JEE Advanced aspirants can apply for the exam only in the online mode. The online registration process starts for JEE Advanced 2021 after the JEE Main results are released. At the time of registration, candidates have to enter their details such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, password (generated at the time registration), etc.
Before applying the JEE Advanced 2021 application form, candidates must ensure that they have the scanned images of their signature and photograph in the specified format. Candidates can take extra copies of JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form for future use. They must upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature.
The events listed in the below table may subject to change and once it is mentioned on the official website it will be updated.
|Schedule/ Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Start Date to Fill the Application Form||May 5, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||May 18, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form for Foreign Candidates||To be announced|
JEE Advanced 2021 Application Fee
JEE Advanced 2021 has included the GST amount in the registration fee. The JEE Advanced application form fee details are given below.
Registration Fee for JEE Advanced Examination Centres in India
|Female Candidates (All Categories)||INR 1400 + GST|
|SC, ST, PWD Candidates||INR 1400 + GST|
|All Other Candidates||NR 2800 + GST|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC Countries||USD 75 + GST|
|Candidates from non-SAARC countries||USD 150 + GST|
|Late Fee||INR 500|
|All Indian Nationals||USD 75 + GST|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC Countries||USD 75 + GST|
|Candidates from non-SAARC Countries||USD 150 + GST|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
For JEE Advanced Examination Centres Outside India
The table below gives detailed information on the JEE Advanced application fees for all candidates; Indian Nationals outside India, Foreign Nations - SAARC, and non-SAARC exam centers candidates.
|All Indian Nationals||USD 75 + GST|
Candidates from SAARC Countries
|USD 75 + GST|
Candidates from non-SAARC Countries
|USD 150 + GST|
|Late Fee||All||USD 80|
Documents Required for Filling JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form
The list of certificates and other documents that have to be uploaded at the time of the JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form process are given below:
- Signature: The candidate must possess a scanned copy of their signature.
- Colour Photo: The candidates must have a scanned copy of the passport size coloured photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph should be taken within the last six months.
- Class 10 Certificate: The candidates should have a scanned copy of the Class X examination certificate.
- Class 12 Certificate: The candidates must have a scanned copy of the Class XII or equivalent examination certificate.
- OBC-NCL Certificate: If the candidates belong to the OBC-NCL category then they must possess OBC-NCL Certificate. OBC-NCL certificate (FORM-OBC-NCL) should have been issued on or after 1st April 2018 in confirmation with the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
- SC/ST Certificate: If the candidate is from SC/ST category then he/she must have SC/ST Certificate as per the latest guidelines of the Government of India.
- PwD Certificate: If the candidates fall under the category of Disability, then they must have a Disability Certificate issued by the notified medical authority.
- Scribe Letter: If the candidate wants to avail of the services of a scribe, the candidate must have the scribe letter in the prescribed format from the Chairman of JEE Advanced 2021.
- PIO card or OCI certificate: If the Candidate belongs to PIO/OCI category then he/she must have PIO/OCI certificates.
- DS Certificate: The candidates who fall under DS category must have a certificate issued by a competent authority in the Directorate of Resettlement and Rehabilitation, New Delhi under the Ministry of Defence or the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Format and Specifications: The above-given documents must be uploaded in the below-given format
|Certificates||Remarks||Format||Min Size (KB)||Max Size (KB)|
|Class-X or Birth Certificate||Required for all candidates||JPG||50||300|
|Class-XII (or equivalent) Certificate||Required only for those who have passed in the year 2017 and 2016 (if the examination Board of Class XII (or equivalent) declares the results for the academic year 2015-16 after June 2016||JPG||50||300|
|Category Certificate||Required only for SC /ST /OBC-NCL candidates||JPG||50||300|
|PwD Certificate||Only for those who have opted PwD as “Yes”||JPG||50||300|
|Scribe Request Letter||Only for those who have opted PwD as “Yes” and Scribe Request Letter as “Yes”||JPG||50||300|
|DS Certificate||Only for those who have opted DS as “Yes”||JPG||50||300|
|OCI Card / PIO Card||For those whose nationality is OCI or PIO||JPG||50||300|
How to Apply for JEE Advanced 2021?
As the application form cannot be edited once submitted, students need to be very careful throughout the process. Below we have given a step-by-step guide on 'How to fill JEE Advanced application form', which will further ease the process.
- Step 1: Go to the JEE Advanced 2021 official website - jeeadv.ac.in
- Step 2: Click on the link given for registration.
- Step 3: Enter the details like JEE Main 2021 Roll number, Password and Security pin. Click on Login button.
- Step 4: Enter the details like personal, academic, communication and other details. Also, choose the JEE Advanced Exam Centres according to your preference.
- Step 5:
- Upload the Certificates: Upload the scanned copy of documents like 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet etc
- Upload Photograph: Click on the "Upload Photograph" button and browse your computer to select and upload your photograph.
- Upload Signature: Upload the scanned copy of your signature.
- Step 6: The Application form fee can be paid either through online or offline.
- Step 7: After fee payment confirmation, download and take the printout of the application form for future reference.
JEE Advanced 2021 Application Fee Payment
The JEE Advanced 2021 Application form fee can be made in two modes, online and offline. The payment process in both modes is described below.
JEE Advanced Application Fee Payment In Online Mode
To pay the JEE Advanced 2021 application form fee online via Net banking or SBI debit card follow the steps below.
- At the time of payment of the Registration Fee, the option of “Pay Registration Fee” will be displayed. Click on it and the system will automatically redirect to State Bank Multi Option Payment System (MOPS) page.
- As per your convenience may select any of the available options such as SBI Debit Card or Internet Banking. After successful payment, you will be able to print the completed Registration Details page with UNIQUE Registration Number.
JEE Advanced Application Fee Payment In Offline Mode
If any candidates want to make the JEE Advanced 2021 application form payment via SBI, follow the steps below.
- In the mode of payment is Cash, select the “SBI Branch” and the system will automatically generate a bank challan. Take a printout of it and pay the application fee in cash at any SBI branch.
- After successful payment, you will be able to print the complete registration details page with Unique Registration Number.
Payment for Exam Centres Outside India
Follow below mentioned steps for JEE Advanced application form payment procedure for SARRC and non-SARRC exam centre candidates.
- Candidates seeking Exam Centres outside India are required to pay the registration fee as mentioned above through International Debit or Credit Card issued by Foreign Banks and issued outside India. Payment in US $ (dollar) is not allowed through Debit Cards / Credit Cards issued in India.
- After successful payment, you will be able to print the completed Registration Details page with Unique Registration Number.
JEE Advanced 2021 Application Form Process for Foreign Candidates
- Step 1: Visit the official website for JEE Advanced 2021 and click on 'Proceed to Register online'.
- Step 2: Click on the "Foreign candidate direct registration" button.
- Step 3: Fill in the registration form with personal details, academic details, address, exam centre and choose a password.
- Step 4: Upload the documents required like for the JEE Advanced application from 2021: scanned photograph, signature, ID proof etc
- Step 5: Pay the registration process fee of JEE Advanced 2021 application form.
How to Reset JEE Advanced 2021 Password?
If the candidates forget the password after they have filled their JEE Advanced application form 2021, they can retrieve the password by the given methods below:
- Security Question: The candidate has to answer the security question that candidate had selected while filling the JEE Advanced application form.
- Verification code: The candidate has to enter the verification code sent to his/her registered mobile number.
- Reset link: The candidate can retrieve the password by using the reset link that will be sent to registered e-mail ID.
Guidelines for Applicants of JEE Advanced Application Form 2021
- Exemption: The registration fee does not include service charges, processing fees, and any other charges that the banks may levy.
- Declaration: Candidates must read the declaration before clicking the "Submit" button to verify that all information is correct with no grammatical mistakes.
Guidelines for International Applicants
Important Guidelines for the foreign candidates who wish to fill the JEE Advanced application form 2021 are:
- Candidates who are not citizens of India (by birth or naturalized), doesn't belong to the OCI category, and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under the OCI category at the time of registering for JEE Advanced 2021 are treated as foreign nationals.
- Supernumerary seats are allotted to foreign nationals with a cap of 10% of the total number of seats in every course.
- Foreign nationals are not eligible for the reservation of seats under the OBC‐NCL, SC, ST, and PwD categories as mandated by Govt. of India.
- These candidates are not required to write JEE MAIN and may register for JEE Advanced 2021 directly subject to fulfilment of other eligibility criteria.
- Identity proof of both the parents is required in the form of a Citizenship Certificate/ Passport.
How To Edit JEE Advanced Application Form
There is no option to change any details after submitting the JEE Advanced application form; once the application form is submitted, no information can be altered. Students need to take utmost precaution while filling the application form, before submitting the online application cross-check every information twice to be on the safer side.
Forgot JEE Advanced Application Number
If you have forgotten the application number, there is nothing to worry as there are multiple ways you can retrieve it, recovering JEE Advanced application number and password is fairly easy. Firstly, you can always look for the mail sent by the authorities after you filled your JEE Advanced application form, and the mail will display the Application Number and other details. Secondly, you can check the application number from the official website. Just visit the website and click on 'forgot application number'. You will ask to submit the security answer or an OTP on your registered number. You will be displayed your application number after the process.
JEE Advanced Application Form FAQs
Q1. I appeared in class 12 examination for the first time in 2019 and my exam results were declared by June 2019. I appeared for JEE Advanced 2019 but did not appear in JEE Advanced 2020. Am I eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2021?
Ans. No, you are not eligible for JEE Advanced 2021.
Q2. Are PIO and OCI card holders eligible to appear in the exam?
Ans. Yes, PIO and OCI card holder are eligible for JEE Advanced.
Q3. I am a PwD candidate with 40% disability and have a PwD certificate. Am I eligible to take the benefits of the scribe and an hour extra during JEE Advanced 2021 exam?
Ans. Any such service request shall be made during the JEE Advanced application form process, only those candidates who are given permission will be eligible.
Q4. Is attempting Paper-1 and Paper-2I compulsory in JEE Advanced 2021?
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory to attempt both the papers.
Q5. I had taken admission to NIT in 2019, can I give JEE-Advanced 2021?
Ans. Yes you can appear for JEE Advanced 2021.
Q6. What is the last day to apply for JEE Advanced 2021?
Ans. The last day to apply for JEE Advanced 2021 has not been announced yet however, the tentative date is May 18, 2021?
Q7. How to edit JEE Advanced application form?
Ans. Application can't be edited once submitted.
Q8. How to recover JEE Advanced Application number and Password?
Ans. JEE Advanced application number and password are easily recoverable, please refer to this article on 'Forgot JEE Advanced Application Number' section.