Looking forward to doing an Architecture course? NATA is an Eligibility Test for Admission into Architecture. To get into renowned Institutions like IIT, NIT, Sir J. J. College of Architecture, Mumbai, one must qualify the NATA Exam.
Latest Update: The new exam dates for NATA 2020 have been announced. The first test is to be conducted on August 1, 2020. The second test is to be conducted on August 29, 2020.
On May 7, 2020 the Council of Architecture announced that the First and Second tests of NATA 2020 have been postponed due to the increasing health concerns posed by the coronavirus (COVID-19). The new exam dates will be announced soon based on the situation in the upcoming weeks.
Candidates can contact the NATA helpdesk at [email protected] or call on 9319275557, 7303487773 in case they have any queries regarding the examination, the postponement or the new schedule announcement.
- What is NATA?
- NATA 2020 Exam Dates
- NATA 2020 Eligibility
- NATA 2020 Syllabus
- NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for NATA?
- NATA 2020 Registration
- NATA 2020 Application Form
- NATA 2020 Admit Card
- NATA 2020 Exam Centres
- NATA 2020 Results
- NATA 2020 Cut off
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is NATA?
The full form of NATA is National Aptitude Test in Architecture. NATA is considered to be one of the most competitive exams for architecture in India amongst DASA, JEE Mains AAT, etc.. few to be named. It is a national level undergraduate entrance exam for Architecture organized by Council of Architecture (CoA) for Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) which is a 5-year program.
Council of Architecture (CoA) was established by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972. This was enacted by the Parliament of India and commenced on 1st September 1972. The Act provides registration of Architects, standards of education, standards of professional conduct and recognized qualifications and etiquette for the architects.
- NATA is a national level aptitude test organized in all major cities across India. It will be held twice from the academic year 2019-20. The first phase will be organized in April and second in July.
- It is both online i.e. Computer-based Tests (CBT) and offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT).
- This test assesses drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability of the candidate pursuing Architecture.
- There is no age limit for NATA. Candidate should have completed their SSLC and 12th with an aggregate of minimum 50% and one who has completed their diploma should have secured a minimum of 50% to be eligible for this exam.
- NATA can be given at any designated test centres. It is one of the popular exams to avail admission at architecture colleges.
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Exam Date||August 1, 2020 and August 29, 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online/Pen Paper Based|
|Score Validity||One year only|
NATA 2020 Exam Dates
NATA 2020 Application form is available on the official website from February 1, 2020. NATA first test will be conducted on August 1, 2020 and the second test will be conducted on May 31, 2020.
Nata 2020 exam dates are announced on the official website on February 1, 2020.
|Events||Schedule-I Dates||Schedule-II Dates|
|Application Form Start date||February 1, 2020||February 1, 2020|
|NATA 2020 Application Form Ends date||April 15, 2020||May 4, 2020|
|Image Uploads Last Date||March 27, 2020||May 8, 2020|
|NATA 2020 Admit Card date||To be announced||To be announced|
|NATA 2020 Exam date||August 1, 2020||August 29, 2020|
|Result||To be announced||To be announced|
NATA 2020 Eligibility
Candidates who are applying for NATA 2020 should have graduated class 12th. Mathematics is a mandatory subject in class 12 for pursuing Architecture. The below-mentioned NATA 2020 eligibility chart is given by the Council Of Architecture (COA). Candidates satisfying these criteria can apply for NATA 2020 Exam.
|Age||There is no age limit for NATA 2020|
A candidate who completed 10+2 or equivalent from Central or State Board of Examination.
Candidate who graduated in 10+3 Diploma from any affiliated university.
Candidate with an International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling is also eligible to apply for NATA 2020.
|Lateral Entry||There are no lateral admissions in any stage/year for the B.Arch course.|
|Minimum Marks||Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks and should have taken mathematics as one of the main subjects.|
NATA 2020 Syllabus
Candidates are supposed to prepare according to the syllabus prescribed by the Council of Architecture (COA) for NATA. NATA 2020 Syllabus consists of Mathematics, General Aptitude, Drawing Test.
NATA syllabus consists of subjects like General Aptitude and Drawing test which carry 80 marks each and Mathematics is given for 40 marks. There are various topics under each subject. Candidate should focus on the syllabus to score well in NATA 2020 examination.
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern is decided by COA, and the exam will be conducted in April 2020 and July 2020 respectively. All the questions and instructions will be given in English language only. For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded. There is no negative marking in NATA Exam.
Highlights of NATA 2020 Exam Pattern are as follows:
|Part 1 Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude (MCQ)||40||80|
|Part 2 - Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Drawings in A4 size paper||2||80|
How to prepare for NATA?
Plan it before: Plan your study time effectively and efficiently. Allow sufficient time for all subjects. Prepare a timetable for your everyday tasks.
Get an idea: Next, check NATA previous years question papers and get an idea about the exam pattern and types of questions asked in NATA.
Keep a record: Keep a record of everyday work, and make sure that today’s work done is better than yesterday's work done.
Divide your time: Candidates should make a proper timetable by dividing time, allotting more time for important sections in this exam.
Quality Study Material: A lot of study materials are available online as well as offline. Candidates should check out the reference books to get knowledge about the exam topics. Apart from a reference book, the most effective material to study is NATA question papers.
Prioritize your work: Firstly, work on topics that you feel tougher and give more focus to those topics, and don't neglect any of the topics.
Revise a lot: For a better result, a candidate must do a proper revision after completing each topic.
Give mock tests: Practice with NATA Mock test/ Sample Test Papers and learn from your mistakes by assessing it without anyone's help.
Group Discussions: Meet people preparing for NATA or your friends to discuss various topics to exchange information and vice versa.
NATA 2020 Registration
Candidates will have to follow these steps to register for NATA 2020:
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Candidates need to register themselves by clicking on the "Register" option.
- Step 3: After clicking the register option, you will have to fill details like Name, Date of Birth, E-mail ID, Phone Number, etc. Make sure that you have created a strong password. After entering the required details, click on the "Sign up" button. After that, you will be getting a username and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Step 4: Now, you have to enter the credentials you received in your email and mobile number.
- Step 5: Afterwards you need to fill the form with your educational and other details.
- Step 6: Upload a recent photograph and signature in the required format.
- Step 7: Pay the application fee of INR 1800/- (General candidates ) and (INR 1500/- for reserved categories) for applying one and the candidates applying for both NATA exams have to INR 3500/- (General Candidates) and INR 2800/- (for reserved candidates) respectively.
- Step 8: Print the application form and fee receipt for future purposes.
Documents to be uploaded for NATA 2020 registration
- Recent Passport size Photograph in Colour
- Your Signature
Note: Documents have to be in jpg/jpeg format.
Following are the details concerning the size and dimension of the documents:
|Documents||Storage Size||Image Dimension|
NATA 2020 Application Form
To take up NATA 2020 Exam, candidates will have to register and submit the NATA 2020 Application Form. The application form is available on the official website from February 1, 2020 to April 15, 2020.
Candidates satisfying eligibility criteria can apply for NATA 2020.
|Mode of NATA 2020 Application Form||Online|
General/OBC- INR 1800/-SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- INR 1500/-(applying once)
General/OBC- INR 3500/-SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- INR 2800/-(applying twice)
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only.|
Documents required to apply for NATA 2020
Following documents are required when a candidate is filling up the NATA 2020 Application Form:
- Mark Sheet of Class 10
- Photo ID Proof
- Image file of a Recent Photograph, Signature, and Left Thumb Impression.
- Debit/Credit/Net banking for fee Payment.
NATA 2020 Admit Card
Admit card will be available online. NATA 2020 Admit Card will be released on the official website on April 8, 2020. Candidates have to log in and download Admit Card from the official website.
Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam center along with one of the photo IDs like Voter ID/Pan Card/Aadhar Card/Driving Licence/e-Aadhar.
NOTE: If there is any discrepancy, it must be brought to the notice of exam authorities immediately.
How to Download NATA 2020 Admit Card?
To download the admit card follow steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the "Download NATA 2020 Admit Card" link.
- Step 3: Enter the required login credentials (Application number and Password).
- Step 4: Download and take a print out of it.
NATA 2020 Exam Centres
NATA 2019 was conducted in 136 centers, out of which 135 centers are in India and one exam center is in Dubai. The exam center was allocated based on the preference of the candidates.
Candidates are advised to reach the allotted exam center on or before the reporting time (printed on admit card). A late entry in examination premises will not be allowed.
NOTE: A candidate cannot place a request for change of exam center and it will not be entertained by conducting authority under any circumstances.
Documents required on NATA Exam day
Following are the documents candidates should carry to Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Photo ID Proof
- Passport size photograph
NATA 2020 Results
Results will be declared only on the official website of the conducting authority. NATA 2020 Results will be announced on September 10, 2020. Use your registered details and Exam/test Roll number to access NATA 2020 results. This score will be valid only for admission in the academic session 2020-2021.
Scorecard for NATA contains details regarding candidate's name, roll number, marks, merit secured, percentile secured, etc.
Qualifying marks: Qualifying marks for NATA will be based on following rules such as:
- At least 25% marks must be scored in MCQ type Questions (30 out of 120).
- At least 25% marks must be secured in Drawing Questions (20 out of 80).
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) will be based on post-exam statistics & at the discretion of Council.
How to download NATA 2020 Result?
Candidates will have to follow these steps to download NATA result from the official website:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NATA 2020.
- Step 2: Click to generate your scorecard.
- Step 3: Read the instructions given and enter required details.
- Step 4: Click on the "Download" option to download your result.
- Step 5: Candidate can download the original mark sheet from the official website of NATA 2020.
NATA 2020 Cutoff
NATA is an eligibility test for admission to Architecture course. It is conducted by Council of Architecture. NATA 2020 Scores will be considered by various reputed institutions like NIT, IIT, etc.
NATA 2020 Cutoff will be released on the official website after results are declared.
NATA Cutoff Determining Factors are as follows:
- The total number of candidates taking up NATA.
- Level of difficulty of the exam.
- The total number of seats available.
The minimum qualifying Cutoff of NATA for 2019 is mentioned below in the tabular form. A candidate needs to qualify the exam separately for individual sections.
|Sections||Qualifying Percentage||Total Marks|
|Mathematics section||At least 25% (total 30 marks)||120|
|Drawing section||At least 25% (total 20 marks)||80|
NATA 2020 Selection Process
The selection process and allotment of seats to the candidates will start once the merit list of NATA 2020 Exam is out. Only the candidates who qualify the NATA Exam will be called for the counseling process.
NATA 2020 Counseling
The counseling procedure of NATA 2020 will commence after the declaration of NATA 2020 result. Candidates will have to submit original certificates/documents at the time of NATA 2020 Counselling.
While going for counseling, you have to be ready with NATA Admit Card, Score Card, Class 10 and 12 marks sheets and passing certificate, Category Certificate (if applicable), Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate. In case of any invalid documents, candidates would be disqualified from NATA 2020 Counselling.
Procedure for Counseling is mentioned below:
- Online Registration
- Online Choice filling and Choice locking
- Seat Allocation and Document Verification
- Reporting to the allotted institute
Courses Offered through NATA
NATA is an Eligibility Test specifically for candidates who wish to take up B. Arch. NATA Scores will be accepted by all top Architecture Colleges in India.
If the candidates have any queries related to NATA 2020 Exam they can contact the official conducting Authority:
Address: India Habitat Centre, Core 6A, 1st Floor, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 India
Email: [email protected]