination, exam centre and time, etc.
- Learn more about hall ticket in SLIET 2020 Admit Card section.
SLIET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The SLIET 2020 consists of MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) for 150 marks.
- The medium of the paper will be in Hindi, English, and Punjabi. But for physics, chemistry, and mathematics subjects the language will be in English.
- The time duration of the SLIET 2020 exam is 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- The candidates will be rewarded 1 mark for every correct answer and a deduction of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- To know more about exam paper patterns visit the SLIET 2020 Exam Pattern section.
SLIET 2020 Syllabus
- SLIET 2020 Syllabus is different for each subject depending upon the courses in which a candidate is applying for.
- The overall subjects include Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, General Knowledge, English, and other core related topics depending on the chosen subject paper.
- Get more information about the syllabus in the SLIET 2020 Syllabus section.
SLIET 2020 Results
- The SLIET 2020 Results will be announced on the official website from June 19, 2020.
- The results can be downloaded by the candidates from the official website by entering the application number and date of birth.
- Important credentials such as application number, Date of birth, and password should be used to log in to the official website and view the SLIET 2020 results.
- Get more information about results in SLIET 2020 Results section.
SLIET 2020 Counselling
- SLIET 2020 Counselling is most likely to be conducted on June 12, 2020.
- Candidates who are shortlisted will be receiving call letters via post to attend the SLIET 2020 Counselling sessions.
- The allocation of the seats depends on the scores obtained by the aspirants.
- Get more information about counselling in the SLIET 2020 Counselling section.