IIT JAM 2023 application process began on Sep 7, 2022, on the official website, and the application window has been extended till Oct 14, 2022. IIT Guwahati will conduct IIT JAM 2023 exam on Feb 12, 2023, as a computer-based test. The exam will be conducted in two shifts for 7 subjects. The IIT JAM 2023 result will be declared on Mar 22, 2023. Candidates can find the detailed exam schedule in the article below.
The JAM 2023 scores will be likely used by 30 CFTIs including NITs, IISc, DIAT, IIEST, IISER, IIPE, JNCASR, SLIET to admit candidates in over 2300 seats. Keep reading this article to know more about the IIT JAM 2023. IIT JAM 2023 full-form is the Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Admission Test, a national level admission test conducted by any IIT institutes and the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. IIT JAM is conducted every year on a rotational basis by any Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore.
Latest Updates on IIT JAM
- Oct 12, 2022: IIT JAM 2022 application window has been extended till Oct 14, 2022. Read More
Table of Contents
- IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
- About IIT JAM
- IIT JAM 2023 Exam Dates
- IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility
- IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
- IIT JAM 2023 Exam Centres
- IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
- IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus
- IIT JAM 2023 Reference Books
- IIT JAM 2023 Answer Key
- IIT JAM 2023 Results
- IIT JAM 2023 Cut Off
- IIT JAM 2023 Counselling
- IIT JAM 2023 Contact Details
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
IIT JAM 2023 registration process began on Sep 7, 2022, and the last date of registration has been extended till Oct 14, 2022. Candidates must read and understand the instructions and information before filling up the Application Form. The application form should be correctly filled out (details should be accurate and free from any form of forgery) before submission.
Documents Required for IIT JAM 2023 Application
Candidates must check the necessary documents required for various categories mentioned below. Candidates should make sure to submit all the below-given documents at the time of the application process.
- Date of Birth etc.
- Passport Information(optional)
- Aadhar card/Voters ID (Valid ID)
- Scanned Photograph
- Pwd and Category Certificate
- Class X Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
Candidates are required to provide proof of successful payment details.
Application Fee Structure
IIT JAM 2023 application form was released on Sep 7, 2022, and the deadline for submission has been extended till Oct 14, 2022. On Sunday, Feb 12, 2023 the test will be held in 2 sessions in over 100 places throughout India. The result of IIT JAM 2023 will be announced on Mar 22, 2022.
Aspirants can make IIT JAM 2023 exam payments through Netbanking, Debit card, or Credit Card mode. Candidates can also pay offline through E-Challan SBI mode done via the State Bank of India.
The fee structure varies depending on various factors (category). Candidates are, therefore, requested to refer to the table below for the fee system for their category certificate and test paper choice.
|Category/Group||Test Paper I or II||Test Paper I and II|
|General and Other Backward Caste (OBC)||INR 1500||INR 1050|
|Females (All Categories)/Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribes (ST)/People with Disabilities (PwD)||INR 750||INR 2100|
About IIT JAM
IIT JAM 2023 full-form is the Indian Institute of Technology - Joint Admission Test, a national level admission test conducted by any IIT institutes and the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. IIT JAM is conducted every year on a rotational basis by any Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and the Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore. IITs and IISc are high-class Institutions whose fame is known by many across the globe due to the quality structure of the syllabus they follow and the well-organized education system given to the students.
Applicants can get admission to Master of Science programs (M.Sc), joint PhD dual degree programs, and other postgraduate programs. Foreigners can also be allowed to register for this exam only when he/she, is deemed eligible based on certain conditions.
Detailed information on the IIT JAM 2023 Exam and associated events is given below in the following table.
|Exam Name||IIT JAM|
|Full Form||Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Exam||Online/Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Types of Questions||
|No. of Sections||3 Sections (Sections A, Section B, Section C)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Mode of Exam||English|
|IIT JAM Official Website||www.jam.iitr.ac.in|
IIT JAM 2023 Participating Institutes and Courses Offered
Candidates should go through the IIT JAM 2023 Participating Institutes and the Courses Offered for an idea about where and how they can study and plan accordingly to get into one of the institutions, based on their vicinity or interest. They can check for their desired courses being offered and choose their institution, which will be available based on their cut off marks.
The table shows the IIT JAM College list and the various Postgraduate (PG) courses offered at their campus across India:
|IIT Bhubaneswar||Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programs in: (i) Chemistry, (ii) Geology, (iii) Mathematics, (iv) Physics, and (v) Atmosphere and Ocean Sciences|
|IIT Bombay||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in: (i) Applied Geology, (ii) Applied Geophysics, (iii) Applied Statistics and Informatics, (iv) Biotechnology, (v) Chemistry, (vi) Mathematics, and (vii) PhysicsM.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programmes in (i) Environmental Science and Engineering, (ii) Operations Research,|
|IIT Delhi||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, and (iii) Physics|
|IIT Dhanbad||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics and Computing, (iii) Physics, and Three Year Master in Science (M.Sc. [Tech]) in (i) Applied Geology, and (ii) Applied Geophysics|
|IIT Gandhinagar||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, and (iii) Physics|
|IIT Guwahati||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics and Computing, and (iii) Physics|
|IIT Hyderabad||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics/ Mathematics and Computing, and (iii) Physics|
|IIT Indore||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, (iii) Physics, (iv) Astronomy, and (v) Biotechnology with an option to convert it to M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual degree program during the second semester.|
|IIT Jodhpur||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, and (iii) Physics|
|IIT Kanpur||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, (iii) Physics, and (iv) StatisticsM.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree Programmes in Physics|
|IIT Kharagpur||Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Geology, (iii) Geophysics, (iv) Mathematics, and (v) Physics|
|IIT Madras||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, and (iii) Physics|
|IIT Patna||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, and (iii) Physics|
|IIT Roorkee||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programmes in (i) Applied Geology, (ii) Biotechnology, (iii) Chemistry, (iv) Economics, (v) Mathematics, and (vi) Physics|
|IIT Ropar||Two-year Master of Science (M.Sc.) Programs in (i) Chemistry, (ii) Mathematics, and (iii) Physics|
|IISc Bangalore||Integrated Ph.D. Programs in (i) Biological Science, (ii) Chemical Science, (iii) Mathematical Science, and (iv) Physical Science|
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Dates
IIT JAM 2023 examination will be conducted on Feb 12, 2023, as declared by IIT Guwahati. The online application form registration began on Sep 7, 2022, and will end on Oct 14, 2022. The examination aims to fill over 2300 seats across 30 CFTIs including NITs, IISc, DIAT, IIEST, IISER, IIPE, JNCASR, SLIET. The result of the examination will be declared on Mar 22, 2023.
|IIT JAM 2023 Exam Date||Feb 12, 2023|
|Online Application Start Date||Sep 7, 2022|
|Online Application Last Date||Oct 14, 2022 (Extended)|
|Admit Card||To Be Announced|
|Result Date||Mar 22, 2023|
|Online Application for Admission||Apr 11 - May 25, 2023|
Read More: IIT JAM Important Dates 2023
IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility
Candidates applying for IIT JAM 2023 exams must hold a degree certificate from a reputed, certified University or Institution before beginning their application process. Candidates should be able to write and read in English since the mode of IIT JAM 2023 would be in English. Candidates must have minimum aggregate marks mentioned in the table below.
|General and Other Backward Caste (OBC)||PASS Percentage|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes and Persons With Disabilities (PwD)||PASS Percentage|
All admitted candidates must go through the medical examination and must get a physical fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner as part of the final process.
- The candidate has to check whether he is eligible or not eligible.
- Admitting Institute has the right to cancel the admission of a candidate who gets admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled. The following situation will happen only when the candidate is unqualified or ineligible by the rules and regulations.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
IIT JAM 2023 Registration
Registration for the IIT JAM 2023 Exam can only be done online through the Institute's website or can be done directly through the JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) official website via the internet. Candidates must follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Candidates must fill in their details (which consist of the candidate's name, email id, password, and valid mobile number) as requested on the form from the website details should be accurate and free from any form of forgery.
- After a candidate registers successfully, candidates will get login credentials which later would be used by a candidate to access the JOAPS page to continue for the final phase of the application process.
- After logging in with the given credentials, candidates will get directed to the application form, where candidates are requested to provide accurate and error-free information. No data should get tampered with the wrong information else will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- Required documents (current photograph, signature, category certificate (if applicable), PwD certificate (if applicable), etc.) are needed to be uploaded by a candidate in the given portal as shown on the screen. Check the document specifications in the table mentioned below.
|Documents to be Upload||Resolution (cm)||Size||Format|
|Photograph||3.5 width * 4.5 height||5 kb to 200 kb||jpg/jpeg or pdf|
|Signature||7 width * 2 height||5 kb to 100 kb||jpg/jpeg or pdf|
- Payments can only be made online through (debit card/credit card/Net banking) and E-Challan via State Bank of India (SBI). Candidates aspiring for IIT JAM 2023 should take note of these two methods.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card is available on the JOAPS website (candidates can access the admit cards on the website of the in-charge Institute or the conducting authority - IIT Roorkee) online.
Candidates should use the given credentials (the enrollment id and password) to log in to gain access to their admit cards and take printouts of the same, which would also serve as the exam hall ticket for the candidate.
IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card should be in good shape and condition when presented for the exam or future use. Therefore, students must keep it in a safe place.
Since candidates are solely responsible for any error on their admit card during the exam day, to avoid any discomfort or future problem, candidates are requested to cross-check the various given pieces of information on the admit card before taking a printout.
Any discrepancy found on the card should be alerted to the conducting authority, the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, for quick rectification to avoid any future hindrances.
How to Download the IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card?
Following is the stepwise procedure for downloading the IIT JAM 2023 admit card mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit the IIT JAM official website.
- Step 2: Click on the tab for Admit Cards under JOAPS
- Step 3: Enter login credentials
- Step 4: After submitting, go to the box for declaration
- Step 5: Click on the download tab for the IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
- Step 6: Download and print the admit card.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Admit Card
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Centres
Candidates must choose a convenient exam center before application form submission. Aspirants can find the exam centers on the admit card.
IIT JAM 2023 will get conducted in 66 different cities across India as per the zones or state local Technology (IITs). Candidaationstes must choose three cities (considering transportation and other crucial factors) when filling out the IIT JAM 2023 Application Form.
The zone(s) given can only be changed or rectified when a request application is sent to the conducting authority IIT Roorkee together with a Demand Draft of INR 500 from any Nationalised bank, stating reasons for exam center changes.
Exam centers can get hanged by the authorities when the exam center/zones in the selected city fail to meet the targetted number of registered candidates. The venue will get dropped from the final list, and the candidates will be allotted the city of their second or third choice as per the selection rules.
- JAM 2023 Committee reserves the right to add a new city or remove an existing one because of operational constraints.
- In such situations, the IIT JAM 2023 committee would give a particular test city that may not be any one of the choices stated by the candidate.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Exam Centres
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
IIT JAM is a Computer Based Test (CBT) conducted online by the in-charge or conducting authority of the Institute throughout various certified centres across the country. Calculators, electronic pagers, and other mathematical gadgets in the exam are restricted.
Both sections (Sections A, B, and C) carry 60 questions of 100 marks. Section A comprises 30 questions with negative markings, and Section B and C both do not have negative markings and have 10 and 20 questions each.
The exam gets written in two different sessions: From 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM for the first session and from 2.30 PM to 5.30 PM for the second session. The table below shows the various sections in detail with their specific timings.
|Session||Time||Test Paper & Code|
|I||09:30 AM to 12:30 PM||Biological Sciences, Mathematics, and Physics.|
|II||02:30 PM to 05:30 PM||Biotechnology, Chemistry, Geology, and Mathematical Statistics.|
IIT JAM 2023 questions will be in three formats, Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and the Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. Candidates will get one mark for one mark question, one-third of marks (1/3) will get deducted for a wrong answer, and two for two marks question, whereas two-thirds (2/3) marks would get deducted for a wrong answer. Therefore, candidates are requested to be sure when answering the questions. For unattempted questions, there will be no deductions. Candidates should finish the exams within 3 hours.
- Multiple Choice Question (MCQ): Only one of the answers is correct out of the given answers.
- Multiple Select Questions (MSQ): There could be multiple correct answers.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT): Candidates must enter the appropriate number.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus
Knowing the syllabus for a particular exam helps a candidate to prepare strategically. The IIT JAM 2023 syllabus gives insight for the candidates concerning the type of questions asked with their distribution in the question paper. IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus has an authentic set of courses selected as a part of the syllabus during the past years.
Below are most of the associated topics that usually appear in the IIT JAM exam, which candidates must practice regularly.
- Biotechnology (BT): The biotechnology test paper comprises Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. The syllabus will be of graduation level.
- Chemistry (CH): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry.
- Geology (GG): Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology.
- Mathematics (MA): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis.
- Mathematical Statistics (MS): Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises Mathematics and Statistics. Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses.
- Physics (PH): Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Solid State Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Devices and Electronics, and Simple Oscillators.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus
IIT JAM 2023 Reference Books
The candidates need to go through and prepare from the IIT JAM 2023 Reference Books. Candidates can prepare and score better accordingly since it helps them understand the topics and questions better. Check the books according to the subjects mentioned below.
Chemistry Reference Books
- Theory of Gases - by Peter W. Atkins
- Solid State
- Basic Mathematical Concept
- Analytical Chemistry
- Bio-inorganic Chemistry
- Instrumental Method of Analysis
- Organic Reaction Mechanism and Synthetic Applications
Mathematics Reference Books
- Integral and Vector Calculus
- G.F. Simmons - Differential Equations
- Analysis of Real aspects
Physics Reference Books
- Physical science - Mathematical methods
- Vector analysis
- Quantum and Nuclear Physics
- Fundamentals of Electronics and Digital aspects
- EDC theory
- Electro and thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Waves
- Magnetism and Electricity
Biotechnology Reference Books
- Biology at the Cellular level
- Molecular-level Biology
- Physiology - Plant and Animal
IIT JAM 2023 Preparation
To come out as a victor in IIT JAM 2023 good preparation is essential. Candidates can go through the few listed tips for help. Knowing and implementing strategies and methods help secure very high scores in the IIT JAM 2023 Exam. These tips are helpful only if the candidate is eligible and has undergone various processes to attempt the exam.
- Candidates must take note of the IIT JAM 2023 Dates.
- A prepared mind has a dedicated mindset for victory. Candidates should begin the exam with a good state of mind.
- Candidates must schedule or their errands to meet the required dates before the exam to avoid any discomfort or hassle. Candidates must prepare a proper timetable/schedule to follow and learn effectively without deviating from the preparation track.
- Candidates should make a personal timetable based on the (IIT JAM 2023) Syllabus, Exam Pattern, and Important Dates.
- Waking up early to prep is highly recommended for candidates, as one will have a fresh mind in the morning.
- Candidates must give less time to social media and focus on IIT JAM 2023 syllabus.
- Candidates must practice previous papers to become familiar with the question types, likely to be repeated in future exams (like IIT JAM 2023). When solving past questions, give yourself a minimum time duration compared to the IIT JAM 2023 Exam. Aspirants solving more previous question papers and sample question papers have higher chances of scoring well.
- Have a balanced diet as you stay fit, giving yourself some break times as you relax and refresh your mind by memorizing what you've studied.
- Forbid unnecessary time with friends.
- Prepare two weeks before the exam date to revise what you have studied. Candidates are requested to begin their studies before the IIT JAM 2023 Exam month.
- Stay Healthy.
- Candidates should be on time for the exam during the exam date.
- Candidates must attempt all the known and familiar questions before attending to the questions that are unfamiliar and unknown. Candidates can secure scores within minimal time utilization, and the rest of the questions can be answered or attempted in the remaining time.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Reference Books
IIT JAM 2023 Answer Key
The IIT JAM 2023 Answer Key is an essential aspect of the exam with which the candidates can check and predict their scores. Aspirants can compare the answers through the answer keys before the release of the results. The answer key for the IIT JAM 2023 is released shortly after the conduction of the exam. The candidates need to check the answer key after their release.
|Question Paper||Answer Key|
|Biotechnology (BT)||Click Here|
|Chemistry (CY)||Click Here|
|Geology (GG)||Click Here|
|Mathematics (MA)||Click Here|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Click Here|
|Physics (PH)||Click Here|
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Answer Key
IIT JAM 2023 Result
IIT JAM 2023 result will be released on Mar 22, 2023, according to the official website. Candidates are advised to log in with their credentials to view their results.
Candidates who will appear for the exam can check their results by logging in to the JOAPS portal using their login credentials. IIT JAM results in the form of a merit list will be released containing the All India Ranks, marks, candidate's name, category, and the qualifying status of the candidates. Only qualified candidates can access their scorecards at the JOAPS portal. The last date for downloading the scorecard will be notified soon by the authorities.
Candidates who will qualify for the IIT JAM 2023 exam can fill out the admission form, which will be available online. Candidates must keep the JAM Scorecard with them at the time of the admission process.
How to Check the IIT JAM 2023 Result?
The result for the IIT JAM 2023 exam will be declared on Mar 22, 2023, on the official website. Candidates can login with their registered credentials to view their results.
Candidates can check the steps given below for checking the IIT JAM Result 2023.
- Step 1: Go to the official webpage of IIT JAM 2023.
- Step 2: Click on IIT JAM 2023 Result portal.
- Step 3: Enter credentials asked- JOAPS enrollment/email id & password.
- Step 4: Click on the submit button.
- Step 5: Print the IIT JAM 2023 result and keep it secure for future reference.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Result
IIT JAM 2023 Cut Off
IIT JAM 2023 cut off will provide candidates with their course and its cut off marks for admission. Factors like this cut off trend, number of outstanding and non-outstanding scorers from the tests, difficulty of the exam, seat availability, and total number of candidates would contribute to the determination of IIT JAM 2023 cut off marks.
Candidates will be able to check the cut off of IIT JAM which is the minimum mark required for each subject to be eligible for admissions for M.Sc programs in IITs and IISc.
Read More: IIT JAM 2023 Cut Off
IIT JAM 2023 Counselling
IIT JAM 2023 online application for admission will start from Apr 11, 2023. The last date for the candidates to register for admission online is Apr 25, 2023. Candidates can register for the online application for admission from the official website. The conducting body will release the schedule for the IIT JAM 2023 counselling.
Outstanding candidates (candidates who cleared the cut off) will appear for counselling at their desired institute (IITs or IISc). Candidates who will pass the cut off stage must register online (JOAPS official website or through the concerned Institute official website) to appear for the IIT JAM 2023 counselling.
The candidates belonging to the general and OBC categories need to pay INR 1500 for their applications while SC, ST, and PWD candidates need to pay INR 750.
IIT JAM 2023 Counselling Schedule
The detailed schedule for the IIT JAM 2023 counselling is tabulated below.
|IIT JAM 2023 Admission Form Release Date||Apr 11, 2023|
|Last Date to Submit IIT JAM 2023 Admission Form||Apr 25, 2023|
|IIT JAM 2023 Admission List 1 Release Date||Jun 2023|
|IIT JAM 2023 Admission List 2 Release Date||Jun 2023|
|IIT JAM 2023 Admission List 3 Release Date||Jun 2023|
|IIT JAM 2023 Admission List 4 Release Date||Jul 2023|
IIT JAM 2023 Admission Procedure
The options for the admission process for IIT JAM 2023 are explained below.
- Accept and Freeze: By choosing the 'Accept and Freeze' option, the applicant accepts the offered seat and would not like to upgrade to their higher preferences, if any, in subsequent rounds (if applicable).
- Accept with Upgrade: By choosing the 'Accept with Upgrade' option, the applicant accepts offered seat and would like to upgrade to their higher preferences in subsequent rounds (if any).
- Reject and Quit: By choosing the 'Reject and Quit' option, the applicant rejects the offered seat and would not like to continue the IIT JAM admission process.
Read more: IIT JAM 2023 Counselling
IIT JAM 2023 Contact Details
Candidates can find the following details to enquire about the exam processes at the given time.
- Address: Indian Institute of Science, CV Raman Rd, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560012
- Phone No: +91-80-23600757, +91-80-22932444
- Email: [email protected]
- Help Desk Timing: Monday to Friday (Govt. working days only) 10.00 am to 12.00 noon, 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
Who will conduct IIT JAM 2023?
IIT JAM 2023 exam will be conducted by IIT Guwahati on behalf of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD).
Will there be negative marking in IIT JAM?
Yes, there will be negative marking for Section A but no negative marking in the Section B & Section C, No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
Is there any age limit for IIT JAM?
There is no age limits to appearing for IIT JAM exam.
What are the subjects in IIT JAM?
There are seven objective-type test papers in IIT JAM: Chemistry (CY), Physics (PH), Mathematics (MA), Geology (GG), Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Biotechnology (BT).
What is the benefit of IIT JAM?
Advantage of IIT JAM Exam: It is a national level entrance exam conducted by IISC or IITs on a rotational basis. IIT JAM exam is conducted for candidates those who want to seek admission in Master degree or integrated MSc PhD programmes offered by IIT and IISC.