Want to get into Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU)? Prepare yourself for HPCET Exam by going through the Preparation tips given in the article given below.
- What is HPCET Exam?
- Courses Offered
- HPCET 2021 Exam Date
- HPCET Exam 2021 Eligibility
- HPCET Exam 2021 Application Form
- HPCET Exam 2021 Application Process
- HPCET Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
- How to Prepare for HPCET Exam?
- HPCET Exam 2021 Admit Card
- HPCET Exam 2021 Syllabus
- HPCET 2021 Exam Centres
- HPCET Exam 2021 Results
- HPCET Exam 2021 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is HPCET?
Established in 2010, Himachal Pradesh Technical University is responsible for conducting Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (HPCET) for candidates aspiring to pursue careers in fields like engineering and technology, management, and science education across the state. HPCET is conducted every year through offline mediums.
The Himachal Pradesh Technical University was established to create value through technical education and training, and management science. The university offers advanced diploma and degree courses to interested candidates.
- Courses Offered: Through HPCET 2021 candidates can gain admission to the B.Tech, B.Pharma, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, MCA, and MBA courses offered by various colleges under HPTU.
Organized by Himachal Pradesh Technical University, HPCET Exam is candidates aspiring to get admission into B.Tech, B.Pharm, MBA, M.Tech, MCA programs of Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
It is mandatory for the candidates appearing for the exam to carry their downloaded valid HPCET 2021 admit card to the exam centres. If the candidate fails to carry Admit Card to the exam hall he/she will not be allowed to write the exam.
To participate in HPCET counselling, candidates have to register again, they have to enter their preferred college and course and get their documents verified. In the table given below, you can find all the Important details of the HPCET Exam.
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test|
|Abbreviated As||HPCET 2021|
|Conducting Institute||Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
|Exam type||UG and PG|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Marking scheme||For Every Correct Answer Plus (+) 2 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Negative (-) 0.5 Mark for every Incorrect Answer|
The courses offered by HPTU and their duration is given in the table below:
|BHMCT & B.Sc||3 years|
|M. Pharmacy||2 years|
|M.Sc (Physics)||2 years|
|Diploma in Yoga||1 year|
HPCET 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can get updated with the information regarding HPCET 2021 Important Date on our website. To know detailed information about dates, check HPCET 2021 Important Dates section. Candidates have to keep a tab on the HPCET important dates so that they don’t miss out on any events which are related to the exam.
|Start of HPCET 2021 Registrations||To be announced|
|Last date to submit the HPCET 2021 application form||To be announced|
|Release of HPCET 2021 Admit Card||To be announced|
|HPCET 2021 Exam Dates|
|Announcement of HPCET 2021 Result|
Check HPCET Exam Dates to know more about the exam dates for the corresponding courses.
HPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the pre-defined Eligibility Criteria for HPCET 2021 carefully, to avoid making unnecessary mistakes during the admission procedure.
HPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria varies for each programme. For the B.Tech programme, candidates should have physics and mathematics as mandatory subjects and for the B. Pharma programme, the main subjects need to be physics and chemistry. To know more about Eligibility Criteria please go through the HPCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria section.
Eligibility criteria consist of all the requirements and conditions that the candidates have to satisfy to appear for the HPCET Exam 2021. The eligibility criteria of the HPCET Exam consist of age limit, nationality, marks in the qualifying examination, educational qualification, etc.
Candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria of HPCET to participate in the entrance examination. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria will be not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Percentage Criteria: For B. Tech, B. Pharma and B. Pharmacy (Ayurveda) programmes, the candidates should have secured a minimum of 45% marks for the general category and the reserved category (ST/ SC/ OBC) the same should be a minimum of 40%.
- JEE Main – Candidates who have cleared the JEE Main 2021 examination will not be required to write the HPCET examination. These candidates are eligible for direct admission to the college.
HPCET 2021 Application Form
Himachal Pradesh Technical University will release the application form for HPCET on the official website. After successfully submitting the HPCET application form the candidates are advised to take a printout of the confirmation page. The printed application form has to be submitted to the authorities through email or by personally sending it to the prescribed address.
All the important details regarding the application form are given below.
- Application Form Details: Candidates should enter all the details correctly and appropriately. The candidates need to register themselves on the official website for filling the HPCET 2021 Application Form.
- Documents Required: Along with the filled application form, the candidates should also need to upload a recent scanned passport size photograph and the scanned signature.
HPCET 2021 Application Process
The Candidates applying can purchase the application form for HPCET 2021 from the university's office or can apply online using the HPCET 2021 website. To know more details candidates can refer to the HPCET 2021 Application Process section.
- Application Form to HPCET: The Candidates will have to fill up the important details required in the application form, paste the passport size photographs, and do a valid signature on the form. The Candidates will have to mail the form to the provided address. Candidates who are applying online will have to obtain the form from the official website for HPCET 2021, fill in the required details and the end upload the scanned copies of the photographs and signature.
- Payment Mode: The candidates can make the payment for the Application Form either in cash or Demand Draft. If the candidate is applying online then he/she can make the payment using a Credit/Debit card or net banking.
HPCET 2021 Exam Pattern
HPCET 2021 exam will be conducted offline by filling the provided OMR sheet to answer the objective questions. Two marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect or opting more than one answer.
The Exam Pattern varies according to the course of the candidate. Given below are the exam pattern for different courses -
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Data interpretation and reasoning||25||50|
|General Knowledge and Computer Awareness||25||50|
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
How to prepare for HPCET 2021 Exam?
If you are focusing to crack the HPCET Exam, then you should try and follow these simple tips given below to stay ahead of others in the HPCET 2021 entrance exam preparation.
Prepare a Time Table - The best way to prepare for the HPCET exam is to prepare a time table. Set long term and short term goals for yourself. This will help you to become more disciplined and helps you get rid of all the distractions. Do not procrastinate. There is no point in preparing a time table if you keep on delaying the assigned tasks.
Start your Preparations Early - Make sure that start your preparation soon. Starting your HPCET Exam Preparation in advance, this will give you enough time to prepare for the exam and will also give you a lot of spare time for revision.
Attempt only the ones you can solve - 0.5 of the marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. So make sure that you attempt only the questions whose answer you know. You wouldn't want to lose any marks just because you answered a few questions wrong.
HPCET 2021 Admit Card
Admit Card for HPCET 2021 can be downloaded by entering the application number and selecting the preferred programme. The admit card contains important information of the candidate like their name, allotted exam centre, place, and category and is considered to be an important document for official identification purposes during the exam attempt.
HPCET 2021 Admit Card will be issued for all the candidates who have successfully filled and submitted the application form online. Candidates appearing for the exam have to download and take a print out of the admit card.
The candidates have to carry their original photo ID proof along with the HPCET 2021 Admit Card for verification at the exam centre. Without Admit Card the candidate will not be allowed to write the exam.
HPCET 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus is different for both PG and UG courses. The syllabus for HPCET is given below-
- UG Syllabus: HPCET 2021 Syllabus for the candidates applying for the undergraduate programme will have to prepare 10+2 level subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
- PG Syllabus: Aspirants for MBA, MCA, M. Pharmacy will have to prepare the graduate level of general aptitude.
HPCET 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates will need to opt for any of the available 16 HPCET 2021 exams centres according to their preference. Exam centre details will be printed on the admit card for the candidate's reference.
The list of Exam Centres for HPCET is given in the table:
|S.No||Exam City||S.No||Exam City|
HPCET 2021 Results
The HPCET 2021 results will be announced by the exam authority a few weeks after the exam has been conducted. Candidates can download the Result for HPCET 2021 from the official website.
How to check HPCET 2021 results?
The HPCET 2021 Results will be released on a date mentioned by the exam authorities. The candidates can check their scores online. The steps given below can be followed by the candidates to access the result.
- The candidate has to provide his/her name and their roll numbers. And then click on "Submit".
- The result is displayed on the screen.
- Candidates then have to download the result and take a print out for future use.
HPCET 2021 Counselling
Qualified candidates can attend the HPCET 2021 Counselling by paying the counselling fee. All the candidates who have cleared the JEE Main have to register to participate in the counselling procedure.
The candidates who have managed to clear the HPCET exam will not have to fill the application form and they can come for the counselling directly. 50% of the seats are reserved for JEE Main candidates and the rest are reserved for HPCET qualified candidates. Candidates need to carry all the original mark sheets and certificates along with the HPCET 2021 result printout for the counselling.
HPCET 2021 Contact Details
Address: Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur
Himachal Pradesh 177001, India
Phone: +91 1972 259 577
E-mail: [email protected]