ULSAT stands for UPES Law School Admission Test, which is an entrance examination conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies. This examination acts as a gateway for candidates who are seeking admissions into law courses offered by the university. ULSAT 2021 is conducted in Computer-Based Test mode, and the question paper is based on subjects such as Language Comprehension, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Logical Reasoning, Legal General Knowledge and Legal Aptitude. To know more about ULSAT 2021, read the complete article below.
- The last date to apply for ULSAT 2021 is June 10, 2021. The exam is scheduled to be held from June 15 to June 20, 2021.
- ULSAT 2021 Important Dates
- ULSAT 2021 Eligibility
- ULSAT 2021 Syllabus
- ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- ULSAT 2021 Application Form
- ULSAT 2021 Application Process
- ULSAT 2021 Exam Centres
- ULSAT 2021 Admit Card
- ULSAT 2021 Results
- ULSAT 2021 Counselling
- ULSAT Contact Details
ULSAT 2021 Introduction
UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (ULSAT) 2021 is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted for the admission of LLB and LLM. It's an annual exam conducted by the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun. Through ULSAT, candidates take admission into various undergraduate and postgraduate law courses offered by the University. ULSAT 2021 will be conducted Online i.e as a Computer-based Test (CBT).
ULSAT 2021 Highlights
The following table shows the ULSAT 2021 Highlights. Candidates can refer to the same for their references.
|Exam Name||UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Authority||University of Petroleum and Energy Studies(UPES), Dehradun|
|Courses||LLB and LLM|
|Category||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Mode||Online- Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|ULSAT Fee||INR 1850 (Indian Nationals) USD 75 (Foreigners)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Duration||3 Hours or 180 Minutes|
|Syllabus||10+2 Level for Undergraduates Graduate Level for Postgraduates|
ULSAT 2021 Exam Dates
The conducting authorities have not released the official dates for ULSAT 2021. However, the application process for the same has begun on December 16, 2020.
|Application Form Release Date (LLB and LLM)||December 16, 2020|
|Last Date for Application Form Submission||Jun 10, 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Application Fee||Jun 10, 2021|
|Application Form Correction Dates||To be announced|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|ULSAT 2021 Dates||Jun 15, 2021 - Jun 20, 2021|
|ULSAT 2021 Result Date||To be announced|
- Registration: The registration form will be released on the official website, along with the official notification stating all the dates of important ULSAT exam-related events.
- Admit Card: The candidates will be able to download the ULSAT 2021 admit card from the official website, two weeks before the scheduled exam date.
- Examination: ULSAT 2021 will be conducted online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The exam is likely to be held in the second week of March, 2021.
- Results: Results, cut off and the merit list will be released on the official website by April, 2021.
ULSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To take up any exam there are minimum eligibility criteria defined by the conducting authority. In this regard, there are some criteria laid down for ULSAT 2021. Aspiring candidates must fulfil the criteria to attempt this entrance exam. The minimum criteria revolve around Educational qualification, age limit and domicile details of the candidate. Candidates willing to take admissions into Law courses at UPES must fulfil the ULSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria as set by UPES.
For undergraduate law program:
- The candidates must have passed with a minimum of 50% in both 10+2 from a recognized Board of Education.
- The candidate must be born on or after 1st October 1997.
For Postgraduate program:
- The candidate must have passed with minimum of 50% in 10th, 12th std
- Candidates must have an LLB Degree from a recognized Board of Education.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Eligibility.
ULSAT 2021 Syllabus
- Syllabus: The syllabus will consist of topics from Language Comprehension, Quantitative & Numerical Ability, Logical Reasoning, Legal General Knowledge and Legal Aptitude which will be of 10+2 level for undergraduates.
- Language Comprehension: Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Synonyms, One-word substitution, Spellings, Idioms, Phrases, Figures of speech, Legal terms.
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability: Mental Ability and Logical/Mathematical Analysis, Analogy, Deductive Reasoning, Odd-Even Discretion, Series, Blood Relations, Agreement and Disagreement.
- Legal General Knowledge & Legal Aptitude: Torts, Vicarious Liability, Strict Liability, Law of Crimes, Contracts and Constitutional Law, International Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Legal Awareness covering Constitutional Law and Polity.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Syllabus.
ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode: ULSAT will be conducted online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT) on multiple dates which will be released by the official website.
- Question Type: The question paper will be Objective- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format.
- Sections: The ULSAT 2021 question paper will comprise of a single paper with 5 sections.
- Total Questions and Marks: The question paper comprises of 150 questions with a total of 150 marks.
- Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours/180 minutes.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for every correct answer and there is no deduction of marks for incorrect answers.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English.
- Based on the marks obtained in ULSAT the students are called for Group Discussion & Interview. The final admission is based on performance in these three stages.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Exam Pattern.
ULSAT 2021 Application Form
The application form for ULSAT 2021 has been released. It is released on the official website, i.e., www.upes.ac.in along with the official notification announcing the decided exam dates. The ULSAT application form was made available from Dec 16, 2020. The candidates interested in applying must check this page regularly to stay in the loop with all the latest events related to the ULSAT 2021 exam for LLM and LLB.
- Registration Fee: The Registration Fee is INR 1850 for Indian students and USD 75 for Foreign students. Payment can be done online through Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card or in cash using bank e-challan.
- Documents to Upload: Candidates have to upload the scanned copy of recently taken passport size photograph and signature.
ULSAT 2021 Application Process
- Registration: Go to the Application Form page on the official website. Enter personal information like Name, UG or PG, course specialization, Email, Mobile Number, Country, State etc. And academic details like year of passing and passing percent of both 10th and 12th for registration purpose.
- Application Pathway: Then there is a choice of the "application pathway", which is based on whether you want to opt for ULSAT or opt-out of it, choose among Board Merit, CLAT Score or L-SAT India Score.
- Payment of Registration Fee: Candidates must pay the Registration Fee of INR 1850 for Indian students and USD 75 for Foreign students, online Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card or in cash using bank e-challan.
- Print the Final Confirmation Page: Once the payment is done, validate your Academic Qualification to confirm your application. Then, download and take a printout of the final confirmation page of the Application Form for future reference.
ULSAT 2021 Exam Centres
- Exam Centre: The ULSAT is conducted in all major cities across the nation.
- Candidates must carry a valid id proof along with the Admit Card to the Exam Centre without fail.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Exam Centres.
ULSAT 2021 Admit Card
The ULSAT admit card will be released on the official website. The candidates must download and take a print out of the document. Candidates must note that they will not be allowed to enter the exam venue without a hard copy of the ULSAT admit card.
- Admit Card: The students have to book the test centre, date and slot according to their convenience.
- The candidates will be able to download the admit card as soon as they complete the test booking.
- For students who have filled the application form offline can download the admit card from the official website.
Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Admit card.
ULSAT 2021 Results
- Results: Results will be declared on the official website. The result date will be announced in the official notification of ULSAT 2021.
- Those who have qualified have to attend the interview and group discussion, dates of which will be intimated to candidates through email.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Results.
ULSAT 2021 Counselling
The counselling schedule will be announced after the ULSAT results are declared on the official website. The candidates who secure the cut off marks will be approached to participate in the counselling.
- Counselling: The counselling takes place in 2 sessions. Shortlisted candidates need to report to the counselling centre with the specified documents along with the fee amount.
- During counselling after document verification, the candidates must deposit the admission fee which is the final step of the admission to confirm the seat.
- Get more information about ULSAT 2021 Counselling.
ULSAT Contact Details
Address: Dehradun P.O. Bidholi Via - Prem Nagar Dehradun - 248007
Phone No.: +09557899090; +08410080040