Want to get into Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU)? Prepare yourself for HPCET Exam by going through the Preparation tips given in the article given below.
- What is HPCET Exam?
- Important Details
- Courses Offered
- Exam Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for HPCET?
- Admit Card
- Exam Centres
- Contact Details
What is HPCET Exam?
The full form of the HPCET is Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test. HPCET is a state level offline entrance exam controlled by Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) situated in Hamirpur. It was established in 2010 by an Act of Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh to promote engineering and technology, management and science education across its state.
- University Objective: Himachal Pradesh Technical University (HPTU) was built with an objective to deliver quality technical education training, innovation, and research To all over the state. Both short-term and long-term programmes are offered by the university in the advanced diploma and degree.
- Courses Offered: Through HPCET 2019 candidates can gain admission to the B.Tech, B.Pharma, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, MCA, and MBA courses offered by various colleges under HPTU.
- About HPCET 2019: HPCET 2019 is conducted once in a year via offline mode i.e (pen and paper-based test). Question Paper of HPCET 2019 will have multiple choice questions with four options, with only one correct answer.
HPCET Exam is conducted by Himachal Pradesh Technical University for admission to its B.Tech, B.Pharm, MBA, M.Tech, MCA programmes. Candidates have to fill the application form of HPCET 2019 in online mode. But before applying for the exam the candidate should make sure to go through the HPCET Eligibility Criteria.
It is mandatory for the candidates appearing for the exam carry their downloaded valid HPCET 2019 admit card to the exam centres. If the candidate fails to carry Admit Card to the exam hall he/she will not be allowed to write the exam.
To participate in HPCET counselling, candidates have to register again, they have to enter their preferred college and course and get their documents verified. In the table given below, you can find all the Important details of HPCET Exam.
|HPCET 2019 Overview|
|Exam Name||Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test 2019|
|HPCET 2019 Exam level||State level|
|Himachal Pradesh Technical University|
|UG and PG|
|HPCET 2019 Mode||Offline|
|HPCET 2019 Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
|Marking scheme||For Every Correct Answer Plus (+) 2 Marks|
|Negative Marking||Negative (-) 0.5 Mark for every Incorrect Answer|
The courses offered by HPTU and their duration is given in the table below -
|M. Pharmacy||2 years|
Candidates can get updated information regarding HPCET 2019 Important Date on our website. To know detailed information about dates, check HPCET 2019 Important Dates section. Candidates have to keep a tab on the HPCET important dates so that they don’t miss out any events which are related to the exam.
|Start of HPCET 2019 Registrations||March 5, 2019|
|Last date to submit application form of HPCET 2019||May 2, 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||May 9, 2019|
|HPCET 2019||May 12, 2019|
|Availability of Provisional Answer Key||May 15, 2019|
|Release of Final Answer Key||May 25, 2019|
|Announcement of Result||May 30, 2019|
- Application Form: Candidates can fill the HPCET 2019 application form from the official website of HPTU i.e. himptu.ac.in from 8th March 2019 onwards until 28th April 2019.
HPCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria varies for each programme. For the B.Tech programme, candidates should have physics and mathematics as mandatory subjects and for B. Pharma programme the main subjects need to be physics and chemistry. To know more about HPCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria please go through HPCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria section.
Eligibility criteria consist of all the requirements and conditions that the candidates have to satisfy to appear for the HPCET Exam 2019. The eligibility criteria of HPCET Exam consists of age limit, nationality, marks in the qualifying examination, educational qualification etc.
It is essential for candidates to meet the eligibility criteria of HPCAET to participate in the entrance examination. Candidates who do not satisfy the eligibility criteria will be not be allowed to appear for the HPCET 2019 exam.
- Percentage Criteria: For B. Tech, B. Pharma and B. Pharmacy (Ayurveda) programmes, the candidates should have secured a minimum of 45% marks for general category and for the reserved category (ST/ SC/ OBC) the same should be a minimum of 40%.
- JEE Main – Candidates who have cleared the JEE Main 2019 examination will not be required to write the HPCET examination. These candidates are eligible for direct admission to the college.
Himachal Pradesh Technical University had released the application form for HPCET 2019 in online mode on 8th March 2019. After successfully submitting the HPCET application form the candidates are advised to take a print out of the confirmation page. The printed application form has to be submitted to the authorities through email or by personally sending it to the prescribed address.
All the important details regarding the application form are given below.
- Application Form Details: Candidates should enter all the details correctly and appropriately. The candidates need to register themselves on the official website for filling the HPCET 2019 Application Form.
- Documents Required: Along with the filled application form, the candidates should also need to upload a recent scanned passport size photograph and the scanned signature.
The HPCET 2019 Exam Pattern is the exam will be conducted offline by filling the provided OMR sheet to answer the objective questions. Two marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect or opting more than one answer.
The Exam Pattern varies according to the course of the candidate. Given below are the exam pattern for different courses -
|SubjectS||Number of questions||Marks|
|SubjectS||Number of questions||Marks|
|Data interpretation and reasoning||25||50|
|General knowledge and computer awareness||25||50|
|SubjectS||Number of questions||Marks|
|Civil/Electrical/ Computer Science/ Mechanical||60||120|
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks|
How to prepare for HPCET Exam?
If you are focusing to crack the HPCET Exam, then you should try and follow these simple tips given below to stay ahead of others in the HPCET 2019 entrance exam preparation.
Prepare a Time Table - The best way to prepare for HPCET exam is to prepare a time table. Set long term and short term goals for yourself. This will help you to become more disciplined and helps you get rid of all the distractions. Do not procrastinate. There is no point in preparing a time table if you keep on delaying the assigned tasks.
Start your Preparations Early - Make sure that start your preparation soon. Starting your HPCET Exam Preparation in advance, this will give you enough time to prepare for the exam and will also give you a lot of spare time for revision.
Attempt only the ones you can solve - 0.5 of the marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer. So make sure that you attempt only the questions whose answer you know. You wouldn't want to lose any marks just because you answered a few questions wrong.
Admit Card for HPCET 2019 can be downloaded by entering the application number and selecting the preferred programme. The admit card contains important information of the candidate like their name, allotted exam centre, place and category.
HPCET 2019 Admit Card will be issued for all the candidates who have filled the application form online and submitted successfully. Candidates appearing for the exam have to download and take a print out of the HPCET 2019 admit card.
The candidates have to carry their original photo ID proof along with the HPCET 2019 Admit Card for verification at the exam centre. Without admit card the candidate will not be allowed to write the exam.
The syllabus is different for both PG and UG courses. The syllabus for HPCET is as given below-
- UG Syllabus: HPCET 2019 Syllabus for the candidates applying for the undergraduate programme will have to prepare 10+2 level subjects like physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology.
- PG Syllabus: Aspirants for MBA, MCA, M. Pharmacy will have to prepare the graduate level of general aptitude.
Candidates will need to opt for any of the available 16 HPCET 2019 exams centres according to their preference. Exam centre details will be printed on the admit card for the candidate's reference.
The list of Exam Centres for HPCET is given in the table-
|S.No||Exam City||S.No||Exam City|
Himachal Pradesh Technical University had declared the result of HPCET 2019 on #result_date in online mode. HPCET 2019 Results can be downloaded by the candidates by visiting the official website. A hard copy of the result displayed on the website needs to be carried by the candidate for the counselling process.
How to check HPCET 2019 results?
The HPCET 2019 Results released on May 30. The candidates can check their scores in online mode. The steps given below can be followed by the candidates to access the result.
- Candidate has to provide his/her name and their roll numbers. And then click on "Submit".
- The result is displayed on the screen.
- Candidates then have to download the result and take a print out for future use.
Qualified candidates can attend the HPCET 2019 Counselling by paying the counselling fee. All the candidates who have cleared the JEE Main have to register to participate in the counselling procedure.
The candidates who have managed to clear the HPCET exam will not have to fill the application form and they can come for the counselling directly. 50% of the seats are reserved for JEE Main candidates and the rest are reserved for HPCET qualified candidates. Candidates need to carry all the original mark sheets and certificates along with the HPCET 2019 result printout for the counselling.
Address: Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur
Himachal Pradesh 177001, India
Phone: +91 1972 259 577