Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan Deemed to be University conducts SAAT 2020 exam for admission to the UG & PG courses of Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, Agriculture, Law, Management, and Hotel Management. To join the engineering program, SAAT Result and JEE Main Scorecard will be referred. NEET scorecard will be considered for admission to the dental & medical programs.
- August 17, 2020: SAAT Result and Rank Card has been released on the official website. Please check the results section below to know more.
- As per August 17, 2020, SAAT Counselling (Branch Selection) has begun for both UG and PG programs of SAAT 2020 participating institutes.
- What is SAAT Exam?
- SAAT 2020 News
- SAAT 2020 Exam Date
- SAAT 2020 Eligibility
- SAAT 2020 Application Form
- SAAT 2020 Admit Card
- SAAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- SAAT 2020 Result
- SAAT 2020 Counselling
- SAAT 2020 Syllabus
- SAAT 2020 Preparation Tips
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is the SAAT 2020 Exam?
The Siksha O Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar is the conducting authority for Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test [SAAT] for admissions into their UG and PG programs in various disciplines like engineering, law, management, pharmacy, etc. The national level examination SAAT is conducted for applicants to the varied programs on offer by the institution, every year. The SAAT test is mainly aimed at those looking for admission into the engineering course of degree level at the University. Candidates looking to get admission into such courses should do so by making an application for SAAT Exam. Then after the results are declared the candidates will be given admission into these courses according to the merit list. The university will display a separate merit list for the candidates belonging to the reserved category. For admission into engineering programs, the university will consider SAAT results and JEE score cards whereas for the dental and medical admissions, the university will consider NEET scorecard along with the SAAT result.
The Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University is a private deemed University in Bhubaneswar, Odisha that is research-focused. The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development ranked SOA University 16th. The examination for SAAT 2020 has been postponed and new dates will be announced soon.
The SAAT 2020 Application Form is already released on January 1, 2020. SAAT 2020 is an objective multiple-choice test that is conducted Online at different exam centres across the nation.
Candidates must be passed in 12th class and should possess the minimum pass percentage to get a seat in the corresponding course in the qualification examination. The minimum pass percentage for all the course is detailed in the Eligibility Section. Syllabus for SAAT 2020 varies according to the course that the candidate wishes to join. Candidates are advised to go through the Important dates for SAAT 2020 and prepare for the test accordingly.
The SAAT 2020 Result will be available in the online mode under the Result tab on the official website. The seat allotment in the Counseling process for qualified candidates depends on the merit system. The allocated date to the candidate will be sent to their registered mobile number. Candidates should have all the documents required along with the SAAT 2020 Admit card to take part in SAAT 2020 Counseling Session. For reserved candidates, a separate merit list will be prepared. For admission in Engineering program, JEE Score Card is accepted alongside SAAT 2020 Score Card. For admission in Dental program, NEET Score Card is accepted alongside SAAT 2020 Score Card.
SAAT is an objective type entrance test conducted in Online mode only.
SAAT 2020 Summary
|Exam Name||Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University Admission Test|
|Exam Type||UG and PG Entrance|
|Conducting Authority||Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University|
SAAT 2020 News
- Candidates can check their result on the official website.
- The last date to submit the SAAT 2020 application has been extended till August 11, 2020.
- Candidates seeking admission in UG courses like B.Tech are provided based on marks scored by the candidates in SAAT and JEE Mains.
- For Medical courses, the admission to the aspirants is provided based on the NEET Exam.
SAAT 2020 Exam Date
Exam Dates are announced on the official website of SAAT 2020. Candidates can fill the Application Forms Online from January 1, 2020 till August 11, 2020 (Extended) when released. The exam authority releases a complete schedule with Exam Date, Admit Card Date, Result Dates. The SAAT 2020 Counselling schedule can be released with initial notification, or it can be released later in th process. The Exam dates are of two slots, as the exam is conducted in two slots, with multiples dates.
The table below has the detailed schedule of SAAT 2020.
|SAAT 2020 Event||Date|
|SAAT Registration begins||January 1, 2020|
|SAAT Registration ends||August 11, 2020|
|SAAT Admit Card release date||varies|
|SAAT Exam Date||August 3, 2020 to August 14, 2020|
|SAAT Result||August 16, 2020|
|SAAT unselling||August 17, 2020|
SAAT 2020 is conducted in two slots, mentioned below is the slot-wise dates for the same.
|SAAT 2020 Slot||Exam Date|
|SAAT Slot 1||August 3, 2020 to August 10, 2020|
|SAAT Slot 2||August 14 2020 to August 14, 2020|
For more information about exam schedule, please refer to the SAAT 2020 Important Dates section.
SAAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The SAAT 2020 is an entrance exam organized on a national level. The candidates should have obtained at least 45% marks for General category. In the case of the SC/ ST/ OBC category students, the minimum marks obtained should be 40%. The minimum criteria for SAAT 2020, the candidates should have passed class XII/12th or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and one of these subjects: Chemistry/Computer Science/Information Technology/Biotechnology/Statistics/Biology/Informatics or any other subject.
For M.Tech course, the candidates need to qualify the GATE Exam.
Candidates must check SAAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria before filling the application form.
SAAT 2020 Application Form
Eligible candidates can start filling the application form from January 1, 2020 until August 11, 2020. The SAAT 2020 Application Form is available on the official website. Read all the instructions and fill all the necessary details with the required information on the application form. For more information about the application form, kindly check the SAAT Application Form 2020 section.
Documents and Details Required for SAAT 2020 Form:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Name of the Candidate
- Email and Mobile Number
- Academic Details
- Category (Do not forget to produce certificates for the same.)
- Postal Address
SAAT 2020 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to get (download) their admit card from the official website of the University. You can download the SAAT #Admit Card by logging in using your credentials such as Application Number and Email Address. Candidates will not be allowed to enter and sit in SAAT 2020 entrance examination without the SAAT 2020 Hall Ticket. For detailed information about the hall ticket, please have a look at the SAAT 2020 Admit Card section.
Steps to Download SAAT 2020 Admit Card
- Visit the official website of SAAT 2020, check the link in the Contact Details.
- A new window will open for Admit Card access
- Enter the login cedentials such as application number, mobile number, email and click on submit
- A PDF of SAAT 2020 Admit Card will appear.
- Click on download and take a print of your SAAT 2020 Admit Card.
SAAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted in both the online and offline modes. The SAAT 2020 Exam duration will be of 120 minutes. Mentioned below is the detailed SAAT 2020 Exam Pattern with mode, marking scheme, and other details.
|SAAT 2020 Pattern|
|Exam Mode||Offline and Online|
|Paper Type||Objective Type|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|No. of Questions||180|
|No. of Sections||3|
|Questions per Section||
Physics - 60 Questions
Chemistry - 60 Questions
Mathematics - 60 Questions
|Marks for Each Correct Answer||+4|
|Marks deducted for Each Wrong Answer||-1|
SAAT 2020 Results
The result for SAAT 2020 entrance exam will be released on the official website of the university on August 16, 2020 (tentative). The results will be announced in the form of the merit lists. The merit lists will be released for the different streams like B.tech, B.Pharm, B.Sc, BHMCT, MCA, MBA, MHA, BA LLB etc. Candidates can check their SAAT 2020 Result on the official site of Siksha 'o' Anusandhan University. After the results are announced, the candidates will be invited for the counselling rounds. The SAAT #ear counselling will happen online. The candidates who clear the cutoff will get their names featured in the Merit List.
Note: The result of Engineering courses of SAAT 2020 is announced before the rest of the courses. The dates can differ and will be notified on this page.
Following are the points on which the Cutoff depends:
- Number of Students participating
- Difficulty Level of Questions
- Number of Seats Available
SAAT Merit List
Post the publication of results, the SAAT exam board will release a Merit List based on the score and other criteria. For the B.Tech aspirants, an exclusive merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, and Maths by the candidates. The selection procedure will take place on the basis of the rank secured in the merit list and as per the availability of seats. Stepwise method to check the SAAT 2020 merit list is written below.
- Go to the official website of SAAT.
- Click on the Link of SAAT 2020 Merit List.
- You will witness a list of programs, click on the one you appeared for.
- Check the PDF File.
- Review the merit list and save it for future reference.
SAAT 2020 Counselling
The SAAT 2020 Counselling usually begins with a week of result declaration. For SAAT 2020 the counselling will begin from August 17, 2020.
Candidates have to do the registration for counselling to take part in SAAT 2020 counselling process. The SAAT 2020 Counselling result is declared via mail or text message from the Counseling authority, the information of further procedure is also included with it. The selected candidates will require to submit the fee within the stipulated duration. For detailed information about the Counselling, please visit the SAAT 2020 Counselling section. Do not forget to produce your category certificate to avail benefit in the admission process.
SAAT 2020 Counselling process will be conducted in more than one round. So, a candidate should check this page and official website for updates. The counselling process will have verification of documents, following is the list of documents required:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- Character Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If required)
- Aadhar Card
- SAAT 2020 Admit Card
- SAAT #year Rank Card
- Other Certificates (In case of Sports quota, and other extra-curricular)
SAAT 2020 Syllabus
Candidates who are interested to attend SAAT 2020 are advised to go through the SAAT 2020 Syllabus to prepare themselves to get qualified in SAAT 2020. The SAAT 2020 includes the topics based on which the SAAT 2020 will be framed. Candidates can also download the SAAT 2020 Mock Test Paper for their better knowledge.
SAAT 2020 Preparation Tips
The SAAT 2020 is a national level entrance test with high competetion. In #year, many exams are assuming Remote Proctored format, candidates are advised to get an understanding of this exam method by trying a mock test in the same format. Candidates appearing in SAAT 2020 can’t afford to leave anything to luck. So, they must have in place an effective preparation strategy, which will include elements like revision, solving sample papers and previous years question papers.
Additionally, the candidate also needs to know the syllabus, as it will help the candidate identify scoring areas and also weak areas that need their attention. Learning in detail about the exam pattern of SAAT 2020 would also lend punch to the candidate’s preparation.
Guidelines for SAAT 2020 Exam
- Bring 2 colour photographs, Identity proof and photocopy of ID Proof as mentioned in the application for the verification process.
- Calculators /Mobile Phones/Pagers/ Docu-pens are not allowed in the examination hall either in the on/off condition.
- The candidates are requested to reach the examination before one hour.
- The examination hall will be opened half an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- No candidate will be allowed in the examination hall after the start of the examination.
- The candidate is required to put his\her signature on the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilators.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall until the completion of the examination.
- Candidate should not leave the examination hall without information the invigilator in any case.
- Having in possession of any notebook(s) or notes or chits or any other unauthorized material concerning the subject about the examination paper.
- A candidate who fails to observe these regulations may be disqualified and debarred from appearing in SAAT examination.
- The admit card is issued provisionally is subject to the scrutiny of the eligibility. The candidate would be considered for the admission only after verification of the eligibility.
- The candidate is not allowed to change of seat without the prior permission of the invigilator.
Email: [email protected]