CSIR NET 2022 subject and category-wise cut-off for the June cycle has been released on the official website. The candidates can download it from the official website by logging in using the required credentials. Candidates can find the detailed exam schedule in the article below. Keep reading to know more about CSIR NET 2022.
Latest Updates on CSIR NET
- Nov 18, 2022: CSIR NET 2022 cut off has been released on the official website. Read More
- CSIR NET 2022 Cut off Marks
- About CSIR NET
- CSIR NET 2022 Exam Date
- CSIR NET 2022 Eligibility
- CSIR NET 2022 Registration
- CSIR NET 2022 Admit Card
- CSIR NET 2022 Exam Centres
- CSIR NET 2022 Exam Pattern
- CSIR NET 2022 Exam Syllabus
- CSIR NET 2022 Reference Books
- CSIR NET 2022 Result
- CSIR NET 2022 Exam Instructions
- CSIR NET 2022 Previous Year Question Papers
- CSIR NET 2022 Salary
- CSIR NET Contact Details
CSIR NET 2022 exam is conducted for students who want to pursue a career as a stellar lecturer or professor. The exam is conducted every year by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). It is a national-level examination in which candidates from across the country participate. Go through the article below for a detailed understanding of the exam.
CSIR NET 2022 Cut Off
CSIR NET 2022 subject-wise and category-wise cut-off list for the June cycle has been released on the official website along with the cut-off list for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship/ Assistant Professor posts. Cut-offs for JRFs and LS are different for each category. 33% for General and OBC and 25% for SC/ST and PWD category is a minimum criterion for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.
Read More: CSIR NET 2022 Cut Off
About CSIR NET
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test (CSIR NET) is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted to select the eligible candidates for the position of lecturer at colleges and universities, and for awarding the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a premier research and development organization in India. It has given the responsibility to conduct a CSIR NET exam to the National Testing Agency (NTA).
It is among the world's largest publicly funded research and development ororganizationsCSIR NET is a National Level Entrance Examination for candidates who have acquired their Bachelor's and Master's degree in streams related to science. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree are only eligible for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and not LS (Lectureship). NTA CSIR NET 2022 is conducted twice a year, usually in June and December.
CSIR NET 2022 Exam Highlights
After qualifying NTA CSIR NET, the applicants can get appointed as a professor or lecturer at one of the prestigious Indian universities or institutes. CSIR NET stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research - National Eligibility Test and its a national level exam with aspirants across the country. Some of key highlights of the NTA CSIR NET exam has been shared below.
|Exam Name||CSIR NET|
|Full Form||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research - National Eligibility Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, HRDG|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Sessions||Session I - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM ; Session II 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM|
|Topics||Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences|
|Duration||3 Hours i.e. 180 Minutes|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
CSIR NET vs UGC NET
CSIR NET is only for science streams and it is not just focused on lecturership but also offers a research fellowship called JRF. While UGC NET is only a lectureship qualification exam for all the courses other than science streams.
Candidates who have cleared UGC NET 2022 exam can be part of the teaching profession and research on several subjects of Humanities (including Indian and some foreign languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, Forensic Science, and Environmental Sciences.
CSIR NET 2022 Exam Date
CSIR UGC NET 2022 correction window for application form was closed on Aug 23, 2022. Candidates should note all the important dates for CSIR NET 2022 exam given here. The expected dates of the exam are presented below. The exam was conducted on Sep 16 - Sep 19, 2022, the admit card for the same has been released on Sep 13, 2022.
|Opening of Registration Window||Jul 11, 2022|
|Last Date to Apply for CSIR NET 2022||Aug 17, 2022 (5 PM)|
|Application Form Correction Window Start Date||
Aug 19, 2022
|Application Form Correction Window Last Date||
Aug 23, 2022
|Last Date to Pay the Application Fee||Aug 17, 2022 till 11: 50 PM|
|Admit Card Release Date||Sep 13, 2022|
|CSIR NET 2022 Exam Date||Sep 16 - Sep 19, 2022|
|Results Declaration for CSIR NET 2022||Oct 29, 2022|
CSIR NET 2022 Exam Schedule
The schedule for CSIR NET 2022 exam is given below in the table:
|Subject Name||Exam Dates||Shift|
|Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Sciences||Sep 16, 2022||9 AM - 12 PM|
|Physical Sciences||Sep 16, 2022||9 AM - 12 PM|
|Mathematical Sciences||Sep 16, 2022||3 PM - 6 PM|
|Life Sciences (Group1)||Sep 17, 2022||9 AM - 12 PM|
|Life Sciences (Group2)||3 PM - 6 PM|
|Chemical Sciences||Sep 18, 2022||9 AM - 12 PM|
CSIR NET 2022 Eligibility
Eligibility for CSIR NET exam includes educational qualifications and age limit and the eligibility criteria will also vary from post to post, make sure you check eligibility criteria for the post you are interested in. You can find CSIR NET eligibility for each of education qualification and age limit below.
SSC CHSL 2022 Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have passed BS-MS/ BS-4 years/ BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS with minimum 55% marks for General/ OBC category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD category to be eligible for CSIR NET 2022.
- Candidates should have passed B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in the Integrated MS-Ph.D. program with a minimum of 55% marks for General/ OBC category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.
Note: Candidates possessing only Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply only for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and not for Lectureship (LS).
CSIR NET 2022 Age Limit
- For JRF NET: The candidate must be 28 years as on 1st July 2022 whereas 5 years relaxation for SC/ ST/ PWD/ female applicants and 3 years relaxation for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants.
- For Lectureship NET: No upper age limit.
Read More: Eligibility for CSIR NET exam
CSIR NET 2022 Registration
CSIR NET 2022 last date to rectify the application form details was Aug 23, 2022. The correction window for the application form opened on Aug 19, 2022, on the official website. CSIR UGC NET 2022 the last date to submit the application form was Aug 17, 2022, till 5 PM. Candidates could pay the requisite exam fee till Aug 17, 2022 (11:59 PM).
CSIR NET 2022 Application Process
The steps to complete CSIR NET application form are:
- Step 1: Visit the official site of CSIR NET.
- Step 2: Click on the application link.
- Step 3: Click on the New Registration button.
- Step 4: Read the instruction carefully and then click on the 'Click here to Proceed' Button after which the Registration form shall open.
- Step 5: Create a password, a security question, and a security answer for the same.
- Step 6: Enter the security pin that will display on the screen and click on the submit button.
- Step 7: Verify the details entered and click on the checkboxes at the end of the page.
- Step 8: Upload the photo, signature.
- Step 9: Click on the Final Submit button.
- Step 10: Candidates should not forget to take the print-out of the application form, for any future references.
Candidates have to choose the paper of their choice (in which you have a master's/want to pursue research) while filling CSIR NET application form online. Even though the question papers are available in two languages, if you want to take the exam in Hindi medium, you have to opt for it in the application form itself. Only then you will be given a bilingual Test Booklet and if you opt for English medium then you will be given Test Booklet printed in English Version only.
While filling CSIR NET application form, you need to upload the scanned documents such as Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, make sure the scanned documents are in ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format. The photograph size of the candidate must be not less than 10 KB and not more than 200 KB. The size of the signature must not be less than 4 KB and not more than 30 KB. The other documents will also need to be between the sizes of 50 or 100 KB to 300 KB or in some cases 500 KB.
Candidates have to pay the following registration fee via online mode through Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking.
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||INR 500|
|PwD (Person with Disability)||-|
Note: The candidates who are physically challenged are exempted from paying CSIR NET 2022 fees.
CSIR NET 2022 Application Correction Window
The steps to be followed while correcting the application for CSIR NET through the application correction window are-
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CSIR NET 2022 exam.
- Step 2: Go to the bottom of the page and click on the "application form correction tab".
- Step 3: Login using all the login credentials such as name or application, password.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘I Agree’ after carefully reading all the instructions.
- Step 5: Change or edit all the details that require to be changed or corrected in CSIR NET 2022 application form.
- Step 6: Click on the "Submit"
- Step 7: Carefully check all the corrections made.
- Step 8: Click on the checkbox under the ‘parameters checklist to be verified’ header.
- Step 9: After that, click on the final submit button.
The candidate can either take a print out of the corrected form or download it. All candidates must make all the necessary corrections before the given date as it is a one-time facility and no requests to correct CSIR NET 2022 application form after the last date shall be entertained.
Read More: CSIR NET 2022 Application Form
CSIR NET 2022 Admit Card
CSIR UGC NET 2022 admit card was released on Sep 13, 2022 and the intimation slip for the same was released on Sep 11, 2022. Candidates can download CSIR NET admit card by entering their credentials. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam unless he/she produces the valid hall ticket at the exam centre, along with ID proof in original and a self-attested photocopy of the same.
How to Download CSIR NET 2022 Admit Card?
CSIR NET admit card was released just before the exam and all eligible candidates were able to download the admit card. Below are some of the simple steps one can follow to download the admit card.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the conducting authority. The website has been mentioned above.
- Step 2: Now look for a "CSIR NET 2022 Admit Card" link.
- Step 3: Click on the admit card link and the candidate will be redirected to a new screen.
- Step 4: On the screen, the candidate will have to enter his/her application number, date of birth, and security code displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: After entering all the details, hit "Login".
- Step 6: CSIR NET 2022 admit card will be displayed on the screen which the candidate can download and print for future references.
Note: CSIR NET 2022 admit card will not be sent through post for any of the candidates by NTA, candidates should download by themselves from the official website.
Read More: CSIR NET Admit Card 2022
CSIR NET 2022 Exam Centres
CSIR NET 2022 exam city intimation slip was released on Sep 11, 2022, on the official website. Candidates can download the advance city intimation slip using their credentials, such as the application number and DOB.
CSIR NET 2022 will be conducted in more than 224 cities across India. Candidates have to choose an exam centre of their convenience while filling the application form. The allotment of the exam city would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during online registration on a first-come-first-served basis. If your first choice of city is unavailable then the next one will be allocated to you.
Read More: CSIR NET exam centres
CSIR NET 2022 Exam Pattern
NTA laid down certain guidelines or patterns based on which CSIR NET 2022 was conducted. The question paper was of objective type i.e. Multiple Choice Question (MCQs).
|Mode of Examination||Online mode or CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Number Of Sections||3 Sections: Part A, Part B, and Part C|
|Time Allotted||Three Hours or 180 Minutes|
|Mediums||English and Hindi|
|Number of Sessions||Two (Morning Shift and Afternoon Shift)|
There are various subjects for CSIR NET 2022 exam and each of them has a different marking scheme. There is negative marking and each subject has a different deduction of marks. For more details about CSIR NET 2022 visit CSIR NET Exam Pattern.
Read More: CSIR NET Exam Pattern.
CSIR NET 2022 Syllabus
Topics for CSIR NET syllabus are as follows:
The streams are Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences. All the streams consist of different sections which will carry different marks. There are three sections for each of the streams namely Part A, Part B, and Part C. You have to choose any one of the streams to take the exam. The subject-wise syllabus of CSIR NET 2022 exam is stated below.
|Chemistry in Nanoscience and Technology|
Earth Science Part B
|Oceans and Atmosphere|
|The Earth and Solar System|
|Interior of Earth, Deformation, and Tectonics|
|Earth Materials, Surface Features, and Processes|
|Environmental Earth Sciences|
Earth Science Part C
|Mineralogy and Petrology|
|Marine Geology and Paleoceanography|
|Palaeontology and its Applications|
|Structural Geology and Geotectonics|
|Precambrian Geology and Crustal Evolution|
|Sedimentology and Stratigraphy|
|Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology|
|Diversity of Life Forms|
|Methods in Biology|
|Evolution and Behavior|
|System Physiology – Plant|
|Mathematical Methods in Physics|
|Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics|
|Electronics and Experimental Methods|
|Linear Integral Equations|
|Partial Differential Equations|
|Calculus of Variations|
|Ordinary Differential Equations|
|Exploratory Data Analysis|
Note: Exam Scheme for Chemical Sciences has been revised from June 2017 CSIR NET onwards. NET exam question papers with answer keys pdf files are available on our website.
Read More: CSIR NET 2022 Syllabus
CSIR NET 2022 Reference Books
In order to clear the NTA CSIR NET, 2022 exam candidates must study thoroughly and they can do that with the best reference books. Some of them are the following.
|Physical Chemistry||Samuel Glasstone|
|Infrared and Raman Spectra of inorganic and coordination compounds||Nakamoto|
|Biological inorganic chemistry: structure and reactivity||Ivano Bertini|
|Pearson Guide to UGC-CSIR-Chemical Sciences||Sanjay Singh Rawal|
|Chemistry of the Elements||N. N Greenwood and A. Earnshaw|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Gary Wulfsberg|
|CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Physical Sciences||Dr. Surekha Tomar|
|UGC CSIR JRF/NET Physical Sciences||Sunil Kushwaha|
|UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Physical Science||W. Malemnganba Chenglei|
|UGC CSIR JRF/NET Physical Sciences||GKP|
|Mathematical Sciences for UGC-CSIR Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Lectureship||Prasad|
|Mathematical Science Manual CSIR UGC/NET/SLET & Lectureship – Jupiter||Renu Sharma, Awadhesh Kumar Mishra|
|NET Mathematical Sciences – Vol. 2 UGC CSIR||Satya Prakashan|
|UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Mathematical Science||Pawan Sharma, Anshuman and Suraj Singh|
|CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES||Alok Kumar (Upkar)|
CSIR NET 2022 Results
CSIR NET 2022 exam was conducted successfully, and the result was declared on the official website on Oct 29, 2022. CSIR NET 2022 results will have two separate merit lists, one comprising of candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF-NET) and the second for those candidates qualifying for the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (LS-NET), which were made available based on their performance in the above test. The applicants declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under the UGC scheme and Lecturership were governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
How to Check CSIR NET Result?
CSIR NET result was released online on the official website, candidates can check their result. Follow below-mentioned steps to check the results.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CSIR NET exam.
- Step 2: There will be a "Result" link on the website. Click on the same.
- Step 3: Applicants will be asked to enter their credentials like application number, password, or date of birth, and security code.
- Step 4: After entering all the information, click the "Submit" button.
- Step 5: Now candidates can view and download CSIR NET result.
- Step 6: Candidates are advised to print CSIR NET result for future reference.
Details on CSIR NET Result
CSIR NET result has personal details, total marks, and qualifying marks of the candidate. After the merit list released, applicants can check their names. The scorecard is available on the official website. Candidates can download the scorecard. The following are the details mentioned on CSIR NET result.
- Name of the candidate
- Application number
- Roll number
- Name of the candidate
- Subject code
- Exam qualifying status
- Total marks
- Paper-wise marks
- Total percentage
- Paper-wise percentage
Read More: CSIR NET 2022 Result
General Instructions for CSIR NET 2022
- Candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin and future notification(s) including terms & conditions given/uploaded on the official website for this test. Candidates must satisfy their eligibility criteria for this test before applying for this test.
- Candidates must read the terms and conditions for CSIR/UGC research fellowships/lecturership on official websites of CSIR and UGC.
- Submission of online application is mandatory. Hard copies of the application form won't be entertained by CSIR.
- Application form must be complete in all respect.
- The center and date of the Exam are liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates by CSIR.
- No candidate will be admitted to the test unless he/she brings the e-admit card to the Test Venue. The mere fact that an e-admit card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that NTA has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates e-admit card particulars/photo and signature should be similar to the actual candidate who is to appear in the exam, otherwise, he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The applicants should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining. Please note that no correspondence will be entertained for any matter for which the last date has expired.
- In all matters, the decision of the NTA as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Test or his/her subsequent qualifying in the test shall be final.
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his/ her candidature by any means may disqualify him/her for admission to the examination.
- The applicant who is found guilty of impersonation or of submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or of making statements which are incorrect or false or of suppressing material information or otherwise resorting to any other irregular or improper means for obtaining admission to the examination, or of using or attempting to use unfair means to attempt the exam or misbehaviour
- In the examination hall, shall, in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution, be debarred by NTA from this test and future tests as well.
- All disputes about the NET examination shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi only. The printout of the online application form should be kept by the candidate for future reference.
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of online e-admit card on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose e-admit card is not issued by NTA.
Important Note for CSIR NET 2022 Exam
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card such as a voter ID Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License / Adhaar Card/ Photo ID Card issued PSU/ Central/ State Govt./ ID Card issued by University/ College, along with a printout/hard copy of their e-admit card on the day of examination.
- While applying for this exam, please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test.
- The facility for downloading e-admit cards to the registered candidates will be provided on NTA's website. E-admit card will not be sent by post. There will be no duplicate e-admit card shall be issued to the candidates at the exam centre.
- The actual number of questions in each part and sections to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject. A candidate should submit only one application. If in case a candidate submits more than one application, only the latter/last application will be considered.
- Candidate should exercise due care while filling up the application form. In case of any error from the candidate's side, he/she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him/her.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the exam hall before the expiry of 3 hours from the start of the exam.
CSIR NET 2022 Previous Year Question Paper
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research organizes a national level entrance test called CSIR NET 2022 exam. Candidates wishing to pursue a career as a lecturer or a professor have to qualify the NTA CSIR NET 2022 exam. After going through all CSIR NET 2022 syllabus and practicing all the questions from all the topics, appearing candidates can opt to solve CSIR NET 2022 previous year question papers. Solving old question papers of CSIR NET 2022 exam will help them prepare for the actual exam as it will expose the candidates to paper pattern and type of questions asked in the exam.
Read More: CSIR Previous Year Questions.
CSIR NET 2022 Salary
CSIR NET 2022 allows candidates who have cleared it to join for various posts such as professors of colleges and universities, research fellowship, assistant professors, etc.
- CSIR gives a stipend of INR 31,000 for Junior Research Fellows along with House Rent Allowance (HRA) for the first three years of PhD and INR 35,000 for Senior Research fellowship Fellows along with HRA for the next two years.
- For assistant professor, the salary ranges from INR 40,000 to INR 60,000 at different colleges and universities throughout the country.
- The DRDO offers the best salary for CSIR NET 2022 qualified candidates to work as scientists. The salary structure for each category of Scientist is given on the table below-
CSIR NET 2021-2022 Salary Category Salary Scientist 'B' INR 15,600-39,100 Scientist ‘C’ INR 15,600-39,100 Scientist 'D' INR 15,600-39,100 Scientist 'E' INR 37,400-67,000 Scientist 'F' INR 37,400-67,000 Scientist 'G' INR 37,400-67,000 Scientist 'H' INR 67000-79,000 Distinguished Scientist INR 75,500-80,000 Secretary DRDO, DG R&D, and Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri (SA to RM) INR 80,000
- The DRDO offers the best salary for CSIR NET 2022 qualified candidates to work as scientists. The salary structure for each category of Scientist is given on the table below-
CSIR NET Contact Details
In case the candidate has any queries related to CSIR NET, they can contact the authorites via the following means.
- Address: Head, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi, Pincode - 110 012, India.
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: 011–2584 0887.
- EPABX Lines: 011–25841582, 25841492, 25842493, 25841701, 25842729.
- Meanwhile, if the candidates have any queries regarding the exam they can contact 8287471852, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953, 8882356803.
What is the difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET?
The main difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET is that UGC NET is conducted for students applying for lectureship or a research fellowship in subjects such as Arts, Commerce, Humanity sciences, etc whereas CSIR NET is for a lectureship or a research fellowship in science subjects.
What is the maximum age limit for the CSIR NET?
The maximum age limit for the CSIR NET JRF exam is 28 years of age in the year of writing the exam whereas the lectureship exam does not have any upper age limit for candidates who want to apply.
Who can apply for the CSIR NET?
Any individual or candidate who has successfully completed M.Sc, Integrated B.Sc+M.Sc, B.Tech, B.E, (B-, D-, or M-)Pharma, MBBS.
What are the subjects in the CSIR NET exam?
The syllabus for the exam will consist of subjects such as Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences.
What are the documents required for filling up the CSIR NET exam?
Passport-sized photograph and signature in JPEG format. Marksheet of qualifying degree. Category certificate. (If Applicable) PwD certificate. (If Applicable) Any identification proof such as Aadhar card or Voter ID.
Is there negative marking for the CSIR NET?
Yes, there is a negative marking for every incorrect response. The percentage of negative marking is different for each section.
How do I get the CSIR NET certificate?
The CSIR NET certificate is awarded only to the individuals who have qualified the exam. After the declaration of results, the qualified candidates are required to send self-attested copies of their documents so that their educational eligibility can be verified and the UGC will send them their certificates on behalf of the CSIR
What is the mode of the examination and the time allotted to complete it?
The CSIR NET is an online examination or Computer-Based Test (CBT). The time allotted to candidates to complete the test or the exam is 180 minutes or three hours.
What is the purpose of CSIR NET?
The CSIR NET is conducted to select candidates for the JRF or Junior Research Fellowship and to appoint lecturers who are eligible for Indian Universities and Colleges.
What is the official website for CSIR NET and is there a help line number?
The official website for CSIR NET is csirnet.nta.nic.in and Yes, there is a help line number which the candidates can call in case of any queries or trouble, 0120-6895200.