OUCET (CPGET) 2021 is the gateway to a large number of PG, PG Diploma and 5-Year integrated courses offered by various universities like Osmania, Kakatiya, Mahatma Gandhi, Satavahana, Telangana, Palamuru & Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University. It is a state-level common postgraduate entrance test.
- Jul 30, 2021: The application forms for OUCET 2021 (CPGET 2021) are released today. Those who are interested may apply for the exam, if eligible, on or before Aug 25, 2021 (without a late fee). Visit OUCET Application Form for the direct link and more information.
- What is OUCET?
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Exam Date
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Eligibility
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Syllabus
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Registration
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Exam Pattern
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Admit Card
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Exam Centres
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Answer Key
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Result
- OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Cut off
- OUCET (CPGET) Selection Process
- OUCET (CPGET) Counselling
- How to prepare for OUCET?
- OUCET Coaching Centres
- Courses offered through OUCET
- Guidelines for OUCET
- OUCET Contact Details
What is the OUCET (CPGET) Exam?
OUCET 2021 opens the gates to various postgraduate, postgraduate diploma courses as well as 5-year long integrated courses like M.A, M.Sc, M.Com, M.C.J, B.L.ISc, M.L.J.Sc, M.S.W, M.Ed, M.P.Ed & PG Diploma. Osmania University was established in the year 1918.
The exam is conducted since the Academic year 2000 - 2001 for admission to Osmania University and its affiliated institutes like Mahatma Gandhi, Palamuru Universities, etc. in the state of Telangana. OUCET 2021 is an entrance exam for admission into these educational institutions for the mentioned courses above. This exam is also known as TS CPGET, OU PGET, and recently CPGET.
Read more below to find out the detailed information regarding Entrance Exam.
Note: OSMANIA University has announced with an immediate effect that OUCET will be known as CPGET (Common Postgraduate Entrance Test).
|OUCET 2021 Exam Overview|
|Name of the Exam||Osmania University Common Entrance Test 2021|
|New Exam Name||Common Post Graduate Entrance Test|
|Acronyms||OUCET / CPGET / TS CPGET / OU PGET|
|Conducting Body of OUCET 2021||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Office Location||Osmania University Main Road, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana|
|Accreditation||Accredited by NAAC with A+ Grade|
|Exam Category||Post Graduation Degree|
|Mode of Exam||Offline Mode|
|Question Types||Multiple-Choice Questions|
|Duration of OUCET 2021 Exam||90 minutes/ 1 Hour & 30 Minutes|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|OUCET 2021 Marking Scheme||For every correct answer (+) 1 Mark; No Negative Marking|
|Application Fee (For Single Subject)||INR 800 (General Category); INR 600 (SC/ST Category)|
|Application Fee (Additional Subject)||INR 400|
|Counselling Fee (Gen/OBC)||INR 250|
|Counselling Fee (SC/ST/PwD)||INR 200|
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Exam Date
Every year, OUCET (OU PGCET) Exam Notification 2021 was available from Jul 30, 2021.
Usual process: OUCET 2021 Dates will be declared by Osmania University and 2021 Exam will be conducted on the date set by the conducting authority. Results are expected to get released after 3-4 weeks of the exam which is followed by the counselling process. The other important Exam Dates are:
|OUCET 2021 Dates|
|Last Date to Submit Application form without fine||Aug 25, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the Application form with a fine of INR 500||Aug 30, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the Application form with a fine of INR 2000||Sep 3, 2021|
|Exam dates||To be announced|
|Results||To be announced|
|Counselling||To be announced|
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Since the OUCET exam is conducted for a large number of courses. Thus the eligibility condition regarding the educational background for each exam is unique. The other conditions are the same.
There is no age bar for the candidates appearing for OUCET (CPGET) 2021 exam.
Only Indian Nationals are allowed to give OUCET exam. The candidate must satisfy the citizenship criteria of the country. Permanent residents of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh(Locals) have an 85% reservation in the seats. The remaining 15% is open to Locals as well as Non-Locals.
For OUCET 2021, the candidate should have an aggregate of 40% score in graduation, to be eligible for OUCET PGCET 2021 Examination. An exemption is given to the candidates from SC/ST category, they are only required to pass the qualifying exam.
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for admission into each discipline is different. There are regular and Integrated Programs as well. OUCET Syllabus 2021 for the various exam is as follows:
|PART 1||Verbal Ability, General Knowledge|
|PART 2||Numerical Data Analysis, Reasoning and Intelligence|
5-Year Integrated Program
|M.Sc in Chemistry+M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry||A||Chemistry|
|M.A in Applied Economics||A||School Level Mathematics|
|B||School Level General English|
|C||Intermediate Level General Knowledge|
|D||Intermediate Level Current Affairs|
|E||Intermediate Level General Economic Concepts|
|C||Numerical Data Analysis|
|D||Reasoning and Intelligence|
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Registration
Every year, the registration for OUCET was started on Jul 30, 2021. Candidates will be able to register the form until Aug 25, 2021 (without a late fee). Other details regarding registration are discussed below.
How to Apply for OUCET Exam?
The application form can be filled in the following way:
- Registration and Fee Payment: Go to the official site of OUCET. Complete the filling of details like Candidate Name, Date of Birth, Active E-Mail Id, active mobile number, etc. Pay registration fees. Finally, you'll be receiving an SMS, with your registration ID in it.
- Fill up Online Application for OUCET 2021: The candidate has to enter all his/her academic and other details.
- Upload the scanned images of your photograph, signature, and certificates.
- Finally, submit the form and take a printout of it.
OUCET (CPGET) Application Form
OUCET Application Form can be filled online mode only through its official website. The form will be available until Aug 25, 2021 (Without a late fee). The application fee based on different categories are as follows:
|OC/BC||Single Subject||INR 800|
|SC/ST/PH||Single Subject||INR 600|
|All Category||Additional Subject||INR 400|
Documents Required to Apply for OUCET (CPGET)
The candidate is required to upload the scanned images of his/her photograph, signature, and certificates. Candidates are required to upload a coloured photograph and prescribed certificates. While uploading photographs make sure the image size should be less than 40kb and the signature scanned image size should be less than 30 kb. The scanned copy uploaded for OUCET CPGET 2021 must be obvious and the photograph should have a focus on the face and clear background. The candidates are also required to submit a valid category certificate to avail the benefits based on category.
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Exam Pattern
OUCET 2021 Exam will be conducted offline i.e in Pen and Paper mode. The exam will be of 90 Minutes and candidates will be required to mark on the OPTICAL MARK READER (OMR) answer sheet by DARKENING the respective ovals with a Black Ball / Blue Point Pen Only.
The number of questions will depend upon the course the candidate has applied for. For all courses except M.P.Ed., there will be 100 MCQs containing 1 mark each. For M.P.Ed., the test will contain 75 multiple choice objective questions for 75 marks. The Department of Physical Education, Osmania University will be awarding the remaining 25 marks.
Note: There is no negative marking for OUCET 2021 exam. Further, the pattern will differ based on the desired course:
CPGET Exam Pattern for MA
Exam pattern for M.A. course is provided below:
|A||1 - 40||Mathematics|
|B||41 - 55||General English|
|C||56 - 70||General Knowledge|
|D||71 - 85||Current Affairs|
|E||86 - 100||General Economics|
CPGET Exam Pattern for MBA
Exam Pattern for the MBA program is tabulated below:
|I||A||1 - 25||Verbal Ability|
|B||26 - 40||General Knowledge|
|II||C||41 - 70||Numerical Data Analysis|
|D||71 - 100||Reasoning and Intelligence|
CPGET Exam Pattern for M.Sc
Exam pattern for M.Sc course is given below:
|A||1 - 34||Chemistry|
|B||35 - 67||Physics|
|C||68 - 100||Mathematics|
OUCET 2021 Hall Ticket/Admit Card
Admit Card for 2021 will be available on the official site. Since the admit card will not be sent by post or other means, candidates are required to visit the site and download the OUCET Admit card 2021.
Also, the OUCET 2021 hall ticket may be removed just before the exam, so the candidates are advised to download it as soon as they receive the information of its release as without admit card he/she will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Note: The candidate has to fix a recent passport size photograph on the Admit card and it should be self-attested.
How to Download the OUCET 2021 Hall Ticket?
The following steps can be followed to download the admit card:
- Step 1: Go to the Official Website
- Step 2: Click on Download Hall Ticket under OUCET Notifications column in the website. You will be redirected to a web page to download the hall ticket.
- Step 3: After entering the Registration ID and Date of Birth, click on Search.
- Step 4: Download the Admit card and get it printed.
Make sure your Admit Card has information correctly spelt and the information should also match with your Photo Id.
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Exam Centres
Exam centres are assigned to each candidate by the exam authority, and it is one among these mentioned on the admit card. It will be wise to locate your OUCET Exam Centre at least a day before the exam. Mentioned below is the list of related campuses.
- PG Centers and Affiliated Colleges of Osmania,
- Telangana University, Telangana
- Mahatma Gandhi and Palamuru Universities.
- Osmania University-Main Campus.
The exam is conducted in 12 zones across the state of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh. Candidates get their OUCET (CPGET) centres on the basis of the choice of zone in the exam form. Please note the choice of zone will not be changed once submitted. Go to Exam Centre page to check the list of Exam Zones.
Documents Required at Exam Centre
The candidate needs to carry a Photo ID along with the Admit card to enter the Exam centre for OUCET 2021.
OUCET Answer Key
Osmania University will release the OUCET Answer key for the exam held from #from_date. Students can now check the answer key and raise an objection if there are any. The answer key can be easily accessed from the official website by entering their credentials. The final answer key will be released with all the correction(if there are any).
How To Check OUCET Answer Key
Candidates can follow below mentioned steps to check OUCET answer key.
- Step 1: Go to the official website, i.e, tscpget.com
- Step 2: On the Navigation panel are look for 'Master Question Paper with Preliminary Key' and click on it
- Step 3: Now select the correct course and click on it
- Step 4: You will be presented with a PDF
- Step 5: You can download OUCET answer key PDF and check the same.
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Results
OUCET Results is expected to be out shortly after the exam. It will be displayed on the official webpage. The candidates are advised to download and take the printout of the OUCET 2021 Results for future reference. Candidates need to enter their Admit Card Number and Date of Birth to check their results.
How to download the OUCET 2021 Result?
The step by step procedure for downloading the result is:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Enter your Login credentials, which involves your registration ID and Date of Birth to download OUCET 2021 Results.
- Step 3: The Rank card will be displayed on the screen, download it and take a print out for future reference.
- Step 4: Take a print of your score card.
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Cut off
After the announcement of results, the cutoff will be declared. This will be the minimum marks that the candidate should get to take admission through OUCET. These marks vary with the category that the candidate belongs to. Every year, the cutoff depends upon the following points:
- Number of Candidates appearing
- Number of seats
- Difficulty Level of paper
OUCET cutoff for various categories is:
|Category||Cutoff Marks (out of 100)|
OUCET (CPGET) Selection Process
A few days after the results are announced, the counselling will start. The counselling will be done online only. After the counselling, the candidate will get institute based on his/her marks and preference. Finally, the candidate has to submit the document and confirm his/her admission into the desired college.
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Counselling
OUCET Counselling will be done through online mode only. Hence the candidate has to regularly check the official website to check the OUCET 2021 Counselling schedule and procedure. The counselling will happen in more than one round so candidates are requested to check updates for waitlists and second and third rounds of counselling. After Counselling, Seat-allotment and document verification, candidates will be required to submit the fee against the admission and first semester. If a candidate fails to submit the fee in due time his/her/x admission will get void.
Qualifying Marks: The qualifying marks for OUCET 2021 is 25. This is the minimum mark a candidate should score to appear for the counselling. However, there are no such criteria for SC/ST candidates.
How to submit OUCET (PGCET) Counselling Fee?
The candidates have to pay a fee against the counselling procedure. This fee is to be submitted only online. The amount payable is INR 250 for General and OBC candidates and INR 200 for SC/ST/PwD candidates. Please make sure you present the required category certificate to avail the benefits. Follow the steps mentioned below to submit the counselling fee and register for the same.
- Step 1: Go to the OUCET (PGCET) website
- Step 2: Log in using credentials
- Step 3: Pay the Counselling fee using Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card
- Step 4: Download the receipt and take a print of it.
OUCET 2021 Certificate Verification for Counselling:
Following certificates are required for OUCET (CPGET) 2021 counselling process:
- High School Completion Certificate
- Higher Secondary School Completion Certificate
- Result sheet or Rank card
- Admit card
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Reservation Certificate (Only applicable for SC/ST)
- Identity Proof Certificate
- Sports Achievement Certificate (Only for Sports Quota Students)
A candidate is expected to possess these credentials for successful completion of the verification process.
How to prepare for OUCET 2021?
The difficulty level of the OUCET (CPGET) exam is considered to be moderate. Thus with consistent hard work and well-executed planning, the candidate can score good marks. The candidate should have a fair idea about the syllabus and regular practice is required in the mathematics and reasoning part of the syllabus.
OUCET Reference Books
There is no particular book or study material that is specific to the OUCET (CPGET) Exam. However, various other reference books are available that will help the candidate to prepare for the exam. Some of those books are listed below:
- JNU MA Economics Entrance Exams - (English, Expert's Compilation)
- The Perfect Study Resource for - Delhi University (DU) MA ECONOMICS Entrance Test 2nd Edition (English, Experts Compilation)
- The Perfect Study Resource for - Delhi University (DU) MA ECONOMICS (Option A) Entrance Test (English, Paperback, Arihant Experts)
- M.Com Entrance Test Guide (English, Seema Kumari)
OUCET Previous year Papers
Candidates can get a fair amount of insight about the syllabus after solving the previous year question papers. Moreover, the candidate can analyze his/her weak spots in the syllabus and time required to solve the entire paper. Thus, OUCET previous year papers will help him/her in planning his/her preparation.
OUCET Mock and Sample Papers
Regularly practising the CPGET mock and sample tests will help the candidate to gain speed and finally help him/her finishing the actual exam on time.
OUCET Coaching Centres
The coaching centres in Hyderabad for preparation of PG Entrance examination are:
- Mohammedan Institute Of General Studies (Coaching Classes)
- TIME Institute (Ameerpet)
- Aimfill International
- Bhargava Educational Academy (Coaching Classes)
- Erudite Coaching Centre
- Geography Study Circle
Courses Offered through OUCET (CPGET)
OUCET 2021 offers a very vast range of courses. Almost every PG Course is being offered through; this is the reason why it is a very popular exam and every year more and more candidates are appearing for the exam. The various courses that are offered through the OUCET (CPGET) 2021 are:
|Course Type||Course Name|
|Post Graduate Programmes||M.A|
|5-year integrated programmes||MBA|
|M.A. in Applied Economics|
|M.Sc. in Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Chemistry|
|PG Diploma Courses||Digital Information Management|
|Functional Hindi and Translation|
|Archival Science and Manuscriptology|
|Advanced PG Diploma in Biostatics|
Number of Courses Offered through OUCET (CPGET) 2021 in OSMANIA University
There are several courses offered with CPGET result. The courses offered through the OUCET (CPGET) exam at OSMANIA University are given below.
|Courses Offered in OSMANIA University Hyderabad|
|Post Graduate Courses in OUCET (CPGET) 2021||39|
|PG Diploma Courses in OUCET (CPGET) 2021||10|
|5 Year Integrated Programmes in OUCET (CPGET) 2021||3|
OSMANIA University is one of the leading Universities in Hyderabad, and it offers a total of 52 courses.
OUCET (CPGET) 2021 Exam Code of Conduct
The following are the instructions that would ensure smooth conduction of CPGET examination on your behalf. Please feel free to go through them.
Test Booklet: The candidates should not remove any page(s) from the OUCET (CPGET)2021 test-Booklet and yet if the pages are found removed, they will be presumed to have used unfair means and shall be liable for punishment.
The Behaviour of Candidate: Candidates shall maintain silence and focus on the OUCET 2021 question Paper only. Any communication with other candidates in the Examination Hall shall be considered as misbehaviour and the candidature of the aspirant shall be terminated.
Gadgets: The use of calculators, log table, communication devices such as the cellular phone or any other electronic device is not allowed inside the OUCET 2021 examination Hall.
Unfair Practices: If a candidate is found using unfair means or impersonating in any stage of OUCET 2021 admission, then his/her candidature shall be cancelled. He/ she will be debarred from taking the examination permanently or for a specified period according to the nature of the offence.
OUCET Exam Guidelines
- Candidates should keep in mind that eligibility is not verified during the application process but at later stages of the admission process. So, the candidate should check eligibility carefully and apply only if he/she fulfils it.
- Candidates appearing for OUCET 2021 examination must carry the Admit Card and original valid photo-identity proof to the exam centre.
- Candidates are advised to take a legible, preferably colour printout of the admit card on an A4 size paper. The Admit card is valid only if the candidate's photograph and signature images are legitimate and are according to the instructions.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the OUCET 2021 examination hall 30 minutes after the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination only after their OUCET 2021 credentials are verified by the centre officials.
OUCET Contact Details
Feel free to contact the helpdesk below for OUCET related queries.
- Address: The Director, Directorate of Admissions, Near PGRR Centre for Distance Education, Osmania University Campus, Hyderabad-500007, Telangana.
E-mail: [email protected]
- Website: www.osmania.ac.in
Where do I get the OUCET application form?
The application process of OUCET is completely online and an interested candidate can apply to the OUCET Exam through the official website of the OUCET Exam.
Am I required to send the documents to authorities after form filling?
No, candidates are not required to send any documents to the authorities after form filling because the application process is completely online and no document is required to be sent in physical form to the authorities.
I made mistakes in the form. Can I change it after the submission of the form?
No, you cannot change the details after submission of the form. If there are any changes needed, candidates should make those before submitting the OUCET application form.
Can a candidate fill applications for more than 1 exam?
Yes, the candidate is allowed to apply for more than one exam.
Can I fill the CPGET/OUCET 2020 Exam form after the last date?
Yes, candidates can fill the OUCET/CPGET 2020 Exam form after the last date although they will be charged late fee accordingly. Candidates are requested to check the official website for more instructions regarding the same.