Latest Updates: June 18 - TNTET Examination was postponed until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Re-scheduled Exam dates will be notified soon.
Have you finished your bachelor's degree in Tamil Nadu? Are you aspiring to become a teacher for primary or upper primary level in Tamil Nadu? Then TNTET is the exam what you should take up. Tamilnadu Teachers Eligibility Test (TNTET) is conducted to recruit aspiring candidates to the role of teachers in the primary (class 1 - class 5) and higher primary sections (class 6 - class 8) of the schools of Tamilnadu. Candidates who successfully qualify in the examination will be given a certificate which will be valid of 7 years.
You can get to know all the details about TNTET 2020 in the following sections.
- What is TNTET?
- TNTET 2020 Exam Dates
- TNTET 2020 Eligibility
- TNTET 2020 Syllabus
- TNTET 2020 Registration
- TNTET 2020 Application Form
- TNTET 2020 Exam Pattern
- TNTET 2020 Admit Card
- TNTET 2020 Exam Centres
- TNTET 2020 Results
- TNTET 2020 Recruitment
- General Instructions
- Related Exams
What is TNTET?
TNTET full form is the Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test. Teachers Recruitment Board (TRB) of Tamil Nadu conducts Teacher Eligibility Test on June 27, 2020. It is a state-level competitive exam for the recruitment of candidates into the teaching field. In TNTET there are 2 papers which are TNTET Paper I and Paper-II.
|Exam Name||Tamil Nadu Teacher Eligibility Test|
|Level of exam||State|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Conducting Authority||Teachers Recruitment Board|
|Mode of Application||Online Application Form|
|Mode of Exam||Pen & Paper-based Test (offline exam)|
|Total marks (Phase-1)||150 marks|
|Total marks(Phase-2)||150 marks|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marks|
|Age Limit||18-40 Years|
TNTET 2020 Exam Dates
TRB released the notification for TNTET Exam on 28th February 2020. In the notification, it gave various information about application form date, eligibility etc. Later it announced TNTET 2020 Exam Dates and admit card release dates separately. TRB is yet to announce the results date. These dates as officially released by the conducting authority is given below:
The official notification will be released on 4th May 2020.
|TNTET Notification Release Date||May 4, 2020, officially announced|
|Issue of TNTET 2020 Application Form||March 15, 2020 (Postponed)|
|Last Date of TNTET Application Form||April 12, 2020 (Postponed)|
|Release of Admit Card||May 25, 2020 (Postponed)|
|TNTET 2020 Paper I Exam||June 27, 2020 (postponed)|
|TNTET 2020 Paper-II Exam||June 28, 2020 (postponed)|
|Declaration of Result||Will be announced soon|
TNTET 2020 Eligibility
TRB has set the eligibility criteria for Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidates should clear the eligibility else they will be subject to rejection under the authority of TRB. Applicants should be older than 18 and shouldn't cross the age limit of 40. The academic qualification required for both papers are given below:
Minimum educational qualifications for applicants to attend Paper-I are:
- Candidates should have done higher secondary (or its equivalent) with a minimum of 50% marks. And he/she should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education or any other name it is known by.
- Applicants should have passed higher secondary or it's equivalent with at least 45% marks. Along with this candidates should have passed in a two-year diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with the NCTE regulations 2002. Final year candidates also can apply.
- Students should have done Higher Secondary education or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks. They should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of 4 years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Aspirants should have cleared Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks. Along with it they should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Candidate should be doing graduation and passed/appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Applicants should have done graduation with 50% marks and passed/appearing in the final year of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
Note: Candidates should note that if they have passed in D.T.ed./D.Ele.Ed. from other stated than Tamil Nadu then they should submit an evaluation certificate.
Minimum educational qualifications for applicants to attend Paper-II are:
- Candidates should have done graduation and passed/appearing in the final year of two years of Diploma in Elementary Education.
- Applicants should have done graduation with at least 50% marks. And they should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).
- Students should have done graduation with at least 45% marks. They should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.), in accordance with the NCTE Regulations.
- Aspirants should have passed Higher Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks. They should have also passed or should be appearing in the final year of 4-year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.).
- Students should have passed higher secondary with at least 50% marks. They should have passed or should be appearing in the final year of 4-year B.A/B.Sc. Ed or B.A. Ed./B.Sc. Ed.
- Candidates should have done graduation with at least 50% marks. They should have also passed or should be appearing in the final year of B.Ed (Special Education).
- A candidate who has B.Ed qualification from an institute which is recognized by the NCTE eligible to appear in TET.
- Students who are pursuing any of the teacher education courses which are recognized by the NCTE or the RCI.
TNTET 2020 Syllabus
Candidates should be aware of the TNTET 2020 Syllabus which is prescribed by the TRB. This will help them plan and prepare well for the exam. Syllabus for Paper I and Paper II varies and they are as follows:
- Paper-1: Child Development & Pedagogy, Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu, English, English, Mathematics and Environmental Studies.
- Paper-2: Child Development & Pedagogy, Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu, English, Mathematics And Science/Social Science.
TNTET 2020 Registration
TRB will release the application form on March 15, 2020. Once the application form is released candidates need to fill in TNTET Application Form Details and submit it. Candidates can go through the following to get details about application form.
How to apply for TNTET?
Once TRB will release the online application form, you can follow these steps to fill the application form:
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website of the Teachers Recruitment Board.
- Step 2: Fill in the application form with the required details.
- Step 3: Upload your recent photograph and signature.
- Step 4: Enter your valid email address and phone number, these will be used for communication till the announcement of results.
- Step 5: Pay the fee online through Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card. You should remember that there is no option to pay the fee through any offline modes.
- Step 6: Submit the application form before April 12, 2020 before 5:00 PM.
- Candidates need to use separate applications for Paper I and Paper II.
- Any application form without image and/or signature will be rejected.
- Candidates have to fill in the application form with utmost care. Else if they make a mistake then TRB won't entertain any correspondences regarding such matters and will reject the application form.
TNTET 2020 Application Form Details
Candidates can apply to TNTET only through there Online Application Form. Candidates need to access the application in the official website to apply for TNTET 2020.
TNTET application form link is trb.tn.nic.in. You have to visit this website and click on the TNTET 2020 application form link. The application date is March 15, 2020. TNTET Application Last Date 2020 is April 12, 2020.
Once you have submitted the application TRB won't allow any TNTET Application Correction. So you have to carefully fill all the details and proofread once, before submitting.
Examination Fee: The examination fee for TNTET 2020 is Rs. 500. If you belong to reserved categories (i.e. SC, SCA, ST and Person with Disability) then you have to pay the examination fee of Rs. 250. Enter your category details properly, since TRB has announced that there is no refund policy.
Photograph and Signature: Candidates need to upload their recent photograph against white background along with their signature. The file format and size specified by TRB are as follows:
|Document||Details||Size (in KB)||File Format|
|Photograph||Recent passport size coloured photograph against a white background||20 - 60||jpg/jpeg/png|
|Signature||Signature should be visible||10 - 30||jpg/jpeg/png|
Application Fee: For candidates belonging to General/OBC candidates fee is INR.500, and if candidates belong to the reserved category then the fee is INR 250.
Documents required to apply for TNTET
Details and documents that candidates might need to apply for TNTET 2020 are:
- Your details like name, father's name etc.
- Qualification details.
- Higher Secondary Education or it's equivalent Certificate.
- Certificate/Marks Card of qualifying/qualified exam specified by TRB.
- For payment Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
- PWD Certificate (if applicable).
TNTET 2020 Exam Pattern
When you are preparing for your TNTET 2020 you will need to know paper pattern along with the syllabus. This will help you plan ahead and prepare for the exam. The question paper will consist of only MCQs type of questions. This means you have to select one correct answer out of given multiple options.
Paper I will be conducted on March 15, 2020. Paper I will have 150 MCQs and duration is 180 minutes. Exam pattern for TNTET Paper I is as follows:
|Sl. No.||Subject/Content||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|1||Child Development and Pedagogy (relevant to the age group of 6 years - 11 years)||30||30|
|2||Language I - Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu||30||30|
|3||Language II - English||30||30|
Paper II will be conducted on April 12, 2020. Paper II will have 150 MCQs and duration is 180 minutes. Exam pattern for TNTET Paper II is as follows:
|Sl. No.||Content||Number of MCQs||Marks|
|1||Child Development and Pedagogy relevant to the age group of 11 - 14 years||30||30|
|2||Language I - Tamil/Telugu/Malayalam/Kannada/Urdu||30||30|
|3||Language II - English||30||30|
|4||For Mathematics and Science Teacher: Mathematics and Science or||60||60|
|Social Science Teacher: Social Science or|
|Any other teacher: Either Mathematics and Science or Social Science|
TNTET 2020 Admit Card
Candidates need to visit the official website to download the TNTET 2020 Admit card. It is tentatively expected to be released in June, 2020.
Download Hall Ticket: The applicants will have to submit their application number, date of birth and security pin to download TNTET 2020 admit card.
TNTET 2020 Exam Centres
TRB will conduct TNTET 2020 in all districts. TNTET 2020 Exam Centre details will be mentioned on the admit card along with other essential details.
TRB reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of exam centres depending on the number of seats and applicants. And it also reserves right to re-allot candidates due to administrative reasons.
Note: TRB doesn't cover expenses which incur to attend TNTET. All the expenses incurred to attend the exam should be covered by the candidate.
TNTET 2020 Results
TNTET 2020 results will be published on the official website (trb.tn.nic.in). After the one month of the TNTET 2020 exam, results will be announced on the official website.
TRB will release notification on the official website which will contain details about TNTET Result 2020 Date. Once it is released we will update the result date and other information.
Passing mark: Candidates have to clear both Paper-1 and Paper-2 with an average mark of 60%.
Validity: The scorecard of TNTET exam 2020 will be valid for a duration of 7 years.
TRB does not offer recruitment through TNTET. Candidates should take another exam related to recruitment. TNTET will give a Score which will be valid for 7 years. This score will be used as one of the factors for recruitment.
- Candidates who have scored marks 60% or above in TNTET in either of the papers will receive a pass certificate. Candidates belonging to reserved categories will get a relaxation of 5%.
- TNTET Score is valid for a duration of 7 years.
- TNTET certificate doesn't guarantee you a job as a teacher. It merely serves as one of the factors in appointment as a teacher.
- According to School Education (TRB) Department, as per G.O.(Ms)No.149 dated 20.07.2018, The candidates who have qualified TNTET will have to appear another competitive exam which is related to recruitment.