ARCH College of Design and Business conduct AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design) for UG and PG courses in Design. AIEED evaluates the creativity, sensitivity and aesthetic sense of Design to take admission in ARCH. AIEED also tests the logical reasoning and problem-solving aptitude of students. ARCH welcomes students for UG and PG courses in Design via AIEED 2020.
- What is AIEED Exam?
- Exam Dates
- Exam Pattern
- How to prepare for the AIEED Exam?
- Application Form
- Admit Card
- Selection Procedure
What is AIEED Exam?
Full form of AIEED is the All India Entrance Exam for Design. AIEED 2020 is a National level entrance exam conducted by ARCH Academy of Design. It aims to encourage the students to think with analytical ability and creativity. It offers a platform for the students to study a variety of Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses from the field of Design.
ARCH Academy of Design is a prestigious design institute located in Jaipur, Rajasthan. Institute annually conducts the All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED) for both Undergraduate & Postgraduate level programs such as B.Des, BVA, BBA, B.A., M.Voc, and M.A. Scholarship exam tests the aesthetic sense, creativity & design sensitivity of students seeking fulfilling careers in the various fields of design. Examination also tests the logical reasoning & problem-solving aptitude of the student.
AIEED 2020 entrance exam comprises of 2 stages. First test will be the General Ability Test (GAT) and the second stage test will be a Creative Ability Test (CAT) as well. AIEED exam is conducted once a year.
All the important details regarding the AIEED 2020 Exam is listed in the table given below:
|Exam Name||All India Entrance Examination for Design|
|AIEED 2020 Exam level||National Level|
|AIEED 2020 Exam Type||Under Graduate & Post Graduate|
|AIEED 2020 Exam Conducted by||ARCH Academy of Design|
|Courses Offered through AIEED 2020||B.Des, BVA, BBA, B.A., M.Voc, and M.A.|
|Duration||GAT: 2 hours; CAT: 3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions with a single correct response|
Candidates can fill AIEED 2020 application form from October 1, 2019. Deadline to complete the Application Process is November 28, 2019. Dates for AIEED are tentative and they may change and as the results are updated on the official website it will be notified here.
|AIEED Application Form release date||October 1, 2019|
|Last date for filling the application form||November 2019|
|Admit Card release date||Soon after registration|
|Slot 1 Exam||December 1, 2019, to December 15, 2019|
|Slot 2 Exam||January 15, 2020, to January 30, 2020|
|Announcement of AIEED Result 2020||February 2020 (Tentative)|
Eligibility criteria for AIEED are separate for Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees which are as follows:
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed or appeared for Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or as approved by UGC guidelines) to take AIEED 2020 examination. Also, candidates appearing in 10+1 can appear for AIEED 2020. But they can join after clearing the 3rd and last stage of the test. Candidates who are applying for International Study abroad degree should clear the PTE Exam within 1 year of course commencement.
Applying candidates must be graduates in any discipline from any recognized University/Institution of India.
Candidates must have to be prepared for the syllabus of AIEED 2020 before appearing in the examination. AIEED 2020 Syllabus is different for UG and PG programs. As the AIEED exam will be conducted in 2 stages, both of those stages will have a different set of the syllabus.
Syllabus for GAT
Testing parameters for GAT exam are given as follows:
- Design Sensibilities
- Logical Reasoning
- Design-related Awareness
- Awareness of global issues
- Comprehension of Concepts
Syllabus for CAT
Testing parameters of CAT exam are given below:
- Articulation Skills both written and Visual
- Design Thinking
- Lateral Thinking and Creative problem solving
- Awareness of Design Principles
Testing areas for Interaction Stage
A candidate will be tested for the following attributes, knowledge, and skills:
- Focus and clarity
- General articulation skills
- Depth of thinking
- Range of work in the portfolio
AIEED exam 2020 will be held in online mode only. This exam will be divided into 3 stages i.e.
- Stage-I: Video & Portfolio General Aptitude Test (GAT)
- Stage-II: Creative Ability Test (CAT)
- Stage-III: Personal Interaction (via Skype)
GAT will test a candidate in Design sensibilities, Logical Reasoning, Design-related awareness, awareness on global issues and Comprehension of Concepts. GAT exam will be of 60 marks and will comprise of 100 questions. Time allotted would be 2 hours for this exam.
Stage-II CAT exam will be testing a candidate in Articulation Skills both written and visual, Design Thinking, Lateral Thinking and creative problem solving and awareness of Design Principles. CAT will be having a total of 50 questions which should be done within 3 hours. CAT will be of 200 marks in total.
Note: Questions asked in AIEED will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
Last stage will be a personal interaction. Candidates qualifying for it will be tested on their Composure, Focus, and clarity, General articulation skills, depth of thinking, range of work in their respective portfolios.
How to prepare for the AIEED Exam?
Preparation tips and tricks to crack AIEED exam are mentioned below:
- To make a career in the field of design, one must practice illustrations. To crack AIEED 2020, you must practice the art of drawing and sketching.
- To appear for the exam, you must have a proper strategy for your exam. Proper planning and an effective strategy will help you remain focused and you will stick to your study plan.
- AIEED exam is all about your creativity. Hence, you will need an out of the box thinking to get you past this exam. You need to produce in the exam what you think in your mind. The way you express is what matters the most.
- All the entrance exams test the speed and accuracy of the candidates. To increase your speed of attempting questions, you must take various mock tests and practice as many sample papers as possible since these will enhance your thinking skills and gradually your accuracy will also improve.
- Staying confident and positive during the entrance exam has a huge impact on the overall performance in the exam.
Candidates have to fill their details such as Name, DOB, Contact details such as an address, phone number, etc in the AIEED 2020 Application Form. Candidates must have to pay the AIEED application fees of INR 3000/- which can be paid through online mode (Credit/Debit card/Net Banking) and offline mode through challan and DD (Demand Draft).
Steps to fill AIEED 2020 Application Form
- Firstly, an aspirant should register for AIEED 2020.
- Afterward, selection of course and the campus is to be done where the candidate wants to take admission.
- In the next step, a candidate has to fill all the personal details as well as the academic details.
- Next step will be to upload the requisite documents.
- At last, a candidate has to pay the application fee to complete his/her application.
AIEED 2020 Application Fee is given in the table:
|OBC, General, SC, ST||Online/Offline||Transgender, Female, Male||INR 3000/-|
Candidates are required to enter their “Registered ID” and “Password” to download AIEED 2020 Admit card. Admit card will contain the details such as Registration Number, Exam Centre, Examination Date and Time, Candidates Photo, etc. It is mandatory to carry the AIEED 2020 Admit Card along with identity card to the Examination Hall, failing in it the candidate will not be allowed to enter the Examination Hall.
Steps to download the Admit card are given below:
- Go to the official website of AIEED.
- Enter your “Registration Number” and “Password”.
- Click on the link, “Download AIEED 2020 Admit Card”.
- Download and take out at least two printouts of the Admit Card for future reference.
Details contained in Admit Card
Admit card will be containing important information regarding AIEED 2020 such as:
- Registration Number
- Admit Card Number
- Application Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Photograph
- Candidate’s Postal address and contact details
- Test Centre details
- Unique Photo ID Proof Details
- Test Timings
- Provision for Sticking Passport size photograph
- Space to get the Admit card attested.
- Login ID and Password
Candidates can appear for AIEED 2020 through online mode only i.e. Computer-based Test. There are 13 exam centers in total. In the AIEED 2020 Application Form, candidates can select a maximum of 3 exam centres as their preference to appear at. But the applicants will be allotted only one exam centre.
Note: Candidates should remember that in any case, their exam centre would not be changed after it has been allotted. No such requests would be entertained by the authority. Exam centres for AIEED 2020 are given in the below table:
Candidates can check the result of AIEED 2020 will be declared in February 2020 (expected) at the official website of AIEED 2020. Candidate has to enter the registered ID and password to check the examination results.
How to check AIEED Result 2020?
Candidates can follow the steps given below to check the AIEED 2020 Results:
- Visit the official website of AIEED.
- After landing on the page, enter the requisite login credentials in the space provided and click on "Log in".
- Next, AIEED Result 2020 will be displayed on the screen.
- Afterward, you can download the AIEED 2020 Result.
Note: It is advised to you to keep it safe for further admission process.
Selection of the candidates will be strictly on merit basis. All the candidates will be analyzed based on their cumulative performance in the parameters considered for the final selection for AIEED. These parameters are given below:
- Performance in past education
- Results of AIEED 2020 exam
- Performance in Interview and Portfolio
ARCH College of Design offers a variety of Undergraduate and Post-Graduate courses. These are as follows:
- Bachelor of Design (B.Des) (4 years) in:
- Fashion Design
- Interior Design
- Jewellery Design
- Craft & Accessory Design
- Bachelor of Visual Arts (B.V.A) Applied Arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- International Study Abroad Degree: Pearson BTEC HND Level 5 after 3rd Year at ARCH B.A/M. A Degree Awarded by UK University on Progression to 4th Year of study abroad and its completion M.A Degree in 5th Year (3+1+1 years)
- BA Fashion Design
- BA Interior Design
- BA Product Design
- BA Graphic Design
Master of Vocational Degree (2 years) in:
- M.Voc Fashion Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc Interior Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc Jewellery Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc Product Design & Entrepreneurship
- M.Voc Design Communication & Entrepreneurship
Scholarship test for AIEED is conducted annually once a year in December and January. This exam is called the AIEED SAT (Scholarship Aptitude Test). Scholarship will be awarded based on the following parameters:
- AIEED Results
- Performance in 10+2 or equivalent exam for UG courses and Graduation in PG courses.
Scholarships can be awarded on a special basis for the candidates from:
- Defense background
- Artisans background
- Single Mother-Child or Children of weaker sections of the society
Note: Scholarships can be availed on the first-come-first-served basis. Candidates who miss out on the deadline to apply for the scholarship will be granted a scholarship in the next waitlist.
Institute provides students with a supporting letter confirming their admission to the course which student has to submit with the financial institution where they wish to apply for the loan. All the financial institutions and banks provide education loans based on student needs and their parent’s credentials which includes their income, credit history.
Note: Loan facilities are not provided by college only a supporting letter will be provided to help students secure an education loan.
Along with their textbooks, candidates can go through these books to getting a better knowledge for the AIEED 2020 Exam:
|Book Name||Author/ Publication|
|Furniture & Interiors of the 1940s||Anne Bonny|
|Furniture & Interiors of the 1960s||Anne Bonny|
|Living Spaces: 150 Design ideas from around the world||Franco Magnani|
|New Interiors||Daniel Giralt-Miracle|
|Repertory 1950-1980, Pictures and ideas regarding the History of Italian Furniture||Giuliana Gramigna|
|International Design Yearbook||Alessandro Mendini|
Kindly contact the following from Monday to Saturday (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)