ULSAT stands for UPES Law School Admission Test, an entrance examination conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies. This examination acts as a gateway for candidates seeking admissions into law courses offered by the university. ULSAT 2021 is conducted in Computer-Based Test mode, and the question paper is based on subjects such as Language Comprehension, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Logical Reasoning, Legal General Knowledge and Legal Aptitude. To know more about ULSAT 2021, read the complete article below.
- What is ULSAT?
- ULSAT 2021 Important Dates
- ULSAT 2021 Eligibility
- ULSAT 2021 Application Form
- ULSAT 2021 Application Process
- ULSAT 2021 Syllabus
- ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- ULSAT 2021 Admit Card
- ULSAT 2021 Exam Centres
- ULSAT 2021 Results
- ULSAT 2021 Counselling
- ULSAT Contact Details
What is the ULSAT?
UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) 2021 is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted for the admission of LLB and LLM. It’s an annual exam conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun. Through ULSAT, candidates take admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate law courses offered by the University. ULSAT 2021 will be conducted Online i.e, as a Computer-based Test (CBT).
The following table shows the ULSAT 2021 Highlights. Candidates can refer to the same for their references.
|Full Form||UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies(UPES), Dehradun|
|Courses||LLB and LLM|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode||Online- Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Duration||3 Hours or 180 Minutes|
ULSAT 2021 Exam Dates
The ULSAT examination, which provides a gateway for admission in various law courses by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, will be conducted through the online mode. The candidates appearing for the examination can check the ULSAT 2021 exam dates below.
|Application Window Start date||Now Available|
|Application Window End date||Aug 26, 2021|
|Release of the Admit Card||Available for download after slot booking|
|Start of the Exam||Aug 28, 2021|
|Declaration of the Results||To be notified|
|Counselling Date||To be notified|
The dates for LL.B admissions through Board Marks, CLAT or LSAT India score have been announced. The candidates with a valid score can apply for UPES Law University directly.
|Online Application Last Date||Aug 26, 2021|
|Last date to submit academic/ national exam scores||Aug 22, 2021|
|Result Announcement||Aug 24, 2021|
|Last date to submit admission fee||Aug 31, 2021|
- Admit Card: The candidates will be able to download the ULSAT 2021 admit card from the official website upes.ac.in , two weeks before the scheduled exam date.
- Examination: ULSAT 2021 will be conducted online i.e., Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
ULSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To take up any exam, there are minimum eligibility criteria defined by the conducting authority. In this regard, there are some criteria laid down for ULSAT 2021. Aspiring candidates must fulfill the criteria to attempt this entrance exam. The minimum criteria revolve around educational qualification, age limit and domicile details of the candidate. Candidates willing to take admissions into Law courses at UPES, Dehradun, must fulfill the ULSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria set by UPES.
For undergraduate law program:
- The candidates must have passed with a minimum of 50% in both 10+2 from a recognized Board of Education.
For Postgraduate program:
- The candidate must have passed with a minimum of 50% in 10th, 12th std
- Candidates must have an LLB Degree from a recognized Board of Education.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Eligibility.
ULSAT 2021 Application Form
The application form for ULSAT 2021 has been released. It is released on the official website and the official notification announcing the decided exam dates. The candidates interested in applying must check this page regularly to stay in the loop with all the latest events related to the ULSAT 2021 exam for LLM and LLB.
- Registration Fee: The Registration Fee is INR 1350 for Indian students and USD 50 for international students. Payment can be done online through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card or cash using bank e-challan.
- Documents to Upload: Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of a recently taken passport size photograph and signature
ULSAT 2021 Application Process
The candidates can visit the official website of UPES to fill the application form for ULSAT 2021. The institute has released the application form. The last date to fill the application form is Aug 26, 2021.
- Registration: Go to the Application Form page on the official website. Enter personal information like Name, UG or PG, course specialization, Email, Mobile Number, Country, State etc. and academic details like year of passing and passing percent of both 10th and 12th for registration purpose.
- Application Pathway: Then there is a choice of the "application pathway", which is based on whether you want to opt for ULSAT or opt-out of it, choose among Board Merit, CLAT Score or L-SAT India Score.
- Payment of Registration Fee: Candidates must pay the Registration Fee of INR 1350 for Indian students and USD 50 for international students, online Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card, or cash using bank e-challan.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Once the payment is done, validate your Academic Qualification to confirm your application. Then, download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form for future reference.
ULSAT 2021 Syllabus
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies conducts the ULSAT examination for candidates who wish to get admission in the various law courses offered by the institute. The syllabus will consist of topics from Language Comprehension, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Logical Reasoning, Legal General Knowledge and Legal Aptitude which will be of 10+2 level for undergraduates. The syllabus for ULSAT 2021 is given below.
- Language Comprehension: Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, One-word substitution, Spellings, Idioms, Phrases, Figures of speech, Legal terms.
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability: Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical Analysis, Analogy, Deductive Reasoning, Odd-Even Discretion, Series, Blood Relations, Agreement and Disagreement.
- Legal General Knowledge & Legal Aptitude: Torts, Vicarious Liability, Strict Liability, Law of Crimes, Contracts and Constitutional Law, International Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Syllabus.
ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates who wish to apply for the ULSAT 2021 examination are advised to go through the exam pattern. The exam pattern for ULSAT 2021 is given below.
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)|
|Total Marks||150 (1 mark per question)|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||+1 mark for every correct answer, No deduction for incorrect answers|
Based on the marks obtained in ULSAT 2021 examination, the students are called for Group Discussion & Interview. The final admission is based on performance in these three stages. Get more information about the ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern.
ULSAT 2021 Admit Card
The ULSAT admit card will be released on the official website. The candidates must download and take a printout of the document. Candidates must note that they will not be allowed to enter the exam venue without a hard copy of the ULSAT 2021 admit card.
- Admit Card: The students have to book the test centre, date and slot according to their convenience.
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card as soon as they complete the test booking.
- Students who have filled the application form offline can download the admit card from the official website.
Get more information about the ULSAT 2021 Admit card.
ULSAT 2021 Exam Centres
Along with the release of ULSAT 2021 application forms, the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies also releases the list of exam centres. For the year 2021, however, due to nation wide lockdowns and COVID-19 scare, the authorities have decided to conduct the exam online in home-based centres.
ULSAT 2021 Results
Students who have appeared for the ULSAT 2021 will be able to view their results on the official website of UPES, Dehradun. ULSAT 2021 Score Card and Rank will be declared on the official website a few weeks after the exam. To know the score and the rank, go to the UPES website and locate the result link.
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website. The result date for ULSAT 2021 is on or before June 24, 2021. Those who have qualified have to attend the interview and group discussion, dates of which will be intimated to candidates through email.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Results.
ULSAT 2021 Counselling
The counselling schedule will be announced after the ULSAT 2021 results are declared on the official website. The candidates who will clear the cut-off marks will be approached to participate in the counselling.
- Counselling: The counselling takes place in 2 sessions. Shortlisted candidates need to report to the counselling centre with the specified documents along with the fee amount.
- During counselling after document verification, the candidates must deposit the admission fee, which is the final step of the admission to confirm the seat.
ULSAT Contact Details
Address: Dehradun P.O. Bidholi Via - Prem Nagar Dehradun - 248007
Phone No.: +09557899090; +08410080040