Do you want to study in SPJIMR Mumbai, XIM Bhubaneswar and IMT Ghaziabad? Prepare yourself for the XAT Exam. Go through the article given below and get detailed information on the eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern etc.
- What is XAT Exam?
- Exam Dates
- Exam Pattern
- How to Prepare for XAT Exam?
- How to Register for XAT?
- Admit Card
- Application Form
- Exam Centres
- How to check results?
- Cut Off
- Contact Information
- Related Exams
What is XAT exam?
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) 2020 is a National Level MBA Entrance Test conducted by XLRI (Xavier Labour Relations Institute), Jamshedpur for the admission into Post Graduate Management Programmes across B-Schools of Xavier's group and other major B-schools in India.
XAT exam might be conducted on January 6th 2020 in online mode. Over 75000 students are expected to appear for this exam.
- The notification for the form will be out by the 2nd week of August 2019.
- Most likely, the registration might start from the 3rd week of August and go on till 4th week of November 2019.
- Primary eligibility is that a candidate must have completed an Undergraduate programme in any reputed organization.
- XAT 2020 score will be accepted by XLRI Jamshedpur and other reputed business-schools across India for admission into MBA/PGDM programmes.
- The Full Form of MBA is Master in Business Administration. However, most MBA colleges give a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM).
- Authority: XAT is conducted by Xavier School of Management, Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) - Jamshedpur for admissions to MBA, PGDM in XLRI, other 10 associated colleges including XIMB, XIME, LIBA, which are under Xavier Associate Management Institutes (XAMI) group.
- Grandiosity: XAT is one of the oldest competitive examinations in the country that has always kept pace with the cutting edge testing methodology. Its score is being used by leading business schools for admissions, including the prestigious XLRI and other associated institutes.
- The Human Resource course in XLRI is considered to be one of the best HR course in Asia and is the Flagship programme of the college.
- Frequency: XAT is conducted once in every year. It is usually conducted in the month of January. More than 70,000 students appear for XAT every year.
- Subjects: XAT Syllabus includes: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, and General Knowledge.
- XAT Cut off: Cutoff is decided by XLRI, Jamshedpur every year. Applicants have to clear XAT Cut off 2020 to advance for the next rounds.
- International Candidates can take GMAT and apply through GMAT scores as well for admission.
Now, let's take a look at all necessary details regarding XAT 2020 exam which are listed out in table given below.
|Exam Name||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Exam Type||National Level Screening Test (Post Graduate)|
|Organised By||XLRI Xavier School of Management|
|Examination Date||6th January 2020 (tentative)|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) with 5 options and one correct response|
|Marking Scheme||For Correct Answer (+1 Mark). For Wrong Answer (-0.25 Mark), more than 8 unattempted questions will result in deduction of 0.05 marks.|
|Exam Duration||180 Minutes|
|Exam Centres||46 cities|
|Eligibility||A Three Years Bachelor's Degree (Minimum)|
|Percentile for Top B-School||95% or above|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1800 20 90835 (Toll-Free)|
|Email Supportemail@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Official Address||XLRI Admission Office - C.H. Area (East) Jamshedpur - 831001, Jharkhand, India|
Dates mentioned are tentative and based on previous year dates. Hence, candidates can prepare their study plan accordingly after referring to XAT 2020 Exam Dates. Candidates are requested to stay tuned and wait for further updates.
Check out the list of exam dates in table below.
|Application Start Date||20th August 2019|
|Application last date||24th November 2019|
|Admit card date||22nd December 2019|
|Exam date||6th January 2020|
|Result date||17th January 2020|
|Counselling date||12th February 2020|
According to XAT 2020 eligibility criteria, candidate must at least have a bachelor's degree from a recognised university. The minimum duration of graduation should be for three years. Eligibility criteria for candidates are tabulated below. These data are based on XAT 2019 (latest) exam that was conducted.
|Age limit||No upper age limit|
|Educational qualification||Minimum 3 years of a Bachelor's Degree|
Question paper is divided into five different sections. They are - Quantitative Ability, English Language & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making & G.K. A few changes are made to XAT 2019 Syllabus this year. For admission session starting 2020, it will have only one section.
How to prepare for XAT 2020 exam?
Is XAT Exam really that tough? No, it isn't. The best way to prepare yourself for this exam would be by working smart rather than working hard. As this exam is totally different from the other MBA exams. Given below are few tips for the candidates appearing for XAT 2020 exam to prepare for XAT #exam-
- Be Focused and Stay Calm - Preparing for XAT Exam and clearing the exam would be a piece of cake if you prepare for the exam in a calm and focused manner. Try to keep it as simple as possible. Lack in either of them would pose as a problem for you. Make sure that you never give up on yourself. This exam consists of a decision making section. One can answer those, only when his mind is calm and focused. It would help you come up with new ideas and tips on how to prepare.
- Attempt only the ones you can solve - XAT exam has negative marking. You can not afford to make any wild guesses while answering. Make sure that you only attempt those questions whose answers you know and are sure of being correct. Here's where you should act wisely. You wouldn't want to lose any marks just because you answered a few questions wrong.
- Time Management - If one wants to excel in time management he/she has to undergo rigorous practice. You can achieve this by taking at least 10-15 mock tests and solving previous year question papers. This would help you get familiarised with syllabus and exam pattern.
This exam has four sections - Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and General Knowledge. XAT 2020 exam pattern had undergone a few major changes. One of the major changes was the duration of exam was reduced from 3.5 hours to 3 hours. Table below shows the exam pattern that will be followed in XAT 2020. However, we have to wait for official notification regarding XAT 2020 exam pattern.
- Mode: XAT 2020 will be conducted online.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer fetches 1 mark and 1/4 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. More than 8 unattempted questions will result in the deduction of 0.05 marks.
|Type of exam||National Level Screening Test (Post Graduate)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Marking Scheme||For Correct Answer (+1 Mark). For Wrong Answer (-0.25 Mark), more than 8 unattempted questions will result in the deduction of 0.05 marks.|
XAT 2020 Admit Card will most probably be released on 22nd December 2019. Candidates will be allowed to enter into the examination centre only if they carry their valid XAT 2020 Admit Card & photo ID proof with them.
How to download the Admit Card?
Procedure to download and save the admit card is given below.
- Candidate should visit the official website.
- Upon reaching the webpage, you have to log in to your account with your credentials namely your user ID and password given to you at the time of XAT registration.
- After logging in you have to click on "Download Admit Card option" and your download will start. You can also take a print out of your admit card.
XAT form should be filled online. Fee details can be seen in the following table.
|Mode of application||Online|
For Indian candidate - INR 1700/-
NRI/ Foreign candidate - INR 5000/-
Know more regarding Application in XAT 2020 Application Form section.
- Note: Candidates can apply for more than one programme in a single XAT application but the candidate has to pay separately for every programme he or she chooses. And also candidates can take a printout of XAT application form for future use.
How to register for XAT 2020?
Application process for XAT 2020 starts from the third week of August 2019. Follow the steps given below to complete XAT 2020 registration process successfully.
- Visit xatonline.in, choose the tab "Registration" and enter Name, Date of Birth, Contact details and E-mail-id.
- A system generated XAT ID and password will be communicated to the candidate through Email/SMS.
- Students should note down XAT ID and password for future communication.
- After registering, the candidate should fill personal details and other educational background details. Finally, the candidate should upload necessary documents (as per given specifications).
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is a national-level management entrance test conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur. Exam centres of XLRI 2020 are located all over India. There were no XAT exam centres located outside India. XAT was conducted in two international cities, Dubai and Kathmandu previously. We can expect XAT 2020 to be held in same two cities this time as well.
You will be given the opportunity to choose your test centre preferences at the time of XAT registration. However, out of the given choices, only one centre will be alloted to you.
XAT 2020 Results might be declared by XLRI in 2nd or 3rd week of January 2020. Candidate can also download the scorecard from XAT official website. Shortlisted candidates are called for the next process of selection.
How to check 2020 Results?
Enter registration number and date of birth to access your XAT 2020 Results. Candidate will be provided with XAT User ID and password using which they can log in to the official exam website and check their result.
XAT response sheets are generally released every year before the results. XAT 2020 response sheets can, therefore, be expected in the 2nd week of January.
XAT Cut Off 2020 is decided on the basis of number of applicants, difficulty of the paper, number of seats in participating colleges. In order to be eligible to sit in next rounds, the candidate has to qualify XAT cut off score. Cutoff of XAT 2020 is released by XLRI Jamshedpur. It is the exam conducting body. The XAT cut-off varies from one institute to the other.
Cutoff for year 2019 is tabulated below. The cutoff for the year 2020 will be almost the same. Although, the expected 2020 cutoff will be published shortly.
|Name of the College||XAT 2019 Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneshwar||95+|
Xavier Labor and Relations Institute(XLRI), Jamshedpur
|PGDM HR- 88+|
|Institute of Management Technology(IMT), Ghaziabad||90+|
|Great lakes Institute of Management, Chennai||90+|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai||90+|
|Amity Business School, Noida||85+|
|Institute for financial Management and research, Chennai||85+|
|SP Jain Institute of Management and research, Mumbai||85+|
|KIIT School Institute of Management||85+|
|Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore||80+|
|Birla Institute of Management technology, greater Noida||75+|
|IFIM Business school, Bangalore||70+|
|Alliance school of business, Bangalore||70+|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow||60+|
|Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Harihar and Pune||60+ (profile based shortlisting)|
|Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida||60+|
|SRM Institute of Management and technology, Delhi NCR campus||60+|
Counselling session will consist of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. After this, the merit list will be displayed on the website. Based on the merit list and availability of seats, candidates will be provided admission to various programmes.
- Documents Required: Shortlisted candidates have to carry all original documents at the time of XAT 2020 Counselling. These are cross verified against the forms filled by the candidates.
- Selection Criteria: Final selection will be done on the basis of XAT 2020 performance, personal interview (and/or group discussions), academic background, relevant work experience & extracurricular activities.
XAT 2020 will be a single session exam. It will be conducted most probably on the first week of January in the time slot, say between, 10 AM to 1:00 PM. This exam generally is conducted across 46 cities in India. XAT 2020 MBA Entrance Exam results may be released possibly on the fourth week of January.
- Candidate can apply for XAT exam 2020 on the official website.
- XAT 2020 registration form might be out by 2nd week of August. And henceforth, XAT form can be filled for about two months. The end date of form filling is generally around the final week of November.
- Candidates can apply for exam even after application deadline has been passed, by paying the late fee.
For any kind of queries related to the exam, feel free to contact the below.
- Address: XLRI Xavier School of Management, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur 831001
- Ph no: 0657 665 3203/04/05,
- Fax: 0657 665 3200/ 2227814
- Visit: www.xatonline.in / www.xlri.ac.in
- Toll-Free no: 1800 20 90835