Looking forward to pursuing M. Pharm Programs? There are over 24,000 seats for admissions to M.Pharm under GPAT and around 841 Pharmacy colleges and universities are participating in it. GPAT is conducted in the month of January. Here are the updates that will help you crack GPAT 2021.
- What is GPAT Exam?
- GPAT 2021 Exam Date
- GPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- GPAT Reservation Statistics
- GPAT 2021 Syllabus
- GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- How to Prepare for GPAT 2021?
- GPAT 2021 Registration
- GPAT 2021 Application Form
- GPAT 2021 Admit Card
- GPAT 2021 Exam Centres
- GPAT 2021 Exam Analysis
- GPAT 2021 Result Download
- GPAT 2021 Cut Off
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is GPAT Exam?
National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) as a National level Entrance Exam. Till 2018, it was led by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) consistently according to the bearings of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The Test will currently be directed by the NTA.
GPAT 2021 score is accepted by all NTA-approved Institutions, University Departments, Constituent Colleges, and Affiliated Colleges in India. As it is a National Level Pharmacy Entrance Test all the Indian students are eligible for applying. This Exam is conducted once in every year. It is a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
GPAT Exam 2021 Summary
|Exam Name||Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Date||January 28, 2021|
|Mode||Computer-Based Test (online)|
|No of Questions||125|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's)|
|Marking Scheme||For every Correct Answer (+4) marks and Wrong Answer (-1) mark.|
GPAT 2021 Exam Dates
GPAT exam will be conducted online mode only. Only eligible candidates can apply for this exam. Application Form will be available on the official website (www.ntagpat.nic.in) from November 1, 2020 expectedly.
GPAT 2021 Exam Dates will be announced by the conducting Authority. Below mentioned are the dates for some important events related to GPAT exam 2021.
|Availability of GPAT 2021 Application Form||November 1, 2020|
|Last date to submit GPAT 2021 Application Form||December 7, 2020|
|GPAT 2021 Admit card Date||January 20, 2021|
|GPAT 2021 Exam Date||January 28, 2021|
|GPAT 2021 Result Date||February 4, 2021|
|GPAT 2021 Counselling Date||February 28, 2021|
Note: Above mentioned GPAT 2021 dates are tentative. Exam Dates will be updated once it is been announced by the conducting authority.
GPAT 2021 Eligibility
Only if candidates have satisfied GPAT Eligibility, they can apply for the exam. Applying candidate must be a citizen of India. There is no age restriction for applying GPAT 2021.
Educational qualification of the applicants for GPAT 2021 is that they should have a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) from any recognized colleges, universities, or institutes from India or Aboard.
Even the candidates pursuing the final year of B.Pharm course are eligible for appearing in GPAT 2021 Exam. Students pursuing B. Tech (Pharmaceutical and fine chemical technology)/equivalent courses are not eligible to appear for GPAT 2021 Examination.
Aspirants should provide certificates from college or university in which the aspirant is pursuing the final year of B.Pharm. Students should not have any backlogs in previous semesters.
GPAT 2021 Reservation Statistics
There are certain reservations for seats offered for reserved category candidates. An exact count is as shown below:
|Category||Reservation (in %)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Non-Creamy–Other Backward Classes (NC-OBC)||27%|
|People with Disability/Disabilities (PwD)||5%|
GPAT 2021 Syllabus
GPAT exam will be conducted on January 28, 2021. GPAT 2021 Syllabus is decided by the Conducting Authority. Subjects like Physical Chemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, and Pharmacognosy will be asked in GPAT 2021 Exam.
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer. GPAT 2021 examination will be conducted Online (Computer-based test). CAT 2021 paper will consist of 2 types of questions: MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) as well as non-MCQs.
There will be a total of 100 questions. Candidates will be provided 3 hours to complete the GPAT 2021 exam. There will be a total of 125 questions which if answered wrong will incur negative marking.
An exact GPAT 2021 pattern cannot be predicted and is changed a little every year. But, most of the pattern looks as below:
|Mode||Online i.e., Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Question type||Multiple-choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Total Marks||500 marks|
|Marking scheme||+4 marks for a correct answer, -1 mark for an incorrect answer|
How to prepare for GPAT 2021?
Go through the syllabus and start your preparation according to it. Focus on Pharmacology about 25-30% of questions are asked from this subject. Plan your everyday activity this will help in time management. Prepare notes when you are studying you can refer to it later. Take a mock test and assess your performance. There are a lot of study materials available that cover the whole syllabus. Refer to it for better results revise before this exam.
Prepare with the best.
Use the best study materials to prepare for GPAT. There are plenty of good books that will prepare you to solve questions in a snap. Believe it or not, there is a formula to solve every type of question in seconds. So, keep practicing and find the best books. Ah! Alright, I will give you one of the great books to prepare from. It's GPAT: A companion by N.N. Inamdar.
Use breaks while studying.
It's an old saying that "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy." Hence, it is good to keep your mind in this game. Give your mind the time to recharge. Reward yourselves with your favorite food or activity. Scientifically, this creates a habit of performing well knowing that you get rewarded after every achievement. This will help you to keep yourselves keep competitive.
GPAT 2021 Registration
Online GPAT 2021 Application Form will roll out on expectedly on November 1, 2020 and the last date to apply for GPAT 2021 will be December 7, 2020 tentatively. Application Process will be available online on the official website www.ntagpat.nic.in.
How to register for GPAT 2021?
Candidates can follow steps given below to Register for GPAT 2021:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the "New Registration" link and fill your Application Form.
- Step 2: Now click on the apply button and you will be redirected to the next Registration page.
- Step 3: Read the procedure given and click on the proceed button.
- Step 4: Enter details asked and click on the submit button.
How to apply for GPAT 2021?
Candidates who are aspiring to write GPAT 2021 can follow steps given below to apply for the exam:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and find Registration Link.
- Step 2: Upon landing on the page, you have to fill your application form by entering all the details asked.
- Step 3: Afterwards, you will be asked to upload a scanned file of your photograph and signature.
- Step 4: At last, you will need to complete your application form by payment of your application fee.
Documents required to apply for GPAT 2021
Candidates who are applying for GPAT 2021 will need the following documents to apply:
- Past academic details of the candidate
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Degree Certificate
- Scanned image file of Photograph and Signature
- A valid credit/debit/net banking facility for the Application Fee payment.
GPAT 2021 Application Form
GPAT 2021 Application Form will be available on the official website of conducting authority tentatively from November 1, 2020 and the tentative last date to submit the application form will be December 7, 2020. Before applying for the GPAT exam, candidates are advised to check eligibility criteria for it.
Candidates can pay GPAT Application Fee both in Online and Offline mode. If a candidate opts for online mode, he/she can pay through their Credit/ Debit/ Net Banking. If a candidate opts for offline, he/ she can pay by Cash at any of the designated SBI bank branches.vTable given below has the list of Registration Fee for various categories:
|General/Non-creamy layer OBC||Male - INR 1600/- Female – INR 800/-|
|SC/ST/PWD||Male - INR 800/- Female – INR 800/- Transgender- INR 800/-|
Note: NTA will not bear any charges on the application form sent through email and post. GPAT 2021 application form can only be applied online.
GPAT 2021 Admit Card 2021
After successful registration, candidates can download GPAT 2021 Admit Card from National Testing Agency's Official Website (www.nta.ac.in). Admit Card for GPAT will be available on the official website from January 20, 2021 (tentatively). Candidates can log in with their Application Form number and password on the login page to download their e-Admit Card.
Candidates should take a print out of the e-Admit Card using print option on A4 size paper only. Please ensure that all information on the e-Admit Card including photograph is visible on the printout.
Candidates will not be allowed to take this entrance test without their admit card. Check if all details are accurate on your Admit Card. If there are any discrepancies in the hall ticket, a candidate must inform the conducting body immediately.
How to download GPAT 2021 Admit Card?
To download GPAT 2021 admit card candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the "Admit Card" link.
- Step 2: Login by entering the Application number and password.
- Step 3: Click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of Admit Card.
GPAT 2021 Exam Centres
GPAT 2021 will be conducted in 110 cities across India. Candidates will get an option to choose their test city when they are filling up the GPAT Application Form. Candidates will have to choose their test city very carefully because once the form is submitted, there will be no option to make further changes.
Exam Centre and venue will be mentioned on GPAT Admit Card. NTA makes sure that a candidate gets the centre which he/she has opted for. But in some cases, due to limited seats, it might be changed. Without Admit Card candidates will not be allowed into designated Test Centre.
Documents required on GPAT Exam Day
Candidates must carry the following documents to the exam hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID proof
- Passport size photo
GPAT 2021 Exam Analysis
GPAT 2020 exam was held successfully on 28th Jan 2020. This is a computer-based (online) test for the candidates aspiring to start their Master’s Degree in Pharmaceuticals. Only students who have completed their B.Pharma are allowed to take up this examination. The conducting body of the exam is the NTA (National Testing Agency).
The exam consists only of objective type or multiple-choice questions. The questions can be navigated through back and forth as the candidate wishes as this is an online computer-based test. There are a total of 125 questions in the exam and the time duration to attend all these questions is 180 minutes i.e; 3 hours.
The total marks that can be scored during the exam are 500, where each correct answer carries 4 marks and every incorrect answer will deduct 1 mark from the total. The exam centers provide the students with rough sheets for calculations if there are any numerical questions in the examination. The exam has four major topics, i.e; Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy.
GPAT 2021 Result
Candidates can check their GPAT 2021 Results on the official website of AICTE - GPAT using their Login ID and Password. The result will be declared by the Conducting Authority tentatively on February 4, 2021.
Raw (actual) marks obtained by a candidate will be considered further for the computation of results for GPAT 2021. After GPAT Result is declared, a merit list of shortlisted candidates is prepared which includes the score, roll number, and rank of a candidate. GPAT Score will be accepted by around 800 participating pharmacy institutes.
How to Download GPAT 2021 Result?
Candidates can follow steps given below to download GPAT Result from the Official Website:
- Step 1: Go to the Official Website and click on the Result link.
- Step 2: Enter your Application Number and password in the required fields.
- Step 3: Afterwards, click on the "Submit" button.
- Step 4: Soon after, a screen will be displayed. Now, you will b able to view your results.
- Step 5: Download and take a printout of your results.
GPAT 2021 Cut off
Candidates have to qualify the cut off to progress to the next stage of selection. GPAT Cut off is the minimum marks a candidate has to score to get Admission into a course. The Previous years cut off details will give an idea of GPAT 2021 cut off expectation.
Cut off will be released along with the result. It will be mentioned on the candidate's scorecard. Cut off is determined by considering various factors which are mentioned below:
- Total number of students who appeared for GPAT 2021 Exam
- Level of difficulty of question paper
- Previous year Cutoff trends
- Number of seats available
Candidates whose names are on GPAT Merit List will be called for the counselling process. Only the eligible candidates will be given admission to the courses they have applied for.
GPAT 2021 Counselling
GPAT ##yearCounseling will be based on marks scored by candidates and seat allotment will be done based on the merit list. GPAT 2021 Counselling will commence from February 28, 2021. Candidates must bring all the required documents which are mentioned below:
- Marksheets of class 10 and 12
- Degree Marksheet
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- GPAT 2021 Scorecard
- Passport size photo
GPAT Exam General Guidelines
You can follow the below guidelines to be prepared for GPAT 2021 Exam day.
- Candidates shall maintain perfect silence and focus on the question paper only.
- Any conversation or gesture or disturbance in Examination Hall shall be deemed as misconduct of rules.
- If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and it will be treated as the usage of unfair means. Candidature of those candidates will be cancelled and he/she will be debarred from taking this exam either permanently or for a specified period according to the nature of the offense.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Doc Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, and Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, and bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except your Admit Card inside the examination hall.
- If any candidate owns any of the above items, it will be treated as the usage of unfair means and his/her candidature will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s). Moreover, their equipment(s) will be seized.
- The decision of NTA on unfair means will be final and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Print a copy of your Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
- One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on your online Application Form) should be taken for pasting at specific space on the attendance sheet at the centre during GPAT Examination.
- One of the authorized photo IDs (must be original, valid and non-expired)- PAN card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (With photograph)/Ration Card shall be kept handy by you along with your admit card at the test venue.
- Candidates shall cooperate during routine frisking by the authorized personnel.
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority must be carried if one is claiming relaxation under the PwD category.
- Candidates shall report at allotted exam centre two hours before the commencement of the exam to complete frisking and registration formalities well before time. The registration desk will be closed 60 minutes before the exam conduction.
- A candidate must show, on-demand, his/her Admit Card downloaded/printed from NTA’s website for entry in the examination hall. A candidate who does not possess a valid Admit Card shall not be permitted to give GPAT under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
- A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidates should find and sit on their allocated seats only.
- Any candidate found to have changed room/hall or a seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled, and no plea would be accepted in his/her defense for it.
- No candidate, without special permission of Centre Superintendent or Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room/Hall until the duration of the exam is over.
- Candidates must follow given instructions strictly as instructed by Centre Superintendent/Invigilators. Candidates should not leave their exam hall without handing over their rough sheets to the invigilator on duty.
- Smoking, chewing gutka, spitting, etc. in the examination room/hall is strictly prohibited.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of tests for any reason, NTA shall not be responsible for the conduction of a re-test, under any circumstances.
GPAT 2021 Contact Details
If a candidate has any queries related to GPAT 2021 Exam then, he/she can contact the following.
|Address||National Testing Agency, Block C-20/1A/8, Sector-62, IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar, Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)|