The full form of CEED is Common Entrance Examination for Design. The aim of the Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) is to analyze the candidate’s aptitude for design including visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem-solving skills. The registration for CEED has been extended to Oct 31, 2021.
Read this article to get detailed information on courses offered, important dates, eligibility criteria, exam centres, results, counselling, and more.
Latest Updates for CEED:
- Oct 25, 2021: The registration for CEED has been extended to Oct 31, 2021.
- Oct 18, 2021: The registration for CEED has been extended to Oct 24, 2021.
- Oct 8, 2021: The last date to register for CEED 2022 is extended to Oct 17, 2021, and the last date to apply with a late fee is extended to Oct 22, 2021.
- Sep 9, 2021: CEED 2022 registration has started on Sep 9, 2021.
- Sep 1, 2021: The notification for CEED 2022 is released today. The exam is scheduled to be held on Jan 23, 2022. The registrations will commence from Sep 9, 2021.
- What is CEED Exam?
- CEED 2022 Exam Date
- CEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- CEED 2022 Syllabus
- CEED 2022 Preparation
- CEED 2022 Exam Pattern
- CEED 2022 Application Form
- CEED 2022 Admit Card
- CEED 2022 Result
- CEED 2022 Cut off
- CEED 2022 Counselling
- CEED 2022 Answer Key
- CEED Exam Instructions
- CEED Contact Details
What is CEED Exam?
CEED is a joint entrance exam, annually conducted by IIT Bombay as a qualifying examination for eligible students to obtain admission to Master of Design (M.Des) and Ph.D. programs for the participating colleges. CEED 2022 is a qualifying examination for Master of Design programs at IISc Bangalore, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and for Ph.D. programs in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay, IIT Kanpur, and IIT Hyderabad.
The CEED examination takes place in two phases namely:
- Part A- computer-based screening test which evaluates visualization and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, observation, and design sensitivity.
- Part B- evaluates drawing, creativity, communication skills, and analytical and problem-solving skills
All the important CEED Exam Details are mentioned in the table below:
|Full form||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay|
|Exam Mode||Online and Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
Here's a list of all the courses which the aspirants can pursue upon qualifying CEED 2022.
|M.Des in Product design & manufacturing, Ph.D. in Design||IISc Bangalore|
|M.Des in Industrial design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, Ph.D. in Design||IIT Bombay|
|M.Des in Industrial Design||IIT Delhi|
|M.Des in Design, Ph.D. in Design||IIT Guwahati|
|M.Des in Visual Design, Ph.D. in Design||IIT Hyderabad|
|M.Des in Product Design, Visual Design||IIITDM Jabalpur|
|M.Des in Design, Ph.D. in Design||IIT Kanpur|
CEED 2022 Exam Date
The exam dates have been released by IIT, Bombay, the conducting authority. The candidates can find the official notification on the official website and the application process will commence from Sep 9, 2021. The particulars have been updated in this section.
|Online CEED 2022 Application Form with a regular fee - Start Date||Sep 9, 2021|
|Online CEED 2022 Application Form with a regular fee - End Date (Extended)||Oct 31, 2021|
|Admit Card Date||Jan 8, 2022|
|The last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit Card||Jan 14, 2022 (till 5:00 pm)|
|Activation of Mock Test Links||To be announced|
|Exam Date||Jan 23, 2022 (9:00 AM to 12:00 PM)|
|Release of draft answer key for part-A||Jan 25, 2022|
|Last date for sending comments of draft answer key for part-A||Jan 27, 2022 (till 5:00 pm|
|Release of the Final Key for part-A||Jan 31, 2022|
|Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A||Feb 10, 2022|
|Declaration of Results||Mar 8, 2022|
|Score Cards available for downloading||Mar 12, 2022|
|Last date for downloading Score Cards||Jun 14, 2022|
|Commencement of CEED 2022 Counselling process||To be announced|
Read More: CEED 2022 Exam Dates
CEED 2022 Eligibility
An aspirant of CEED 2022 has to satisfy the minimum required eligibility criteria to appear in an exam. The candidates should make sure that they should clear the CEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the exam, otherwise their application form would be rejected.
- Qualification: Candidates must have clearly passed a Diploma/ Degree/ Postgraduate degree Program of minimum 3 years (10 + 2 +3 level), or should be appearing for the final examination of a program by July 2022 or should have passed the GD Arts Diploma Program (10+5 level) by July 2022.
- Eligibility: Before applying for CEED 2022, candidates are advised to check whether they meet the minimum required eligibility criteria for admission to various institutes.
- Age: There is no age limit for CEED 2022 and candidates can appear for the exam any number of times.
Read More: CEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria
CEED 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for the CEED exam is given below:
Sections: According to CEED 2022 Syllabus, the question paper will be divided into 2 parts.
- Part A: Online objective paper consisting of topics in Visualization and Spatial Ability, Environmental and Social Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Language and Creativity, Observation and Design Sensitivity.
- Part B: It is an offline paper-based test that evaluates Drawing, Creativity, Communication, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
CEED 2022 Syllabus for Part A:
|Topic||Topics for Type of Questions that will be asked|
|Visualization& spatial ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test: understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships; knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.|
|Environmental and social awareness||General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture, and literature.|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||Ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information. Ability to weigh opinions, arguments, or solutions against appropriate criteria. Ability to check for hidden bias or hidden assumptions and whether evidence and argument support conclusions. Ability to use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question. Data Interpretation, brainteasers, and patterns.|
|Language and creativity||Ability to understand & use Standard English. Reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar like sentence structure & usage, use of tenses, verb patterns, articles, active and passive constructions, etc. & vocabulary skills. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options, and think out of the box.|
|Design thinking and problem-solving||Ability to use visual analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols. Ability to understand complexity, identify the problem, generate alternatives, evaluate options, and select solutions.|
|Observation and design sensitivity||Ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, people, situations, and events, and thinking critically about them. Applying attention to certain details, analyzing, reasoning, classifying, inferring, and predicting. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.|
CEED 2022 Syllabus for Part B:
|Topics||Ability Tested in CEED Exam|
|Drawing||Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.|
|Creativity||Ability to think out-of-the-box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.|
|Communication Skills||Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.|
|Analytical &Problem Solving Skills||Ability to understand user & context, knowledge of properties of materials & process & its proper use in design, originality of solutions, ability to create characters, plots & stories, etc.|
Read More: CEED 2022 Syllabus
CEED 2022 Preparation
Given below are a few tips and tricks to crack the CEED Exam with ease:
Improve your creativity skills
The candidate must read topics related to Interaction Designs and must also improve his/her Visual Communications skills. There are some good reference books available on these topics and candidates can purchase these books online through e-commerce websites. This exam checks the creative abilities of the candidate. So the candidate must try to answer these questions in a different and creative way. This will surely increase your chances of clearing the CEED Exam. You must make sure that you think out of the box while answering the same question.
Improve your 3D drawing skills
Improving your drawing skills is very much necessary for clearing the exam. Candidates should be able to imagine and draw a 3D model of the thing they want to present. The aspirants can try to improve their 3D skills by drawing common household items. The more you draw, the more you will learn about sketching 3D shapes which will help you in the preparation process.
Read Cartoon strips Daily
Also, a candidate must make it a habit that they should read cartoon strips daily online or in the newspaper as it improves the candidate’s ability to present his views in a storyboard format which impresses the evaluator.
Try to be more creative
For Part B, you should try to become more creative. The examiner might even look past some minor mistakes in sketching if your solution is creative enough. Some questions even have a note saying that marks will be awarded for creative and humorous solutions. Enhancing creativity is straightforward. First, think about a simple idea and then stretch it to its limits.
- Books: Candidates can refer to the books mentioned in the CEED 2022 Reference Books section for exam preparation referred by the authority.
- Study Guidance: Candidates can download CEED Previous Year Question Paper to get a clear understanding of the exam pattern.
Read More: CEED 2022 Reference Books
CEED 2022 Exam Pattern
This exam has its own exam pattern to follow that would help a candidate to do well in the exam and submit the paper on time. CEED 2022 Exam Pattern will explain the number of questions asked and marks distribution. Question Paper will consist of 2 sections- Part A and Part B.
- Part A contains objective-type questions (Multiple-Choice Questions, Multiple Select Questions, and Numerical Answer Questions).
- Part B consists of questions that are aimed at Testing Design, Drawing, and Writing Skills.
|Exam Mode||Part A- Computer Based Test; Part B- Offline|
|Number of Papers||2|
|Number of Sections||2|
|Question Paper Type||Part A- NAT, MSQ, MCQ; Part B- Drawing Based Questions|
|CEED 2022 Total Marks||Part A- 100; Part B- 100|
|Exam Duration||Paper A (1 Hour); Paper B (2 Hours)|
- Duration: The time duration of the CEED 2022 exam is a total of 3 hours (Part A - 1 hour + Part B - 2 hours).
- Mode: CEED 2022 will be conducted in online and offline mode.
Read More: CEED 2022 Exam Pattern
CEED 2022 Exam Centres
Common Entrance Examination for Design will be conducted in 24 test cities across India. A candidate can choose the test location as per feasibility. It can be chosen on preferences 1, 2, and 3. The CEED 2022 exam centres are listed in the table below:
Read More: CEED 2022 exam centres
CEED 2022 Application Form
The application form for CEED 2022 is available on the official website from Sep 9, 2021. The registration for CEED has been extended to Oct 31, 2021.
- The payment of the CEED 2022 Application Form can be done online using a Credit/ Debit Card or Net Banking. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- If the candidate failed to submit the form on the last date then, the late fee is applicable.
- Application Fees: Application Fees will be INR 3200 for all category candidates and INR 1600 for (SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women) candidates.
Note: There will be a late fee of INR 500 applicable to all candidates for registration who submitted their application form after the regular closing date of Oct 10, 2021.
Required documents for filling CEED 2022 Application Form
- The colored photograph which is recently clicked, and a scanned copy of signature (.jpg file).
- A scanned copy of the degree/diploma certificate is required if that course is completed. If a candidate does not have the certificate of final degree, upload a copy of its provisional certificate or the final year marks. If even that course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college or head of the department should be submitted.
- Candidates who belong to the OBC-NCL/SC/ST category have to submit valid category certificates issued by concerned authorities.
- Candidates belonging to the PwD category should produce a valid and real medical certificate.
- PwD candidates who need surplus time during the exam, need to upload a soft copy of the request letter.
- Candidates whose names are not matching the name on the degree/diploma certificate should submit a gazette notification, a marriage certificate, or scanned copies of the passport mentioning the change of name.
Note: The above-mentioned documents for the exam are to be uploaded as electronic files during the online procedure of CEED 2022 exam registration. Hard copies of these documents or any other documents will not be entertained.
Read More: CEED 2022 Application Form
CEED 2022 Admit Card
Candidates, after successfully submitting the application form, can download the admit card from the official website.
- Credentials: The candidate can download the hall ticket by entering the credentials such as application number, date of birth.
- Admission: The candidates need to preserve the CEED 2022 Admit Card till they get the admissions.
- Printout: Take a clear and colored printout of the admit card before coming to the exam centre.
Read More: CEED 2022 Admit Card
CEED 2022 Result
A few days after the exam is held and the answer key is out, IIT, Bombay announces the exam results.
- Scorecard: After the declaration of CEED 2022 Result, it will be available for a candidate to download on its official website i.e. ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Validity: The marks card will be valid for a time period of one year from the date of the announcement of the result.
- Merit List: The counselling process will start after preparing the merit list.
Read More: CEED 2022 Result
CEED 2022 Cut off
Once the result is announced, all affiliated institutes will release CEED 2022 cut off for admission into the designing program.
Factors that determine the cut off marks are given below.
- The difficulty level of questions.
- “Reservation Policy” for various categories in respective institutes.
- The total number of candidates appearing for the exam.
- Overall performance of the candidates who have written the exam.
- The total number of seats offered by all institutes.
- Marking scheme.
Read More: CEED 2022 cut off
CEED 2022 Counselling
Shortlisted candidates are on the CEED 2022 merit list will be eligible for counselling conducted by IIT Bombay after the declaration of result.
- Counselling Call Letter: For appearing in the Counselling of CEED 2022, qualified candidates must download the call letter received for the counselling process from its official webpage.
- Admission: After the allotment of seats, according to candidate's marks to their desired institutes, applicants will have to inform to the allotted college to finish the admission process.
Note: CEED 2022 results or marks do not guarantee admission to any college.
Read More: Counselling of CEED 2022
CEED 2022 Answer Key
Students can check the answer key via online mode only. The answer key includes all the answers to the questions in the question paper. As the exam gets completed, the answer key will be published on the official webpage soon by the concerned conducting authority.
Answer key helps students to check their answers and examine their marks secured in the online entrance examination.
How to download CEED 2022 Answer Key?
Following the steps are given below to easily download the CEED 2022 Answer Key:
- Step 1 - Head to the official Website ( www.ceed.iitb.ac.in )
- Step 2 - Locate and click on the ‘Portal’ tab.
- Step 3 - Locate and click on the ‘Provisional CEED Answer Key’
- Step 5 - The answer key will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6 - Download and take print out of the same for future reference.
CEED Important Instructions
Some important instructions regarding the exam are given below:
- Candidates can download their admit cards till the test day from the official website.
- Obtaining and providing help during the exam is not allowed.
- Candidates should report at least one hour before at the test location on the test day.
- Candidates are allowed to enter the hall before 30 minutes to the commencement of the exam.
- No discussion is permitted in the examination hall.
- Candidates who will have any barred item, his/her examination will be disqualified or cancelled.
- No electronic gadgets like calculators, mobile phones, bluetooth devices, digital watches are allowed in the examination hall.
- No other piece of paper is permitted in the examination room by the candidates.
Read More: CEED 2022 Answer Key
CEED Contact Details
In case, there is any confusion at any phase of the exam do not forget to contact its official conducting authorities. Their contact details are given below:
Address: Chairman JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2022
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Contact No: +91-22-25769093 / 9094 (Mon to Fri 09:30 – 17:30 hrs)
E-Mail Address: [email protected]
What is the CEED Exam?
The CEED exam is a nationwide design entrance exam for courses such as Master of Design and Ph.D. in Design for particular colleges. It is conducted by the IIT Bombay in the month of January every year.
What is the qualification needed to write the CEED Exam?
The candidates who wish to appear for the exam should have completed a degree/ diploma/ postgraduate degree Program of a minimum of 3 years (after 10+2 level). Candidates who are appearing for their final examination can also apply for the CEED exam.
What is the registration fee for applying for the exam?
The registration fee is different for different candidates. It is INR 1300 for all women candidates, INR 1300 for SC/ST/PwD candidates and INR 2600 for all other candidates.
Do we have to upload documents during the CEED registration process?
Yes. The candidates need to upload some scanned copies of the documents which include candidate\'s photograph, signature, degree (or equivalent) certificate, caste certificate (if applicable).
What is the CEED exam pattern?
The CEED exam consists of 2 phases, where Part A: computer-based screening test which evaluates visualization and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, observation and design sensitivity. Part B: evaluates drawing, creativity, communication skills and analytical and problem-solving skills