Delhi University will open the online mode of registration window for the DU LLB 2021 entrance exam. DU LLB 2021 entrance test is postponed due to Covid 19. The last date for applications will be announced by the exam conducting authorities. This year National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the law entrance test on a date released as part of the official notification. Like the undergraduate programs, the University has also hiked the application fees for the DU LLB entrance exam.
- What is DU LLB Entrance Exam 2021
- DU LLB 2021 Exam Date
- DU LLB 2021 Eligibility
- DU LLB 2021 Syllabus
- DU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern
- DU LLB 2021 Application Form
- DU LLB 2021 Admit Card
- DU LLB 2021 Exam Centres
- DU LLB 2021 Result
- DU LLB 2021 Answer Key
- DU LLB 2021 Cut off
- DU LLB 2021 Admission
- Courses Offered
- Preparation tips
- Contact Details
What is DU LLB Entrance Exam 2021?
Delhi University conducts DU LLB Entrance Exam to select the candidates for admission in LLB programs. As many as 2922 seats get filled through this exam. To shortlist the candidate for admission in the law program offered by the University, candidates need to appear for the DU entrance exam. These three colleges (Campus Law Centre, Law Centre-I, and Law Centre-II) will accept DU LLB entrance exam scores.
Delhi University / The University of Delhi will conduct the DU LLB 2021 entrance exam. DU LLB is an entrance exam conducted by DU to screen the candidates aspiring to study in one of the 3 Law centres of DU. Candidates who get into one of these three institutes will be imparted quality education in their LLB/LLM courses.
|Exam Name||Delhi University LLB Entrance Exam|
|Acronym||DU LLB Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Central Admission Committee, University of Delhi|
|Exam Type||Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) Entrance|
|Number of Seats Available||2922 (Approximately)|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Questions Type||Objective (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Marks per Question||
+4 marks for every correct answer
-1 mark for every wrong answer
- Exam Conducting Bodies: DU LLB 2021 will be conducted by the Delhi University to select candidates for the upcoming Academic year. This exam is also under NTA's regulations.
- Courses offered: Candidates selected through DU LLB 2021, Delhi University offers various programs like LLB (Bachelor of Legislative Law) and LLM (Master of Law). Candidates who want high-quality education in LLB should aspire to get into one of three institutes participating in the exam.
DU LLB 2021 Exam Date
Delhi University will open the online registration window for the DU LLB 2021 entrance exam. NTA DU LLB 2021 exam dates will be notified on the official web portal. Like undergraduate programs, the University has also hiked the application fees for the DU LLB entrance exam. The test will be held online for two hours across 18 cities in India. The test carries 400 marks. Based on merit and cutoff, candidates will appear for counselling. The counselling process will be followed by admission fee submission and later commencement of the new session.
Application for the DU LLB 2021 exam can be filled starting on a date announced by the exam conducting authorities soon. DU LLB is an offline test. The detailed report of the DU LLB 2021 entrance exam date is as follows.
|DU LLB Events||Dates|
|Issue of Notification||July 2021|
|Commencement of Application Form||July 2021|
|End of Application Form||July 2021|
|Release of Admit card||August 2021|
|DU LLB 2021 Exam Date||August 2021|
|Declaration of Answer Key||September 2021|
|Declaration of Result||September 2021|
|Conduct of Counselling||To be announced|
DU LLB 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Delhi University will announce the DU LLB entrance exam 2021 eligibility criteria along with the exam notification. DU LLB 2021 Eligibility Criteria mentions the minimum academic qualifications and age bar required to appear in DU LLB 2021. Candidates appearing in DU LLB 2021 need to qualify for their graduation degree with at least 50% marks. Candidates of the SC/ST category need to score 40% marks in their qualifying degree, and OBC, PWD, and CW need 45% in the qualifying degree. A candidate who holds a postgraduate degree or is appearing in the final year postgraduate degree examination can also apply for DU LLB 2021. There is no age bar for the DU LLB 2021 entrance exam.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have completed their Graduation/Postgraduation Degree from any affiliated University or in the Final Year of Graduation are considered eligible for the DU LLB 2021 entrance exam.
- Percentage Criteria: Candidates need to have a minimum of 50% (for General Category), 45% (for PwD, OBC Category), and 40% (for SC/ST Category can apply for the examination.
- Candidates whose results of qualifying exams have not been announced yet can also appear for DU LLB. But their marks should lie in the eligibility criteria once the result gets declared.
- Do not round off your marks/percentage while filling the DU LLB form. This can cause cancellation of your form in the worse case.
- Candidates already enrolled in an LLB course have to void their admission to appear for DU LLB.
DU LLB 2021 Syllabus
DU LLB Entrance Exam syllabus 2021 highlights the topics under each section- English Language & Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness & Aptitude, and General Knowledge that candidates need to prepare for the exam. Out of all these sections, the General knowledge section and the Legal Aptitude section have more weightage in the DU LLB 2021 exam. By going through the DU LLB 2021 Syllabus, candidates can prepare their study routine.
There are four sections in the examination:
- English Language Comprehension
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Analytical Abilities
- Legal Awareness and Aptitude
English Language Comprehension Syllabus
Noun, Pronoun, Subject-Verb Agreement, Reading Comprehension, Adverb
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Indian Economy
- Indian History
- Indian Tax Structure
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs
- General Studies
- Word Meanings
Analytical Abilities Syllabus
- Cause and Effect
- Statement and Assumptions
- Puzzles, Statement, and Conclusion
- Basic Arithmetic
- Data Interpretation
- Number System
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
Legal Awareness and Aptitude
- Supreme Court Judgement
- Legal Fundamentals
- Legal Terms
- Important Landmarks
- Legal Maxims
To prepare for the LLB exam, the candidate needs to focus on various topics such as Jurisprudence, Criminal Law, Law of Contracts (General Principles), Constitutional Law of India, Public International Law, Law of Torts, and Family Law (Marriage and Divorce).
DU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern
The University of Delhi announces the DU LLB 2021 entrance exam pattern on the official website. With the help of the DU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern, candidates will get an idea of the total marks, important subjects, syllabus, marking scheme, duration of the exam, and distribution of marks in the DU LLB 2021 paper. Candidates will be asked questions from English Language and Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, and Legal Awareness and Aptitude as per the DU LLB exam pattern 2021. There will be a total of 100 questions of 400 marks divided into different subjects.
- Exam Pattern: The exam will consist of 100 questions to be answered within 120 minutes. The exam is an objective type with multiple-choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will receive 4 marks for every correct answer, and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
Note: Candidates should be cautious while answering the questions since 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. Focus on Accuracy than attempting every question.
DU LLB 2021 Application Form
The authorities will release the DU LLB 2021 Application Form shortly, as per the dates mentioned in the official notification for the exam. Eligible candidates can fill the application form online on the DU LLB official website.
DU LLB 2021 Application Fee
Candidates can submit the DU LLB application fee online through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The detailed information is given in the next section.
No offline applications will be accepted by the examination authority for DU LLB Entrance Exam 2021. The eligibility criteria prescribed for the DU LLB exam is graduation with 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST categories).
How to Fill DU LLB Application Form 2021?
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can follow the steps given below to fill the DU LLB application form.
Step 1: Register Online for the DU LLB Exam
To fill the application form for the DU LLB entrance exam, aspirants need to register on the official website of the exam. Candidates need to provide details such as their name, date of birth, mobile number, email address and click on the submit button. After this, candidates are provided with account login credentials for the DU LLB exam at the email address.
Step 2: Fill Details in the DU LLB Application Form
Next, aspirants need to log in on the official website of the DU LLB entrance exam using their login ID and password. The application form contains the information provided by aspirants while creating the login ID. Therefore, candidates need to fill the below-mentioned details in their DU LLB registration form:
Date of birth details
Alternate mobile number
Year of passing
Test centre preference
Details of parents/guardians
Step 3: Upload Documents
Further, aspirants need to upload scanned copies of their identity proof, photograph, and signature.
|DU LLB 2021 Document||Maximum Size||Format|
|Photograph||50 KB (100 X 130 pixels)||JPG/JPEG/PNG|
|Signature||50 KB (140 X 60 pixels)||JPG/JPEG/PNG|
|Identity Proof (Self attested)(Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card/ Voter’s Identity Card/ Passport/ College Identity Card)||50 KB||JPG/JPEG/PNG|
|Class 10 mark sheet/Matriculation Passing Certificate||100 KB||JPG/JPEG/PNG/ PDF|
|Caste Certificate||100 KB||JPG/JPEG/PNG/ PDF|
Step 4: Pay DU LLB Application Fee
Finally, candidates need to pay the application fee for Delhi University LLB entrance exam online. Aspirants can pay DU LLB application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking.
Important Dates related to DU LLB 2021 Application Form.
|Online registration for DU LLB 2021 commences||July 2021|
|Online registration for DU LLB 2021 ends||July 2021|
|Payment of application fee commences||July 2021|
|Payment of application fee ends||July 2021|
Documents Required to Fill the DU LLB Application Form
Candidates are required to have the following documents while filling the DU LLB application form.
- Passport-sized photograph
- Scanned signature
- A valid ID proof (Self-attested) - Aadhaar Card/Voter’s Identity Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving License
- Class 10 certificate (Self Attested) as the date of birth proof
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Bank details to make the online transaction of fees
Documents to be Preserved After Successful Application
Candidates should retain the following documents till the completion of the admission process.
- Printout of the DU LLB application form 2021
- DU LLB Application Fee receipt copy
- Three to four identical photographs uploaded during DU LLB 2021 Registration
Important Points Regarding the Application Process
Candidates should keep in mind the following points while filling the DU LLB application form.
- Fill the DU LLB application form before the deadline to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- Candidates can submit the DU LLB 2021 application form online only.
- Candidates should read the instructions carefully before beginning the application process.
- Enter the details in DU LLB application form 2021 carefully since no changes will be allowed after final submission.
- The photograph should be a recent one, and it must have a proper background and pixels.
- The application process is complete only if the fee is paid. Application forms without fee payment will be treated as incomplete.
- Complete all the steps of the DU LLB registration process.
- Please note that the candidates will not get a chance to edit their DU LLB Application form. Candidates must fill in all the details with accuracy.
- Please review the application form thoroughly before submitting to avoid any mistake.
DU LLB 2021 Admit Card
DU LLB Admit Card 2021 will be released by Delhi University on the official date for the same as per the notification. Registered candidates can download the admit card from the official website by logging with their login ID and password. DU LLB 2021 Admit Card will display information related to the exam as well as candidates’ details. Candidates should make sure that their details on the DU LLB 2021 admit card are right before printing.
DU LLB entrance exam 2021 admit card is an important document, and candidates should retain the same till the admission process is completed. Candidates should bring their admit card to the exam centre along with one photo identity.
DU LLB Admit Card 2021 Dates
|DU LLB entrance exam admit card 2021 releases||August 2021|
|DU LLB exam 2021||August 2021|
How to Download DU LLB Admit Card?
Aspirants need to follow the below-mentioned steps to download the DU LLB Entrance Exam 2021 admit card.
- Step 1: Go to DU PG admissions/Delhi University’s official website.
- Step 2: Click on DU LLB 2021 admit card link.
- Step 3: Enter login ID and password
- Step 4: Click on the login/ Submit button.
- Step 5: View hall ticket for Delhi University LLB entrance exam.
- Step 6: Click on the download button and take the printout of the same.
Details Mentioned on DU LLB Admit Card
The below-mentioned information is present on the admit card for the DU LLB entrance exam of each candidate:
|Candidate’s details||Examination details|
|Name||Details of the exam centre|
|Father and Mother’s Name||Exam city details|
|Date of Birth||Exam Date and Time|
|Application No||Exam day instructions|
|Roll Number||Reporting time|
|Category applied under||-|
|Photo and Signature||-|
DU LLB 2021 Exam Centres
The University of Delhi releases the DU LLB 2021 Exam Centres on the official web portal. Aspirants will get to know about the exam centres of DU LLB 2021 in online mode. DU LLB 2021 will be conducted in six cities of India to offer admission into the three-year law program. Knowing the DU LLB Exam Centres 2021 well in advance will help the candidates to plan for the examination accordingly.
Candidates should note that they will be required to choose any three centres out of the given list as per their proximity and convenience. After this University will allot the DU LLB exam centres 2021 out of the given preferences, which then will not be changed under any circumstances. For candidates who do not provide any choices at the time of DU LLB 2021 application form filling, the University itself will allot the DU LLB exam centre as per the availability of seats.
Aspirants of the DU LLB entrance exam seeking admission into the three-year law program should read the complete article given below for an enhanced understanding of DU LLB 2021 exam centres.
DU LLB Candidates can choose from 6 different exam centres across India. The 6 test centres are Delhi (Delhi), Bengaluru (Karnataka), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir), Kolkata (West Bengal), Nagpur (Maharashtra), and Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh).
Documents Required During the DU LLB exam
Along with DU LLB admit card 2021, candidates need to carry valid identity proof to their test centre for the law entrance exam. Also, candidates should keep a copy of the DU LLB hall ticket with them for future reference. Check the list of photo-identity proofs that you can carry –
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- Employee ID
DU LLB 2021 Result
Delhi University will release the result shortly after conducting the examination. The DU LLB 2021 Result will be available in online mode comprising the qualifying status and the marks obtained by the DU LLB aspirants. Aspirants must keep the DU LLB result 2021 carefully till the admission process is over. Aspirants will get all the relevant information related to the result issued by the University.
Candidates who appear in the Delhi University LLB entrance examination will only get access to the DU LLB 2021 Result. The DU LLB result 2021 to be declared will mention the candidate’s name, roll number, rank, marks, and qualifying status achieved by the test-takers in the University level law examination. Candidates will get to know the admission status into the desired law exam through DU LLB 2021 result access. After the declaration of the result, candidates will also be issued a merit list of the DU LLB 2021. Please note that the overall merit list will be prepared considering reservation criteria.
Steps to Download DU LLB 2021 Result
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Delhi University.
- Step 2: Two separate result links will appear on the home page/admission page: 1) Link for viewing result 2) Candidate login for viewing the individual result.
- Step 3: To view the individual DU LLB result or score-card through candidate login, you are required to enter credentials such as Date of Birth, Application Form Number, or Roll number.
- Step 4: The DU LLB 2021 Merit List will be displayed from the direct result link (with no login)
- Step 5: Review your DU LLB result and click on download for both PDFs.
- Step 6: Take the print of the DU LLB score-card and merit list for future reference.
DU LLB Call Letter: Candidates who will clear the DU LLB Exam will receive a call letter from the institution. This call letter will have the information about the further admission procedure. The call letter can be sent over an email or by post.
DU LLB 2021 Answer Key
The DU LLB 2021 Answer Key will be released soon after conducting the exams. Only the candidates who appeared in the exam will be able to challenge it. The initial answer key for DU LLB 2021 will be provisional and will be updated upon valid challenges raised by the candidates. The period to challenge will most likely be 2 to 3 days from the release of the answer key. The candidates are required to go to the official website and log in with their exam credentials. The Challenge login window will open in a new tab. The DU LLB is conducted by the NTA (National Testing Agency) they will be responsible for the changes in the Answer Key.
DU LLB 2021 Cut off
The University of Delhi will declare the cutoffs along with the results. The cutoffs are prepared as per the merit list of the DU LLB entrance exam, conducted for aspirants seeking admission in the 3-year law program. Based on the test taker’s score in the exam, he/she/x can secure admission to the following DU LLB campuses:
- Campus Law Center
- Law Center I and
- Law Center II
The regulating body releases DU LLB 2021 Cut off based on different categories (General/SC/ST/OBC). After the release of cutoffs, a call letter is issued to all the shortlisted candidates who can appear in the counselling process.
DU LLB Admission 2021
Faculty of Law, Delhi University will conduct DU LLB 2021 Counselling after the announcement of the results. Candidates will be required to appear in the counselling of DU LLB 2021 in offline mode. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list of DU LLB 2021 will be issued call letters to attend the DU LLB 2021 Counselling to seek admissions into the undergraduate law program offered by Delhi University.
DU LLB 2021 Counselling includes several processes like registration, collecting the admission letter, remitting the counselling fee, and finally submitting the original documents. All the submissions made by the DU LLB candidates should be done before the last date of counselling for hassle-free correspondence of the admission procedure. Candidates who have been issued call letters to appear in the offline DU LLB 2021 Counselling need to register themselves to appear for counselling.
The DU LLB Admission Process is divided into the following stages:
- Stage 1: Registration for DU LLB counselling and choice filling.
- Stage 2: Publication of Admission Lists (Every campus will release its list).
- Stage 3: Document Verification
Steps to follow for DU LLB Counselling Registration
- Click on the link of DU LLB Counselling 2021 as given below.
- Enter login credentials to get into your registered account for DU LLB 2021.
- A new page will open with the DU LLB Counselling Registration Form (Link is given below).
- Download the form, fill in your name, roll number, qualifying examination details, and preferred colleges for admission in the prescribed space and send it to the DU officials.
Documents Required During DU LLB Admission 2021
As a part of the admission procedure of DU LLB 2021, candidates will be required to submit the following documents as mentioned below:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets of qualifying degree with the xerox copy of the same.
- DU LLB 2021 admit card with a xerox copy of the same.
- Date of birth proof and a xerox copy of the same.
- Certificate of graduation and postgraduation degree and a xerox copy of the same.
- DU LLB Merit List/Rank card 2021
- Character certificate from (qualifying institute)
- DU LLB application form 2021
- Cast certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- College leaving certificate
- Aadhar card
DU LLB Courses Offered
Faculty of Law, Delhi University offers two courses to candidates who have cleared DU LLB 2021, and they are given in the following table:
|Courses||Duration of Course|
|Bachelor of Law (LLB)||3 Years|
|Master of Law (LLM)||2 Years|
DU LLB Preparation Tips
Preparation Tips help the candidates to score well in the exam. The exam is considered to be the most competitive law exam. Every year lots of students appear for the exam, and few of them can crack the test.
- Plan a proper strategy and manage time
- Solve all of the previous years’ Entrance papers
- Join a good Coaching Institute
- Go for online mock tests
The candidates must make a proper and daily study plan based on the above information. Given below are the expert highlights for a complete 2-month study schedule of DU LLB preparation.
- Maintain the preparation schedule for at least two months
- Study a minimum of two subjects every day
- Do at least one vocabulary/English and one reasoning exercise every day.
- Give a minimum of 5-6 hours for your studies every day.
Previous year Paper Analysis
- Difficulty: None of the questions asked in the exam was out of the syllabus. However, candidates felt that the mathematics paper was quite difficult while English, Logical reasoning, Constitution, GK, and Current affairs were moderate.
- Overall Difficulty level: The candidates who wrote DU LLB 2018 felt that the difficulty level of the exam was moderate.
- Time limit: Candidates felt the mathematics section was lengthy and had to rush to complete the paper.
If applicants face any difficulty during the DU LLB 2021 process, they should reach out to the DU LLB Authorities. The following are the contact details that can be useful in such a situation. Candidates should make a note of it.
Professor Ved Kumari (Dean & Head)
Faculty of Law,
The University of Delhi,
Phone: +91 11 27667483
Do I need to fill up the DU application form in offline mode besides registering online for DU 2021 admissions?
Delhi University will announce the dates for the DU 2021 online application form. Candidates need not fill any offline form. Moreover, you can find here how to fill DU application form 2021.
Where are the open days held for DU Admission 2021?
Delhi University will conduct Open days for DU 2021 admission between last week of May 2021 and the first week of June 2021 at Conference Centre, Delhi University, North Campus.
How can I apply through ECA or Sports Quota?
Candidates need to fill an additional online application for DU Admissions 2021 if applying through ECA and Sports quota.
I have provided incorrect information while filling up the online registration form and also paid the online registration fees. What shall I do?
After payment of the online registration fee, corrections, additions, deletions, etc. in any manner will not be allowed in the DU 2021 application form. The candidates are, therefore, advised to fill their forms carefully. An incorrect form will be summarily rejected. However, an applicant can start afresh by registering online again using the new registration id and password and applicant will need to submit an online registration fee again.
Can I apply for multiple courses in an online form?
Yes, candidates can apply for multiple courses for DU 2021 admission through a single online application form of Delhi University.
Once DU Cutoffs are declared, will the admission be offered on a first come, first serve basis?
Delhi University doesn’t offer admission in its colleges on the first come–first serve policy. The DU admissions 2021 are offered only at through merit secured by applicants.
I have studied both commerce and accounts in my class XII. Which subject will I have to choose for my ‘best of four’?
You can choose both the subjects in your ‘Best of Four’ subjects. Candidates can also find here how to calculate the best of four subjects’ marks.
I am a science student. Can I apply for Bachelor with honors in Arts/Humanities subjects?
You can apply for Bachelor with Honours in Arts/Humanities subjects provided you fulfill specific eligibility conditions for the program and meet the requisite cut off.
Will there be any disadvantage for gap year candidates?
No, there won’t be any disadvantage for gap year students; however, they need to upload the necessary documents while applying for DU admission 2021.
Once I have taken admission in a particular subject, can I change my subject during the course of study or after completing the first year?
No, once you are admitted in a particular subject, you can change your subject only before the last date of DU admissions 2021, provided seats are available and you meet the requisite cut off.
I have appeared in class 12th exam but failed to clear Mathematics. Then, I appeared in the compartment exam and cleared it. Now, I have two marks sheets, can I get admission?
Yes, candidates can get admission in Delhi University and will not be at any disadvantage, provided that the result of compartment exam is declared before the DU admission process is completed.
Can I apply to DU if I have gap years?
Yes, if the candidate has any gap years he/she can still apply, although these candidates may need to upload the necessary documents during application. Candidates should visit the official website and find information regarding the same.