If you want to pursue a career as a stellar lecturer or professor, the CSIR NET exam is what you should go for. After qualifying CSIR NET, you can get appointed as a professor or lecturer at one of the prestigious Indian universities or institutes.
- July 6, 2020: The application correction window for CSIR NET 2020 is open. The last date to correct the application form is July 15, 2020. Click here to make changes in the application form.
- The last date to register for the CSIR NET 2020 June Session was extended to June 30, 2020 due to the national lockdown issued by the government to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The exam which was scheduled to start from June 21, 2020 now stands postponed. The revised schedule of examination will be updated soon.
- Meanwhile, if the candidates have any queries regarding the exam they can contact 8287471852, 8178359845, 9650173668, 9599676953, 8882356803.
- What is the CSIR NET?
- CSIR NET 2020 Exam Date
- CSIR NET 2020 Eligibility
- CSIR NET 2020 Exam Syllabus
- CSIR NET 2020 Exam Pattern
- CSIR NET 2020 Application Form
- CSIR NET 2020 Exam Centres
- CSIR NET 2020 Admit Card
- CSIR NET 2020 Result
- CSIR NET 2020 Cut off Marks
- Important Note
- Exam Instructions
- Contact Details
- Related Exams
What is CSIR NET?
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research National Eligibility Test (CSIR NET) is a National Level Entrance Examination conducted to select the eligible candidates for the position of lectures at colleges and universities, and for awarding the Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).
|Exam Name||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research - National Eligibility Test|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Conducting Body||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, HRDG|
|CSIR NET 2020 Date||To be announced|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Sessions||Session I - 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM ; Session II 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM|
|Topics||Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences|
|Duration||3 Hours i.e. 180 Minutes|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Helpdesk||0110 - 25848155 [email protected]|
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is a premier research and development organization in India. It has given the responsibility to conduct a CSIR NET exam to the National Testing Agency (NTA).
It is amongst the world's largest publicly funded research and development organization. CSIR NET 2020 is a National Level Entrance Examination for candidates who have acquired their Bachelor's and Master's degree in streams related to science. Candidates with a Bachelor's degree are only eligible for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and not LS (Lectureship). CSIR NET 2020 is conducted twice a year usually in June and December.
CSIR NET vs UGC NET
CSIR NET is only for science streams and it is not just focused on lectureship but also offers a research fellowship called JRF. While UGC NET is only a lectureship qualification exam for all the courses other than science streams.
Candidates who have cleared UGC NET 2020 can be part of the teaching profession and research on several subjects of Humanities (including Indian and some foreign languages), Social Sciences, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Science, Forensic Science, and Environmental Sciences.
The monthly stipend for the CSIR NET 2020 JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) JRF - INR 31,000/- per annum + INR 20,000/- per annum.
CSIR NET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates should note all the important dates for the CSIR NET exam given here. Candidates can apply online on the official website i.e. csirnet.nta.nic.in from March 16, 2020 and the last date to submit the Application Form is on June 30, 2020.
CSIR NET Admit Card for June 21, 2020 is available online for candidates from January 1, 1970. CSIR NET 2020 will be conducted through Online i.e. Computer-based Test on June 21, 2020. After the closing of examination, the NET exam question papers with answers pdf files are available on the website.
The expected dates of the application window are present below.
|Opening of Registration Window||March 16, 2020|
|Last Date to apply for CSIR NET||June 30, 2020|
|Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|CSIR NET 2020 Exam Date||To be announced|
|Results Declaration for CSIR NET||To be announced|
CSIR NET 2020 Eligibility
Eligibility for CSIR NET exam includes educational qualifications and age limit which is mentioned below:
Candidates must have passed BS-MS/ BS-4 years/ BE/ B.Tech/ B.Pharma/ MBBS with minimum 55% marks for General/ OBC category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PwD category to be eligible for CSIR NET 2020.
Candidates should have passed B.Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in the Integrated MS-Ph.D. program with a minimum of 55% marks for General/ OBC category candidates and 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.
Note: Candidates possessing only Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply only for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and not for Lectureship (LS).
For JRF NET: The candidate must be 28 years as on 1st July 2020 whereas 5 years relaxation for SC/ ST/ PWD/ female applicants and 3 years relaxation for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants.
For Lectureship NET: No upper age limit.
CSIR NET 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for CSIR NET 2020 will be focused on 5 branches of the science stream. Topics for Syllabus are as follows:
The streams are Life Science, Physical Science, Chemical Science, Mathematical Science, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences. You have to choose any one of the streams to take the exam.
Note: Exam Scheme for Chemical Sciences has been revised from June 2017 CSIR NET onwards. NET exam question papers with answer keys pdf files are available on our website.
CSIR NET 2020 Exam Pattern
NTA laid down certain guidelines or patterns based on which CSIR NET will be conducted. CSIR NET 2020 will be conducted through Online i.e. Computer-based Tests (CBT). The question paper will be of objective type i.e. Multiple Choice Question (MCQs).
There will be a total of 3 sections in each topic which include Part A, Part B, and Part C.
Part A: General Aptitude with emphasis on Logical Reasoning, Graphical Analysis, Analytical and Numerical Ability, Quantitative Comparison, Series Formation, Puzzles, etc.
Part B: Subject-specific Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ's).
Part C: Paper will be analytical, where a candidate is expected to apply the known scientific knowledge to solve the given scientific problem.
Duration: The time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes.
Medium: The question paper will be available in both English and Hindi medium.
CSIR NET 2020 Application Form
Application Form for CSIR NET 2020 will be available on the official website i.e. csirhrdg.res.in from March 16, 2020 and the last date to submit the CSIR NET Application Form is on June 30, 2020.
Candidates should not forget to take the print-out of the application form, for any future references.
Candidates have to choose the paper of their choice (in which you have a master's/want to pursue research) while filling the CSIR NET 2020 Application Form online.
Even though the question papers are available in two languages, if you want to take the exam in Hindi medium, you have to opt for it in the application form itself.
Only then you will be given a bilingual Test Booklet and if you opt for English medium then you will be given Test Booklet printed in English Version only.
While filling the CSIR NET 2020 Application form, you need to upload the scanned documents such as Signature, Photograph, Left Thumb Impression, make sure the scanned documents are in ".jpg" or ".jpeg" format.
Candidates have to pay the following Registration Fee via online mode through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
Correction in the application form will be on the website from 18th October to 25th October.
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||INR 500/-|
CSIR NET 2020 Exam Centres
CSIR NET will be conducted in 224 cities across India. Candidates have to choose an exam centre of their convenience while filling the Application Form. The allotment of exam city would be as per the order of preference clicked by the applicant during online registration on a first-come-first-served basis. If your first choice of city is unavailable then the next one will be allocated to you. Check the list of CSIR NET exam centres.
CSIR NET 2020 Admit Card
CSIR Admit Card will be released on the official NTA website on January 1, 1970. Candidates can download it by entering their credentials. Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam unless he/ she produces the valid hall ticket at the exam centre, along with ID proof in original and a self-attested photocopy of the same.
Note: Admit Card will not be sent through post for any of the candidates by NTA, candidates should download by themselves from the official website.
CSIR NET 2020 Results
CSIR NET 2020 Result will be declared on the official website for all the candidates on January 1, 1970. There will be two separate merit lists, one comprising of candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF-NET) and the second, for those candidates qualifying the Eligibility Test for Lectureship (LS-NET), are made available based on their performance in the above Test. The applicants declared eligible for Junior Research Fellowship under the UGC scheme and Lectureship will be governed by UGC rules/ regulations in this regard.
CSIR NET 2020 Cut off
Qualifying cut off for CSIR NET will be released by NTA. Cut-offs for JRFs and LS are different for each category. 33% for General and OBC and 25% for SC/ST and PWD category is a minimum criterion provided for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.
Important Note for CSIR NET
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card such as voter ID Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License / Adhaar Card/ Photo ID Card issued PSU/ Central/ State Govt./ ID Card issued by University/ College, along with a printout/hard copy of their e-Admit Card on the day of examination.
- While applying for this exam, please ensure that you fulfil all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test.
- The facility for downloading e-Admit Cards to the registered candidates will be provided on NTA's website. E-Admit Card will not be sent by post. There will be no duplicate e-Admit card shall be issued to the candidates at the Exam Centre.
- The actual number of questions in each part and sections to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject. A candidate should submit only one application. If in case a candidate submits more than one application, only the latter/last application will be considered.
- Candidate should exercise due care while filling up the application form. In case of any error from the candidate's side, he/she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him/her.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the Exam Hall before the expiry of 3 hours from the start of the exam.
General Instructions for CSIR NET 2020
- Candidates are advised to go through the Information Bulletin and future notification(s) including terms & conditions given/uploaded on the official website for this test. Candidates must satisfy their eligibility criteria for this test before applying for this test.
- Candidates must read the terms and conditions for CSIR/UGC Research Fellowships/Lectureship on official websites of CSIR and UGC.
- Submission of Online Application is mandatory. Hard copies of the application form won't be entertained by CSIR.
- Application Form must be complete in all respect.
- The Center and date of the Exam are liable to be changed at the discretion of CSIR. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates by CSIR.
- No candidate will be admitted to the Test unless he/she brings the e-Admit Card to the Test Venue. The mere fact that an e-Admit Card has been issued to a candidate will not imply that NTA has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates e-Admit Card particulars/photo and signature should be similar to the actual candidate who is to appear in the exam, otherwise, he/she shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
- The applicants should note that their candidature is strictly provisional till their joining. Please note that no correspondence will be entertained for any matter for which the last date has expired.
- In all matters, the decision of the NTA as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Test or his/her subsequent qualifying in the Test shall be final.
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his/ her candidature by any means may disqualify him/her for admission to the examination.
- The applicant who is found guilty of impersonation or of submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with or of making statements which are incorrect or false or of suppressing material information or otherwise resorting to any other irregular or improper means for obtaining admission to the examination, or of using or attempting to use unfair means to attempt the exam, or misbehaviour in the examination hall, shall, in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution, be debarred by NTA from this test and future tests as well.
- All disputes about the NET Examination shall fall within the jurisdiction of Delhi only. The printout of the online application form should be kept by the candidate for future reference.
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with their printout of online e-Admit Card on the day of examination. No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination whose e-admit card is not issued by NTA.
Address: Head, Human Resource Development Group, CSIR Complex, Library Avenue, Pusa, New Delhi, Pincode - 110 012, India.
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 011–2584 0887.
EPABX Lines: 011–25841582, 25841492, 25842493, 25841701, 25842729