NEET PG score is accepted by some of the top universities in India which include B.J.Medical College, Gajara Raja Medical College, Madras Medical College. Students who are interested in pursuing M.D or PG courses in medicine can give NEET exam.
Studying this page completely will help the candidates to understand many factors of this exam. In addition to details about the entrance test, it also provides the preparation tips required for a student.
- What is NEET PG?
- NEET PG Exam Dates
- NEET PG Eligibility 2020
- NEET PG Syllabus
- NEET PG Application Form
- NEET PG Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for NEET PG 2020?
- NEET PG Admit Card
- NEET PG Exam Centers
- NEET PG Results
- NEET PG Cutoff
- NEET PG Counselling
- NEET PG FAQs
What is NEET PG?
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate which is also known as NEET PG. NEET PG 2020 is a national level entrance exam that is organized by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year. The medical entrance exam was scheduled for January 6 across 148 cities in CBT mode.
National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The first NEET PG was held by the National Board Of Examinations from the 23rd of November till the 6th of December in 2012, which was referred to as the "Testing Window".
NEET PG 2020 is conducted by NBE for the Admission of Postgraduate Course in the field of Medicine. The NEET PG Exam is conducted once a year in the month of January.
NOTE: The below mentioned NEET PG 2020 Exam dates are tentative.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination|
|Frequency||Once a Year (in January)|
|Exam Date||6th January 2020|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for the Correct Answers-1 Mark for Wrong Answers|
|Course Offered||MD / MS / PG|
NEET PG Exam Dates
The NEET PG Application form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority from November 2, 2019 to November 22, 2019. The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for NEET PG Exam 2020.
The NEET PG Exam Dates will be announced on the official website itself. The NEET PG 2020 is a Computer-based test.
|NEET PG 2020 Application Form Start date||November 2, 2019|
|NEET PG 2020 Application Form Ends date||November 22, 2019|
|NEET PG 2020 Admit Card date||December 30, 2019|
|NEET PG 2020 Exam date||January 6, 2020|
|NEET PG 2020 Result||January 31, 2020|
|NEET PG 2020 Counselling Date||March 15, 2020 onwards|
Note: The dates mentioned above are tentative. One has to wait for the official notification. Dates might be subjected to change after authentic announcements are out.
NEET PG Eligibility
The candidates who are applying for the exam should satisfy the below-given NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 which is given by the official conducting Authority. Only if they satisfy the following Eligibility they can apply for the NEET PG Exam. It includes some points like age limit, educational qualification, eligibility for state quota seats, etc.
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
|Education Qualification||Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.|
|Internship||Completion of the rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2019. (minimum 12 months)|
Apart from the above-mentioned criteria, one has to qualify the minimum eligibility marks which are the cutoff mark set by the exam authority.
NEET PG Syllabus
The NEET PG 2020 Syllabus is a very important component to streamline a candidate's preparation as a part of the examination. Syllabus pattern has a total of 14 subjects. After reading it, students are advised to practice previous year NEET PG exam question papers to score well.
The questions are framed from a total of 14 subjects. The topics are taught at MBBS and BDS subjects in colleges approved by Medical Council of India (MCI).
The marks distribution for all the 14 subjects is different. The Syllabus will include Anatomy, General Medicine, Paediatrics, and ENT, etc.
NEET PG Application Form
The exam registration process will start from November 2, 2019 and the last to register is November 22, 2019. Candidates who were applying for the first time needed to register first, before filling up the application.
Candidates who were first-time users had to follow the instructions under the heading "I am ready to register" in order to get themselves registered for NEET PG 2020.
Candidates can save their login credentials to make logging in easier or request to resend the details of the Admit card or NEET PG 2020 application, in case they forget the login credentials.
How To Apply For NEET PG?
- Step 1: Fill the Registration Form and receive the login credentials.
- Step 2: Fill the NEET PG Application Form
- Step 3: Upload the Digital signature and Photograph File
- Step 4: Fee Payment For the Application Form
- Step 5: Take Printout of the Filled Application For Future Reference.
The NEET PG 2020 Application Form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority. The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.
|Mode of NEET PG 2020 Application Form||Online|
|Application Fees||General/OBC - INR 3750/-SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped) - INR 2750/-|
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only|
Documents Required To Apply For NEET PG
The following documents are required to apply for NEET PG Exam:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Marksheets of MBBS
- Internship Completion certificate
- A scanned file of Signature and certificate
NEET PG Exam Pattern
The NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern is decided by the National Board of Examination (NBE). The candidates who are applying for the exam can check the Pattern in the below-given table. This entrance test is a national level exam.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Questions)|
|Type of NEET PG 2020 Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for the Correct Answers-1 Mark for Wrong Answers|
How to Prepare for NEET PG 2020?
Plan your study time in an effective and efficient way. Allow sufficient time for all the subjects. Prepare a timetable for your everyday tasks. Next, check the NEET PG previous year Question Papers and get an idea about the exam pattern and the type of questions asked in NEET PG exam.
- Keep the record: Keep a record of everyday work, and make sure that today’s work is done better than yesterday's work.
- Divide the time: Candidates should make a proper timetable by dividing the time, allotting more time for the important sections in the exam.
- Study Materials: Lots of study materials are available online as well as in the market. Moreover, candidates can check out the reference books to get knowledge about the exam topic. Apart from using reference books, the most effective material to study is the NEET PG Question papers.
- Priority: Firstly, work on the topics which you feel tougher and give more focus to those topics, and most importantly don't neglect any of the topics.
- Revision: For better results, a candidate must do a proper revision after competing for each topic.
- Mock test: Practice with NEET PG Mock Papers and learn from your mistakes by assessing it without anyone's help.
NEET PG Admit Card
NEET PG 2020 Admit Card will be available on the official website from December 30, 2019. Candidates need to download the NEET PG 2020 Admit Card and attach their scanned passport size photograph on the hall ticket.
Any of the authorized photo IDs will be accepted (must be original, valid and non-expired). i.e. PAN card, Aadhaar Card (with photograph), Driving License, Voter ID, Passport. Candidates will have to carry any of the above-mentioned ID along with Admit card to Exam hall.
The candidates will have to follow the below-given steps to download the call letter:
- Step 1: Go to the official website Click on the Admit card link.
- Step 2: Enter the login credentials
- Step 3: Copy the Captcha Code as given in the picture.
- Step 4: NEET PG Admit card will be displayed. Take a Printout of it.
- Step 5: A passport size photo should be affixed on the hall ticket.
NEET PG Exam Centres
The Candidates can preferably choose an exam city which is nearby and convenient to them while filling the details on NEET PG online Application Form.
It must be noted that the request for a change in test venue will not be accepted after the final allotment. Applicants must carry a valid ID proof along with the Admit Card for identity verification. Entry without Photo ID proof will be prohibited.
NOTE: Candidates are advised to reach the test centre 30 minutes before the reporting time. A late entry to the examination premises will not be allowed.
Documents need to carry on NEET PG Exam Day
The candidates will have to carry the following documents to the exam hall:
- A printed copy of NEET PG 2020 Admit Card.
- A photocopy of Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI/SMC.
- A photo ID proof.
- Foreign Nationals who are taking up NEET PG 2020 should carry their Passport to the Examination hall along with Admit Card.
NEET PG Results
The Candidates can view NEET PG 2020 Results on the official website of National Board of Examinations from January 31, 2020. Candidates should enter their "Test ID and Date of Birth" to download their NEET PG scorecard.
The details of the candidates and their scores in NEET PG 2020 will be sent to the State Private Universities/Institutes. This will be done without applying any eligibility criteria, reservation criteria, etc of the concerned states/ UT, Private Universities or Institutes.
NOTE: There is no provision for re-checking/re-totaling/re-evaluation of the question paper, answers, score and no query in this regard will be entertained.
How To Download NEET PG Result Scorecard?
The candidates will have to follow these steps to download the result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website, click on the Result.
- Step 2: Enter the Candidate ID and Password.
- Step 3: Click on the login button and download the NEET PG Results
NEET PG Cutoff
The Cutoff of NEET PG 2020 Exam will be made available Percentile mode. The equivalent marks to the Cutoff Percentile will be given along with the result.
The Central Government of India in consultation with Medical Council Of India has lowered the NEET PG 2019 Percentile by 6 percentile. The State Counseling Committees are advised to grant Admission on the basis of revised percentile.
The NEET PG Exam Lowered Cutoff Percentile and Scores are as below:
|Category||Lowered Cutoff||Lowered Scores||Lowered Cutoff||Lowered Scores|
NEET PG Question Paper Analysis
- As per the analysis of previous year NEET PG question paper, the questions were from the syllabus prescribed by MCI. According to the students, the NEET PG 2020 exam was very easy to moderate and the questions from Pre-Clinical section were more difficult as compared to other sections.
- The paper analysis of the NEET-PG 2020 showed that questions on Anatomy and Physiology topics seemed complicated.
- Candidates should do a proper revision because the syllabus of NEET PG is somewhat extensive and those who have done a proper revision can attempt the paper easily.
- Some students also mentioned that image-based questions, which help in checking the diagnosis skills of a candidate, were simpler in NEET PG exam.
The Selection and admission to any postgraduate seat in an institution recognized by Indian Medical Council (IMC) are only when a candidate fulfils the admission criteria, eligibility criteria, medical fitness and criteria set by the university or Institutions.
The National Board Of Examination (NBE) has no role in counselling or allocating the seats to candidates.
NEET PG Counselling
The Candidates will be eligible to sit for NEET PG 2020 Counselling under All India Quota seats only if he/she has secured a minimum of 50 percent marks and has a name in the merit list published by Medical Counselling Committee. The second round of counselling is yet to start now from April 5th, 2020.
NEET PG counselling for admissions to State Quota seats shall be conducted by the concerned States/designated authority University using NEET PG 2020 scores and as per their eligibility criteria.
Admission Process for All India 50% quota seats will be carried on by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India using the results for All India 50% quota seats
NEET PG 2020 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses which includes the following sections:
- All India half share seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (in all states with the exception of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Telangana).
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses will have the state quota seats in all the States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana)
- All private medical colleges, institutional and universities/deemed universities across India with MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Board specialty courses (January 2020 Admission Session).
The following Medical institutions do not follow centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET-PG for the 2020 session as these institutes were set up by some separate laws.
- All India Institute Of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow.
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry.
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru.
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum.
NOTE: The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conducting NEET-PG exam, declaring the results and relinquishing the authority of results to MCC, DGHS, MoHFW for onward transmission to State Counseling Authorities.
NEET PG Exam Hall Guidelines
If at any point of time during training/examination, a candidate is found indulging in any of the following, he/she shall be deemed to have used unfair means and necessary actions will be taken.
- If a candidate has filled wrong details in his/her application form for admission to examinations/counseling/ training or has attempted to secure or has secured admission to any of the examinations of NBE by making a false statement or by producing a false document.
- If at any stage a candidate has tampered with an entry in the certificate or statement of marks or any other certificate issued by a governmental or non-governmental body or any other document that has been issued to him/her by the Board.
- Use/possession of any kind of electronic gadgets including mobile phones with or without an active internet connection (whether the gadgets are actually used or not).
- Having a notebook(s) or chits or any other unauthorized material concerning the subject pertaining to the examination paper.
- Anything wrote on any part of clothing, body, desk, table or any instrument such as set square, protractor, blotting paper, question paper, etc.
- Giving or receiving assistance directly or indirectly of any kind or attempting to do so.
- Change of seat without the permission of Examiner.
NEET PG FAQs
Q. Will NEET PG be conducted twice a year?
Ans. No, NEET PG is conducted only once in a year.
Q. Is there any limit on the number of attempts in NEET PG?
Ans. No, a candidate can attempt any number of times.
Q. Is there a Negative marking in NEET PG?
Ans. Yes, for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted from the total.
NEET PG Contact Details
The candidates can contact NEET PG if they have any queries.
||+91-11-45593000 (30 lines) The telephone numbers can be accessed from 9:30 am to 05:30 pm from Monday – Friday.|
|Fax Numbers||+91-11-45593009 / +91-11-45593031|
|Postal Address||National Board of ExaminationsMedical Enclave, Ansari Nagar Ring Road, New Delhi-110 029|