NEET PG score is accepted by some of the top universities in India which include B.J.Medical College, Gujarat Raja Medical College, Madras Medical College. Students who are interested in pursuing M.D or PG courses in medicine can give NEET PG 2021 exam.
Studying this page completely will help the candidates to understand many factors of this exam. In addition to details about the entrance test, it also provides the preparation tips required for a student.
Latest News on NEET PG 2021
- October 31, 2020: The NEET PG 2021 Exam Date is postponed until further notice. The exam was previously scheduled to be held on January 10, 2021.
- What is NEET PG?
- NEET PG 2021 Exam Date
- NEET PG 2021 Notification
- NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
- NEET PG 2021 Application Form
- NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for NEET PG 2021?
- NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
- NEET PG 2021 Exam Centers
- NEET PG 2021 Result
- NEET PG 2021 Cut off
- NEET 2021 Counselling
- Contact Details
What is NEET PG?
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate which is also known as NEET PG. NEET PG 2021 is a national level entrance exam that is organized by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) every year. The medical entrance exam was scheduled for January 10, 2021 across 148 cities in CBT mode.
|Exam Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examination|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Exam Date||January 10, 2021 (Tentative)|
|Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for the Correct Answers-1 Mark for Wrong Answers|
|Course Offered||MD / MS / PG|
National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The first NEET PG was held by the National Board Of Examinations from the 23rd of November till the 6th of December in 2012, which was referred to as the "Testing Window".
NEET PG 2021 is conducted by NBE for the Admission of Postgraduate Course in the field of Medicine. The NEET PG Exam is conducted once a year in the month of January.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Date
NEET PG 2021 Application form was available on the official website of the conducting authority from November 21, 2020 to December 7, 2020. The candidates who satisfied the eligibility criteria had applied for NEET PG 2021 Exam.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Dates was announced on the official website itself but has been postponed until further notice as per the official notification released by the conducting authority. NEET PG 2021 is a Computer-based test. The NEET PG 2021 Exam Date is elaborated in detail below.
|Events||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|NEET PG 2021 Application Form Start date||November 21, 2020|
|NEET PG 2021 Application Form Ends date||December 7, 2020|
|NEET PG 2021 Admit Card date||December 31, 2020|
|NEET PG 2021 Exam date||Postponed until further notice|
|NEET PG 2021 Result||January 31, 2021|
|NEET PG 2021 Counselling Date||March 22, 2021 onwards|
NEET PG 2021 Notification
The NEET PG 2021 Notification was released by the NBE (National Board of Education) in its official website. The NEET PG 2021 Examination was conducted on January 10, 2021 and the application process was carried out from November 21, 2020 and terminated on December 7, 2020. The Admit Card for the examination was released on the official website on the December 31, 2020. Candidates can check in to this page regularly for further updates and information associated to the NEET PG 2021 Examination.
NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are applying for the exam should satisfy the below-given which is given by the official conducting Authority. Only if they satisfy the following Eligibility they can apply for the NEET PG 2021 Exam. It includes some points like age limit, educational qualification, eligibility for state quota seats, etc. The details on the NEET PG 2021 Eligibility Criteria are mentioned below.
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
|Education Qualification||Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.|
|Internship||Completion of the internship on or before 31 March 2021. (minimum 12 months)|
Apart from the above-mentioned criteria, one has to qualify the minimum eligibility marks which are the cutoff mark set by the exam authority.
NEET PG 2021 Syllabus
- NEET PG 2021 Syllabus is a very important component to streamline a candidate's preparation as a part of the examination.
- Candidates will be able to prepare for the NEET PG 2021 according to the Syllabus.
- Syllabus pattern consists of a total of 14 subjects.
- After reading and going through the subjects, students are advised to practice previous year NEET PG exam question papers to score well.
- The questions are framed from a total of 14 subjects.
- The topics are taught at MBBS and BDS subjects in colleges approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The marks distribution for all the 14 subjects is different. NEET PG 2021 Syllabus will include Anatomy, General Medicine, Paediatrics, and ENT, etc.
NEET PG 2021 Application Form
- The NEET PG 2021 exam registration process started from November 21, 2020 and the last date for the same is scheduled to be on December 7, 2020.
- Candidates who were applying for the first time needed to register first, before filling up the application.
- The Candidates are required to carry out the filling of the NEET PG 2021 Application Form by checking and verifying if they meet the eligibility criteria, along with other necessary information.
- Candidates who were first-time users had to follow the instructions under the heading "I am ready to register" in order to get themselves registered for NEET PG 2021.
- Candidates can save their login credentials to make logging in easier or request to resend the details of the Admit card or NEET PG 2021 application, in case they forget the login credentials.
How to apply for NEET PG?
Candidates are required to go through the following steps which are essential for filling the NEET PG 2021 Application Form:
- Step 1: Fill the Registration Form and receive the login credentials.
- Step 2: Fill the NEET PG 2021 Application Form
- Step 3: Upload the Digital signature and Photograph File
- Step 4: Fee Payment For the Application Form
- Step 5: Take Printout of the Filled Application For Future Reference.
NEET PG 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority. The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.
|Mode of NEET PG 2021 Application Form||Online|
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only|
Documents Required To Apply For NEET PG
Candidates should make sure that they bring the required documents at the time of filling up the NEET PG 2021 Application Form, without which the application cannot be validated.
The following documents are required to apply for NEET PG Exam:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Marksheets of MBBS
- Internship Completion certificate
- A scanned file of Signature and certificate
NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern
The NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern is stated by its organizing body. It is very important for the candidates to go through and know the exam pattern in order to understand the overview of the types of questions and its distribution in the question paper. By knowing the exam pattern they will be able to prepare and plan for the exam accordingly.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern is decided by the National Board of Examination (NBE) on its official website. Candidates who are applying for the exam can check the Pattern in the below-given table. This entrance test is a national level exam.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Questions)|
|Type of NEET PG 2021 Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for the Correct Answers-1 Mark for Wrong Answers|
Candidates can regularly visit this page for further updates and information regarding the NEET PG 2021 Exam Pattern and other associated events.
How to prepare for NEET PG 2021?
Plan your study time in an effective and efficient way. Strategies and effective planning help you to prepare and learn the topics, understand the concepts better and finally remember better for the exam. The ultimate aim of preparation and planning is to score very high in the NEET PG 2021 Exam. Allow sufficient time for all the subjects. Prepare a timetable for your everyday tasks. Next, check the NEET PG previous year Question Papers and get an idea about the exam pattern and the type of questions asked in the NEET PG 2021 exam.
- Keep the record: Keep a record of everyday work, and make sure that today’s work is done better than yesterday's work. It also ensures that the candidates do not repeat the same mistakes that were committed the previous day.
- Divide the time: Candidates should make a proper timetable by dividing the time, allotting more time for the important sections in the exam. This way they can systematically prepare for the exam without wasting too much time on any particular topic or subject, and ultimately running out of time to prepare and study the rest.
- Study Materials: Lots of study materials are available online as well as in the market. Moreover, candidates can check out the reference books to get knowledge about the exam topic. Apart from using reference books, the most effective material to study is the NEET PG Question papers.
- Priority: Firstly, work on the topics which you feel tougher and give more focus to those topics, and most importantly don't neglect any of the topics. Topics that are also very important for the exam should be given primary importance.
- Time management: Candidates should be able to utilize time efficiently without wasting any excess time during preparation as well as while attending the questions. Time efficiency is very important for scoring very well in the NEET PG 2021 Exam.
- Revision: For better results, a candidate must do a proper revision after competing for each topic. Candidates are always bound to forget the topics that they have studied at the beginning of the preparation process. Hence refreshing one's memories by revising the topics help them remember better.
- Mock test: Practice with NEET PG Mock Papers and learn from your mistakes by assessing it without anyone's help. It will also help you to practice very well for the exam. Mock tests also help you to understand and get an overview of the type of questions that can be asked in the question paper generally.
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
NEET PG 2021 Admit Card will be available on the official website from December 31, 2020. Candidates need to download the NEET PG 2021 Admit Card and attach their scanned passport size photograph on the hall ticket.
Any of the authorized photo IDs will be accepted (must be original, valid and non-expired). i.e. PAN card, Aadhaar Card (with the photograph), Driving License, Voter ID, Passport. Candidates will have to carry any of the above-mentioned ID along with Admit card to Exam hall.
Candidates will have to follow the below-given steps to download the call letter:
- Step 1: Go to the official website Click on the Admit card link.
- Step 2: Enter the login credentials
- Step 3: Copy the Captcha Code as given in the picture.
- Step 4: NEET PG Admit Card will be displayed. Take a Printout of it.
- Step 5: A passport size photo should be affixed on the hall ticket.
NEET PG 2021 Exam Centres
- Candidates can preferably choose the NEET PG 2021 Exam Centres that are in the vicinity and convenient to them while filling the details on NEET PG 2021 online Application Form.
- It must be noted that the request for a change in the test venue will not be accepted after the final allotment. Applicants must carry a valid ID proof along with the Admit Card for identity verification. Entry without Photo ID proof will be prohibited.
Note: Candidates are advised to reach the test centre 30 minutes before the reporting time. A late entry to the examination premises will not be allowed.
Documents need to carry on NEET PG Exam Day
Candidates will have to carry the following documents to the exam hall:
- A printed copy of NEET PG 2021 Admit Card.
- A photocopy of the Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI/SMC.
- A photo ID proof.
- Foreign Nationals who are taking up NEET PG 2021 should carry their Passport to the Examination hall along with Admit Card.
NEET PG 2021 Result
- Candidates can view NEET PG 2021 Results on the official website of National Board of Examinations from January 31, 2021. Candidates should enter their "Test ID and Date of Birth" to download their NEET PG scorecard.
- The details of the candidates and their scores in NEET PG 2021 will be sent to the State Private Universities/Institutes. This will be done without applying any eligibility criteria, reservation criteria, etc of the concerned states/ UT, Private Universities or Institutes.
NOTE: There is no provision for re-checking/re-totalling/re-evaluation of the question paper, answers, score and no query in this regard will be entertained.
How To Download NEET PG Result Scorecard?
Candidates will have to follow these steps to download the result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website, click on the Result.
- Step 2: Enter the Candidate ID and Password.
- Step 3: Click on the login button and download the NEET PG Results
NEET PG 2021 Cut off
The NEET PG 2021 Cut Off made available Percentile mode. The equivalent marks to the Cut off Percentile will be given along with the result.
Central Government of India in consultation with the Medical Council Of India has lowered the NEET PG 2021 Percentile by 6 percentile. The State Counseling Committees are advised to grant Admission on the basis of the revised percentile. NEET PG Exam Lowered Cutoff Percentile and Scores are as below:
|Category||Lowered Cutoff||Lowered Scores||Lowered Cutoff||Lowered Scores|
NEET PG Question Paper Analysis
- As per the analysis of the previous year NEET PG question paper, the questions were from the syllabus prescribed by MCI. According to the students, the NEET PG 2021 exam was very easy to moderate and the questions from the Pre-Clinical section were more difficult as compared to other sections.
- The paper analysis of the NEET-PG 2021 showed that questions on Anatomy and Physiology topics seemed complicated.
- Candidates should do a proper revision because the syllabus of NEET PG is somewhat extensive and those who have done a proper revision can attempt the paper easily.
- Some students also mentioned that image-based questions, which help in checking the diagnosis skills of a candidate, were simpler in the NEET PG exam.
Selection and admission to any postgraduate seat in an institution recognized by Indian Medical Council (IMC) are only when a candidate fulfils the admission criteria, eligibility criteria, medical fitness, and criteria set by the university or Institutions.
National Board Of Examination (NBE) has no role in counselling or allocating the seats to candidates.
NEET PG 2021 Counselling
Candidates will be eligible to sit for NEET PG 2021 Counselling under All India Quota seats only if he/she has secured a minimum of 50 per cent marks and has a name in the merit list published by Medical Counselling Committee.
NEET PG counselling for admissions to State Quota seats shall be conducted by the concerned States/designated authority University using NEET PG 2021 scores and as per their eligibility criteria.
Admission Process for All India 50% quota seats will be carried on by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India using the results for All India 50% quota seats
NEET PG 2021 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses which includes the following sections:
- All India half share seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (in all states with the exception of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Telangana).
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses will have the state quota seats in all the States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana)
- All private medical colleges, institutional, and universities/deemed universities across India with MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Board speciality courses (January 2021 Admission Session).
The following Medical institutions do not follow centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET-PG for the 2021 session as these institutes were set up by some separate laws.
- All India Institute Of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow.
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry.
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru.
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum.
NOTE: The responsibility of NBE is limited to the conducting NEET-PG exam, declaring the results and relinquishing the authority of results to MCC, DGHS, MoHFW for onward transmission to State Counseling Authorities.
NEET PG Contact Details
The candidates can contact NEET PG if they have any queries.
||1800-267-4003 (Toll-free) The telephone number can be accessed from 9:30 am to 05:30 pm from Monday – Friday.|
|Postal Address||National Board of ExaminationsMedical Enclave, Ansari Nagar Ring Road, New Delhi-110 029|