Looking forward to doing B. Design in reputed institutions like IITs? Indian Institute of Technology Bombay conducts an entrance called UCEED Exam. This exam was conducted on January 18, 2020 and its result is accepted by 15 other top colleges in India.
Latest Update: UCEED 2020 result has been declared. Go to the result section to view and download the scorecard. The exam was conducted on January 18, 2020. UCEED 2020 final answer key has been released on February 4, 2020.
UCEED 2020 Cutoff has been declared by IIT Bombay on March 23, 2020.
***UCEED 2020 Cutoff has been released!!!***
- What is UCEED?
- UCEED 2020 Exam Date
- UCEED 2020 Eligibility
- UCEED 2020 Syllabus
- UCEED 2020 Application Form
- UCEED 2020 Registration
- UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
- UCEED 2020 Admit Card
- UCEED 2020 Exam Centre
- UCEED 2020 Result
- UCEED 2020 Cutoff
- UCEED 2020 Paper Analysis
- UCEED 2020 Rank List
- UCEED Selection Process
- UCEED 2020 Counselling
- How to Prepare for UCEED?
- Guidelines for UCEED
- Related Exams
- UCEED 2020 FAQs
What is UCEED Exam?
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) is a National Level Entrance Examination that offer admission into the B.Des program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur and 15 other institutes which accept UCEED scores.
IIT Bombay has the complete rights for conducting UCEED 2020 and to decide about the rules of admissions and allotment of seats. The Course offered through UCEED 2020 is Bachelor of Design (B.Des). Students who have qualified Class 12th (or equivalent) in 2019 or appearing in 2020 in any stream (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities), are eligible to appear for UCEED 2020.
The validity of the UCEED 2020 score is for one academic year, and valid only for admission into the present academic year. The examination was conducted on January 18, 2020 in the morning session i.e. 10:00 AM to 01:00 PM. UCEED 2020 conducted in 24 cities across India and International Exam centre in Dubai as well.
|Name of the Examination||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Authority||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Date||January 18, 2020|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Marking Scheme||No Negative Marking for Section 1 and (-0.19) for Section 2 and (-1.32) for Section 3|
UCEED 2020 Exam Date
UCEED exam is conducted through online mode only. The application process was closed on October 9, 2019.
The official conducting authority has announced the UCEED 2020 Exam Dates. Below given are the dates of some of the important events related to the UCEED 2020 Exam.
|Availability of Application Form||October 9, 2019|
|Last date to submit the Application Form||November 15, 2019|
|Last Date for Online Registration with Late Fee||November 20, 2019|
|UCEED 2020 Admit Card release date||December 27, 2019|
|UCEED 2020 Exam Date||January 18, 2020|
|Release of Final Answer Key||February 4, 2020|
|Result Date||March 13, 2020|
|Application for B.Des Programme||June 8 to June 30, 2020|
|Seat Allotment Start Date||July 4, 2020|
UCEED 2020 Eligibility
Only candidates who satisfy the UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria can apply for the exam. Candidates should have qualified Class 12 (or equivalent) in 2019 or appearing in any stream (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities) to be eligible to appear for UCEED 2020
Candidate should have been born on or after October 1st, 1995, if belonging to OPEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1st, 1990, if belonging to the SC, ST or PWD category.
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times consecutively and UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admission in the corresponding academic year.
UCEED 2020 Syllabus
UCEED Syllabus is usually based on 6 topics: Visualization and Spatial Ability, Observation and Design Sensitivity, Environmental and Social Awareness, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Language and Creativity, and Design Thinking and Problem Solving respectively.
UCEED 2020 syllabus is based on 10+2 mode of education. It is important to understand the formation of questions from different subjects. As it is an exam for students from every stream (Arts, Commerce & Science), the UCEED 2020 Syllabus mainly covers topics which are common for design purposes and can be easily solved by all students.
UCEED 2020 Application Form
UCEED 2020 Application Form was available on the official website of conducting authority from October 9, 2019 and the last date to submit the UCEED Application Form was November 15, 2019. A late fee of INR 500 applies to all candidates for registration done after that. November 20, 2019, is the late date to complete UCEED Registration with a late fee.
UCEED 2020 Application Fee is INR 3000 for all other candidates and INR 1500 for Female and SC/ST/PWD candidates. The registration fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
How to register for UCEED?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to register for UCEED 2020 Exam:
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the registration link.
- Step 2: Enter your Email ID and click on Register (An activation URL will be sent to the mail)
- Step 3: Fill all the details that are asked and click on Register.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to a page for the eligibility check. Enter the mobile number and verify it. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. (This is also to verify about PWD category)
- Step 5: Start filling the Application Form.
How to apply for UCEED 2020?
Candidates can follow steps given below to complete the UCEED 2020 Application Process of Exam:
- Step 1: Click on Fill the Registration Form button.
- Step 2: Enter Personal Details, Educational Qualification, and Exam Details.
- Step 3: Click on the Save button and check the details entered and then click on the Confirm button to Submit.
- Step 4: Upload the Documents that are asked and click on the Submit button.
- Step 5: Application Fee payment
- Step 6: Take a Printout of the Application Form.
UCEED 2020 Application Fee
|Registration Fee for Examination Centres in India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1500|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1500|
|All Other Candidates||INR 3000|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 200|
|Candidates from non-SAARC countries||USD 325|
|Registration Fee for Examination Centres outside India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||All Indian Nationals||USD 200|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidate from SAARC Countries||USD 200|
|Candidate from Non-SAARC Countries||USD 325|
|Note: Registration Fees Does Not Include service charges, processing fee, and any other changes|
Documents required to apply for UCEED
The following are the documents a candidate will need when he/she is applying for UCEED Exam:
- Marksheet of class 10 and 12
- Scanned image of Passport size photo
- Scanned image of Signature
- Caste Certificate
- PWD candidates will have to upload a request letter for Scribe/Compensatory time.
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern
The UCEED 2020 Exam is a computer-based online examination in English. The exam mainly consists of 3 sections Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions, Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) for a total of 300 marks. The paper will consist of two parts i.e. Part A and Part B. The candidate must take note of UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern so that they can prepare well for the exam.
Part A: Part A will consist of 3 sections i.e. Section I, II, & III with Total Marks of 240 and Time Duration is 2 hours 30 mins. Part A of the question paper will be administered through a Computer-based test.
Section I- NAT (Numeric Answer Type) consists of 18 questions that carry 4 marks each and no negative marking. For these questions, the answer will be a number that needs to be entered using a virtual keyword on the computer screen. No choices will be shown for these questions.
Section II- MSQ (Multiple Select Question) consists of 18 questions that carry 4 marks and (-) 0.19 for the wrong answer. Each MSQ has one or more correct answer(s) out of the given four choices.
Section III- MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) consists of 32 questions that carry 3 marks and for wrong answer (-) 0.71 mark will be deducted. Each MCQs has 4 choices out of which one will be the correct answer.
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Total Marks|
|Part-A (240 marks, 2 hours 30 mins)|
|Part-B (60 marks, 30 mins)|
|TOTAL (Part-A and Part-B combined): 300 MARKS|
UCEED 2020 Admit Card
UCEED Admit Card had been available on the official website from December 27, 2019.
Admit Card had the following details of the candidate such as Name, UCEED Registration ID, Roll Number for UCEED 2020, Photograph, Signature, Examination Schedule, Examination Centre details and instructions to candidates.
The candidates should carefully examine the fields in the UCEED 2020 Admit Card. If any discrepancies are found, then the Chairman JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED at IIT Bombay should be contacted before the specified date via email mentioned in the Registration Portal.
How to Download UCEED Admit Card?
The candidates who have successfully registered can follow the steps given below to download the UCEED Admit Card from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the Admit Card link
- Step 3: Login by entering Email ID and Password
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of the Admit Card
UCEED 2020 Exam Centres
The UCEED Exam is held in 24 cities across India and it is also conducted in Dubai. The candidates have to select 3 cities across India in their order of preference while filling the UCEED 2020 Application Form. But they are allotted only one out of the selected alternatives.
The UCEED conducting authority reserves all the rights to add a new city/town or remove an existing one and allot a city/town that may not be among any of the choices of a candidate.
International UCEED Exam Centre
The Candidates opting for Dubai as the UCEED 2020 Exam Centre should also compulsorily opt for 2 cities of their choice from 24 Indian cities. If the number of registrations is less than 25, then the Dubai Exam Centre may be dropped from the final list, and those candidates may be allotted a centre from the 2 Indian cities of their choice, in the order of preferences.
Documents Required on UCEED Exam Day
The following are the Documents that a candidate should carry to the UCEED Exam Hall:
- Admit Card
- Government ID Proof
UCEED 2020 Result
UCEED results have been released on March 13, 2020. The result will be shown in the form of a UCEED Rank List.
The Candidates need to use their User Login and Password (created during the registration process) for viewing UCEED 2020 Results on the webpage. The UCEED 2020 qualified students will be able to download their Scorecard. Obtaining a rank in UCEED 2020 does not guarantee admission to the B. Des program.
How to Download UCEED Result?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the UCEED Result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the Result link
- Step 3: Enter Email ID and Password to log in
- Step 4: Download and take a Printout of UCEED Result
UCEED Cut Off 2020
IIT Bombay has released the UCEED Cutoff 2020 for different sections. The cutoff is given below:
|Category||Part-A Section-wise Cut-off Marks||Part-A Total||Part-B Total||Minimum Total Marks|
UCEED Paper Analysis
Candidates who wrote UCEED 2020 felt that the paper was quite difficult with new pattern changes and it was on the lengthy side. Candidates felt that Section A, B, and C were easy. None of the questions asked in the exam was out of the syllabus. Counting surfaces, Font recognition, Craft identification, Completing the series and Visual Puzzles were the common questions. Candidates felt that it was quite difficult to complete the paper in the given time.
Following topics were covered in UCEED 2020:
- Questions on fonts, counting of shapes, puzzles were asked.
- Geometry was given some importance in UCEED 2020 and more emphasis was given on general knowledge like logos with importance to Indian art, culture, etc.
- A question was asked where the students have to arrange the artist Picasso’s self-portraits in chronological order.
UCEED Rank List
The UCEED 2020 Rank List will be prepared based on the total marks. The candidates who score minimum prescribed marks in each section and minimum total marks will be included in the Rank List.
If two candidates have scored the same total marks there will be tiebreaker policy used to award Rank. The policy used is stated below:
- The candidate who has scored the highest marks in Section B will be awarded a higher rank.
- If the previous policy does not break the tie Section A marks will be considered.
- If there exists a tie even after that, the candidates will be awarded the same Rank.
The minimum marks prescribed for each category is as follows:
|List||Min. Total Marks|
|Common Rank List||100|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||90|
|SC Rank List||50|
|ST Rank List||50|
|PWD Rank List||50|
UCEED 2020 Selection Process
The candidates whose names are in the Rank List will be called for the Counselling Process. Only the candidates who satisfy all the UCEED Eligibility Criteria will be given Admission to B. Des Course.
Available Seats for Academic Year 2020-21 for UCEED 2020
Admission to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, & IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam and the following table shows category wise distribution of available seats in 4 institutes.
Note: *PD reservations @ 5% (total 2 seats in all above programmes) will be horizontal (i.e. PD candidates will consume seats from their birth category quota)
UCEED 2020 Counselling
The UCEED Counselling will commence from July 4, 2020. Three rounds of seat allocation will be conducted. Seats will be allotted based on the applicant UCEED Rank, Category, and Choice of Institutes. You will not have an option to withdraw an accepted/allotted seat after the announcement of the last round of seat allocation in UCEED 2020 Counselling.
Admissions will be provided to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programs at IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Guwahati, IIITDM Jabalpur, and other participating institutes.
Below mentioned is the list of Institutes which accept the UCEED Scores:
|1||Vivekanand Global University, Jaipur|
|2||World University of Design, Delhi-NCR|
|3||Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar|
|4||Chitkara University, Punjab|
|5||U.P. Institute of Design Noida (An Institute of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow)|
|6||Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab|
|7||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun|
|8||VIT University, Vellore, TamilNadu|
|9||Srishti School of Art Design and Technology, Bengaluru|
|10||Delhi Technical University, Delhi|
|11||Anant National University, Ahmedabad|
|12||Nirma University, Ahmedabad|
|13||ARCH College of Design and Business, Jaipur|
|14||Khyati School of Design, Jaipur|
|15||MIT World Peace University, Pune|
How to Prepare for UCEED 2020?
The candidates who are aspiring to write UCEED can use the following important tips:
- Go through the Syllabus and start preparing according to the prescribed Syllabus.
- Though it is a Computer Based Test, questions based on drawings will be asked so be prepared with concepts related to drawings.
- Be prepared with basic concepts of Science, Maths, and Computer Science.
- Refer various reference books and previous year question papers to know about the types of questions asked.
- Plan your everyday activity to manage time.
- Prepare notes whenever you are studying and refer it later.
- Take mock tests frequently to assess your performance.
- For better result revise before the exam.
Guidelines for UCEED 2020
- Candidates must carry a printed copy of the downloaded Admit Card. Only those candidates having a valid Admit Card will be allowed inside the examination centre.
- The candidate’s identity will be verified by invigilators as well as the IIT representatives. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination. However, the authorities at their discretion may permit the candidate to appear for the examination after completing certain formalities. No extra time will be allowed for completing the examination instead of the time taken for completing these formalities.
- Impersonation in the examination is a serious offence which will thereby result in immediate disqualification of the candidate from UCEED, and lead to a criminal proceeding against the candidate.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to carry any electronic device (mobile phones, smartphones, digital/ smartwatches, calculators, tablets, etc.), abacus, slide rule, logbooks, study material of any type, geometry box, etc. to the Examination Hall. A list of forbidden items will be put up on the website before the exam if there are additional items.
- Candidates have to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the examination.
If there are any queries related to UCEED Exam, the candidates can contact the official conducting authority:
Address: Chairman, JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED 2020
IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076
Phone: +91-22-2576 4063/9093/9094
Email: [email protected]
UCEED 2020 FAQs
Q: When will the UCEED 2020 Exam be conducted?
Ans. The exam was conducted on January 18, 2020
Q: What is the UCEED 2020 Syllabus?
Ans. The following topics need to be prepared by candidates appearing for the examination:
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Observation and Design Sensitivity
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Language and Creativity
- Design thinking and Problem solving
Applicants can refer to the previous year's question papers to get familiar with the pattern and get a better understanding of topics to study.
Q: What is the stream of +2 education required to satisfy the UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria?
Ans. There are no specific requirements regarding the stream in which candidates have passed their +2 examination. Candidates from all streams (Science, Commerce, Arts, and Humanities) are equally eligible to take up the examination.
Q: Will there be any further rounds after UCEED 2020 to seek admission in B.Des program?
Ans. No, the scores obtained in UCEED Examination are the only selection criteria for seeking admission to B.Des program in IITB, IITG, IITH, and IIITDMJ.
Q: Is there any reservation provided for candidates who are foreign nationals or belonging to the NRI category to apply for fashion designing exams?
Ans. No, however, such candidates can appear for the examination if they satisfy all of the UCEED 2020 Eligibility Criteria.