NATA 2022 Phase 2 registration will end on Jun 24, 2022. The application correction window will also be closed on the same date. Candidates can fill out the application form, upload the required documents, pay the application fee, and take printout of the application form till the last date. Phase 2 exam will be conducted on Jul 7, 2022, and the admit cards will be available on the official website from Jul 4, 2022.
NATA 2022 Phases 3 exam will be held on Aug 7, 2022, and the last date to submit Phases 3 application form is Jul 24, 2022. Candidates will be issued the admit cards for the Phase 3 exam from Aug 4, 2022.
NATA is an eligibility test for getting admission into Architecture programs like B.Arch in the government and private colleges in the country. The Council of Architecture conducts the exam in three phases. Before 2021, NATA was conducted only in two phases. Go through the article below for more information about the exam and stay updated with the latest news.
Latest Updates on NATA 2022
- Jun 24, 2022: NATA 2022 answer key for phase 1 was released on Jun 20, 2022 on the official website. Read More
- Jun 24, 2022: NATA 2022 Phase II application window will end on Jun 24, 2022 along with the application process. Read More
- Jun 24, 2022: NATA 2022 Phase II application process will end on Jun 24, 2022. Candidates can find the application form on the official website. Read More
- Jun 20, 2022: NATA 2022 Phase I result has been released on Jun 20, 2022, on the official website. Read More
Table of Contents
- NATA 2022 Application Form
- About NATA Exam
- NATA 2022 Exam Date
- NATA 2022 Eligibility
- NATA 2022 Admit Card
- NATA 2022 Exam Centres
- NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
- NATA 2022 Syllabus
- NATA 2022 Reference Books
- NATA 2022 Paper Analysis
- NATA 2022 Results
- NATA 2022 Cut Off
- NATA 2022 Counselling
- NATA 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
- NATA 2022 Contact Details
NATA 2022 Answer Key
NATA 2022 answer key and the response sheets for the exam was released on Jun 20, 2022 on the official NATA website. Answer keys will help the candidates to assess their marks before the release of the results and anticipate where they stand in the qualifying list.
Steps to Download NATA Answer Key 2022 PDF
Candidates can avail the full set of answer keys for all the sections of NATA exam on the dates mentioned above in the form of PDFs. The candidates can follow the steps given below to download NATA answer key 2022 from the official website.
- Step 1: Visit NATA official website.
- Step 2: Click on NATA registration link mentioned on the sidebar.
- Step 3: Enter the credentials to log in.
- Step 4: Click on the link to 'NATA Answer Key 2022' option.
- Step 5: NATA official answer key 2022 shall appear on the screen.
- Step 6: Download the same to calculate and predict the scores.
Read More: NATA 2022 Answer Key
NATA 2022 Application Form
The last date to submit NATA 2022 application form, and to make corrections to the already submitted forms for Phase 2 exam is Jun 24, 2022. The application correction window is open from Jun 22, 2022. Candidates who have already registered for NATA 2022 exam and want to change their NATA 2022 application can go to the official website and make corrections through this facility.
Candidates must register, fill out the application form, upload the required documents, pay the application fee, and take prinout of the completed application form before the last date. The application process for NATA 2022 Phase 3 exam will end on Jul 24, 2022.
NATA 2022 application form was released on Apr 8, 2022, by the Council of Architecture (COA). Candidates who are unable to apply for the Phase 1 exam can apply for the exam in the next phase.
Although NATA 2022 application form release date is the same for all three phases, the last date for each phase of NATA 2022 registration varies. Candidates satisfying eligibility criteria can apply for NATA 2022.
General/ OBC- INR 2000; SC/ ST/ PwD (Physically Handicapped) - INR 1500 (Applying Once)
|Payment Mode||Debit/ Credit Cards and Net banking|
Steps to Apply for NATA 2022 Exam
Candidates can follow the steps given below to register for NATA 2022.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Register by clicking on the 'Register' option.
- Step 3: After clicking the register option, fill in details like name, date of birth, e-mail ID, phone number, etc. Create a strong password.
- Step 4: After entering the required details, click on the 'Sign up button. After which a username and password will be sent to the registered mobile number and email ID.
- Step 5: Now, enter the credentials received in the email and mobile number.
- Step 6: Afterwards, fill out the form with the educational and other details.
- Step 7: Upload a recent photograph and signature in the required format.
- Step 8: Pay the application fee of INR 1800/- (General candidates ) and (INR 1500/- for reserved categories) for applying for one and the candidates applying for both NATA exams must pay INR 3500/- (General Candidates) and INR 2800/- (for reserved candidates) respectively.
- Step 9: Print the application form and fee receipt for future purposes.
Documents Required for NATA Registration 2022
The following documents are required when a candidate is filling up NATA 2022 application form.
- Mark Sheet of Class 10
- Photo ID Proof
- Image file of a Recent Photograph, Signature, and Left Thumb Impression.
- Debit/ Credit/ Net banking for Fee Payment.
Image Specifications for Passport Photograph and Signature
The applicants must upload the following to complete the application process.
- Recent Passport size Photograph in Colour
The documents must be in jpg/ jpeg format. Following are the details concerning the size and dimension of the documents.
|Photograph||4 KB||100 KB||4.5 cm||3.5 cm|
|Signature||1 KB||30 KB||1.5 cm||3.5 cm|
Important Points to Keep in Mind While Applying for NATA 2022 Exam
The applicants must keep the following points in mind at the time of application.
- Read the instructions carefully before starting the application.
- All the details asked in the application should be filled in carefully. If any inconsistency is found later, the candidature may be cancelled.
- Scanned documents which must be uploaded in the application must follow the mentioned dimensions.
- The exam centre must be selected cautiously as no change in the exam centre is allowed later.
- Only a valid mobile number and email ID should be provided since the candidate will be contacted on the details given throughout the procedure.
- No instrument is allowed in the exam hall.
Read More: NATA 2022 Application Form
About NATA Exam
NATA stands for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture. NATA is considered one of the most competitive exams for India's Architecture among DASA, JEE Mains AAT, etc. It is organized by the Council of Architecture (CoA) for Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch), a 5-year program.
The Government of India established the Council of Architecture (CoA) under the Architects Act's provisions in 1972. This was enacted by the Parliament of India and commenced on Sep 1, 1972. The Act provides registration of Architects, standards of education, professional conduct standards, and recognized qualifications and etiquette for the architects.
NATA is a national-level aptitude test organized in all major cities across India. It is held in different phases from the academic year 2021-2022.
It is conducted online, i.e., computer-based tests (CBT), and offline, i.e., pen & paper-based tests (PBT). This test assesses the drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, and critical thinking ability of the candidate pursuing Architecture. The exam is conducted at designated centers which are discussed below.
NATA is an eligibility test specifically for candidates who wish to pursue B.Arch. All top Architecture colleges in India accept the examination scores. The table below shows the important highlights regarding NATA 2022 exam.
|Full Form||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Exam Mode||Online/ Pen-Paper Based|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Helpdesk||+91 9560707764, +91 9319275557|
NATA 2022 Exam Dates
CoA has released the brochure for NATA 2022 on the official website which includes detailed information regarding NATA exam dates. NATA 2022 exam is conducted in three phases. First, NATA 2022 exam will be conducted online, and candidates will be given the option to take the exam from their homes. If they do not have the necessary facilities like the internet, laptop, or webcam, they are given an option to appear for the exam at the exam centres.
Candidates can check the following table for the important dates for NATA exam 2022.
|Events||Phase 1 Dates||Phase 2 Dates||Phase 3 Dates|
|Application Form Start Date||Apr 8, 2022||Apr 8, 2022||Apr 8, 2022|
|Application Form Last Date||May 28, 2022 (Extended)||Jun 24, 2022||Jul 24, 2022|
|Application Correction Window||
May 19 - 23, 2022
|Jun 22 - 24, 2022||Jul 22 - 24, 2022|
|Admit Card Date||Jun 7, 2022||Jul 4, 2022||Aug 4, 2022|
|NATA Exam Date 2022||Jun 12, 2022||Jul 7, 2022||Aug 7, 2022|
|Result Date||Jun 20, 2022||Jul 15, 2022||Aug 16, 2022|
Read More: NATA 2022 Exam Dates
NATA 2022 Eligibility
Aspirants taking the exam must first meet NATA 2022 eligibility criteria, which the Council of Architecture defines. Candidates who do not satisfy NATA 2022 eligibility criteria cannot apply for the exam.
Based on age, educational qualification, and nationality, the aspirant's eligibility is decided. Candidates must have completed the 10+2 or 10+3 diploma with Mathematics as a compulsory subject. Candidates from the Arts stream can also apply for NATA 2022 exam as long as they have qualified Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects at the CBSE level.
Refer to the table below for the detailed NATA 2022 eligibility criteria.
|Age||There is no age limit for NATA 2022.|
|Education Qualification||A candidate who completed 10+2 or equivalent from the Central or State Board of Examination.
A candidate who graduated with a 10+3 diploma from an affiliated university.
A candidate with an international baccalaureate diploma after 10 years of schooling is also eligible to apply for NATA 2022.
|Lateral Entry||There are no lateral admissions in any stage/ year for the B.Arch course.|
|Minimum Marks||Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks and should have taken Mathematics as one of the main subjects.|
Read More: NATA Eligibility 2022
NATA 2022 Admit Card
NATA 2022 Phase 1 admit card was released on Jun 7, 2022, on the official website. Candidates must log in and download their admit card from the official website. NATA 2022 admit card has important rules and guidelines that the candidates must strictly follow.
Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam centre along with one of the photo IDs like Voter ID/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ e-Aadhar.
Details Mentioned on NATA 2022 Admit Card
NATA 2022 exam admit card has the following details. The candidate must check all the details on NATA 2022 admit card. If any inconsistency is found, then they must contact the authorities and get it fixed prior to the exam.
- Name of the Candidate
- Mother's Name
- Father's Name
- Application Number
- Admit Card number
- Date of Birth
- Exam Centre Address
- Exam Centre Code
- Photo and Signature of the Candidate
- PwD Status
- Exam Day Instructions
Note: If there is any discrepancy, it must be brought to the notice of exam authorities immediately.
Steps to Download NATA 2022 Admit Card
To download the admit card, the students must follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NATA 2022 and click on the 'NATA 2022 Registration' link.
- Step 2: Enter NATA 2022 sequence number, password (date of birth) and credentials to log in.
- Step 3: Click on the 'NATA admit card' tab on the page.
- Step 4: The admit card will appear on the screen, which the candidates can download and take a printout of the same for future references.
Read More: NATA 2022 Admit Card
NATA 2022 Exam Centres
NATA 2022 will be conducted in 136 centres, out of which 135 centres are in India and one exam centre is in Dubai. The exam centre is allocated based on the preference of the candidates. Candidates are advised to reach the allotted exam centre on or before the reporting time (printed on admit card). Late entry into examination premises is not allowed.
Note: A candidate cannot place a request for a change of exam centre as it is not entertained by the conducting authority under any circumstances.
Documents Required on NATA Exam Day
On the day of the exam, candidates are not allowed to enter the exam hall without certain documents. Following are the documents candidates must carry to the exam hall.
- Admit Card
- Photo ID Proof - Voter Card, Adhar Card, PAN Card
- Passport size Photograph.
Along with these documents, candidates should not carry any instruments or stationery materials to the exam. Candidates are allowed to carry a clipboard with nothing on it. These instructions must be kept in mind while going for NATA 2022 exam.
Read More: NATA 2022 Exam Centres
NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NATA 2022 is decided by CoA. All the questions and instructions are given in the English language only. For each correct answer, 2 marks are awarded. There is no negative marking in the exam.
Highlights of NATA 2022 exam pattern are as follows.
Mode of Examination
Medium of Examination
Duration of the Exam
Number of Sections
The exam will have only one part- Aptitude Test
Number of Questions
Type of Questions
Multiple-Choice type (MCQ), Multiple Select type (MSQ), Preferential Choice type (PCQ) and Numerical Answer type (NAQ)
The questions will carry either 1 mark, 2 marks, or 3 marks.
Read More: NATA 2022 Exam Pattern
NATA 2022 Syllabus
Candidates are supposed to prepare according to the syllabus prescribed by the Council of Architecture (CoA) for NATA. Candidates must go through the syllabus to prepare for the exam. Having a clear understanding of NATA 2022 syllabus is essential for students appearing for the exam as it helps them build their preparation strategy. The candidates must gather all the study materials according to the syllabus as well.
NATA 2022 syllabus consists of Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing tests. The subtopics of the syllabus consist of subjects like General Aptitude and Drawing test which carry the marks mentioned above. There are various topics under each subject. Candidates must focus on the syllabus to score well in one of the examination phases.
The following are some of the important topics covered in NATA 2022 syllabus.
Atoms and Nuclei
Basic Concepts in Chemistry
Sets and Relations
Read More: NATA 2022 Syllabus
NATA 2022 Reference Books
Having a good score is important to get admission to reputed NATA colleges. In order to score well in NATA 2022 exam, candidates must make use of good practice books, study material, mock tests, etc. Even though there is an abundance of preparation material available, it is vital to choose only the best study material as these books help students accelerate their NATA preparations.
Candidates can check the list of important books aspirants must-have.
Drawing and General Aptitude
|Engineering Drawing||N.D. Bhatt|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S. Agarwal|
|Elementary Mathematics||DoroFeev Potapov|
|Higher Algebra||Hall and Knight|
|B.Arch Exam Guide||P. K. Mishra|
|Problems in Calculus of One Variable||Maron|
|Mathematics XI and XII||R. S. Agarwal|
Read More: NATA 2022 Reference Books
How to Prepare for NATA 2022?
Preparation tips for the aspirants of the exam are given below. Candidates must understand the importance of the study materials required to prepare for the exam. According to the required syllabus, the candidates must gather all the study materials such as reference books, previous year question papers, study notes, etc.
Plan it Before: Plan your study time effectively and efficiently. Allow sufficient time for all subjects. Prepare a timetable for your everyday tasks.
Get an Idea: Next, check NATA's previous year's question papers and get an idea about the exam pattern and types of questions asked in NATA.
Divide your Time: Candidates should make a proper timetable by dividing time, and allotting more time for essential sections in this exam.
Quality Study Material: A lot of study materials are available online and offline. Candidates should check out the reference books to learn the exam topics. Apart from a reference book, the most useful material to study is NATA question papers.
Revise it Over: For a better result, a candidate must do a proper revision after completing each topic.
Attempt Mock Tests: Practice with mock test/ sample test papers and learn from your mistakes by assessing them without anyone's help. Meet people preparing for NATA or your friends to discuss various topics to exchange information and vice versa.
Read More: NATA 2022 Mock Test
NATA 2022 Paper Analysis
NATA Phase 1 exam was conducted on Jun 12, 2022 at the designated exam centres. The exam lasted three hours and included 125 questions worth a total of 200 marks. The complete exam analysis of NATA 2022 is provided to aid candidates in getting a better understanding of the paper analysis. Candidates are advised to go through the paper analysis thoroughly.
Read More: NATA 2022 Paper Analysis
NATA 2022 Results
NATA 2022 phase I exam was conducted on Jun 12, 2022, and the results for phase 1 has been released on Jun 20, 2022, on the official website by the conducting authority. The applicants can access their results using their registered details and exam/ test roll numbers. NATA 2022 results are declared in the form of a scorecard. NATA 2022 scorecard contains details such as whether the student failed or passed, the section-wise marks obtained and marks obtained out of 200. This score is valid only for admission in the academic session 2022-23.
Apart from those details, the result card also contains the application number, roll number, name, gender, category, and date of birth of the candidate
NATA 2022 Qualifying Marks
Qualifying marks are decided based on the following rules.
- At least 25% of marks must be scored in MCQ-type questions (30 out of 120).
- At least 25% marks must be secured in Drawing questions (20 out of 80).
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) is based on post-exam statistics & at the discretion of the council.
Steps to Download NATA 2022 Result
Candidates must follow the steps given below to download NATA results from the official website.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click to generate the scorecard.
- Step 3: Read the instructions given and enter the required details.
- Step 4: Click on the 'Download' option to download the result.
- Step 5: Download the original mark sheet from the official website of NATA 2022.
Read More: NATA 2022 Results
NATA 2022 Cut Off
The cut off is released on the official website after the results are declared.
NATA cut off determining factors are as follows.
- The total number of candidates taking up NATA.
- Level of difficulty of the exam.
- The total number of seats available.
The minimum qualifying cut off of NATA for 2019 is mentioned below. A candidate must qualify the exam separately for individual sections.
|Sections||Qualifying Percentage||Total Marks|
|Mathematics Section||At least 25% (Total 30 Marks)||120|
|Drawing Section||At least 25% (Total 20 Marks)||80|
Read More: NATA 2022 Cut Off
NATA 2022 Counselling
The selection process and allotment of seats to the candidates start after the merit list of the exam is out. Only the candidates who qualify for the exam are called for the counselling process.
NATA 2022 Selection Process
The counselling procedure of NATA 2022 commences after the declaration of the result. Candidates must submit original certificates/ documents at the time of NATA 2022 counselling.
For the session, the applicants must be ready with NATA admit card, score card, class 10 and 12 marks sheets and passing certificate, category certificate (if applicable), and medical certificate for PwD certificate. In case of any invalid documents, candidates are disqualified.
The procedure for counselling is mentioned below.
- Online Registration
- Online Choice Filling and Choice locking
- Seat Allocation and Document Verification
- Reporting to the Allotted Institute.
Read More: NATA 2022 Counselling
NATA 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
The candidates must follow certain exam day guidelines that must be followed by the candidates appearing for NATA 2022 Phase 1 exam, which was conducted on Jun 12, 2022. These guidelines are mentioned on the admit cards, which the candidates must carry to the exam centre. Following are the important details and NATA 2022 exam day guidelines.
- NATA 2022 Phase 1 exam will be conducted online as a computer-based test.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall after 10:00 AM. Hence, they must reach the exam venue at least 60 minutes before the exam time to complete the pre-exam verification process.
- Candidates must only carry a pen for the exam. Electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, calculators, Bluetooth devices, smart watches, palm tops, or other devices will not be allowed in the exam hall.
- Candidates must have their NATA 2022 admit cards and valid photo ID cards with their date of birth and photograph. They can carry photo IDs such as Voter's ID, Passport, PAN Card, and Driving License.
- The exam conducting body will distribute rough papers for calculations in the exam hall. Candidates cannot carry their rough papers for the exam. No other resources will be available from the conducting body in the exam hall.
- Any fraudulent behaviour from the candidates will not be entertained in the exam hall. If any of the candidates create a nuisance, appearing for the exam in place of another candidate, talking, causing damage to the exam properties.
Dress Code for NATA 2022 Candidates
Candidates appearing for NATA 2022 exam must follow the below dress code at the examination hall.
- The clothes must be comfortable and not fancy to avoid disturbances.
- No ornaments, jewellery or accessories such as bracelets, rings or goggles are allowed in the exam hall.
- The clothes must not have any metallic items on them.
- No sorts of caps or cloth on the head are allowed.
NATA 2022 Contact Details
If the candidates have any queries related to the exam they can contact the official conducting authority.
India Habitat Centre,
Core 6A, 1st Floor, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi-110003 India.
Mobile Number: +91-9073301301
Email: [email protected]
What is NATA?
NATA stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture and is conducted by CoA. It is a single entrance exam for admission to the architecture course.
How is NATA rank allotted?
Rank for this exam is allotted based on the 12th Board and score obtained by a candidate in the exam. Based on which candidates will be given admission in B.Arch programs at various colleges.
What can be considered as a good score for the NATA Exam?
The definition of a good score in NATA Exam can change every year according to the NATA Cut Off for that year. But generally, score anywhere between 120 to 140 can get you into good colleges if it is paired with a good score in class 12. So a candidate scoring around 130 and having 90% in the boards can definitely get into a top college. If the board score is not very good then candidates should score above 140+ to get admission in top colleges.
What is the age limit for this exam?
There is no age limit to apply for this exam.
What is the validity of the NATA score?
It is valid only for one year after the date of the NATA Exam. If a candidate wants to apply to colleges after one year then he/she will have to appear for the NATA Exam again.
Is there a lateral entry for the B.Arch course?
No, there is no lateral entry.
Are NATA scores mandatory to get into Architecture (B.Arch)?
Yes, the NATA score is mandatory to seek admission for Architecture (B.Arch).
What kind of drawing instruments are allowed in NATA 2022?
No instruments are allowed as the illustration should be freehand drawing.
Is mathematics subject compulsory to appear for NATA 2022?
Yes, mathematics is a compulsory subject for NATA Exam. Students can check the NATA Syllabus which is given above.
Is there any fee concession for Reserved category students in NATA 2022?
Yes, candidates belonging to a reserved category should pay INR 1500 as an application fee.
Can the NATA Exam be rescheduled?
No, the NATA Exam cannot be rescheduled under any circumstance. The right to reschedule the dates remains solely to the conducting authority.
How should I prepare for NATA Exam?
When preparing for the NATA Exam, practice is key. Candidates can refer to the different study material available like practice books, study guides as well as NATA Exam previous year question paper. Before starting preparation for the NATA Exam, candidates should understand the NATA Syllabus and the NATA Exam Pattern and then come up with a plan of action. Candidates should start practicing well before the NATA Exam so that they get enough time to complete the NATA syllabus and revise all the material.
What is the NATA Cut Off?
The NATA Cut Off is the minimum marks a student must score in order to qualify NATA Exam. The NATA Cut Off Marks are calculated by the Council of Architecture, New Delhi [COA]. The COA authorities will release the NATA Cut Off along with the NATA Result for that year. The NATA Cut Off changes every as it is dependent on some factors. These factors can be number of candidates that appeared for the NATA Exam, the difficulty level of the NATA Exam, and a few other factors. NATA Cut Off for each college/university will be different.
Can I carry a photocopy of the ID card to the exam hall?
No, the original hard copy of the ID card is mandatory.