Looking forward to pursuing M. Pharm programs? There are over 24,000 seats for admissions to M.Pharm under GPAT and around 841 pharmacy colleges and universities are participating in it. GPAT Exam is conducted in the month of January. Here are the updates that will help you crack GPAT 2021.
Latest News on GPAT 2021
- GPAT 2021 Result Declared; Check Cut-Off Score Here - Published on March 20, 2021
- GPAT 2021 Final Answer Key Released - Published on March 18, 2021
- GPAT 2021 Answer Key Challenge Facility to Close Today - Published on March 11, 2021
- March 19, 2021: NTA has released the results for GPAT 2021 on the official website. The GPAT examination was held on February 27, 2021. For more information, Visit GPAT Result.
- March 19, 2021: The final answer key for GPAT 2021 has been released by NTA today. For more information, Visit GPAT Answer Key.
- March 09, 2021: The answer key for GPAT 2021 has been released on March 06, 2021. Candidates can challenge the answer key by March 09, 2021, before the final answer key of GPAT is released.
- What is GPAT Exam?
- GPAT 2021 Exam Date
- GPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- GPAT 2021 Reservation Statistics
- GPAT 2021 Registration
- GPAT 2021 Admit Card
- GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- GPAT 2021 Syllabus
- GPAT 2021 Exam Centres
- How to Prepare for GPAT 2021?
- GPAT 2021 Reference Books
- GPAT 2021 Exam Analysis
- GPAT 2021 Answer Key
- GPAT 2021 Result
- GPAT 2021 Cut Off
- GPAT 2021 Selection Process
- GPAT Contact Details
What is GPAT Exam?
The Full Form of GPAT is the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test. National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the GPAT Exam as a National level Entrance Exam. Till 2018, it was led by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) consistently according to the bearings of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The test will currently be directed by the NTA.
GPAT Exam 2021 score is accepted by all NTA-approved Institutions, University Departments, Constituent Colleges, and Affiliated Colleges in India. As it is a National Level Pharmacy Entrance Test all the Indian students are eligible for applying. This Exam is conducted once in every year. It is a Computer-Based Test (CBT). Before applying for the GPAT 2021 exam, candidates must ensure that they are meeting all the eligibility criteria as set by the exam officials. In case the candidates are not satisfying any of the eligibility criteria, then the exam authority has the right to cancel their application. Candidates must remember that the syllabus and question paper remains the same under the National Testing Agency or NTA. The candidates who will qualify GPAT will get a monthly salary of INR 12,000 up to 24 months. There is no limit on appearing for the GPAT 2021 exam. To qualify the GPAT 2021 exam, candidates must follow previous year question papers, practise sample papers and attempt mock tests.
GPAT Exam 2021 Summary
The exam details of GPAT 2021 is summarised below.
|Exam Name||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Mode||Computer-Based Test (online)|
|No of Questions||125|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Marking Scheme||For every Correct Answer (+4) marks and Wrong Answer (-1) mark.|
GPAT 2021 Exam Date
GPAT 2021 exam will be conducted online mode only. Only eligible candidates can apply for this exam. The application form is available on the official website from December 23, 2020. GPAT 2021 Exam Dates are announced by the conducting authority of GPAT. Below mentioned are the dates for some important events related to GPAT exam 2021.
|Availability of GPAT 2021 Application Form||December 23, 2020|
|Last date to submit GPAT 2021 Application Form||January 30, 2021|
|GPAT 2021 Admit card Date||February 13, 2021|
|GPAT 2021 Exam Date||February 22, 2021, and February 27, 2021|
|Release of GPAT 2021 Final Answer Key||March 19, 2021|
|GPAT 2021 Result Date||March 19, 2021|
|GPAT 2021 Counselling Date||To be announced|
GPAT 2021 Eligibility
The exam officials have set some eligibility for the candidates who are willing to appear for the GPAT 2021 exam. Candidates must ensure that they are satisfying all the requirements and if they fail to do so, the exam authority has the right to cancel their application. Some of the eligibility criteria include nationality, age limit, domicile, educational qualification, reservation and many more. Candidates aspiring to apply for the GPAT 2021 exam must check the eligibility criteria before registering for the exam. The detailed criteria are given below.
Candidates applying for the GPAT 2021 exam must be a citizen of India.
There is no upper age limit set for candidates applying for the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT).
The educational qualification of the applicants is that they must have a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) from any recognized colleges, universities, or institutes from India or aboard.
Final year graduates
Even the candidates pursuing the final year of B.Pharm course are eligible for appearing in GPAT 2021 Exam. Students pursuing B. Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology)/equivalent courses are not eligible to appear for GPAT 2021 exam. Aspirants should provide certificates from college or university in which the aspirant is pursuing the final year of B.Pharm. Students should not have any backlogs in previous semesters.
GPAT 2021 Reservation Statistics
The official authorities responsible for organizing the GPAT 2021 have reserved individual seats for applicants from specific class backgrounds. The admission process for the reservation category of candidates falling under the reservation category becomes lenient due to the particular percentage of seats already reserved for them.
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy–Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|People with Disability/Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
GPAT 2021 Registration
GPAT 2021 Application Form is available on the official website of conducting authority from December 23, 2020 and the last date to submit the application form is January 30, 2021. Before applying for the GPAT exam, candidates are advised to check eligibility criteria for it.
Steps to register for GPAT Exam
Candidates can follow steps given below to Register for GPAT 2021.
- Visit the official website of NTA.
- Candidates should register themselves by clicking on "New Registration".
- Provide all the details such as e-mail Id, phone number, etc.
- Create a password and choose a security question.
- Save the password, security question and its answer.
- Candidates will receive an application number after registration is over.
- Keep the application number safe for future purposes.
Fill the GPAT Application Form
- Login to the account by using the application number and password.
- Fill the application form.
- Provide all the details.
- Preview the details before submitting the application form.
Upload Scanned Images
Upload scanned copy of
- Passport-size photograph
Preview the photograph and signature before submitting them.
Pay GPAT Application Fees
- Candidates can pay the application fee through any of these online modes:
- Net Banking
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
|General||Male - INR 2000; Female – INR 1000|
|SC/ST/PWD/Non-creamy layer OBC||Male - INR 1000; Female – INR 1000; Transgender- INR 1000|
Note: The National Testing Agency (NTA) will not bear any charges on the application form sent through email and post. GPAT 2021 application form can only be applied online.
GPAT 2021 Admit Card 2021
After successful registration, candidates can download GPAT 2021 Admit Card from National Testing Agency's official website. Admit Card for GPAT was made available on the official website from February 13, 2021. Candidates can log in with their application form number and password on the login page to download their e-admit card.
Candidates should take a print out of the e-admit card using the print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-admit card including photograph is visible on the printout.
Candidates will not be allowed to take this entrance test without their admit card. Check if all details are accurate on your admit card. If there are any discrepancies in the hall ticket, a candidate must inform the conducting body immediately.
How to download GPAT 2021 Admit Card?
To download the GPAT 2021 admit card, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the "Admit Card" link.
- Step 2: Login by entering the application number and password.
- Step 3: Click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of admit card
Details present on the GPAT 2021 Admit Card
The GPAT 2021 exam will contain the following details. Candidates must check them carefully before attempting the exam.
- Candidate's full name
- GPAT 2021 Roll Number
- Candidate's photograph
- Candidate's signature
- Test date and time
- Exam centre address
- Exam instructions and guidelines for GPAT.
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Before starting the preparation for the GPAT 2021 exam, candidates must go through the detailed exam pattern. Knowing the exam format and structure of the exam can help the candidate in cracking the GPAT 2021 exam easily. The GPAT exam pattern comprises exam mode, duration, number of questions, marking scheme and many more. Candidates can check the GPAT 2021 exam pattern given below.
|Mode||Online - Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Question type||Multiple-choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Questions||125 Questions|
|Total Marks||500 marks|
+4 marks awarded for the correct answer
1 mark deducted for each incorrect answer
Unattempted questions do not carry any negative marking.
Once a year
An exact exam pattern cannot be predicted, since the conducting authority brings a minor change in the pattern every year.
GPAT 2021 Syllabus
GPAT exam will be conducted on February 22, 2021. GPAT 2021 Syllabus is decided by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and candidates must know the exam pattern and syllabus very well to crack the exam and secure the cutoff marks. There are a total of 16 subjects in GPAT 2021 syllabus. The list of all 16 subjects is mentioned below.
- Physical Chemistry
- Physical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutics Pharmacology
- Pharmaceutical analysis
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmaceutical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Management
For a detailed syllabus, applicants can visit GPAT syllabus 2021.
GPAT 2021 Exam Centres
GPAT 2021 will be conducted in 110 cities across India. Candidates will get an option to choose their test city when they are filling up the GPAT Application Form. Candidates will have to choose their test city very carefully because once the form is submitted, there will be no option to make further changes.
Exam Centre and venue will be mentioned on GPAT Admit Card. NTA makes sure that a candidate gets the centre which he/she has opted for. But in some cases, due to limited seats, it might be changed. No candidates will be allowed inside the designated test centre without GPAT 2021 Admit Card.
The list of GPAT 2021 exam centres is listed below.
|GPAT 2021 Exam Centres|
|Raipur||Delhi/New Delhi||Panaji (Goa)||Ahmedabad||Anand|
Documents required on GPAT 2021 Exam Day
Candidates appearing for the GPAT 2021 examination must carry the following documents to the exam hall:
- GPAT 2021 Admit Card
- Government ID proof such as Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License etc.
- Passport size coloured photo
How to prepare for GPAT 2021?
Go through the GPAT 2021 syllabus and start your preparation according to it. Focus on Pharmacology as 25-30% of questions are asked from this subject. Plan your everyday activity which will help in time management. Prepare notes when you are studying, this will help you refer to it later. Take a mock test and assess your performance. There are a lot of study materials available in the market and online that covers the whole GPAT 2021 syllabus. Refer to it for better results and revise before this exam.
Prepare with the best.
Use the best study materials to prepare for GPAT 2021. There are plenty of good books that will prepare you to solve questions in a snap. Believe it or not, there is a formula to solve every type of question in seconds. So keep practising and find the best books.
Use breaks while studying.
It's an old saying that "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy." Hence, it is good to keep your mind in this game. Give your mind the time to recharge. Reward yourselves with your favourite food or activity. Scientifically, this creates a habit of performing well knowing that you get rewarded after every achievement. This will help you to keep yourselves keep competitive for the preparation of GPAT 2021.
Apart from all these, candidates can also focus on these preparation tips for better results.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the GPAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern.
- Make a proper schedule for each day.
- Study 8-10 hours per day.
- Solve previous year question papers.
- Attempt mock test to manage time effectively.
- Prepare short notes about the topics that are important for the exam.
- Do a quick revision five days before the exam.
GPAT 2021 Reference Books
The GPAT is a national level examination and the competition is high among students. Candidates who aspire to pursue M.Pharm through GPAT must learn and study from good reference books. Candidates should also practise previous year papers and mock tests. The list of few books for GPPAT 2021 is given below.
- Pharmaceutics: The Science of Dosage Form Design by Aulto
- GPAT: A Companion by N N Inamdar
- Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics by Goodman and Gillman
- Pharmacology Test Prep: 1500 USMLE-Style Questions & Answers by Mario Babbini and Mary L. Thomas
- Medicinal Chemistry by S N Pandey
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
- Advanced Physical Chemistry by Carol A. Venanzi
- Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology by M. R. Chaudhari, Y. A. Kulkarni, S. B. Gokhale
- Introductory Physical Chemistry by Rob Schurko
- Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics by Roger Walker & Cate Whittlesea
GPAT 2020 Exam Analysis
The GPAT 2020 exam was held successfully on 28th Jan 2020. This is a computer-based (online) test for the candidates aspiring to start their Master’s Degree in Pharmaceuticals. Only students who have completed their B. Pharma is allowed to take up this examination. The conducting body of the exam is the NTA (National Testing Agency).
The exam consists only of objective type or multiple-choice questions. The questions can be navigated through back and forth as the candidate wishes as this is an online computer-based test. There are a total of 125 questions in the exam and the time duration to attend all these questions is 180 minutes i.e; 3 hours.
The total marks that can be scored during the exam are 500, where each correct answer carries 4 marks and every incorrect answer will deduct 1 mark from the total. The exam centres provide the students with rough sheets for calculations if there are any numerical questions in the examination. The exam has four major topics, i.e; Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy.
GPAT 2021 Answer Key
National Testing Agency or NTA has released the GPAT 2021 Answer Key at its official website. The answer key is released on March 06, 2021, in PDF format. Candidates will be given an option to challenge the answer key in case they found any discrepancies in the answer key. For raising an objection, the candidates will have to pay the prerequisite amount in favor of the exam authority within the due dates. With the help of GPAT 2021 Answer Key, candidates can evaluate their scores in the qualifying exam.
How to download GPAT 2021 Answer Key?
To download the GPAT 2021 Answer Key, candidates must follow these steps.
- Click on the official GPAT answer key link.
- Login to the applicant portal of GPAT 2021 by entering the application number and password/phone number
- Preview the particular code-wise answer key.
- Match the answers marked with the solutions provided in GPAT 2021 answer key.
- Download the GPAT questions along with its solutions for future references.
GPAT 2021 Result
Candidates can check their GPAT 2021 Results on the official website of AICTE - GPAT using their Login ID and Password. The results are declared by the Conducting Authority.
Raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for the computation of results for GPAT 2021. After GPAT Result is declared, a merit list of shortlisted candidates is prepared which includes the score, roll number, and rank of a candidate. GPAT Score will be accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes.
Score Tie-Breaker: In the case of a tie-breaker situation among candidates with equal marks, the authority has decided to resolve it in the following descending order.
- Marks Obtained in Pharmaceutics
- Marks obtained in Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Candidates having less negative responses in the paper
- Candidates older in age
Candidates must note that no scorecard will be dispatched or sent to the candidates. The scorecard must be downloaded from the website gpat.nta.nic.in only. There will not be any provision for re-valuation or re-checking of the GPAT 2021 score under any circumstances.
How to Download the GPAT 2021 Result?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to download the GPAT 2021 result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the Official Website and click on the Result link.
- Step 2: Enter your Application Number and password in the required fields.
- Step 3: Afterwards, click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 4: Soon after, a screen will be displayed. Now, you will b able to view your results.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of your results. The scorecard will be asked at the time of counselling and admission process.
Details present in GPAT 2021 Scorecard
The GPAT Scorecard contains the following details:
- Application number
- Candidate's name
- Mother's name
- Father's name
- Person with Disability
- State of residence
- Date of birth
- Marks obtained in GPAT 2020
- Maximum marks
- NTA score
- All India Rank
- Validity of scorecard
- Category-wise cut off qualifying scores
- Other important information by NTA
GPAT 2021 Cut off
Candidates have to qualify the cut off to progress to the next stage of selection. GPAT Cut off is the minimum marks a candidate has to score to get Admission into a course. The Previous years cut off details will give an idea of GPAT 2021 cut off expectation.
Cut off will be released along with the result. It will be mentioned on the candidate's scorecard. Cut off is determined by considering various factors which are mentioned below:
- Total number of students who appeared for GPAT 2021 Exam
- Level of difficulty of question paper
- Previous year Cutoff trends
- Number of seats available
The GPAT 2021 cutoff for various categories will be declared by the conducting authority - National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates aspiring for GPAT 2021 can go through the cutoff marks of this year's GPAT exam for reference purpose as mentioned below. The list also shows the total number of candidates qualified and the increase in the cutoff marks with respect to the previous year.
|Category||Cutoff Score||Eligible Candidates||Increment in comparison to GPAT 2019|
|Other Backward Caste - NCL||131||1350||14|
GPAT 2021 Selection Process
Candidates whose names are on GPAT Merit List will be called for the counselling process. Only the eligible candidates will be given admission to the courses they have applied for.
GPAT 2021 Counselling
GPAT 2021 Counseling will be based on marks scored by candidates and seat allotment will be done based on the merit list. GPAT 2021 Counselling will commence soon after the declaration of GPAT 2021 Result. National Testing Agency is the conducting body of GPAT 2021 exam but it is not responsible for conducting the GPAT 2021 Counselling. The candidates who are eligible for the GPAT 2021 Counselling have to apply separately at the participation institutes in their order of preference soon after the declaration of results. The counselling procedure of GPAT 2021 are listed below:
- Document Verification
- Choice Filling and Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Reporting at the College/Institute
Document required at the time of GPAT 2021 Counselling
Candidates must bring all the required documents which are mentioned below:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Degree Marksheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- GPAT 2021 Scorecard
- Passport size photo
GPAT 2021 Counselling Process
The counselling process of GPAT is discussed below:
Document Verification stage
- This is the first stage wherein candidates will have to check rank wise counselling dates. The dates will be available on the official website after the exam gets over.
- Candidates must carry all important documents for the verification process and report at the GPAT counselling venue.
- In case the candidate fails to bring the documents, then their candidature will be cancelled.
- Post completion of Document Verification, candidates must visit the official website.
- At the official website, there will be a link that will display ‘Web Options Entry Portal’
- A list of colleges will be displayed
- Candidates can fill the options with the institutes in order of their preference.
- If the candidates fill the maximum number of preference then it will increase the chance of getting the college they preferred.
- After filling the preferences candidates must save and lock their choices
- Candidates must remember that the changes they made cannot be reverted.
- Take a printout of the same.
- Seats will be allocated to the candidates on the basis of GPAT 2021 score
- Candidates will get a seat in the Institute of their choice only if their names are there in the merit list and have a good rank in GPAT 2021
- Candidates can visit the GPAT official website to download the GPAT 2021 seat allotment order.
Reporting at the allotted institute
- Candidates need to report to the allotted college with all the documents after the completion of the counselling process.
- They need to pay the admission fees as specified by the College/University
GPAT Exam General Guidelines
You can follow the below guidelines to be prepared for GPAT 2021 Exam day.
- Candidates shall maintain perfect silence and focus on the question paper only.
- Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in Examination Hall shall be deemed as misconduct of rules.
- If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and it will be treated as the usage of unfair means. Candidature of those candidates will be cancelled and he/she will be debarred from taking this exam either permanently or for a specified period according to the nature of the offence.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, calculators, doc pen, slide rules, log tables, and electronic watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, and bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except your GPAT Admit Card inside the examination hall.
- If any candidate owns any of the above items, it will be treated as the usage of unfair means and his/her candidature will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s). Moreover, their equipment(s) will be seized.
- The decision of NTA on unfair means will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Print a copy of your Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on your online Application Form) should be taken for pasting at specific space on the attendance sheet at the centre during GPAT Examination.
- One of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired)- PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/Ration Card shall be kept handy by you along with your admit card at the test venue.
- Candidates shall cooperate during routine frisking by the authorized personnel.
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority must be carried if one is claiming relaxation under the PwD category.
- Candidates shall report at the allotted exam centre two hours before the commencement of the exam to complete frisking and registration formalities well before time. The registration desk will be closed 60 minutes before the exam conduction.
- A candidate must show, on-demand, his/her Admit Card downloaded/printed from NTA’s website for entry in the examination hall. A candidate who does not possess a valid Admit Card shall not be permitted to give GPAT under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their allocated seats only.
- Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or a seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled, and no plea would be accepted in his/her defence for it.
- No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room/Hall until the duration of the exam is over.
- Candidates must follow given instructions strictly as instructed by Centre Superintendent/Invigilators. Candidates should not leave their exam hall without handing over their rough sheets to the invigilator on duty.
- Smoking, chewing gutka, spitting, etc. in the examination room/hall is strictly prohibited.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of tests for any reason, NTA shall not be responsible for the conduction of a re-test, under any circumstances.
GPAT Contact Details
If a candidate has any queries related to GPAT 2021 Exam then, he/she can contact the following.
|Address||National Testing Agency, Block C-20/1A/8, Sector-62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)|
How many questions will be asked in GPAT?
125 questions will be asked and the questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions.
Do all Universities accept GPAT Scores?
All AICTE approved institutes accept GPAT Scores.
How long is GPAT Scores valid?
GPAT scores are valid for 3 years.
Is GPAT conducted twice a year?
No, GPAT is conducted once in a year in the month of January.
Is there any age limit for candidates who apply for GPAT?
No, there is no age limit to apply for GPAT 2020 Exam.
Can I change my choice of test city?
No, choice of test city cannot be changed once the form is submitted.
If I don\'t appear for the test am I eligible for Refund?
No, Application fee will not be refunded at any cost.
Is there any break during the Exam?
No, there will not be any breaks in between an Exam.
Can I leave the Exam if I finish it early?
No, candidates will not be allowed to leave exam hall before the scheduled time.
Is there negative marking in GPAT?
Yes, there is negative marking. For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total.
How many times can I attempt GPAT Exam?
A candidate can attempt GPAT any number of times. As of now there is no limited number of attempts.