Nova Scotia Community College, Montreal (NSCC) in its 15 campuses offers more than 140 programs for international students. The total student population is almost 20,000 and NSCC welcomes international students from all over the world. Advanced Diploma, Diploma and Certificate courses are provided by the college.
International students can apply to NSCC by paying an application fee of $75 through the official website. The below steps should be followed to complete the application.
- Select the two programs of choice
- Admission Requirements review
- Documentation and language requirements review
- Check whether you qualify for NSCC scholarships
- The application must be completed before the deadline
Nova Scotia Community College Admission Requirement
NSCC has over 130 programs in different areas of interest such as Building and Manufacturing, Business, Media, IT, Engineering, Culinary and Tourism, Language studies etc. The admission requirements for international students differ according to programs.
Undergraduate Admission at Nova Scotia Community College
Undergraduate courses offered at Nova Scotia include Diploma, Advanced Diploma in programs like Human Resource Management, International Business, Tourism Management, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Public Relations, Photography etc.
Eligibility Criteria for International Students
- Language Requirements - Applicants have to either pass IELTS, TOEFL, PTE with a required score or have done English language studies from an English speaking country.
- Acceptable Documentation - Transcripts from the previous institution can be Official or Interim (currently enrolled). It should be verified by a credential verification service provider of NSCC and Equivalency must be provided.
- A Post-Secondary credential with a minimum number of hours - 720 hours for certificate programs, 1,440 hours for diploma programs and 2,160 hours for Degree programs.
Nova Scotia Community College Application Process for International Students
NSCC has Citizenship and Residency priority to offer admission that is Canadian citizens living in Nova Scotia are given the first priority, second priority to the Canadian citizens living outside Nova Scotia and third to the applicants who are not residents or citizens of Canada. Therefore it is competitive to get into NSCC.
- Proof of Citizenship and Residency
- English language score
- Equivalency of Interim or Official Transcripts sent by the issuing school
- Completed checks of Criminal records and Vulnerable persons
- Post-credential with the no. of instructional hours mentioned
How to Apply?
- The international students can apply to NSCC through the official website by selecting two programs of choice.
- In the next step, admission requirements and documents must be reviewed. The admission requirements include the priority status, language requirements, acceptable documentation and a post-secondary credential.
- Applicants can check whether they qualify for NSCC scholarships after the review of documents.
- The application must be submitted before the deadline after finishing the above steps.
Nova Scotia Community College Application Deadlines
The intake of international students into NSCC happens in Fall starting in September and Winter starting in January. The students have to complete the entire application and submit it before the deadline.
Fall 2022 (Starting in September 2022)
May 1, 2022 (Closed)
Admission Procedure of Nova Scotia Community College
After completion of the application before the deadline with required documents such as the language requirements, transcripts with equivalencies, post-secondary credentials etc. The process required for completing the admission are:
- The non-refundable tuition deposit must be paid
- Immigration information with Temporary Visa and permits must be applied
- Tuition fees and International student fees must be paid in advance
- Emails should be checked regularly for further updates