Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test is a state-level engineering entrance examination offering admissions to interested candidates in various technical and agricultural engineering courses in government and private institutes in Chhattisgarh. Get more detailed information about the Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Form, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, and More.
- What is CGPET Exam?
- CGPET 2021 Exam Date
- CGPET 2021 Eligibility
- CGPET 2021 Application Form
- CGPET 2021 Application Process
- CGPET 2021 Exam Centres
- CGPET 2021 Admit Card
- CGPET 2021 Exam Pattern
- CGPET 2021 Syllabus
- CGPET 2021 Reference Books
- CGPET 2021 Preparation
- CGPET 2021 Result
- CGPET 2021 Cutoff
- CGPET 2021 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is the CGPET Exam?
Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board i.e. CPEB conducts the CGPET which is also known as CG Vyapam, every year.
- Course Offered: Candidates will be provided admission to various streams of Bachelors of Engineering i.e B.E. programs through the CGPET examination.
- Mode of Exam: CGPET 2021 examination will be conducted in offline mode i.e Pen and Paper-based test.
- The CGPET Exam is conducted for the admission into engineering undergraduate programs of different streams in the state of Chhattisgarh. Candidates wanting to pursue engineering in the state of Chhattisgarh have to take the CGPET Exam which arranged by the CPEB. Candidates can register for the CGPET Exam from the official website of the exam which given below in the highlights table. After the CGPET, candidates who qualify the CGPET Exam can go through the counseling process for the admission into various engineering programs. The interested applicants who have appeared for the JEE Mains Exam do not have to appear for the CGPET Exam again, they will be given admission based on the JEE Mains Exam score.
Given below are the highlights of the CGPET 2021 Exam.
|Exam Name||Chhattisgarh Pre Engineering Test|
|CGPET Conducting body||Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CPEB)|
|Mode||Offline i.e Pen and Paper-Based Test (PBT)|
|CGPET Official Website||cgvyapam.cgstate.gov.in|
Email: [email protected]
CGPET 2021 Exam Date
The CGPET 2021 Exam will be conducted by the CPEB i.e Chattisgarh Professional Examination Board soon for admissions into undergraduate programs of engineering colleges. The CGPET 2021 Exam will tentatively be held in May, 2021. The CGPET 2021 Admission and Counselling will be based on the candidate's performance in the class 12 board exams and/or the JEE Mains Scores.
The CGPET 2021 Application form will made available on the official website shortly. All the CGPET 2021 Important Dates are listed below -
- CGPET Admit Card: The CGPET Admit Card release dates will be announced shortly and will be available on the official website.
- CGPET Exam date: As per the previous year trends, the CGPET exam will be conducted in May 2021.
- CGPET Result 2021: The CGPET Result is declared on the official website. The dates of the result will be announced once the exam concludes.
- CGPET 2021 Cut off: The cut off will be released along with the results.
- CGPET 2021 Counselling: The CGPET 2021 Counselling will be conducted based on the candidates' scores in the latest qualifying examination. The counselling for candidates with JEE Mains scores and CGPET qualified candidates will be conducted separately.
CGPET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates applying to the CGPET 2021 Exam must satisfy the CGPET 2021 Eligibility Criteria. Brief information regarding general CGPET 2021 Eligibility Criteria is given below:
- Education Qualification: Aspirants must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent exam from a state or a central board with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/Biology/ Bio-Technology as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum Percentage: Applicants from the General category should have a minimum of 45% aggregate in 10+2 or its equivalent. Candidates who belong to ST/SC category should have secured a minimum 40% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent to attend the CGPET 2021 exam.
- Age Limit: The upper age limit to apply for CGPET 2021 is 30 years as of 30th June 2021. For Agricultural Engineering, the candidate must be of 16 years of age and for the Dairy Technology, he/she should be 17 years of age.
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India as well as a resident in the state of Chhattisgarh. It is required for a candidate to have a domicile of the state of Chhattisgarh. It may be needed at the time of CGPET 2021 Counselling.
CGPET 2021 Application Form
The process of filling the CGPET application form is briefly discussed in this segment. The CGPET 2021 Application form is available online. Candidates who wish to apply to the CGPET 2021 Exam have to do so by going to the official website. Before applying candidate should check the CGPET 2021 Eligibility Criteria. The application form consists of three steps which are Registration, Uploading images and Payment of fee. The images which are to be uploaded must be in the given specification which states that they should be between 40-60kb and must be in JPEG/JPG format. The application fee differs with the category of the applicant.
|Category||CGPET 2021 Application Fee|
CGPET 2021 Application Process
The CGPET 2021 application process is an online process. The candidates must first register with all the valid information and essential details. Then they must fill the form and upload the documents as per the instructions.
The step by step procedure to fill the application form of the CGPET 2021 Exam is given below.
Steps to fill the CGPET 2021 Application Form:
- Go to the official website of CG Vyapam and follow “CGPET 2021 admission”.
- Fill in the name, password, and email ID to register and create a profile.
- After successfully filling all the required details, applicants can get their Registration ID number for the CGPET 2021 exam.
- Candidates now have to upload their scanned passport size photograph (4.5 x 3.5cm), thumb impression and signature in JPEG format. The size of the file should not exceed above 50KB.
- To finish the Registration Process, payment for the CGPET 2021 exam has to be done. The Application fee can be paid by credit card /debit card, net banking, or Bank challan of SBI Bank.
- Category wise CGPET 2021 Application fee details are provided in the table below:
- Once submitted, aspirants will not be allowed to make any changes in the CGPET 2021 Application Form. So, exercising the utmost caution is advised while filing the CGPET form.
Note: There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form to the exam conducting body.
CGPET 2021 Exam Centres
The list of CGPET 2021 Exam Centres are given in the table below -
CGPET 2021 Admit Card
The CGPET 2021 Admit card is an important document without which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam. The CGPET 2021 admit card is released online and holds much essential information like the candidate's roll number, exam centre and the time of the exam, important rules and guidelines that the candidate must strictly adhere to on the day of the exam.
Steps to download Admit Card
- Visit the official website of CGPET 2021.
- Use the application/registration number and password to log in.
- Click on the link tab “Admit card”.
- The admit card will be opened in a separate tab and can be downloaded from there.
- Note: Candidates will have to carry CGPET 2021 Admit Card along with one valid photo ID proof to the CGPET 2021 exam centre on the day of the exam.
- Photo ID proof can be anyone among driving license, voter ID, PAN card/Aadhar card, or any other govt ID. The photo of the candidate must be clear and visible on this ID proof.
CGPET 2021 Exam Pattern
Brief information regarding CGPET 2021 Exam Pattern is provided below:
- Duration: Candidates will have 3 hours i.e 180 minutes to attend 150 questions. Generally, questions will be taken from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and there is no negative marking.
- Question Type: CGPET 2021 questions paper will be in objective type format or multiple-choice questions (MCQs) pattern. Here, test-takers have to choose one option from a given choice of 4 options.
|Language of the exam||English/ Hindi|
|Mode of the exam||Offline (Pen & Paper-based)|
|Time duration of the exam||3 hours|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics|
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
CGPET 2021 Syllabus
The CGPET 2021 Exam is an entrance exam through which candidates will be given admission into the engineering programs available at different colleges in the state of Chattisgarh. Candidates appearing for the CGPET 2021 Exam should understand the CGPET 2021 Syllabus really well so that they can assess themselves and prepare for the CGPEPT 2021 Exam accordingly. The CGPET 2021 syllabus is important for all candidates so that they can gather all the study materials and prepare well.
CGPET 2021 Exam Syllabus will cover subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. This syllabus will be similar to higher secondary examination i.e 12th class. Apart from the class 12 textbooks, candidates can also make use of other study material available like study-guides, practice books, mock tests, etc while preparing for the CGPET 2021 Exam. The detailed topic-wise CGPET 2021 Syllabus is mentioned in the table below.
CGPET 2021 Syllabus - Physics
Candidates can refer to the detailed syllabus given below. The units and topics that come under each unit of Physics CGPET 2021 Syllabus have been listed below.
- Units and Dimensions
- Fundamentals and Derived Units
- Dimensional Analysis
- S.I. Units
- Linear Motion in One and Two Dimensions
- Cases of Uniform Velocity and Uniform Acceleration
- General relation among Position and Velocity
- Uniform Circulatory Motion
Force and Laws of Motion
- Force and Inertia
- Newton's Laws of Motion
- Conservation of Moment and Energy
- Static and kinetic friction
- Uniform Circulatory Motion
Work, Energy, and Power
- Work done by Force
- Elastic Collision
- Potential Energy
- Gravitational potential energy and its angular conversion to kinetic energy
- The potential energy of spring
Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia
- Rigid body rotation
- Torque Potential
- Angular momentum conservation of its momentum
- Moment of inertia
- Theorems of parallel and perpendicular axis
- Moment of inertia of the uniform ring
- Disc thin rod and cylinder only
- Acceleration due to gravity and its variation
- The universal law of gravitation
- Motion of satellites
- Escape velocity
- Synchronous satellite and polar satellite
Properties of Solids and Fluids
- Hook's law
- Young's modulus
- Shear and bulk modulus
- Surface energy and surface tension
- Fluid pressure
- Atmospheric pressure
- Viscosity of fluids
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Gas laws
- Kinetic energy and temperature
Heat and Thermodynamics
- Specific heats at constant volume and constant pressure
- Mechanical equivalent of heat isothermal and adiabatic processes
- Heat conduction in one dimension
- Convection and radiation
- Stefan's law and Newton's law of cooling Zeroth
- First and Second law of thermodynamics
- Periodic motion
- Simple harmonic motion
- Oscillations in spring
- Laws of a simple pendulum
- Transverse and longitudinal wave motion
- Speed of sound
- Principle of superposition
- Progressive and stationary waves
- Doppler Effect
- Wave nature of light
- Young's double-slit experiment
- The velocity of light and Doppler"s effect in light
- Total internal reflection
- Curved mirrors
- Mirror and lens formulae
- Dispersion in prism
- Absorption and emission spectra
- Optical instruments
- The human eye
- Defects of vision
- Resolving power of telescope and microscope
- Bar magnet
- Line of Force
- Torque on a bar magnet due to the magnetic field
- Earth's Magnetic Field
- Tangent galvanometer
- Vibration magnetometer
- Di magnetic and ferromagnetic substances
- Coulomb's law of electrostatics
- Dielectric constant
- Electric field and potential due to a point charge
- Dipole Field
- Gauss's law in simple geometric
- Electrostatic potential
- Parallel plate and spherical capacitors
- Capacitors in series and parallel
- The energy of a capacitor
- Electric Current
- Ohm's law
- Kirchoff's law
- Resistances in series and parallel
- Temperature dependence of resistance
- Wheat stone bridge
- Measurement of voltages and currents
Effects of Electric Current
- Magnetic thermal and chemical effect of current
- Electric power heating effects of currents
- Chemical effects and law of electrolysis
- Biot-Savart law
- Magnetic fields due to a straight wire, circular loop, and solenoid
- Force on a moving charge in a magnetic field (Lorentz force)
- The magnetic moment of a current loop
- Effect of a uniform magnetic field of a current loop
- Forces between two currents
- Ammeter and voltmeter
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Magnetic flux
- Electromagnetic induction induced emf
- Faraday's law
- Lenz's law
- Self and Mutual Inductance
- Alternating currents impedance and reactance growth and decay of current in L-R circuit
- Elementary idea of dynamo and transformer
Electron, Photon and Radio-Activity
- 'e' and 'e/m' for an electron, photon
- Einstein"s photoelectric equation
- Bohr model of the atom
- Hydrogen spectrum
- Composition of the nucleus, atomic masses, and isotopes
- Laws of radioactive decay, decay constant, half-life and mean life
- Mass-energy relation
- X-Ray properties and uses
- Elementary ideas of conductor
- Semiconductor and insulator
- Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors
- Digital circuit and logic gates
CGPET 2021 Syllabus - Physical Chemistry
Candidates can refer to the detailed syllabus given below. The units and topics that come under each unit of Physical Chemistry CGPET 2021 Syllabus have been listed below.
- Constitution of the nucleus
- Bohr's atom model
- Quantum numbers
- Aufbau principle
- Electronic configuration of elements (up to-Kr): De-Broglie relation
- Shapes of orbital
- Electrovalent and covalent bonds
- Hybridization (sp)
- Hydrogen bond
- Shapes of molecules (VSEPR theory)
- Bond polarity resonance
- Elements of VBT
- Modes of expressing concentrations of solutions
- Types of solutions
- Raoult's law of colligative properties
- Non-ideal solution and abnormal molecular weights
- Crystal lattices
- Unit cells
- Structure of ionic compounds
- Close-packed structure
- Ionic radii
- Imperfections (Point defects): properties of solids
- Radioactive radiations
- Radioactive decay
- Group displacement law
- Structure and properties of the nucleus
- Nuclear reactions
- Disintegration series
- Artificial transmutation
- Isotopes and their uses
- Radio-carbon dating
- Chemical equilibrium
- Law of mass action Kp and Kc
- Le Chatelier principle and its applications
- Ionic Equilibria in solutions
- Solubility product
- Common ion effect
- Theories of acids and base hydrolysis of salts
- pH: Buffers
Thermochemistry and Thermodynamics
- Energy changes during a chemical reaction intrinsic energy
- First law of thermodynamics
- Hess's law
- Heats of reactions
- Second law of thermodynamics
- Free energy
- The spontaneity of a chemical reaction
- Free energy change, and chemical equilibrium
- Free energy as energy available for useful work
- Rate of a reaction
- Factors affecting the rate
- The rate constant
- Rate expression
- The order of reaction
- First-order rate constant-expression and characteristics
- Arrhenius equation
- Oxidation number, and ion-electron methods
- Electrolytic conduction
- Faraday's laws: the voltaic cell, electrode potentials, electromotive force
- Gibb's energy and cell potentials
- Nernst equation
- Commercial cells
- Fuel cell
- The electrochemical theory of corrosion
- Colloids and Catalysis
- Colloids (types preparation and properties)
- Catalysis: Types and characteristics
CGPET 2021 Syllabus - Organic Chemistry
Candidates can refer to the detailed syllabus given below. The units and topics that come under each unit of Organic Chemistry CGPET 2021 Syllabus have been listed below.
Chemistry Of Hydro Carbon
- Calculation of empirical and molecular formulae of organic compounds
- Nomenclature of organic compounds
- Common functional groups
- Structure, and shapes of alkanes, alkenes, and benzene
- Preparation, properties and uses of alkanes, alkenes and alkynes
- Octane number
- Gasoline additives
Organic Compounds Based On Functional Group-Containing Nitrogen
- Methods preparation
- Chemical properties
- Correlations of physical properties
- Structures and uses of Nitro, Amino, Cyana and Diazo compounds
Organic Compounds Containing Organic Oxygens
- Methods preparation
- Chemical properties
- Correlations of physical properties
- Structures and uses of ethers, aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, and their derivatives
Chemistry In Daily Life
- Polymers: Classification, method of preparation
- Properties and uses of polymers
- Dyes: Classification, Structure of some important dyes
- Chemistry of Drug: Introduction and classification, Chemotherapy, Importance of the drug (Antipyretic, Antiseptic, Antibiotic, Anesthetics), Chemistry in food, cosmetics, and detergents
- Structures and biological importance of carbohydrates
- Amino acids
- Proteins, and enzymes
- Nucleic acids, and lipids
CGPET 2021 Syllabus - Inorganic Chemistry
Candidates can refer to the detailed syllabus given below. The units and topics that come under each unit of Inorganic Chemistry CGPET 2021 Syllabus have been listed below.
Principles Of Metallurgical Operations
- Ore concentration, extraction, purification
- Metallurgies of Na, Al, Fe, Cu, Ag, Zn and Pb, and their properties
- s, p, d, and f-block elements
- Periodic Table
- Atomic and ionic radii valency
- Ionization energy
- Electron affinity
- Metallic character
Comparative Study Of Elements
- Alkali metals
- Alkaline earth metals
- Nitrogen family
- Oxygen family
- Noble gases
- Electronic configuration of 3 Metal ions
- Oxidation states and other general characteristic properties
- Potassium permanganate
- Potassium dichromate
- Simple nomenclature
- Bonding, and stability
- Classification and bonding in organometallics
- The chemistry involved in simple inorganic qualitative analysis
- Calculations based on acid-base titrimetry
CGPET 2021 Syllabus - Mathematics
Candidates can refer to the detailed syllabus given below. The units and topics that come under each unit of Mathematics including Information Technology CGPET 2021 Syllabus have been listed below.
- Algebra of complex numbers
- Graphical representation of complex numbers
- Modulus and argument of complex numbers
- Square root of a complex number
- Triangular inequality
- Cube roots of unity
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Arithmetic geometric and harmonic means between two numbers
- Sum of squares and cubes of first Natural numbers
- Quadratic equations
- Relations between roots and coefficients
- Permutations and combinations
- Binomial Theorem (any index) exponential and logarithmic series
- Determinants up to third order and their order and their elementary properties Matrices types of matrices
- Adjoint and the inverse of a matrix
- Elementary properties of matrices
- Partial fraction
- Application in solving simultaneous equations up to three variables
- Trigonometry functions and their graphs
- Addition and subtraction Formula involving multiple and submultiples angles
- General solutions of triangles equations
- Relations between sides and angles of a triangle
- Solutions of triangles, inverse; trigonometrically functions, height and distance (Simple Problems)
Co-Ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates
- Straight-line pair to a straight line
- The distance of a point from a line angle between two lines
- Circle, tangents, and the normal system of circles
- Conic section Parabola, Ellipse, and Hyperbola in standard forms with elementary, properties tangents and normal
- Definition of vector
- Addition of vectors
- Components in three-dimensional space
- Scalar, and vector products
- Triple products
- Simple application in geometry and mechanics
- Function polynomial - rational trigonometric, logarithmic, and exponential
- Inverse function
- Limit continuity and differentiability of functions, differentiation of rational, trigonometric, and exponential functions
- Application of derivative in elementary problems in mechanics increasing and decreasing functions
- Maxima and Minima of the function of one variable
- Roll"s theorem and mean value theorem
- Integrations as the inverse process of differentiation
- Integration by the parts, by substitution, and by a partial fraction
- Definite integral, Areas under simple cures
- Formulation of a differential equation, order, and degree
- Solutions of differential equations by separation of the variable method
- The homogeneous linear differential equation of first order
- Probability addition and multiplication laws
- Conditional probability
- Binomial distribution
- Simple problems in correlation and regression
- Solution of equation by the methods of bisection, false-positions, and Newton-Raphson
- Numerical integration by trapezoidal and Simpson"s Rule
- Basics of computer and its operations
- Functional components
- Main parts electronegativity of computer
- Input devices
- Output devices
- Secondary storage devices
- System software
- Utility software
- Application software
CGPET 2021 Reference Books
Preparing for CGPET can be a challenging and uphill task for candidates. Referring to certain books with good quality will enhance their performance in the exam. Knowing about the Reference Books that are prescribed for CGPET 2021 will be the key for aspiring students to perform well in this exam.
|NCERT Physics for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT||Physics|
|Concepts of Physics Volume 1 and 2||H. C. Verma||Physics|
|NCERT Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT||Chemistry|
|NCERT Mathematics for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT||Mathematics|
|CGPET Success Package (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)||Arihant||-|
How to prepare for CGPET Exam?
Mentioned below are a few tips and tricks to crack the CGPET Exam
- Prepare a Time-Table and Try To Be Organised - It is very important to prepare a time-table. This will help the candidates appearing for CGPET Exam to work systematically and help you cover all the important sections of the syllabus.
- Practice Previous Years’ Question Papers and Take Up Mock Tests- Solve as many sample papers and previous year question papers as you can analyse them so that you get to know which topics you are weak at. Previous year question papers will also help you in understand the exam pattern and syllabus.
- Time Management - You need to learn how to manage time and it should be the utmost priority for CGPET 2021 candidates. The syllabus that needs to be covered for CGPET is quite vast and therefore managing time during the preparation of the exam is very important. Always remember to keep a track of time taken to cover a particular section or topic of the subject.
- Prepare Short Notes - Make short notes for yourself, this can make your preparation easy. Look through the study material and make short notes on important topics. Practice more on prepared topics and discuss them with your teachers, classmates, and tutors. This would help you a lot in revising the syllabus during the last few days before the examination.
CGPET 2021 Result
Candidates can download their results from the official website of CGPET by entering their respective registration number and password. Aspirants can view their CGPET 2021 Result from the official website when declared.
Steps to Check Result
- Visit the official website.
- Use the application/registration number and password to log in.
- Locate the “Check Result” tab.
- Click on that tab
- The result will be displayed. Download to submit it during CGPET 2021 counselling.
CGPET 2021 Cut-off
CGPET Exam Cutoff list will be released by the exam conducting body. It will determine the minimum marks required to appear in the merit list. In order to get shortlisted, candidates will have to score the CGPET 2021 Cut Off marks. The CGPET Cut Off changes every year. The authorities will publish two different lists for CGPET Cut Off and JEE Mains Cut Off. The CGPET Cut Off is calculated by the conducting authorities and it depends on multiple factors. These factors are mentioned below.
Factors affecting the Cut - Off
- The difficulty level of this year's exam.
- Total Number of seats offered.
- The total number of candidates appeared for the exam in 2021.
- Previous Year’s Cut off Trends
CGPET 2021 Counselling
The counselling will be done online and the admissions will be given based on the class 12 marks and the JEE Mains score obtained by the candidate. The counselling for CGPET 2021 will be conducted separately for candidates with JEE Mains score and the candidates with the latest examination marks. The counselling dates have not been released by authorities but candidates can expect the counselling to commence in the month of August, 2021 tentatively. The official dates will be announced very soon. To participate in the CGPET Counselling process, candidates will need to register for the same on the official website of the CGPET exam.
For B.E admission, the merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in Class 12th examination. There will be separate counselling rounds for the candidates with the JEE Mains score. For MCA admission, the merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the Bachelor's Degree. The counselling process for B.E and MCA admission will be directly conducted by the government. For those candidates who have already registered for CG PET and Pre-MCA entrance exam, the application fee will be used for the counselling process.
Aspirants who have cleared the cutoff of the CGPET exam are eligible to attend the CGPET 2021 counselling.
- CGPET 2021 Counselling Registration: Candidates need to register themselves in CGPET official website before counselling begins. But document verification is done only after seats are allotted in the online counselling.
- Note: The seat will be allotted based on a prospective candidate's merit, options filled by that candidate, and availability of seats.
- Address: Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board, Vyapam Bhavan, North Block, Sector- 19, Atal Nagar, Pincode - 492001, Chhattisgarh.
- Phone Number: 0771 - 2972780,
- Fax Number: 0771 - 2972782.
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Website: cgdteraipur.cgstate.gov.in