The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra will announce the result a few weeks after MHT CET 2021 has been conducted. The scorecards will be uploaded on the official website of the MHT CET cell. Along with that, the conducting authorities will also release a provisional merit list containing the names of all the applicants who will be called to participate in the counselling. All the information related to the MHT CET result 2021 can be found on this page.
MHT CET Result 2021 Highlights
Previously, the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra was responsible for conducting the MHT CET examination. However, the State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra has taken over as the competent authority now. The candidates must familiarize themselves with the following facts related to the MHT CET result.
|Mode of result announcement||Online|
|Credentials required to access the scorecard||Application ID and Date of Birth|
|Minimum qualifying marks||50%|
MHT CET Result 2021: Important Dates
Due to the spike in the number of COVID-19 cases, the conducting authorities have postponed all the events, including the MHT CET 2021 application process. Once announced officially, the final dates for MHT CET 2021 result, and other related events will be updated in this section:
|MHT CET 2021 Exam Date||To be announced|
|MHT CET 2021 Result||To be announced|
|Counselling – CAP||To be announced|
How to check MHT CET Result 2021?
Candidates will be able to check their results on the official website, once they are announced. The detailed steps to access the MHT CET results 2021 are given below:
- Go to the official website created for MHT CET 2021.
- Find the link for MHT CET 2021 on the page that opens up, and click on it.
- The candidates will now be redirected to a new page.
- Find the result link and click on it.
- The candidates will now be required to enter the following details:
- Application No. or Registration No.
- Password or D.O.B.
- Read the security key/captcha provided below, and enter it in the space provided. Click on the login button.
- The candidates will be able to view their results now.
The candidates must download their MHT CET result 2021, and take a few printouts of the same, as it will be required in the further rounds of admission.
Details mentioned on the MHT CET 2021 Scorecard
The result will be shared on the official website in form of a downloadable PDF file. The candidates will find the following information on their respective MHT CET scorecards:
Candidate's personal details:
- Name of the candidate
- Category to which the candidate belongs
- Registration number
Candidate's performance in MHT CET 2021
- Paper-wise score
- Overall score
- Rank obtained by the candidate
- Qualification status
How to calculate MHT CET 2021 score?
The score of MHT CET 2021 can be calculated by using the below-mentioned formula:
- For Engineering and B.Tech Applicants:
MHT CET Score = (Total Correct Answers in Maths * 2) or (Total Correct Answers in Biology * 1) + (Total Correct Answers in Physics and Chemistry * 1)
The marking scheme for MHT CET is briefly discussed below:
|Correct Response (Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany)||+1 Mark|
|Correct Response (Mathematics)||+2 Marks|
|Incorrect Response||No Negative Marking|
Tie-breaking policy in MHT CET 2021
The tie-breaking policy is employed when two or more candidates obtain the same marks in MHT CET results 2021. In that case, the following points will be considered for the ranking:
- Candidates with less number of incorrect answers in Physics will be given first preference
- If the number of incorrect answers in physics is the same for two or more candidates, then the number of incorrect answers in Mathematics/ Biology will be considered
- If the number of incorrect attempts is the same in Mathematics/ Biology is the same, then the candidate with less number of incorrect attempts in Chemistry will be considered
- If that is the same, then the candidate who has a better score of 10 and +2 will be considered
- At last, the candidate who is older will be given preference
MHT CET 2021 Merit List
The State Common Entrance Test Cell of Maharashtra will release the provisional merit list on the official website. The merit list will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam. Selected candidates will be eligible to attend the counselling process. Candidates can submit their grievances (if any). The final merit list will be released after considering all the feedbacks and grievances. Candidates can follow the steps given below to check the merit list:
- Step 1: Visit the official website
- Step 2: In the notification section to the left side of the home-page, click on the 'Final Merit List Status' link
- Step 3: Enter the Application ID and date of birth to login
- Step 4: View and download the merit list
- Step 5: Take a print out of the same
MHT CET 2021 Expected Rank Analysis
To help candidates get a brief idea about their expected rank, a table is given below based on the analysis of previous year trends. Candidates can get a fair idea about the possible score by comparing their answers with the MHT CET 2021 Answer key. After having the score it's easier to predict the rank range. The percentile versus expected rank analysis is provided below:
|90 - 99||1 - 19,000|
|80 - 89||19,001 - 32,000|
|70 - 79||32,001 - 41,000|
|60 - 69||41,001 - 47,000|
|50 - 59||47,001 - 53,000|
|40 - 49||53,000 - 59,000|
|30 - 39||59,001 - 64,000|
|20 - 29||64,001 - 73,000|
|10 - 19||73,001 - 81,000|
Previous Years’ MHT CET Result Statistics
The MHT CET Results statistics for PCM students in the previous years have been listed in the table below.
|Marks Obtained||Number of PCM Students|
|200 to 176||257||297|
|175 to 141||2382||2417|
|140 to 126||6108||6208|
|125 to 101||13326||13314|
|100 to 49||211623||220240|
|40 and less||62922||41045|
MHT CET Cut Off 2021
The least score on which the admission is granted is referred to as the cut off. The cut off will be released by the conducting authorities shortly after the MHT CET result 2021 is announced. The candidates will be able to check it on the official website.
The candidates who have attained the minimum cut off marks in MHT CET 2021 can further apply to the participating colleges for admissions. They will be invited to participate in the MHT CET 2021 counselling process, which may comprise of GD and PI rounds.
Result verification for MHT CET 2021
- Marks verification: After the declaration of the MHT CET results 2021 if the candidate is not satisfied with his/her marks, he/she will have to submit a written request to the concerned authority. The written request must be sent along with a demand draft of INR 1000 within 4 days of the declaration of the results. The pattern for the application form for verification of marks is given below
- Demand draft: The demand draft should be drawn in favour of the 'Commissionaire State CET Cell, Mumbai,' payable at Mumbai.
- Written request form: Following are the important details to be written in the request application- The candidate's name, address, mobile number, MHT CET roll number, application form number, demand draft number, category of the candidate, state merit list number, and bank details.
- If any changes are made, the candidates will be informed. The answer sheet will be sent to the candidate via post after the results have been changed. The decision of the concerned authority will be final, and no requests will be entertained after the specified period.
- Revaluation: If the candidate is not satisfied by the MHT CET 2021 marks he/she got in HSC Exam, he/she can apply for the revaluation of HSC Marks. The same should be informed to the exam authority. The changes will be made in the subsequent rounds.
MHT CET 2021 Facts and Figures
Current year's facts and figures for MHT CET are not available yet. In 2019, around 2,84,239 candidates registered for MHT CET (PCM Group) out of which 2,83,000 actually appeared in the entrance examination for admissions to 1,38,741 seats under UG Engineering programs.
|MHT CET 2019 Statistics|
|Division||Paper I (Mathematics)||Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)||Paper III (Biology)|
|Candidates Present in Number||Candidates Present in %||Candidates Present in Number||Candidates Present in %||Candidates Present in Number||Candidates Present in %|
MHT CET 2020 Toppers List: PCM Group
The names of all the candidates who topped the MHT CET 2020 examination for PCM group are given below:
|1||Sanika Sanjeev Gumaste||100|
|2||Saurabh Bhalchandra Jog||100|
|3||Vanshita Prashant Jain||100|
|4||Ketaki Mandar deshmukh||100|
|5||Chaitya Nirav Vora||100|
|6||Soham Rohit Chitnis||100|
|7||Nishtha Vivek Pandey||100|
|9||Kratin Manish Jain||100|
|10||Rishabh Sudhir Bali||100|
MHT CET 2020 Toppers List: PCB Group
The names of all the candidates belonging to PCB group, who topped the MHT CET 2020 examination can be found below:
|1||Anish Arvind Jagadale||100|
|2||Varsha Hridaynarayan Kushwaha||100|
|3||Vedant Mukul Joshi||100|
|4||Tanay Anil Manjekar||100|
|5||Devansh Chirag Shah||100|
|6||Samradnyee Vijay Patil||100|
|7||Janhvi Dilip Chafle||100|
|8||Sumit Anand Walke||100|
|9||Arya Anand Chati||100|
|10||Vaidehi Jugal Loya||100|