Delhi University has opened the online mode of registration window for DU LLB 2020 entrance exam. The last date has been extended to July 31, 2020. This year National Testing Agency (NTA) was going to conduct the law entrance test on July 3 which got postponed to a September date. The Like undergraduate programs, the varsity has also hiked the application fees for DU LLB entrance exam.
- August 29: DU LLB Admit Card is released now. Read below to know more.
- The DU LLB 2020 Exam is most likely to occur between September 6, 2020 to September 9, 2020.
- The DU LLB 2020 exam registration process started on June 20, 2020. Candidates can apply for the examination until July 31, 2020. The rest of the exam schedule will be announced soon. The last date to apply is subject to changes based on the situation at hand.
- What is DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020?
- DU LLB 2020 Exam Date
- DU LLB 2020 Eligibility
- DU LLB 2020 Syllabus
- DU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern
- DU LLB 2020 Application Form
- DU LLB 2020 Admit Card
- DU LLB 2020 Exam Centres
- DU LLB 2020 Result
- DU LLB 2020 Cut off
- DU LLB 2020 Admission
- Courses Offered
- Preparation tips
- Contact Details
What is DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020?
Delhi University conducts DU LLB Entrance Exam to select the candidates for admission in LLB programs. As many as 2658 seats are filled through this exam. Delhi University is providing three types of courses one is LLB, LLM (2 years) and LLM (3 years). To shortlist the candidate for admission in LLM course offered by the varsity, candidates need to appear for DU entrance exam. These three colleges are accepting DU LLB entrance exam score i.e Campus Law Centre, Law Centre-I and Law Centre-II.
DU LLB 2020 entrance exam is conducted by Dehli University / The University of Delhi. DU LLB is an entrance exam conducted by DU to screen the candidates who are aspiring to study in one of the 3 Law centres of DU. Candidates who get into one of these 3 institutes will be imparted quality education in their LLB/LLM courses.
|Exam Name||Delhi University LLB Entrance Exam|
|Acronym||DU LLB Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Central Admission Committee, University of Delhi|
|Exam Type||Under Graduate (UG) and Post Graduate (PG) Entrance|
|Number of Seats Available||2600 (Approximately)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Questions Type||Objective (MCQ)|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Marks per Question||
+4 marks for every correct answer
-1 mark for every wrong answer
- Exam Conducting Bodies: DU LLB 2020 is conducted by the Delhi University to select candidates for the upcoming Academic year. This exam is also under NTA's regulations.
- Courses offered: Delhi University offers various L.L.B (Bachelor of Legislative Law) and L.L.M (Master of Law) for the candidates who will be selected through DU LLB 2020. Candidates who want high-quality education in L.L.M or L.L.B should aspire to get into one of three institutes participating in the Examination.
- Number of Seats: Number of seats offered through the exam into various courses and in various institutes is recently increased from around 2922 to 3320.
DU LLB 2020 Exam Date
Delhi University has opened the online registration window for the DU LLB 2020 entrance exam. This year, the law entrance test will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Like undergraduate programs, the varsity has also hiked the application fees for the DU LLB entrance exam. The test will be held online for two hours across 18 cities in India. The test carries 400 marks. Based on merit and cut off, candidates will be called for counselling. The counselling process will be followed by the submission of admission fee and later commencement of the new session.
Application for the DU LLB 2020 exam can be filled from June 20, 2020. DU LLB is an offline test. The detailed report of DU LLB 2020 entrance exam date is as follows.
|DU LLB Events||Dates|
|Issue of Notification||June 3, 2020|
|Commencement of Application Form||June 20, 2020|
|End of Application Form||July 31, 2020|
|Release of Admit card||August 29, 2020|
|DU LLB 2020 exam date||September 6, 2020 to September 9, 2020|
|Declaration of Answer Key||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|Conduct of counselling||To be announced|
DU LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria of the DU LLB 2020 entrance exam will be announced by the University of Delhi tentatively on June 3 along with the exam notification. DU LLB 2020 Eligibility Criteria mentions the minimum academic qualifications and age bar required to appear in DU LLB 2020. Candidates appearing in DU LLB 2020 need to qualify their graduation degree with at least 50 percent marks. Candidates of SC/ST category need to score 40% marks in their qualifying degree and OBC, PWD, and CW need to score 45% in the qualifying degree. A candidate who holds a postgraduate degree or is appearing in the final year postgraduate degree examination can also apply for DU LLB 2020. There is no age bar for the DU LLB 2020 entrance exam.
Educational Qualification: Candidates who have completed their Graduation/Postgraduation Degree from any affiliated University or in the Final Year of Graduation are considered eligible for the DU LLB 2020 entrance exam.
Percentage Criteria: Candidates need to have a minimum of 50% (for General Category), 45% (for PwD, OBC Category), and 40% (for SC/ST Category can apply for the examination.
- Candidates whose results of qualifying exams have not been announced yet can also appear for DU LLB. But their marks should lie in the eligibility criteria once the result is announced.
- Do not round off your marks/percentage while filling the DU LLB form. This can cause cancellation of your form in the worse case.
- Any candidate who is already enrolled in an LLB course has to void his/her/x admission to appear for DU LLB.
DU LLB 2020 Syllabus
DU LLB Entrance Exam syllabus 2020 highlights the topics under each section- English Language & Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, Legal Awareness & Aptitude, and General Knowledge that candidates need to prepare for the exam. Out of all these sections, the General knowledge section and the Legal Aptitude section are of more importance since they have more weightage in the DU LLB 2020 Exam. By going through the DU LLB 2020 Syllabus, candidates can prepare their study routine.
There are four sections in the examination viz.
- English Language Comprehension
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Analytical Abilities
- Legal Awareness and Aptitude
English Language Comprehension Syllabus
Noun, Pronoun, Subject-Verb Agreement, Reading Comprehension, Adverb
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Indian Economy
- Indian History
- Indian Tax Structure
- Books and Authors
- Current Affairs
- General Studies
- Word Meanings
Analytical Abilities Syllabus
- Cause and Effect
- Statement and Assumptions
- Puzzles, Statement, and Conclusion
- Basic Arithmetic
- Data Interpretation
- Number System
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
Legal Awareness and Aptitude
- Supreme Court Judgement
- Legal Fundamentals
- Legal Terms
- Important Landmarks
- Legal Maxims
To prepare for the LLB exam, the candidate needs to focus on topics such as Jurisprudence, Criminal Law, Law of Contracts (General Principles), Constitutional Law of India, Public International Law, Law of Torts and Family Law (Marriage and Divorce).
DU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of DU LLB 2020 entrance was announced by the University of Delhi tentatively on June 3, 2020, along with the application form. With the help of the DU LLB 2020 Exam Pattern, candidates will get an idea of the total marks, important subjects, syllabus, marking scheme, duration of the exam, and distribution of marks in the DU LLB 2020 paper. As per the DU LLB Exam Pattern 2020, candidates will be given questions from the subjects namely, English Language and Comprehension, Analytical Abilities, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, and Legal Awareness and Aptitude. There will be a total of 100 questions of 400 marks divided into different subjects.
- Exam Pattern: The exam will consist of 100 questions, that needs to be answered within 120 minutes i.e. 2 hours. The exam is an objective type with multiple-choice questions.
- Marking Scheme: Candidate will receive 4 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Note: Since 1 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer candidates are to be cautious while answering the questions. Focus on Accuracy than attempting every question.
DU LLB 2020 Application Form
DU LLB application form 2020 deadline has been extended till July 31, 2020, originally, the last date of the application process was June 17. DU LLB 2020 Application Form was released on June 20, 2020. Eligible candidates can fill the application form online on the official website.
DU LLB 2020 Application Fee
The DU LLB Application Fee is submitted online method such as Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. The detailed information is given in the next section.
No offline applications will be accepted by the examination authority for DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020. The eligibility criteria prescribed for the DU LLB exam is graduation with 50% (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ST categories).
How to fill DU LLB Application Form 2020?
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can follow the steps given below to fill the DU LLB application form.
Step 1: Register online for DU LLB exam
To fill the application form for the DU LLB entrance exam, aspirants need to register on the official website of the exam. Here, DU LLB candidates need to provide details such as their name, date of birth, mobile number as well as email address and thereafter click on the submit button. As soon as this is done, candidates are provided with account login credentials for the DU LLB exam on the email address provided by them.
Step 2: Fill details in DU LLB application form
Next, aspirants need to login on the official website of DU LLB entrance exam using their login ID and password. The application form contains the information provided by aspirants while creating the login ID. Thereafter, candidates need to fill the below-mentioned details in their DU LLB registration form:
|Candidate’s name||Date of birth details||Alternate mobile number|
|Gender||Qualifying exam||Year of passing|
|Address||Program Preference||College preference|
|Test centre preference||Educational qualification||Details of parents/guardians|
Step 3: Upload documents
Further, aspirants need to upload scanned copies of their identity proof, photograph, and signature.
|DU LLB 2020 Document||Maximum Size||Format|
|Photograph||50 KB100 X 130 pixels||.jpg/ .jpeg/ .png|
|Signature||50 KB140 X 60 pixels||.jpg/ .jpeg/ .png|
|Identity Proof (Self attested)(Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card/ Voter’s Identity Card/ Passport/ College Identity Card)||50 KB||.jpg/ .jpeg/ .png|
|Class 10 mark sheet/Matriculation Passing Certificate||100 KB||.jpg/ .jpeg/ .png/ .pdf|
|Caste Certificate||100 KB||.jpg/ .jpeg/ .png/ .pdf|
Step 4: Pay DU LLB application fee
Finally, candidates need to pay the application fee for Delhi University LLB entrance exam online. Aspirants can pay DU LLB application fee through Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking.
Important Dates related to DU LLB 2020 Application Form:
|Online registration for DU LLB 2020 commences||June 20, 2020|
|Online registration for DU LLB 2020 ends||July 31, 2020|
|Payment of application fee commences||June 20, 2020|
|Payment of application fee ends||July 31, 2020|
Documents required to fill Application Form:
Candidates are required to have the following documents while filling the DU LLB application form.
- Passport-sized photograph
- Scanned signature
- A valid ID proof (Self-attested) - Aadhaar Card/Voter’s Identity Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving License
- Class 10 certificate (Self Attested) as the date of birth proof
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Bank details to make the online transaction of fees
Documents to be preserved after successful application:
Candidates should retain the following documents till completion of the admission process.
- Printout of the DU LLB application form 2020
- DU LLB Application Fee receipt copy
- Three to four identical photographs uploaded during DU LLB #yearRegistration
Few important points related to the Application Process:
Candidates should keep in mind the following points while filling the DU LLB application form.
- Fill the DU LLB application form before the deadline to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- DU LLB 2020 application form should be submitted online only.
- Candidates should read the instructions carefully before beginning with the application process.
- Enter the details in DU LLB application form 2020 carefully since no changes will be allowed after final submission.
- The photograph should be a recent one and it must have a proper background and pixels. Please note that an erroneous photograph on the admit card might prohibit your entry at DU LLB Exam Hall.
- The application process is complete only if the fee is paid. Application form without fee payment will be treated as incomplete.
- Complete all the steps of the DU LLB registration process.
- Please note that the candidates will not get a chance to edit their DU LLB Application form. It is highly advised to fill all the details with accuracy.
- Please review the application form thoroughly before submitting to avoid any mistake.
DU LLB 2020 Admit Card
DU LLB Admit Card 2020 will be released by Delhi University in July 2020. Registered candidates can download the admit card from the official website by logging with their login ID and password. DU LLB 2020 Admit Card will display information related to the exam as well as candidates’ details. Candidates should make sure that their details on the DU LLB 2020 Admit Card are right before printing.
DU LLB entrance exam 2020 admit card is an important document and candidates should retain the same till completion of the admission process. Candidates should bring their admit card to the exam centre along with one photo-identity.
DU LLB Admit Card 2020 Dates
|DU LLB 2020||September 6, 2020 to September 9, 2020|
|DU LLB entrance exam admit card 2020 releases||August 29, 2020|
|Last date to download DU LLB hall ticket||-|
How to download DU LLB Admit Card?
Aspirants need to follow the below-mentioned steps to download the DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020 admit card.
Step 1: Go to DU PG admissions/Delhi University’s official website
Step 2: Click on DU LLB 2020 admit card link
Step 3: Enter login ID and password
Step 4: Click on the login/ Submit button
Step 5: View hall ticket for Delhi University LLB entrance exam
Step 6: Click on the download button and take the printout of the same
Details Mentioned on DU LLB Admit Card
The below-mentioned information is present on the admit card for DU LLB entrance exam of each candidate:
|Candidate’s details||Examination details|
|Name||Details of the exam centre|
|Father and Mother’s Name||Exam city details|
|Date of Birth||Exam Date and Time|
|Application No||Exam day instructions|
|Roll Number||Reporting time|
|Category applied under||-|
|Photo and Signature||-|
Errors in DU LLB Admit Card – Steps to take
After viewing the DU LLB admit card, aspirants need to ensure that all the details mentioned on it are correct. In case of any discrepancy, aspirants are advised to bring this to the notice of Delhi University officials immediately. As the DU LLB admit card will be used in every process of admission henceforth, not to mention the verification at the DU LLB exam centre itself will require an errorless approval of details.
DU LLB 2020 Exam Centres
The University of Delhi will announce the DU LLB 2020 Exam Centres in May 2020 along with the issue of notification. Aspirants will get to know about the exam centres of DU LLB 2020 in online mode. DU LLB 2020 will be conducted in six cities of India to offer admission into the three-year law program. Knowing the DU LLB Exam Centres 2020 well in advance will help the candidates to plan for the examination accordingly.
Candidates should note that they will be required to choose any three centres out of the given list as per their proximity and convenience. After which the university will allow the DU LLB exam centres 2020 out of the given preferences, which then will not be changed under any circumstances. It should be noted that candidates who do not provide any preference at the time of DU LLB 2020 Application Form filling, for them the university itself will allot DU LLB exam centre as per the availability of seats.
Aspirants of Delhi University LLB Entrance Exam seeking admission into the three-year law program need to read the complete article given below for an enhanced understanding of DU LLB 2020 Exam Centres.
DU LLB Candidates can choose from 6 different exam centres across India. The 6 test centres are Delhi (Delhi), Bengaluru (Karnataka), Jammu (Jammu & Kashmir), Kolkata (West Bengal), Nagpur (Maharashtra) and Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh).
Documents required during the DU LLB exam
Along with DU LLB admit card 2020, candidates need to carry a valid identity proof to their test centre for the law entrance exam. Also, candidates should keep a copy of the DU LLB hall ticket with them for future reference. Check the list of photo-identity proofs that you can carry –
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
- Pan Card
- Employee ID
DU LLB 2020 Result
Delhi University will release the result shortly after the exam is conducted. The DU LLB 2020 Result will be available in online mode which will mention the qualifying status and the marks obtained by the DU LLB aspirants. DU LLB Result 2020 needs to be kept very carefully till the admission process is over. Aspirants will get all the relevant information related to the result inscribed on the result sheet that will be issued by the university.
Candidates who appear in the Delhi University LLB entrance examination will only get access to the DU LLB 2020 Result. The DU LLB result 2020 to be declared will mention the candidate’s name, roll number, rank, marks, and qualifying status achieved by the test-takers in the university level law examination. By getting access to the DU LLB 2020 result, candidates will get to know the status of their admission into the desired law exam. After the declaration of the result, candidates will also be issued a merit list of the DU LLB 2020. Please note that the overall merit list will be prepared considering reservation criteria.
Steps to download DU LLB 2020 Result
Step 1: Visit the official website of Delhi University
Step 2: Two separate result links will appear on home page/admission page: 1) Link for viewing result 2) Candidate login for viewing the individual result.
Step 3: To view the individual DU LLB result or score-card through candidate login, you are required to enter credentials such as Date of Birth, Application Form Number, or Roll number.
Step 4: The DU LLB 2020 Merit List will be displayed from the direct result link (with no login)
Step 5: Review your DU LLB result and click on download for both the PDFs
Step 6: Take the print of the DU LLB score-card and merit list for future reference.
DU LLB Call Letter Candidates who will clear the DU LLB Exam will receive a call letter from the institution. This call letter will have the information about the further admission procedure. The call letter can be sent over an email or by post.
DU LLB 2020 Cut off
The University of Delhi will declare the cut-offs along with the results in July 2020. The cutoffs are prepared as per the merit list of DU LLB Entrance Exam, conducted for aspirants seeking admission in the 3-year law program. Based on test taker’s score in the exam, he/she/x can secure admission in the following DU LLB campuses:
- Campus Law Center
- Law Center I and
- Law Center II
This year, the examination is scheduled for June 18 in computer-based mode. Answer Keys will be released on the official portal. The regulating body releases DU LLB Cutoffs as per the candidate’s category (General/SC/ST/OBC). After the release of cut-offs, a call letter is issued to all the shortlisted candidates who can appear in the counselling process.
DU LLB 2020 Admission
Faculty of Law, Delhi University will conduct DU LLB 2020 Counselling after the announcement of the results. Candidates will be required to appear in the counselling of DU LLB 2020 in offline mode. Candidates whose name appear in the merit list of DU LLB 2020 will be issued call letters to attend the DU LLB 2020 Counselling as a way to seek admissions into undergraduate law program offered by Delhi University.
Check more detail about DU LLB Admission 2020
There will be several processes included in the DU LLB 2020 Counselling namely – registration, collecting the admission letter, remitting the counselling fee, and finally submitting the original documents. All the submissions made by the DU LLB candidates should be done before the last date of counselling for hassle-free correspondence of admission procedure. Candidates who have been issued call letters to appear in the offline DU LLB 2020 Counselling, need to register themselves to appear for counselling.
The DU LLB Admission Process is divided into the following stages:
Stage 1: Registration for DU LLB counselling and choice filling
Stage 2: Publication of Admission Lists (Every campus will release its own list).
Stage 3: Document Verification
Steps to follow for DU LLB Counselling Registration
- Click on the link of DU LLB Counselling 2020 as given below.
- Enter login credentials to get into your registered account for DU LLB 2020.
- A new page will open with the DU LLB Counselling Registration Form (Link is given below).
- Download the form, fill in your name, roll number, qualifying examination details, and preferred colleges for admission, etc in the prescribed space. and send it to the DU officials.
Documents required During DU LLB Admission:
As a part of the admission procedure of DU LLB 2020, candidates will be required to submit the following documents as mentioned below:
- 10th and 12th mark sheets of qualifying degree with the xerox copy of the same
- DU LLB 2020 Admit Card with a xerox copy of the same
- Date of birth proof and a xerox copy of the same
- Certificate of graduation and post-graduation degree and a xerox copy of the same
- DU LLB Merit List/Rank card 2020
- Character Certificate from (qualifying institute)
- DU LLB Application Form 2020
- Cast Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
- College Leaving Certificate
- Aadhar Card
DU LLB Courses Offered
Faculty of Law, Delhi University offers 2 courses to candidates who have cleared DU LLB 2020 and they are given in the following table:
|Courses||Duration of Course|
|Bachelor of Law (LLB)||3 Years|
|Master of Law (LLM)||2 Years|
DU LLB Preparation tips
Preparation Tips help the candidates to score well in the exam. The exam is considered to be the most competitive law exam. Every year lots of students appear for the exam and few of them can crack the test.
- Plan a proper strategy and manage time
- Solve all of the previous years’ Entrance papers
- Join a good Coaching Institute
- Go for online mock tests
The candidates must make a proper and daily study plan based on the above information. Given below are the expert highlights for a complete 2-month study schedule of DU LLB preparation.
- Maintain the preparation schedule for at least 2 months
- Study a minimum of two subjects every day
- Do at least one vocabulary/English and one reasoning exercise every day.
- Give a minimum of 5-6 hours for your studies every day.
Previous year Paper Analysis
- Difficulty: None of the questions asked in the exam was out of the syllabus. However, Candidates felt that the mathematics paper was quite difficult to answer, while English, logical reasoning and Constitution, GK and Current affairs were moderate.
- Overall Difficulty level: The candidates who wrote DU LLB 2018 felt that the overall difficulty level of the examination was Moderate.
- Time limit: Candidates felt the mathematics section was lengthy and had to rush to complete the paper.
During the complete DU LLB 2020 Process, if applicants face any difficulty they should reach out to the DU LLB Authorities. The following are the contact details which can be useful in such a situation. Candidates should make a note of it.
Professor Ved Kumari (Dean & Head)
Faculty of Law,
The University of Delhi,
Phone: +91 11 27667483