Looking forward to doing an Architecture course? NATA is an Eligibility Test for Admission into Architecture. To get into renowned Institutions like IIT, NIT, Sir J. J. College of Architecture, Mumbai, one must qualify the NATA Exam.
Latest News on NATA 2020
- September 18, 2020: The results for NATA 2020 Second Test is out now. Candidates are required to log in to the portal to check the scorecards. Check the NATA 2020 Results section for the direct link.
- September 17, 2020: The NATA 2020 Second Test results will be announced on September 18, 2020.
- September 10, 2020: The admit card for the NATA 2020 Second Test is live now. Candidates will need to log in using their username and password to download the admit card.
- What is NATA?
- NATA 2020 Exam Date
- NATA 2020 Eligibility
- NATA 2020 Syllabus
- NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for NATA?
- NATA 2020 Reference Books
- NATA 2020 Application Process
- NATA 2020 Application Form
- NATA 2020 Admit Card
- NATA 2020 Exam Centres
- NATA 2020 Results
- NATA 2020 Cut off
- Selection Process
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is NATA?
The full form of NATA is the National Aptitude Test in Architecture. NATA is considered to be one of the most competitive exams for architecture in India amongst DASA, JEE Mains AAT, etc.. few to be named. It is a national level undergraduate entrance exam for Architecture organized by Council of Architecture (CoA) for Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) which is a 5-year program.
Council of Architecture (CoA) was established by the Government of India under the provisions of the Architects Act, 1972. This was enacted by the Parliament of India and commenced on 1st September 1972. The Act provides registration of Architects, standards of education, standards of professional conduct and recognized qualifications and etiquette for the architects.
- NATA is a national level aptitude test organized in all major cities across India. It will be held twice from the academic year 2019-20. The first phase will be organized in April and second in July.
- It is both online i.e. Computer-based Tests (CBT) and offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT).
- This test assesses drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity and critical thinking ability of the candidate pursuing Architecture.
- There is no age limit for NATA. Candidate should have completed their SSLC and 12th with an aggregate of minimum 50% and one who has completed their diploma should have secured a minimum of 50% to be eligible for this exam.
- NATA can be given at any designated test centres. It is one of the popular exams to avail admission at architecture colleges. Candidates seeking admission into B.Arch programs across India have to appear for the NATA Exam which is an entrance test for architecture programs in India. The candidate will be given admission to the 5-year B.Arch program on the basis of his/her 12th standard/HSC score along with his/her score obtained in the NATA Exam. The NATA Examis to conducted twice this year. The dates will be announced soon. The test will be held in the month of August tentatively. Candidates who want to find out more information regarding the NATA Exam can read below.
The table down below shows some important highlights regarding the NATA 2020 Exam.
|Exam Name||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online/Pen Paper Based|
|Score Validity||One year only|
NATA 2020 Exam Date
The NATA 2020 Exam will be conducted in two phases. The official notification for the NATA 2020 Exam has released in February and the NATA 2020 Applications started from the February 1, 2020. The last date of the NATA 2020 Application was August 16, 2020. The last date for uploading the images was May 8, 2020.
The NATA 2020 Exam Phase-I was supposed to be held in May, 2020 but due to the COVID-19, the exam dates were postponed. Now the Council of Architecture who is the conducting body of this exam has announced a new date for the phase-I of the exam. The phase-I of the NATA 2020 Exam will now be conducted on the August 29, 2020. The Council of Architecture will announce the dates for the phase-II of exam and other dates like NATA 2020 Admit Card dates, NATA 2020 Result dates, etc very soon. Candidates can check the official website of the NATA 2020 Exam for new updates.
The NATA 2020 Exam will be conducted online and candidates will be given the option to take the exam from their homes. In case they do not have the necessary equipment like the internet, laptop, or webcam they will be given an option to appear for the exam from the Exam centres.
Candidates can take a look at the following table for the important dates for the NATA 2020 Exam.
|Events||Schedule-I Dates||Schedule-II Dates|
|Application Form Start date||February 1, 2020||February 1, 2020|
|NATA 2020 Application Form Ends date||August 16, 2020||September 6, 2020 (Extended)|
|Image Uploads Last Date||March 27, 2020||September 6, 2020 (Extended)|
|NATA 2020 Admit Card date||August 25, 2020||September 10, 2020|
|NATA 2020 Exam date||August 29, 2020 (New date)||September 12, 2020 (New Date)|
|Result||September 4, 2020||September 18, 2020|
NATA 2020 Eligibility
BArch aspirants who will be taking the NATA 2020 Exam will have to first ensure if they fulfil the NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria which is defined by the Council of Architecture. Candidates who do not satisfy the NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria cannot appear for the NATA 2020 Exam.
The NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria is based on age, educational qualification, nationality. Candidate must have completed the 10+2 or the 10+3 with Mathematics as a compulsory subject. Candidates coming from the Arts stream can also apply for the NATA 2020 Exam as long as they have qualified Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects in the CBSE level.
Please refer to the table below for the detailed NATA 2020 Eligibility Criteria.
|Age||There is no age limit for NATA 2020|
A candidate who completed 10+2 or equivalent from Central or State Board of Examination.
A candidate who graduated in 10+3 Diploma from any affiliated university.
Candidate with an International Baccalaureate Diploma after 10 years of Schooling is also eligible to apply for NATA 2020.
|Lateral Entry||There are no lateral admissions in any stage/year for the B.Arch course.|
|Minimum Marks||Candidates should have a minimum of 50% marks and should have taken mathematics as one of the main subjects.|
NATA 2020 Syllabus
Candidates are supposed to prepare according to the syllabus prescribed by the Council of Architecture (COA) for NATA. Candidates are supposed to through the NATA 2020 Syllabus to prepare themselves for the NATA 2020 Exam. Having a clear understanding of the NATA 2020 Syllabus is essential for students appearing for the NATA 2020 Exam as it will help them build their preparation strategy.
NATA 2020 Syllabus consists of Mathematics, General Aptitude, Drawing Test. NATA syllabus consists of subjects like General Aptitude and Drawing test which carry 80 marks each and Mathematics is given for 40 marks. There are various topics under each subject. Candidate should focus on the syllabus to score well in NATA 2020 examination.
The following are some of the important topics covered in the NATA 2020 Syllabus.
Part A, Drawing:
- Perspective Drawing
- Colour Harmony
- 2D Transformation
- 3D Transformation
- Scale and Proportion
- Geometric Composition
- Day to day Object Drawing
Part B, Physics:
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electronic Devices
Part B, Mathematics:
- Theory of Calculus
- Application of Calculus
- 3D Coordinate Geometry
- Permutations and Combinations
- Log Theory
Part B, Chemistry:
- Basic Concepts in Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- p-block Elements
- s-block Elements
- States of Matter
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Gases and Liquid
- Redox Reaction
- Organic Chemistry
Part B, General Aptitude:
- Sets and Relations
- Mathematical Reasoning
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern
NATA 2020 Exam Pattern is decided by COA, and the exam will be conducted in August, 2020. All the questions and instructions will be given in English language only. For each correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded. There is no negative marking in the NATA Exam.
Highlights of NATA 2020 Exam Pattern are as follows:
|Part 1 Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude (MCQ)||40||80|
|Part 2 - Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Drawings in A4 size paper||2||80|
How to prepare for NATA?
The NATA 2020 Preparation tips for the aspirants of the NATA exam are given below. It is important for candidates to understand the importance of the study materials required to prepare for the exam. The candidates must gather all the study materials such as reference books, previous year question papers, study notes, etc according to the required syllabus.
Plan it before: Plan your study time effectively and efficiently. Allow sufficient time for all subjects. Prepare a timetable for your everyday tasks.
Get an idea: Next, check NATA previous years question papers and get an idea about the exam pattern and types of questions asked in NATA.
Keep a record: Keep a record of everyday work, and make sure that today’s work done is better than yesterday's work done.
Divide your time: Candidates should make a proper timetable by dividing time, allotting more time for important sections in this exam.
Quality Study Material: A lot of study materials are available online as well as offline. Candidates should check out the reference books to get knowledge about the exam topics. Apart from a reference book, the most effective material to study is NATA question papers.
Prioritize your work: Firstly, work on topics that you feel tougher and give more focus to those topics, and don't neglect any of the topics.
Revise a lot: For a better result, a candidate must do a proper revision after completing each topic.
Give mock tests: Practice with NATA Mock test/ Sample Test Papers and learn from your mistakes by assessing it without anyone's help.
Group Discussions: Meet people preparing for NATA or your friends to discuss various topics to exchange information and vice versa.
NATA 2020 Reference Books
NATA is an entrance test for B.Arch courses in India. The test is made up of different sections like Drawing, General Aptitude as well as Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates should start preparation for the NATA 2020 Exam in advance. Having a good score in NATA is important to get admission in reputed Architecture Colleges. In order to score well in NATA 2020 Exam, candidates must make use of good practice books, study material, mock tests etc. Even though there is an abundance of preparation material available, it becomes vital to choose only the best study material as these books will help students accelerate their NATA preparations. Candidates can read below for a list of important books NATA aspirant should have.
Drawing and General Aptitude
- Engineering Drawing - N.D. Bhatt
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning - R. S. Agarwal
- Elementary Mathematics - DoroFeev Potapov
- Higher Algebra - Hall and Knight
- B.Arch Exam Guide - P. K. Mishra
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable - Maron
- Mathematics XI and XII - R. S. Agarwal
NATA 2020 Application Process
The application for the NATA 2020 Exam can be done online. Candidates will have to fill in details, upload images and pay the application fee in order to apply to the exam. Candidates will have to follow these steps to register for NATA 2020:
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Candidates need to register themselves by clicking on the "Register" option.
- Step 3: After clicking the register option, you will have to fill details like Name, Date of Birth, E-mail ID, Phone Number, etc. Make sure that you have created a strong password. After entering the required details, click on the "Sign up" button. After that, you will be getting a username and password on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Step 4: Now, you have to enter the credentials you received in your email and mobile number.
- Step 5: Afterwards you need to fill the form with your educational and other details.
- Step 6: Upload a recent photograph and signature in the required format.
- Step 7: Pay the application fee of INR 1800/- (General candidates ) and (INR 1500/- for reserved categories) for applying one and the candidates applying for both NATA exams have to INR 3500/- (General Candidates) and INR 2800/- (for reserved candidates) respectively.
- Step 8: Print the application form and fee receipt for future purposes.
Documents to be uploaded for NATA 2020 registration
- Recent Passport size Photograph in Colour
- Your Signature
Note: Documents have to be in jpg/jpeg format.
Following are the details concerning the size and dimension of the documents:
|Documents||Storage Size||Image Dimension|
NATA 2020 Application Form
To take up the NATA 2020 Exam, candidates will have to register and submit the NATA 2020 Application Form. The application form was made available on the official website from February 1, 2020. Now the COA authorities have reopened the NATA 2020 Application and now the last date for filling the NATA 2020 Application is August 16, 2020. Candidates who were unable to apply for the NATA 2020 Exam before can now apply for the exam. Candidates wishing to appear for the NATA 2020 Exam have to sign up on the NATA Exam official website by entering his/her required details and then apply for the NATA 2020 Exam. Candidates can follow the steps which were mentioned above. The COA authorities have also opened up a correction window for candidates who have already registered for the NATA 2020 Exam and want to make changes in their NATA 2020 Application. Candidates can go to the official website and make corrections.
Candidates satisfying eligibility criteria can apply for NATA 2020.
|Mode of NATA 2020 Application Form||Online|
General/OBC- INR 1800 SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- INR 1500 (applying once)
General/OBC- INR 3500 SC/ST/PWD (Physically Handicapped)- INR 2800 (applying twice)
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only.|
Documents required to apply for NATA 2020
Following documents are required when a candidate is filling up the NATA 2020 Application Form:
- Mark Sheet of Class 10
- Photo ID Proof
- Image file of a Recent Photograph, Signature, and Left Thumb Impression.
- Debit/Credit/Net banking for fee Payment.
Important points to keep in mind while applying for the NATA 2020 Exam
- Read the instructions carefully before starting the NATA 2020 Application.
- All the details asked in the application should be filled carefully. If any inconsistency is found later, the candidature may be cancelled.
- Scanned documents which need to be uploaded in the application must follow the mentioned dimensions.
- The exam centre must be selected cautiously as no change in exam centre is allowed later.
- Only valid mobile number and email id should be provided since the candidate will be contacted on the details given by him throughout the NATA 2020 procedure.
- No instrument is allowed in the exam hall.
NATA 2020 Admit Card
Admit card will be available online. NATA 2020 Admit Card will be released on the official website in August, 2020. Candidates have to log in and download Admit Card from the official website. The NATA 2020 is an important document without which the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the exam. The NATA 2020 Admit card will contain some important rules and guidelines which the candidates must follow strictly.
Candidates need to carry the admit card to the exam centre along with one of the photo IDs like Voter ID/Pan Card/Aadhar Card/Driving Licence/e-Aadhar. The NATA 2020 Exam will contain the following details of the candidate.
- Name of the candidate
- Mother's name
- Father's name
- Application number
- Admit card number
- Date of birth
- Exam centre address
- Exam centre code
- Photo and signature of the candidate
- PwD status
- Exam day instructions
Candidate should check all the details on the NATA 2020 Admit Card. If any inconsistency is found, then he/she may contact the authorities and get it fixed prior to the exam.
NOTE: If there is any discrepancy, it must be brought to the notice of exam authorities immediately.
How to Download NATA 2020 Admit Card?
To download the admit card follow steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: Click on the "Download NATA 2020 Admit Card" link.
- Step 3: Enter the required login credentials (Application number and Password).
- Step 4: Download and take a print out of it.
NATA 2020 Exam Centres
NATA 2019 was conducted in 136 centers, out of which 135 centers are in India and one exam center is in Dubai. The exam center was allocated based on the preference of the candidates.
Candidates are advised to reach the allotted exam center on or before the reporting time (printed on admit card). A late entry in examination premises will not be allowed.
NOTE: A candidate cannot place a request for change of exam center and it will not be entertained by conducting authority under any circumstances.
Documents required on NATA Exam day
On the day of the exam, candidate will not be allowed to enter the NATA exam hall without certain documents. Following are the documents candidates should carry to Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Photo ID Proof - Voter Card, Adhar Card, PAN Card
- Passport size photograph
Along with these documents candidates should not carry any instruments or stationery material to exam. Candidates are allowed to carry a clip board with nothing on it. These instructions should be kept in mind while going for the NATA 2020 Exam.
NATA 2020 Exam Analysis
The Phase 1 of NATA 2020 concluded on August 29, 2020, while the Phase 2 exam is scheduled for September 12, 2020. The detailed exam analysis of NATA 2020 has been updated here for helping out candidates to understand the paper and prepare better for the NATA 2020 Exam.
The exam analysis is a concise description of the latest paper conducted in NATA 2020 examination. Candidates can easily get an idea about the difficulty level of the exam for this particular paper and the exam pattern, in case there are any last-minute changes made by the conducting authority. The candidates can therefore take these into account while doing their last-minute preparations for the exam.
This year, in lieu of the coronavirus pandemic, candidates were given a choice to appear for the exam from their homes or the exam centres as per their convenience. The details of the exam is given below for your reference:
Shift - 1
Shift - 2
As per the students who appeared in the exam from the comfort of their home, they faced few technical issues, but fortunately, the authorities were quickly able to resolve them. Section-wise analysis as per the students’ first-hand observation is given below:
Mathematics: As expected, the difficulty level was quite easy for this section. There weren’t any questions that could be regarded as totally unexpected and with no negative marking scheme, all candidates found no trouble in attempting the section.
General Aptitude: There were some confusing and twisting statements to test the candidates' aptitude. The 2nd part of the paper was filled with image-based questions which made it a little tricky. Candidates with good analytical skills found it easy or rather interesting.
Drawing: This was probably the more difficult section as there were questions with somewhat confusing figures that increased the level of difficulty.
NATA 2020 Results
The NATA 2020 Phase II results will be announced on September 18, 2020. Results will be declared only on the official website of the conducting authority. NATA 2020 Results for Phase I will be announced on September 4, 2020. Use your registered details and Exam/test Roll number to access NATA 2020 results. The NATA 2020 Results will be declared in the form of a scorecard. This score will be valid only for admission in the academic session 2020-2021.
The candidates have to download the NATA 2020 Scorecard which will contain all the important result details of the candidate such as the total marks obtained, the subject wise marks obtained, and the qualifying status of the candidate. Apart from those details the result for NATA 2020 also contains the application number, roll number, name, gender, category, and date of birth of the candidate
Qualifying marks: Qualifying marks for NATA will be based on the following rules such as:
- At least 25% marks must be scored in MCQ type Questions (30 out of 120).
- At least 25% marks must be secured in Drawing Questions (20 out of 80).
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) will be based on post-exam statistics & at the discretion of Council.
How to download NATA 2020 Result?
Candidates will have to follow these steps to download NATA result from the official website:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NATA 2020.
- Step 2: Click to generate your scorecard.
- Step 3: Read the instructions given and enter the required details.
- Step 4: Click on the "Download" option to download your result.
- Step 5: Candidate can download the original mark sheet from the official website of NATA 2020.
NATA 2020 Cutoff
NATA is an eligibility test for admission to Architecture course. It is conducted by Council of Architecture. NATA 2020 Scores will be considered by various reputed institutions like NIT, IIT, etc.
NATA 2020 Cutoff will be released on the official website after results are declared.
NATA Cutoff Determining Factors are as follows:
- The total number of candidates taking up NATA.
- Level of difficulty of the exam.
- The total number of seats available.
The minimum qualifying Cutoff of NATA for 2019 is mentioned below in the tabular form. A candidate needs to qualify the exam separately for individual sections.
|Sections||Qualifying Percentage||Total Marks|
|Mathematics section||At least 25% (total 30 marks)||120|
|Drawing section||At least 25% (total 20 marks)||80|
NATA 2020 Selection Process
The selection process and allotment of seats to the candidates will start once the merit list of NATA 2020 Exam is out. Only the candidates who qualify the NATA Exam will be called for the counseling process.
NATA 2020 Counseling
The counseling procedure of NATA 2020 will commence after the declaration of NATA 2020 result. Candidates will have to submit original certificates/documents at the time of NATA 2020 Counselling.
While going for counseling, you have to be ready with NATA Admit Card, Score Card, Class 10 and 12 marks sheets and passing certificate, Category Certificate (if applicable), Medical Certificate for PwD Certificate. In case of any invalid documents, candidates would be disqualified from NATA 2020 Counselling.
Procedure for Counseling is mentioned below:
- Online Registration
- Online Choice filling and Choice locking
- Seat Allocation and Document Verification
- Reporting to the allotted institute
Courses Offered through NATA
NATA is an Eligibility Test specifically for candidates who wish to take up B. Arch. NATA Scores will be accepted by all top Architecture Colleges in India.
If the candidates have any queries related to NATA 2020 Exam they can contact the official conducting Authority:
Address: India Habitat Centre, Core 6A, 1st Floor, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003 India
Email: [email protected]