CEED 2024 application form can be submitted with a late fee till Nov 20, 2023, on the official website at ceed.iitb.ac.in. Candidates can register with a late fee of INR 500. Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
CEED exam 2024 is scheduled to be held on Jan 21, 2024, in a single shift from 9 AM to 12 PM. Registered candidates can avail their CEED admit card 2024 from Jan 5, 2024, using the login credentials such as the application ID and password.
In addition, CEED syllabus 2024 has been revised by IIT Bombay. Candidates can check and download the exam syllabus from the official website of the exam. Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) aims to analyze the candidate’s aptitude for design, including visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Table of Contents
- CEED 2024 Application Form
- CEED 2024 Exam Date
- About CEED Exam
- CEED 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- CEED 2024 Admit Card
- CEED 2024 Exam Centres
- CEED 2024 Exam Pattern
- CEED 2024 Syllabus
- CEED 2024 Reference Books
- CEED 2024 Preparation
- CEED 2024 Mock Test
- CEED Exam Analysis & Student Reaction
- CEED 2024 Answer Key
- CEED 2024 Result
- CEED 2024 Cut off
- CEED 2024 Counselling
- CEED Exam Instructions
- CEED Contact Details
CEED 2024 Application Form
CEED 2024 application form has been released on Oct 3, 2023, by IIT Bombay. Eligible candidates were able apply for the exam without a late fee till Nov 13, 2023. However, candidates can fill out the application form till Nov 20, 2023, with a late fee of INR 500. Candidates must ensure they satisfy the eligibility criteria the conducting body sets before beginning the registration process.
Steps to Apply for CEED 2024
Candidates can follow the steps mentioned below to apply for CEED 2024.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website at ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Step 2: Click on the 'Registration Portal' tab on the homepage.
- Step 3: Click on 'Register' to continue with fresh registration.
- Step 4: Candidates must provide the necessary details and fill the CEED application form 2024.
- Step 5: After filling the form, candidates must attach the required documents.
- Step 6: Pay the application form fee and click on the 'Submit Form' button.
CEED 2024 Application Fee
The payment of the CEED application form 2024 fee can be done online using a Credit/ Debit Card or Net Banking. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. If the candidate fails to submit the application form on the last date, the late fee is applicable.
Application Fees: The application fees for CEED 2024 is INR 3600 for all category candidates and INR 1800 for SC/ST/PWD/female candidates.
Note: There will be a late fee of INR 500 applicable to all candidates for registration who submitted their application form after the regular closing date was Nov 13, 2023.
Minimum Marks to Qualify CEED 2024 Part A Exam
Documents Required for CEED 2024 Application
Listed below are the required documents and specifications for filling CEED application form 2024.
- The coloured photograph which is recently clicked, and a scanned copy of the signature (.jpg file).
- A scanned copy of the degree/diploma certificate is required if that course is completed. If a candidate does not have the certificate of final degree, upload a copy of their provisional certificate or the final year marks. If even that course is not completed, a certificate from the college's principal or department head should be submitted.
- Candidates who belong to the OBC-NCL/SC/ST category have to submit valid category certificates issued by concerned authorities.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category should produce a valid and real medical certificate.
- PwD candidates who need surplus time during the exam, need to upload a soft copy of the request letter.
- Candidates whose names are not matching the name on the degree/diploma certificate should submit a gazette notification, a marriage certificate, or scanned copies of the passport mentioning the change of name.
Note: The above-mentioned documents for the exam are to be uploaded as electronic files during the online procedure of CEED 2024 exam registration. Hard copies of these documents or any other documents will not be entertained.
Read More: CEED 2024 Application Form
CEED 2024 Exam Date
CEED 2024 exam dates were released by IIT Bombay, on the official website. CEED 2024 entrance exam will be conducted on Jan 21, 2024, from 9 AM to 12 PM. The application form window for CEED 2024 is open from Oct 3, 2023, till Nov 13, 2023 (without late fee). The registered candidates can download the CEED admit card 2024 from Jan 5, 2024.
The important dates for CEED 2024 are updated below.
|Upcoming Exam Events|
|Last Date for CEED 2024 Online Registration With Regular Fee||Nov 13, 2023|
|Last Date for CEED 2024 Online Registration With Late Fee of INR 500||Nov 13 - 20, 2023|
|CEED 2024 Admit Card Release||Jan 5, 2024|
|Last Date for Rectification of Discrepancies in Admit Card||Jan 11, 2024|
|CEED 2024 Exam Date||Jan 21, 2024|
|Release of Draft Answer Key for Part A||Jan 23, 2024|
|Last Date for Sending Comments on Draft Answer Key for Part A||Jan 23 - Jan 25, 2024|
|Release of Final Key for Part A||Jan 31, 2024|
|Announcement of Cut Off Marks for Part A||Feb 8, 2024|
|Declaration of Results||Mar 6, 2024|
|Availability of Score Cards to Download||Mar 11, 2024|
|Last Date to Downloading Score Cards||Jun 12, 2024|
|Past Exam Events|
|Commencement of Online CEED 2024 Registration||Oct 3, 2023|
Read More: CEED 2024 Exam Dates
About CEED Exam
CEED is a joint entrance exam, annually conducted by IIT Bombay as a qualifying examination for eligible students to obtain admission to Master of Design (M.Des) and PhD programs for the participating colleges. CEED 2024 is a qualifying examination for Master of Design programs at IISc Bangalore, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and for PhD programs in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Hyderabad.
The CEED examination takes place in two phases namely:
- Part A- computer-based screening test which evaluates visualization and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, observation, and design sensitivity.
- Part B- evaluates drawing, creativity, communication skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills
All the important CEED Exam Details are mentioned in the table below:
|Full form||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Courses Offered Through CEED 2024
Here's a list of all the courses which the aspirants can pursue upon qualifying CEED 2024.
|M.Des in Product Design & Manufacturing, PhD in Design||IISc Bangalore|
|M.Des in Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, PhD in Design||IIT Bombay|
|M.Des in Industrial Design||IIT Delhi|
|M.Des in Design, PhD in Design||IIT Guwahati|
|M.Des in Visual Design, PhD in Design||IIT Hyderabad|
|M.Des in Product Design, Visual Design||IIITDM Jabalpur|
|M.Des in Design, PhD in Design||IIT Kanpur|
CEED 2024 Eligibility
An aspirant of CEED 2024 has to satisfy the minimum required eligibility criteria to appear in an exam. The candidates should make sure that they should clear the CEED 2024 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam, otherwise their application form would be rejected.
- Qualification: Candidates must have clearly passed a Diploma/ Degree/ Postgraduate degree Program of minimum 3 years (10 + 2 +3 level), or should be appearing for the final examination of a program by Jul 2023 or should have passed the GD Arts Diploma Program (10+5 level) by July 2023.
- Eligibility: Before applying for CEED 2024, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the minimum required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- Age: There is no age limit for CEED 2024 and candidates can appear for the exam any number of times.
Read More: CEED 2024 Eligibility Criteria
CEED 2024 Admit Card
CEED 2024 admit card will be released on Jan 5, 2024, on the official website at ceed.iitb.ac.in. Candidates should carefully examine the fields in CEED 2024 admit card, and contact the conducting body by Jan 11, 2024, via email in case of any discrepancy. Candidates, after successfully submitting the application form, can download the admit card from the official website.
Steps to Download CEED Admit Card 2024
Candidates must follow the steps mentioned below to access the CEED 2024 admit card.
- Step 1: To download the CEED 2024 admissions card, click on the link.
- Step 2: Enter the password and registered email address.
- Step 3: You should download the admit card that will be shown.
- Step 4: The IIT Bombay Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) office should be contacted via mail if there are any inconsistencies, such as a blurred photo or signature.
- Step 5: The admit card must be printed in colour and brought to the testing location.
The following valid photo identifications (for anyone) are permitted to be brought into the exam room with the admit card:
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- The identity card issued by the institute last attended
- Credentials: The candidate can download the hall ticket by entering the credentials such as application number, and date of birth.
- Admission: The candidates need to preserve the CEED 2024 Admit Card till they get the admissions.
- Printout: Take a clear and coloured printout of the admit card before coming to the exam centre.
CEED 2024 Exam Centres
Common Entrance Examination for Design will be conducted in 24 test cities across India. A candidate can choose the test location as per feasibility. It can be chosen on preferences 1, 2, and 3. CEED 2024 exam centres are listed in the table below:
|CEED 2024 Exam Centres|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo identity proof (Passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, college-issued identity card, or Aadhaar card)
Read More: CEED 2024 Exam Centres
CEED 2024 Exam Pattern
This exam has its own exam pattern to follow that would help a candidate to do well in the exam and submit the paper on time. CEED 2024 Exam Pattern will explain the number of questions asked and marks distribution. The question Paper will consist of 2 sections- Part A and Part B.
- Part A contains objective-type questions (Multiple-Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Questions).
- Part B consists of questions that are aimed at Testing Design, Drawing, and Writing Skills.
|Exam Mode||Part A- Computer-Based Test; Part B- Offline|
|Number of Papers||2|
|Number of Sections||2|
|Question Paper Type||Part A- NAT, MSQ, MCQ; Part B- Drawing-Based Questions|
|CEED 2024 Total Marks||Part A- 100; Part B- 100|
|Exam Duration||Paper A (1 Hour); Paper B (2 Hours)|
- Duration: The time duration of the CEED 2024 exam is a total of 3 hours (Part A - 1 hour + Part B - 2 hours).
- Mode: CEED 2024 will be conducted in online and offline modes.
Read More: CEED 2024 Exam Pattern
CEED 2024 Syllabus
CEED 2024 syllabus has been revised by IIT Bombay. The newly structured syllabus was released on the official website on Mar 6, 2023. The entrance exam will be conducted in 2024 based on the revised syllabus. However, the next session of CEED 2024 will be based on the old syllabus.
According to the revised CEED 2024 syllabus, the exam will be divided into two parts, namely part A and B. Part A will consist of questions related to practical, scientific, art and design knowledge, visualization, spatial, analytical, logical reasoning, and so on. Whereas, part B will include questions to gauge the drawing ability, problem identification, communication, and creativity of the candidates.
The syllabus for the CEED exam is given below.
Sections: According to CEED 2024 Syllabus, the question paper will be divided into 2 parts.
- Part A: Online objective paper consisting of topics in Visualization and Spatial Ability, Environmental and Social Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Language and Creativity, Observation and Design Sensitivity.
- Part B: It is an offline paper-based test that evaluates Drawing, Creativity, Communication, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
CEED 2024 Syllabus for Part A
The syllabus for the main topics and the subtopics from which questions will be asked in CEED 2024 Part A are below.
|Visualization & Spatial Ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships; knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.|
|Environmental and Social Awareness||General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.|
|Language and Creativity||Ability to understand & use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar like sentence structure & usage, use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, active and passive constructions, etc. & vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options, and think out of the box.|
|Design Thinking and Problem-Solving||Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options, and select solutions.|
|Observation and Design Sensitivity||Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and think critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring, and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.|
CEED 2024 Syllabus for Part B
CEED 2024 syllabus for Part B is tabulated below.
|Topics||Ability Tested in CEED Exam|
|Drawing||Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.|
|Creativity||Ability to think out-of-the-box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.|
|Communication Skills||Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.|
|Analytical &Problem Solving Skills||Ability to understand user & context, knowledge of properties of materials & process & its proper use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots & stories, etc.|
Read More: CEED 2024 Syllabus
CEED 2024 Reference Books
Candidates preparing for CEED 2024 entrance exam must refer to good reference books which are available in the market and online. Below are a few of the good reference books which can help candidates in preparation for the CEED 2024 exam are given below.
- NID-NIFT-UCEED-CEED Workbook by Ar. Revati Shantanu Parkhi and Rhythm Singh Kachhawa
- Guide for NIFT/NID/IIFT 2020- 21 by Arihant Publications
- NIFT, NID & IIFT Entrance Exam Guide By D Mittal
- NIFT Entrance Examination Preparation Course By Prashant Kumar
- Self Study Guide – NIFT 10 Mock Papers By D. Mittal
Read More: CEED 2024 Books
CEED 2024 Preparation
Given below are a few tips and tricks to crack the CEED Exam with ease.
Improve Creativity Skills
The candidate must read topics related to Interaction Designs and must also improve his/her Visual Communications skills. There are some good reference books available on these topics and candidates can purchase these books online through e-commerce websites. This exam checks the creative abilities of the candidate. So the candidate must try to answer these questions in a different and creative way. This will surely increase your chances of clearing the CEED Exam. You must make sure that you think out of the box while answering the same question.
Improve 3D Drawing Skills
Improving your drawing skills is very much necessary for clearing the exam. Candidates should be able to imagine and draw a 3D model of the thing they want to present. The aspirants can try to improve their 3D skills by drawing common household items. The more you draw, the more you will learn about sketching 3D shapes which will help you in the preparation process.
Read Cartoon Strips Daily
Also, a candidate must make it a habit that they should read cartoon strips daily online or in the newspaper as it improves the candidate’s ability to present his views in a storyboard format which impresses the evaluator.
Be More Creative
For Part B, you should try to become more creative. The examiner might even look past some minor mistakes in sketching if your solution is creative enough. Some questions even have a note saying that marks will be awarded for creative and humorous solutions. Enhancing creativity is straightforward. First, think about a simple idea and then stretch it to its limits.
- Books: Candidates can refer to the books mentioned in the CEED 2024 Reference Books section for exam preparation directed by the authority.
- Study Guidance: Candidates can download CEED Previous Year Question Paper to get a clear understanding of the exam pattern.
CEED 2024 Mock Test
CEED mock exam 2024 will be offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. Candidates can have a comprehensive picture of the exam format, potential problems, time constraints, etc. by taking the CEED Exam 2024 mock test. Candidates must sign in by clicking the sign-in option before taking the mock CEED 2024 exam.
One of the finest suggestions for passing the entrance exam is to practise mock examinations, according to experts and top scorers.
CEED Exam Analysis & Student Reaction
CEED exam analysis and student reactions for the CEED 2024 exam will be updated here immediately after the conclusion of the entrance exam. CEED 2024 exam analysis and student reaction will include information like:
- The difficulty level of the CEED 2024 exam
- Sectional difficulty level;
- Topics from which questions are asked; the number of questions from each topic
- Whether there were any technical glitches during the exam or did the question paper include any wrong questions
- Expected category-wise cutoff for Part A
CEED 2024 Answer Key
CEED 2024 provisional answer key will be released on Jan 23, 2024. Candidates are requested to visit the official website to download the answer key and raise objections by Jan 25, 2024, by 5 PM. After considering the objections raised, the conducting body will release the final CEED answer key 2024 on Jan 31, 2024.
Students can check the answer key via online mode only. The answer key includes all the answers to the questions in the question paper. As the exam gets completed, the answer key will be published on the official webpage soon by the concerned conducting authority.
Answer key helps students to check their answers and examine their marks secured in the online entrance examination.
How to Download CEED 2024 Answer Key?
The steps are given below to easily download the CEED 2024 Answer Key:
- Step 1: Head to the official Website ( www.ceed.iitb.ac.in )
- Step 2: Locate and click on the ‘Portal’ tab.
- Step 3: Locate and click on the ‘Provisional CEED Answer Key’
- Step 5: The answer key will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Download and take a printout of the same for future reference.
Read More: CEED 2024 Answer Key
CEED 2024 Result
CEED result 2024 will be declared on Mar 6, 2024, by the conducting body. Moreover, the scorecards for CEED 2024 will be released on Mar 11, 2024. The last date to download the scorecard is Jun 12, 2024. Candidates can check their results and download scorecards from the official website at ceed.iitb.ac.in. They have to enter the login credentials such as the user ID and password.
Steps to Check CEED 2024 Result
Candidates can follow the steps below to download CEED 2024 results.
- Step 1: Candidates can view CEED results use the official CEED page.
- Step 2: Put your registered email address and password in.
- Step 3: The CEED Results will be shown.
- Step 4: Only qualified candidates will see the download scorecard link, which they can click on.
- Step 5: Until admissions are finished, the scorecard needs to be kept secure.
Details Mentioned on CEED 2024 Results
Following are some details from the CEED 2024 result:
- Name of the Candidate Category Application/Registration Number Exam Scores
- Requisite standing
- The calculation method for the CEED exam score
- 25% of Part A and 75% of Part B are weighted together to determine the final CEED score.
- Scorecard: After the declaration of CEED 2024 Result, it will be available for a candidate to download on its official website i.e. ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Validity: The marks card will be valid for a time period of one year from the date of the announcement of the result.
- Merit List: The counselling process will start after preparing the merit list.
Read More: CEED 2024 Result
CEED 2024 Cut off
IIT Bombay will announced the cut off for CEED Exam 2024 Part A on Feb 8, 2024, along with the mean and standard deviation. The cutoff for part A of the exam, which is used to select applicants for part B, is typically indicated as CEED 2024. The authorities do not publicly disclose the cutoff for part B or the complete Common Entrance Exam for Design.
Factors that determine CEED cut off marks are given below.
- The difficulty level of questions.
- “Reservation Policy” for various categories in respective institutes.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- Overall performance of the candidates who have written the exam.
- The total number of seats offered by all institutes.
- Marking scheme.
CEED Cut Off 2024
Part A Qualifying Marks
Guidelines for CEED 2024 Cut off Marks:
As previously stated, candidates will be shortlisted based on their Part A score.
The minimum score required for Part A () to select candidates in the open category is:
- + (2) =, were and are the average score and standard deviation of the distribution of scores attained by ALL of the candidates in Part-A of CEED 2024. We shall round the and to two decimal places.
- OBC-NCL category's cutoffs will be 0.9 of the Open category's.
- CEED cut off for candidates in the SC, ST, and PWD categories will be 0.5 of the Open category.
Read More: CEED 2024 Cut Off
CEED 2024 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates on the CEED 2024 merit list will be eligible for counselling conducted by IIT Bombay after the declaration of CEED results.
- Counselling Call Letter: For appearing in the Counselling of CEED 2024, qualified candidates must download the call letter received for the counselling process from its official webpage.
- Admission: After the allotment of seats, according to candidates' marks at their desired institutes, applicants will have to inform the allotted college to finish the admission process.
CEED 2024 Participating Institutes are as follows:
|CEED Exam Institute||Programme|
|Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing, IISc Bangalore||
|Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay||
|Department of Design, IIT Delhi||
|Department of Design, IIT Guwahati||
|Department of Design, IIT Hyderabad||
|Design Programme, IIT Kanpur||
|Design Discipline, IIITDM Jabalpur||
Documents Required at Counselling
- CEED score card
- Qualifying exam certificate
- Valid photo ID
- Class 10 certificate or date of birth certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
- Class 12 certificate
Note: CEED 2024 results or marks do not guarantee admission to any college.
Read More: Counselling of CEED 2024
CEED 2024 Important Instructions
Some important instructions regarding the exam are given below:
- Candidates can download their admit cards till the test day from the official website.
- Obtaining and providing help during the exam is not allowed.
- Candidates should report at least one hour before the test location on the test day.
- Candidates are allowed to enter the hall 30 minutes before the commencement of the exam.
- No discussion is permitted in the examination hall.
- For candidates who will have any barred item, his/her examination will be disqualified or cancelled.
- No electronic gadgets like calculators, mobile phones, Bluetooth devices, or digital watches are allowed in the examination hall.
- No other piece of paper is permitted in the examination room by the candidates.
CEED 2024 Contact Details
In case, there is any confusion at any phase of the exam do not forget to contact its official conducting authorities. Their contact details are given below:
Chairman JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2024
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Contact No: +91-22-25769093 / 9094 (Mon to Fri 09:30 – 17:30 hrs)
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
What is the CEED Exam?
The CEED exam is a nationwide design entrance exam for courses such as Master of Design and Ph.D. in Design for particular colleges. It is conducted by the IIT Bombay in the month of January every year.
What is the qualification needed to write the CEED 2024 Exam?
The candidates who wish to appear for the exam should have completed a degree/ diploma/ postgraduate degree Program of a minimum of 3 years (after 10+2 level). Candidates who are appearing for their final examination can also apply for the CEED 2024 exam.
What is the registration fee for applying for the CEED 2024?
CEED 2024 registration fee is different for different candidates. It is INR 1800 for all women candidates, INR 1800 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and INR 3600 for all other candidates.
Do we have to upload documents during the CEED registration process?
Yes. The candidates need to upload some scanned copies of the documents which include candidate's photograph, signature, degree (or equivalent) certificate, caste certificate (if applicable).
When is the last date to apply for CEED exam with a late fee?
CEED 2024 application form can be submitted by paying a late fee by Nov 20, 2023.