CSIR NET 2023 application form for Dec session is active on the official website at csirnet.nta.nic.in. The last date to apply for the exam is Dec 4, 2023, till 5 PM. Registered candidates can edit their application from Dec 6 - Dec 8, 2023. CSIR NET exam 2023 for the Dec session is scheduled to be held from Dec 26 - Dec 28, 2023.
CSIR NET 2023 exam is conducted every year by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). It is a national-level examination in which candidates from across the country participate. CSIR NET 2023 exam is conducted for students who want to pursue a career as a stellar lecturer or professor. The article below provides a detailed understanding of the CSIR NET exam 2023.
- CSIR NET 2023 Application Form
- CSIR NET 2023 Exam Date
- About CSIR NET
- CSIR NET 2023 Eligibility
- CSIR NET 2023 Admit Card
- CSIR NET 2023 Exam Centres
- CSIR NET 2023 Exam Pattern
- CSIR NET 2023 Exam Syllabus
- CSIR NET 2023 Reference Books
- CSIR NET 2023 Paper Analysis
- CSIR NET Answer Key 2023
- CSIR NET 2023 Result
- CSIR NET 2023 Cut Off
- CSIR NET 2023 Exam Instructions
- CSIR NET 2023 Previous Year's Question Papers
- CSIR NET 2023 Salary
- CSIR NET Contact Details
CSIR NET 2023 Application Form
CSIR NET 2023 application form for Dec session has been released on Nov 1, 2023. Candidates can access the application form on the official website at csirnet.nta.nic.in. The last date to regsiter for CSIR NET Dec application form 2023 is Dec 4, 2023.
In addition, CSIR NET application form 2023 correction window will be open after the registration process from Dec 6 - Dec 8, 2023. Candidates could access this facility using the login credentials generated at the time of registration to edit/make corrections to the application form.
CSIR NET 2023 Application Process
Candidates have to choose the paper of their choice (in which they have a master's/want to pursue research) while filling CSIR NET exam 2023 application form online. Even though the question papers are available in two languages, if they want to take the exam in Hindi medium, they must opt for it in the application form itself. Only then will they be given a bilingual Test Booklet. If they opt for English medium then they will be given a test booklet printed in English Version only.
While filling CSIR NET application form, candidates must upload scanned documents such as Signature, Photograph, and Left Thumb Impression, make sure the scanned documents are in ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format. The photograph size of the candidate must be not less than 10 KB and not more than 200 KB. The size of the signature must not be less than 4 KB and not more than 30 KB. The other documents will also need to be between the sizes of 50 or 100 KB to 300 KB or in some cases 500 KB.
Steps to Apply for CSIR NET 2023
The steps to complete CSIR NET exam 2023 application form are:
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official site of CSIR NET.
- Step 2: Click on the application link.
- Step 3: Click on the New Registration button.
- Step 4: Read the instruction carefully and then click on the 'Click here to Proceed' Button after which the Registration form shall open.
- Step 5: Create a password, a security question, and a security answer for the same.
- Step 6: Enter the security pin that will display on the screen and click on the submit button.
- Step 7: Verify the details entered and click on the checkboxes at the end of the page.
- Step 8: Upload the photo and signature.
- Step 9: Click on the Final Submit button.
- Step 10: Candidates should not forget to take the print-out of the application form, for any future references.
CSIR NET 2023 Application Correction Window
The steps to be followed while correcting the application for CSIR NET through the application correction window are-
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of CSIR NET exam 2023.
- Step 2: Go to the bottom of the page and click on the "application form correction tab".
- Step 3: Login using all the login credentials such as name or application, and password.
- Step 4: Click on the ‘I Agree’ after carefully reading all the instructions.
- Step 5: Change or edit all the details that require to be changed or corrected in CSIR NET 2023 application form.
- Step 6: Click on the "Submit"
- Step 7: Carefully check all the corrections made.
- Step 8: Click on the checkbox under the ‘parameters checklist to be verified’ header.
- Step 9: After that, click on the final submit button.
The candidate can either take a printout of the corrected form or download it. All candidates must make all the necessary corrections before the given date as it is a one-time facility and no requests to correct CSIR NET 2023 application form after the last date shall be entertained.
CSIR NET Registration Fee 2023
Candidates have to pay the following CSIR NET 2023 registration fee via online mode through Credit Card, Debit Card, or Net Banking.
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||INR 500|
|PwD (Person with Disability)||-|
Note: The candidates who are physically challenged are exempted from paying CSIR NET exam 2023 fees.
CSIR NET Exam Date 2023
CSIR NET exam date 2023 for the Dec session was announced by HRDG on Sep 21, 2023, on the social media platform X. According to the schedule, the exam is scheduled to be held from Dec 26 - Dec 28, 2023. Candidates can note all the important CSIR NET exam dates 2023 for the exam are updated in the table below.
|Events||Dec Session Dates|
|Upcoming Exam Events|
|Last Date to Submit CSIR NET 2023 Application Form||Dec 4, 2023|
|Last Date to Pay CSIR NET 2023 Application Fee||Dec 4, 2023|
|Application Form Correction Window||Dec 6 - Dec 8, 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||Dec 2023|
|CSIR NET 2023 Exam Date||Dec 26 - Dec 28, 2023|
|CSIR NET 2023 Provisional Answer Key Release||Jan 2024|
|Answer Key Objection Window||Jan 2024|
|Final Answer key||Jan 2024|
|Final Provisional Answer Key||Jan 2024|
|Results Declaration for CSIR NET 2023||Jan 2024|
|Past Exam Events|
|Opening of Registration Window||Nov 1, 2023|
About CSIR NET
CSIR full form is Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test. CSIR NET is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted to select eligible candidates for the position of lecturer at colleges and universities, and for awarding the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a premier research and development organization in India. It has given the responsibility to conduct a CSIR NET exam to the National Testing Agency (NTA).
It is among the world's largest publicly funded research and development ororganizationsCSIR NET is a National Level Entrance Examination for candidates who have acquired their Bachelor's and Master's degree in streams related to science. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree are only eligible for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and not LS (Lectureship). NTA CSIR NET exam 2023 is conducted twice a year, usually in June and December.
CSIR NET 2023 Exam Highlights
After qualifying NTA CSIR NET, the applicants can get appointed as a professor or lecturer at one of the prestigious Indian universities or institutes. CSIR NET stands for Council of Scientific and Industrial Research - National Eligibility Test and it's a national level exam with aspirants across the country. Some of the key highlights of the NTA CSIR NET exam 2023 have been shared below.
|Exam Name||CSIR NET|
|Full Form||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research - National Eligibility Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, HRDG|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Sessions||Session I - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM ; Session II 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM|
|Topics||Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences|
|Duration||3 Hours i.e. 180 Minutes|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
CSIR NET vs UGC NET
CSIR NET is only for science streams and it is not just focused on lecturership but also offers a research fellowship called JRF. While UGC NET is only a lectureship qualification exam for all the courses other than science streams.
Candidates who have cleared UGC NET 2023 exam can be part of the teaching profession and research several subjects of Humanities (including Indian and some foreign languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, Forensic Science, and Environmental Sciences.
Read More: Difference Between CSIR NET and UGC NET
CSIR NET 2023 Eligibility
Eligibility for CSIR NET exam 2023 includes educational qualifications and age limit and the eligibility criteria will also vary from post to post, make sure you check the eligibility criteria for the post you are interested in. You can find CSIR NET eligibility for each of education qualification and age limit below.
SSC CHSL 2023 Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have passed BS-MS/ BS-4 years/ BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS with a minimum of 55% marks for General/ OBC category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD category to be eligible for CSIR NET exam 2023.
- Candidates should have passed B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in the Integrated MS-Ph.D. program with a minimum of 55% marks for General/ OBC category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.
Note: Candidates possessing only Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply only for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and not for a Lectureship (LS).
CSIR NET 2023 Age Limit
- For JRF NET: The candidate must be 28 years as on 1st July 2023 whereas 5 years relaxation for SC/ ST/ PWD/ female applicants and 3 years relaxation for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants.
- For Lectureship NET: No upper age limit.
Read More: CSIR NET 2023 Eligibility
CSIR NET 2023 Admit Card
CSIR UGC NET 2023 admit card for Dec session will be released few days before the exam. The exam is scheduled to be held from Dec 26 - Dec 28, 2023. Candidates can download the CSIR NET exam 2023 admit card by entering their credentials. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam unless he/she produces a valid hall ticket at the exam centre, along with ID proof in original and a self-attested photocopy of the same.
How to Download CSIR NET 2023 Admit Card?
CSIR NET admit card will be released just before the exam and all eligible candidates will able to download the admit card. Below are some of the simple steps one can follow to download the CSIR NET exam 2023 admit card.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the conducting authority. The website has been mentioned above.
- Step 2: Now look for a "CSIR NET 2023 Admit Card" link.
- Step 3: Click on the admit card link and the candidate will be redirected to a new screen.
- Step 4: On the screen, the candidate will have to enter his/her application number, date of birth, and security code displayed on the screen.
- Step 5: After entering all the details, hit "Login".
- Step 6: CSIR NET 2023 admit card will be displayed on the screen which the candidate can download and print for future reference.
Note: CSIR NET 2023 admit card will not be sent through post for any of the candidates by NTA, candidates should download by themselves from the official website.
Read More: CSIR NET Admit Card 2023
CSIR NET 2023 Exam Centres
CSIR NET 2023 exam city intimation slip will be released on the official website. Candidates will be able to download the advance city intimation slip using their credentials, such as the application number and DOB. CSIR NET 2023 will be conducted in more than 224 cities across India.
Candidates have to choose an exam centre of their convenience while filling out the application form. The allotment of the exam city would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during online registration on a first-come-first-served basis. If your first choice of city is unavailable then the next one will be allocated to you.
Read More: CSIR NET Exam Centres 2023
CSIR NET 2023 Exam Pattern
NTA laid down certain guidelines or patterns based on which CSIR NET 2023 will be conducted. The question paper will be of objective type i.e. Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
|Mode of Examination||Online mode or CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Number Of Sections||3 Sections: Part A, Part B, and Part C|
|Time Allotted||Three Hours or 180 Minutes|
|Mediums||English and Hindi|
|Number of Sessions||Two (Morning Shift and Afternoon Shift)|
There are various subjects for CSIR NET 2023 exam and each of them has a different marking scheme. There is negative marking and each subject has a different deduction of marks. For more details about CSIR NET 2023 visit CSIR NET Exam Pattern.
Read More: CSIR NET Exam Pattern.
CSIR NET 2023 Syllabus
Topics for CSIR NET syllabus 2023 are as follows:
The streams are Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences. All the streams consist of different sections which will carry different marks. There are three sections for each of the streams namely Part A, Part B, and Part C. You have to choose any one of the streams to take the exam. The subject-wise of CSIR NET syllabus 2023 is stated below.
|Chemistry in Nanoscience and Technology|
Earth Science Part B
|Oceans and Atmosphere|
|The Earth and Solar System|
|Interior of Earth, Deformation, and Tectonics|
|Earth Materials, Surface Features, and Processes|
|Environmental Earth Sciences|
Earth Science Part C
|Mineralogy and Petrology|
|Marine Geology and Paleoceanography|
|Palaeontology and its Applications|
|Structural Geology and Geotectonics|
|Precambrian Geology and Crustal Evolution|
|Sedimentology and Stratigraphy|
|Molecules and their Interaction Relevant to Biology|
|Diversity of Life Forms|
|Methods in Biology|
|Evolution and Behavior|
|System Physiology – Plant|
|Mathematical Methods in Physics|
|Thermodynamic and Statistical Physics|
|Electronics and Experimental Methods|
|Linear Integral Equations|
|Partial Differential Equations|
|Calculus of Variations|
|Ordinary Differential Equations|
|Exploratory Data Analysis|
Note: Exam Scheme for Chemical Sciences has been revised from June 2017 CSIR NET onwards. NET exam question papers with answer keys pdf files are available on our website.
Read More: CSIR NET 2023 Syllabus
CSIR NET 2023 Reference Books
In order to clear the NTA CSIR NET, 2023 exam candidates must study thoroughly and they can do that with the best reference books. Some of them are the following.
|Physical Chemistry||Samuel Glasstone|
|Infrared and Raman Spectra of inorganic and coordination compounds||Nakamoto|
|Biological inorganic chemistry: structure and reactivity||Ivano Bertini|
|Pearson Guide to UGC-CSIR-Chemical Sciences||Sanjay Singh Rawal|
|Chemistry of the Elements||N. N Greenwood and A. Earnshaw|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Gary Wulfsberg|
|CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Physical Sciences||Dr. Surekha Tomar|
|UGC CSIR JRF/NET Physical Sciences||Sunil Kushwaha|
|UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Physical Science||W. Malemnganba Chenglei|
|UGC CSIR JRF/NET Physical Sciences||GKP|
|Mathematical Sciences for UGC-CSIR Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Lectureship||Prasad|
|Mathematical Science Manual CSIR UGC/NET/SLET & Lectureship – Jupiter||Renu Sharma, Awadhesh Kumar Mishra|
|NET Mathematical Sciences – Vol. 2 UGC CSIR||Satya Prakashan|
|UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Mathematical Science||Pawan Sharma, Anshuman and Suraj Singh|
|CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES||Alok Kumar (Upkar)|
CSIR NET 2023 Paper Analysis
CSIR NET 2023 paper analysis for Dec session exam will be released soon after the exam is held from Dec 26 - Dec 28, 2023. The paper analysis is based on the responses of the candidates who appeared for the exam. According to CSIR NET 2023 exam analysis for the first day, the overall difficulty level of the first shift of the exam is moderate.
CSIR NET paper analysis 2023 was updated after the exam was conducted on each day. Based on the exam analysis for the previous day, candidates appearing for the next day can get an idea of the expected difficulty level of the exam, and prepare accordingly.
Read More: CSIR NET 2023 Paper Analysis
CSIR NET Answer Key 2023
CSIR NET 2023 provisional answer key for Dec session will be released on the official website. Candidates can check and download the provisional answer as PDF files. They will be able to raise objections against the provisional answer key by paying The requisite fee of INR 200.
The conducting body will release the CSIR NET 2023 final answer key after considering the objections raised. Candidates can calculate their estimated scores in CSIR NET 2023 with the help of the answer key.
Steps to Download CSIR NET 2023 Answer Key
Candidates can follow the steps below to check and download CSIR NET 2023 answer key.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of CSIR NET
- Step 2: Navigate to the 'Notice and Events' section on the homepage
- Step 3: Click on the 'CSIR NET Answer Key 2023'
- Step 4: A PDF file will be displayed
- Step 5: Click on the 'Download' button in the top right corner.
Read More: CSIR NET 2023 Answer Key
CSIR NET 2023 Results
CSIR NET 2023 results for Dec session will be declared on the official website. The results will have two separate merit lists, one comprising of candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF-NET) and the second for those candidates qualifying for the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (LS-NET).
LS-NET merit list which will be made available based on their performance in the above test. The applicants declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under the UGC scheme and Lecturership will be governed by UGC rules/regulations in this regard.
How to Check CSIR NET Result?
CSIR NET result 2023 will soon be released online on the official website, and candidates will be able to check their results for CSIR NET exam 2023. Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the results.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website of CSIR NET exam - csirnet.nta.nic.in,
- Step 2: There will be a "Result" link on the website. Click on the same.
- Step 3: Applicants will be asked to enter their credentials like application number, password, or date of birth, and security code.
- Step 4: After entering all the information, click the "Submit" button.
- Step 5: Now candidates can view and download CSIR NET result.
- Step 6: Candidates are advised to print CSIR NET result for future reference.
Details on CSIR NET Result
CSIR NET 2023 result will have personal details, total marks, and qualifying marks of the candidate. After the merit list is released, applicants can check their names. The scorecard is made available on the official website. Candidates can download the scorecard. The following are the details mentioned on the CSIR NET result.
- Name of the candidate
- Application number
- Roll number
- Name of the candidate
- Subject code
- Exam qualifying status
- Total marks
- Paper-wise marks
- Total percentage
- Paper-wise percentage
Read More: CSIR NET 2023 Result
CSIR NET 2023 Cut Off
CSIR NET 2023 subject-wise and category-wise cut-off list for the Dec cycle will be released on the official website along with the cut-off list for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship/ Assistant Professor posts. CSIR NET Cut-offs 2023 (Jun session) for JRFs and LS are different for each category. 33% for General and OBC and 25% for SC/ST and PWD category is a minimum criterion for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.
Steps to Check CSIR NET Cut Off 2023
Follow the steps mentioned below to check CSIR NET 2023 cut off.
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website at csirnet.nta.nic.in to view the cut off CSIR NET 2023.
- Step 2: On the home page of CSIR NET, candidates must scroll down to find "News and Announcement". Inside the same section, candidates will find the link for CSIR NET 2023 cut off.
- Step 3: Candidates must click on the same to view their CSIR NET result 2023 cut off.
- Step 4: Candidates will be presented with the cut-off of CSIR NET.
Read More: CSIR NET 2023 Cut Off
General Instructions for CSIR NET 2023
Candidates are advised to go through the information bulletin and future notification(s) including terms & conditions given/uploaded on the official website for this test.
- Candidates must satisfy their eligibility criteria for this test before applying for this test.
- Candidates must read the terms and conditions for CSIR/UGC research fellowships/lecturerships on the official websites of CSIR and UGC.
- Submission of online applications is mandatory. Hard copies of the application form won't be entertained by CSIR.
- The application form must be complete in all respect.
- The centre and date of the Exam are liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates by CSIR.
- No candidate will be admitted to the test unless he/she brings the e-admit card to the Test Venue. The mere fact that an e-admit card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that NTA has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates' e-admit card particulars/photo and signature should be similar to the actual candidate who is to appear in the exam, otherwise, he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The applicants should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining. Please note that no correspondence will be entertained for any matter for which the last date has expired.
- In all matters, the decision of the NTA as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Test or his/her subsequent qualifying in the test shall be final.
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his/ her candidature by any means may disqualify him/her for admission to the examination.
- The applicant who is found guilty of impersonation or of submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or of making statements which are incorrect or false or of suppressing material information or otherwise resorting to any other irregular or improper means for obtaining admission to the examination, or of using or attempting to use unfair means to attempt the exam or misbehaviour
- In the examination hall, shall, in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution, be debarred by NTA from this test and future tests as well.
- All disputes about the NET examination shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi only. The printout of the online application form should be kept by the candidate for future reference.
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of the online e-admit card on the day of the examination. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination e-admit card is not issued by NTA.
Important Note for CSIR NET 2023 Exam
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card such as a voter ID Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License / Adhaar Card/ Photo ID Card issued PSU/ Central/ State Govt./ ID Card issued by the University/ College, along with a printout/hard copy of their e-admit card on the day of examination.
- While applying for this exam, please ensure that you fulfil all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test.
- The facility for downloading e-admit cards to the registered candidates will be provided on NTA's website. E-admit card will not be sent by post. There will be no duplicate e-admit card shall be issued to the candidates at the exam centre.
- The actual number of questions in each part and section to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject. A candidate should submit only one application. If in case a candidate submits more than one application, only the latter/last application will be considered.
- Candidates should exercise due care while filling up the application form. In case of any error from the candidate's side, he/she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him/her.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the exam hall before the expiry of 3 hours from the start of the exam.
CSIR NET 2023 Previous Year's Question Paper
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research organizes a national-level entrance test called CSIR NET 2023 exam. Candidates wishing to pursue a career as a lecturer or a professor have to qualify for the NTA CSIR NET 2023 exam. After going through the CSIR NET 2023 syllabus and practising all the questions from all the topics, appearing candidates can opt to solve CSIR NET 2023 previous year question papers. Solving old question papers of the CSIR NET 2023 exam will help them prepare for the actual exam as it will expose the candidates to paper patterns and types of questions asked in the exam.
Read More: CSIR Previous Year Questions.
CSIR NET 2023 Salary
CSIR NET 2023 allows candidates who have cleared it to join various posts such as professors of colleges and universities, research fellowships, assistant professors, etc.
- CSIR gives a stipend of INR 31,000 for Junior Research Fellows along with House Rent Allowance (HRA) for the first three years of PhD and INR 35,000 for Senior Research fellowship Fellows along with HRA for the next two years.
- For assistant professors, the salary ranges from INR 40,000 to INR 60,000 at different colleges and universities throughout the country.
- The DRDO offers the best salary for CSIR NET 2023 qualified candidates to work as scientists. The salary structure for each category of Scientist is given in the table below-
|Scientist 'B'||INR 15,600-39,100|
|Scientist ‘C’||INR 15,600-39,100|
|Scientist 'D'||INR 15,600-39,100|
|Scientist 'E'||INR 37,400-67,000|
|Scientist 'F'||INR 37,400-67,000|
|Scientist 'G'||INR 37,400-67,000|
|Scientist 'H'||INR 67000-79,000|
|Distinguished Scientist||INR 75,500-80,000|
|Secretary DRDO, DG R&D, and Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri (SA to RM)||INR 80,000|
CSIR NET Contact Details
In case the candidate has any queries related to CSIR NET, they can contact the authorities via the following means.
Head, Human Resource Development Group,
CSIR Complex, Library Avenue,
Pusa, New Delhi,
Pincode - 110 012, India.
Email: [email protected].
Fax: 011–2584 0887.
EPABX Lines: 011–25841582, 25841492, 25842493, 25841701, 25842729.
Contact Numbers: 8287471852/ 8178359845/ 9650173668/ 9599676953/ 8882356803.
When CSIR NET exam 2023 will be held?
CSIR NET exam 2023 exam for Dec session is scheduled to be conducted from Dec 26 - Dec 28, 2023.
When CSIR NET final answer key was released?
NTA released the CSIR NET Final answer key 2023 for Jun session on on Jul 17, 2023 on the official website at csir net nat nic
When CSIR NET result 2023 has been released?
NTA has released CSIR NET result for Jun session on Jul 25, 2023 on the official website.
What are the subjects in the CSIR NET exam?
The syllabus for the exam will consist of subjects such as Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences.
What are the documents required for filling up the CSIR NET exam?
Passport-sized photograph and signature in JPEG format. Marksheet of qualifying degree. Category certificate. (If Applicable) PwD certificate. (If Applicable) Any identification proof such as Aadhar card or Voter ID.
Is there negative marking for the CSIR NET?
Yes, there is a negative marking for every incorrect response. The percentage of negative marking is different for each section.
How do I get the CSIR NET certificate?
The CSIR NET certificate is awarded only to the individuals who have qualified the exam. After the declaration of results, the qualified candidates are required to send self-attested copies of their documents so that their educational eligibility can be verified and the UGC will send them their certificates on behalf of the CSIR
What is the mode of the examination and the time allotted to complete it?
The CSIR NET is an online examination or Computer-Based Test (CBT). The time allotted to candidates to complete the test or the exam is 180 minutes or three hours.
What is the purpose of CSIR NET?
The CSIR NET is conducted to select candidates for the JRF or Junior Research Fellowship and to appoint lecturers who are eligible for Indian Universities and Colleges.
What is the official website for CSIR NET and is there a help line number?
The official website for CSIR NET is csirnet.nta.nic.in and Yes, there is a help line number which the candidates can call in case of any queries or trouble, 0120-6895200.
What is the difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET?
The main difference between UGC NET and CSIR NET is that UGC NET is conducted for students applying for lectureship or a research fellowship in subjects such as Arts, Commerce, Humanity sciences, etc whereas CSIR NET is for a lectureship or a research fellowship in science subjects.