What is AIIMS MBBS?
AIIMS full form is All India Institute of Medical Sciences. AIIMS Delhi conducts AIIMS MBBS 2020 for candidates who are aspiring to study MBBS in one of the 15 AIIMS spread across India. AIIMS Delhi was established under the Govt of India by an Act of Parliament of 1956. AIIMS is an autonomous institute of National Importance.
AIIMS MBBS entrance test is a national level entrance exam and All India Insitute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi conducts AIIMS.
Course Duration: Students who take the MBBS Course is All India Institute of Medical Sciences will study for a minimum of five and a half academic years. Out of five and a half year, four and a half year will be academic study and another year will be a compulsory internship.
Allotment of seats: Candidates who write AIIMS 2020 will be able to get admissions into MBBS in one of the 15 AIIMS Institutes across the country. AIIMS Delhi will be offering 807 MBBS seats through AIIMS MBBS 2020.
Reservation Policy: AIIMS Delhi, the conducting authority of the AIIMS MBBS 2020 follows a reservation policy. According to the reservation policy,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe (ST),
- 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC) and
- 27% for Other Backward Classes (OBC).
- 5% reserved for Person with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) as per provision of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act 2016 will be given.
Departments: AIIMS 2020 is responsible for the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in the field of physical-biological sciences. More functions of them are in the field of dental and nursing education, innovations in educations, producing future medical practitioners for the country, research in medical and related fields, primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare and also community-based teaching and research.
Objective: With respect to the postgraduate education offered by the institution, the main objective is to enhance training & research facilities for the teachers of the medical college in India. Students are exposed to new methods of medical teaching so that they could use them in future practices.
|Overview of AIIMS MBBS 2020|
||AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam|
|Examination Type||National Level|
||1/3 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer|
||Computer-based Test (Online Mode)|
|Examination Category||Under Graduate (UG)|
||English & Hindi|
||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)|
|Sessions||Morning & Afternoon|
|Examination Time (tentative)||Morning Session: 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM|
|Afternoon Session: 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM|
- What is AIIMS MBBS?
- AIIMS MBBS Date
- AIIMS MBBS Eligibility
- AIIMS MBBS Syllabus
- AIIMS MBBS Registration
- AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern
- AIIMS MBBS Admit Card
- AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres
- AIIMS MBBS Results
- AIIMS MBBS Counselling
- Guidelines for AIIMS MBBS Exam
- AIIMS MBBS FAQs
AIIMS MBBS Date
Candidates need to know AIIMS MBBS Date along with other important dates. Some of the important dates are:
- Admit card: Admit Card for AIIMS MBBS will be available from 15th May 2020 and candidates can download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card from the official AIIMS website.
- Result Declaration: List of candidates who will be qualified for online counselling to the MBBS course would be declared on 18th June 2020.
- Regular Classes: AIIMS MBBS 2020 regular classes will start on 1st August 2020 whereas in AIIMS Delhi classes will start on 16th July 2020.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility
Candidates who are applying for AIIMS MBBS should be born after 2nd January 2003 (tentative) are not eligible to write AIIMS MBBS 2020 examination. Students can read the following to get more details about AIIMS MBBS eligibility criteria.
- Academic Qualification: For eligibility criteria, candidates have to study English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and should pass the 12th under Senior School Certificate Examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science or an equivalent Exam of a recognized Board /University of any Indian State.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates who are applying for AIIMS MBBS should obtain minimum marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and biology and they are
- 60% for General and Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates
- 50% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Sceduled Tribe (ST)/People with Benchmark Disability candidates
- Conversion Factor: AIIMS MBBS Candidates who are from the grading system will have to use the conversion factor to check the eligibility in percentage. The conversion factor will be decided by there respective Board of Examination. Only Percentage score will be considered and not the grades.
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus
AIIMS tests candidates knowledge and understanding in class XI and XII subjects. And prescribed AIIMS MBBS Syllabus is based on the 11th and 12th standard subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology).
Candidates need to concentrate on the General Knowledge section also along with the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
AIIMS MBBS Registration
AIIMS releases online AIIMS MBBS Application Form and candidates can fill in the AIIMS MBBS Application Form Details and submit it before 25th March 2020. Candidates can start applying for AIIMS MBBS from 30th November 2019.
How to apply for AIIMS MBBS?
Steps to fill AIIMS MBBS Online Application Form are:
- Registration: Candidates should register themselves as a new user and fill out the form and submit it.
- Qualification and Address Details: Candidates have to enter their qualification and address.
- Upload Documents: You will have to upload the required documents.
- Exam Centre: Candidates will have to choose the AIIMS MBBS Exam Centre of their preference and convenience.
- Payment Mode: Candidates can pay Application Form fees using credit/debit card or by net banking.
- Printout: Once your application form is completed, take a printout in A4 size sheets.
AIIMS MBBS Application Form Details
Candidates should be aware of various details of the AIIMS MBBS Application Form and they are:
- Online Registration: Candidates can fill the examination online. It is the responsibility of the candidate to fill the correct address, Mobile Number and Email Address in the AIIMS MBBS Application Form.
- Payment Method: Candidates can pay their application fee through credit card/debit card or via Internet Banking. The registration process of AIIMS MBBS 2020 is done online. No offline mode of payment is available for the candidates to pay for the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Fee.
- Documents: The scanned copy of the latest passport size Photograph, left-hand thumb impression and signature must be in the same format of “Photograph.jpg” or “Photograph.jpeg” for the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application form.
- Accurate Details: Candidates are advised to enter all the details properly in AIIMS MBBS Application Form. There should not have any ambiguity while filling the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form.
Details of documents that candidates have to upload during AIIMS MBBS online Application are:
|Document||Description||File Size (KB)||Dimensions (cm)||Format|
|Photograph||Candidates recent colour photograph against a white background.||50 to 100||4.5 X 3.5||jpg/jpeg/png/gif|
|Signature||Candidates have to sign with balck/blue pen||10 to 50||6 X 3||jpg/jpeg/png/gif|
|Thumb Impression||Candidates have to upload a file of their left thumb impression||10 to 50||4 X 3||jpg/jpeg/png/gif|
Documents required for AIIMS MBBS
Candidates should have the following documents and details ready while applying for AIIMS MBBS 2020.
- Name of the Qualifying Exam and Status.
- Name of the Board
- 12th standard roll number
- Name of the State
- Percentage of CGPA
- Scores Secured in 10th Standard.
- A recent photograph against a white background.
- Left thumb impression
- Permanent Address
- Pin Code
AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates to know about the AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern, since it aids in the exam planning and preparation. Details regarding exam pattern are:
- Total Questions: AIIMS MBBS Paper consists of only one paper with 200 questions. The exam duration of AIIMS MBBS 2020 is 3 hours and 30 minutes (210 minutes).
- Sections: Exam consists of 4 sections. They are:
- Biology (Botany and Zoology), and
- General Knowledge & Aptitude.
- Every section will have 60 questions each whereas General Knowledge & Aptitude will have a total of 20 questions combined. General Knowledge section will have most of the questions from the news and government scheme.
- Exam Shift: AIIMS MBBS Exam 2020 will be conducted in two shifts. The first shift will be between 9:00 AM. to 12:30 PM (tentative). i.e. Morning Shift whereas Second Shift will be between 3:00 PM. to 6:30 PM. (tentative) i.e. Afternoon Shift.
- Paper Language: While filling the application form, you will have an option to select the paper language as either English or Hindi. You are advised to choose the paper language of your preference and convenience.
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card
Hall ticket for AIIMS MBBS 2020 will be issued on 15th May 2020. All India Institute of Medical Sciences will release AIIMS MBBS Admit Card on the official website.
The candidates should log in by entering their application number and the password to download the AIIMS MBBS Hall Ticket for AIIMS MBBS 2020 examination.
Candidates will need to carry their original photo ID proof along with the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card.
AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres
There are a total of 155 cities which has AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres which are spread across the country. Candidates should choose AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres during their application process. Once candidates have selected an exam centre, they cannot change it under any circumstances. So candidates should be careful while choosing their AIIMS MBBS Exam Centres. AIIMS MBBS Exam Centre list is given in the table below:
|Name of the State||Name of the City|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Baramullah|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro steel city|
|Mumbai/Thane/ Navi Mumbai|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
AIIMS MBBS Results
Candidates can check AIIMS MBBS Results from the official website of AIIMS. Candidates will not be informed by phone or any mode of communication regarding the result. AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result will be available on the All India Institute of Medical Science official website on 18th June 2020.
Cut off: Category wise cut off will be fixed every year by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
Login Details: Candidate needs to provide the details like Roll Number and password/date of birth to login.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling
After results are announced, eligible candidates will be called for counselling. Details regarding AIIMS MBBS Counselling are:
- Documents: It is mandatory to carry the original documents of the candidates. The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card is mandatory for the candidates to carry in the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling Process.
- Criteria: AIIMS MBBS 2020 exam should be qualified by the candidates to go forward with the counselling process. The applicant will be selected by merit and interview/group discussion based on the pattern set by the AIIMS.
- Migration Certificate: Candidate needs to carry Migration Certificate from the University/Board at the time of Counselling.
- Self Attested Copies: Candidate needs to carry one set of self-attested copies of all the certificates at the time of Counselling.
AIIMS MBBS Seat Reservation
Reservation of Seats in AIIMS, New Delhi:
- For Indian Nationals, there are 100 seats and for Foreign Nationals there are 7 seats are available for MBBS course admission. Out of these, for the Scheduled Castes (SC), there are a total of 15 seats available. The number of seats reserved for the Scheduled Tribes (ST) is 8, seats reserved for Other Backward Classes is 27 and seats for General Category for Indian Nationals is 50.
Reservation of Seats in Eight other AIIMS:
- There is an intake of 100 students in the eight new AIIMS (viz: Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Patna, Raipur, Rishikesh, Nagpur, and Guntur) and 50 students each in AIIMS Nagpur (Maharashtra) & for Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) the reservation policy for the Indian Nationals for ST, SC, and OBC is 7.5%, 15%, and 27% respectively.
- A 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability (PWBD) as per provision of Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 shall be provided on horizontal basis, in the seats available. Subjected to Medical fitness by Medical board of the Institute
|S.No||Location of AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||PWBD||Foreign*||Total||Remarks|
|1||New Delhi||50||27||15||08||5%||07*||107|| 5% PWBD
category basis will
be followed subject
to evaluation by
Medical Board of
AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips
AIIMS MBBS is a national level exam and the competition is really high. Candidates need to prepare well for the exam. Here are some preparation tips for AIIMS MBBS:
- Basic Concepts: Question will come from the basics of NCERT 11th and 12th class Chemistry, Physics and Biology syllabus. Candidates are advised to clear the basic concept and fundamentals.
- Syllabus Knowledge: Previous year exam paper will help to analyze the syllabus. So start preparing for the topic which generally appears in the exam.
- References: Firstly, candidates can refer to Physics, Chemistry and Biology NCERT books and then they can go to any other references.
- General Knowledge Questions: 20 marks of General Knowledge question will be there in the exam. So it will be helpful if the candidates read the newspaper and current affairs daily.
- Mock Test: It's a good practice if the student appears for mock test multiple times. Before few months of exam start giving the mock test.
AIIMS MBBS Important Notice
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam is one of the most reputed entrance tests conducted every year by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) all over India. AIIMS MBBS examination is conducted for admissions to the MBBS course in the various AIIMS institutes.
Courses: The test is the gateway to a flourishing career in medical sciences and successful admission in MBBS courses. The AIIMS MBBS 2020 Application Form will be available online on the Official Website of AIIMS from 30th November 2019 to 25th March 2020. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences is a family of seven academic institutions offering various medical courses; MBBS, MD, MS, Nursing, Paramedical & Health Science.
There are very limited seats, only 672 in number, so the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the entrance test. Out of total 672 seats, 72 seats are covered by AIIMS-DELHI and the rest 600 seats are divided across 6 AIIMS Institutes across the country. The AIIMS conducts exams in more than 154 cities across the nation every year in the month of June. It is recorded that more than 3.5 lakh candidates will enroll in upcoming AIIMS-2020.
AIIMS MBBS Contact Details
|Address||Examination Section, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 1100608|
|Our Location||Convergence Block,1st Floor [ Mon-Fri 9.30AM -5.00PM, Sat 9.30AM-1.00PM]|
|Telephone Numbers||91-11-26588500, 26588700, 26589900|
|Email-ID's||"Assitant controller of examinations" firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fax Nos||91-11-26588663, 26588641|
Guidelines for AIIMS MBBS Exam
- The duration of the AIIMS MBBS 2020 examination shall be 3 and a half hours (Three hours and thirty minutes) i.e. 210 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in the two shifts, Morning Shift and Afternoon shift.
- The Reporting Time for the 1st shift is 07:00 AM and for the 2nd shift is 01:00 PM.
- The Multiple Choice Based Online Entrance Examination, which was conducted by the AIIMS, New Delhi. All the candidates should appear for this AIIMS MBBS 2020.
- The timing and shift of the examination and address of the examination centre will be communicated to the candidates through the AIIMS MBBS 2020 admit card.
- The candidate should carry their AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admit Card and any ID proof for their identification to attend the exam. Else the candidates will not be allowed to attend the AIIMS MBBS 2020 examination.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the examination hall before the end of 3½ hours.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without a valid Admit Card (Original print out), ID proof and one photograph. The ID proof should be the same as the one mentioned in the Application.
AIIMS MBBS FAQs
Q: Is it possible to check AIIMS MBBS application form status?
Ans. Yes, candidates can check the status on the official website by entering the registration number and password.
Q: What documents should be uploaded while filling the AIIMS MBBS application form?
Ans. Candidates should upload scanned copies of their recent photograph, signature and thumb impression while filling the AIIMS MBBS application form. Keep the size of the images between 10 KB to 100 KB.
Q: Can the name and other details be changed in AIIMS MBBS application form?
Ans. The candidates cannot change the following information after the payment of registration fees:
- Candidate’s name
- DOB (Date of birth)
- OPH status
- E-mail Id
- Mobile number
All the other information can be edited till the last date of the registration process.
Q: What is the minimum percentage criteria to apply for the exam?
Ans. General/OBC - 60% in PCBE
SC/ST - 50% aggregate in PCBE
Foreign Candidates - 50% aggregate in PCBE
Q: What is the syllabus for AIIMS MBBS 2020?
Ans. Candidates should prepare on 10+2 syllabus and exam will comprise of subjects like Chemistry, Physics, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude. Please refer to the detailed syllabus given in the syllabus section.
Q: What is the application fee?
Ans. The application fee for general and OBC candidates is Rs 1500/-, for SC/ST it is Rs 1200/- and PWD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
Q: Is there any age limit to apply for the exam?
Ans. No, there is no age limit to apply for the exam.
Q: Can I change the exam centre after the completion of the last date?
Ans. No, you cannot change the exam centre after submitting the application form.
Q: What is AIIMS exam?
Ans. AIIMS exam is an all India medical entrance exam conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS) under the ministry of health and family welfare.
Q: Do I have to specify the choice of AIIMS institutions during application filing?
Ans. No, a choice filling can be done during the counselling process.
Q: What documents are required at the time of the counselling process?
Ans. Since AIIMS MBBS Counselling is done online no documents will be required.
AIIMS MBBS News
AIIMS 2019 Counselling Results for M.Sc Nursing first round are out. Check AIIMS MBBS 2019 1st round Counselling results for AIIMS Jodhpur, Rishikesh, New Delhi, Raipur and Bhubaneswar.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 Results are out. AIIMS Official Website has released the list of eligible candidates for the 1st counselling round.