Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh is a prestigious educational institute founded in 1962 in the field of medical sciences. It offers various post-graduation courses ranging from MD/MS, MSc Nursing to Master level courses in Hospital Administration and Management. It provides a range of educational, training, and research facilities to students.
The PGIMER Exam for MD/MS/MDS courses has now been replaced by INI CET (Institute of National Importance Combined Entrance Test).
- April 27, 2021: The application form correction facility for PGIMER 2021 DM/M.Ch May Session is open now. Candidates who have made a mistake in their application forms can do the corrections until April 28, 2021 (11:55 PM).
- March 28, 2021: PGIMER has declared the results for the entrance of PhD and D.M/M.Ch January session 2021. For more information, Visit PGIMER 2021 Results page.
- March 10, 2021: PGIMER Chandigarh has announced the complete schedule for examinations today. The examination schedule for July/September for PGIMER 2021 is given down below.
- What is PGIMER?
- PGIMER 2021 Exam Date
- PGIMER 2021 Eligibility
- PGIMER 2021 Application Form
- PGIMER 2021 Registration
- PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern
- PGIMER 2021 Syllabus
- PGIMER 2021 Admit Card
- PGIMER 2021 Result
- PGIMER 2021 Selection Process
- Minimum Qualifying Percentile
- PGIMER 2021 Counselling
- PGIMER 2021 Reference Books
What is PGIMER?
Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh was established in 1962 with the objective of providing medical education of the highest standard in India. It has been declared as an "Institute of Importance" by an Act of Parliament and it was in the second position in the 2018 NIRF medical list. PGIMER stood for Post-Graduate Institute for Medical Education and Research. PGI Chandigarh Entrance was conducted independently, like the AIIMS, JIPMER, and PGI Chandigarh Nursing Entrance Exams, which also did not fall under NEET PG.
However, from 2021 onwards, INI CET has replaced the PGIMER entrance exam. The institute conducts its own entrance exam for students to get admissions into postgraduate (PG) medical studies and education. Through the INI CET 2021, admissions for the following programs will be open:
- MD - Doctor of Medicine or MS - Master of Surgery.
- MDS- Master of Dentistry or OHS - House Job
- M.Sc./ M.Sc. MLT - Medical Lab Technology.
- DM/M.Ch. - Master in Chirurgical/Superspeciality in Hospital Administration.
The admission through INI CET shall take place biannually, just like the PGIMER. Candidates who are interested in getting admission into any one of the courses which are MDS, M.Sc/M.Sc MLT, DM/M.Ch, MD, etc, offered through the INI CET 2021, are expected to appear for the INI CET 2021 which is an admission test or an entrance test for all these courses. Candidates first need to check the eligibility criteria for this exam and then apply for the same by going to the official website, 'www.aiimsexams.org'. The result will be declared after the exam on the official website and then counseling rounds will be commenced. Interested candidates can find more about the INI CET exam below.
Give below are the highlights of the PGIMER Exam. Continue reading this article to get a complete picture of the exam.
|Exam Full Name||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research Entrance Exam|
|Conducting body||PGIMER Chandigarh|
|Exam Mode||Online - Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Medium / Language||English|
|Helpdesk||0091-172-2755569,2755570,2755562 [email protected]|
PGIMER 2021 Exam Dates
The official dates for INI CET 2021 Session have been announced by the conducting authority.
|Basic Registration Starts||March 01, 2021|
|Basic Registration Last Date||March 31, 2021|
|MD/MS through INI CET||May 09, 2021|
|DM/M.Ch||May 31, 2021|
|Master in Public Health||May 31, 2021|
|PG Diploma in Public Health Management||May 31, 2021|
|PhD||June 05, 2021|
|House Job||June 05, 2021|
|M.Sc., M.Sc MLT, M.Sc Nursing||June 05, 2021|
|Fellowship and Post Doctoral Fellowship||June 05, 2021|
|B.Sc Nursing and Post Basic||July 11, 2021|
|B.Sc Paramedical||August 10, 2021|
|ICMR JRF||June 11, 2021|
|Admit Card Release||To be announced|
|Result Declaration||To be announced|
|Counselling Process||To be announced|
- To learn more about PGIMER Chandigarh Important Dates in a detailed manner visit PGIMER 2021 Exam Dates section.
Candidates who want to apply for the PGIMER / INI CET should check the PGIMER Eligibility Criteria before applying. The general PGIMER Eligibility Criteria states that candidates should have MBBS from an Institute recognized by MCI and they should have completed their Internship. The candidate should be a citizen of India. Foreign Nationals wanting to apply for the PGIMER will have to obtain permission from the MCI. Depending on each course PGIMER Chandigarh has framed the eligibility criteria. The PGIMER Eligibility Criteria details according to the various programs are discussed briefly below.
- Candidates must have an MBBS from a University or an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates must have either completed or in the progress of completion of the compulsory rotatory internship training before joining the course
- Candidates must be registered with the Central or State Medical Registration Council.
MDS/ House Jobs (OHS)
- Candidates must be a graduate of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from Punjab University recognized by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Candidates must be registered with the Central or State Dental Council.
- Note: Candidates who have already finished House Job in any Hospital or an institute will not be eligible for House Job.
- Candidates should have completed MBBS or an equivalent from any University or an Institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates should have completed their degree on B.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry) or B.V.Sc. or B. Pharma from an Institution recognized by the Government of India.
M.Sc. (Respiratory Care)
- Candidates should have completed B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology or B.Sc.in Nursing or B.Sc. Medical or Bachelor of Physiotherapy from an Institution recognized by the Government of India.
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with a minimum of 55% aggregate.
- Note: Sponsored candidates are required to have a minimum of three years of experience in their respective fields, after obtaining their degree.
M.Sc. Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (ASLP)
- Candidates should have a degree in B.Sc. (Audiology and Speech Therapy) or Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language, or Pathology.
- Candidates should have completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- Note: Sponsored candidates are required to have a minimum of three years experience in their respective fields, after obtaining their degree.
For DM / M.Ch
- Candidates should have completed a degree in MD / MS or an equivalent recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Age Limit for DM / M.Ch:
|General Candidates||35 years|
|OBC Candidates||38 years|
MD (Hospital Administration)
- Candidates should have completed MBBS from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in a hospital or 5 years of general practice.
- Candidates must hold a Certificate issued by a District Magistrate in support of his/her general practice.
- Candidates of the general category should have secured a minimum of 55% aggregate, and candidates who belong to reserved categories should have secured a minimum of 50% aggregate in MBBS.
- The candidates should have registered with the Central or State Medical Registration Council.
- Get more information about PGIMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria.
PGIMER 2021 Application Form
The PGIMER 2021 Application process consists of various stages such as entering valid, personal information, uploading all the required documents, paying the fees, etc, which are mentioned in detail below. The PGIMER 2021 aspirants before filling the application form must first read the eligibility criteria thoroughly and fulfill the required criteria. The candidates must read the PGIMER 2021 Application form instructions carefully and fill the form with all the required details. The documents uploaded must be as per the instructions and all details given by the candidate must be valid, otherwise, the application for PGIMER 2021 will not be accepted. The candidates must enter all information correctly and carefully before the application end date.
- Application Date: PGIMER 2021 registration process for MD/MS Julysession was from Sep 29, 2021 and the last date to apply was Oct 12, 2021.
- Registration Mode: The mode of registration or application for all the courses under INI CET/PGIMER is online.
- Create a login: Candidates have to visit the official website and register themselves to create a profile, by providing the name, email id and password.
- To apply for INI CET/PGIMER 2021, visit PGIMER 2021 Application Form.
PGIMER 2021 Registration
- Go to the official web portal, 'pgimer.edu.in,' and read the instruction before clicking on "Apply Now".
- Fill in the name, mobile number, and email ID to register and create a profile.
- After a successful registration, the Login-id & password will be displayed on the screen and will also be sent to the candidates' registered email-id.
- Candidates have to provide personal details like the father's name, mother's name, spouse's name (if any), Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Marital status.
- Academic/education details such as Qualifying Exam, Qualifying Subject, Month and Year of Admission, Marks obtained & Maximum Marks and Institution passed from etc, also should be entered.
- Candidates now have to upload their scanned passport size photograph, signature, other necessary certificates, in JPEG format.
- The last step of the registration process is the payment of fees. The Application fee can be paid by credit card /debit card, net banking, I-collect Service/ Bank challan of SBI Bank. The candidates must preserve the payment receipt.
- PGIMER 2021 application fee details are as follows. The fee given below is exclusive of transaction costs. Moreover, students with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) will be exempted from paying the fee.
|General /OCI /OBC /RA /FN/ Sponsored Category||INR 1500|
PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern
The PGIMER exam pattern helps the candidate prepare well for the exam. The exam pattern for the PGIMER is given below.
- Sessions: PGI Entrance Exam takes place in 2 sessions, in a year; once in January and the other in July every year.
- Mode: PGIMER 2021 will be an online test i.e Computer Based Test.
- Type: The paper is objective in nature i.e. it contains multiple-choice questions (MCQs), where candidates have to choose a single correct answer out of 5 choices.
- Marking Scheme: There will be a deduction of marks for incorrect answers.
- Medium: The paper will only be in the English language.
For MD/ MS
- The question paper consists of 250 multiple-choice questions.
- The syllabus will mainly include the topics that candidates have already learned in MBBS like Preclinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical.
- Candidates are required to complete the exam in 3 hours.
- Each correct answer will be awarded full marks.
- Candidates will lose marks if he/she chooses the wrong answer choice.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology||10|
|Social and Preventive Medicine||7|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||20|
For MD/MS / MDS/ House Job
- The question paper will consist of 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The duration of the test will be 1 hour 30 minutes.
- The candidates have to choose a single correct answer out of 4 given choices.
- Candidates will lose marks if he/she chooses the wrong answer.
For M.Sc. Courses
- Candidates will have to appear for a written test that contains 50 MCQs.
- The maximum marks awarded will be 100.
- There will be negative marking to the tune of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the theory paper.
- Minimum qualifying marks are 50%
For MD (Hospital Administration)
- The theory exam will consist of a paper with two parts (Part 1 – General, and Part 2 – Specialty), each with 40 marks.
- Part 1 consists of 40 multiple choice questions of MBBS level, each with four options and a single most appropriate response.
- Part 2 of the paper will consist of 40 multiple choice questions related to Hospital Administration, each with five options and single/multiple correct response(s). Incorrect responses will, however, be negatively marked in Part 2 but not in Part 1.
- The duration of the exam is 90 minutes.
- Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Exam Pattern.
PGIMER 2021 Syllabus
The PGIMER 2021 Syllabus will be based on the subjects studied by the candidates at UG level i.e. at MBBS. These subjects and the PGIMER Syllabus is taken from Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and clinical topics from medical sciences. This will have subjects like Applied Anatomy, Applied Biochemistry, Applied Physiology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Science, and others. The mark distribution will be done on the basis of these subjects from the undergraduate level. The syllabus for MD/MS and PhD is given below. Candidates can take a look below to understand the PGIMER Syllabus.
- General Science
- Research Methodology
- Non-medical Sciences
- Medical Science [MBBS level]
- Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Applied Anatomy
- Applied Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Applied Physiology
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Radio Diagnosis
- Radio Therapy
- General Surgery
Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Syllabus.
PGIMER 2021 Admit Card
PGIMER Admit Card will be available for download about 15 days prior to the date of PGIMER 2021 examination. It will be made available on their official website.
- PGIMER Login credentials such as Login ID and Password will be required to view and download the admit card.
- The admit card will contain the roll number of the candidate, date and time of the exam, venue of the exam and other instructions.
- Note: The admit card or details regarding the roll number will not be sent through any other means to candidates.
- Get more information about PGIMER 2021 Admit Card.
PGIMER 2021 Result
The PGIMER 2021 results for the January session were released on March 30, 2021.
- A candidate's scores determine ranks in the PGIMER 2021/ INI CET 2021.
- In the case of two candidates securing the same score, the rank will be given to the one who is senior in age.
- The minimum qualifying percentile for the candidates who belong to different categories is tabulated below.
|General or Open||55th Percentile|
|OBC/PH/SC/ST/Rural/Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
For MDS/ House Job
- Results for MDS/ House Job will be available in the form of a merit list.
- In addition to the category-wise merit list, a general merit list will also be prepared.
- A candidate who has obtained higher aggregate marks in BDS examination shall rank higher to a candidate who has obtained lower marks OR if the aggregate marks obtained in BDS examination are the same, then a candidate senior in age shall rank higher to a candidate who is junior in age.
PGIMER 2021 Selection Process
The PGIMER 2021 Selection process consists of various steps. The first step is the candidate must register himself/herself and proceed to fill the PGIMER 2021 application form. After completing the application process, the candidates must download the PGIMER 2021 admit card. They must take a print out of the same and carry it with other documents or ID proof to the exam centre. After the PGIMER 2021 exam, the results will be declared. The cut off will be set by the conducting body and candidates in order to qualify the exam must score the cut off marks or higher. The shortlisted candidates will be called for the PGIMER 2021 counselling process. The counselling process is the last stage and will consist of many rounds. Here the candidates must choose their respective subjects.
PGIMER 2021 Cut Off
Tabulated below is the minimum qualifying percentile for the various courses offered by PGIMER. A candidate must obtain at least this much to qualify.
For MDS/House Job:
|General or Open||55th Percentile|
|OBC/PH/SC/ST/Rural/Foreign Nationals||50th Percentile|
|General / OBC/ Sponsored/ Foreign Nationals||48|
- Note: However, for the final selection, the candidates are required to obtain minimum 60% marks for general category and 55% marks for SC/ST.
For MD (Hospital Administration):
- Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Results.
PGIMER 2021 Counselling
This was the fourth round of the PGIMER 2020 Counselling and probably the last round of PGIMER 2021 counselling. The PGIMER 2021 Counselling for the spot round was conducted in offline mode. Candidates can check the official website for more information about the venue, and time of the event.
The PGIMER Exam authorities have just announced the seat matrix for the third round of PGIMER Counselling. The seats announced are for the MD/MS. Candidates can check the seat matrix for the PGIMER Counseling here. Previously, PGIMER had released seat allotment for the first and second rounds of the PGIMER Counselling which was done online.
For MD/MS/MDS/House Job:
- Candidates who qualify the written exam will have to go through personal counseling. In order to participate in the counselling, the candidates will have to fulfill the cutoff points set by the conducting authority.
- Candidates who are absent on the day of the counseling will not be reconsidered in any circumstance.
- Any candidate who does not get the subject of his/her choice in the first and second rounds of counselling can also attend the third and fourth rounds to get the preferred subject.
- Candidates will not have to pay any extra fees to appear for the multiple rounds of counseling.
- Required Documents at the time of Counselling Process
- Print out of online application form
- Copies of recent colour photograph,
- Educational qualification(s) Certificate
- Experience Certificate
- Age/date of birth Certificate
- Caste certificate
- Fresh OBC Certificat
- Callan Form
- NOC (if employed)
- Get to know more about PGIMER 2021 Counselling.
PGIMER 2021 Reference Books
There are different post-graduation courses offered at PGIMER. The syllabus and exam pattern for entrances of all these courses varies from each other. It is recommended to study textbooks of respective subjects to clear the basics of the syllabus. Along with the textbooks, using other material such as practice books and mock tests is just as important for getting a good score in the PGIMER 2021 Exam. There are multiple books available but choosing the right books is really vital for PGIMER 2021 Exam preparation. Applicants can consider studying from PGIMER 2021 Reference Books which are mentioned below.
- PGI Chandigarh Post Graduate Entrance Examination Vol 1 and 2 - Manoj Chaudhary
- Mnemonics for Success in PG Medical Entrance Examination - Arun Kumar
- Review of PGI Chandigarh - Mukhmohit Singh and Shveta Saini
- Sure Success Magic - B Ramgopal
- Last Minute Revision Points - Dr Mukesh Bhatia and Dr Rajat Jain
- Review of PG Medical Entrance Examination Vol 1: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Microbiology - Amit Tripathi and Arvind Arora
PGIMER Chandigarh Contact Details
- Address: Dr Biman Saika, Officer-Incharge Website, PGIMER, Sector-12, Chandigarh, Pincode - 160 012, India.
- Phone: 0091-172-2755569,2755570,2755562.
- Fax: 0091-172-2744401, 2745078.
- Website: pgimer.edu.in
- Email: [email protected]
When can I apply for the B.Sc Nursing program in PGIMER Chandigarh?
PGIMER conducts examinations to admit candidates for the B.Sc Nursing course once a year. The exam is conducted in June every year.
Who is eligible for the PGIMER Entrance Exam?
An applicant should have qualified 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology or any other equivalent exam with a minimum score of 50%. The age of the applicant should be in between 17 years and 25 years. The eligibility criteria for each course is different, applicants can check their eligibility above.
Is there a provision to apply for more than one program?
Yes, there is. The candidate will have to submit a separate application form for each program.
What are modes of payment for the application fee?
The fees can be played either online or offline. Online payments can be through debit/credit card or netbanking while offline payment can be made through a bank challan in the name of “Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh\'\'.
In case of an issue with net banking and the payment of application fees is done more than once, will a refund be issued?
Yes, a refund will be issued as soon as you bring it to the notice of the conducting authority.
Is the exam conducted in regional languages too?
No, the exam is conducted only in the English language. No other language is available.
What is the exam paper pattern for PGIMER?
The exam pattern is different for each of the different programs. Check the PGIMER Exam pattern section for details.
What is the syllabus for the PGIMER exam?
The syllabus will be different for each of the various programs available under the examination. You can check the syllabus for each course above.
What is the ranking system in the PGIMER Exam?
The higher the marks, the better the rank. In case two or more candidates have scored the same marks, the higher ranking will be given to the candidate who is senior in age. This is applicable to all courses.
What is the mode of the PGIMER Exam?
The PGIMER Exam is conducted in online mode i.e. it is a computer-based test. Candidates can find more about the PGIMER Exam Pattern above.
How can I prepare for the PGIMER Exam?
Much like preparing for any other exam, understanding the PGIMER Syllabus and PGIMER Exam Pattern beforehand is important. Candidates should be aware of the negative marking present in the PGIMER Exam. Candidates can use practice books, other study material available for practice. Additionally, they can also check PGIMER Previous Year Question Papers and revise all the material for at least a month before the PGIMER Exam.
What factors are considered while calculating the PGIMER Cut Off?
The PGIMER Cut Off is calculated by taking a few factors into account like number candidates who appeared for the PGIMER Exam, the number of candidates who passed the PGIMER Exam, the total number of seats, and the difficulty level of the PGIMER Exam.
I have given the PGIMER Exam, can I go for the PGIMER Counselling?
No, merely appearing for the PGIMER Exam is not sufficient to participate in the PGIMER Counselling. The PGIMER Counselling is conducted after the PGIMER Result is declared. The PGIMER authorities also declare PGIMER Cut Off of the PGIMER Exam along with the result. The candidates who will score more than the PGIMER Cut Off for that particular year will be allowed to appear for the PGIMER Counselling.
I have lost my PGIMER Admit Card, what do I do?
In case candidates lose the PGIMER Admit card, they can download the PGIMER Admit Card from the official website and take a printout of it again. Candidates can download their PGIMER Admit cards as many times as they want before the PGIMER Exam. Although, candidates are instructed to download the PGIMER Admit card well before the PGIMER Exam and they should also have 2 to 3 copies of the PGIMER Admit Card to avoid any last-minute problems.
LIVE APPLICATION FORMS
Vivekananda Global University, [VGU] Jaipur
Master of Physiotherapy~B.Sc~M.Sc (Total Fees) Rs. 1,80,000
Invertis University, [IU] Bareilly
B.Sc~M.Sc (Total Fees) Rs. 60000
Rai University, [RU] Ahmedabad
B.Sc~M.Sc (Total Fees) Rs. 1,60,600
Institute of Clinical Research India, [ICRI] - Ansal University, New Delhi
BSC-CLINICAL RESEARCH AND HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT~B.Sc Clinical Reaserch & Healthcare Management~MSc-CLINICAL RESEARCH ~M.Sc Clinical Research (Total Fees) Rs. 3,45,000
Indian Institute of Gems and Jewellery, [IIGJ] Jaipur
B.Voc (Total Fees) Rs. 1.25 Lakh