Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh is a prestigious educational institute founded in 1962 in the field of medical sciences. It offers various post-graduation courses ranging from MD/MS, MSc Nursing to Master level courses in Hospital Administration and Management. It provides a range of educational, training, and research facilities to students.
The PGIMER PG Exam has now been replaced by INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test). All the information on INI CET 2021 is discussed below in detail.
- What is PGIMER?
- PGIMER 2021 Exam Date
- PGIMER 2021 Eligibility
- PGIMER 2021 Application Form
- PGIMER 2021 Registration
- PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern
- PGIMER 2021 Syllabus
- PGIMER 2021 Admit Card
- PGIMER 2021 Result
- PGIMER 2021 Selection Process
- Minimum Qualifying Percentile
- PGIMER 2021 Counselling
- PGIMER 2021 Reference Books
What is PGIMER?
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh was established in 1962 with the objective of providing medical education of the highest standard in India. It has been declared as an "Institute of Importance" by an Act of Parliament and it was in the second position in the 2018 NIRF medical list. PGIMER stood for Post-Graduate Institute for Medical Education and Research. PGI Chandigarh Entrance was conducted independently, like the AIIMS, JIPMER, and PGI Chandigarh Nursing Entrance Exams, which also did not fall under NEET PG.
However, from 2021 onwards, INI CET has replaced the PGIMER entrance exam. The institute conducts its own entrance exam for students to get admissions into postgraduate (PG) medical studies and education. Through the INI CET 2021, admissions for the following programs will be open:
- MD - Doctor of Medicine or MS - Master of Surgery.
- MDS- Master of Dentistry or OHS - House Job
- M.Sc./ M.Sc. MLT - Medical Lab Technology.
- DM/M.Ch. - Master in Chirurgical/Superspeciality in Hospital Administration.
The admission through INI CET shall take place biannually, just like the PGIMER PG. Candidates who are interested in getting admission into any one of the courses which are MDS, M.Sc/M.Sc MLT, DM/M.Ch, MD, etc, offered through the INI CET 2021, are expected to appear for the INI CET 2021 which is an admission test or an entrance test for all these courses. Candidates first need to check the eligibility criteria for this exam and then apply for the same by going to the official website, 'www.aiimsexams.org'. The result will be declared after the exam on the official website and then counselling rounds will be commenced. Interested candidates can find more about the INI CET exam below.
Give below are the highlights of the PGIMER Exam. Continue reading this article to get a complete picture of the exam.
|Exam Full Name||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam|
|Acronym||INI CET 2021|
|Conducting body||PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Exam Mode||Online - Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Medium / Language||English|
|Helpdesk||0091-172-2755569,2755570,2755562 [email protected]|
PGIMER 2021 Exam Dates
The official dates for INI CET 2021 Session have been announced by the conducting authority.
|Basic Registration Starts||September 29, 2020|
|Basic Registration Last Date||October 12, 2020|
|Correction Window for Basic Registration||October 14, 2020 to October 17, 2020|
|Code Generation and Final Registration||October 9, 2020 to October 26, 2020|
|Correction Window for Final Registration||November 3, 2020 to November 6, 2020|
|Admit Card Release||November 10, 2020|
|Exam Date||November 20, 2020|
|Result Declaration||December 4, 2020 (Tentative)|
|Counselling Process||December 11, 2020 (Tentative)|
- Registration Dates: The application forms for MD/MS courses are available from September 29, 2020. The last date to apply for the exam is October 12, 2020.
- PGIMER 2021 Exam Date: The exam will be conducted on November 20, 2020 in Online Mode (Computer Based Test). The duration for the same would be 3 hours.
- To learn more about PGIMER Chandigarh Important Dates in a detailed manner visit PGIMER 2021 Exam Dates section.
PGIMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for the PGIMER / INI CET should check the PGIMER Eligibility Criteria before applying. The general PGIMER Eligibility Criteria states that candidates should have MBBS from an Institute recognized by MCI and they should have completed their Internship. The candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign Nationals wanting to apply for the PGIMER will have to obtain permission from the MCI. Depending on each course PGIMER Chandigarh has framed the eligibility criteria. The PGIMER Eligibility Criteria details according to the various programs are discussed briefly below.
- Candidates must have an MBBS from a University or an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed or in the progress of completion of the compulsory rotatory internship training before joining the course
- Candidates must be registered with the Central or State Medical Registration Council.
MDS/ House Jobs (OHS)
- Candidates must be a graduate of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from Punjab University recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central or State Dental Council.
- Note: Candidates who have already finished House Job in any Hospital or an institute will not be eligible for House Job.
- Candidates should have completed MBBS or an equivalent from any University or an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates should have completed their degree on B.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma from an Institution recognized by the Government of India.
M.Sc. (Respiratory Care)
- Candidates should have completed B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology or B.Sc.in Nursing or B.Sc. Medical or Bachelor of Physiotherapy from an Institution recognized by the Government of India.
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with a minimum of 55% aggregate.
- Note: Sponsored candidates are required to have a minimum of three years of experience in their respective fields, after obtaining their degree.
M.Sc. Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (ASLP)
- Candidates should have a degree in B.Sc. (Audiology and Speech Therapy) or Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language, or Pathology.
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- Note: Sponsored candidates are required to have a minimum of three years experience in their respective fields, after obtaining their degree.
For DM / M.Ch
- Candidates should have completed a degree in MD / MS or an equivalent recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Age Limit for DM / M.Ch:
|General Candidates||35 years|
|OBC Candidates||38 years|
MD (Hospital Administration)
- Candidates should have completed MBBS from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a hospital or 5 years of general practice.
- Candidates must hold a Certificate issued by a District Magistrate in support of his/her general practice.
- Candidates of the general category should have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate, and candidates who belong to reserved categories should have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in MBBS.
- The candidates should have registered with the Central or State Medical Registration Council.
- Get more information about PGIMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
PGIMER 2021 Application Form
The PGIMER 2021 Application process consists of various stages such as entering valid, personal information, uploading all the required documents, paying the fees, etc, which are mentioned in detail below. The PGIMER #2021 aspirants before filling the application form must first read the eligibility criteria thoroughly and fulfill the required criteria. The candidates must read the PGIMER 2021 Application form instructions carefully and fill the form with all the required details. The documents uploaded must be as per the instructions and all details given by the candidate must be valid, otherwise, the application for PGIMER 2021 will not be accepted. The candidates must enter all information correctly and carefully before the application end date.
- Application Date: INI CET 2021 or PGIMER 2021 registration process for MD/MS, July session is from September 29, 2020 and the last date to apply is October 12, 2020.
- Registration Mode: The mode of registration or application for all the courses under INI CET/PGIMER is online.
- Create a login: Candidates have to visit the official website and register themselves to create a profile, by providing the name, email id and password.
- To apply for INI CET/PGIMER 2021, visit PGIMER 2021 Application Form.
PGIMER 2021 Registration
- Go to the official web portal, 'aiimsexams.org,' and read the instruction before clicking on "Apply Now".
- Fill in the name, mobile number, and email ID to register and create a profile.
- After a successful registration, the Login-id & password will be displayed on the screen and will also be sent to the candidates' registered email-id.
- Candidates have to provide personal details like the father's name, mother's name, spouse's name (if any), Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Marital status.
- Academic/education details such as Qualifying Exam, Qualifying Subject, Month and Year of Admission, Marks obtained & Maximum Marks and Institution passed from etc, also should be entered.
- Candidates now have to upload their scanned passport size photograph, signature, other necessary certificates, in JPEG format.
- The last step of the registration process is the payment of fees. The Application fee can be paid by credit card /debit card, net banking, I-collect Service/ Bank challan of SBI Bank. The candidates must preserve the payment receipt.
- PGIMER 2021 application fee details are as follows. The fee given below is exclusive of transaction costs. Moreover, students with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) will be exempted from paying the fee.
|General /OCI /OBC /RA /FN/ Sponsored Category||INR 1500|
Get more information regarding PGIMER 2021 Application Process.
PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern
The PGIMER exam pattern helps the candidate prepare well for the exam. The exam pattern for the PGIMER is given below.
- Sessions: PGI Entrance Exam takes place in 2 sessions, in a year; once in January and the other in July every year. For the July session, the exam takes place in June and for the January session, it takes place in December.
- Mode: PGIMER 2021 will be an online test i.e Computer Based Test.
- Type: The paper is objective in nature i.e. it contains multiple-choice questions (MCQs), where candidates have to choose a single correct answer out of 5 choices.
- Marking Scheme: There will be a deduction of marks for incorrect answers.
- Medium: The paper will only be in the English language.
For MD/ MS
- The question paper consists of 250 multiple-choice questions.
- The syllabus will mainly include the topics that candidates have already learned in MBBS like Preclinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical.
- Candidates are required to complete the exam in 3 hours.
- Each correct answer will be awarded full marks.
- Candidates will lose marks if he/she chooses the wrong answer choice.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||7|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
For MD/MS / MDS/ House Job
- The question paper will consist of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The duration of the test will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- The candidates have to choose a single correct answer out of 4 given choices.
- Candidates will lose marks if he/she chooses the wrong answer.
For M.Sc. Courses
- Candidates will have to appear for a written test that contains 50 MCQs.
- The maximum marks awarded will be 100.
- There will be negative marking to the tune of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
- Minimum qualifying marks are 50%
For MD (Hospital Administration)
- The theory exam will consist of a paper with two parts (Part 1 – General, and Part 2 – Specialty), each with 40 marks.
- Part 1 consists of 40 multiple choice questions of MBBS level, each with four options and a single most appropriate response.
- Part 2 of the paper will consist of 40 multiple choice questions related to Hospital Administration, each with five options and single/multiple correct response(s). Incorrect responses will, however, be negatively marked in Part 2 but not in Part 1.
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
- Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern.
PGIMER 2021 Syllabus
The PGIMER 2021 Syllabus will be based on the subjects studied by the candidates at UG level i.e. at MBBS. These subjects and the PGIMER Syllabus is taken from Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and clinical topics from medical sciences. This will have subjects like Applied Anatomy, Applied Biochemistry, Applied Physiology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Science, and others. The mark distribution will be done on the basis of these subjects from the undergraduate level. The syllabus for MD/MS and PhD is given below. Candidates can take a look below to understand the PGIMER Syllabus.
- General Science
- Research Methodology
- Non-medical Sciences
- Medical Science [MBBS level]
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Applied Anatomy
- Applied Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Applied Physiology
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
- Radio Therapy
- General Surgery
Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Syllabus.
PGIMER 2021 Admit Card
PGIMER Admit Card will be available for download about 15 days prior to the date of PGIMER 2021 examination. It will be made available on their official website.
- PGIMER Login credentials such as Login ID and Password will be required to view and download the admit card.
- The admit card will contain the roll number of the candidate, date and time of the exam, venue of the exam and other instructions.
- Note: The admit card or details regarding the roll number will not be sent through any other means to candidates.
- Get more information about PGIMER 2021 Admit Card.
PGIMER 2021 Result
The PGIMER MD/MS 2021 results for the January session can be expected on December 4, 2020
- A candidate's scores determine ranks in the PGIMER 2021/ INI CET 2021. The same criteria apply to the PGI Nursing Entrance Exam 2021.
- In the case of two candidates securing the same score, the rank will be given to the one who is senior in age.
- The minimum qualifying percentile for the candidates who belong to different categories is tabulated below.
|General or Open||55th Percentile|
|OBC/PH/SC/ST/Rural/Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
For MDS/ House Job
- Results for MDS/ House Job will be available in the form of a merit list.
- In addition to the category-wise merit list, a general merit list will also be prepared.
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in BDS examination shall rank higher to a candidate who has obtained lower marks OR if the aggregate marks obtained in BDS examination are the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank higher to a candidate who is junior in age.
PGIMER 2021 Selection Process
The PGIMER 2021 Selection process consists of various steps. The first step is the candidate must register himself/herself and proceed to fill the PGIMER 2021 application form. After completing the application process, the candidates must download the PGIMER 2021 admit card. They must take a print out of the same and carry it with other documents or ID proof to the exam centre. After the PGIMER 2021 exam, the results will be declared. The cut off will be set by the conducting body and candidates in order to qualify the exam must score the cut off marks or higher. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the PGIMER 2021 counselling process. The counselling process is the last stage and will consist of many rounds. Here the candidates must choose their respective subjects.
PGIMER 2021 Cut Off
Tabulated below is the minimum qualifying percentile for the various courses offered by PGIMER. A candidate must obtain at least this much to qualify.
For MDS/House Job:
|General or Open||55th Percentile|
|OBC/PH/SC/ST/Rural/Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|General / OBC/ Sponsored/ Foreign Nationals||48|
Note: However, for the final selection, the candidates are required to obtain minimum 60% marks for general category and 55% marks for SC/ST.
For MD (Hospital Administration):
Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Results.
PGIMER 2021 Counselling
The PGIMER 2020 Counselling for the spot round was conducted on July 31, 2020. This was the fourth round of the PGIMER 2020 Counselling and probably the last round of PGIMER 2020 counselling. The PGIMER 2020 Counselling for the spot round was conducted in offline mode. Candidates can check the official website for more information about the venue, and time of the event.
The PGIMER Exam authorities have just announced the seat matrix for the third round of PGIMER Counselling. The seats announced are for the MD/MS. Candidates can check the seat matrix for the PGIMER Counseling here. Previously, PGIMER had released seat allotment for the first and second rounds of the PGIMER Counselling which was done online.
For MD/MS/MDS/House Job:
- Candidates who qualify the written exam will have to go through personal counseling. In order to participate in the counselling, the candidates will have to fulfill the cutoff points set by the conducting authority.
- Candidates who are absent on the day of the counseling will not be reconsidered in any circumstance.
- Any candidate who does not get the subject of his/her choice in the first and second rounds of counselling can also attend the third and fourth rounds to get the preferred subject.
- Candidates will not have to pay any extra fees to appear for the multiple rounds of counseling.
- Required Documents at the time of Counselling Process
- Print out of online application form
- Copies of recent colour photograph,
- Educational qualification(s) Certificate
- Experience Certificate
- Age/date of birth Certificate
- Caste certificate
- Fresh OBC Certificat
- Callan Form
- NOC (if employed)
- Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Counselling.
PGIMER 2021 Reference Books
There are different post-graduation courses offered at PGIMER. The syllabus and exam pattern for entrances of all these courses varies from each other. It is recommended to study textbooks of respective subjects to clear the basics of the syllabus. Along with the textbooks, using other material such as practice books and mock tests is just as important for getting a good score in the PGIMER 2021 Exam. There are multiple books available but choosing the right books is really vital for PGIMER 2021 Exam preparation. Applicants can consider studying from PGIMER 2021 Reference Books which are mentioned below.
- PGI Chandigarh Post Graduate Entrance Examination Vol 1 and 2 - Manoj Chaudhary
- Mnemonics for Success in PG Medical Entrance Examination - Arun Kumar
- Review of PGI Chandigarh - Mukhmohit Singh and Shveta Saini
- Sure Success Magic - B Ramgopal
- Last Minute Revision Points - Dr Mukesh Bhatia and Dr Rajat Jain
- Review of PG Medical Entrance Examination Vol 1: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology - Amit Tripathi and Arvind Arora
PGIMER Chandigarh Contact Details
- Address: Dr Biman Saika, Officer-Incharge Website, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pincode - 160 012, India.
- Phone: 0091-172-2755569,2755570,2755562.
- Fax: 0091-172-2744401, 2745078.
- Website: pgimer.edu.in
- Email: [email protected]