ARCH College of Design and Business conducts the All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED) for the Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in Design. ARCH College was established in the year 2000 under the management of Arch Educational Society. AIEED evaluates the creativity, sensitivity and aesthetic sense of Design to take admission into the college. This entrance examination also tests the logical reasoning and problem-solving aptitude of aspiring students. ARCH welcomes students for its UG and PG courses in Design through the AIEED 2021. To get more information about AIEED 2021, go through the full article given below.
- November 21, 2020: The registrations for the AIEED 2021 are being accepted from today onwards. Candidates have till December 21, 2020, to register for the examination. Visit the AIEED Application Form section for more details.
- What is AIEED?
- AIEED 2021 Exam Date
- AIEED 2021 Eligibility
- AIEED 2021 Syllabus
- AIEED 2021 Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for the AIEED 2021 Exam?
- AIEED 2021 Application Form
- AIEED 2021 Admit Card
- AIEED 2021 Result
- AIEED 2021 Counselling
- AIEED Scholarships
What is AIEED?
AIEED stands for the All India Entrance Exam for Design. The AIEED is a National level entrance exam for design conducted by the ARCH Academy of Design. It aims to encourage the aspiring students to think with analytical ability and creativity. The other aim of this entrance exam is to test the problem-solving aptitude and logical reasoning capability in the candidate. It offers a platform for the students to study a variety of Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the field of Design.
ARCH Academy of Design is a prestigious institution for Designing, located in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The ARCH Acedemy conducts the All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED) annually, or once every year for both the undergraduate and the postgraduate level programs such as B.Des., BVA, BBA, B.A., M.Voc., and M.A. The Scholarship exam tests the aesthetic sense, creativity & design sensitivity of students seeking fulfilling careers in the various fields of design. The xamination also tests the logical reasoning & problem-solving aptitude of the student.
The AIEED 2021 entrance exam comprises of 2 stages. The first test will be the General Ability Test (GAT) and the second stage test will be a Creative Ability Test (CAT). AIEED exam is conducted once a year.
AIEED 2021 Highlights
All the important details regarding the AIEED 2021 and AIEED 2021 highlights are listed in the table given below:
|Exam Name||All India Entrance Examination for Design|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Exam Type||Under Graduate & Post Graduate|
|Exam Conducting Body||ARCH Academy of Design|
|Courses Offered||B.Des., BVA, BBA, B.A., M.Voc, and M.A.|
|Exam Duration||GAT: 2 hours; CAT: 3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with a single correct response|
AIEED 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can fill in the AIEED 2021 application form from November 21, 2020. The deadline to complete the Application Process for AIEED 2021 is December 21, 2020. The given AIEED 2021 Important Dates are tentative and they may change. The dates of all the important events related to AIEED are notified through the official website, and they will be updated here accordingly.
Till then, candidates can go through the AIEED 2021 Important Dates which is mentioned below in the table.
|AIEED 2021 Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|AIEED 2021 Application Form Availability||November 21, 2020|
|AIEED 2021 Application Form Submission Deadline||December 21, 2020|
|AIEED 2021 Admit Card Availability||One Week Before The Examination|
|AIEED 2021 Exam Date||January 3, 2021
January 6, 2021
January 9, 2021
|AIEED 2021 Personal Interview Round||To Be Announced Soon|
|AIEED 2021 Declaration of Results||April 24, 2021|
|Counselling Process for UG Candidates||2nd Week of April 2021|
|Counselling Process for PG Candidates||4th Week of February 2021|
AIEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The ARCH College of Design and Business structures the AIEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria. The eligibility criteria for AIEED are separate for the Undergraduate and the Postgraduate programmes. If they do not satisfy the eligibility criteria after applying, their application will be disqualified. AIEED 2021 eligibility criteria include details about academic qualifications, age requirements, and other criteria specified for admissions to undergraduate design programmes in Delhi and Jaipur campus. Candidates must ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria listed down in the AIEED 2021 eligibility criteria before filling in the application form.
AIEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate (UG) Programs
Educational Qualification: Applying candidates should have passed or appeared for their Class 10+2 (CBSE / ICSE / IB / State Board / NIOS, or as approved by UGC guidelines) or an equivalent qualifying examination to be eligible to take up the AIEED 2021. Also, the applicants who are currently appearing for their Class XII final exams can also appear for the AIEED 2021. Candidates who are applying for the International Study abroad degree should clear the PTE Exam within 1 year of the commencement of the course.
AIEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate (PG) Programs
Educational Qualification: Applying candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from any recognized University/Institution of India.
AIEED 2021 Syllabus
Candidates must have to be prepared for the syllabus of AIEED 2021 before appearing in the examination. AIEED 2021 Syllabus is different for UG and PG programs. As the AIEED exam will be conducted in 2 stages, both of those stages will have a different set of the syllabus. The first test will be the General Ability Test (GAT) and the second stage test will be a Creative Ability Test (CAT).
Syllabus for General Ability Test (GAT)
The testing parameters for the GAT exam are given as follows:
- Design Sensibilities
- Logical Reasoning
- Design-related Awareness
- Awareness of global issues
- Comprehension of Concepts
Syllabus for Creative Ability Test (CAT)
The testing parameters of the CAT exam are given below:
- Articulation Skills both written and Visual
- Design Thinking
- Lateral Thinking and Creative problem solving
- Awareness of Design Principles
Testing areas for Interaction Stage
A candidate will be tested for the following attributes, knowledge, and skills:
- Focus and clarity
- General articulation skills
- Depth of thinking
- Range of work in the portfolio
AIEED 2021 Exam Pattern
AIEED exam 2021 will be held in online mode only. The candidate can appear in the test from any of the places. Applicants need to ensure that they have an excellent internet connectivity availability. The AIEED 2021 will be divided into 3 stages, as menitoned ahead:
- Stage-I: Video & Portfolio General Aptitude Test (GAT)
- Stage-II: Creative Ability Test (CAT)
- Stage-III: Personal Interaction (via Skype)
GAT will test a candidate in Design sensibilities, Logical Reasoning, Design-related awareness, awareness on global issues and Comprehension of Concepts. GAT exam will be of 60 marks and will comprise of 100 questions. Time allotted would be 2 hours for this exam.
Stage-II CAT exam will be testing a candidate in Articulation Skills both written and visual, Design Thinking, Lateral Thinking and creative problem solving and awareness of Design Principles. CAT will be having a total of 50 questions which should be done within 3 hours. CAT will be of 200 marks in total.
Note: Questions asked in AIEED will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Last stage will be a personal interaction. Candidates qualifying for it will be tested on their Composure, Focus, and clarity, General articulation skills, depth of thinking, range of work in their respective portfolios.
How to prepare for the AIEED 2021 Exam?
The competition for AIEED 2021 is really high and candidates need to prepare well before appearing for the examination.Preparation tips and tricks to crack AIEED exam are mentioned below:
- To make a career in the field of design, one must practice illustrations. To crack AIEED 2021, you must practice the art of drawing and sketching.
- To appear for the exam, you must have a proper strategy for your exam. Proper planning and an effective strategy will help you remain focused and you will stick to your study plan.
- AIEED exam is all about your creativity. Hence, you will need an out of the box thinking to get you past this exam. You need to produce in the exam what you think in your mind. The way you express is what matters the most.
- All the entrance exams test the speed and accuracy of the candidates. To increase your speed of attempting questions, you must take various mock tests and practice as many sample papers as possible since these will enhance your thinking skills and gradually your accuracy will also improve.
- Staying confident and positive during the entrance exam has a huge impact on the overall performance in the exam.
AIEED 2021 Application Form
The registration for AIEED 2021 has started from November 21, 2020 and go on till December 21, 2020. The AIEED 2021 application form will be available on the official website of ARCH college. Candidates have to fill their details such as Name, DOB, Contact details such as an address, phone number, etc in the AIEED 2021 Application Form. Candidates must have to pay the AIEED application fees of INR 3000/- which can be paid through online mode (Credit/Debit card/Net Banking) and offline mode through challan and DD (Demand Draft). The step by step guide to fill up the AIEED 2021 Application form is given below.
Steps to fill AIEED 2021 Application Form
- Firstly, an aspirant should register for AIEED 2021.
- Afterwards, selection of course and the campus is to be done where the candidate wants to take admission.
- In the next step, a candidate has to fill all the personal details as well as the academic details.
- Next step will be to upload the requisite documents.
- At last, a candidate has to pay the application fee to complete his/her application.
AIEED 2021 Application Fee is given in the table:
|OBC, General, SC, ST||Online/Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||INR 3000/-|
AIEED 2021 Admit Card
Candidates are required to enter their “Registered ID” and “Password” to download AIEED 2021 Admit card. Admit card will contain the details such as Registration Number, Exam Centre, Examination Date and Time, Candidates Photo, etc. It is mandatory to carry the AIEED 2021 Admit Card along with identity card to the Examination Hall, failing in it the candidate will not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall.
Steps to download the AIEED 2021 Admit card are given below:
- Candidates will be notified about the admit card through email.
- When the candidates will click on the link given in the mail, it will direct them to the official website of AIEED.
- Post that, you will have to enter the “Registration Number” and “Password”.
- Click on the link, “Download AIEED 2021 Admit Card”.
- Download and take out at least two printouts of the Admit Card for future reference.
Details contained in AIEED 2021 Admit Card
Admit card will be containing important information regarding AIEED 2021 such as:
- Registration Number
- Admit Card Number
- Application Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Candidate’s Postal address and contact details
- Test Centre details
- Unique Photo ID Proof Details
- Test Timings
- Provision for Sticking Passport size photograph
- Space to get the Admit card attested.
- Login ID and Password
AIEED 2021 Exam Centres
Candidates can appear for AIEED 2021 through online mode only i.e. Computer-based Test. There are 13 exam centers in total. In the AIEED 2021 Application Form, candidates can select a maximum of 3 exam centres as their preference to appear at. But the applicants will be allotted only one exam centre.
Note: Candidates should remember that in any case, their exam centre would not be changed after it has been allotted. No such requests would be entertained by the authority. Exam centres for AIEED 2021 are given in the below table:
|AIEED 2021 Exam Centers|
AIEED 2021 Results
Candidates can check the result of AIEED 2021 that will be declared in February 2021 (expected) at the official website of AIEED. Candidate has to enter the registered ID and password to check the examination results.
How to check AIEED 2021 Result?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check the AIEED 2021 Results:
- Visit the official website of AIEED.
- After landing on the page, enter the requisite login credentials in the space provided and click on "Log in".
- Next, AIEED Result 2021 will be displayed on the screen.
- Afterward, you can download the AIEED 2021 Result.
Note: It is advised to you to keep it safe for further admission process.
Selection of the candidates will be strictly on merit basis. All the candidates will be analyzed based on their cumulative performance in the parameters considered for the final selection for AIEED. These parameters are given below:
- Performance in past education
- Results of AIEED 2021 exam
- Performance in Interview and Portfolio
AIEED 2021 Courses Offered
ARCH College of Design offers a variety of Undergraduate and Post-Graduate courses through AIEED 2021. Candidates can refer to the list of courses which is mentioned below.
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) (4 years) in:
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Jewellery Design
- Craft & Accessory Design
- Bachelor of Visual Arts (B.V.A.) Applied Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- International Study Abroad Degree: Pearson BTEC HND Level 5 after 3rd Year at ARCH B.A./M.A. Degree Awarded by UK University on Progression to 4th Year of study abroad and its completion M.A Degree in 5th Year (3+1+1 years)
- BA Fashion Design
- BA Interior Design
- BA Product Design
- BA Graphic Design
Master of Vocational Degree (2 years) in:
- M.Voc. Fashion Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc. Interior Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc. Jewellery Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc. Product Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc. Design Communication & Entrepreneurship
Scholarship test for AIEED is conducted annually once a year in December and January. This exam is called the AIEED SAT (Scholarship Aptitude Test). Scholarship will be awarded based on the following parameters:
- AIEED Results
- Performance in 10+2 or equivalent exam for UG courses and Graduation in PG courses.
Scholarships can be awarded on a special basis for the candidates from:
- Defense background
- Artisans background
- Single Mother-Child or Children of weaker sections of the society
Note: Scholarships can be availed on the first-come-first-served basis. Candidates who miss out on the deadline to apply for the scholarship will be granted a scholarship in the next waitlist.
Institute provides students with a supporting letter confirming their admission to the course which student has to submit with the financial institution where they wish to apply for the loan. All the financial institutions and banks provide education loans based on student needs and their parent’s credentials which includes their income, credit history.
Note: Loan facilities are not provided by college only a supporting letter will be provided to help students secure an education loan.
AIEED 2021 Reference Books
Along with their textbooks, candidates can go through these books to gett a better knowledge about the AIEED 2021 Exam:
|Book Name||Author/ Publication|
|Furniture & Interiors of the 1940s||Anne Bonny|
|Furniture & Interiors of the 1960s||Anne Bonny|
|Living Spaces: 150 Design ideas from around the world||Franco Magnani|
|New Interiors||Daniel Giralt-Miracle|
|Repertory 1950-1980, Pictures and ideas regarding the History of Italian Furniture||Giuliana Gramigna|
|International Design Yearbook||Alessandro Mendini|
Kindly contact the following from Monday to Saturday (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
E-Mail: [email protected]