Looking forward to pursuing M. Pharm Programs? There are over 24,000 seats for admissions to M.Pharm under GPAT and around 841 Pharmacy colleges and universities are participating in it. GPAT is conducted in the month of January. Here are the updates that will help you crack GPAT 2020.
GPAT 2020 Admit Card released now !! Check Now !!
- What is GPAT?
- GPAT 2020 Dates
- Who can apply for GPAT Exam?
- Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for GPAT?
- How to apply for GPAT Exam?
- Admit Card
- How to check GPAT Results?
- Related Exams
What is GPAT?
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) as a National level Entrance Exam.
GPAT 2020 score is accepted by all NTA-approved Institutions, University Departments, Constituent Colleges, and Affiliated Colleges in India. As it is a National Level Pharmacy Entrance Test all the Indian students are eligible for applying. This Exam is conducted once in every year. It is a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
|Exam Name||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Date||January 28, 2020|
|Mode||Computer-Based Test (online)|
|No of Questions||125|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Marking Scheme||For every Correct Answer (+4) marks and Wrong Answer (-1) mark.|
GPAT exam will be conducted online mode only. Only eligible candidates can apply for this exam. Application Form will be available on the official website (www.ntagpat.nic.in) from November 1, 2019.
GPAT 2020 Exam Dates will be announced by the conducting Authority. Below mentioned are the dates for some important events related to GPAT 2020.
|Availability of Application Form||November 1, 2019|
|Last date to submit Application Form||December 7, 2019|
|Transaction of fees||November 1 to December 1, 2019|
|Selection of exam city||November 1 to December 2, 2019|
|Admit card||January 20, 2020|
|Exam Date||January 28, 2020|
|Result||February 7, 2020|
|Counselling||February 28, 2020|
Note: Above mentioned GPAT 2020 dates are tentative. Exam Dates will be updated once it is been announced by the conducting authority.
Who can apply for GPAT?
Only if candidates have satisfied GPAT Eligibility, they can apply for GPAT exam. Applying candidate must be a citizen of India. There is no age restriction for applying GPAT 2020.
Educational qualification of the applicants for GPAT 2020 is that they should have a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) from any recognized colleges, universities, or institutes from India or Aboard.
Even the candidates pursuing final year of B.Pharm course are eligible for appearing in GPAT 2020 Exam. Students pursuing B. Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology)/equivalent courses are not eligible to appear for GPAT 2020 Examination.
Aspirants should provide certificates from college or university in which the aspirant is pursuing final year of B.Pharm. Students should not have any backlogs in previous semesters.
There are certain reservations for seats offered for reserved category candidates. An exact count is as shown below:
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy–Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|People with Disability/Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
GPAT exam will be conducted on January 28, 2020. GPAT 2020 Syllabus is decided by the Conducting Authority. Subjects like Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacognosy will be asked in GPAT 2020 Exam.
4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer. GPAT 2020 examination will be conducted Online (Computer-based test). CAT 2020 paper will consist of 2 types of questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) as well as non-MCQs.
There will be a total of 100 questions. Candidates will be provided 3 hours to complete GPAT 2020 exam. There will be a total of 125 questions which if answered wrong will incur negative marking.
An exact GPAT 2020 pattern cannot be predicted and is changed a little every year. But, most of the pattern looks as below:
|Mode||Online i.e., Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Question type||Multiple-choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Marks||500 marks|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for a correct answer, -1 mark for an incorrect answer|
How to prepare for GPAT?
Go through the syllabus and start your preparation according to it. Focus on Pharmacology about 25-30% of questions are asked from this subject. Plan your everyday activity this will help in time management. Prepare notes when you are studying you can refer to it later. Take a mock test and assess your performance. There are a lot of study materials available that cover whole syllabus. Refer to it for better results revise before this exam.
Prepare with the best.
Use the best study materials to prepare for GPAT. There are plenty of good books that will prepare you to solve questions in a snap. Believe it or not, there is a formula to solve every type of question in seconds. So, keep practicing and find the best books. Ah! Alright, I will give you one of the great books to prepare from. It's GPAT: A companion by N.N. Inamdar.
Use breaks while studying.
It's an old saying that "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy." Hence, it is good to keep your mind in this game. Give your mind the time to recharge. Reward yourselves with your favorite food or activity. Scientifically, this creates a habit of performing well knowing that you get rewarded after every achievement. This will help you to keep yourselves keep competitive.
Online GPAT 2020 Application Form will roll out on November 1, 2019 and last date to apply for GPAT 2020 will be December 7, 2019. Application Process will be available online on the official website www.ntagpat.nic.in.
How to register for GPAT?
Candidates can follow steps given below to Register for GPAT 2020 Exam:
- Step 1: Go to official website and click on "New Registration" link and fill your Application Form.
- Step 2: Now click on apply button and you will be redirected to next Registration page.
- Step 3: Read the procedure given and click on the proceed button.
- Step 4: Enter details asked and click on submit button.
How to apply for GPAT?
Candidates who are aspiring to write GPAT 2020 can follow steps given below to apply for exam:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and find Registration Link.
- Step 2: Upon landing on the page, you have to fill your application form by entering all the details asked.
- Step 3: Afterwards, you will be asked to upload a scanned file of your photograph and signature.
- Step 4: At last, you will need to complete your application form by payment of your application fee.
Documents required to apply for GPAT
Candidates who are applying for GPAT 2020 will need the following documents to apply:
- Past academic details of the candidate
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Degree Certificate
- Scanned image file of Photograph and Signature
- A valid credit/debit/net banking facility for the Application Fee payment.
GPAT 2020 Application Form will be available on official website of conducting authority from November 1, 2019 and the last date to submit application form is December 7, 2019. Before applying for GPAT exam, candidates are advised to check eligibility criteria for it.
Candidates can pay GPAT Application Fee both in Online and Offline mode. If a candidate opts for online mode, he/she can pay through their Credit/ Debit/ Net Banking. If a candidate opts for offline, he/ she can pay by Cash at any of designated SBI bank branches.vTable given below has the list of Registration Fee for various categories:
|General/Non-creamy layer OBC||Male - INR 1600/- Female – INR 800/-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Male - INR 800/- Female – INR 800/- Transgender- INR 800/-|
Note: NTA will not bear any charges on application form sent through email and post. GPAT 2020 application form can only be applied online.
After successful registration, candidates can download GPAT 2020 Admit Card from National Testing Agency's Official Website (www.nta.ac.in). Admit Card for GPAT will be available on official website from January 20, 2020 (tentatively). Candidates can log in with their Application Form number and password on login page to download their e-Admit Card.
Candidates should take a print out of e-Admit Card using print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on e-Admit Card including photograph is visible on the printout.
Candidates will not be allowed to take this entrance test without their admit card. Check if all details are accurate on your Admit Card. If there are any discrepancies in hall ticket, a candidate must inform the conducting body immediately.
How to download GPAT Admit Card?
To download GPAT 2020 admit card candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on "Admit Card" link.
- Step 2: Login by entering Application number and password.
- Step 3: Click on "Submit" button.
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of Admit Card.
GPAT 2020 will be conducted in 110 cities across India. Candidates will get an option to choose their test city when they are filling up GPAT Application Form. Candidates will have to choose their test city very carefully because once the form is submitted, there will be no option to make further changes.
Exam Centre and venue will be mentioned on GPAT Admit Card. NTA makes sure that a candidate gets the centre which he/she has opted for. But in some cases, due to limited seats, it might be changed. Without Admit Card candidates will not be allowed into designated Test Centre.
Documents required on GPAT Exam Day
Candidates must carry following documents to the exam hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID proof
- Passport size photo
Candidates can check their GPAT 2020 Results on official website of AICTE - GPAT using their Login ID and Password. Results will be declared by the Conducting Authority on February 7, 2020.
Raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for computation of results for GPAT 2020. After GPAT Result is declared, a merit list of shortlisted candidates is prepared which includes the score, roll number, and rank of a candidate. GPAT Score will be accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes.
How to Download GPAT Result?
Candidates can follow steps given below to download GPAT Result from the Official Website:
- Step 1: Go to the Official Website and click on Result link.
- Step 2: Enter your Application Number and password in the required fields.
- Step 3: Afterwards, click on "Submit" button.
- Step 4: Soon after, a screen will be displayed. Now, you will b able to view your results.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of your results.
GPAT Counseling will be based on marks scored by candidates and seat allotment will be done based on the merit list. GPAT 2020 Counselling will commence from February 28, 2020. Candidates must bring all the required documents which are mentioned below:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Degree Marksheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- GPAT Scorecard
- Passport size photo
Candidates have to qualify the cutoff to progress to next stage of selection. GPAT Cutoff is the minimum marks a candidate has to score to get Admission into a course.
Cutoff will be released along with the result. It will be mentioned on candidate's scorecard. Cutoff is determined by considering various factors which are mentioned below:
- Total number of students who appeared for GPAT Exam
- Level of difficulty of question paper
- Previous year Cutoff trends
- Number of seats available
Candidates whose names are on GPAT Merit List will be called for counseling process. Only the eligible candidates will be given admission to courses they have applied for.
You can follow below guidelines to be prepared for GPAT Exam day.
- Candidates shall maintain perfect silence and focus on the question paper only.
- Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in Examination Hall shall be deemed as misconduct of rules.
- If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and it will be treated as the usage of unfair means. Candidature of those candidates will be cancelled and he/she will be debarred from taking this exam either permanently or for a specified period according to nature of the offence.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Doc Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, and Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, and bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except your Admit Card inside examination hall.
- If any candidate owns any of the above items, it will be treated as usage of unfair means and his/her candidature will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s). Moreover, their equipment(s) will be seized.
- Decision of NTA on unfair means will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Print a copy of your Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on your online Application Form) should be taken for pasting at specific space on attendance sheet at the centre during GPAT Examination.
- One of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired)- PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/Ration Card shall be kept handy by you along with your admit card at test venue.
- Candidates shall cooperate during routine frisking by the authorized personnel.
- PwD certificate issued by competent authority must be carried if one is claiming relaxation under PwD category.
- Candidates shall report at allotted exam centre two hours before the commencement of exam to complete frisking and registration formalities well before time. Registration desk will be closed 60 minutes before exam conduction.
- A candidate must show, on-demand, his/her Admit Card downloaded/printed from NTA’s website for entry in examination hall. A candidate who does not possess a valid Admit Card shall not be permitted to give GPAT under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their allocated seat only.
- Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled, and no plea would be accepted in his/her defence for it.
- No candidate, without special permission of Centre Superintendent or Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room/Hall until duration of exam is over.
- Candidates must follow given instructions strictly as instructed by Centre Superintendent/Invigilators. Candidates should not leave their exam hall without handing over their rough sheets to the invigilator on duty.
- Smoking, chewing gutka, spitting, etc. in examination room/hall is strictly prohibited.
- For those who are unable to appear on scheduled date of tests for any reason, NTA shall not be responsible for conduction of a re-test, under any circumstances.
If a candidate has any queries related to GPAT 2020 Exam then, he/she can contact the following.
|Address||National Testing Agency, Block C-20/1A/8, Sector-62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)|
Q. How many questions will be asked in GPAT?
Ans. 125 questions will be asked and the questions will be of MCQ type.
Q. Is GPAT conducted twice a year?
Ans. No, GPAT is conducted once in a year in January
Q. Is there any age limit for candidates who apply for GPAT?
Ans. No, there is no age limit to apply for GPAT
Q. Can I change my choice of test city?
Ans. No, choice of test city cannot be changed once the form is submitted
Q. If I don't appear for the test am I eligible for Refund?
Ans. No, Application fee will not be refunded at any cost
Q. Is there any break during the Exam?
Ans. No, there will not be any breaks in between an Exam
Q. Can I leave the Exam if I finish it early?
Ans. No, candidates will not be allowed to leave exam hall before the scheduled time.
Q. Do all Universities accept GPAT Scores?
Ans. All AICTE approved institutes accept GPAT Scores
Q. How long is GPAT Scores valid?
Ans. GPAT scores are valid for 3 years.
Q. Is there negative marking in GPAT?
Ans. Yes, there is negative marking. For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total.
Q. How many times can I attempt GPAT Exam?
Ans. A candidate can attempt GPAT any number of times as of now there is no limited number of attempts.