AIIMS MBBS 2020 - Being the most competitive entrance exam for MBBS course, AIIMS 2020 will be held for admission to 1205 UG medical seats offered by 15 AIIMS institutes. Every year, more than 3 lakh aspirants register for this exam. With this level of competition, it becomes arduous for aspirants to crack AIIMS UG 2020 to grab MBBS seat. Therefore, if a candidate wishes to qualify the entrance exam, the preparation strategy should be effective that it must lead them for admission to most sought-after medical institutions-AIIMS.
***Admissions to AIIMS for MBBS in 2020 will be done through NEET 2020***
***NEET will be the only entrance exam for admissions into the AIIMS***
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi has announced the exam date 2020, which will be conducted on May 30 and 31, in online mode. For the better AIIMS MBBS 2020 preparations, it becomes crucial for students to understand the concepts and concentrate on exam pattern as well as syllabus. For AIIMS 2020 the syllabus of NEET 2020 will be applied. To know more about NEET 2020 click here. The NEET Exam is most likely to happen in the month of September and the commencement of a new session might happen around October 2020.
- What is AIIMS MBBS?
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Dates
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Syllabus
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Registration
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Centres
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Results
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Reservation
- AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips
- AIIMS MBBS 2020 Reference Books
- Contact Details
- Exam Guidelines
- Related Exams
What is AIIMS MBBS?
AIIMS stands for All India Institute of Medical Sciences. AIIMS Delhi conducts AIIMS MBBS 2020 for candidates who are aspiring to study MBBS in one of the 15 AIIMS spread across India. AIIMS Delhi was established under the Govt of India by an Act of Parliament of 1956. AIIMS is an autonomous institute of National Importance. AIIMS entrance test is a national level entrance exam and All India Insitute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi conducts AIIMS.
Students who take the MBBS Course in All India Institute of Medical Sciences will study for a minimum of five and a half academic years. Out of five and a half year, four and a half year will be academic study and another year will be for a compulsory internship. Candidates who write AIIMS MBBS 2020 will be able to get admissions into MBBS in one of the 15 AIIMS Institutes across the country. These 15 institutes are considered as the top priority colleges or tier 1 colleges in the field of medical science and physical-biology.
AIIMS Delhi, the conducting authority of the AIIMS MBBS 2020 follows a reservation policy. According to the reservation policy,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST),
- 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC) and
- 27% for Other Backward Classes (OBC).
- 5% reserved for Person with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) as per the provision of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 will be given.
AIIMS 2020 is responsible for the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the field of physical-biological sciences. More functions of them are in the field of dental and nursing education, innovations in education, research in medical and related fields, primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare, and also community-based teaching and research.
With respect to the postgraduate education offered by the institution, the main objective of AIIMS MBBS is to enhance training & research facilities for the teachers of the medical college in India. AIIMS MBBS students are exposed to new methods of medical teaching so that they could use them in future practices.
|Examination Type||National Level|
||1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer|
||Computer-based Test (Online Mode)|
|Examination Category||Under Graduate (UG)|
||English & Hindi|
||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)|
|Sessions||Morning & Afternoon|
|Examination Time (tentative)||Morning Session: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Afternoon Session: 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Dates
AIIMS MBBS candidates need to know the exam date along with other important dates. Some of the important dates are: Admit Card for AIIMS MBBS will be available from May 15, 2020 and candidates can download Admit Card from the official AIIMS website. List of candidates who will be qualified for online counselling to the MBBS course would be declared on June 16, 2020 and 2020 regular classes will start on 1st August 2020 whereas in AIIMS Delhi classes will start on 16th July 2020. Know more about AIIMS MBBS Exam Dates.
Note: The AIIMS MBBS dates mentioned are tentative and might be subjected to change once the official notification is out. So students must wait for the authentic announcement from the exam authority.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Eligibility
Candidates who are applying for AIIMS MBBS should be born after 2nd January 2003 (tentative) to be eligible to write the examination. Students can read the following to get more details about the AIIMS MBBS Eligibility.
To fulfil eligibility criteria, candidates should have to study English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and should have passed the 12th under Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science or an equivalent Exam of a recognized Board/University of any Indian State. Candidates who are applying for AIIMS MBBS should obtain minimum marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and biology and they are
- 60% for General and Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates
- 50% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Sceduled Tribe (ST)/People with Benchmark Disability candidates
Candidates who are from the grading system will have to use the conversion factor to check the eligibility in percentage. The conversion factor will be decided by there respective Board of Examination. Only the Percentage score will be considered and not the grades.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Syllabus
Generally, there is no official AIIMS MBBS Syllabus released by the AIIMS authority. However, AIIMS tests a candidate's knowledge and understanding in class XI and XII subjects. And prescribed AIIMS MBBS Syllabus is based on the 11th and 12th standard subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology). Candidates need to concentrate on the General Knowledge section also along with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. There is a total of 60 questions in each section of the AIIMS MBBS Exam with exception of Aptitude & Logical Thinking and General Knowledge which only has 10 questions. Given below are some of the important topics covered for the AIIMS MBBS Exam. To get into an AIIMS with good rank, it is highly advisable to go through with NEET Exam Pattern and Syllabus, also.
AIIMS MBBS Biology Syllabus:
- Human Health Diseases
- Mineral Nutrients
- Plant Water Relation
- Origin of Life
- Cell Division
- Cell Respiration
AIIMS MBBS Chemistry Syllabus:
- General Organic Chemistry
- Alkenes and Alkynes
- s-Block Elements
- p-Block Elements
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Transition Elements and Electrochemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
AIIMS MBBS Physics Syllabus:
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Optic Rays
- Wave Motion
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Laws of Motions
- Modern Physics
AIIMS MBBS General Knowledge Syllabus:
- History and Geography
- Awards and Prizes
- Books and Authors
AIIMS MBBS Aptitude and Logical Thinking Syllabus:
- Venn Diagrams
- Mirror Images
- Blood Relations
- Odd one out
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Registration
AIIMS releases online Application Form and candidates can fill in the Application Form Details and submit it before January 10, 2020. Candidates can start applying for AIIMS MBBS from November 25, 2019.
How to apply for AIIMS MBBS?
Steps to Online AIIMS MBBS Application Form are
- AIIMS MBBS Registration: Candidates should register themselves as a new user and fill out the form and submit it.
- AIIMS MBBS Qualification and Address Details: Candidates have to enter their qualification and address.
- Upload Documents: You will have to upload the required documents.
- AIIMS MBBS Exam Centre: Candidates will have to choose the AIIMS MBBS Exam Centre of their preference and convenience.
- AIIMS MBBS Payment Mode: Candidates can pay Application Form fees using credit/debit card or by net banking.
- Printout: Once your application form is completed, take a printout in A4 size sheets.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form
Candidates should be aware of various details of the AIIM MBBS Application Form and they are:
Candidates can fill the AIIMS MBBS examination form online. It is the responsibility of the candidate to fill the correct address, Mobile Number and Email Address in the Application Form. Candidates can pay their application fee through credit card/debit card or via Internet Banking. The registration process of 2020 is done online. No offline mode of payment is available for the candidates to pay for the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Fee. scanned copy of the latest passport size Photograph, left-hand thumb impression and signature must be in the same format of “Photograph.jpg” or “Photograph.jpeg” for the 2020 Application form.
Candidates are advised to enter all the details properly in the Application Form. There should not have any ambiguity while filling the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form. Details of documents that candidates have to upload during the online application are:
|Document||Description||File Size (KB)||Dimensions (cm)||Format|
|Photograph||Candidates recent colour photograph against a white background.||50 to 100||4.5 X 3.5||jpg/jpeg/png/gif|
|Signature||Candidates have to sign with black/blue pen||10 to 50||6 X 3||jpg/jpeg/png/gif|
|Thumb Impression||Candidates have to upload a file of their left thumb impression||10 to 50||4 X 3||jpg/jpeg/png/gif|
Documents required for AIIMS MBBS Application
Candidates should have the following documents and details ready while applying for AIIMS MBBS 2020.
- Name of the Qualifying Exam and Status.
- Name of the Board
- 12th standard roll number
- Name of the State
- Percentage of CGPA
- Scores Secured in 10th Standard.
- A recent photograph against a white background.
- Left thumb impression
- Permanent Address
- Pin Code
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates to know about the AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern. The Paper consists of only one paper with 200 questions. The exam duration of AIIMS MBBS 2020 is 3 hours and 30 minutes (210 minutes).
- Sections: AIIMS MBBS Exam consists of 4 sections. They are:
- Biology (Botany and Zoology), and
- General Knowledge & Aptitude.
Every section in AIIMS MBBS Paper will have 60 questions each whereas General Knowledge & Aptitude will have a total of 20 questions combined. General Knowledge section will have most of the questions from the news and government scheme. AIIMS MBBS Exam 2020 will be conducted in two shifts. The first shift will be between 9:00 AM. to 12:30 PM (tentative). i.e. Morning Shift whereas Second Shift will be between 3:00 PM. to 6:30 PM. (tentative) i.e. the Afternoon Shift. While filling the AIIMS MBBS application form, you will have an option to select the paper language as either English or Hindi. You are advised to choose the paper language of your preference and convenience.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card
Hall ticket for AIIMS MBBS 2020 will be issued on May 15, 2020. All India Institute of Medical Sciences will release AIIMS MBBS Admit Card on the official website. The candidates should log in by entering their application number and the password to download the AIIMS MBBS Hall Ticket for AIIMS MBBS 2020 examination. AIIMS MBBS 2020 Candidates will need to carry their original photo ID proof along with the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card. Keep the admit card with you in hard and soft copy both throughout the admission process.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Exam Centres
There are a total of 155 cities which has AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres which are spread across the country. Candidates should choose AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres during their application process. Once candidates have selected an exam centre, they cannot change it under any circumstances. So candidates should be careful while choosing their AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres. Test Centre list is given in the table below:
|Name of the State||Name of the City|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramullah|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro steel city|
|Mumbai/Thane/ Navi Mumbai|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Results
Candidates can check AIIMS MBBS Results from the official website of AIIMS. Candidates will not be informed by phone or any mode of communication regarding the result. AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result will be available on the All India Institute of Medical Science official website on June 16, 2020. Category wise cut off will be fixed every year by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. The AIIMS MBBS candidate needs to provide the details like Roll Number and password/date of birth to login.
Steps to check AIIMS MBBS Result
Step 1 : Go to the AIIMS Exam official Website
Step 2: Click on the result link
Step 3: Use your Roll Number and Date of Birth to login
Step 4: Result will appear, review it.
Step 5: Download your result/scorecard, and take a print.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling
After results are announced, eligible candidates will be called for AIIMS MBBS 2020 counselling. Details regarding AIIMS MBBS Counselling are:
It is mandatory to carry the original documents of the candidates. The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card is mandatory for the candidates to carry in the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling Process. AIIMS MBBS 2020 exam should be qualified by the candidates to go forward with the counselling process. The applicant will be selected by merit and interview/group discussion based on the pattern set by the AIIMS. Candidate needs to carry a Migration Certificate from the University/Board at the time of Counselling. Candidate needs to carry one set of self-attested copies of all the certificates at the time of AIIMS MBBS Counselling. It will be prudent for a candidate to upload their documents on the cloud storage or keep a soft copy on the mobile phone and make sure the quality of uploads is clear and have high pixels.
Important Note: The AIIMS MBBS counselling will also be a part of NEET Counselling, the AIIMS' will not have any extra guideline and involvement in the process. The AIIMS MBBS Counselling will be done on the basis of NEET Score and will be conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency).
AIIMS MBBS Seat Reservation
Reservation of Seats in AIIMS, New Delhi:
- For Indian Nationals, there are 100 seats and for Foreign Nationals there are 7 seats available for MBBS course admission. Out of these, for the Scheduled Castes (SC), there are a total of 15 seats available. The number of seats reserved for the Scheduled Tribes (ST) is 8, seats reserved for Other Backward Classes is 27, and seats for General Category for Indian Nationals is 50.
Reservation of Seats in Eight other AIIMS:
- There is an intake of 100 students in the eight new AIIMS (viz: Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh, Nagpur, and Guntur) and 50 students each in AIIMS Nagpur (Maharashtra) & for Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) the reservation policy for the Indian Nationals for ST, SC, and OBC is 7.5%, 15%, and 27% respectively.
- A 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) in AIIMS MBBS as per provision of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available. Subjected to Medical fitness by Medical board of the Institute.
- To avail the benefits of reservation for AIIMS MBBS 2020, a candidate is required to produce all the relevant certificates in the counselling and registration process.
|S.No||Location of AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||PWBD||Foreign*||Total||Remarks|
|1||New Delhi||50||27||15||08||5%||07*||107||5% PWBD
category basis will
be followed subject
to evaluation by
Medical Board of
AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips
AIIMS MBBS is a national level exam and the competition is really high. Candidates need to prepare well for the exam. Question will come from the basics of NCERT 11th and 12th class Chemistry, Physics and Biology syllabus. Candidates are advised to clear the basic concept and fundamentals. the AIIMS MBBS previous year exam paper will help to analyze the syllabus. So start preparing for the topic which generally appears in the exam. Firstly, candidates can refer to Physics, Chemistry and Biology NCERT books and then they can go to any other references. Check AIIMS MBBS Reference Books.
20 marks of General Knowledge question will be there in the exam. So it will be helpful if the candidates read the newspaper and current affairs daily. It's a good practice if the student appears for mock test multiple times. Before few months of exam start giving the mock test. Check AIIMS MBBS sample test papers.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Reference Books
AIIMS MBBS 2020 is a highly competitive exam, candidates require a lot of practice and comprehension to ace this exam. A reference book provides an understanding of concepts with more depth and is designed for a candidate to solve more and more questions. The following list of books will help you in preparation for AIIMS MBBS.
- O.P. Tandon (Physics, Chemistry)
- Pradeep (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- ABC (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- GR Bhatia for Biology
- AC Dutta for Botany
- Arihant Books for AIIMS MBBS
- Prakash Objective Biology
- Dinesh Books for Chemistry and Physics
- Aggrawal Concept Books for Competition Exams (Physics)
- HC Verma Books Volume 1 and Volume 2 (Concepts of Physics)
- 11th and 12th class NCERT Books of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
AIIMS MBBS Important Notice
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam is one of the most reputed entrance tests conducted every year by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) all over India. AIIMS MBBS examination is conducted for admissions to the MBBS course in the various AIIMS institutes. For AIIMS MBBS 2020, admissions will be conducted only on the basis of NEET 2020.
TheAIIMS MBBS test is the gateway to a flourishing career in medical sciences and successful admission in MBBS courses. The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form will be available online on the Official Website of AIIMS from November 25, 2019 to January 10, 2020. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences is a family of seven academic institutions offering various medical courses; MBBS, MD, MS, Nursing, Paramedical & Health Science.
There are very limited seats, only 672 in number, so the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the entrance test. Out of total 672 seats, 72 seats are covered by AIIMS-DELHI and the rest 600 seats are divided across 6 AIIMS Institutes across the country. The AIIMS conducts exams in more than 154 cities across the nation every year in the month of June. It is recorded that more than 3.5 lakh candidates will enrol in upcoming AIIMS-2020.
AIIMS MBBS Contact Details
|Address||Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 1100608|
|Our Location||Convergence Block,1st Floor [ Mon-Fri 9.30AM -5.00PM, Sat 9.30AM-1.00PM]|
|Telephone Numbers||91-11-26588500, 26588700, 26589900|
|Email-ID's||"Assitant controller of examinations" [email protected]|
|Fax Nos||91-11-26588663, 26588641|
Guidelines for AIIMS MBBS Exam
- The duration of the AIIMS MBBS 2020 examination shall be 3 and a half hours (Three hours and thirty minutes) i.e. 210 minutes.
- The AIIMS MBBS exam will be conducted in the two shifts, Morning Shift and Afternoon shift.
- The AIIMS MBBS Reporting Time for the 1st shift is 07:00 AM and for the 2nd shift is 01:00 PM.
- The Multiple Choice Based Online Entrance Examination, which was conducted by the AIIMS, New Delhi. All the candidates should appear for this AIIMS MBBS 2020.
- The timing and shift of the AIIMS MBBS examination and address of the examination centre will be communicated to the candidates through the AIIMS MBBS 2020 admit card.
- The candidate should carry their AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card and any ID proof for their identification to attend the exam. Else the candidates will not be allowed to attend the AIIMS MBBS 2020 examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the AIIMS MBBS examination hall before the end of 3½ hours.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without a valid AIIMS MBBS Admit Card (Original print out), ID proof and one photograph. The ID proof should be the same as the one mentioned in the Application.
AIIMS MBBS News
AIIMS 2019 Counselling Results for M.Sc Nursing first round are out. Check AIIMS MBBS 2019 1st round Counselling results for AIIMS Jodhpur, Rishikesh, New Delhi, Raipur and Bhubaneswar.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Results are out. AIIMS Official Website has released the list of eligible candidates for the 1st counselling round.