About Madras Christian College, Chennai:
The college has entered into the 178th year of glorious service to the Nation. Founded as a School in 1837 in the black town of Madras, the Institution was built and its character shaped by a host of Scottish missionaries such as Anderson and Miller, Hogg and Boyd. Many dedicated Indian teachers as well as generations of brilliant students contribute to its success story. Leaving their legacy behind are a galaxy of illustrious alumni like President Radhakrishnan. Such was the stature of the Institution that Gandhi (not yet Mahatma) chaired a student session in the college premises in George Town in 1916, while Billy Graham spoke in the famous Anderson Hall in Tambaram in 1956. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam former President of India participated in the 170th year celebrations in 2007, while the Vice President Dr. Hamid Ansari took part in the 175th year valedictory function.
- The candidate for admission is required to have at least cleared his/her 12thclass with minimum 50% of marks in aggregate from Higher Senior secondary.
- All SC/ST candidate should have 5% of relaxation.
- The candidate for admission is required to visit the official college website in order to complete the admission application process.
- The candidate for admission will then find the option of the admission procedure he/she should then select the given link and follow the given instructions.
- The candidate for admission is required to fill in all the necessary details that have been asked in order to complete the admission register process.
- The candidate for admission is should check the details that he/she have put in before submitting the admission application form.
- The admission selection procedure of the candidate will be based on their merit and the availability of the seats at the college.